Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Card Banning in PvP

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 20, 2013
61
I always hated treasure cards in PvP, and I still do. I don't understand why they are allowed, I know people are going to get mad at me for saying this but, I always preferred legit game play, and I know lots of lower level wizards PvP and I assume that's why treasure cards are allowed. I am a level 38 life wizard with 2,370 health and I end up facing a warlord with 810 health and I always lose because of treasure cards and resist. All I am saying is that treasure cards can be a pain.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
44
Life Wizard SydneyMistHeart,

I agree that treasure cards can be a pain but without it most people wouldn't be where they are now.

I don't use treasure cards in Pvp, but I would not call it a legit game without it either , instead, it's more of magic up my sleeve robe trick.

I feel your black magic.



(Balance) Level 28, Angel Hex

"I am the Avatar, also known as: "The chosen one". Here to be the Savior of Wizard City!"

- Angel Hex

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
109
Then if you can't beat them Join them Or... buy infallible Tc or pet trait,dispels, and Doom n' gloom

Survivor
Jun 10, 2013
10
Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
No, if we removed treasure cards and we find a grandmaster puppet team vs a magus fair team then OH NO! They cannot use treasure cards to beat the team! You can use treasure cards as much as they can and if they were that bad, then it would of been taken care of a long time ago.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
47
Anybody can use treasure cards, you included. You can use minor and major treasure cards. So can they. Without some treasure cards, strategies would be destroyed. I use monstrous treasure cards, and sprite treasure cards, earthquake, and a lot more. These are very strategic, and it could be difficult facing people without them, as I wouldn't be able to heal effectively, my spells would be quite weak.. As I said, they're available to anyone. If they're making you mad, use them too. They help tons.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2013
9
SydneyMistHeart on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
I always hated treasure cards in PvP, and I still do. I don't understand why they are allowed, I know people are going to get mad at me for saying this but, I always preferred legit game play, and I know lots of lower level wizards PvP and I assume that's why treasure cards are allowed. I am a level 38 life wizard with 2,370 health and I end up facing a warlord with 810 health and I always lose because of treasure cards and resist. All I am saying is that treasure cards can be a pain.
Agreed, treasure cards would be ok if there was an option when selecting PvP matches. A toggle that says, "Treasure Cards Allowed?" That way you can get into a battle where treasure cards are banned from the match but not the entire PvP experience. In fact, PvP could use a lot of options, things like, "High Damage Match", "Treasure Cards Only", "No Pets" and such. It might take longer to get into a match with most kids using Treasure Cards constantly, but your matches would be fairer.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
4
Angel, level 30 balance warlord, TOTALLY AGREED, People that use treasure cards have no skill, that's why they need them to win, its pathetic I verse spammers who usually spam tower shield and like rank 8 spells :/ PLEASE, they need to be banned its unfair, i'd like to see how much people could keep their rank without treasure cards! at least 10% (including me) tc have got to go in pvp please.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
4
They need to be banned, anyone who uses them have no skill and they cannot win without them, there is no skill whatsoever when you win with tc, please ban them, -Angel, level 30 balance warlord

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
sparkypingpong on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
Angel, level 30 balance warlord, TOTALLY AGREED, People that use treasure cards have no skill, that's why they need them to win, its pathetic I verse spammers who usually spam tower shield and like rank 8 spells :/ PLEASE, they need to be banned its unfair, i'd like to see how much people could keep their rank without treasure cards! at least 10% (including me) tc have got to go in pvp please.
They have skill, and what if a magus team fought a puppet team which has a legendary private, and a private master wizard? The magus team would need treasure cards to beat the team, probably, and not everyone needs them to win. Its not unfair, you can use them as much as they can, and can use dispels, shields, etc.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
On my death warlord, I very often fight people who are grandmaster or higher. This wouldn't be an issue, except that I'm level 33 with 1300 health. If it wasn't for Treasure card skeletal dragon, I wouldn't have near the rank I do. Treasure cards are a part of pvp that aren't fixed to change, keep in mind that you can use them as well.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
sparkypingpong on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
Angel, level 30 balance warlord, TOTALLY AGREED, People that use treasure cards have no skill, that's why they need them to win, its pathetic I verse spammers who usually spam tower shield and like rank 8 spells :/ PLEASE, they need to be banned its unfair, i'd like to see how much people could keep their rank without treasure cards! at least 10% (including me) tc have got to go in pvp please.
And what do you do, shield and weakness stack and judge? Treasure cards are needed for a lot of tactics, and not quite sure how people manage to "Spam" rank eight spells, besides from being able to do a back to back combo that leaves them with no pips. If you are that annoyed, go to the library and buy 500 tower shields.

