Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Card Banning in PvP

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
I now only call warlords TC warlords. It a nickname I give them.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
My balance wizard is trying to get out of Avalon she doing side quest right now but she could use help but she doesn't like using tc cards she like trading it better she going to try to get out Avalon and her name is Amy and I know there better boots in aztecal that has resistance.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
There should be another rank pvp for rank so I want have to do false reports anymore.

Or the shout give waterworks a little better resistance. And the nickname stays with those warlords that use tc cards. TC. Warlord is there nickname forever.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
28
you seem to hate people complaining about treasure cards, but I find your post to be just ignorant, complaining about the complainers isn't going to do nothing. and most of the people complaining about treasure cards have the right to complain. you have no idea how many people make pvp boring. buying and using treasure cards isn't fun. I'd much rather use actual skill and use the spells I have actually worked for. so many people think they're good just because they can tc tower shield a few times with a tc triton. at low level there isn't any way to stop that. doing that stratigy isn't fun, so why are they doing it? just to show off? to a bunch of little kids on a video game.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
28
stormninja542 on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
I understand your opinion about tc but If you think of it from others' perspective then hopefully you may think tc is fair after all. On many posts Aaron has talked about his lvl 50 overlord vs promethean wizards. Warlord or not, a lvl 50 wiz vs a lvl 90 is just unfair. Period. My lvl 22 ice overlord vs lvl 40+ warlords. That seems pretty unfair if you ask me. People who complain about tc are most-likely to be higher lvl privates who lost to an overlord 20 levels below them. Now that may seem wrong to most, but people forget that when you enter a ranked match ANYTHING can happen. Either player can win or lose, it's not an automatic win for one person just because their lvl is higher or because one has tc. If tc is taken away from pvp any low lvl who vs someone 20+ levels above them will lose almost all the time. Now ask yourself, is it right for that to happen? And finally, everyone can use tc. Putting tc in your deck is like preparing for pvp just as someone would equip their pvp gear or pvp deck. To everyone who believes tc is unfair, please listen to what others' have to say about tc and consider whether or not you still believe tc is unfair or not.
I'm a level 82 warlord, 2 days ago I was put up against a level 50. I asked him several questions wandering why the system would match him up with me. he was in the top 10 on the leaderboard for 2nd age pvp. and I only won because I was going first. he was vs me because he is good and deserves to be up against higher levels. the matching system isn't flawed, and if it was Ambrose would be doing his checking into it.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
AutumnJ23 on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:
I'm a level 82 warlord, 2 days ago I was put up against a level 50. I asked him several questions wandering why the system would match him up with me. he was in the top 10 on the leaderboard for 2nd age pvp. and I only won because I was going first. he was vs me because he is good and deserves to be up against higher levels. the matching system isn't flawed, and if it was Ambrose would be doing his checking into it.
Agreed, nice point.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
AutumnJ23 on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:
I'm a level 82 warlord, 2 days ago I was put up against a level 50. I asked him several questions wandering why the system would match him up with me. he was in the top 10 on the leaderboard for 2nd age pvp. and I only won because I was going first. he was vs me because he is good and deserves to be up against higher levels. the matching system isn't flawed, and if it was Ambrose would be doing his checking into it.
I am still not convinced that lvl 20 overlords should vs lvl 40 commanders and warlords and lvl 50 overlords vs lvl 80 warlords or 90-95 or warlords. I am not saying warlords should not be paired up with higher levels but I am saying there needs to be a LIMIT. I have seen the most ridiculous matches where a lvl 50 overlord has vs a lvl 95 overlord. And well, he was demolished and I won't say his rank should be taken away for that. Maybe KI is looking at this situation, who knows? There should be a limit to a lvl you can vs or maybe even a limit to rank so lvl 50 overlords are matched with lvl 95 privates instead over lvl 95 warlords or even overlords. At lvl 82 I can understand why you would have trouble with a very experienced and skilled lvl 50, but at lvl 90+ it's a whole different story up there. The critical from hades' gear will bypass a lvl 50's block easy even with conviction and shrike will pierce all of your tower shields to zero. I just don't feel people should have nearly impossible matches all the time.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
kymma shadow on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:
There should be another rank pvp for rank so I want have to do false reports anymore.

