Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Card Banning in PvP

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 15, 2013
139
i don't like tc in pvp but i don't think ki should ban them. some people need to use tc. for example lets say you're level five and your against a grandmaster. would you take the chance of losing or use tc to have a chance at winning. but if people want them banned, ban the ones like skeletal dragon, ra, and tc like that

Brandon death bringer level 50

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
Banning TC is just silly. It's a resource that is open to EVERY player without any restrictions. It gives no unfair advantage to anyone. It all seems like just sour grapes at being outsmarted by lower level players who use strategy better than you. You do realize that YOU are allowed to use TC also? Adjust your strategy. TC are the most freely available and unrestricted thing in the game. Anyone can get them, trade them or buy them. The only limit is you can't use rank 8+ without an amulet if it's outside your main school. KI's system for it is the most fair thing in this entire game. Asking to ban it would be banning probably the only thing in the game that doesn't favor/hurt any particular school.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
97
Now I have seen many posts about the different views on the usage of Treasure Cards in all forms of PvP and I have to say both sides have very good arguments. Those who oppose restricting or banning treasure cards from PvP say it takes the fun out of it and that treasure cards are meant to be used in whatever type of battle your in, whether it be PvP or PvE. Those who support restricting or banning treasure cards from PvP say there's no skill required and turns every PvP match into a 'survival of the fittest' contest intead of a strategic face-off. Both sides are right, in my opinion, which is why I decided to throw my own ideas out there.

Now keep in mind these are IDEAS and my own BELIEFS not something I'll take to KI and argue until I'm blue in the face.

Now, the proposed idea of restricting or 'level-capping' treasure cards is great, to me that is. However, my version of restricting tc to level is different from everyone else's. My version relies more on the rank of the spell corresponding with the player's level, not what level they can use the spell. For example, Novice wizards are able to use rank 1 and 0 spells, so in a PvP match the usable tc should also only be rank 1 and 0 spells. At Apprentice one is ableto use rank 2 spells, so the usable tc should be rank 2 and below. However, Astral Spells, as we all know are level 50 and up, should be allowed for all levels since all Astral spells are rank 0. See where I'm getting at? (Now I'm saying here that tc should be restricted for RANKED PvP matches only, mainly because there is a ranking system. I'm not speaking for Practice PvP or Tournaments, I'm merely speaking for Ranked Matches.)

Now I've read on some thread that a player argued it'd be impossible for a novice, apprentice, or initiate wizard to compete with the higher levels in Ranked PvP without tc. My solution? I believe there should also be a level matching system, because I can understand where this person was coming from. I've found myself fighting players that were half my level just because they were Warlords or highly ranked. Now, though, if we were to implement what i proposed above about the tc it would be more challenging to reach that title, so players should be paired up with opponents that are within five levels of themselves.

Like I said these are merely IDEAS of mine not something I would go to Kingsisle about. What are you thoughts? I tried to make both sides happy while proposing a plausible solution. I believe if Kingsisle implemented my idea into the game they'll see more players building strategic skills instead of going for the 'one shot one kill' aspect.

Champion
Feb 29, 2012
488
Nightblood1995 on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
Now I have seen many posts about the different views on the usage of Treasure Cards in all forms of PvP and I have to say both sides have very good arguments. Those who oppose restricting or banning treasure cards from PvP say it takes the fun out of it and that treasure cards are meant to be used in whatever type of battle your in, whether it be PvP or PvE. Those who support restricting or banning treasure cards from PvP say there's no skill required and turns every PvP match into a 'survival of the fittest' contest intead of a strategic face-off. Both sides are right, in my opinion, which is why I decided to throw my own ideas out there.

Now keep in mind these are IDEAS and my own BELIEFS not something I'll take to KI and argue until I'm blue in the face.

