Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Card Banning in PvP

AuthorMessage
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4116
kymma shadow on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
How much pips is the giant ice spell? I think it is 7 pips to cast that spell and the other wizard only use 2 power and 1 pip.

It was cheating on pips if I had a warlord there he or she will see the truth.
There's a little TC spell called ellucidate that lowers the pip cost by 2 that every wizard earns in a quest in celestia. You really need to stop accusing people of cheating all the time. You seem to think everything in the game is cheating if you lose.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
kymma shadow on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
How much pips is the giant ice spell? I think it is 7 pips to cast that spell and the other wizard only use 2 power and 1 pip.

It was cheating on pips if I had a warlord there he or she will see the truth.
You are right, Frost giant is 7 pips. However, there is a treasure card out there, I believe it is simplify, that reduces a single spells pip cost once by 2 pips. The person in question was not cheating, rather he was using something to assist him in casting it.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Aaron SpellThief on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
Kymma, insulting half the people on the message boards is not going to prove your point. If you gave people a good reason to agree with you, maybe they would. However, all you have done is insult others and repeat the same things over and over again. You say to remove treasure cards, that they are unfair because you can't rank up because of them. Please tell me, why are they unfair? Everyone can use them. If you don't want to use them, that's your problem. Everyone has access to treasure cards (within reason; treasure cards such as gargantuan lower levels can't use, but this just helps you...) and you have not given a single reason as to why they should be banned except that you cannot rank up because of them. I highly doubt that Kingsisle is going to change the game just so that you can win. Look up a strategy. Then win. It's that simple; you do not have to complain on the message boards just because of a part of the game that everyone can use.
Lol I never said remove tc spells.

Just don't know how to use them on a balance wizard.
I could use help with it but no others wizards care to help me

And I'm not trying to be rude when I call a warlord TC Warlord it's just a nickname.

Amy lvl 87 Now if you can help her in rank pvp please do.

And I don't want her to start over. Should I try to get hades outfit or no on Amy?

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Scarlet Nightdream... on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
To be fair, the best thing you can do in that situation is to just ignore them. I know that it takes a lot of work to ignore people, I'll freely admit that it's very taxing for me, as I have a short temper. However, keeping cool helps because you don't make as many, if any, mistakes while in a neutral mood.

Second, I'd hardly consider treasure cards show-off cards. They're there to be used, and they have been for five years. Some of them have been made into no-PvP treasure cards because there was a problem with them in PvP, but if the others haven't been removed after five years of being in game, there must be something right with them.

You keep making assumptions and generalizations about Warlords. Not all Warlords are rude and snobby and not all of them use treasure cards every match. Likewise, I can say that there are probably a good many rude people that are Commander rank and below. Bad attitudes seem to be shared equally throughout the ranks because, just like in real life, there are rude people everywhere.

Also, please don't call the people on the message boards bullies. While some remarks were personal, (in my opinion) most were not and they were just trying to defend the point of why treasure cards should be used.
I'm just nickname them TC Warlord that all I do.

If you think that wrong? I got reported last night with Amy my balance wizard in rank pvp for putting tower shields down on defending my self against another balance wizard is spamming tower shields against the rules?

Last time I checked it wasn't so can you see about that. And I never said tc noob on this post

So if you TC Warlord can help me. I would like to become one.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
kymma shadow on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
How much pips is the giant ice spell? I think it is 7 pips to cast that spell and the other wizard only use 2 power and 1 pip.

It was cheating on pips if I had a warlord there he or she will see the truth.
You are correct about frost giant being 7 pips, but it is possible to cast it for 5 pips without cheating. There is a treasure card called "elucidate" that removes 2 pips from the spell. They are hard to get, but possible to get.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
kymma shadow on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
How much pips is the giant ice spell? I think it is 7 pips to cast that spell and the other wizard only use 2 power and 1 pip.

It was cheating on pips if I had a warlord there he or she will see the truth.
Kymma,

You lack knowledge of the pvp game, it's that simple, and that is why you don't like TC.

If he used Frost Giant, which is seven pips, and it only cost this 5 pips, it is because he
used Elucidate on it to start with. No cheating as you thought, and you gave a false report,
which is kind of like cheating on it's own.

