Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Card Banning in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2010
22
Are we really on the subject about Treasure Cards again? Honestly people Treasure Cards are part of the game the have been here for quite a while so why is this a problem all of a sudden now? If you don't like Treasure cards in pvp then just don't pvp at all, useless comments like these ( If you can even call these real comments) are already ruining the game as it is. So spare us the pointless stuff like this. Please and thank you.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
97
Joshua Starflame on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
This actually brings up something that you could petition KI about as you seem to dislike usage of tc in pvp. You remember the classic tournament mode that KI introduced recently right? One way your request could be interpreted would be to bring the classic mode into another division of ranked pvp. This would allow a compromise between the 2 warring factions of pvp, those that use TC and those that don't. Sound good?
I totally agree! KI should incorporate the tournament options into Ranked PvP since, in my opinion, Ranked PvP has a lot more at stake then Tournaments. I'd love to be able to do a Ranke match where there's no tc, pets and amulets! Just good ol' fashion skill XD

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4118
Joshua Starflame on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
This actually brings up something that you could petition KI about as you seem to dislike usage of tc in pvp. You remember the classic tournament mode that KI introduced recently right? One way your request could be interpreted would be to bring the classic mode into another division of ranked pvp. This would allow a compromise between the 2 warring factions of pvp, those that use TC and those that don't. Sound good?
It's not really fair to anyone. All the TC haters claim that it makes dueling too hard and "unfair". In reality TC are the most fair thing in all of pvp. Everyone of every level can use them and has the same access to them. Making a special ranked division for people who don't want to play by the game rules makes a mockery of the rankings. Why do you want fake rankings? You can't earn Warlord by the rules of the game, so change the rules to suit you?

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
97
Duncan Grimwater on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
Are we really on the subject about Treasure Cards again? Honestly people Treasure Cards are part of the game the have been here for quite a while so why is this a problem all of a sudden now? If you don't like Treasure cards in pvp then just don't pvp at all, useless comments like these ( If you can even call these real comments) are already ruining the game as it is. So spare us the pointless stuff like this. Please and thank you.
Actually, treasure cards first came around to help players against extremely tough bosses. Now, however, they are being manipulated in PvP to give a wizard the upperhand. No I don't PvP, for a list of reasons (not just treasure card abuse), but I used to until I started having to deal with Magus and Master wizards spamming Archmage spells just because they want a one shot kill. Am I saying this is a bad tactic? No. I'm saying it's not how PvP used to be.

And comments like yours show you are probably one of the many types of non-skilled Wizards mentioned above. 'If you don't like Treasure Cards in PvP then don't PvP at all' well maybe you should take your own advice here: If you don't like the comments in the Forums then don't comment at all.

I R.I.P.

Morgrim, Lvl. 81

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4118
Nightblood1995 on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
Actually, treasure cards first came around to help players against extremely tough bosses. Now, however, they are being manipulated in PvP to give a wizard the upperhand. No I don't PvP, for a list of reasons (not just treasure card abuse), but I used to until I started having to deal with Magus and Master wizards spamming Archmage spells just because they want a one shot kill. Am I saying this is a bad tactic? No. I'm saying it's not how PvP used to be.

And comments like yours show you are probably one of the many types of non-skilled Wizards mentioned above. 'If you don't like Treasure Cards in PvP then don't PvP at all' well maybe you should take your own advice here: If you don't like the comments in the Forums then don't comment at all.

I R.I.P.

Morgrim, Lvl. 81
It is IMPOSSIBLE to abuse TC, they are a part of the game and open to every player of every level. The "non-skilled" players here are the ones who CHOOSE not to use them and whine constantly that other players are using the tools that the game gives players. Why are you so afraid of players using weaker versions of spells that you can use just because you are higher level?

