Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Card Banning in PvP

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
Yes, I am back. Just had a few things I noticed after a weeks worth of watching my friend PvP (believe it or not that was very tiring).
First off I would like to say this whole 'Warlords use high TC' bit is quite false. Though this is true for almost all low level PvPers (my friend and his opponents alike are fond of Skeletal Dragon at level 5), when facing higher level PvPers there are more Star, Tower Shield/shields in general, and support TC used then anything else. Why? Because by this level most PvPers have decent resist and can focus more on a strategic battle then a one shot kill tactic. If you're a low level PvPer (which ranges from Lvl. 1-40ish) then expect to see Efreet and other gargantuan TC to be spammed.
Second, PvP is more about the gear you use then the cards you play. If you can't resist a Rank 4-5 (normal) spell to close to half then you're going to get crushed in PvP. Pierce (from Infallible) and crazy damage boosts are common in PvP (as well as resist but that's pretty much expected in PvP). If you have crappy gear then you're going to have a crappy experience.
Third, I do agree that there are players out there who aren't as humble as you would expect. My friend and I always give a polite bow or 'gg' at the end and compliment the opposing team whether we won or lost, and half the time we either got snotty replies or nothing at all (which is expected because they don't want you knowing their stats).
Fourth, the only reason I see TC being bashed on is because they're buyable spells. I can see why this would upset people, because it's like exchanging gold for power (or essentially buying your way to the top). However, I would like to point out that TC are OPTIONAL and that you don't HAVE to buy them to win. If you think TC now are bad, I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of PvP hate on the new spells that are being released with the new Khrysalis Part 2 expansion.

R.I.P.
Morgrim. Lvl. 91

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Well I used to think that treasure cards in pvp were unfair and didn't use them but isn't that being unfair to yourself? It's harder to win against a treasure card user and its not banned or anything.
Saffron Sandsword
Master

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
Ok and I was muted for like 3 an ahalf days on the game I had to get my crown user on so I could still talk.

Now I'm not muted anymore. And I think I was mad when I made this post thought.

See you in rank pvp and around the spiral and good luck.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2013
Do you think its fair that wizards are allowed to use their treasure cards in PvP? Or would you prefer that every wizard uses their own cards that they earned? Your opinion just wanting to know. Thank You.
Isaac Silversword
Lvl 34

Survivor
Dec 28, 2013
I agree completely. On my ice lvl 38, I fought this Level 12 Fire and he used Infallible. I still beat him but he said he was making a youtube video and how i was going to lose and being seen losing. I hate it how all those low lvl pvpers have to use tc! It doesn't have to do with skill, and skill is true pvp. Also, when you said that girls couldn't pvp, that team was wrong. I have seen plenty of girls beat boys before (no offense) but it's just people shouldn't judge other people like that.

~Colin

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
I agree, that TC can be overpowered, but there is a way to fight against them. First of all, most TC cards don't have a reduced pip count from the Original card, therefore I suggest, use a couple rounds to get blades (Since they usually are free in pips) and stuff, and then defeat them right away. TC can be annoying (I've been beaten plenty of times by level 22 wizards using TC with Star Spells) but there's no way it can be avoided, and I doubt KingsIsle will ban TC from Pvp. And for the thing on Girls can't pvp, well, that's just Hogwash. You go girl! Tara PearlGem

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Okay, so, I was wondering if we could actually have level limits on TC. I know some TCs in the Bazaar already have a level requirement but I think we need more :/ Literally, got spammed efreet and they put tons of tower shields on. I can deal with the tower shields since that is the only way to defend against Balance but efreet, really? And a level 10 using Frost Giant (just happened today), really? If not level limits, we could have a choice of whether we can have a ranked battle with TCs or not. I like PvP but if I wanna rank up I can't since practice doesn't allow you to