Or the shout give waterworks a little better resistance. And the nickname stays with those warlords that use tc cards. TC. Warlord is there nickname forever.
You never have to do false reports. Reporting because of losing is called bad sportsmanship, and it is far more rude than most of the things that most warlords will do to you. (Some warlords can be quite rude. I am not denying this.) Waterworks gear already has plenty of resistance. It was an amazing upgrade on other gear when it came out, and still rivals the better sets of gear for higher levels in resistance and damage. TC warlord is technically an accurate name, but you are not describing the warlord completely. Sure, most warlords use treasure cards. However, everyone has a unique strategy, which generally requires precise prediction skills to win with. With your nickname of TC warlord, one, it is stereotypical. Not all warlords use treasure cards, and the warlords that don't probably would rather not be called by a name that suggests negativity, and two, treasure cards are not good or bad. They are just part of the game. What if I asked you to leave your gear behind? It's just like treasure cards, which some people fail to see. Sure, some people can't afford or don't want to farm for gear/treasure cards, but those who do are rewarded. In other words, playing the game more gets you better rewards...is Kingsisle going to make it so that playing the game less gives you rewards, and make it so that you win all of your matches? I certainly hope not. Those that play more should be rewarded, and all matches should be fair.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
AutumnJ23 on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:
you seem to hate people complaining about treasure cards, but I find your post to be just ignorant, complaining about the complainers isn't going to do nothing. and most of the people complaining about treasure cards have the right to complain. you have no idea how many people make pvp boring. buying and using treasure cards isn't fun. I'd much rather use actual skill and use the spells I have actually worked for. so many people think they're good just because they can tc tower shield a few times with a tc triton. at low level there isn't any way to stop that. doing that stratigy isn't fun, so why are they doing it? just to show off? to a bunch of little kids on a video game.
You seem to be very ignorant to me since you, like others, can't understand that we are trying to tell you that tc is fair. Everyone can use tc in pvp so it's fair. I have mentioned so many reasons why lower lvl warlords need tc and I have explained why it's fair. Like I said a million times in so many other posts, strategy is HOW you use your tc. Anyone can just shield, blade, then tc triton, but what if your opponent uses storm shield? Uh-oh, what do I do now with my mindless strategy with tc? Low levels can get spells from the loremaster but I never thought that getting spells from her involved skill for pvp. It involves hard work just as getting gold for tc is. Just think about what I just posted here and re-consider what you think is skill.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
AutumnJ23 on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:
you seem to hate people complaining about treasure cards, but I find your post to be just ignorant, complaining about the complainers isn't going to do nothing. and most of the people complaining about treasure cards have the right to complain. you have no idea how many people make pvp boring. buying and using treasure cards isn't fun. I'd much rather use actual skill and use the spells I have actually worked for. so many people think they're good just because they can tc tower shield a few times with a tc triton. at low level there isn't any way to stop that. doing that stratigy isn't fun, so why are they doing it? just to show off? to a bunch of little kids on a video game.
You really think that treasure cards mean you have no skill? The skill in pvp is predicting what your opponent is going to do, countering it, and setting up a kill solution to win. Treasure cards just make it possible when you are battling players many, many levels higher than you. My balance constantly battles level 95 players. Without treasure cards, I would have only the advantage of resist, and so called "Skill." Skill cannot win when your opponent criticals a wild bolt every round for 1000 damage through a shield. Resist is easily pierced with infallible, base piercing, and shrike. The higher level player has the advantages in spells, damage, critical, block, healing boost, oftentimes accuracy, power pips, and piercing. No amount of skill can counter a first turn one hit kill, which is the reason why I hate maximum level pvp so much. If someone uses the same spell every round, that is not skill. There is no prediction, just spam, which, at least for me, is not fun. I don't know how that treasure cards make pvp not fun for you. They simply complement a strategy. There are unique strategies, such as some of the strategies on Duelist101, and nearly all of them, if not all, use treasure cards. How does a player not work for treasure cards? Treasure cards are bought with gold, gardened, or farmed, which requires work. Finally, there are numerous ways to counter low level tritons. Storm dispel treasure cards, storm shields, tower shields, and weaknesses. If you can't find a way to counter triton, then level up to 30 or 50. Pvp at those levels, at least in my opinion, requires much more skill to be successful.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
28
Aaron SpellThief on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:
You really think that treasure cards mean you have no skill? The skill in pvp is predicting what your opponent is going to do, countering it, and setting up a kill solution to win. Treasure cards just make it possible when you are battling players many, many levels higher than you. My balance constantly battles level 95 players. Without treasure cards, I would have only the advantage of resist, and so called "Skill." Skill cannot win when your opponent criticals a wild bolt every round for 1000 damage through a shield. Resist is easily pierced with infallible, base piercing, and shrike. The higher level player has the advantages in spells, damage, critical, block, healing boost, oftentimes accuracy, power pips, and piercing. No amount of skill can counter a first turn one hit kill, which is the reason why I hate maximum level pvp so much. If someone uses the same spell every round, that is not skill. There is no prediction, just spam, which, at least for me, is not fun. I don't know how that treasure cards make pvp not fun for you. They simply complement a strategy. There are unique strategies, such as some of the strategies on Duelist101, and nearly all of them, if not all, use treasure cards. How does a player not work for treasure cards? Treasure cards are bought with gold, gardened, or farmed, which requires work. Finally, there are numerous ways to counter low level tritons. Storm dispel treasure cards, storm shields, tower shields, and weaknesses. If you can't find a way to counter triton, then level up to 30 or 50. Pvp at those levels, at least in my opinion, requires much more skill to be successful.
y'all can keep quoting my statement and saying why you disagree with it. I'm just saying that I disagree with 90% of the posts on here.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
28
stormninja542 on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:
You seem to be very ignorant to me since you, like others, can't understand that we are trying to tell you that tc is fair. Everyone can use tc in pvp so it's fair. I have mentioned so many reasons why lower lvl warlords need tc and I have explained why it's fair. Like I said a million times in so many other posts, strategy is HOW you use your tc. Anyone can just shield, blade, then tc triton, but what if your opponent uses storm shield? Uh-oh, what do I do now with my mindless strategy with tc? Low levels can get spells from the loremaster but I never thought that getting spells from her involved skill for pvp. It involves hard work just as getting gold for tc is. Just think about what I just posted here and re-consider what you think is skill.
and I am sorry for using the word 'ignorant'. it was pretty mean of me and I apologize. And your statement is that you NEED treasure cards to win, which is very incorrect. I have level 18 and level 82 warlords, and I have not used a single tc to get there. and I understand why people say 'overlord' but I kinda refuse to say it, since there isn't a badge for it and it isn't on the rankings. and I have been very upset lately, so sorry for the name calling and the complaining, don't wanna get into details, just know for the next week or so all my posts will be really straight forward and kinda mean. and I'm not on my weekly 'lady problems', it's just drama that is in my life right now.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
stormninja542 on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:
I am still not convinced that lvl 20 overlords should vs lvl 40 commanders and warlords and lvl 50 overlords vs lvl 80 warlords or 90-95 or warlords. I am not saying warlords should not be paired up with higher levels but I am saying there needs to be a LIMIT. I have seen the most ridiculous matches where a lvl 50 overlord has vs a lvl 95 overlord. And well, he was demolished and I won't say his rank should be taken away for that. Maybe KI is looking at this situation, who knows? There should be a limit to a lvl you can vs or maybe even a limit to rank so lvl 50 overlords are matched with lvl 95 privates instead over lvl 95 warlords or even overlords. At lvl 82 I can understand why you would have trouble with a very experienced and skilled lvl 50, but at lvl 90+ it's a whole different story up there. The critical from hades' gear will bypass a lvl 50's block easy even with conviction and shrike will pierce all of your tower shields to zero. I just don't feel people should have nearly impossible matches all the time.
Yes, there should be sections, such as, 30s and low 40s can not fight people with critical (level 50+) and level 50s can not fight Hades (level 90+) and some other limitations.

