Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Card Banning in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
8
I used to PvP a little, but then as more people joined Wizard101, more people started "cheating" and using treasure cards. Many times I've been beat by level 20 or so who just uses treasure cards like there's no tomorrow. I find it annoying that treasure cards are even allowed at all. The only "skill" in my opinion when you use treasure cards in PvP is clicking the buy button in the Bazaar. With all these people trying to get Warlord with treasure cards, I've given up on PvPing. It just isn't as fun as it used to be. As a Myth player, I don't have much to counter the treasure cards, and in cases such as PvP, minions just aren't helpful.

A fix limiting the amount of treasure cards you can use in a PvP match, the rank of card you can use in PvP, or even simply banning the use of treasure cards in PvP would be appreciated by me.

Joseph ThunderFist, level 56

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Nightblood1995 on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
I will stop you in the first sentence there because I have already explained this in one of my past posts. Every single one of my FRIENDS are Prometheans with Shadow Magic, and I know how to get around every single Shadow form because I practice fighting them all the time. So it's not OP, but then again that is my opinion as I continue to say lol.

And if you're a Warlord you should be fighting higher level and tougher opponents. What kind of a match is a Warlord vs. low level Private? A highly unbalanced one. When it came to TC I repeated said I'm on the fence about them, however when I got nothing but replies about TC and nothing else that is when I decided to remind people that this post is more than just purely TC related.

As far as the wait times go I thought I'd test it out a few days ago and timed multiple 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 matches. At my level, which is below, a 1v1 and 2v2 match wasn't too long of a wait clocking at a 5min maximum wait time. The 3v3 and 4v4 matches we had to wait 10min+ but that is to be expected when trying to pit the right teams together, in my opinion. I also studied how often I saw TC in matches and I can conclude that most of those who use TC are highly ranked, which is expected given the explanations on 'without TC we can't win'. However I rarely fought anyone above Captain, and most of my opponents didn't use TC outside of Tower Shield. Yes, I know this is my own match statistics but after about 30 matches or so of consistency I think it's safe to say that there are just as much people who don't use TC as there are that do. Quite honestly I always found PvPing near the level cap where your health and gear is fully maxed out to be easier for me, and Shadow Magic in my fights is pretty entertaining lol.

I see the problem with Warlords having less matches, however if the vast majority of Privates were given an easier option to become Warlords matches should pick up and go by faster, I would think. I think that's why there is such a long wait time as is, because we have more low ranks than high ranks. So when the system tries to put us together, it's left with guessing the level difference as well as the rank difference. Idk just a thought.

Glad someone was kind in their reply for once lol XD

Morgrim, Lvl. 86
I completely agree that I should be fighting higher level opponents. However, is it really fair for me to be battling players 45 levels higher than me? They have advantages in critical, sometimes damage, block, pierce, healing boost, spells, deck size, and access to things that lower level warlords wish that they could have. I would love to have a battle with a warlord 20 levels higher than me. It would be quite a bit fairer than the matches I currently get. As for matching, from experience, 4v4s generally take around half an hour or more to get into. 3v3s, often the same. 2v2s, maybe 10 minutes. 1v1s, maybe a few minutes. If the pvp community were split in half, match wait times would probably double, so I would be worried that people would quit because of this, and increase wait times even more. As for ranks when getting matches, I am currently ranking up my fire, and just about every battle I get paired with warlords. Every one of these uses treasure cards. Those players that use treasure cards are generally higher ranked, as they have taken the time to aquire gold to buy these treasure cards, and generally know what they are doing well enough if they have gotten that amount of gold. I have done hundreds of matches, and this is what I have generally come across. (Although at extremely high ranks, warlords stop being high enough rank to be paired with you, so you get more high level privates.)

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Oops I meant it for a new rank pvp. And I wasn't saying anything bad about tc cards.

There should be a rank pvp for non tc users. And I didn't say get rid of them.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
97
stormninja542 on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
Since there are more lower ranked people it will still make it easier for lower ranks to get a match but you obviously don't care for the higher ranks with this change you try to make. How did I change the subject, ever mention that? I'm merely saying that YOUR idea is ridiculous, but at the same time you try to change this post to why pvp should be removed from the game.
You are just flat out hilarious. No where have I posted that PvP should be removed and that KI should stick to PvE only. How did you change the subject? Like Kymma said: it's not about TC. THAT is where you changed the subject.

