Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Card Banning in PvP

AuthorMessage
Squire
Feb 29, 2012
If you can't beat them, join them.

As a lot of people have already pointed out, treasure cards are needed for low level PvP. (And heck, I'm not even using rank seven or eight spells, a few Krakens will do.) Me and my partner often get matched up with people twice to four times our level. Without treasure cards, we wouldn't win any matches. If the other side can use treasure cards, so can you.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
sparkypingpong on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
They need to be banned, anyone who uses them have no skill and they cannot win without them, there is no skill whatsoever when you win with tc, please ban them, -Angel, level 30 balance warlord
That's a little offensive.

Don't ban Tc, and if you do, then you'll regret it right away. You'll realize how many Tc you use and how it makes you less powerful. Plus it would make matches more boring. Same spells over and over. It would make PVP even worse that it was before.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Well tc's make it so you have a better chance. I have seen low levels CRUSH (I mean demolish) high levels due to tc's. Without tc's unfair matches would become more of a nuisance. And unfair matches cannot be stopped for various reasons (I would love for KI to somehow end unfair matches). And trust me a tc doesn't determine a match, not at all. A tc does 1,030 damage max. Plus, with strategy, you can easily see a tc coming. Blades, pips, traps, all signs. Plus a tower shield makes all the difference. Star auras are a good sign too. Heals, shields, they are good for survival. That is strategy (I NEVER said your cousin didn't have it, some people, most likely not you, make up false accusations that hurt emotionally) and that one works.
As pointed out before, he can use treasure cards too. A level 22 can easily obtain the gold for them. A treasure card kraken is 600 some damage and it's a tc. Join them.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2011
How about a big N.O. If Kingsisle thought this was a major problem, treasure cards would have been taken out 4 years ago. Your cousin is not using his resources to his advantage. There is a side deck for a reason, and you can use it in any way you want. You are complaining because you had a bad experience in pvp, well guess your opponent had a better strategy.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Hello, I want to talk about treasure cards in PvP, first off, I want to say this is my opinion, no hateful comments please, second, I have no problem with treasure cards in the PvNPC (Player vs non player character) world.

Now, PvP should be about skill, right now it is not, it is about people showing off their treasure cards to win against unknowing players, treasure cards are overpowered, and I do not think they should stay implemented in the PvP world, My opinion on PvP, is that it should be a place where players show off their LEARNED skills against other players, not where they use some special overpowered card that should not be learned until they are in their 80s. They should only use learned skills along with the knowlage of the game they have gathered to defeat other players, weaker or stronger in a battle of epic preportions, not a short lived 1 attack fail.

That was my opinion, some players may say differently, and that is okay. I wanted to share this with you all today. Thank you.

TheGrandPyro

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Yea! Skill! Once I saw a pet heal for 1,000 health! That is not skill but money. KI make it skill please.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
This is how I see things.

I am a balance that more likely than doesn't have a master amulet on, let's say myth just for example sake.

In pvp, sidedeck is loaded with myth spells, basilisk, medusa, earthquake etc. About to attack have all my traps and blades on. Opponent pulls out a tc tower shield, I freak out, I pull out a basilisk.

In pvp, sidedeck is loaded with myth spells,..., Opponent uses virgulent plauge, or something, from TC. Earthquake comes out.

I feel if the other person is using any tc whether it is just tc tower for tc efreet, I don't care if I use medusa or dr. von to attack.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
TheGrandPyro on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
Hello, I want to talk about treasure cards in PvP, first off, I want to say this is my opinion, no hateful comments please, second, I have no problem with treasure cards in the PvNPC (Player vs non player character) world.

Now, PvP should be about skill, right now it is not, it is about people showing off their treasure cards to win against unknowing players, treasure cards are overpowered, and I do not think they should stay implemented in the PvP world, My opinion on PvP, is that it should be a place where players show off their LEARNED skills against other players, not where they use some special overpowered card that should not be learned until they are in their 80s. They should only use learned skills along with the knowlage of the game they have gathered to defeat other players, weaker or stronger in a battle of epic preportions, not a short lived 1 attack fail.

That was my opinion, some players may say differently, and that is okay. I wanted to share this with you all today. Thank you.

TheGrandPyro
Keep in mind that there is no rule saying "Only Warlords can use treasure cards" or anything; you can use them as well. Treasure cards are a display of skill, its just a faster display of skill than casting leprechauns repetitively until your opponent dies. If you want an epic fight, go do an Aquila side boss or an Azteca fight; I much prefer fighting a storm with Wild Bolts and Kraken over fighting someone with 85% resist and 60% in and out healing. All the "special overpowered cards" people use are ones you can easily pick up yourself, and normally not for that much money.

