Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Card Banning in PvP

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Wolf Skullslinger on Feb 24, 2014 wrote:
You realize that 34 resistance is how much WW gear gave Ice right? I just want to point that out Ice was super underpowered in the age of WW gear.
Amy my balance wizards waterworks outfit has a resistance of 28.

Do you know if waterworks gear got updated? Can you tell me if you found out.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
stormninja542 on Feb 23, 2014 wrote:
What are you talking about? I'm saying that you made a false report and you can't easily get away with it. I have no idea how tc and "fairness" came out of this.
We are pass that ok. My balance is just trying to get better resistance and she can't get when she fight a warlord that uses tc cards. It not a really fair for her to fight nights or warlords because they have better resistance then she have. If she had a better resistance she wouldn't be doing rank pvp. And she is already under private by unfair fights. And yes she does call warlords tc warlords.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
8
Being an old timer ive been through the evolution of pvp and treasure cards have always been around. Everyone has their opinion but pvping is based on strategy. It takes a certain mindset and skills to pvp and if your gonna sit and file complaints on treasure cards which instead you could be creating a strategy based on your school and spells to win then I dont really show sympathy towards you. I dont feel sorry solely because there are thousands of people per each school who can overcome TC's so why cant you? Is it perhaps laziness? With that said i quit pvp 3 years ago because i infact am too lazy to create a strategy and simply im not good at it, but maybe that is also the path for all the people that complain. It doesnt seem fair because pvp should be for everyone but it is entirely fair because its based on your outlook of it. Everyone should stop bashing each others opinions and just face the facts that treasure cards have been in pvp for years and with the right mindset are quite easy to overcome. Goodluck wizards

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
97
kymma shadow on Feb 25, 2014 wrote:
Amy my balance wizards waterworks outfit has a resistance of 28.

Do you know if waterworks gear got updated? Can you tell me if you found out.
The updated Waterworks gear is the defensive Hades set, which is only available from Tartarus from Level 90 and up. If you want an updated WW set, Hades is the way to go. There is both an offensive and defensive set you can get from him, you just need to farm him till he drops it. Which is exactly what my friends and I are doing right now.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 90

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
kymma shadow on Feb 25, 2014 wrote:
We are pass that ok. My balance is just trying to get better resistance and she can't get when she fight a warlord that uses tc cards. It not a really fair for her to fight nights or warlords because they have better resistance then she have. If she had a better resistance she wouldn't be doing rank pvp. And she is already under private by unfair fights. And yes she does call warlords tc warlords.
These players with better resistance than you will have lower health, less damage, and fewer cards. If you use these facts to your advantage, you will be able to win many more matches than you lose. If you really want better resistance, try getting the jade gear from the keeper's lore pack. Even at level 60, or whichever level you are, I would assume it gives better resist than the waterworks gear.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
kymma shadow on Feb 25, 2014 wrote:
We are pass that ok. My balance is just trying to get better resistance and she can't get when she fight a warlord that uses tc cards. It not a really fair for her to fight nights or warlords because they have better resistance then she have. If she had a better resistance she wouldn't be doing rank pvp. And she is already under private by unfair fights. And yes she does call warlords tc warlords.
The reason why your balance fights warlord is because they are a lower lvl and therefore the match making system thinks it's fair. Resistance or stats has nothing to do with who you get paired up with, it's all in the rank and lvl. If she had better resist why wouldn't she be doing ranked pvp? Sorry kinda confused there. If you are having trouble ranking up then try getting better gear and using tc. Sometimes you gotta take action to get what you want instead of asking KI to do it for you.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
kymma shadow on Feb 25, 2014 wrote:
Amy my balance wizards waterworks outfit has a resistance of 28.

Do you know if waterworks gear got updated? Can you tell me if you found out.
Waterworks itself has not been updated no. But the "new" sets of gear are crafted from Zafaria through Azteca, and the defensive Hades set. For a long time I still used my WW boots on my Ice, then I finally bought some new ones, but if you're going for better stats than Waterworks I'd go with crafted or the defensive Hades set.

Wolf Skullslinger

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
Warlord or not, KI has designed the game to use TC's, no question about it.
Why would anyone want to go into PVP and limit themselves to no Treasure cards is
beyond me.

TC's are desinged for many things, and to not use them limits certain Wizard to an
immediate loss in PvP if second, imo.
Warlord or Not,,, it does not matter, TC are needed at any level.
Yes it cost gold to make or purchase TC, and yes you need to farm to
get gold. If you put the extra time into the game, you are rewared with the option
to purchase or make TC.