Keep trying you might actually make sense soon.

Morgrim, Lvl. 87

P.S.: I'm a low rank because I don't care too much for PvP, but you don't see me making a thread or saying 'Eliminate PvP all together'. x laughs x

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
97
Aaron SpellThief on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
I completely agree that I should be fighting higher level opponents. However, is it really fair for me to be battling players 45 levels higher than me? They have advantages in critical, sometimes damage, block, pierce, healing boost, spells, deck size, and access to things that lower level warlords wish that they could have. I would love to have a battle with a warlord 20 levels higher than me. It would be quite a bit fairer than the matches I currently get. As for matching, from experience, 4v4s generally take around half an hour or more to get into. 3v3s, often the same. 2v2s, maybe 10 minutes. 1v1s, maybe a few minutes. If the pvp community were split in half, match wait times would probably double, so I would be worried that people would quit because of this, and increase wait times even more. As for ranks when getting matches, I am currently ranking up my fire, and just about every battle I get paired with warlords. Every one of these uses treasure cards. Those players that use treasure cards are generally higher ranked, as they have taken the time to aquire gold to buy these treasure cards, and generally know what they are doing well enough if they have gotten that amount of gold. I have done hundreds of matches, and this is what I have generally come across. (Although at extremely high ranks, warlords stop being high enough rank to be paired with you, so you get more high level privates.)
Ah I see where you're coming from. And no it's not fair to battle people more than 10 levels above you, in my opinion. I can see where the wait times could pose a problem, since there are players that do PvP only. What if instead of implementing the system into the Ranked, they make a second Ranked podium with strictly no TC? Or make another podium called Juggernaut, where it's like a Ranked Tourney without TC?

Well now that I think about that one it could take the Tournaments podium out of commission, but then again Tourneys give a lot of tickets just for participating so it might not. Definitely something to think about at least.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 87

Champion
Feb 29, 2012
488
Joseph ThunderFist on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
I used to PvP a little, but then as more people joined Wizard101, more people started "cheating" and using treasure cards. Many times I've been beat by level 20 or so who just uses treasure cards like there's no tomorrow. I find it annoying that treasure cards are even allowed at all. The only "skill" in my opinion when you use treasure cards in PvP is clicking the buy button in the Bazaar. With all these people trying to get Warlord with treasure cards, I've given up on PvPing. It just isn't as fun as it used to be. As a Myth player, I don't have much to counter the treasure cards, and in cases such as PvP, minions just aren't helpful.

A fix limiting the amount of treasure cards you can use in a PvP match, the rank of card you can use in PvP, or even simply banning the use of treasure cards in PvP would be appreciated by me.

Joseph ThunderFist, level 56
There are ways to counter them, and, at your level, they're actually quite easy to counter.

You can use Earthquake to remove their shields and blades, forcing them to choose to attack, shield or blade and you can start saving up for a big hit. Repeating this process is nice, but remember to bring low-pip Myth spells, as they might start wising up and using dispels.

If you leveled up twice you could get Medusa, which brings in a huge double-whammy. Quite a bit of damage paired with the double round stun hurts. This along with another big attack back to back will often take a lot of people out.

In general, if you keep your calm and wits about you and use your brain to tell you when you should shield/blade/attack/heal/etc. then you should be good. You might not even have to use treasure cards, although if you're struggling, using treasure cards will give you a leg up. Nobody says that you can't use them and you're only limiting yourself by not using them. Trust me, using treasure cards is not dishonorable if you know how to minimize using them.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Nightblood1995 on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
Ah I see where you're coming from. And no it's not fair to battle people more than 10 levels above you, in my opinion. I can see where the wait times could pose a problem, since there are players that do PvP only. What if instead of implementing the system into the Ranked, they make a second Ranked podium with strictly no TC? Or make another podium called Juggernaut, where it's like a Ranked Tourney without TC?