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
If Kingsisle made the matching system balanced, there would be no need for treasure cards. As is, though, it is perfectly fair and honorable to use treasure cards. Everyone has the same access to them. Lower level warlords battle much higher level players with lower rating, but better spells. Why should these warlords be denied access to the same spells as their opponents can use? It would become impossible to win without them. As for the separate arena for pvp without treasure cards, I'm going to ask, why? Just why? It is not needed and would make match times increase dramatically. I once saw a great description of posts like this on the message boards: "If kingsisle removed everything that people wanted removed, then all we could use was wand spells." (I'm not sure if that's exactly what the person said, but it gets the idea across.) Just because you are losing, doesn't mean the game has to change. Counter your opponents. Set up a kill solution. Win. With or without treasure cards, this is possible. It simply makes the odds more in your favor to use treasure cards. Everyone has access to them, so it is not unfair, and never will be.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
seethe42 on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
It's not really fair to anyone. All the TC haters claim that it makes dueling too hard and "unfair". In reality TC are the most fair thing in all of pvp. Everyone of every level can use them and has the same access to them. Making a special ranked division for people who don't want to play by the game rules makes a mockery of the rankings. Why do you want fake rankings? You can't earn Warlord by the rules of the game, so change the rules to suit you?
Actually if you read my other posts. I usually try to strike a fine line between the haters and TC users. I was merely suggesting a compromise that would allow these people to not deal with TC and still let others use them. Now if it annoyed you I apologize and for the record... I tend to stay out of the arena, not because of TC(I would be using that), but for other reasons. I agree with you. TC are fair and anyone can use them. All I was doing was just suggesting a compromise. My apologies for being unclear in my previous post.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2010
22
The comment mentioned by Nightblood 1995: Well one I am very skilled for your information (But you wouldn't know that cause you don't know me so let's get that part straight). But can you honestly call someone unskilled when you can't even get over the fact people spam? abuse certain cards? etc. apparently if you can't deal with stuff like this you really can't call someone unskilled. I deal with this all the time and guess what? I still get wins! So what is your point here? Things change (Even though I hate the changes made) I still deal with them so I don't know what kind of comment you just made but it's a waste.

Oh and P.S. I never said I didn't like the comments but I find that there the MAIN reason why this game is flawed beyond belief. :)

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
212
How do you suppose there are low-leveled warlords? Treasure cards are part of the game, even though I really don't like them personally, some others may. But, you can use treasure cards as well as the rest, why not take advantage of the higher damage?

~ Vanessa

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
97
seethe42 on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
It is IMPOSSIBLE to abuse TC, they are a part of the game and open to every player of every level. The "non-skilled" players here are the ones who CHOOSE not to use them and whine constantly that other players are using the tools that the game gives players. Why are you so afraid of players using weaker versions of spells that you can use just because you are higher level?
First off (as I have mentioned above) I DON'T PvP. Non-skilled players don't use them? Funny. I've soloed practically everything and never needed a TC to do it.

Second: I don't PvP because of the fact the PvP has an entirely different style of gameplay that doesn't fit my style of play.

Third: If I was complaining I'd be saying 'ban the TC' or something along those lines when (as I have ALSO mentioned above) I suggested incorporating some of the Tournaments options into Ranked PvP. Where did I say 'TC shouldn't be used, period end of discussion'?

And the statement about 'TC abuse' was not ment to be taken literal. It means that I have seen more TC in PvP than real spells.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
97
Duncan Grimwater on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
The comment mentioned by Nightblood 1995: Well one I am very skilled for your information (But you wouldn't know that cause you don't know me so let's get that part straight). But can you honestly call someone unskilled when you can't even get over the fact people spam? abuse certain cards? etc. apparently if you can't deal with stuff like this you really can't call someone unskilled. I deal with this all the time and guess what? I still get wins! So what is your point here? Things change (Even though I hate the changes made) I still deal with them so I don't know what kind of comment you just made but it's a waste.

Oh and P.S. I never said I didn't like the comments but I find that there the MAIN reason why this game is flawed beyond belief. :)
The game will always be flawed, there will always be complaints. If we didn't have a comments section, nothing would change and eventually KI would begin losing more players than it attracts. So, in all reality, the comments aren't what causes most of the game's flaws.

And, quite frankly, I DON'T deal with that stuff and , guess what?, that's why I specifically said BEFORE you replied that I DON'T PVP. I get on this game to hang with friends and have a good time, not put up with the drama of PvP. Which is why I suggest implementing the option of CLASSIC or NON-CLASSIC PvP, in order to minimize the TC complaints.