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Xiouen on Apr 18, 2014 wrote:
Okay, so, I was wondering if we could actually have level limits on TC. I know some TCs in the Bazaar already have a level requirement but I think we need more :/ Literally, got spammed efreet and they put tons of tower shields on. I can deal with the tower shields since that is the only way to defend against Balance but efreet, really? And a level 10 using Frost Giant (just happened today), really? If not level limits, we could have a choice of whether we can have a ranked battle with TCs or not. I like PvP but if I wanna rank up I can't since practice doesn't allow you to
It's kind of hard to spam efreet because at the beginning of the match you have to wait at least 4 turns, and that's if you're lucky, to be able to use it. You also need to be fire or have a fire mastery amulet and those... well to be blunt those are hard to come by unless you buy them. Now as for low levels using them, there is a good way to work around this. Just beat them up before they have a chance to use them. Yes they use tower shields as a way to block but that's just good strategy. Build up pips and shields and then go all-out. Now while they're doing this you can also work to reduce the attack power of their spells or increase your defense power. you can also work to decrease their accuracy too. Level limits aren't the answer to be honest. The cards that have level limits legitimately need them but cards that have high power and level also take longer to bring out and that's where you have a shot at victory. Now as for the classic ranked option. That's been discussed numerous times and to be honest, that's one idea I feel is legitimately good. But others tend to disagree for varying reasons. I view some of said reasons to be legitimate.. others.... not so much.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Joshua Starflame on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
It's kind of hard to spam efreet because at the beginning of the match you have to wait at least 4 turns, and that's if you're lucky, to be able to use it. You also need to be fire or have a fire mastery amulet and those... well to be blunt those are hard to come by unless you buy them. Now as for low levels using them, there is a good way to work around this. Just beat them up before they have a chance to use them. Yes they use tower shields as a way to block but that's just good strategy. Build up pips and shields and then go all-out. Now while they're doing this you can also work to reduce the attack power of their spells or increase your defense power. you can also work to decrease their accuracy too. Level limits aren't the answer to be honest. The cards that have level limits legitimately need them but cards that have high power and level also take longer to bring out and that's where you have a shot at victory. Now as for the classic ranked option. That's been discussed numerous times and to be honest, that's one idea I feel is legitimately good. But others tend to disagree for varying reasons. I view some of said reasons to be legitimate.. others.... not so much.
I see your reasoning there (And they were able to spam it sadly because of 1: Internet Problems and 2: Fizzling) and I have tried to defeat people who somewhat depend on TC before they could save up pips but balance is very prone to fizzling and is mostly for support of others (a lot like Life) but it also has me wondering:
If lower levels are allowed to use High level TC its sort of no point in having a level requirement to have the actual spell, really (inside of PvP, at least.) I don't want to seem "butt hurt" or anything but it's just that TC usage in PvP seems a bit abused, right?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Xiouen on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
I see your reasoning there (And they were able to spam it sadly because of 1: Internet Problems and 2: Fizzling) and I have tried to defeat people who somewhat depend on TC before they could save up pips but balance is very prone to fizzling and is mostly for support of others (a lot like Life) but it also has me wondering:
If lower levels are allowed to use High level TC its sort of no point in having a level requirement to have the actual spell, really (inside of PvP, at least.) I don't want to seem "butt hurt" or anything but it's just that TC usage in PvP seems a bit abused, right?
It's not abused, it's just a part of the game being used as intended. You have every bit as much ability to use them too you know.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
No it not it's being used to much I want the age for rank PVP to change already.

I just want a fight with my normal spell and I don't like others wizards using minus tc blade death can beat a balance wizard without spamming minus 30 blades on a balance wizard even if a balance wizard is 20 lvl higher then the death wizard.

And I will be happy if tc was lvl limit :)

Amy lvl 92 :)

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
This is true. From what I've heard some warlords, and it's usually low levels that I hear doing this, rely entirely on TC. Now this isn't always a bad thing. It allows them to go a lot more creative in their spells rather than being limited to what they've trained in just a few schools. Are there drawbacks to this? Of course. The sidedecks are at minimum a 3rd of the size of the regular deck and at most half the size. This means that you'll usually still have cards while your opponent runs out of their stuff a lot sooner. This also can be a bit of a problem for them as they also have to discard cards in their normal deck to use TC. Now I still disagree with the limiting of TC to only those who have the right level. After all, if they choose to farm for the TC or waste their gold to buy it, that's their decision and it'll come back to bite them soon enough as their strategy can fall apart quickly. If they want to PVP at a low level they'll also need the TC. Otherwise if they're limited only to what they can train at their level they're going to lose fairly quickly. TC evens the odds for them but it doesn't guarantee them a win. Now if you still don't exactly like this I do have one suggestion. Use what you have at your disposal. Anything you can use is fair game and that includes TC and pets. You don't need to go to the lengths of what you'd consider "abuse" but a few TC would help you get further in the arena.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Xiouen on Apr 18, 2014 wrote:
Using TC is a valid part of PVP and has been since the beginning. In fact, PVP is where TC really become most useful in the Wizard101 world.