You have to know all the spells in the game, to be able to PvP at the top level.
You have to be able to guess what a wizard will do, so that you can counter it ahead
of time.
You have to be able to know what your best move is, and for that you need to
have experience, which I don't think you have.
You have to have a Balanced deck, to be able to pvp well, especially when your second.
Plus, the Fast Reshuffle is still important, you need to understand this and many, many
other things.

Your lack of knowledge is what is hurting you, imo, and this may be why you have such
anger at Warlords and TC's.

I'm sorry if this hi-jacks the thread a bit, but you need to understand this.

Champion
Feb 29, 2012
488
kymma shadow on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
I'm just nickname them TC Warlord that all I do.

If you think that wrong? I got reported last night with Amy my balance wizard in rank pvp for putting tower shields down on defending my self against another balance wizard is spamming tower shields against the rules?

Last time I checked it wasn't so can you see about that. And I never said tc noob on this post

So if you TC Warlord can help me. I would like to become one.
False reports do happen a lot. Sadly, the most you can do is hope that they get that ticked off every time they lose and lose their privilege to having a report button. (Now, if they've started cursing at you, there's a different story. A fairly short one too, most of the time, if they continue like that.) Many people will false report others in the arena, and, as I've said, the sour attitude seems to hang throughout all the ranks. Sort of like a fog. Thankfully, there are a lot of nicer players throughout all the ranks. There will be many more lights in the dark than fog to make it gloomier.

As for using treasure cards, it's fairly easy once you get the hang of it. Most of it's about timing and luck. Luck helps you draw the card you want when you need it and it doesn't take too long to get a general observation and overview so you know what spell to pick. (However, you shouldn't try to rely on luck. I've tried that. Sometimes it works. And other times I end up being about as lucky as Rincewind. ((He's a character from the Discworld novels, known for being notoriously unlucky. Quite odd, considering that he's a wizard.)))

Most high levels I've seen carry tower shield treasure cards and treasure card attacks. These attacks vary by school and I'd recommend going over to Wizard101 Central to find out which ones are the most common, but I can tell you that tower shields are almost always in peoples' side decks.

To time my treasure card use, I usually wait until the opponent has gathered a lot of pips before shielding. However, with the new Hades gear, that may not be the best strategy, so if they have that, I'd recommend throwing out a few shields and biding your time, blading up so that you can have a huge hit. Their critical is scary, but their resist, block and accuracy, for the most part, are down the tubes. There's also easy ways to counter the critical, the best being to craft the Azteca block boots and to get a wand with decent block. Put a few conviction treasure cards in your deck and bring shields and you'll be set to turtle out. (Although if you're doing that I'd also recommend Balance dispels to use up their pips for Reshuffle if they run out of cards.)

To counter Shrike a combination of stuns and accuracy debuffs leaves them with little to show for their effort.

In my opinion, stalling in high level PvP is good. If you can draw the game out and stay in a good health and pip range you can start controlling the game.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Veracity8 on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
Kymma,

You lack knowledge of the pvp game, it's that simple, and that is why you don't like TC.

If he used Frost Giant, which is seven pips, and it only cost this 5 pips, it is because he
used Elucidate on it to start with. No cheating as you thought, and you gave a false report,
which is kind of like cheating on it's own.

You have to know all the spells in the game, to be able to PvP at the top level.
You have to be able to guess what a wizard will do, so that you can counter it ahead
of time.
You have to be able to know what your best move is, and for that you need to
have experience, which I don't think you have.
You have to have a Balanced deck, to be able to pvp well, especially when your second.
Plus, the Fast Reshuffle is still important, you need to understand this and many, many
other things.

Your lack of knowledge is what is hurting you, imo, and this may be why you have such
anger at Warlords and TC's.

I'm sorry if this hi-jacks the thread a bit, but you need to understand this.
Is there a treasure card that can reduce 3 pips?

I would like to know please.

And I don't know why I made this post though.

Amy lvl 87

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
kymma shadow on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
How much pips is the giant ice spell? I think it is 7 pips to cast that spell and the other wizard only use 2 power and 1 pip.