Well now that I think about that one it could take the Tournaments podium out of commission, but then again Tourneys give a lot of tickets just for participating so it might not. Definitely something to think about at least.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 87
To be honest, making a second ranked podium was what I thought that you meant from the start. As for other posts of yours, treasure cards are the main reason people want a new ranked pvp. Honestly, the saying "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade" goes well with this. If you know your opponent is going to use treasure cards, be prepared. Shield, and carry triages. I would guess that not a single person on the leaderboards does not use treasure cards. If this is true, (And even if it is not true, the majority certainly do) this gives the player all the more reason to carry treasure cards.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
Nightblood1995 on Feb 16, 2014 wrote:
You are like all the others, trying to twist words. Read what I posted on here about Lvl. 1-10 being matched together, then 11-20, 21-30, etc. You are so blind here it's hilarious. Because I'm not trying to remove TC, I'm trying to think of a compromise between the PvPers like you and PvPers like me. Now if you want me to get into a debate about removing TC I'll gladly create a thread for you. You're single-minded, try looking at it from other's points of view for once besides your own.

The real problem in PvP is PvP itself thank you. PvP alone has ruined wonderful ideas Kingsisle originally implemented into the game, but now those ideas have been wasted because 'You and other's efforts' to defend nothing but PvP have essentially started to ruin certain aspects of the game.

Simplify/Elucidate: Sun enchants that reduced the number of pips required to cast a spell. Due to PvP complaints these spells have been removed and only the TC forms are available (which are only rare drops in Celestia, aside from one individual quest that gives 2 as a reward)

2 Power Pip Wands: Wands that gave 2 power pips instead of 1 at the beginning of a battle. Due to PvP complaints these wonderful wands that would of made many bosses players now complain as 'hard' easier are now removed from the game.

Hope you're happy. Guess this game is entirely PvP oriented.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 85
Here you talk about pvp ruining the game. I know what the subject is about "make a new rank for pvp non tc user." If you would actually stop to look at what I'm saying you'd know that this whole time I've been trying to say that this new rank for non tc user isn't necessary and in fact it would ruin pvp anymore. You probably wouldn't know why because you weren't reading my posts.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Joseph ThunderFist on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
I used to PvP a little, but then as more people joined Wizard101, more people started "cheating" and using treasure cards. Many times I've been beat by level 20 or so who just uses treasure cards like there's no tomorrow. I find it annoying that treasure cards are even allowed at all. The only "skill" in my opinion when you use treasure cards in PvP is clicking the buy button in the Bazaar. With all these people trying to get Warlord with treasure cards, I've given up on PvPing. It just isn't as fun as it used to be. As a Myth player, I don't have much to counter the treasure cards, and in cases such as PvP, minions just aren't helpful.

A fix limiting the amount of treasure cards you can use in a PvP match, the rank of card you can use in PvP, or even simply banning the use of treasure cards in PvP would be appreciated by me.

Joseph ThunderFist, level 56
Do you not find it unfair at all that level 20s are getting paired with you? You have access to the exact same treasure cards that they do, along with more normal spells. Treasure cards are all about skill: Which you use, how you use them, when you use them. Banning treasure cards would make many players that pay a lot of money for the game angry. Angry players quit the game, which loses Kingsisle money, which Kingsisle does not want. Also, how can you say that you have no counters for treasure cards? Counters for them are everywhere. Shields, dispels, weaknesses, infections, and minions. For an experienced player, minions are extremely helpful. They shield you, heal you, remove shields, blade you, trap, and do damage. Please do not speak of taking away parts of the game that players need to combat ridiculously unfair matching.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
I mean seriously people tc is NOT CHEATING. How can lower level warlords vs people 20+ levels above them and beat them without tc. A lvl 10 ice will just kill a lvl 30 with an onslaught of evil snowmen before he heals, like that would happen. Please people, understand this from others' perspective. Some complain about their opponent using tc when they can use them themselves. Others complain about vs wizards double their lvl. Removing tc from pvp will cause the lower level wizard in a match to lose almost every time they vs a higher lvl wizard. Even creating a new pvp pedestal for non tc users with no tc allowed will still create problems in pvp. It's a pretty simple thing to be added into pvp but KI has not added it because they probably know it will create more problems in pvp. It will make it MUCH harder for people to find a match. It will take me up to a half hour or more sometimes to find a match on my ice, but with a new pvp pedestal for non tc users will make it a lot harder. Please, understand that tc is not the problem in pvp. Use tc if you feel it's cheating for your opponent to use it.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
Joseph ThunderFist on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
I used to PvP a little, but then as more people joined Wizard101, more people started "cheating" and using treasure cards. Many times I've been beat by level 20 or so who just uses treasure cards like there's no tomorrow. I find it annoying that treasure cards are even allowed at all. The only "skill" in my opinion when you use treasure cards in PvP is clicking the buy button in the Bazaar. With all these people trying to get Warlord with treasure cards, I've given up on PvPing. It just isn't as fun as it used to be. As a Myth player, I don't have much to counter the treasure cards, and in cases such as PvP, minions just aren't helpful.