If I put the extra time in the game, I deserve to have an edge in PVP. If you
don't want to put in the time, then you deserve to lose the edge in the battle.
If you put in less time or don't understand the game and PVP, should we be given
the same odds to win the match?

Sorry, for all those that complain that TC's should be removed, or limited in
PVP, I have to disagree.
There is no reason at all to limit or to remove TC's from PVP.

Plus People need to get over the idea that they will win every match if TC were removed...
it won't happen in 99.9 percent of the cases.....

Learn to use and make TC like all the other players do, it will make you a better player
in PVP and in PVE.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
Veracity8 on Feb 28, 2014 wrote:
Warlord or not, KI has designed the game to use TC's, no question about it.
Why would anyone want to go into PVP and limit themselves to no Treasure cards is
beyond me.

TC's are desinged for many things, and to not use them limits certain Wizard to an
immediate loss in PvP if second, imo.
Warlord or Not,,, it does not matter, TC are needed at any level.
Yes it cost gold to make or purchase TC, and yes you need to farm to
get gold. If you put the extra time into the game, you are rewared with the option
to purchase or make TC.

If I put the extra time in the game, I deserve to have an edge in PVP. If you
don't want to put in the time, then you deserve to lose the edge in the battle.
If you put in less time or don't understand the game and PVP, should we be given
the same odds to win the match?

Sorry, for all those that complain that TC's should be removed, or limited in
PVP, I have to disagree.
There is no reason at all to limit or to remove TC's from PVP.

Plus People need to get over the idea that they will win every match if TC were removed...
it won't happen in 99.9 percent of the cases.....

Learn to use and make TC like all the other players do, it will make you a better player
in PVP and in PVE.
Veracity, I agree with you 101% percent.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Veracity8 on Feb 28, 2014 wrote:
Warlord or not, KI has designed the game to use TC's, no question about it.
Why would anyone want to go into PVP and limit themselves to no Treasure cards is
beyond me.

TC's are desinged for many things, and to not use them limits certain Wizard to an
immediate loss in PvP if second, imo.
Warlord or Not,,, it does not matter, TC are needed at any level.
Yes it cost gold to make or purchase TC, and yes you need to farm to
get gold. If you put the extra time into the game, you are rewared with the option
to purchase or make TC.

If I put the extra time in the game, I deserve to have an edge in PVP. If you
don't want to put in the time, then you deserve to lose the edge in the battle.
If you put in less time or don't understand the game and PVP, should we be given
the same odds to win the match?

Sorry, for all those that complain that TC's should be removed, or limited in
PVP, I have to disagree.
There is no reason at all to limit or to remove TC's from PVP.

Plus People need to get over the idea that they will win every match if TC were removed...
it won't happen in 99.9 percent of the cases.....

Learn to use and make TC like all the other players do, it will make you a better player
in PVP and in PVE.
Thank you. Finally, someone that agrees with me that no treasure cards will not help the average private. Skill helps; treasure cards are a complement to skill.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
175
I've nver really had much issue with treasure cards, but I don't low level pvp very much. I can understand though frustration about high level treasure cards in low level pvp. It's just silly. You shouldn't be allowed to cast spells until you're a certain level. Period. Example: Storm shark - Nobody under Level 10 can use any variation of this card. Basilisk - Nobody under Level 68 can use any variation of this card. This will make people not be so cheap in low level pvp.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
ViciousVenomousVix... on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
I've nver really had much issue with treasure cards, but I don't low level pvp very much. I can understand though frustration about high level treasure cards in low level pvp. It's just silly. You shouldn't be allowed to cast spells until you're a certain level. Period. Example: Storm shark - Nobody under Level 10 can use any variation of this card. Basilisk - Nobody under Level 68 can use any variation of this card. This will make people not be so cheap in low level pvp.
I understand your opinion about tc but If you think of it from others' perspective then hopefully you may think tc is fair after all. On many posts Aaron has talked about his lvl 50 overlord vs promethean wizards. Warlord or not, a lvl 50 wiz vs a lvl 90 is just unfair. Period. My lvl 22 ice overlord vs lvl 40+ warlords. That seems pretty unfair if you ask me. People who complain about tc are most-likely to be higher lvl privates who lost to an overlord 20 levels below them. Now that may seem wrong to most, but people forget that when you enter a ranked match ANYTHING can happen. Either player can win or lose, it's not an automatic win for one person just because their lvl is higher or because one has tc. If tc is taken away from pvp any low lvl who vs someone 20+ levels above them will lose almost all the time. Now ask yourself, is it right for that to happen? And finally, everyone can use tc. Putting tc in your deck is like preparing for pvp just as someone would equip their pvp gear or pvp deck. To everyone who believes tc is unfair, please listen to what others' have to say about tc and consider whether or not you still believe tc is unfair or not.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
ViciousVenomousVix... on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
I've nver really had much issue with treasure cards, but I don't low level pvp very much. I can understand though frustration about high level treasure cards in low level pvp. It's just silly. You shouldn't be allowed to cast spells until you're a certain level. Period. Example: Storm shark - Nobody under Level 10 can use any variation of this card. Basilisk - Nobody under Level 68 can use any variation of this card. This will make people not be so cheap in low level pvp.
That defeats the entire purpose of treasure cards. If you are high enough level to learn the spell, you wouldn't be using the TC version of it. All this talk is just higher level wizards with no skill who are mad about being beaten by low level wizards who out played them.