It was cheating on pips if I had a warlord there he or she will see the truth.
Since when does a tc frost giant cost 5 pips?

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
kymma shadow on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
How much pips is the giant ice spell? I think it is 7 pips to cast that spell and the other wizard only use 2 power and 1 pip.

It was cheating on pips if I had a warlord there he or she will see the truth.
If you don't even understand how pips work then learn the game before you complain about something that's a part of the game and is available to EVERYONE. Yes, you, Kymma Shadow, can use tc too.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Thank you and I'm not doing any more false report or I might get muted or banned from the game now.

I just say GG tc warlord when I lose to them now. I hope they know I'm congrats them on there win and there badge.

Don't take it the wrong way though. I guess some warlords need to get use to that name though.

And why is my rank on here name Defender?

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
5
Well, I do not want this not to sound angry or like "ragey" or something to offend you but:
Don't you think that high ranking TC usages are overrated or put simply, unfair when you are a low level?
I think W101 should put a ban on TC usage for High Level Cards on a Low Level Wizard. I know, sounds sort of extreme but seriously. Like, they can have tower shield and such since it's the only way to block a Balance spell but the rank 7 TC usage when you're barely a level 20 is rather outrageous, right? Can't we just fight with what we have and with TCs that are within or close to our rank? Sort of frustrating finding people who fully depend on high ranking TCs. Sincerely, I have fought with High Ranking TCs but it's just not fun making someone lose when you're not even using what you actually have. And it's hard finding a strategy to match up to a heavy TC user. I mean, for an example (that has also happened to me) getting doubled rain of fire'd by a 800 something health and 900 something health person during PvP? Death is quite unavoidable. In another way, PvP itself can be quite unfair still. I know Kingsisle has tried to make it fair but ending up against Warlords are hard when you're a private. They have all these fantastic gear that we don't have.
Out of also mere curiosity, does anyone else agree with this?

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
kymma shadow on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
Is there a treasure card that can reduce 3 pips?

I would like to know please.

And I don't know why I made this post though.

Amy lvl 87
Kymma,

There is no spell that can reduce another spell by Three pips, that I know of in the game.
Elucidate can reduce a spell by two pips, Simplify can reduce a spell by one pip.
You can often pick these up at the Bazaar, as one of those horrible TC.

I really hope that you spend a lot of time in Practice PvP before you go into ranked.
Make sure you have Mana Burn and Power Nova in your cast of spells.
If you can get the LoreMaster Spell, it will be very helpful for Combos.
I would also suggest that you get the new Hades Gear when you hit level 90, it really
helps in Pvp. If you want a TC using noob to run Hades with you, I am running
it now on my storm.
If you make it to warlord, or overlord without using TC,
then I will call you the better player, and I will kneel before you in your honor.

Good luck,

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Veracity8 on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
Kymma,

There is no spell that can reduce another spell by Three pips, that I know of in the game.
Elucidate can reduce a spell by two pips, Simplify can reduce a spell by one pip.
You can often pick these up at the Bazaar, as one of those horrible TC.

I really hope that you spend a lot of time in Practice PvP before you go into ranked.
Make sure you have Mana Burn and Power Nova in your cast of spells.
If you can get the LoreMaster Spell, it will be very helpful for Combos.
I would also suggest that you get the new Hades Gear when you hit level 90, it really
helps in Pvp. If you want a TC using noob to run Hades with you, I am running
it now on my storm.
If you make it to warlord, or overlord without using TC,
then I will call you the better player, and I will kneel before you in your honor.

Good luck,
Thank you for the info. I think I made this post when I was mad though.

The last time I lost to a fire wizard was because I ran out of shields to defend against fire elf he never even got a chance to get to his one hit spell.

Amy lvl 87 I might not post anymore message on here it harder for a balance wizard in 1v1 match in rank pvp. Need to get Amy lvl up 3 more times to go over there.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
455
It seems that every time I try to make some progress in pvp, an adept or lower kills me with a treasure card (usually medusa). To actually get somewhere, should I just wait until I am a promethean so I can overpower them or should I switch to the treasure card method (which I think is unfair by the way).
Thanks
Saffron Sandsword
Master

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
I'd recommend going the TC route. While many people consider unfair, and some go as far as calling it cheating, it is an advantage available to all players that can greatly expand what you can pull off. If you stick with the normal 2 schools(one primary one secondary), you'll still have a lot of trouble in the arena. TC will allow you to go a step further and use spells from all schools, even school specific ones. Fair warning. TC are not automatic wins. Skill still is involved with knowing which ones to use, the right time to use them, and even a bit of luck in drawing the ones you need at the right time. Good luck out there!