Get over the fact people spam? I've gotten over that years ago, as well as the fact that NPCs spam. Does it mean I can't voice my own opinion? No, it doesn't.

Definition of unskilled: When you're an Initiate Diviner spamming nothing but Wild BoltTC or building up for a Leviathan. Now, am I ALL TC users are unskilled? No, I'm not. However there are different types of play styles and when they clash friction is created and emotions run wild.

What I find the MOST annoying in PvP, however, (and THIS is the reason why I quit doing matches) was because of the unfair level matches. I've found myself fighting fellow wizards that were either way above my level and rank, or way below.

And btw I never called you unskilled directly, so please don't take that personally.

And P.S.: No comment is a waste. If you don't speak you'll never be heard, and If you're never heard you won't leave a footprint in the sands of time. Every comment is someone expressing how they feel, and every person has the right to say how they feel.

Have a good day XD (and please don't think I'm yelling or mad because I'm not lol just trying to correct misunderstandings)

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 80

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
97
Vanessa891011 on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
How do you suppose there are low-leveled warlords? Treasure cards are part of the game, even though I really don't like them personally, some others may. But, you can use treasure cards as well as the rest, why not take advantage of the higher damage?

~ Vanessa
In my own personal opinion: I like to test myself and see how skilled I am at my current level with my current spells. How much damage can I do? How much can I take? TC just takes the fun out of PvP (for me that is). I don't like a quick, one sided match. I like fair matches where it's you trying to out maneuver and out think your opponent, not 'kill them on the first turn' tactics.

Like I said: that's just my own personal thought and play style. I used to PvP to see how well I could do in PvE, since players in PvP have more resist and strategy than PvE monsters.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 80

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
97
seethe42 on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
It's not really fair to anyone. All the TC haters claim that it makes dueling too hard and "unfair". In reality TC are the most fair thing in all of pvp. Everyone of every level can use them and has the same access to them. Making a special ranked division for people who don't want to play by the game rules makes a mockery of the rankings. Why do you want fake rankings? You can't earn Warlord by the rules of the game, so change the rules to suit you?
Actually, I would like to point out that not everyone of every level can use any TC. There are TC that require either you being the same school or a Mastery amulet. And making an option for PvPers to PvP in a way that suites their play style isn't a mockery of the Rankings. Quite honestly I'd be more proud being a Warlord knowing I relied soley on the spells I learned then spells I bought in the Bazaar, but then again that's just me.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 80

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
97
Um, may I ask why implementing a Classic PvP option into the Ranked system is a bad thing? It allows players to choose which mode they wish to play based on how their play styles are. If you choose to do normal pvp that allows everything then you know that your opponent will definitely be using TC and such while in Classic you'll know it's all normal spells. It would eliminate the TC complaints, because players would have no reason to complain (except for losing). I just fail to see why implementing an option that makes everyone happy is a bad thing. Can someone enlighten me if I'm missing something here?

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 82

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
Nightblood1995 on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
Um, may I ask why implementing a Classic PvP option into the Ranked system is a bad thing? It allows players to choose which mode they wish to play based on how their play styles are. If you choose to do normal pvp that allows everything then you know that your opponent will definitely be using TC and such while in Classic you'll know it's all normal spells. It would eliminate the TC complaints, because players would have no reason to complain (except for losing). I just fail to see why implementing an option that makes everyone happy is a bad thing. Can someone enlighten me if I'm missing something here?