Now, the proposed idea of restricting or 'level-capping' treasure cards is great, to me that is. However, my version of restricting tc to level is different from everyone else's. My version relies more on the rank of the spell corresponding with the player's level, not what level they can use the spell. For example, Novice wizards are able to use rank 1 and 0 spells, so in a PvP match the usable tc should also only be rank 1 and 0 spells. At Apprentice one is ableto use rank 2 spells, so the usable tc should be rank 2 and below. However, Astral Spells, as we all know are level 50 and up, should be allowed for all levels since all Astral spells are rank 0. See where I'm getting at? (Now I'm saying here that tc should be restricted for RANKED PvP matches only, mainly because there is a ranking system. I'm not speaking for Practice PvP or Tournaments, I'm merely speaking for Ranked Matches.)

Now I've read on some thread that a player argued it'd be impossible for a novice, apprentice, or initiate wizard to compete with the higher levels in Ranked PvP without tc. My solution? I believe there should also be a level matching system, because I can understand where this person was coming from. I've found myself fighting players that were half my level just because they were Warlords or highly ranked. Now, though, if we were to implement what i proposed above about the tc it would be more challenging to reach that title, so players should be paired up with opponents that are within five levels of themselves.

Like I said these are merely IDEAS of mine not something I would go to Kingsisle about. What are you thoughts? I tried to make both sides happy while proposing a plausible solution. I believe if Kingsisle implemented my idea into the game they'll see more players building strategic skills instead of going for the 'one shot one kill' aspect.
While your idea is good, there are still some things I would like to point out.

Many low level Warlords/Commanders etc. have a healing pet and good gear with universal resist. With how often Spritely and Fairy trigger I do not think that rank one and two spells alone would do the job. True, you could use and pile up lots of Infections, but that would require valuable rounds that could be used for something else and there's nothing to guarantee that what you do won't trigger Spritely. (I've seen it trigger from blading and shielding along with successful attacks, which is why I bring up the point.) This would allow them to effectively heal off whatever damage you do and you could do the same.

Another point I'd like to make are the last card matches, which are what lots of low level players run into. With you suggestion they would not be able to use Reshuffle treasure cards and the match would go on and on until one side gives in to the other side. While we have a lot of them now, with no ban on the treasure card ranks we can use, there are less of them than there might be with a treasure card rank cap of around two pips.

To be honest to, I would also find the level match up a little annoying. I've faced Warlords as a Private on my Ice and with the right strategy I was able to defeat them, gear, pet and all. I've faced Privates on my Warlord that knew what they were doing and I lost. Getting to Warlord is a right to earn and facing Warlords helps you develop a winning strategy and perhaps gain some tips in doing so.

These are some good ideas, but I believe that they could use some tweaking.

(This is my take on your proposal, and it's what I feel would work best. I'm not stating that this would be best for everyone, so please bear with me.) Perhaps the spell rank could be three above the lowest level's own spell rank. From an midlevel Ice veteran's perspective and a low level Warlord's perspective, I can't see this altering my strategy too much. It would help cut out some higher and lower levels using high rank spells and it would allow the lower levels to carry the treasure cards needed to defeat the opponents.

I would add a level cap of facing opponents, but it would allow for higher level privates to face lower level Warlords with up to a twenty five level difference between them. This might cut down on some of the unfairness in High rank Legendary vs. Promethean with Tartarus gear and Shadow magic matches.

Scarlet Nightdreamer, level 90
Alura Unicornglade, level 47
Vanessa Drake, level 10

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
114
I have also created a post similar to this. KI should have the classic option from the tournaments into ranked pvp. It would solve almost all the pvp complaints. It wouldn't be too hard since we already has it.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2011
10
The problem is though...

You go to a ranked match

You're around a Lvl 20-30 (exampling here!!!)

And you're fighting around a lvl 15

They obviously know they can't win.

BUT

they will do ANYTHING to walk around in a silly wing outfit and look cool.

but seriously guys.. TC's are over powering this. But don't blame the TCs, mostly blame KI for screwing up the matched levels. There should be a level limit on what level plays what level.