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
455
Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
3
i agree with saffron, and propose that TCs have lvl limits on them. i am tired of being killed in turn four because some noob has a triton or medusa, despite me having over two thousand life. also, the pvp champion only gear is being worn by lvl 16 and 20 wizards, making it impossible to defeat them, even when i use TCs myself. i implore that the staff restrict the levels of certain TCs, at least in PvP, and also place a lvl limit on the PvP gear in addition to the rank requirement.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
I bet you are wrong about that tc is not always the winning card spell it just a show off spell you use to win.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
kymma shadow on Apr 1, 2014 wrote:
I bet you are wrong about that tc is not always the winning card spell it just a show off spell you use to win.
Kymma, while you are right in TC not always being the winning card. It is not just a show-off spell. TC are valid strategies that do take some skill to use and not all TC users win. Using them does not guarantee victory, it only changes the odds a bit.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
I used to think the same way as the OP.

But, after getting killed by a bunch of low-level wizards with TC, I realized that fair play wasn't going to get me anywhere~ if you can't beat them, join them. And then beat them at their own game. Fight fire with fire, so to speak.

-von
pvp vet, 1st-age sergeant

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
glowstorm13 on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
It seems that every time I try to make some progress in pvp, an adept or lower kills me with a treasure card (usually medusa). To actually get somewhere, should I just wait until I am a promethean so I can overpower them or should I switch to the treasure card method (which I think is unfair by the way).
Thanks
Saffron Sandsword
Master
TC is a part of the metagame of PvP nowadays. Its not impossible, but it is hard to get to Warlord without TC at lower levels. I would recommend just going with it. If everyone else is using the TC, then its only unfair for yourself.

Just my thoughts,
Wolf Skullslinger

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
marktron12348948 on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
i agree with saffron, and propose that TCs have lvl limits on them. i am tired of being killed in turn four because some noob has a triton or medusa, despite me having over two thousand life. also, the pvp champion only gear is being worn by lvl 16 and 20 wizards, making it impossible to defeat them, even when i use TCs myself. i implore that the staff restrict the levels of certain TCs, at least in PvP, and also place a lvl limit on the PvP gear in addition to the rank requirement.
If there were level restrictions, who says you wouldn't die anyways. They would probably still kill you if they made it to Warlord. And also, noob is offensive. Don't be mean to Warlords and maybe they wouldn't be mean to you sometimes.

Wolf Legend

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
marktron12348948 on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
i agree with saffron, and propose that TCs have lvl limits on them. i am tired of being killed in turn four because some noob has a triton or medusa, despite me having over two thousand life. also, the pvp champion only gear is being worn by lvl 16 and 20 wizards, making it impossible to defeat them, even when i use TCs myself. i implore that the staff restrict the levels of certain TCs, at least in PvP, and also place a lvl limit on the PvP gear in addition to the rank requirement.
Treasure cards require large amounts of skill to know when and how to use. Pvp gear is necessary to battle ridiculously high level opponents at low level. I disagree with both of your points. How is a level 50 warlord supposed to defeat a level 95 without treasure cards and pvp gear? The only advantage they will have is skill, and that can only get the warlord so far.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
wanted468 on Mar 2, 2014 wrote:
I know, i'm quoting a lot of comments, but I agree with a lot of them. That is cyber bullying, and it's way wrong, I hope you reported them Brooke (topic author), because in my view, those boys were cyber bullying and being sexist.

Marcus Suncrafter, level 67, and still in Celestia for some reason, lol
do you need help in Celestia now? because i will be glad to help you get out of there. and yes i agree with you now.
and i hope i will see your wizard on soon.

Amy got muted for a little

Amy lvl 88 and working up to lvl 90 maybe warlords might have trouble with lvl 100