Wolf Legend

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
AutumnJ23 on Mar 5, 2014 wrote:
and I am sorry for using the word 'ignorant'. it was pretty mean of me and I apologize. And your statement is that you NEED treasure cards to win, which is very incorrect. I have level 18 and level 82 warlords, and I have not used a single tc to get there. and I understand why people say 'overlord' but I kinda refuse to say it, since there isn't a badge for it and it isn't on the rankings. and I have been very upset lately, so sorry for the name calling and the complaining, don't wanna get into details, just know for the next week or so all my posts will be really straight forward and kinda mean. and I'm not on my weekly 'lady problems', it's just drama that is in my life right now.
It's alright but what I was trying to say is that low lvl overlords (or warlords) vs people twice their lvl or even 3 times their lvl. I a pretty sure a lvl 10 ice warlord can't beat a lvl 30 ice private with a combo of a bunch of evil snowmen before he simply heals it off. I understand that how you may feel but if you aren't feeling the best it may be best not to post. Just a suggestion, please don't take this the wrong way.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
kymma shadow on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:
There should be another rank pvp for rank so I want have to do false reports anymore.

Or the shout give waterworks a little better resistance. And the nickname stays with those warlords that use tc cards. TC. Warlord is there nickname forever.
Not having the kind of ranked pvp you'd like is no excuse for making false reports. How would you feel if people took their anger out on you?

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
28
but sorry. know this isn't the place to be posting personal problems. sorry for the rude comments, and I really don't think treasure cards should be taken away from pvp.has you said. anyone can use them. but I saw a thread about a new pvp where people can't use tc. and maybe that'd be a good idea.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
TC is the dark side because it is easy. Do your real spell is the light side.

