Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Card Banning in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
6
I half agree with you. But for that to happen they need to fix the battle system so you don't have level 15 fighting level 50 etc.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2013
11
Hello everyone. Today i would like to address an issue that has been mentioned many times in the game, Treasure Cards in PvP matches. Most people believe it is unfair that lower leveled players are using treasure cards in ranked PvP. For example, a level 10 storm wizard could use a triton on another level ten wizard. Now that wouldn't be fair, would it?
I understand the term "cheating" comes to the minds of many opponents who get defeated by a treasure card user, and many harsh words are said to the person who used the treasure card. That is why you see so many level 12 warlords around. I just wanted to make a suggestion to possibly ban the use of treasure cards from PvP, I mean, the main purpose of it is to show your skills by defeating other wizards with your own spells.
One time hen i was in a PvP, a level 21 balance wizard used a Judgement treasure card and defeated me, while they also had many tower shield treasure cards on themselves. My friends made very hurtful remarks, calling the person, "A cheater", "A weak person", and many more that probably made that person feel terrible. All I am saying, is if we ban treasure cards from ranked PvP, it would let people show off their own fighting strategies that they use in regular battles.
I understand many people may not agree with me, but I know many do. I just wanna know what other people think of this topic. How they feel. If we can somehow stop he use of all this treasure card usage. Thank you very much for viewing my topic

Ashley Griffin, Level 75

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
1
Yes, treasure cards are annoying, but most warlords use them and they wouldn't be warlords without them. But the things that bother me are puppeting, over powered attacks and resist, as well as over powered gear, and how sometimes how I get paired up with people.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
7
Valdus Battlebringer grandmaster necromancer

i just think they just ban tc astral spells because to many noobs are running around with vengeance and fortify

ps. death is the best

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
Sigh....compared to ice gear, jade gear, etc, this is a minor issue...and you can use treasure cards as much as they can, and what if a puppet team fought a magus team, and treasure cards were removed? The magus wizards would need those treasure cards, so again, I repeat, you can use treasure cards as much as they can.

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
191
I say I agree with your post, or if at the very least limit the treasure cards, Meaning for certain levels you can use certain cards
For example:
A level 10 storm could go only up to a treasure card of Storm shark, Or if you take others schools into the equation he could also use tc of Cyclops, Banshee etc.
Keeping cards into your level will limit the power of the players to the very least on their own levels.
Take a Promethean friend to give you cards and your fighting a new player that is trying out the game and PvP for the first time, They wont enjoy themselves so much when they get hit by a higher ranked spell and die instantly. As for other treasure cards (For example Triage) To be removed, used only by life, cause it's their schools spell, Me as a death I find this irritating when I use a 3-4 bladed dragon and its gone by next round when it would of killed if it went on longer, Sure there are ways to counter it, like placing a poison right after it, but what if your 2nd? You won't get the opportunity to do so, What I am trying to explain is, Certain treasure cards should be for certain schools, and for certain levels. A max of one rank up (For example a level 10 gets 2 pip rank spell, max is 1 rank up at 3 pips)

These are my opinions, If you don't like them that's fine, Not much difference from just 1 person but together we could enforce them if we want to, But that's us as of the community of players of Wizard101, Thanks for taking time to read this and hope you liked my ideas, Thanks.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
81
BalanceRules408, I totally agree with you. Once I got defeated by a level nine with an efreet treasure card.

Squire
Jul 18, 2010
568
BalanceRulez408 on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
Hello everyone. Today i would like to address an issue that has been mentioned many times in the game, Treasure Cards in PvP matches. Most people believe it is unfair that lower leveled players are using treasure cards in ranked PvP. For example, a level 10 storm wizard could use a triton on another level ten wizard. Now that wouldn't be fair, would it?
I understand the term "cheating" comes to the minds of many opponents who get defeated by a treasure card user, and many harsh words are said to the person who used the treasure card. That is why you see so many level 12 warlords around. I just wanted to make a suggestion to possibly ban the use of treasure cards from PvP, I mean, the main purpose of it is to show your skills by defeating other wizards with your own spells.
One time hen i was in a PvP, a level 21 balance wizard used a Judgement treasure card and defeated me, while they also had many tower shield treasure cards on themselves. My friends made very hurtful remarks, calling the person, "A cheater", "A weak person", and many more that probably made that person feel terrible. All I am saying, is if we ban treasure cards from ranked PvP, it would let people show off their own fighting strategies that they use in regular battles.
I understand many people may not agree with me, but I know many do. I just wanna know what other people think of this topic. How they feel. If we can somehow stop he use of all this treasure card usage. Thank you very much for viewing my topic