A fix limiting the amount of treasure cards you can use in a PvP match, the rank of card you can use in PvP, or even simply banning the use of treasure cards in PvP would be appreciated by me.

Joseph ThunderFist, level 56
There is actually no cheating when one uses treasure cards. They are an advantage for all to use... which is also why KI will not ban them. As for limitations on them, there already is one, the limit on your sidedeck which is normally about a 3rd of your regular deck. This presents a very obvious issue for TC users as they're more likely to run out of cards than you are. The high rank card argument I can easily state that you should have next to no difficulty dealing with the wizards if they're as low a level as you state. It takes time for them to build up the pips and during that time you can waylay them with a ton of spells. That or you can prep for an oncoming attack with shields and blades. Despite all beliefs, TC do require some skill and luck as you never know which one you'll pull from the deck, you'll never know when's the right time to use it, and you'll never know if it actually is going to be successful or fizzle. If you're having difficulties dealing with them, my one piece of advice that I constantly give is use them yourself. Players will not play by your definition of fair and will do whatever it takes to win. Any actual cheats or exploits are found and patched as soon as possible by KI, with our most recent example being the rank exploit a few months back. Hope this helps, and have a good day.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
FinnAgainWindrider on Feb 15, 2014 wrote:
Well, if you put a low level up on the same team as a high level, then that would be puppeting, and is very much frowned on.

Anyway, I still invite you to consider approaching this TC issue as a student of the game. Rather than just getting angry when people do things you don't expect them to do, try learning from the matches you are in. Rather than trying to "buck the system," try to learn how to work the system.

It makes the whole experience much less stressful, much more fun, and much more rewarding. It changed me from a losing Private to a winning Warlord.
I'm not going to be a tc warlord.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Is it puppetting if they are 20 lvl under me? Or 30?

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
kymma shadow on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
Is it puppetting if they are 20 lvl under me? Or 30?
No. That is the matching system going nuts again. Depending on your rank and level and their rank and level, you will either get opponents much under your level but a lot higher rank, or opponents higher than your level and lower than your rank. These are opponents the system believes you have a fair shot at beating although this is rarely the case when it comes to higher levels.

Champion
Feb 29, 2012
488
kymma shadow on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
Is it puppetting if they are 20 lvl under me? Or 30?
I'd consider puppeting a team with a 20 or more level difference.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
97
Aaron SpellThief on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
To be honest, making a second ranked podium was what I thought that you meant from the start. As for other posts of yours, treasure cards are the main reason people want a new ranked pvp. Honestly, the saying "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade" goes well with this. If you know your opponent is going to use treasure cards, be prepared. Shield, and carry triages. I would guess that not a single person on the leaderboards does not use treasure cards. If this is true, (And even if it is not true, the majority certainly do) this gives the player all the more reason to carry treasure cards.
Lol I carry TC all the time too, 99% of them healing ones. I have no quarrels with TC in PvP, however I do see why others want a system where they can choose a match with or without it. When I first tried PvPing it was rough because I was always against someone with TC and I was still learning the ropes, so my rank plummeted pretty bad and I ended up remaking that character from scratch because I was so embarrassed. I don't want TC removed from PvP, I just want to find a compromise between both the TC users and those who don't want to face TC.