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
114
I love tc just as much as the next guy. Strangely enough, I also hate tc just as much. I use tc for monster enchantments, weaknesses, infections, tower shields, and auras. I don't mind so much with my level 60 ice (that was when I ranked him), but I really don't like that you can use the second arc spells at level 10. The minimum level should be about 50 because the game introduces a whole new type of game play. Same with level 90 and shadow magic.

This is why KI needs to introduce "classic" pvp, just like in tournaments. The people that love tc can keep them; likewise the people who hate tc, pets, or don't want to spend the time to farm gold to get tc, can pvp without them.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
ViciousVenomousVix... on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
I've nver really had much issue with treasure cards, but I don't low level pvp very much. I can understand though frustration about high level treasure cards in low level pvp. It's just silly. You shouldn't be allowed to cast spells until you're a certain level. Period. Example: Storm shark - Nobody under Level 10 can use any variation of this card. Basilisk - Nobody under Level 68 can use any variation of this card. This will make people not be so cheap in low level pvp.
Man from room V,

Let me explain it this way, try defeating a Level 10 player that has full PVP gear, with 55% resist.
The Spells at Level 10 cannot damage him fast enough, you have to have TC to do enough damage.
That is the point, and KI knows this is the case, that is why they cannot take out TC from low
level PvP.
The people that ask for them to be removed, don't know this, and that is why they ask.

Even if they are using Basilisk, the person across from them can use weakness, shields,
the aura that decease the damage over four rounds, dispels, etc, etc. Most set up their defense before
they go on the attack. It could be those that don't know how to defend themselves are the ones
that are complaining, I don't know. What I do know is that if you remove TC from low level PvP,
then Warlords can no longer play PvP. It will leave a Warlord with gear, no way to kill another
Warlord with gear, pet, etc.

Haven't they earned the right to PvP more or just as much as someone just starting Pvp?

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
stormninja542 on Feb 25, 2014 wrote:
The reason why your balance fights warlord is because they are a lower lvl and therefore the match making system thinks it's fair. Resistance or stats has nothing to do with who you get paired up with, it's all in the rank and lvl. If she had better resist why wouldn't she be doing ranked pvp? Sorry kinda confused there. If you are having trouble ranking up then try getting better gear and using tc. Sometimes you gotta take action to get what you want instead of asking KI to do it for you.
Not getting really much tc warlords now since my balance wizard added a few of them.

Now it just nights that she play. With a few warlords she get to fight are trying to lose rank in rank pvp so she try to quick join to get to fight them. They are trying to lose on purpose the warlords.

I hope the warlords like the nickname TC warlords.

And sorry can't stop saying TC warlords.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Wolf Skullslinger on Feb 25, 2014 wrote:
Waterworks itself has not been updated no. But the "new" sets of gear are crafted from Zafaria through Azteca, and the defensive Hades set. For a long time I still used my WW boots on my Ice, then I finally bought some new ones, but if you're going for better stats than Waterworks I'd go with crafted or the defensive Hades set.

Wolf Skullslinger
Does Avalon have a good outfit for resistance?

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Veracity8 on Feb 28, 2014 wrote:
Warlord or not, KI has designed the game to use TC's, no question about it.
Why would anyone want to go into PVP and limit themselves to no Treasure cards is
beyond me.

TC's are desinged for many things, and to not use them limits certain Wizard to an
immediate loss in PvP if second, imo.
Warlord or Not,,, it does not matter, TC are needed at any level.
Yes it cost gold to make or purchase TC, and yes you need to farm to
get gold. If you put the extra time into the game, you are rewared with the option
to purchase or make TC.

If I put the extra time in the game, I deserve to have an edge in PVP. If you
don't want to put in the time, then you deserve to lose the edge in the battle.
If you put in less time or don't understand the game and PVP, should we be given
the same odds to win the match?

Sorry, for all those that complain that TC's should be removed, or limited in
PVP, I have to disagree.
There is no reason at all to limit or to remove TC's from PVP.