Beginning players in PVP often find this as a surprise. They are used to the level-limited play of the regular game, and also used to AI opponents who cannot actually think and strategize. In PVE, the biggest threat is a cheating boss (which, I admit, can be very challenging and frustrating).

But in PVP you are fighting real, thinking people, who have the full range of their own creativity at their disposal. So it is like every opponent is a really hard boss.

To counter this challenge, you have the full range of your own creativity, and all the spells and strategies you can come up with for yourself. You get to make yourself into a really hard boss as well.

My suggestion is, rather than trying to limit the creative abilities of your opponents, try increasing your own creative abilities for PVP. You too can use TC. If someone beat you with a strategy you did not expect, you can learn from that experience, and try to use that same surprising strategy yourself. Use your PVP matches as training lessons in creative spell casting.

This approach also helps transform the PVP experience from one of frustration ("I can't ever beat these mean sneaky TC using warlords!...") to one of creative exploration ("Wow! That was a really effective strategy that player used! How can I make that strategy work for me?"). The second attitude is much more fun for you and the other players too -- you might even make some helpful, creative friends if you compliment the other players and ask them to help you improve your game. Curiosity and appreciation are much more delightful attitudes to live with, than are frustration and upset.

At least, once I started using this approach, I found PVP a lot more fun. I also started winning a lot more, and have since made it to Warlord.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2011
Honestly in your case, you are just being bullied by people who won only because of treasure cards...
but in some cases, i am a level 39 overlord and i tend to go against legendaries and low-rank grandmaster warlords with glendemming gear. Literally the only possible way i can win is to use tc at their level, and even then i get beaten by them often. so i don't think that high level treasure cards should be banned, but i think there is just this issue with pvp trash talkers...

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
You don't need tc to win it just a show off spell and weak spell at that.

I can beat a warlord if they don't spam or do spam and yes I will use power nova when I get hit with fire genie spell that gives me a 90 minus blade.

And the tc myth spell that makes all shields goes away less you are a high lvl myth wizard.
I found a counter to it.

And Warlords stop calling privates noobs less you want to stay a bully then sooner or later you will get muted for that name calling.

Instead of calling noobs try to help them with there own spell cards that would be the nice warlords way calling private noobs only makes a argue meant.

So Warlords be nice and help out others players please.

Amy lvl 93

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
kymma shadow on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
You don't need tc to win it just a show off spell and weak spell at that.

I can beat a warlord if they don't spam or do spam and yes I will use power nova when I get hit with fire genie spell that gives me a 90 minus blade.

And the tc myth spell that makes all shields goes away less you are a high lvl myth wizard.
I found a counter to it.

And Warlords stop calling privates noobs less you want to stay a bully then sooner or later you will get muted for that name calling.

Instead of calling noobs try to help them with there own spell cards that would be the nice warlords way calling private noobs only makes a argue meant.

So Warlords be nice and help out others players please.

Amy lvl 93
Kymma.. TC are not just showing off and they are not weaker than the original spells. While they cannot be enchanted, on their own they are stronger than the base spells. Unfortunately being rude is also not a reportable offense. Meaning you can't report others for insults.... unless they are using racially or sexually offensive language. I do like the sentiment in the last part. Everyone should try to help one another instead of being rude. If the world were like this we'd have a splendid time wouldn't we?