Lol but ya I'm thinking maybe another podium, instead of just adding the option into the Ranked podium, should do nicely. Idk how that would affect wait times, since I don't know how many players use and don't use TC, but it sounds better than splitting the Ranked system in half.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 88

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
97
stormninja542 on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
I mean seriously people tc is NOT CHEATING. How can lower level warlords vs people 20+ levels above them and beat them without tc. A lvl 10 ice will just kill a lvl 30 with an onslaught of evil snowmen before he heals, like that would happen. Please people, understand this from others' perspective. Some complain about their opponent using tc when they can use them themselves. Others complain about vs wizards double their lvl. Removing tc from pvp will cause the lower level wizard in a match to lose almost every time they vs a higher lvl wizard. Even creating a new pvp pedestal for non tc users with no tc allowed will still create problems in pvp. It's a pretty simple thing to be added into pvp but KI has not added it because they probably know it will create more problems in pvp. It will make it MUCH harder for people to find a match. It will take me up to a half hour or more sometimes to find a match on my ice, but with a new pvp pedestal for non tc users will make it a lot harder. Please, understand that tc is not the problem in pvp. Use tc if you feel it's cheating for your opponent to use it.
I shall answer 2 of your posts at once. Yes, I quit reading most of your posts because you are just looking at one side of the coin. Aaron and I both have stated the matching system should be fixed so that level comes first and rank second. Why? Because of gear and base stats. A Promethean, like everyone else here has stated, has much higher base stats than a Legendary wizard. I would say go level up your wizard so you can face higher levels but as Aaron also kindly pointed out to me there are people who play only for PvP, so fixing the matching system would pit a, say, Archmage Captain against another Archmage wizard regardless of Rank thus giving a fair fight since both parties have the same base level stats. Granted, each school has different base stats, but you get my point.

We don't know why KI hasn't added an option into Ranked to snuff out the TC complaints so I wouldn't say they haven't done it because they know it will be problematic. Like all smart Game Designers, they're probably waiting to see how the general population thinks about it before they make their desisions. And like I just said to Aaron: we don't know how many people do and don't use TC so right now you're just guessing about a second podium increasing wait times. If the TC user podium has a longer wait time, then it shows that there are more PvPers who don't like TC then there are the do. Who know? Maybe the non-TC podium could be used to get new PvPers accustomed to the PvP world and the TC podium could be used for more hardcore PvPers. Take a step back and look at it from all angles, not just how it affects one thing. It might affect your match times, but it also might shorten other's as well.

So a recap incase you missed anything: I suggested fixing the matching system, we don't know if a second podium would increase wait times (you're just hypothesizing), and I don't recall ever saying or reading about TC being a cheating tactic (confused by this one). So there you have it.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 88

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
stormninja542 on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
Ha! You really think you were clever enough to get away with false reporting just because they can't report you back. KI checks the chat after there was a report to see if the report is legit or false. Some people say warlords are the poison of the arena but people like you making false reports and threatening people in the arena are the poison of pvp.
No your wrong about that I play fair warlord play unfair. A lot of player are leafing because of tc warlords not me. And a lvl 60 death fire ice and storm myth life could beat a lvl 80 balance wizard easy without tc cards.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
stormninja542 on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
I mean seriously people tc is NOT CHEATING. How can lower level warlords vs people 20+ levels above them and beat them without tc. A lvl 10 ice will just kill a lvl 30 with an onslaught of evil snowmen before he heals, like that would happen. Please people, understand this from others' perspective. Some complain about their opponent using tc when they can use them themselves. Others complain about vs wizards double their lvl. Removing tc from pvp will cause the lower level wizard in a match to lose almost every time they vs a higher lvl wizard. Even creating a new pvp pedestal for non tc users with no tc allowed will still create problems in pvp. It's a pretty simple thing to be added into pvp but KI has not added it because they probably know it will create more problems in pvp. It will make it MUCH harder for people to find a match. It will take me up to a half hour or more sometimes to find a match on my ice, but with a new pvp pedestal for non tc users will make it a lot harder. Please, understand that tc is not the problem in pvp. Use tc if you feel it's cheating for your opponent to use it.
Why would that ruin rank pvp the warlords will be fighting each outher and not higher lvl privates.

And us non tc user will be fighting each outher instead of fight warlords. And all warlords and private would not call each other noobs or tc warlords.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
kymma shadow on Feb 23, 2014 wrote:
No your wrong about that I play fair warlord play unfair. A lot of player are leafing because of tc warlords not me. And a lvl 60 death fire ice and storm myth life could beat a lvl 80 balance wizard easy without tc cards.
It all depends on what strategies people use. Just factoring in levels, schools, and tc usage does not guarantee instant wins. Strategies factor in tremendously as well as a certain amount of luck. Yes luck is involved in PVP not just skill. Luck decides who goes first, luck decides if your spell will or will not fizzle. heck luck even decides the criticals. Many people do not play by your definition of fair and you are dealing with absolutes yet again by stating warlords play unfairly. Your definition of fair is no TC. I can see this. Yet there are warlords who choose to use TC and some who choose not to use it.