Squire
Jul 18, 2010
568
You know, instead of banning to from pvp completely, why not ban SOME tc from pvp? It's ok to use tc buffs I guess, and maybe some tc heals too. There could be something like you can't use tc spells that you achieve at higher levels such as astrals, and fire Dragon and storm lord .... Etc etc ... Then it could be fair, while NOT completely banning tc from pvp ....

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
169
risen2011 on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
My cousin has been trying very hard to win some ranked pvp matches, but he hasn't lost because of fancy clothes or pets, he's lost because of treasure cards. He is level 22 and when the ranked pvp matches him up with people the same level he cannot win because the other person would pull out a treasure card he/she can't get until they are level 48 or something like that. pvp is supposed to be about strategy and using what you have to create a good game. Treasure cards in ranked matches are just needless and they make people who don't have them lose. This is getting ridiculous. This needs to be stopped.
No. Your cousin is losing in pvp because he isn't effective with his strategy and pips. Many low level warlords are dependent on their 6-18 cards (Levels 5-35) to win very hard fights against people of levels much higher than you.

~ People who often use treasure cards usually have a very solid base deck, and have quite a bit of skill and experience while using them, and its your job to be able to counter this and win. People haven't used a single treasure card and have achieved ranks of 1200, but are often unable to go higher because of the handicap.

~ I Often don't even need to use treasure cards in 1v1 most the time, or if i doe ill use 2 or 3 to kill a minion. As a Level 30 Ice Overlord on the leader board (at the time ranked 550), i would fight people in levels ranging from levels 50-65 that could one hit me if i didn't have treasure card conviction, and the necessary power attack to start them healing, or one hit them them if they don't shield.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
17
I agree with the author of this complaint. I can't stand the use of tcs in ranked pvp. First of all ranked 1v1 at low levels like 10 for example are out of the question because of the ever so typical tc tower shield and either triton, kraken, koto, do daga, judgement, etc... Heck they even use tc astral spells which shows a LACK of skill which is what pvp USED to be about. All pvp is now is who can spam the most and whoever is first pretty much wins the match. I would know, because I've dealt with it for months and I am personally sick of it. You want skill in pvp, you gotta get KI to (as the title says) ban treasure cards from ranked pvp matches. I'm with the author 150%!!

Blake TitanCaller lvl 89

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
The simple solution...put a level limit on some treasure cards like kingisle has on gargantuan and unstoppable.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
KOblivion on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
No. Your cousin is losing in pvp because he isn't effective with his strategy and pips. Many low level warlords are dependent on their 6-18 cards (Levels 5-35) to win very hard fights against people of levels much higher than you.

~ People who often use treasure cards usually have a very solid base deck, and have quite a bit of skill and experience while using them, and its your job to be able to counter this and win. People haven't used a single treasure card and have achieved ranks of 1200, but are often unable to go higher because of the handicap.

~ I Often don't even need to use treasure cards in 1v1 most the time, or if i doe ill use 2 or 3 to kill a minion. As a Level 30 Ice Overlord on the leader board (at the time ranked 550), i would fight people in levels ranging from levels 50-65 that could one hit me if i didn't have treasure card conviction, and the necessary power attack to start them healing, or one hit them them if they don't shield.
Except that overlord isn't an actual title you get. I know some people in the top 100's who've assured me its just made up. But besides that part I fully support everything said here.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2012
66
I hear what you're saying but I think that creates another problem. I have a level 25 that got matched up with a level 52: I personally think that's a little ridiculous. There is almost no way that I'm going to be able to beat that person without treasure cards. They've got way more spell capacity in their deck, stronger spells and far more health and pip boost.

If the matchups were closer then yeah, I can see your point. But as it stands, pvp is a roll of the dice when it comes to your opponent.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
23
KOblivion on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
No. Your cousin is losing in pvp because he isn't effective with his strategy and pips. Many low level warlords are dependent on their 6-18 cards (Levels 5-35) to win very hard fights against people of levels much higher than you.

~ People who often use treasure cards usually have a very solid base deck, and have quite a bit of skill and experience while using them, and its your job to be able to counter this and win. People haven't used a single treasure card and have achieved ranks of 1200, but are often unable to go higher because of the handicap.