Tiffany Rain, Lvl 75
Natalie Silver, Lvl 40

Tiffany, Lvl 11

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
97
I see and I agree with both of you. Thanks for pointing out the flaws XD I never thought of gear and pets. And yes integrating the Tournament options into the Ranked PvP sector would also minimize a lot of complaints, I agree there as well.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
26
ok I will say this again, TC was originally to help you survive your quests and be part of the pvp matches which was ok at first. but as new worlds came out with new weapons, armor, pets, pet abilities, crit, crit block and now shadow pips, the pvp scene has become so unbalance that is no longer any fun to play. there is no lvl caps for players to fight others on the same lvl as themselves. TC are now too OP since they came out with all the different pet abilities, crit, crit blocks, high attack armor, high resist armor and now shadow pips.

should TC be banned for pvp only? yes they should cause no one needs them now, since they are a hinder, eye sore and over all headache. everybody who wants a fair wizards battle, the one where you EARN your wins, titles, tickets and points, in a fair match, through strategy, determination and style without the need for the unfair unbalanced handicap that cheaters want.

all those who do not want the TC to be banned want the unfair unbalanced handicap cause they do not like to lose and that is what we had available since the start of wizard101. I mean look at the recent posts on people who glitch, esc or log off to keep from losing there standings everytime they are about to lose their match.
someone earlier said they need to redo the whole battle format. I AGREE WITH THAT STATEMENT. redo the format so no one can battle other wizards pass 10 lvls (higher or lower) of there current level. ban crit, crit blocks and TC while restricting attack and resist percentages based on a players lvl. no one who is under lvl 15 should have attack or resist stats over 10%. lvl 30 over 25%, lvl 95 over 75%. this is what balanced PVP and PVE should be about both friendly and ranked. if you get mad losing on a ranked pvp match even with you using TC (OP) then this game was never ment for you. sorry if I hurt your feeling on that statement.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
26
too bad we cannot create our own matches with options and limits like we have with the sound, fx and music.
ex.....

attack 0---25---50---75---100
resist 0---25---50---75---100
accuracy 0---25---50---75---100 (whatever you pick for attack will also automatically match for resist and accuracy)

crit and crit block allowed (check the box for no, unchecked for yes)
TC allowed (check the box for no, unchecked for yes)
LVL allowed (low ?) (high ?)

this way if they joined the match they would have to agree to the limits set.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
HajimeNoIppo on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
ok I will say this again, TC was originally to help you survive your quests and be part of the pvp matches which was ok at first. but as new worlds came out with new weapons, armor, pets, pet abilities, crit, crit block and now shadow pips, the pvp scene has become so unbalance that is no longer any fun to play. there is no lvl caps for players to fight others on the same lvl as themselves. TC are now too OP since they came out with all the different pet abilities, crit, crit blocks, high attack armor, high resist armor and now shadow pips.

should TC be banned for pvp only? yes they should cause no one needs them now, since they are a hinder, eye sore and over all headache. everybody who wants a fair wizards battle, the one where you EARN your wins, titles, tickets and points, in a fair match, through strategy, determination and style without the need for the unfair unbalanced handicap that cheaters want.