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
High level treasure cards are necessary in PvP, as my level 5 diviner relies on Triton, Do-daga, Kraken, etc. She got to Veteran using such cards. Too bad it wasn't worth it (ranked back down to Private ). What I'm saying, is that, lower level PvP wouldn't be possible without treasure cards. But, I do think PvP could have treasure card attacks be removed for level 25+. They have much stronger cards by then, and even if they're Ice, they could still use buffs.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
Tc is unfair gain for warlords to steal the match away if tc didn't have a 100% accuracy it should be minus to 50% accuracy that would make it more fair in rank pvp.

But king isle is not doing the matches fair in rank pvp so non tc user are losing more matches then winning matches if we private can't win then how are we going to get the outfit we want?

Amy lvl 95 Just want commander outfit.

PS:
And warlords already got there gaol done so why do we private have to fight them?

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
kymma shadow on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
Tc is unfair gain for warlords to steal the match away if tc didn't have a 100% accuracy it should be minus to 50% accuracy that would make it more fair in rank pvp.

But king isle is not doing the matches fair in rank pvp so non tc user are losing more matches then winning matches if we private can't win then how are we going to get the outfit we want?

Amy lvl 95 Just want commander outfit.

PS:
And warlords already got there gaol done so why do we private have to fight them?
Not all tc has 100% accuracy, and to those who don't use tc deserve to lose. Putting tc in your deck is just like putting on your pvp gear, they are both ways of preparing for pvp. If you don't prepare properly then why should you win against a properly prepared person? How do you know if warlords reached their goal? For all we know their goal may be to achieve overlord or be on the leaderboards. If you want the commander outfit so badly then why don't you use the simple solution to gaining an advantage in pvp and using tc. If someone refused to wear their pvp gear for pvp wouldn't you think they deserve to lose? I would, and it's the same with tc.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
stormninja542 on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
Not all tc has 100% accuracy, and to those who don't use tc deserve to lose. Putting tc in your deck is just like putting on your pvp gear, they are both ways of preparing for pvp. If you don't prepare properly then why should you win against a properly prepared person? How do you know if warlords reached their goal? For all we know their goal may be to achieve overlord or be on the leaderboards. If you want the commander outfit so badly then why don't you use the simple solution to gaining an advantage in pvp and using tc. If someone refused to wear their pvp gear for pvp wouldn't you think they deserve to lose? I would, and it's the same with tc.
Private shouldn't fight warlords at all it makes it way to hard for private to win.

Till king isle makes a better update where private don't fight warlords then it will be fair till then it will always be unfair in rank pvp.

And I just want veteran outfit and when I'm fighting warlords it not really fair at all.

Amy lvl 95

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
kymma shadow on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
Private shouldn't fight warlords at all it makes it way to hard for private to win.

Till king isle makes a better update where private don't fight warlords then it will be fair till then it will always be unfair in rank pvp.

And I just want veteran outfit and when I'm fighting warlords it not really fair at all.

Amy lvl 95
Kingsisle will never make pvp "easy to win." It is not meant to be easy to get to warlord. Pvp is meant to require skill, and if it was easy, there would be no sense of achievement in getting to warlord. If a game is too easy, it would not be fun. It would be the same with pvp. And how could pvp be easy for everyone, anyway? If Kingsisle made one person get lower level/rank opponents, then their opponents would be getting a higher level/rank opponent. Warlords are usually only paired with privates when the warlord is much lower level. Higher levels have many advantages. Use them, and you will win. Don't, and you'll lose a lot more often than you would otherwise.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
kymma shadow on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:

