Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Card Banning in PvP

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Aaron SpellThief on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
Treasure card users have just as much say in this as anyone else, thank you very much. If non-tc users are a minority, why should they have a huge update made for them, just so that they can have an unfair advantage over warlords? As for your other post, resistance is not everything. Waterworks gear gives more healing boost, health, critical, critical block, and usually damage than the level 50 glendemming gear. You have more cards, and better cards, than warlords. Use these advantages along with a good strategy, and you'll win, even without treasure cards. Also, you still did not answer many of my previous post's points. How are treasure cards any different than good gear? With both, if you are willing to farm for or buy them, anyone can have them. With both, some are level limited. I believe that no one should get an unfair advantage in pvp, so I have to disagree with most, if not all, of your posts.
How about the warlords let Amy get the veteran outfit and she will let all warlords beat her she want try to win with that outfit that the only reason she does rank pvp. For that one outfit so can you and the others warlord let her get that outfit. She is my balance wizard.

Amy lvl 84

Jordan Talon lvl 73

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Wolf Skullslinger on Mar 7, 2014 wrote:
If you refuse to use TC, you're condemning yourself to be VERY one-sided. PvP is supposed to make you think, predict, and come up with strategies to win. If you say "well I think this way is bad" when it wins, you may be sentencing yourself to being a private-sergeant forever.

Most Jedi go TO the dark side, then after returning to the light, they are often wiser than before. (Yes I know those movies inside and out)

Wolf Skullslinger
Not all Jedi go to the dark side. Only 2 of them went to the dark side and only 1 came back to light side.

And all my balance wants is the veteran outfit. Is that to hard for warlords to let her get it she will even trade hers TC to them if they can let her get that one outfit that all she wants and she might stitch that outfit hades outfit. But she will let others wizards beat her after she get that outfit so please let her get it free tc cards for warlords and tc users.

Thanks you if you listen. See you in the spiral.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Wolf Skullslinger on Mar 7, 2014 wrote:
If you refuse to use TC, you're condemning yourself to be VERY one-sided. PvP is supposed to make you think, predict, and come up with strategies to win. If you say "well I think this way is bad" when it wins, you may be sentencing yourself to being a private-sergeant forever.

Most Jedi go TO the dark side, then after returning to the light, they are often wiser than before. (Yes I know those movies inside and out)

Wolf Skullslinger
That is not true and you can win without TC cards and I think people should stop calling people noobs they might be noobs in rank pvp but not on the story quest and side quest they aren't noobs at all.

I choose to play without tc cards because I think it more fair that way sorry if you disagree with me.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
kymma shadow on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
That is not true and you can win without TC cards and I think people should stop calling people noobs they might be noobs in rank pvp but not on the story quest and side quest they aren't noobs at all.

I choose to play without tc cards because I think it more fair that way sorry if you disagree with me.
I think we could take it a step further and stop calling people noobs period.. Also I've said this before, I'll say it again, and I probably will have to say it again in the future. People will not play by your definition of fair, they will do what it takes to win. Just because they do not play by your definition does not make them noobs or unfair. There are certain things that would make things unfair.. but TC usage is not one of them as TC is available for everyone to use. You may not choose to use them but that doesn't mean people have to avoid them to be fair. While I know that this topic is about trying to implement classic into a ranked pvp division, it seems to have sunken into the old "TC or no TC debate" despite attempts to prevent it from happening.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
Post Edit, In a post just before this I made a mishap about what the topic was due to a previous topic i was on. I would ask that people disregard my comment about the topic on that post.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
kymma shadow on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
How about the warlords let Amy get the veteran outfit and she will let all warlords beat her she want try to win with that outfit that the only reason she does rank pvp. For that one outfit so can you and the others warlord let her get that outfit. She is my balance wizard.

Amy lvl 84

Jordan Talon lvl 73
I highly doubt that anyone will let you win. The reason most players pvp is to win. They are not going to take a loss simply because someone wants to get the veteran gear, (Which is not good compared to, say, the waterworks, hades, or glendemming gear) and if you allow people to beat you, that is your own decision to make. I doubt that it will affect the decisions of other players. I know that, if I ever battle you, which is unlikely, I will act like most warlords. I will use the best strategy I can come up with to make my chances of winning as high as possible.

Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
98
I used to think that, but if it was like cheating, they would be prohibited. If TC in pvp bother you, then you should TC too, its easier that way, i used not to use TC, but pvp at level 25 isnt easy without Tc so i had to use Skeletal Dragons.
Brahm NIghtShade level 28

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
Joshua Starflame on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
I think we could take it a step further and stop calling people noobs period.. Also I've said this before, I'll say it again, and I probably will have to say it again in the future. People will not play by your definition of fair, they will do what it takes to win. Just because they do not play by your definition does not make them noobs or unfair. There are certain things that would make things unfair.. but TC usage is not one of them as TC is available for everyone to use. You may not choose to use them but that doesn't mean people have to avoid them to be fair. While I know that this topic is about trying to implement classic into a ranked pvp division, it seems to have sunken into the old "TC or no TC debate" despite attempts to prevent it from happening.
Very well said.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
kymma shadow on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
How about the warlords let Amy get the veteran outfit and she will let all warlords beat her she want try to win with that outfit that the only reason she does rank pvp. For that one outfit so can you and the others warlord let her get that outfit. She is my balance wizard.

Amy lvl 84

Jordan Talon lvl 73
People aren't simply going to LET you get your veteran gear. It sounds to me that you are selfish and only want to remove tc so YOU can rank up and get your gear. Well that's too bad, if you want more tickets use your tc or do tourneys. Don't complain about it here for a simple solution to a ridiculous excuse for a "problem".

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
stormninja542 on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
People aren't simply going to LET you get your veteran gear. It sounds to me that you are selfish and only want to remove tc so YOU can rank up and get your gear. Well that's too bad, if you want more tickets use your tc or do tourneys. Don't complain about it here for a simple solution to a ridiculous excuse for a "problem".
No it not it a good trade they get my tc cards and I get the veteran outfit.

To me it a great trade off. Less you are a bully and not friendly I will make sure I don't do rank pvp with you.
I that warlords should be friendly not unfriendly.

Amy lvl 84 Wants to trade her tc cards to get the veteran outfit.

Explorer
Dec 23, 2010
52
seethe42 on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
It's not really fair to anyone. All the TC haters claim that it makes dueling too hard and "unfair". In reality TC are the most fair thing in all of pvp. Everyone of every level can use them and has the same access to them. Making a special ranked division for people who don't want to play by the game rules makes a mockery of the rankings. Why do you want fake rankings? You can't earn Warlord by the rules of the game, so change the rules to suit you?
"You can't earn Warlord by the rules of the game, so change the rules to suit you?"
I agree! 100%

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
I'm not selfish. And don't call names I think rank pvp needs to be friendly again. And if you quested with me you would no the truth and please don't call me names. I'm trying to get you a new rank pvp badge and a new outfit. Look on masterwarlords and help me get you guys a better outfit for you guys to go against high critical and better resistance.

Amy lvl 84 See you around the spiral.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
175
seethe42 on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
That defeats the entire purpose of treasure cards. If you are high enough level to learn the spell, you wouldn't be using the TC version of it. All this talk is just higher level wizards with no skill who are mad about being beaten by low level wizards who out played them.
This is incorrect.

The entire purpose of a treasure card is not if you're not high enough level. Many people buy treasure cards that they can't train the regular version. This is really why treasure cards exist.

You assume a lot of things. I've never lost to a low level on a high level wizard.

That's not the issue, at all.

The reward for level up to "x" level should be the ability to use a specific card.

Please stop your assumptions, as you're off the mark on this thread, yet again.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
kymma shadow on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
That is not true and you can win without TC cards and I think people should stop calling people noobs they might be noobs in rank pvp but not on the story quest and side quest they aren't noobs at all.

I choose to play without tc cards because I think it more fair that way sorry if you disagree with me.
Honestly, you are making it less fair..but on YOURSELF. If others use TC, then why are you not? I can't force you to use them so I'll just say its putting yourself in a worse spot by doing that. However, good luck in the future..hope you figure out your strategy.

I know that you CAN PvP without TC, my Death Warlord is and archmage and he hardly uses his TC deck at all, its filled up with cards but he barely uses it. So it is possible, it gets easier to do as you level up.

Good luck,
Wolf Skullslinger

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
ViciousVenomousVix... on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
This is incorrect.