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 82
I don't think it's a bad idea. In fact that's one of the compromises I have suggested before. However one complaint to that effect that I received would be that someone claimed it was false ratings.. Other than that I've seen no complaints to it. It does offer a choice between the 2 play styles however I believe there would still be complaints about normal because people would still go in there and complain about TC, spamming, and all sorts of other things.. for the TC we could just say go to classic but other complaints are another story. I see your point and I don't think you're missing anything.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2010
22
To Nightblood 1995: Well, one I said that the comments are the Main reason why the game is flawed, I never said they were the ONLY reason '3'. Second, where in my comments did I say you couldn't have your own voice of opinion? I may figure "Some comments are a waste," But how does that even mean you can't voice in anyway possible just think for a moment :). Are you giving someone the definition of unskilled?
last time I checked there was the ACTUAL definition lol, so really if it's not something you do or like in the game it's considered unskilled is apparently what you just said. And why do some tc users have to be unskilled? Tc cards make everyone stronger and who doesn't want that? They even told you in game tc cards could make you a stronger wizard so really to deny us or anyone tc is wrong and unfair to anyone :)
Btw I read some of your other commets about being a warlord a testing yourself. How many people do you think have had to deal with using there own spells?<----- That's not much challenging yourself to be honest lol, I've done that in 1st age ranked pvp got just as good a wins as with tc. Also I looked up the definition of the real unskilled for you :P (not having or requiring special skill or training)< which doesn't even apply to me whatsoever lol so your definition of unskilled is out the door. Alright "Unfair matches"<---- XD who quits the cause of that? you can deal with spammers but not some higher level wizard that could beat you much faster? that makes total sense, if you so called had the "skills" you could at least beat some of them.
P.S. even if you didn't comment on about me being unskilled directly you still don't have a right to say it if you still don't know these people in the first place lol.

Alright everyone I'm Duncan Grimwater, Veteran in pvp( could be higher but you know questing and such for better gear). and all I can say is do your best and go out there and have fun in pvp cause people it's just a game :P

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Nightblood1995 on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
Um, may I ask why implementing a Classic PvP option into the Ranked system is a bad thing? It allows players to choose which mode they wish to play based on how their play styles are. If you choose to do normal pvp that allows everything then you know that your opponent will definitely be using TC and such while in Classic you'll know it's all normal spells. It would eliminate the TC complaints, because players would have no reason to complain (except for losing). I just fail to see why implementing an option that makes everyone happy is a bad thing. Can someone enlighten me if I'm missing something here?

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 82
If a classic ranked pvp option was implemented, the pvp community would be cut down the middle. Match wait times would become significantly longer, and the wait times are already quite long in 3v3, 4v4, and sometimes even 2v2 and 1v1. Just because a few people lose to something they have access to but choose not to get, does not mean that Kingsisle should change the whole system and waste time and money they could be using for more important things.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4118
Nightblood1995 on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
Um, may I ask why implementing a Classic PvP option into the Ranked system is a bad thing? It allows players to choose which mode they wish to play based on how their play styles are. If you choose to do normal pvp that allows everything then you know that your opponent will definitely be using TC and such while in Classic you'll know it's all normal spells. It would eliminate the TC complaints, because players would have no reason to complain (except for losing). I just fail to see why implementing an option that makes everyone happy is a bad thing. Can someone enlighten me if I'm missing something here?

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 82
First off, not using TC's isn't proof of skill, just lack of intelligence. A skilled player uses all the tools a game gives them. The problem with making ranked battles separate like that is the ranking. You are giving same ranks for different rules. It's kinda like letting little league teams compete for the World Series, just because they have the wins. You can't have two separate systems with different rules and the same ranking system.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
97
Well I see your points, and I understand. However, I don't like using TC mainly because I'm not going to waste my gold on something I can only use once when I can put it towards more important stuff such as gear, gardening spells, etc. But that's just me. And I think my post was in the edit stage when you replied the second time Seethe lol I don't see where it says 'TC users have no skill'. I've come out of that mind set after giving it a try.

With that said, however, waiting for a longer match would be a new problem but I must disagree on the 'fake Rankings' part. I don't feel people the minority should conform to the majority, and earning your Rank by using a system that takes out TC would actually prove to be beneficial. You'll be restricted to using your learned spells, so it will show how well you've mastered your own given school.