Amy lvl 95
So you are just going to change this blame for pvp being "unfair" from tc to privates vs warlords? Make up your mind, do you think pvp is unfair because of unfair matching or because of tc? In fact either reason for thinking pvp isn't fair aren't good. I have already explained why tc is totally fair, if you need a reminder as to why tc isn't unfair refer to my last post. Privates vs warlords isn't unfair for the private because the private will always vs a lower lvl warlord. If anything is unfair in pvp it's ridiculous 30 lvl differences between privates and warlords. Lvl 20 warlords should not have to vs lvl 50 wizards, private or not. If anything, in most cases, privates should consider themselves lucky since they get to vs those half their lvl. Privates only lose to warlords because they don't know how to make a proper deck setup, they don't use tc, they have poor gear, and a poor pet. If most privates did not have those weaknesses then they would dominate pvp. Most privates are simply ill-prepared for pvp and that's why they lose to lower lvl warlords. So, be an exception and soon enough you will find yourself at commander and getting your commander gear.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
Aaron SpellThief on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
Kingsisle will never make pvp "easy to win." It is not meant to be easy to get to warlord. Pvp is meant to require skill, and if it was easy, there would be no sense of achievement in getting to warlord. If a game is too easy, it would not be fun. It would be the same with pvp. And how could pvp be easy for everyone, anyway? If Kingsisle made one person get lower level/rank opponents, then their opponents would be getting a higher level/rank opponent. Warlords are usually only paired with privates when the warlord is much lower level. Higher levels have many advantages. Use them, and you will win. Don't, and you'll lose a lot more often than you would otherwise.
They can reduce it like 500 so it want 1 time kill you that will make it more fair in rank pvp
Till then this complain will stay in on the message board.

TC is a little overpowering but if you have all jade gear it's evens the playing field
I only have the robe on and TC spells hits in the 500 damage so to me it does need a reduce.

Amy lvl 96 Will Fairer matches in the future and as long there is tc there going to be shadow shrike.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
kymma shadow on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
They can reduce it like 500 so it want 1 time kill you that will make it more fair in rank pvp
Till then this complain will stay in on the message board.

TC is a little overpowering but if you have all jade gear it's evens the playing field
I only have the robe on and TC spells hits in the 500 damage so to me it does need a reduce.

Amy lvl 96 Will Fairer matches in the future and as long there is tc there going to be shadow shrike.
Treasure cards are NOT a big deal AT ALL.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
stormninja542 on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
So you are just going to change this blame for pvp being "unfair" from tc to privates vs warlords? Make up your mind, do you think pvp is unfair because of unfair matching or because of tc? In fact either reason for thinking pvp isn't fair aren't good. I have already explained why tc is totally fair, if you need a reminder as to why tc isn't unfair refer to my last post. Privates vs warlords isn't unfair for the private because the private will always vs a lower lvl warlord. If anything is unfair in pvp it's ridiculous 30 lvl differences between privates and warlords. Lvl 20 warlords should not have to vs lvl 50 wizards, private or not. If anything, in most cases, privates should consider themselves lucky since they get to vs those half their lvl. Privates only lose to warlords because they don't know how to make a proper deck setup, they don't use tc, they have poor gear, and a poor pet. If most privates did not have those weaknesses then they would dominate pvp. Most privates are simply ill-prepared for pvp and that's why they lose to lower lvl warlords. So, be an exception and soon enough you will find yourself at commander and getting your commander gear.
That a bully state ment to say and I still do reports on overpowering tc spells because it does needs a reduce to make warlords not the winning team the tc judgement spell should only do a 120 damage per pips instead of 125 damage per pip and yes I reduce the tc judgement spell by 5

That would make it more fair in rank pvp and ice spams tc ice bird should lose 100 damage to even the playing field.

That will make it more fairer in rank pvp and I don't care what warlords have to say.
I'm for 3age to start right now to make it where warlords will have to start all over that will be really good for me or just put the epic bundle pack back into crown shop please.

Amy lvl 96 Wants veteran out so she can stitch it later.

PS:

Girls Warlords are the real warlords because they don't call people noob. I think I have 3 girls warlords that didn't call me a noob.

But guys warlords do so they are the bullies in rank pvp and I will report them just not girls warlords and I only congrats girl warlords on there warlord badge because they earn it fairly I rather fight a girl warlords that nice and not rude.

Guy Warlords didn't earn my trust yet because they call me a noob. And in 1 rank pvp I got reported 5 or 8 times falsely in rank pvp I think who ever does that many falsely reports should get muted.

I 1 got muted and it was April 1 at night I got unmuted on April 4 at noon witch that was a unfair muting though but it was a short mute so I didn't try to prove it.

And little kids that are hall managers they need there dad or mom by there side so they can't muted others wizards on the game.

If I get muted king isle owes me 20,000 crowns to make it fair.

And who ever says girls can't pvp are dead wrong I say girls are the fairer ruler then the guys that are warlords
Go girls warlords