Now a bit of advice for making arguments. Do not deal in absolutes ever. Absolutes are saying it's only one way or the other and 9 times out of 10 this is not true. Qualify your statement with terms like "most, many, few, little" to avoid this and you can present much better arguments.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
kymma shadow on Feb 23, 2014 wrote:
Why would that ruin rank pvp the warlords will be fighting each outher and not higher lvl privates.

And us non tc user will be fighting each outher instead of fight warlords. And all warlords and private would not call each other noobs or tc warlords.
Yeaaaaaah people will still call eachother noobs. It's an insult almost everyone tends to use. You are right though, presenting the classic option will stop all the TC complaints as people can choose between the 2 options. But it will only be TC related insults that stop. All others will continue going.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
kymma shadow on Feb 23, 2014 wrote:
No your wrong about that I play fair warlord play unfair. A lot of player are leafing because of tc warlords not me. And a lvl 60 death fire ice and storm myth life could beat a lvl 80 balance wizard easy without tc cards.
What are you talking about? I'm saying that you made a false report and you can't easily get away with it. I have no idea how tc and "fairness" came out of this.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
Nightblood1995 on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
I shall answer 2 of your posts at once. Yes, I quit reading most of your posts because you are just looking at one side of the coin. Aaron and I both have stated the matching system should be fixed so that level comes first and rank second. Why? Because of gear and base stats. A Promethean, like everyone else here has stated, has much higher base stats than a Legendary wizard. I would say go level up your wizard so you can face higher levels but as Aaron also kindly pointed out to me there are people who play only for PvP, so fixing the matching system would pit a, say, Archmage Captain against another Archmage wizard regardless of Rank thus giving a fair fight since both parties have the same base level stats. Granted, each school has different base stats, but you get my point.

We don't know why KI hasn't added an option into Ranked to snuff out the TC complaints so I wouldn't say they haven't done it because they know it will be problematic. Like all smart Game Designers, they're probably waiting to see how the general population thinks about it before they make their desisions. And like I just said to Aaron: we don't know how many people do and don't use TC so right now you're just guessing about a second podium increasing wait times. If the TC user podium has a longer wait time, then it shows that there are more PvPers who don't like TC then there are the do. Who know? Maybe the non-TC podium could be used to get new PvPers accustomed to the PvP world and the TC podium could be used for more hardcore PvPers. Take a step back and look at it from all angles, not just how it affects one thing. It might affect your match times, but it also might shorten other's as well.

So a recap incase you missed anything: I suggested fixing the matching system, we don't know if a second podium would increase wait times (you're just hypothesizing), and I don't recall ever saying or reading about TC being a cheating tactic (confused by this one). So there you have it.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 88
OK fair enough, but all I am saying is that any of those out there who wants to ban tc or put limits on it or ANY ridiculous ideas for tc need to stop. Sometimes when I post, it's not referred to just one specific person (like you) but to others.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
kymma shadow on Feb 23, 2014 wrote:
Why would that ruin rank pvp the warlords will be fighting each outher and not higher lvl privates.

And us non tc user will be fighting each outher instead of fight warlords. And all warlords and private would not call each other noobs or tc warlords.
I've mentioned why it would break pvp even more. Previously, there has been an issue with finding ranked matches for players usually depending on their rank (and still is). Since there are way more privates in the arena than warlords, it will be much more difficult for warlords to get a match. Why do you think warlords get paired up with a lot of privates of higher levels? That's because the matching system cannot find another warlord around the same lvl. I'm not sure how to make this compromise work without it ruining something else in pvp.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
kymma shadow on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
Please do this so us non tc user can get ranked up on ranked pvp.

If you can't please gives the waterworks gear resistance to 34 resistance.
You realize that 34 resistance is how much WW gear gave Ice right? I just want to point that out Ice was super underpowered in the age of WW gear.