The entire purpose of a treasure card is not if you're not high enough level. Many people buy treasure cards that they can't train the regular version. This is really why treasure cards exist.

You assume a lot of things. I've never lost to a low level on a high level wizard.

That's not the issue, at all.

The reward for level up to "x" level should be the ability to use a specific card.

Please stop your assumptions, as you're off the mark on this thread, yet again.
One of the main reasons that a player cannot train a card is because of level. Some players do use off school treasure cards, but most just use higher level treasure cards. By your argument, life would become a much worse school in, say, magus pvp. It would be entering without a DoT, without earthquake, and without any all enemy spells (Except for sometimes humongofrog, and other off-school spells) Many of the players that argue that treasure cards should be banned have lost to treasure card users, and that is the only reason that they complain. If you think about it from a warlord's perspective-This private lost to me, so now they say that I'm a cheater because I used something that they have access to if they bothered to spend the gold on it-it just sounds kind of ridiculous. What if warlords complained about privates having overpowered damage, critical, and pierce? Not everyone has access to these things, so that's more unfair than treasure cards will ever be. Without treasure cards, the only advantages warlords would have over the average private would be resistance and so called "skill." Skill can only win you so many matches. Then you start to battle people with critical you cannot block, four times your health, better spells, more cards, healing boost, and sometimes even pretty good strategies. The warlord has almost no chance at a victory, because the private has so many advantages over him/her. Ridiculous matching will never be fair, but at least warlords have a chance with treasure cards.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
kymma shadow on Mar 12, 2014 wrote:
No it not it a good trade they get my tc cards and I get the veteran outfit.

To me it a great trade off. Less you are a bully and not friendly I will make sure I don't do rank pvp with you.
I that warlords should be friendly not unfriendly.

Amy lvl 84 Wants to trade her tc cards to get the veteran outfit.
Yes, to you it is a great trade-off - it's not a fair trade for the other person, though. They're not going to make a trade that makes them lose a lot of matches for a few treasure cards. (or at least most people won't) People came to win. It's a competitive setting in the arena. Not being skilled enough to get a few tickets and get to veteran won't make them give you free victories. If people wanted to lose, then there would be no point in pvp. As for stormninja542, how is he a bully? He's stating a self-evident truth. I would certainly hope Kingsisle is not going to change the entire system just because you can't win pvp. If you want to pvp, use every advantage you have. If you don't have a strategy, look one up. Then win. It's not hard to get to veteran. I recently pvp'ed to warlord on a level 16 balance with no losses. Please don't complain about a nonexistent problem.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4118
ViciousVenomousVix... on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
This is incorrect.

The entire purpose of a treasure card is not if you're not high enough level. Many people buy treasure cards that they can't train the regular version. This is really why treasure cards exist.

You assume a lot of things. I've never lost to a low level on a high level wizard.

That's not the issue, at all.

The reward for level up to "x" level should be the ability to use a specific card.

Please stop your assumptions, as you're off the mark on this thread, yet again.
I was wrong in making one assumption. The main complaint about TC use is for high level attack spells. Using high level off-school TC is pretty rare because you need mastery amulet and school gear doesn't support it. MOST people who use TC for attacks use their own school because they have more boost and blades and traps and power pips for them. Your assumption that treasure cards exist only for using spells that can't be trained is also false. TC are a guaranteed draw, unlike the rest of your deck. They also provide different stackable boosts. Also, your own statement doesn't contradict me at all. A low level storm using a Storm Lord TC can't train it either.

Please stop your assumptions, as you are the one totally off the mark, yet again.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
There really needs to be 2 ranks pvps stands so tc don't have to fight max wizards and this tc argue meant can end.

I just want another rank pvp so non tc user can rank up. And the tc warlords want have to face higher lvl then them.

So please hear me out and put another rank pvp stand. And there more tc users then non tc users so the only people that will wait longer are the non tc users.

Don't you want to stop this TC argue meant.

Amy lvl 85 or lvl 86 now

Jordan talon lvl 76 and she hasn't use tc card at all

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
stormninja542 on Feb 23, 2014 wrote:
I've mentioned why it would break pvp even more. Previously, there has been an issue with finding ranked matches for players usually depending on their rank (and still is). Since there are way more privates in the arena than warlords, it will be much more difficult for warlords to get a match. Why do you think warlords get paired up with a lot of privates of higher levels? That's because the matching system cannot find another warlord around the same lvl. I'm not sure how to make this compromise work without it ruining something else in pvp.
I have mentioned why this new ranked pvp wouldn't work. Refer to this post if you would like a reminder.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4118
kymma shadow on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
There really needs to be 2 ranks pvps stands so tc don't have to fight max wizards and this tc argue meant can end.

