Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Card Banning in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
1
travisAk wrote:


So you would like for pvp to be more like a slot machine? For anyone and everyone to just sit down and pull a lever without needing any level of skill or amount of preparation?

Think of pvp like any sport for a minute... You can pick up and throw a football around with a few friends for fun without really understanding the strategic plays or complicated rules and dynamics involved with a professional league football game
A person must practice very hard and train before they can function in ranked pvp as it is the equivalent of the professional end of any sport. Kingsisle has provided a practice option for the people you are describing (less skilled) where they can learn and adapt to conditions in ranked before enterIng ranked pvp where the skill level isn't as intense.

Remember the pvp tutorial? Before your first pvp match Diego teaches you how to draw and use cards from your side deck so when you say you were lvl 15 and didn't know how to draw cards from your side deck it was your own fault for not paying attention.

Bottom line is that ranked pvp takes time, preparation, planning and practice. You have learn how to swim in practice mode before you jump in with the sharks.. Or you'll get bit. Simple enough right?





TC drop the skill level of pvp straight thru the floor. Let take sports like you pointed out. Your playing in a Little League Baseball game and the other team has Jered Weaver pitching. Doesn't really fit see, If I'm pvping in the 10-20 range you shouldn't be seeing Triton, Frozen Armor, etc

It takes 0 skill to sit and throw out a couple a blades/traps/shields hit 6 pips and drop Triton on a level 12.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
77
Squire
Jan 05, 2010
547
stephencastro71 wrote:


TC drop the skill level of pvp straight thru the floor. Let take sports like you pointed out. Your playing in a Little League Baseball game and the other team has Jered Weaver pitching. Doesn't really fit see, If I'm pvping in the 10-20 range you shouldn't be seeing Triton, Frozen Armor, etc

It takes 0 skill to sit and throw out a couple a blades/traps/shields hit 6 pips and drop Triton on a level 12.


Well the problem with your analogy is that everyone can access all the same TC's. So if both teams had means of getting the money to hire a pitcher like Jared Weaver but one team didn't take the time to get a good pitcher they deserve to lose the match.

It's all about preparation for the match. if you just decide to play pvp one day and walk in with a baby pet, bad gear, no strategy and take no time to think or prepare for pvp you will lose.

It also takes 0 skill to use a shield and block a triton, weakness and towers also help cut the damage up and turn a triton into a storm snake if you set your character up right.

Low level pvp is hard, you basically choose to fight at a fraction of max health with an underlevel character. Nobody is forcing you to fight under the lvl cap (80)and the option is always there to lvl up if these spells are too much for you.

Another thing, high damage TC's take many rounds to set up and that gives allot of room to either set up your own attack or play defensively. Yes, there are some newer players that jump in to ranked without practice like slacker and have to learn a tough lesson, but we all did at one time.



Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
77
Look, I am sorry but umm I am not trying to be mean but I think you should try harder and get gold and not have someone else do your dirty work. Try hard, don't give up. never surrender, and no slacking aloud!

-Savvy DarkHunter Lvl 24 Life Pvp Captain :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

Survivor
Jul 24, 2012
5
I think treasure cards should be banned from pvp...the only reason they should be made is to level or something cause when low levels pvp they always use treasure cards like a lvl 5 uses kraken or something like that and i think it should be banned

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
Sorry but i...totally disagree. I mean, sure level restrictions, okay. But just banning them all together? Nope, bad idea. Don't think so.

Jasmine FireBlade/Jessica SparkleGem

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
589
Everyone uses tc in pvp. its not a big deal. you can do the same thing! no warlord is gonna be all like ya i never use tc, unless they're liars.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2012
5
Well i have a lvl 10 with lvl 5 crowns gear and i wanna be able to pvp without people using skeletal pirate or amplify (they always use it) and i dont use tc like everyone else they should be used to pvp

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
24
NewIceWizard, I apologize but i'm gonna have to disagree with you. You're not the only person who's complained about the use of tc in pvp. People have been complaining about tc for ages, and no matter now much people share and express their angry thoughts and feelings, Kingsisle isn't going to remove tc from W101. People say: "Wizard101 would be a much better game without tc." You should understand that better-known pvper's were forged through the use of tc. People need to understand that tc isn't the problem of why they lose. Its more located though their inablity to act. And if a Skeletal Pirate with amplify is the bane to your lack of sucess in pvp, then why not just use a death shield or a TC death shield. Also you should take into consideration crowns gear. Look at the stuff you find in card packs: wands that have mass infection, guardian spirit; gear that supply bad juju, supernova and mana burn. If you're going to ask Kingsisle to remove tc, your gonna have to say goodbye to card packs as well. And card packs are bought with crowns. Without card packs, people won't buy crowns as much, and crowns is one of the major source of Kingsisle's income. If tc went bye-bye, were looking at a chain reaction that mean the possible end of Wizard101, due to lack of funding.
- Jason StrongHeart

