Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Card Banning in PvP

AuthorMessage
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4116
AutumnJ23 on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
I actually agree, the winner of a player vs player match is for the better wizard to win, the wizard with more skill, not the wizard that is best at buying treasure cards.
Anyone can use TC, they are freely available to all. Using them or not says nothing about the skill of an opponent. How they use them does. TC aren't like crown gear, you can't blame it on only the rich kids get it. Everyone has exactly the same access to TC regardless of how much money they spend. If you were beaten by someone who used TC, guess what? They won by skill, luck or your lack of skill... in other words the better wizard did win.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2012
11
Yeah, on my level 10 fire wiz, I am using normal spells, no cheats, no tc, no nothing but my fire spells. so. here is wt happens. people spam: Rank 7,8, or 9 spells at me, and I cannot get close to warlord because of these tc people I wish only level 10 people could only use rank 3 or 4 spells only until they get to the rank 5 and 6 ones.

Survivor
May 26, 2012
33
I completely agree with you, and I think that you shouldn't be able to use treasure cards in pvp because people can just buy the highest level spells in the game and beat you up so bad with lots of buffs. It also just ruins your fun! you worked so hard to win at the pvp with your own cards and are actually nice enough not to use tc, but they are rude, and even if it is allowed it shouldn't be

And threatening to post something about you on Facebook? Just plain cyberbullying! And without your permission (not that anyone would accept anyway, still)! You should report anyone who cyberbullies you, and ignore them.
Another idea is to ask around the commons on a busy server (or realm) who has a personal arena that you can use. That way you can play with your friends without anyone being mean.
I myself am very bad at pvp. I lose to people 10 levels under me

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
94
Girls can't pvp? Ha! That is laughable at best, flat out mean at worst. I have been beaten by so many girls in pvp I have lost count .

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4116
Brooke Emeraldshar... on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
I like to PVP, but when I went into a match with some friends the people against us used high level treasure cards and crushed us. They then bragged about it and said girls can't PVP. They also said they were going to post something on facebook about beating us. Anything you can do about people using high level TC in PVP?

- Brooke Emeraldshard
Level 40,
Instead of complaining about other people using them, USE them. You have just as much access to them as anyone else.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
I agree it's unfair i just want tc cards to lose 500 damage points

I'm a balance wizard

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
seethe42 on Jan 27, 2014 wrote:
Instead of complaining about other people using them, USE them. You have just as much access to them as anyone else.
Exactly.. In the arena, people aren't going to avoid TC to be honorable, they are going to use any advantage they can gain to win. What can you do about it? Simple! Use the same advantage they have, namely TC. It's not always going to be a guaranteed win but you will even the odds if you do so. The only time KI has banned certain TC is when it is that overpowered. In fact I can actually only think of one time they have done this. Otherwise they do not nerf, nor will they ban something everyone has access to. The one thing they would possibly do is add a classic pvp mode outside of tournaments but that's all I think they would do.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Only the tc card user should do there rank pvp outside and let us non user inside so we can be happy

If they can't I hope all tc user lose 4,000 damage point to make it fair in rank pvp

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Brooke Emeraldshar... on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
I like to PVP, but when I went into a match with some friends the people against us used high level treasure cards and crushed us. They then bragged about it and said girls can't PVP. They also said they were going to post something on facebook about beating us. Anything you can do about people using high level TC in PVP?

- Brooke Emeraldshard
Level 40,
Treasure cards are essential to those of us who are lower level warlords. I battle max level players at level 50, and could not hope to match their damage without treasure cards. They are just as legit of a strategy as not using them. Treasure cards are not an automatic win; they require skill and timing to use effectively. If you are losing to treasure cards, I suggest searching on duelist101 for a pvp guide or creating a counter yourself.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Aaron SpellThief on Jan 30, 2014 wrote:
Treasure cards are essential to those of us who are lower level warlords. I battle max level players at level 50, and could not hope to match their damage without treasure cards. They are just as legit of a strategy as not using them. Treasure cards are not an automatic win; they require skill and timing to use effectively. If you are losing to treasure cards, I suggest searching on duelist101 for a pvp guide or creating a counter yourself.
If you use tc cards you are not a warlord at all. You are just a fake warlord and if king isle doesn't reduce the tc cards to 4,000 damage points then I'm going to buy all the high tc cards and delete them.