Again, I apologize if I somewhere mentioned TC users have no skill, because that's not entirely true. (Though spamming Wild Bolt when you're like an Initiate Diviner is a good tactic, you gotta admit there's no skill in spamming a 'luck' spell. That's just, well, luck lol)

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl 83

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
97
Duncan Grimwater on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
To Nightblood 1995: Well, one I said that the comments are the Main reason why the game is flawed, I never said they were the ONLY reason '3'. Second, where in my comments did I say you couldn't have your own voice of opinion? I may figure "Some comments are a waste," But how does that even mean you can't voice in anyway possible just think for a moment :). Are you giving someone the definition of unskilled?
last time I checked there was the ACTUAL definition lol, so really if it's not something you do or like in the game it's considered unskilled is apparently what you just said. And why do some tc users have to be unskilled? Tc cards make everyone stronger and who doesn't want that? They even told you in game tc cards could make you a stronger wizard so really to deny us or anyone tc is wrong and unfair to anyone :)
Btw I read some of your other commets about being a warlord a testing yourself. How many people do you think have had to deal with using there own spells?<----- That's not much challenging yourself to be honest lol, I've done that in 1st age ranked pvp got just as good a wins as with tc. Also I looked up the definition of the real unskilled for you :P (not having or requiring special skill or training)< which doesn't even apply to me whatsoever lol so your definition of unskilled is out the door. Alright "Unfair matches"<---- XD who quits the cause of that? you can deal with spammers but not some higher level wizard that could beat you much faster? that makes total sense, if you so called had the "skills" you could at least beat some of them.
P.S. even if you didn't comment on about me being unskilled directly you still don't have a right to say it if you still don't know these people in the first place lol.

Alright everyone I'm Duncan Grimwater, Veteran in pvp( could be higher but you know questing and such for better gear). and all I can say is do your best and go out there and have fun in pvp cause people it's just a game :P
I think you are overlooking the MULTIPLE times I said I DON'T PvP. And btw I quit PvP years ago when it started going downhill. As for dealing with higher level characters my friends are all Prometheans and I practice duel them all the time. I know how to get around the Shrike, Sentinel, and Seraph forms I just don't like fighting them ALL the time. I PvP for fun, and the unfair matches (not to mention rude players) ruined it for me. Everyone has their reasons to stop doing something, I shouldn't have to justify that much.

"Deal with" using their own spells? You make it sound like most PvPers don't like using their own spells, which idk if that was a mistake or not. I gave a good example of unskilled and you're also overlooking that: An Initiate Diviner spamming Wild Bolt when it's a 'luck' spell based entirely on luck. Now if they spammed like Kraken or something else that would be a completely different story.

I never even SUGGESTED taking away or denying players TC, my very first post on here was implementing the classic pvp option into the Ranked system so as to eliminate the TC complaints. I am trying to think of others and not myself, since (and I will say this AGAIN so you get it) I DON'T PVP. Don't have to, don't want to, the only times I do are 2v2 with my best friend and even then I don't care how the match turns out.

And I know the definitely of unskilled, I'm an author by trade. Hmm, spamming Wild Bolt as an Initiate Diviner.......where is the 'special skill or training' in that? That is a TACTIC not a SKILL. Don't mix up the two. There is also a thing called paraphrasing a definition, which is what I did with the definition of 'unskilled'. Simply put: Unskilled means you lack the effort. Everything everyone is skilled at requires effort, whether it be my writing or a PvPer timing exactly when to use Sirens. No effort=no skill.

Who quits because of unfair matches? A LOT of PvPers. I have many friends and every single one of them have quit the arena because they got tired of getting pitted against a wizard that's 15-20 lvls higher than them, and at our levels there's no TC for Avenging Fossil or Shadow Magic (though I do know how to get around every Shadow spell).

Quite honestly I've used TC, mainly Beguile and Dryad, and the only reason I don't like using them is because I have better things to spend my gold on. A Dryad and Beguile is roughly 2,000 gold, now multiply that by 5 and there's 10,000 gold that could of been saved for hatching/gear/gardening spells/other things I find more important.