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
184
I think that banning TC from pvp is fair because that way everyone has good chance to win not only the wizards who have enough money to buy lots of good TC and keep buying them all the time. Item cards are fair because they could be used over and over.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
234
Why do the mods keep accepting topics like this? KI is not banning anything.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
164
Newicewizard wrote:
I think treasure cards should be banned from pvp...the only reason they should be made is to level or something cause when low levels pvp they always use treasure cards like a lvl 5 uses kraken or something like that and i think it should be banned


i some what agree with you in that most but not all of the TC should be banned
if it does not have a strategic use such as earthquake shatter steal charm
freeze disarm blinding light cleanse charm guidance doom and gloom infection
empower feint accurate giant colossal keen eyes precision amplify fortify
conviction gargantuan infallible mend unstoppable vengeance
dispel (place element here)

all of these cards have strategic uses so they should continue to be usable as TC how ever attacks shields and heals should not be TC and should stay with in there respected schools unless you actually go to that school to train in that spell when it comes to heals and attacks if it is not directly trainable at said school whether it be life fire or any other then it should not be a TC

and on top of all this there should be a level cap on the treasure cards so that low level wizards should not be able to use them
no one below 50 should be allowed to use these cards in pvp believe it or not this would help to balance pvp allot

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
547
Sariana1337 wrote:
Newicewizard wrote:
I think treasure cards should be banned from pvp...the only reason they should be made is to level or something cause when low levels pvp they always use treasure cards like a lvl 5 uses kraken or something like that and i think it should be banned


i some what agree with you in that most but not all of the TC should be banned
if it does not have a strategic use such as earthquake shatter steal charm
freeze disarm blinding light cleanse charm guidance doom and gloom infection
empower feint accurate giant colossal keen eyes precision amplify fortify
conviction gargantuan infallible mend unstoppable vengeance
dispel (place element here)

all of these cards have strategic uses so they should continue to be usable as TC how ever attacks shields and heals should not be TC and should stay with in there respected schools unless you actually go to that school to train in that spell when it comes to heals and attacks if it is not directly trainable at said school whether it be life fire or any other then it should not be a TC

and on top of all this there should be a level cap on the treasure cards so that low level wizards should not be able to use them
no one below 50 should be allowed to use these cards in pvp believe it or not this would help to balance pvp allot

First of all I would say that shatter and dispels are destructive to the turn system and further complicate the first turn advantage. I find it hilarious That you included feint TC and infallible in your list of strategic cards which should be spared, you wouldn't happen to have a balance wizard sitting in one of your school chairs would you?

Next you say that all cards with a strategic use should be allowed in treasure form, but heals, shields and attacks should be banned because clearly there is nothing strategic about attacking and defending yourself. Sorry for the sarcasm but you have to see that your post made absolutely no sence the way you wrote it.

Finally you feel that level restricting TC's for lower level players would "balance" pvp when the system pairs them against people 20 levels higher then them (sometimes more depending on rank), this would only amplify pvp problems and create a more unbalanced arena.

Not trying to hurt your feelings when I say this but I sure am glad you're not programming wizard101 pvp as much of what you propose is just destructive to game mechanics.




Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
333
Sariana1337 wrote:
Newicewizard wrote:
I think treasure cards should be banned from pvp...the only reason they should be made is to level or something cause when low levels pvp they always use treasure cards like a lvl 5 uses kraken or something like that and i think it should be banned


i some what agree with you in that most but not all of the TC should be banned
if it does not have a strategic use such as earthquake shatter steal charm
freeze disarm blinding light cleanse charm guidance doom and gloom infection
empower feint accurate giant colossal keen eyes precision amplify fortify
conviction gargantuan infallible mend unstoppable vengeance
dispel (place element here)

all of these cards have strategic uses so they should continue to be usable as TC how ever attacks shields and heals should not be TC and should stay with in there respected schools unless you actually go to that school to train in that spell when it comes to heals and attacks if it is not directly trainable at said school whether it be life fire or any other then it should not be a TC

and on top of all this there should be a level cap on the treasure cards so that low level wizards should not be able to use them
no one below 50 should be allowed to use these cards in pvp believe it or not this would help to balance pvp allot


Funny thing is, all of these spells can be trained before level 50.

-Gtafreak101

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
164
no i do not have a balance wizard nor have i ever played a balance wizard and i did not include healing attacking and shielding TC because you can go to the schools class rooms and train in said ability's there for there is no need to have them as TC and yes i do feel that certain attacking and healing spells should be school specific i'm only trying to bring balance to the spiral i feel my ideas are good and will help to achieve this goal how ever i can agree that my ideas could be molded in to some thing better

my point is that there need to be limitations on TC and the current problem is that there are non and there also need to be limitations in the arena as well such as a level 10 fighting a level 20 which should never happen i agree that there need to be level brackets in which certain levels can compete undisturbed

now granted this is not wow but here me out
when i played wow the game had level brackets they where 9 levels apart
and though's level brackets where