Explorer
Dec 23, 2010
52
Brooke Emeraldshar... on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
I like to PVP, but when I went into a match with some friends the people against us used high level treasure cards and crushed us. They then bragged about it and said girls can't PVP. They also said they were going to post something on facebook about beating us. Anything you can do about people using high level TC in PVP?

- Brooke Emeraldshard
Level 40,
In pvp, especially ranked, you will continue to see high level Tc's all the time. It's very common. It's something one has to learn to deal with, or create a strategy to counter it. I don't use high level damage Tc's, but I use Tc's such as Infallible and Balefrost, which is essential to my strategy, however they are above my level. What you are suggesting will not allow me to use those power boosting Tc's, which I strongly disagree against.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
King isle needs to make a rank pvp place for non tc user.

Or the should give us non tc user a resistance up to 2,000 or 4,000 to everything.

So we can do a fair dual. Please do something so us non tc user can rank up on pvp.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
kymma shadow on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
If you use tc cards you are not a warlord at all. You are just a fake warlord and if king isle doesn't reduce the tc cards to 4,000 damage points then I'm going to buy all the high tc cards and delete them.
Fake warlord? Really? I would like to see you try to get to 2358 rating and beat prometheans. It's not easy. Treasure cards are the only thing that makes it possible. If you are losing to players that use treasure cards, use them yourself. From your posts, I would guess that you battle many low level warlords that use tc. You have many advantages over these players. Use them, and you will win. Don't, and you will lose. Kingsisle is not going to change the pvp system just because people don't like losing in a fair match. You have access to exactly the same cards these players do, and more, because you're higher level. Counter your opponent's strategy. Prepare a combo or one hit kill. Win. If you choose not to do this, then that is not Kingsisle's fault, or any other player's. Just your own.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
3
seriously there shouldn't be allowed treasure cars with lever 10s who are captains because all they use is treasure card!

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Aaron SpellThief on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
Fake warlord? Really? I would like to see you try to get to 2358 rating and beat prometheans. It's not easy. Treasure cards are the only thing that makes it possible. If you are losing to players that use treasure cards, use them yourself. From your posts, I would guess that you battle many low level warlords that use tc. You have many advantages over these players. Use them, and you will win. Don't, and you will lose. Kingsisle is not going to change the pvp system just because people don't like losing in a fair match. You have access to exactly the same cards these players do, and more, because you're higher level. Counter your opponent's strategy. Prepare a combo or one hit kill. Win. If you choose not to do this, then that is not Kingsisle's fault, or any other player's. Just your own.
This is my death wizard name on the message board.

My balance wizard her name is Amy and having a problem with tc warlords.
So I'm going to buy all tc cards with her and see how those tc cards warlords can win without those tc cards.

Wants my balance wizard as max of gold she going to buy all tc cards from the bazaar.

Not even low lvl balance wizard will get any high lvl tc cards.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Please give us non tc user a outfit to defend against high lvl tc cards.

Or make another rank pvp for only non tc card user. If you can't do that you should only give tc card user 10
Arena tickets or give us non tc user 14 tickets when we lose to a tc card user.

My balance wizard her name is Amy and she just wants a fair dual she lvl 79 almost 80.

Please make rank pvp fun for non tc users.