Ashley Griffin, Level 75
Wow very well put . I thought pvp was for showing off skills and smarts and your schools abilities too. Not just win by using tc and gaining points. But like moonlighterz stated, treasure cards always have been part of pvp and jade gear is more of a problem . But I would like to see kings isle have a new thing where you can't use tc u get 20 and up lvls later . 4 example, a level 5 cannot use kraken and astrals etc ... U know? Same with all levels and schools and all ... ,auberges they can use shields that u get at higher lvl but not attack spells with much power ... That's not what pvp is all about

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
This would nerf some schools and not others. For instance, a level 28 balance might use judgement treasure cards, while a level 28 myth might use orthrus tc. Fire could use heckhound, but death couldn't use skeletal dragon. So basically, some schools would stay the same, while others would suffer. This would not be fair to the schools that suffered. (Although I wouldn't mind, my level 28 balance would become overpowered )

Champion
Feb 29, 2012
488
If you can't beat them, join them.

I'd also like to point out that when you're a level 10 getting matched against people who are 20 to 30 levels higher than you, treasure cards are your best bet if you want to win. It's hard to do so otherwise, because most will heal off the damage that you deal with your normal spells. A double kraken, while a fairly underhanded method against someone with little PvP knowledge, will almost certainly get you a win.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
I have to disagree sir, with respect you have as much right to use those TC as they do. I get tired of being called a TC noob cause I enchant spells with monstrous. Its very unplaeasnt. But I get along. I also believe just because someone uses TC doesn't mean they don't have skill. Remember, they have to stay alive long enough to use said TC card. 6 pips is a lot of turns to wait for a level 5 who can't get power pips.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
3
I recently started doing low lvl pvp, and one thing I found out was you need tcs to win in low lvl pvp. Because how are you supposed to kill a lvl 58 balance at lvl 16? You wouldnt even have enough spells to kill him without using tcs. My lvl 16 life overlord faced a lvl 58 balance so explain how my rank 3 tree life card is is going to kill him?

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
191
ekco18 on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
I recently started doing low lvl pvp, and one thing I found out was you need tcs to win in low lvl pvp. Because how are you supposed to kill a lvl 58 balance at lvl 16? You wouldnt even have enough spells to kill him without using tcs. My lvl 16 life overlord faced a lvl 58 balance so explain how my rank 3 tree life card is is going to kill him?
Explain how your overlord got there without tc first?

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
MiguelThefirst on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
Explain how your overlord got there without tc first?
Not to mention the fact that anyone who has ever gotten very far into Warlord knows that overlord isn't actually a rank you can get.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
3
MiguelThefirst on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
Explain how your overlord got there without tc first?
I never said I didnt use tcs lol... I said that because I was trying to explain why you actually NEED tcs if your going to do low lvl pvp and want to become a higher rank then private

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
BalanceRulez408 on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
Hello everyone. Today i would like to address an issue that has been mentioned many times in the game, Treasure Cards in PvP matches. Most people believe it is unfair that lower leveled players are using treasure cards in ranked PvP. For example, a level 10 storm wizard could use a triton on another level ten wizard. Now that wouldn't be fair, would it?
I understand the term "cheating" comes to the minds of many opponents who get defeated by a treasure card user, and many harsh words are said to the person who used the treasure card. That is why you see so many level 12 warlords around. I just wanted to make a suggestion to possibly ban the use of treasure cards from PvP, I mean, the main purpose of it is to show your skills by defeating other wizards with your own spells.
One time hen i was in a PvP, a level 21 balance wizard used a Judgement treasure card and defeated me, while they also had many tower shield treasure cards on themselves. My friends made very hurtful remarks, calling the person, "A cheater", "A weak person", and many more that probably made that person feel terrible. All I am saying, is if we ban treasure cards from ranked PvP, it would let people show off their own fighting strategies that they use in regular battles.
I understand many people may not agree with me, but I know many do. I just wanna know what other people think of this topic. How they feel. If we can somehow stop he use of all this treasure card usage. Thank you very much for viewing my topic

Ashley Griffin, Level 75
So, what you really want is to show off your own spells? I guess tower shield, pixie, satyr, and earthquake are out of the PvP picture. Because a lot of people (including myself) disagree completely with your suggestion.