all those who do not want the TC to be banned want the unfair unbalanced handicap cause they do not like to lose and that is what we had available since the start of wizard101. I mean look at the recent posts on people who glitch, esc or log off to keep from losing there standings everytime they are about to lose their match.
someone earlier said they need to redo the whole battle format. I AGREE WITH THAT STATEMENT. redo the format so no one can battle other wizards pass 10 lvls (higher or lower) of there current level. ban crit, crit blocks and TC while restricting attack and resist percentages based on a players lvl. no one who is under lvl 15 should have attack or resist stats over 10%. lvl 30 over 25%, lvl 95 over 75%. this is what balanced PVP and PVE should be about both friendly and ranked. if you get mad losing on a ranked pvp match even with you using TC (OP) then this game was never ment for you. sorry if I hurt your feeling on that statement.
I think it's funny how you keep calling people who play the game better than you "cheaters" when they are only using the tools the game has given them. TC are freely available to all players of every level, INCLUDING YOU! Frankly, TC are overrated and way lower power than natural spells. Saying they are OP is a complete joke, they are all weaker than using Sun School boosts. Limiting stats is also ridiculous. Only losing want this because they cannot find a legitimate way to win. Try using a bit of strategy. You seem to be the one who is getting mad over losing despite having the same access to all the same weak TC cards that are available to your opponants. Maybe PvP isn't for you if you can't handle being outplayed by lower level players who are better than you.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
46
So there is currently a huge argument between two types of pvp wizards: the ones who don't like the idea of treasure cards in pvp and the ones that like them. While I myself am not too fond of treasure cards in pvp, I have come up with an idea that would make both sides happy. Kingsisle should put seperate divisions in ranked, so one could choose whether they want to be in a match that allows treasure cards or in one that bans treasure cards. More arena tickets and rating would be at stake in treasure card matches. Thoughts, issues, complaints? I would really like to see this implemented in the game.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
They sort of have created this option for tournaments, but the developers seem resistant to using this suggestion for regular ranked PvP. It has been suggested before. (See this thread, if interested: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/pvp-modes-choose-your-type-of-duel-8ad6a415407c19770140888065047176)

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
TheBananaSlug on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
So there is currently a huge argument between two types of pvp wizards: the ones who don't like the idea of treasure cards in pvp and the ones that like them. While I myself am not too fond of treasure cards in pvp, I have come up with an idea that would make both sides happy. Kingsisle should put seperate divisions in ranked, so one could choose whether they want to be in a match that allows treasure cards or in one that bans treasure cards. More arena tickets and rating would be at stake in treasure card matches. Thoughts, issues, complaints? I would really like to see this implemented in the game.
I like this idea although I don't think more arena tickets and rank should be at stake for tc matches. Tc and non-tc matches should provide the same number of tickets and rank.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
26
seethe42 on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
I think it's funny how you keep calling people who play the game better than you "cheaters" when they are only using the tools the game has given them. TC are freely available to all players of every level, INCLUDING YOU! Frankly, TC are overrated and way lower power than natural spells. Saying they are OP is a complete joke, they are all weaker than using Sun School boosts. Limiting stats is also ridiculous. Only losing want this because they cannot find a legitimate way to win. Try using a bit of strategy. You seem to be the one who is getting mad over losing despite having the same access to all the same weak TC cards that are available to your opponants. Maybe PvP isn't for you if you can't handle being outplayed by lower level players who are better than you.
Yes cheaters (OP players). Before the newer lvls (with all the new armor and wands), crit, crit block and shadow pips, TC's were never considered OP. Practice matches should allow everything cause it is a place for other Wizards to get together and fight one another without any restrictions, is free to all and you gain nothing from it. Where as Ranked PVP requires Crowns and should be about who is the better wizard or who has the better strategy, since we can earn points, titles and tickets from it. THAT is why I said stats should be restricted and TC crit, crit block and SP should be banned from Ranked Matches Only to give EVERY wizard who spend crowns a chance to win fairly.
My question to you is, Are YOU or any other player afraid to play a fair ranked pvp match? to have your precious TC, crit, crit block and shadow pips banned as well as your attack and resist restricted? to meet on the battlefield against a player who is about the same lvl as you and not some 20-30(+ or -) difference from your self? if your answer is anything but a simple NO, then everything you just stated was a waste of time since you are afraid to lose.
I know TC are freely available to me and for your info I AM A OP PLAYER as well as a strategist and I find everything wrong with ranked pvp since my pvp matches are basically or close to 3 wins to every 1 loss. PVP has become quite boring since there is no real strategy behind a first turn 1 hit win, that even my 10yo nephew can do, in practice or ranked PVP when all these factors are included.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
What's really the point in limiting anything? It's kinda like having a boxing match with right hands tied behind the back. Does it prove who is a better fighter? No, it just draws out a fight proves that one is a better left handed fighter. TC are part of the game. Everyone has equal access to them. As long as everyone is fighting by the same rules, I don't understand why anyone wants to handicap anyone. If you want a "fair" fight, why not create PvP that everyone has the same stats and spell deck? I have a feeling that the "limit everyone but me" crowd wouldn't like much. Everyone who is against TC seems to resent the fact that they lose to lower level players who are better than them. That's ALL this argument is, it's all EGO. If you keep getting beat by lower levels with TC... GO GET SOME TC and learn to change your strategy. I personally don't like PvP that much, but if you are going to PvP, you use the tools and rules of the game. You don't change the rules to suit your inaddequacy as a player.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
26
I like that idea but I wouldn't mess with the ticket rewards, and the rating don't mean much except for getting the commander title, couple of spells and certain armor. raising the amount of tickets for TC matches defeats the purpose of having non TC matches since everybody does the matches mainly for tickets so those shouldn't change for either one for now. instead have a trail period of 3-6 months to see which ranked matches players like more. get their feed back from the two different pvps then let KI decide if the tickets should be raised or kept the same.

Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
50
seethe42 on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
What's really the point in limiting anything? It's kinda like having a boxing match with right hands tied behind the back. Does it prove who is a better fighter? No, it just draws out a fight proves that one is a better left handed fighter. TC are part of the game. Everyone has equal access to them. As long as everyone is fighting by the same rules, I don't understand why anyone wants to handicap anyone. If you want a "fair" fight, why not create PvP that everyone has the same stats and spell deck? I have a feeling that the "limit everyone but me" crowd wouldn't like much. Everyone who is against TC seems to resent the fact that they lose to lower level players who are better than them. That's ALL this argument is, it's all EGO. If you keep getting beat by lower levels with TC... GO GET SOME TC and learn to change your strategy. I personally don't like PvP that much, but if you are going to PvP, you use the tools and rules of the game. You don't change the rules to suit your inaddequacy as a player.
I can't explain it better myself, completely agree with seethe42.
Hope KI don't ban treasure cards as it is all part of the strategy.
My death lvl 18 is facing lvl 30 wizards all the time, without treasure cards I couldn't even go near the arena.

What would happen with low level commander or warlords if they ban treasure cards? They wont be able to do more pvp.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
HajimeNoIppo on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
Yes cheaters (OP players). Before the newer lvls (with all the new armor and wands), crit, crit block and shadow pips, TC's were never considered OP. Practice matches should allow everything cause it is a place for other Wizards to get together and fight one another without any restrictions, is free to all and you gain nothing from it. Where as Ranked PVP requires Crowns and should be about who is the better wizard or who has the better strategy, since we can earn points, titles and tickets from it. THAT is why I said stats should be restricted and TC crit, crit block and SP should be banned from Ranked Matches Only to give EVERY wizard who spend crowns a chance to win fairly.
My question to you is, Are YOU or any other player afraid to play a fair ranked pvp match? to have your precious TC, crit, crit block and shadow pips banned as well as your attack and resist restricted? to meet on the battlefield against a player who is about the same lvl as you and not some 20-30(+ or -) difference from your self? if your answer is anything but a simple NO, then everything you just stated was a waste of time since you are afraid to lose.
I know TC are freely available to me and for your info I AM A OP PLAYER as well as a strategist and I find everything wrong with ranked pvp since my pvp matches are basically or close to 3 wins to every 1 loss. PVP has become quite boring since there is no real strategy behind a first turn 1 hit win, that even my 10yo nephew can do, in practice or ranked PVP when all these factors are included.
No I'm not afraid. Clearly YOU are afraid to play a fair match because all this whining about using TC's and people having better gear than you being unfair to players is complete bull. Asking for handicapping shows that fear. The only reason to ask for limits is because you cannot win under the current rules. It doesn't make it "more fair", it makes it more pointless. You want to change a boxing match into "Boxer A can't use his left hook and must wear 50 lbs in arm weights because he has stronger punches" ... That DOES NOT make for a "fair fight". It makes for a boring dumbed down fight. "If you can't win by the current rules... change them." seems to be your strategy.