The name on the message board is my death

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
Ok I'm going to say this once more as people don't like listening to it. Treasure Cards are a mechanic of the game for all to use. My advice is actually use them instead of complaining for them to be nerfed or altogether banned. If you choose not to take advantage of them, that's no one's issue but your own. Using TC does not make one automatically win and while in some cases it is overkill, usually TC balances the odds for wizards who would normally lose almost instantly. Before you say that if they don't have skill they don't belong in the arena, It takes skill to know when to use TC and it also takes skill to know which ones to stock. TC don't always cover all situations and in fact they can somewhat be detrimental to one's strategy if they lose all their TC in a battle and have nothing else to go on. Going off of the "honorable" argument I see every so often, people in the arena are not going to refrain from something that others consider "dishonorable" if they can win using it. So many things are considered dishonorable today in the arena that, as another wizard quoted, "if KI listened to everything that was asked to be nerfed/banned, we'd only be able to use wands in the arena." Now are TC overpowered? Some are.. but that's because they are one use. Should some be banned? To be fairly honest, some already have been banned. However complaining constantly about TC will usually do nothing as, I have stated earlier, TC is an advantage for all to share in. Just because you don't use it doesn't mean others will refrain from it.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Joshua Starflame on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
Ok I'm going to say this once more as people don't like listening to it. Treasure Cards are a mechanic of the game for all to use. My advice is actually use them instead of complaining for them to be nerfed or altogether banned. If you choose not to take advantage of them, that's no one's issue but your own. Using TC does not make one automatically win and while in some cases it is overkill, usually TC balances the odds for wizards who would normally lose almost instantly. Before you say that if they don't have skill they don't belong in the arena, It takes skill to know when to use TC and it also takes skill to know which ones to stock. TC don't always cover all situations and in fact they can somewhat be detrimental to one's strategy if they lose all their TC in a battle and have nothing else to go on. Going off of the "honorable" argument I see every so often, people in the arena are not going to refrain from something that others consider "dishonorable" if they can win using it. So many things are considered dishonorable today in the arena that, as another wizard quoted, "if KI listened to everything that was asked to be nerfed/banned, we'd only be able to use wands in the arena." Now are TC overpowered? Some are.. but that's because they are one use. Should some be banned? To be fairly honest, some already have been banned. However complaining constantly about TC will usually do nothing as, I have stated earlier, TC is an advantage for all to share in. Just because you don't use it doesn't mean others will refrain from it.
Do you think it fair for a lvl 1 tc warlord to win with overpowering tc cards.

I did report him with Amy my Wizard

It might be rude of me but before he could report me for false reporting I already switch wizards.

And I think tc cards shouldn't hit over a thousand damage without a blade

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
kymma shadow on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
This is my death wizard name on the message board.

My balance wizard her name is Amy and having a problem with tc warlords.
So I'm going to buy all tc cards with her and see how those tc cards warlords can win without those tc cards.

Wants my balance wizard as max of gold she going to buy all tc cards from the bazaar.

Not even low lvl balance wizard will get any high lvl tc cards.
You do realize that any time someone sells a treasure card to the bazaar, it is possible to be bought, do you not? Buying all of the treasure cards in the bazaar, if you had space for them in your inventory, which you wouldn't, would just be a temporary setback. Within an hour, at most, the bazaar would most likely be completely stocked up on treasure cards. Using treasure cards does not make a player dishonorable. Does it make a player dishonorable to use the best gear available to them? Or the best pet? Treasure cards are the same way. They are just a way of making the odds more in your favor, by having more powerful cards, making important cards easier to find, or using spells that your school or your level cannot get. There never was, and never will be, anything unfair about treasure cards as long as all players have access to them.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
kymma shadow on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
Do you think it fair for a lvl 1 tc warlord to win with overpowering tc cards.

I did report him with Amy my Wizard

It might be rude of me but before he could report me for false reporting I already switch wizards.

And I think tc cards shouldn't hit over a thousand damage without a blade
First off, your report was invalid and really unsportsmanlike. As for fairness I already stated this but might as well state this again. Your opponents will not play by your definition of fair! They will do whatever it takes to win. As for the low level TC warlord. Think about this, he is low level and the TC he is using to win either are low pip and shouldn't deal much damage (without gear damage boosts) or while he saves up pips or attempts to buff up, you should be able to smash him for quite a bit of damage and win easily. TC are not an instant win and only serve as an odds-evener. Also stated previously: TC are one-use FOR A REASON! Their higher damage(which might hit over 1000) and the ability that some school spells are made as TC serve as the reason they are one use. That leads to another way they could fail in battle, running out of TC to use and that also shows that TC reliance could be detrimental. Gear boosts are something you apparently don't take into consideration as well because with his gear boost (not sure how well warlord gear boosts strength) he could probably hit over 1000. Final point and really just a reiteration of what I've been saying: You have the ability to turn their advantage against them and also use TC, for low-level TC users it takes them time to raise up pips/buff themselves up, time enough for you to use your spells on them to win. If you give them that time, that's your own fault.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Joshua Starflame on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
First off, your report was invalid and really unsportsmanlike. As for fairness I already stated this but might as well state this again. Your opponents will not play by your definition of fair! They will do whatever it takes to win. As for the low level TC warlord. Think about this, he is low level and the TC he is using to win either are low pip and shouldn't deal much damage (without gear damage boosts) or while he saves up pips or attempts to buff up, you should be able to smash him for quite a bit of damage and win easily. TC are not an instant win and only serve as an odds-evener. Also stated previously: TC are one-use FOR A REASON! Their higher damage(which might hit over 1000) and the ability that some school spells are made as TC serve as the reason they are one use. That leads to another way they could fail in battle, running out of TC to use and that also shows that TC reliance could be detrimental. Gear boosts are something you apparently don't take into consideration as well because with his gear boost (not sure how well warlord gear boosts strength) he could probably hit over 1000. Final point and really just a reiteration of what I've been saying: You have the ability to turn their advantage against them and also use TC, for low-level TC users it takes them time to raise up pips/buff themselves up, time enough for you to use your spells on them to win. If you give them that time, that's your own fault.
I think it was a fair trade off. He uses a overpowering tc card I do the reports.