Read carefully before you decide to respond.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl 83

P.S.: The comments aren't the main reason the game's flawed, PvP is why it's flawed. Elucidate and Simplify spells used to exist and so did 2 Power Pip wands, but then PvPers complained and that was the end of those wonderful ideas.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2010
22
Again to Nightblood1995: Ok, first off where in my recent comment did I say you did pvp or not? nowhere was it ever implied or even spoken of :p. I can understand the point about the rude players and junk ill have to give you that, and also you make it seem like I have some sort of problem with you not playing anymore cause of unfair matches and also the rude players, which isn't even the case just feel like it's a little overboard since the rude player thing has been going on for a long time now, obviously that's just me obviously there are people who can't deal with things as easily as me. Second how do I make it sound like pvp people don't like using their own spells? cause I talk about using Treasure cards a lot oh boy! I'm not saying that's not a good idea or anything just use your regular that's fine with most people but, what I am trying to say Treasure will give you that extra edge is what you fail to see obviously lol, if people wanna use their own deck and not tc that's them :P. Also, how is spamming wild bolt different from spamming anything else? Number wild bolt isn't too much luck due to the fact of enchants high damage boost and so on, so really it's actually over half when you consider people using a weak spell like storm snake and getting a huge damage so how does this make sense?<----- and even then you made spamming seem like an issue but, right it's ok to spam kraken though? lol ok. Ok tatic<(or another synonym for it would be strategy) and skill go hand in hand. Plus he/she got the spell by using training points so technically that would be special training not to mention someone could have taught that one person to use it a lot so he/she wouldn't waste a ton of pips so really again they go hand which is using the skills he knows already and what he/ she had been taught so again they go hand in hand.
I would make further comments but, I am quite tired today so.
P.S. you should probably be the one who should read more carefully :) chow.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
97
Duncan Grimwater on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
Again to Nightblood1995: Ok, first off where in my recent comment did I say you did pvp or not? nowhere was it ever implied or even spoken of :p. I can understand the point about the rude players and junk ill have to give you that, and also you make it seem like I have some sort of problem with you not playing anymore cause of unfair matches and also the rude players, which isn't even the case just feel like it's a little overboard since the rude player thing has been going on for a long time now, obviously that's just me obviously there are people who can't deal with things as easily as me. Second how do I make it sound like pvp people don't like using their own spells? cause I talk about using Treasure cards a lot oh boy! I'm not saying that's not a good idea or anything just use your regular that's fine with most people but, what I am trying to say Treasure will give you that extra edge is what you fail to see obviously lol, if people wanna use their own deck and not tc that's them :P. Also, how is spamming wild bolt different from spamming anything else? Number wild bolt isn't too much luck due to the fact of enchants high damage boost and so on, so really it's actually over half when you consider people using a weak spell like storm snake and getting a huge damage so how does this make sense?<----- and even then you made spamming seem like an issue but, right it's ok to spam kraken though? lol ok. Ok tatic<(or another synonym for it would be strategy) and skill go hand in hand. Plus he/she got the spell by using training points so technically that would be special training not to mention someone could have taught that one person to use it a lot so he/she wouldn't waste a ton of pips so really again they go hand which is using the skills he knows already and what he/ she had been taught so again they go hand in hand.
I would make further comments but, I am quite tired today so.
P.S. you should probably be the one who should read more carefully :) chow.
Ok first off Tactics/Strategy are not related to Skill, synonyms are not definitions. So let me put it this way: since tactic and skill go hand in hand, our troops rely on skill rather than sitting down to implement a systematic approach to a given problem? That is the definition of tactic: to exploit a given idea or strategy (I'm not going to be rude and look up an actual definition). Skill requires special training, which like I said, requires effort. Tactic and Skill are not synonyms at all. And before you even try to correct me on this I served, so I know the difference. A Tactic is devised so one can use their Skill to their utmost highest potential. Tactic: you sit down and think of a plan. Skill: you use whatever teachings you have to carry out that plan. Your persistence to try to 'teach' me what these words mean is insulting, since like I said I'm an author by trade and work with words 24/7. Though they may be similar, they are not exact. You're trying to compare a red apple to a green apple, they may be fruit, they may be apples, but they also have major differences. (This is an analogy, before you try arguing you said nothing about fruit) I R.I.P. on that topic.

Um, reread my last comment when I asked about you stating pvp people not enjoy using their own spells. I ALSO stated I didn't know if that was a mistake or not, clearly meaning I was confused by that comment. Instead of taking it as a means to combat me, it would of be wise to clarify what you meant there.