Presenting the other side,
Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
172
I am defeated by warlords lvl 6. I know what you mean.
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 53

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
98
I disagree with this completely.

Using treasure cards is a strategy - any one can use them.

They aren't something that need to be ban. If your cousin is annoyed by it so much then he can buy treasure cards and use them.

I don't mean to be so strict - but I'm seriously just tired of so many people complaining about this.

~Molly

Survivor
Jan 12, 2011
1
I would just like to point out that tc should not be available in ranked pvp i think its very cheap for a low lvl to cast triton or something and end the duel before you even get a chance with your low lvl person at least limit the tc to their rank plz wizard101 just think about it lol.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
1
I think TC's should either be banned from pvp, or have a level restriction. My second profile, my ice, was a pvp knight at lvl 29 who could regularly beat lvl 45' s w/o tc. This is ridiculousbi hate looking 2nd turn to a lvl 78 spell. It makes me so mad. I refuse to use TC's in pvp unless its a one pip spell and I don't have a wand spell to finish them off. It got so bad I bough a few tc storm shields after getting levied to death twice in a row.

LvL 29 , LvL 57

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
Okay you obviously haven't been a Warlord/Overlord before. There is a point when you hit a certain rank that you start to fight people twice your level. I've hit that point on my level 30 Balance. I fight level 50s-60s. Who can CRITICAL. I don't have conviction trained because I am out of Training Points. But I manage because I have used TC to beat people twice my level. If I didn't it would be almost impossible to beat them.

Wolf Legend
Mid level PvPer

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
Joseph dragon hunt... on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
I think TC's should either be banned from pvp, or have a level restriction. My second profile, my ice, was a pvp knight at lvl 29 who could regularly beat lvl 45' s w/o tc. This is ridiculousbi hate looking 2nd turn to a lvl 78 spell. It makes me so mad. I refuse to use TC's in pvp unless its a one pip spell and I don't have a wand spell to finish them off. It got so bad I bough a few tc storm shields after getting levied to death twice in a row.

LvL 29 , LvL 57
There aren't level 78 spells. Just so you know. The highest TC you can get is level 68 spells. The utility spells haven't been made into TC (thanks KI please never do) and the level 88 spells aren't TC. And please tell me how a level 29 knight got level 45s? Because it took my level 30 Overlord till around commander to start fighting those.

Wolf Legend, level 30 Overlord

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
You have the same access to treasure cards as everyone else. Shield and weakness so that they don't one hit kill you. Use strategy to win.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
47
I think it would be nice if Treasure cards were banned, I keep loosing at pvp matches because of Treasure cards too. I was a level 49 and the player against me was a level 38 , the player was slightly building up on blades. Then the player played a Treasure card, Efreet, This totally blasted away my health and I lost the duel. I felt very embaressed after that.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
risen2011 on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
Your first point is not true at all! People who use treasure cards usually get them from crown packs and or trades! They are just low level people trying to get a higher level spell to win a pvp match with people the same level. Only when one gets into the higher levels people use treasure cards wisely. And besides people actually work to get to higher levels so if you are beating higher levels easily that is wrong right there!
Um, try again please. The typical TC packs are minions and gardening TC which are NO PVP. They get them from bazaar, either they farm for it, or they get a higher level person to go with them. I'm tired of getting accused for using TC like its some kind of disease. Often times after the final savage paw lands, Some unfortunate level 50 goes: TC noob. And ports away. You know how disheartening that is? There used to be sportsmanship in the arena. Which is why I get all the friends I do have from the arena, cause they just laugh at the end of a match just like me. I say "gg!" and then talk to them about strategies, or how much their pet helped in the battle, or a key moment in the match. I love to find nice people in the arena. Instead of people like you who find me to be some kind of "leper" because I have 1600 rank!

Wolf Legend. Rant over.