Plus People need to get over the idea that they will win every match if TC were removed...
it won't happen in 99.9 percent of the cases.....

Learn to use and make TC like all the other players do, it will make you a better player
in PVP and in PVE.
Sorry i disagree about that I will show you when my death wizards has the waterworks outfit.

That you don't need tc cards to win and the tc warlords need to stop calling people noobs.

Each time my balance wizard went in there the first 10 times was to get health back and earn the tickets.

But tc jugdement is not stronger then the star upgraded spell. So you are wrong about tc cards the winng card spell.

And my balance wizard will trade hers tc what she gets from questing so the tc warlord want have to waist there gold anymore on tc card in the bazaar.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
129
ineedacuppatea on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
I totally agree with you. I'm a private and get pared with veterans who only win because they use super high level tcs to beat their opponent. I was a knight in the first age, and did pvp in the old days way before celestia. It used to be fun, but now people just buy the most expensive tcs they can find and don't even use their own cards. Pvp isn't as fun as it was before.

As for mean people, don't let them get you down girl!

-Maria Fireshard
I remember those days. Critical hit and block totally ruined it. I have a post about that called: Given up PVP?

Marcus Suncrafter, level 67.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
129
Luke Spritehammer on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
Not only did they just unfairly win by using only treasure cards but those people are technically making threats to post you online. That is cyber bullying and an infringement of privacy... Anyway, I think treasure cards should be banned from PvP because you should only use cards you worked for in my opinion.

Luke Spritehammer- Level 66 Legendary in Zafaria
I know, i'm quoting a lot of comments, but I agree with a lot of them. That is cyber bullying, and it's way wrong, I hope you reported them Brooke (topic author), because in my view, those boys were cyber bullying and being sexist.

Marcus Suncrafter, level 67, and still in Celestia for some reason, lol

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
129
kymma shadow on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
Please do this so us non tc user can get ranked up on ranked pvp.

If you can't please gives the waterworks gear resistance to 34 resistance.
They should, and it should be called "Fair and Honorable Warlord"

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
kymma shadow on Mar 2, 2014 wrote:
Sorry i disagree about that I will show you when my death wizards has the waterworks outfit.

That you don't need tc cards to win and the tc warlords need to stop calling people noobs.

Each time my balance wizard went in there the first 10 times was to get health back and earn the tickets.

But tc jugdement is not stronger then the star upgraded spell. So you are wrong about tc cards the winng card spell.

And my balance wizard will trade hers tc what she gets from questing so the tc warlord want have to waist there gold anymore on tc card in the bazaar.
Well Kymma how do you know tc warlords don't need tc to win if you don't have one? Seems to me that you are assuming we can beat people double our lvl without tc. Not all warlords call people noobs and if you don't want to be called one then stop calling us tc warlord or "fake warlord."

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
wanted468 on Mar 2, 2014 wrote:
They should, and it should be called "Fair and Honorable Warlord"
There is nothing either "Fair" or "Honorable" about leaving part of your arsenal at home. I've met players on both sides of this old argument that are both and neither. The only behavior I would ascribe those attributes to would be players who are polite and friendly, win or lose. It has nothing to do with whether they choose to use TC or not. There's nothing unfair or dishonorable about playing the game with the tools and rules laid out by the game. I have met just as many rude and abusive PvP players who don't use TC and those you do use them.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
kymma shadow on Mar 2, 2014 wrote:
Sorry i disagree about that I will show you when my death wizards has the waterworks outfit.

That you don't need tc cards to win and the tc warlords need to stop calling people noobs.

Each time my balance wizard went in there the first 10 times was to get health back and earn the tickets.

But tc jugdement is not stronger then the star upgraded spell. So you are wrong about tc cards the winng card spell.

And my balance wizard will trade hers tc what she gets from questing so the tc warlord want have to waist there gold anymore on tc card in the bazaar.
The average high-level Warlord typically only uses TC enchants, and maybe infects (or is that just me?). And if you want Warlords to stop calling people noobs, privates need to stop calling Warlords TC noobs. Its an endless chain of accusations. And that is not true, up until the last enchant, full pip TC judgement does MORE than a full pip enchanted judgement..soo that's a thing.

Wolf Skullslinger

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
Wolf Skullslinger on Mar 3, 2014 wrote:
The average high-level Warlord typically only uses TC enchants, and maybe infects (or is that just me?). And if you want Warlords to stop calling people noobs, privates need to stop calling Warlords TC noobs. Its an endless chain of accusations. And that is not true, up until the last enchant, full pip TC judgement does MORE than a full pip enchanted judgement..soo that's a thing.

Wolf Skullslinger
Exactly lol.