Mason ShadowwraithOverlord

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011

TheGrandPyro
So essentially, what your saying is we will put a rank cap too? There comes a time when your spells just can't beat the opponents you face. For instance, a level 10 fire doesn't have anything that would compare against a level 30 life. As you gain ranks you fight people much higher level than you. Trust me I know, and one of the ways you can beat them is with TC, honestly a lot of high ranking Warlords use their own spells just with an enchant to get the extra kick. The only 2 TC that I ever use are monstrous and infallible. But when I fight someone with 55 resist I think infallible is acceptable for me to use.

Wolf Legend

Survivor
May 24, 2009
The thing is, it requries almost nothing to obtain and use them, while people that dont use tc like me are here highly skilled being beaten by the ones who cant win without them.

TheGrandPyro

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Once KI fixes the match-up system, they can ban high rank treasure cards in PvP. Until then, though, a level 30 warlord is going to need some sort of advantage when fighting a level 50 warlord.

Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
Agreed all the way this is why I stopped ranked matches. Is litterally impossible for me to get out of private because I lose to people 30 levels lower than me.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
a good way to "ban ranked treasure cards" is to maybe make it so you have to be the level required to use them in pvp. so lets just say im level 28 and i wanna use a fire dragon, i cant use that fire dragon treasure card unless im level 48 so that could be a option :)

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
critical death on Aug 23, 2013 wrote:
Yea! Skill! Once I saw a pet heal for 1,000 health! That is not skill but money. KI make it skill please.
That IS skill. Skill and complete devotion. It's not "Pay to Win", unless you pay an absolutely massive amount of crowns. My (SPDF+Weakness) pet is something like 30th generation, with roughly 40,000 gold a hatch... That's 1,200,000. Over a million gold I've farmed for. And if you add in the other hatches where my pet learned a bad talent early and I didn't continue... I have probably spent in excess of one million five hundred thousand gold on my pet. Had I "Payed to Win", as you said, I would have paid in excess of 1,200,000 Crowns. If you are buying the largest possible quantity of crowns, while they are on sale: That would cost at least 1,200 dollars real money. Getting a good pet requires skill, devotion, patience, and a good bit of luck that will come sooner or later if you keep up the other things. Needless to say, this is completely off-topic, and I apologize for that. On the topic of TC, I believe they should be capped. No rank 7+ TC in Ranked PVP unless both players are level 50+, I say. Things like Reshuffle and off-school blades should not be banned. Low pip tc with insanely high damage (Firezilla, mainly) should be level 20+ Capped, and X-pip damage spells 25+ Capped. There would of course be no caps on learned spells, and the caps would be in place unless every player in the match is higher than the TC cap.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2012

TheGrandPyro
Hi, I'm Brittany Winterleaf 87 fire. Here to talk about my level 40 balance, and what I think about pvp.

I totally agree with you. My best friend (irl) and I made new characters (level 40 balance) and decided that we should pvp with those characters. When we first started, it was fair matches, with no treasure cards. But then we started noticing them a lot, when we became sergeants. We would 2v2, then out of nowhere they would tc frost giant and tempest or something strong like that. We were getting frustrated and decided to just stop pvp for a little while. When we came back it was the same thing. We would be on video chat and say to each other,

"isn't player versus player supposed to be a duel between which wizard has more skill in battle? Not a battle to see who has better treasure cards!"

Honestly, I hate to say this, and I know lots of people have already said this time and time before, but I think that kingsisle should officially ban treasure cards above rank 3 or 4. So then players could still use treasure cards like shields and blades, but will have to start using their true power.

That's my opinion and response to TheGrandPyro most of you may agree with me, some may not.

Please take this note/response into consideration.