I just want another rank pvp so non tc user can rank up. And the tc warlords want have to face higher lvl then them.

So please hear me out and put another rank pvp stand. And there more tc users then non tc users so the only people that will wait longer are the non tc users.

Don't you want to stop this TC argue meant.

Amy lvl 85 or lvl 86 now

Jordan talon lvl 76 and she hasn't use tc card at all
Just repeating the same thing over and over doesn't work in making a case for your side. TC are freely available to everyone. You've given no reason to separate them other than 'I wanna rank up but can't figure out how'. Read some strategy guides, learn the game, play practice matches to get better. Continually begging for KI to change the rules just for you isn't going to work.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
seethe42 on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
Just repeating the same thing over and over doesn't work in making a case for your side. TC are freely available to everyone. You've given no reason to separate them other than 'I wanna rank up but can't figure out how'. Read some strategy guides, learn the game, play practice matches to get better. Continually begging for KI to change the rules just for you isn't going to work.
I said don't you want this tc argue meant to end because I don't think you do.

And there more TC users and I willing to wait for a fair rank pvp instead of non real match.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2014
2
I personally think that you should not be able to use treasure cards unless you are A high enough level to use that treasure card in its vanilla form. For example, you can't use a stormzilla treasure card until you are level 42. This would allow the 95s that need treasure cards to continue using them but it turns lower level pvp into best-man-wins rather than pay-to-win. I have been playing this game for a long time and this game Had great PvP for a while, then pets came in, then criticals and blocks, it's truly awful now. If you want to play a competitive card game for PvP where skill really matters Try Hearthstone, Wizard101 PvP is horrid in its current state.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
40
kymma shadow on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
That is not true and you can win without TC cards and I think people should stop calling people noobs they might be noobs in rank pvp but not on the story quest and side quest they aren't noobs at all.

I choose to play without tc cards because I think it more fair that way sorry if you disagree with me.
You can win without them, but it's not fair to take them away from the lower level warlords. Also, people these days don't even remember that the word "noob" means a new, inexperienced player. Don't take it to heart. Plus, you calling us warlords "TC warlords" could seem offensive. You just assume all warlords use treasure cards to win all the time. Does it really matter what kind of cards you use?

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
WillyTheWild on Mar 17, 2014 wrote:
I personally think that you should not be able to use treasure cards unless you are A high enough level to use that treasure card in its vanilla form. For example, you can't use a stormzilla treasure card until you are level 42. This would allow the 95s that need treasure cards to continue using them but it turns lower level pvp into best-man-wins rather than pay-to-win. I have been playing this game for a long time and this game Had great PvP for a while, then pets came in, then criticals and blocks, it's truly awful now. If you want to play a competitive card game for PvP where skill really matters Try Hearthstone, Wizard101 PvP is horrid in its current state.
I agree with you a lot because you aren't trying to argue with me and I don't like using tc cards anyways.

I hope when I fight you. You don't have to use tc cards though.

I forgot what lvl my balance is so I will or might see you around the spiral or in rank pvp.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
221
using TC does not make things any easier. it is a tool, use it if you will. personally, i can't stand it when the wizard across from me heals over and over and over. but i do not call for heals to be limited or insult the other player. i do my best to learn from each match - win or lose - the whole point of this thread is about Chivalry, not TC use. There are many many many other threads about TC. Calling people names and or making judgements about them is not Chivalry. Mind your own wizards and let them mind theirs. If you are so worked up that you can't stop yourself from saying something mean, then say nothing.Stop the insults and put downs, it is not your place to judge anyone and it is far from chivalrous. If they are a warlord congratulate them, if they aren't encourage them. I am a warlord and I am encouraging you. Act with honor, stay calm, don't judge others, think about what you can do to counter that attack that bugs you so much. Don't call names. You are better than that, you represent Ravenswood, Ambrose, and all that is right and good in the spiral.

Amber Raven Song, MaxWarlord