And yes I know it from Star Wars movie and I'm going to use it against tc user If I have to.
And they are still TC Warlord in my book.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
kymma shadow on Mar 7, 2014 wrote:
TC is the dark side because it is easy. Do your real spell is the light side.

And yes I know it from Star Wars movie and I'm going to use it against tc user If I have to.
And they are still TC Warlord in my book.
If you refuse to use TC, you're condemning yourself to be VERY one-sided. PvP is supposed to make you think, predict, and come up with strategies to win. If you say "well I think this way is bad" when it wins, you may be sentencing yourself to being a private-sergeant forever.

Most Jedi go TO the dark side, then after returning to the light, they are often wiser than before. (Yes I know those movies inside and out)

Wolf Skullslinger

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
stormninja542 on Mar 5, 2014 wrote:
Not having the kind of ranked pvp you'd like is no excuse for making false reports. How would you feel if people took their anger out on you?
Tc is just showing off it not the spell you learned. Does TC user are afraid that most of the wizards aren't tc card user?

I think that why I have to argue my point out because I hope king isle does it.

Do you want both side arguing and not having fun all the time?

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
stormninja542 on Mar 5, 2014 wrote:
Not having the kind of ranked pvp you'd like is no excuse for making false reports. How would you feel if people took their anger out on you?
They can't for they are the fake wizards that are using treasure cards for easy wins I don't think my rating should go down at all to tc users there can go up my points shouldn't ever go down against tc players.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
kymma shadow on Mar 8, 2014 wrote:
They can't for they are the fake wizards that are using treasure cards for easy wins I don't think my rating should go down at all to tc users there can go up my points shouldn't ever go down against tc players.
Kymma, pvp is meant to be a place where you use everything you can to your advantage. If I asked you to not use your waterworks gear, you would say no. It's the same thing with warlords and treasure cards. Both gear and treasure cards complement strategy. Neither makes for an automatic win. Please stop asking for Kingsisle to give you an unfair advantage just because you cannot beat those who know how to pvp well. You have exactly the same advantages as everyone else. Use them, and you'll have a much better chance at winning. Don't, then, well, just have fun losing at low ranks.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
kymma shadow on Mar 8, 2014 wrote:
They can't for they are the fake wizards that are using treasure cards for easy wins I don't think my rating should go down at all to tc users there can go up my points shouldn't ever go down against tc players.
If you don't use tc, which is an advantage to everyone, then you are only hurting yourself. Putting tc in your deck and using them is like preparing for pvp just as anyone else would equip their gear for pvp.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Aaron SpellThief on Mar 8, 2014 wrote:
Kymma, pvp is meant to be a place where you use everything you can to your advantage. If I asked you to not use your waterworks gear, you would say no. It's the same thing with warlords and treasure cards. Both gear and treasure cards complement strategy. Neither makes for an automatic win. Please stop asking for Kingsisle to give you an unfair advantage just because you cannot beat those who know how to pvp well. You have exactly the same advantages as everyone else. Use them, and you'll have a much better chance at winning. Don't, then, well, just have fun losing at low ranks.
Warlords have better resistance then my waterworks outfit so it not a fair battle at all.

Warlords resistance 40 to every school waterworks resistance 28 to every school.

So there outfit is not fair at all against my waterworks outfit. I will remove my amulet if they stop using tc cards.

And I only want the veteran outfit from rank PVP. For my balance wizard so just let me get that then after she gets it she will let anyone beat her.

Amy lvl 84

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
This is for non tc user not for tc user and we non tc user will like to fight each other that why I put that name on the top.

So if you are a TC user please leave your comets to your self thanks you.

This is for a new rank pvp for non tc user. And I think there more tc user then non tc users.

That why I think there should be another rank pvp for the smaller group for rank pvp.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
kymma shadow on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
This is for non tc user not for tc user and we non tc user will like to fight each other that why I put that name on the top.

So if you are a TC user please leave your comets to your self thanks you.

This is for a new rank pvp for non tc user. And I think there more tc user then non tc users.

That why I think there should be another rank pvp for the smaller group for rank pvp.
Treasure card users have just as much say in this as anyone else, thank you very much. If non-tc users are a minority, why should they have a huge update made for them, just so that they can have an unfair advantage over warlords? As for your other post, resistance is not everything. Waterworks gear gives more healing boost, health, critical, critical block, and usually damage than the level 50 glendemming gear. You have more cards, and better cards, than warlords. Use these advantages along with a good strategy, and you'll win, even without treasure cards. Also, you still did not answer many of my previous post's points. How are treasure cards any different than good gear? With both, if you are willing to farm for or buy them, anyone can have them. With both, some are level limited. I believe that no one should get an unfair advantage in pvp, so I have to disagree with most, if not all, of your posts.