Brittany Winterleaf & Mackenzie Soulriver

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Charles the Healer on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:
That IS skill. Skill and complete devotion. It's not "Pay to Win", unless you pay an absolutely massive amount of crowns. My (SPDF+Weakness) pet is something like 30th generation, with roughly 40,000 gold a hatch... That's 1,200,000. Over a million gold I've farmed for. And if you add in the other hatches where my pet learned a bad talent early and I didn't continue... I have probably spent in excess of one million five hundred thousand gold on my pet. Had I "Payed to Win", as you said, I would have paid in excess of 1,200,000 Crowns. If you are buying the largest possible quantity of crowns, while they are on sale: That would cost at least 1,200 dollars real money. Getting a good pet requires skill, devotion, patience, and a good bit of luck that will come sooner or later if you keep up the other things. Needless to say, this is completely off-topic, and I apologize for that. On the topic of TC, I believe they should be capped. No rank 7+ TC in Ranked PVP unless both players are level 50+, I say. Things like Reshuffle and off-school blades should not be banned. Low pip tc with insanely high damage (Firezilla, mainly) should be level 20+ Capped, and X-pip damage spells 25+ Capped. There would of course be no caps on learned spells, and the caps would be in place unless every player in the match is higher than the TC cap.
I completely agree with the pet thing. Because they don't have one they begin to think that it only takes us about 2 hatches. COMPLETELY WRONG. It took me around 10 hatches which each cost maybe 40,000 gold. Thats a lot of gold. I worked hard for my 9+5+fairy+sprite+pierce pet and I'm not giving it up.

Wolf Skullslinger

Survivor
Nov 09, 2012
so I am level 20 and I do a lot of ranked pvp. and the problem comes when someone uses a level 40 treasure card and one shots me. it takes the fun out of it and you can have the best gear and the best strategy and totally fail. who else thinks they should take treasure cards out of pvp?

Noah Stormcaster

Survivor
Nov 09, 2012
I feel the same way. it's no fair for a wizard with no treasure cards.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
When an Apprentice wizard starts getting matched up with Masters, I think it's time to use treasure cards. Believe me, this has happened.

And you know what? Using your treasure cards takes skill. I sometimes go a whole match without laying my hands on one because my minion and I shut down healing and deal out damage quite a bit. However, most of the time if I'm dueling a higher ranked wizard I have to use treasure cards. They're part of the reason I can win going second, minions being the other part.

You have access to them, you can use them too. Treasure cards are there for a reason.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Noah Stormcaster on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
so I am level 20 and I do a lot of ranked pvp. and the problem comes when someone uses a level 40 treasure card and one shots me. it takes the fun out of it and you can have the best gear and the best strategy and totally fail. who else thinks they should take treasure cards out of pvp?

Noah Stormcaster
Not me. My Myth Warlord and Balance Captain get matched up against a lot of level 30s-40s. Without tc, how could we win? I don't have the cards to outlast them and I don't have enough shields to save myself. If they killed my minions, where would I be without treasure cards?

You can use them, don't forget that. If they can, you can too. It isn't cheating and treasure cards can play an essential role in any strategy. Shield if you think they're going to attack. Heal if you're low on health and you think they're going to attack. Attack if you think you can get away with it. It's all about strategy and a little bit of luck.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
Moonlighterz1000 on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
They have skill, and what if a magus team fought a puppet team which has a legendary private, and a private master wizard? The magus team would need treasure cards to beat the team, probably, and not everyone needs them to win. Its not unfair, you can use them as much as they can, and can use dispels, shields, etc.
That is your only excuse :\
It is more of a test if you ask me..people can easily beat them without treasure cards. its just the test thats all. honestly without treasure cards i could beat a team like that there privates most likely experimenting pvp if its a legit pvp team with great gear then oh well give it a go..

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010

Noah Stormcaster
Maybe. No treasure cards above your rank wouldn't be that bad.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
SydneyMistHeart on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
I always hated treasure cards in PvP, and I still do. I don't understand why they are allowed, I know people are going to get mad at me for saying this but, I always preferred legit game play, and I know lots of lower level wizards PvP and I assume that's why treasure cards are allowed. I am a level 38 life wizard with 2,370 health and I end up facing a warlord with 810 health and I always lose because of treasure cards and resist. All I am saying is that treasure cards can be a pain.
Please tell me if anyone agrees with this: I think Kingsile should not allow treasure cards that are over your rank.

Survivor
May 16, 2013

Noah Stormcaster
Can I tell you something? Yeah? Okay, so if you use just a bit of strategy, which includes your gear choices, this won't be a problem. You have all that power of storm. So you yourself go get some monstrous TC and use enchanted Krakens on them. Its not like they can use TC and you can't.

My advice,
Wolf Skullslinger

Survivor
May 16, 2013
Julia Ice on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Yes, treasure cards are annoying, but most warlords use them and they wouldn't be warlords without them. But the things that bother me are puppeting, over powered attacks and resist, as well as over powered gear, and how sometimes how I get paired up with people.
Most Warlords fight people at least 10-20 levels above them, so I would stop complaining. If I didn't use TC to fight my enemies who are level 50+ I wouldn't survive long in the arena.

Wolf Legend