~ I Often don't even need to use treasure cards in 1v1 most the time, or if i doe ill use 2 or 3 to kill a minion. As a Level 30 Ice Overlord on the leader board (at the time ranked 550), i would fight people in levels ranging from levels 50-65 that could one hit me if i didn't have treasure card conviction, and the necessary power attack to start them healing, or one hit them them if they don't shield.
Your first point is not true at all! People who use treasure cards usually get them from crown packs and or trades! They are just low level people trying to get a higher level spell to win a pvp match with people the same level. Only when one gets into the higher levels people use treasure cards wisely. And besides people actually work to get to higher levels so if you are beating higher levels easily that is wrong right there!

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
risen2011 on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
Your first point is not true at all! People who use treasure cards usually get them from crown packs and or trades! They are just low level people trying to get a higher level spell to win a pvp match with people the same level. Only when one gets into the higher levels people use treasure cards wisely. And besides people actually work to get to higher levels so if you are beating higher levels easily that is wrong right there!
Not many good treasure cards from crown packs. Astral Archives is actually where everyone gets them, unless they just go for bazaar. Where did he say its easy to beat higher levels? Treasure cards are NECESSARY to beat higher levels when you get to the point when they have 2x 3x 4x your health. Go fight a level 60 as a level 27-33, see how you do playing no Treasure Cards. Most people who have low level high ranks that I know get to 80+ level, realize there is nothing but Jades and Ices up there, and make someone who has matches under 3 hours long.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
7
Moonlighterz1000 on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
I completely disagree with this. Treasure cards have always been part of PvP, and your cousin can use them as much as the other team can. You can also shield or dispel so they cannot do that big of a hit. If treasure cards weren't meant to be in PvP, they would have been out a long time ago.
-Jasmine FireBlade , level 86 pyromancer.
Treasure cards are not cheating and shouldn't be banned. Your cousin should just buy some good treasure cards. I am a lvl 26 fire and a lvl 26 balance and a lvl 26 life and on my fire I bought the Efreet card and Fire Dragon, and I have The Lord Nightshad and Meowiarty minions but they don't work in PVP but it is so worth it.
On my balance, I bought Ra and Chimera and again, it was worth it.
On my life I bought the Rebirth spell,the Forest Lord spell, Drayad, Woodwalker,

Cody Dragonblood, lvl 26 Sorcerer
Cody Fireblade, lvl 26 Pyromancer
Cole Ghostblood, lvl 26 Theurgist
LOL
:P

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
31
I completely disagree with you. Treasure cards are available to anyone and everyone so you can't blame anyone but your cousin is he/she feels the need to not make use of TCs. The whole point of TCs is to have access to powerful and useful cards you wouldn't normally be able to use. It would make no sense to have a treasure card of a spell that you already know. Unless they're TC blades cause those are extremely helpful.

~ Aaron Mythblade
Level 74 Warlord

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
94
No, just no. Treasure cards are always a fun part of PVP. It adds to the strategy and everyone can use them as much as they want, whenever they want. It jsut adds to the fun, your cousin can use TC's just as much as her enemies.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
elementwizard52 on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:
Treasure cards are not cheating and shouldn't be banned. Your cousin should just buy some good treasure cards. I am a lvl 26 fire and a lvl 26 balance and a lvl 26 life and on my fire I bought the Efreet card and Fire Dragon, and I have The Lord Nightshad and Meowiarty minions but they don't work in PVP but it is so worth it.
On my balance, I bought Ra and Chimera and again, it was worth it.
On my life I bought the Rebirth spell,the Forest Lord spell, Drayad, Woodwalker,

Cody Dragonblood, lvl 26 Sorcerer
Cody Fireblade, lvl 26 Pyromancer
Cole Ghostblood, lvl 26 Theurgist
LOL
:P
I disagree with the idea of treasure cards being banned, so I don't see why you quoted me unless you accidently clicked wrong one. (Sorry if off topic.)

Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
11
sparkypingpong on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
They need to be banned, anyone who uses them have no skill and they cannot win without them, there is no skill whatsoever when you win with tc, please ban them, -Angel, level 30 balance warlord
I disagree with this. Other lv 88-90's need treasure card shield so that they can stand the rank 10 spells.(Well, I just hit them with a mana burn then a storm owl about: 20000 damage!) Lower levels 50- love to tc. My brother went against you Angel... and YOU used TC!

Lv 90 EthanStormspear

Lv 90 BlazeThunderblade