Administrator
Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
26
let me ask you a question.... you said Limiting Anything is kinda like having a boxing match yes? but in a boxing match there are rules set so there is no foul play during the match which makes it a fair fight, right? (same as rules for Soccer, Football, Baseball, ect) this is what half of the Non TC players want. without the rules all it does is make it a street brawl where basically anybody can win on turn zero, which is what the TC players wish to keep.

what players are saying is there does need to be a new ranked PVP arena, where TC's and certain limitations are put in place, to give different players a choice in which ranked pvp that want and what strategy they wish to pursue since nobody follows, creates or think the same strategy.

we are not talking about changing the rules to suit the inadequacy because we lost our match, or limiting yours or any others, weather we do or do not use TC (even those who use and win with TC want something more). I think players are just plain tired of using TC in Ranked matches and wish to improve there gaming experience and strategy without the use of TC. I, personally, wish for a greater challenge without the use or going against other players who wish to use TC or fighting a player who would be 20+, higher or lower then myself, because TC's do not offer me the real challenge that I want. I think that is why there is so many post on people wanting TC to be banned.

I mean, if you were lvl 95 (like I am), had all the high stats armor available for use, pet trained the way you wanted, stats maxed the way you wanted and all the TC at your disposal, you too would become very bored (as I am right now) after some 200-500 matches looking for a more interesting or challenging duel right? what would you do then? ask KI for something more challenging, correct? limiting and restricting the stats, banning TC's, as well as fixing the level gaps between players battling each other would probably be the next step.

Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
50
With the example of high level wizards you are giving us more reasons as to Don't ban these treasure cards from pvp as they are a very important part right now of the game.

what would you do with a dispel? you need cleanse charm and if you no storm that have the real spell you can't take it off if is not with a card of the same school.

Or what would you do with all those dispel or weakness spamming that is going on in arena right now? 6 wand attacks are not enough in the entire battle to get rid of all those.

What would happen with people that bought their mastery amulets to be able to cast a spell that is not their own school and they didnt train it?

Are you telling me that if i want to cast feint (card that i have in lots from plants) I can't and I only have to use it in quests or helping my friends or farming tartarus. What if I only do pvp, where I can use all treasure cards that I get from plants.

I think the argument is over and this ban of treasure cards like people is asking is not viable. :p

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
TheBananaSlug on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
So there is currently a huge argument between two types of pvp wizards: the ones who don't like the idea of treasure cards in pvp and the ones that like them. While I myself am not too fond of treasure cards in pvp, I have come up with an idea that would make both sides happy. Kingsisle should put seperate divisions in ranked, so one could choose whether they want to be in a match that allows treasure cards or in one that bans treasure cards. More arena tickets and rating would be at stake in treasure card matches. Thoughts, issues, complaints? I would really like to see this implemented in the game.
If there was a division, it would be even harder to get a duel than it is now. In 4v4s, sometimes you can wait for hours without getting matches. This could make it take even longer. Other than that, I'm fine with it, as it is a fair compromise. And, HajimeNoIppo, of course you don't see the need for treasure cards. You're the highest level, and can't battle people higher level than you. If you want a challenge, try battling people 40 levels higher than you with no treasure cards. To be honest, it's not really possible, and even with treasure cards, it is not easy. I have stated my opinion in similar posts many times, and I think that treasure cards should never be banned.

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
114
HajimeNoIppo on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
let me ask you a question.... you said Limiting Anything is kinda like having a boxing match yes? but in a boxing match there are rules set so there is no foul play during the match which makes it a fair fight, right? (same as rules for Soccer, Football, Baseball, ect) this is what half of the Non TC players want. without the rules all it does is make it a street brawl where basically anybody can win on turn zero, which is what the TC players wish to keep.

what players are saying is there does need to be a new ranked PVP arena, where TC's and certain limitations are put in place, to give different players a choice in which ranked pvp that want and what strategy they wish to pursue since nobody follows, creates or think the same strategy.

we are not talking about changing the rules to suit the inadequacy because we lost our match, or limiting yours or any others, weather we do or do not use TC (even those who use and win with TC want something more). I think players are just plain tired of using TC in Ranked matches and wish to improve there gaming experience and strategy without the use of TC. I, personally, wish for a greater challenge without the use or going against other players who wish to use TC or fighting a player who would be 20+, higher or lower then myself, because TC's do not offer me the real challenge that I want. I think that is why there is so many post on people wanting TC to be banned.