Less you want to trade tc tower shields to Amy so she can go up in rank pvp.

I thinks I out smarted tc warlords and it funny to me.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Please do this so us non tc user can get ranked up on ranked pvp.

If you can't please gives the waterworks gear resistance to 34 resistance.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
kymma shadow on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
I think it was a fair trade off. He uses a overpowering tc card I do the reports.

Less you want to trade tc tower shields to Amy so she can go up in rank pvp.

I thinks I out smarted tc warlords and it funny to me.
Using tc is an invalid reason for reports and tower shield TC are fairly easy to come by. You didn't outsmart him, you only made things worse for yourself as invalid reports count against you, not against the player you reported. Furthermore, reports will only cause the chatlogs to be checked. Meaning even if it was a valid reason to report, which it wasn't, nothing would have happened unless it was a glitch or exploit that was known by KI at the time. TC are neither of them.. Now back to what I was saying as you've ignored this TWICE now. You may not like TC and you have every right not to, however they are a valid strategy for everyone to use, including yourself. You may not find it fair and that's perfectly fine. BUT, others will not play by your definition of fairness nor are they entitled to. So long as it's not against the rules of the game, and TC aren't against them despite how much you obviously want them to be, it will be allowed in the arena. That said there have been cases of rulebreaking, the most recent one being the exploit that allowed losers to keep their ranks while the winners lost theirs and these exploits are fixed as soon as possible. There has also been a case of a treasure card being banned, I believe it was insane bolt, which shows that KI knows when there's an overpowering card. The fact that they haven't banned any others means that there's no other TCs that can be as powerful as insane bolt's tc was. I implore you to actually READ the other part of my argument instead of just reading the report part and ignoring the rest. Thank you and have a nice day.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
This actually brings up something that you could petition KI about as you seem to dislike usage of tc in pvp. You remember the classic tournament mode that KI introduced recently right? One way your request could be interpreted would be to bring the classic mode into another division of ranked pvp. This would allow a compromise between the 2 warring factions of pvp, those that use TC and those that don't. Sound good?

Champion
Feb 29, 2012
488
kymma shadow on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
I think it was a fair trade off. He uses a overpowering tc card I do the reports.

Less you want to trade tc tower shields to Amy so she can go up in rank pvp.

I thinks I out smarted tc warlords and it funny to me.
What you did was against the rules though. You can't false report someone for that reason, no matter how angry you are.

I can say, as both a low-level Warlord and mid-level Veteran (Level 47) that treasure cards had to be used if I wanted to beat the higher level opponents. Both times I had a worse-than average pet, one of those characters didn't use crowns gear. Without treasure cards on my low level I would have no chance at beating people twenty to thirty levels higher than me. (Heck, at one point I faced a really low ranked Grandmaster.) Without treasure cards I wouldn't have won those matches. (And I don't use very high rank treasure cards, Krakens and Storm Sharks are what I normally use. The first time I ever used a rank seven spell was in the fight with the Grandmaster, which I think was fair. If he had his rank seven spell, I figure that I should be able to use spells up to that rank.) The Grandmaster could have easily killed me, but with luck and a bit of good timing I managed to pull through and beat him.

As for my level 47, is it fair for me to go up against people who have critical and their rank 8+ spells while the highest spell that would be 'fair' for me would be Frost Giant treasure cards? No, not really, but treasure cards, once again, evened the match and gave me a leg up.

As someone else has mentioned too, with the great power that they can unleash, also comes a great pip cost. If they don't kill you and you heal off the damage, they have to start over again. If you shield while their pips are high sometimes they attack through the shield. There are ways to counter these treasure cards, you just have to find them. And besides that, these treasure cards are rather expensive. You can't pull the gold to buy them out of thin air.