10-19
20-29
30-39
40-49
50-59
60-69
70-79
80-85

now the problem with TC is that they don't allow the low levels to win or lose in pvp on there own schools merit i feel that TC's should be purly for support nothing more nothing less now any spell that requires a certain school to quest for should never be available as aTC and should only be available to that school alone and no one else unless that some one else where to make a wizard of said school and level it up and when it comes to low levels using TC they are basically saying give me the training weels so riding my bike will be easier hold on to the seat daddy i don't want to fall off push faster daddy faster that's my vew on low levels using TC's

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
164
now while i respect your decision to disagree with me i respectfully ask that you don't come in here to insult me how eve i can handle some constructive
criticism

Survivor
Jul 24, 2012
5
Jason Strongheart i am not saying banned all of tc whatsoever... no i am saying only from pvp... you can get treasure cards in crown packs just may not use them in pvp because everyone i face uses them and treasure cards have taken over pvp which isnt fair

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
24
Newicewizard wrote:
Jason Strongheart i am not saying banned all of tc whatsoever... no i am saying only from pvp... you can get treasure cards in crown packs just may not use them in pvp because everyone i face uses them and treasure cards have taken over pvp which isnt fair


Then why not use Treasure Cards yourself? Fight Fire with Fire I say.
- Jason StrongHeart

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
The only reason people would want treasure cards removed from PVP, is because they cant win. The funny thing is, if they would face another player that did not use treasure cards and still could not win, what would be their excuse then? Because obviously, they will always have an excuse.

Then they cry, this school is over/under powered.

If you are any good at math, crunch the numbers, if treasure cards were ever banned from PVP, could low level players ever win a match?


Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
If tc was banned from pvp, well mid levels against a puppet team lets say. It would be nearly impossible for the mid levels to win without tc right? Tc is part of the game. Deal with it. Also you have heard of shields right? And tc dispels? Dont like it. Dont play it.


Survivor
May 19, 2011
2
I think TCs offer a wildcard element to PVP that’s fun and unpredictable. I use them often because, until the pvp rules get changed, they offer the best chance to win. Rather than banning them I think KI could help solve this by a slight change to the points awarded for ranked duels.

First, let’s call a PVP win gained in a duel without using TCs against an opponent who uses them a “Natural Win” and a loss a “Natural Loss”.

A point bonus and loss reduction would be given to the natural player if dueling a TC user. Conversely a point gain reduction and loss boost would be given to the TC user if dueling a natural player. If both players are natural or TC users, no point adjustments are made. Adjustment suggestions are noted below:

Natural Win : 50% point gain bonus if the duel is won without using TCs and opponent uses them.

Natural Loss: 50% point loss reduction if the duel is lost without using TCs and opponent uses them.

TC user Win: 50% point gain reduction if the duel is won using TCs and opponent uses none.

TC user Loss: 50% point boost if the duel is lost using TCs and opponent uses none.

So for example a natural win that would normally get you 16 points would net 24 points, while penalizing the TC card user 24 points. On the other hand, if the TC using player won they’d only gain 8 points and the natural player would lose only 8.

Finally, if you still hate TCs for ranked PVP, good for you! You’re likely are a serious gamer who believes in skilled and fair competition. (Honestly, chess is far better for that. Luck plays too much in this game.) However, please don’t be abusive to other players who use TCs by calling them names like treasure noob or unskilled. After all, the rules allow TCs and if you choose not to use them don’t complain if you get served by a lucky Wildbolt. Just move on a say GG. :)

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
203
right now TC's r the only thing that gives a low level a chance at fighting a higher level person,i think they should be banned to,but untill they fix the fact of level 70 fighting level 40s or fighting someone at the same level the 40s only real chance at winning is TCs,

so ban TC's use only the spell in ur spell book,yes but also fix level matching an ranking down to fight low levels.

M.RedBlood Death lev 80

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
1
I am here to say it's funny how a level 10 wizard can use legendary treasure cards in tcg. Any other treasure cards for that matter. It makes it unfair to people and not even right. I propose that treasure cards cannot be used in ranked pvp matches do to unfairness to other players and not even a match when its a one hit-ko. Many people conplain about it and I hope we wizard101 players could see this banned from ranked pvp. Thank you

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
johnbassjr wrote:
I am here to say it's funny how a level 10 wizard can use legendary treasure cards in tcg. Any other treasure cards for that matter. It makes it unfair to people and not even right. I propose that treasure cards cannot be used in ranked pvp matches do to unfairness to other players and not even a match when its a one hit-ko. Many people conplain about it and I hope we wizard101 players could see this banned from ranked pvp. Thank you


Another rant. You're only complaining because you can't beat someone, you can also use treasure cards and you don't even have to play. Don't like it don't play it. I'll just end my comment here before it becomes rude.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
184
Its seems like low lvl 1v1 pvpers are unskilled players who rely mainly on shortcuts and dirty tricks. The pull out very strong pets epic cards from their main. but don't blame them its the only way they can win. My advice play as high lvl character 1v1 and you will see that the game is more balanced and the players actually have fair strategy and skills.