I mean, if you were lvl 95 (like I am), had all the high stats armor available for use, pet trained the way you wanted, stats maxed the way you wanted and all the TC at your disposal, you too would become very bored (as I am right now) after some 200-500 matches looking for a more interesting or challenging duel right? what would you do then? ask KI for something more challenging, correct? limiting and restricting the stats, banning TC's, as well as fixing the level gaps between players battling each other would probably be the next step.
Agreed. Those people who like tc can keep them, we are not limiting anything to you. But for the people who don't like tc, want something more challenging, or the people who just like the game when it first came out (me) can have it with the option to have a classic match. I love doing the classic tournaments and wish KI would put the option in ranked pvp. So I can do it whenever I want and not have to wait a certain time.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
HajimeNoIppo on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
let me ask you a question.... you said Limiting Anything is kinda like having a boxing match yes? but in a boxing match there are rules set so there is no foul play during the match which makes it a fair fight, right? (same as rules for Soccer, Football, Baseball, ect) this is what half of the Non TC players want. without the rules all it does is make it a street brawl where basically anybody can win on turn zero, which is what the TC players wish to keep.

what players are saying is there does need to be a new ranked PVP arena, where TC's and certain limitations are put in place, to give different players a choice in which ranked pvp that want and what strategy they wish to pursue since nobody follows, creates or think the same strategy.

we are not talking about changing the rules to suit the inadequacy because we lost our match, or limiting yours or any others, weather we do or do not use TC (even those who use and win with TC want something more). I think players are just plain tired of using TC in Ranked matches and wish to improve there gaming experience and strategy without the use of TC. I, personally, wish for a greater challenge without the use or going against other players who wish to use TC or fighting a player who would be 20+, higher or lower then myself, because TC's do not offer me the real challenge that I want. I think that is why there is so many post on people wanting TC to be banned.

I mean, if you were lvl 95 (like I am), had all the high stats armor available for use, pet trained the way you wanted, stats maxed the way you wanted and all the TC at your disposal, you too would become very bored (as I am right now) after some 200-500 matches looking for a more interesting or challenging duel right? what would you do then? ask KI for something more challenging, correct? limiting and restricting the stats, banning TC's, as well as fixing the level gaps between players battling each other would probably be the next step.
The rules in Boxing are against FOUL PLAY, like you said. They aren't rules set out to disable/handicap certain opponents. TC are a part of the game, within the rules, they aren't "foul play". My analogy stands up just fine. You don't like people having a certain punch, you don't want to use it, so you want to make it against the rules. Is that correct? I am lvl 95 and the only TC I carry in PvP are reshuffles. If you claim to want a challenge, you shouldn't care if other people use TC. ALl that does is add to your challenge, which is what you say you want. Making everyone weaker isn't going to solve anything except make it more boring. The only thing I would agree to is making the level gaps more reasonable. You shouldn't be matched up with people 20-30+ levels higher than you. Just the power pip difference is enough to give massive advantage to the higher levels. If they balanced levels better there's no need for all your banning and limiting anything.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
Aaron SpellThief on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
If there was a division, it would be even harder to get a duel than it is now. In 4v4s, sometimes you can wait for hours without getting matches. This could make it take even longer. Other than that, I'm fine with it, as it is a fair compromise. And, HajimeNoIppo, of course you don't see the need for treasure cards. You're the highest level, and can't battle people higher level than you. If you want a challenge, try battling people 40 levels higher than you with no treasure cards. To be honest, it's not really possible, and even with treasure cards, it is not easy. I have stated my opinion in similar posts many times, and I think that treasure cards should never be banned.
I agree with you on that too. It definitely would take longer to get a match than usual. I think people should just accept that tc is fair in PvP