Wild Bolt as well as Insane Bolt and Healing Current don't have a set or fixed rate, meaning it can constantly hit low, medium, or high. Enchants don't affect if a Wild Bolt will always hit max or low (same with Healing Current) and doesn't affect whether or not you'll hit your opponent with Insane Bolt (yes, I know it's banned, it's an EXAMPLE)

And spamming something other than a luck spell (like mentioned above) gives your opponent more of an idea as to what kind of damage they'll be taking, so yes there IS a difference. You cast Wild Bolt and your opponent is sitting there chewing on their finger nails without of a clue as to how hard they will be hit. (And above I mentioned an Initiate Diviner spamming Wild Bolt, so clearly I'm talking about a TC since it's a spell given at the end of Marleybone to Storm students, which means your comment on the Enchants was not entirely justified)

The reason I kept repeating I don't pvp is because you kept comparing me to you, which is wrong and not helping your case.

And lol I never stated anywhere I had a problem with TC. I never said 'Ban them, get rid of them, etc etc.' I originally suggested implementing the Classic PvP option into Ranked PvP. How is that hating on TC?

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 85

P.S: Before you start taking certain points in my comment LITERALLY you should try searching for underlying meanings. And again: I'm not trying to sound rude or nothing, just a friendly debate.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
97
Duncan Grimwater on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
Again to Nightblood1995: Ok, first off where in my recent comment did I say you did pvp or not? nowhere was it ever implied or even spoken of :p. I can understand the point about the rude players and junk ill have to give you that, and also you make it seem like I have some sort of problem with you not playing anymore cause of unfair matches and also the rude players, which isn't even the case just feel like it's a little overboard since the rude player thing has been going on for a long time now, obviously that's just me obviously there are people who can't deal with things as easily as me. Second how do I make it sound like pvp people don't like using their own spells? cause I talk about using Treasure cards a lot oh boy! I'm not saying that's not a good idea or anything just use your regular that's fine with most people but, what I am trying to say Treasure will give you that extra edge is what you fail to see obviously lol, if people wanna use their own deck and not tc that's them :P. Also, how is spamming wild bolt different from spamming anything else? Number wild bolt isn't too much luck due to the fact of enchants high damage boost and so on, so really it's actually over half when you consider people using a weak spell like storm snake and getting a huge damage so how does this make sense?<----- and even then you made spamming seem like an issue but, right it's ok to spam kraken though? lol ok. Ok tatic<(or another synonym for it would be strategy) and skill go hand in hand. Plus he/she got the spell by using training points so technically that would be special training not to mention someone could have taught that one person to use it a lot so he/she wouldn't waste a ton of pips so really again they go hand which is using the skills he knows already and what he/ she had been taught so again they go hand in hand.
I would make further comments but, I am quite tired today so.
P.S. you should probably be the one who should read more carefully :) chow.
And you can't buy Wild Bolt with training points btw it's given as a Storm Only spell after completing Marleybone or bought as a TC, so yes there's no skill in that (unless you're storm and worked through Marleybone to GET the spell).

The ending to your point of view confused me, since you were tired I can understand the run on sentences. But ya, I already clarified Tactic and Skill, so I won't beat a dead horse.

I apologize for the double post, I missed a key point that I meant to address in my main post.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 85

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Joshua Starflame on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
This actually brings up something that you could petition KI about as you seem to dislike usage of tc in pvp. You remember the classic tournament mode that KI introduced recently right? One way your request could be interpreted would be to bring the classic mode into another division of ranked pvp. This would allow a compromise between the 2 warring factions of pvp, those that use TC and those that don't. Sound good?
Yes it does sound good.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Duncan Grimwater on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
Are we really on the subject about Treasure Cards again? Honestly people Treasure Cards are part of the game the have been here for quite a while so why is this a problem all of a sudden now? If you don't like Treasure cards in pvp then just don't pvp at all, useless comments like these ( If you can even call these real comments) are already ruining the game as it is. So spare us the pointless stuff like this. Please and thank you.
I des agree with you. About that