Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How would you do it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
To tell the truth,this is the one area of the game that does not need fixing.I was actually amazed and commend the artists who did the animations,they are very good.I would be hard pressed to think of one animation and how to do it better.
Questing? the quests are very boring ,we need help there BIGTIME.

Survivor
Oct 14, 2008
I do agree about the Spectral Blast. And Helping Hand. Perhaps... for Spectral Blast, a whirlwind of sand spins around you, but you close your eyes and hold your arms out at your sides. You lift up a tiny bit, and your eyes snap open, glowing yellow. You clap your hands together, and out shoots the spell.

As for Helping Hand, maybe you could hold out your hand, and a mysterious, faded hand grabs it and a surge of energy pulses through you.

And, just one thing... Make it where the Mander Minion casts Helping Hand! Please! I got killed by a pair of Sunbirds (Rank 4 elite) Because he sat there like a lump on a log.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
8)
I think there should be a zero-pip Minion for each school, not just Myth.

Life : a sunflower-like creature, "Flower Spirit"
Death : a skeleton wearing a ragged shirt, "Bone Spirit"

Fire : A human-shaped body of fire, "Flickering Spirit"
Ice : A stick-figure made of ice, "Frozen Spirit"

Storm : A rusted golem that jerks a lot, "Shock Spirit"
Balance : A pillar of sand tops by a sand-figure, "Ancient Spirit"

This is just my Opinion; and I am voicing it ...
8)

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
no afense,I think the Storm Elf needs more :? how abaut it runs in circels araound you very fast then it forms a tornato and litening strikes the opponent... :-)
Then it runs at the user and jumps out of battel! :D

Maby the Pixie can use a new animation it only flies and makes you fly-_-.
I think it should spin araund three times then flies in frunt of you then you heal and it turns into flowers.That would be cool!

XD

Survivor
Dec 06, 2008
I dont know how feasible this would be.

I think that the lower level spells should increase in damage as you get bigger :) for example: level 1 death spell Dark Sprite cast by lvl 1-10 does normal damage cast by level 11-20 would increase low and high damage by say 10%, level 21-30 increase by 20%, level 31-40 increase by 35%, level 41-50 increase by 50% or something like this.

I am only lvl 30 atm but I can see this being a great thing because I am getting to be a "powerful wizard" but yet I have to pass or cast nothing spells for 3-5 turns to get to my current best spell which is Skeletal Pirate -5 pips, or vampire - 4 pips to be able to do anything, I am mostly a solo player so this can be dangerous particularly when dealing with Major Bosses

another option along the same line would be allow us to spend training points or something on boosting a card. using training points for this example (would be about the only way I think dont know how easy it would be to add another thing like training points) I get all my death spells for free so instead of making a death/ any other element wizard I choose to be true death student, I spend my training points on my current cards which increases the damage of that card by X amount say 15-30% per training point with a max of 2-3 training points being able to be spent per card using Dark Sprite for example again it does base damage of 65-105
so the first training point I spend would increase its damage to 75-121 at 15% or 85-137 at 30% if I spent another point on same card (showing only 30% this time) then the card would do 111-178, if 3 upgrades allowed then this is what 3rd tier would be for damage 144-231, for still just 1 pip, as a higher lvl wizard I think that would be a good spell to keep in deck.

just my two cents,what do you think about these ideas

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
As someone very new, I would simply like to see a larger choice of damage points (or whatever they are called0 available. It seems to be there a big gaps in the amounts of damage from one card to another. I'd rather see many cards that increase the damage amounts slowly, rather than large jumps in the damage points.

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
I'd like some cooler spells added to life and death. I was sortof emberassed when I started my necromancer, and had to fight with the dark fairy card, especially when my dad walked in... Maybe add like a giant spider spell. Ooh! or a flock of ravens that comes out of an evil tree, and flies at the target, cawing, and there would be one that would be flying behind that says "Nevermore!" lol

I would kinda like to add another Vampire animation, because when he turns into a bat, it's fine but i'd like to see him actually walk, sortof like how Dracula walks with his cape held up.

The Dark Farie spell definitely needs another one, like how the actual monster itself throws a shadow ball at the target.

The humongofrog shooting his tongue out at the target every once in a while would be a nice touch.

I absolutely LOVE the Heckhound animation, but I think instead of howling, he should pace back and forfth in front of the target, then suddenly lunge at it and explode...

I'd also like to know why, with the fire elf and ice elf, theres always this red circle off around where the elf jumps and dives.

And I agree with the whole base turning thing, it's really odd seeing the unicorn instantly switch to a different angle without even moving from that crouch position...

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
israelp3 wrote:
I forgot to add this in my last post

can you please change the way blood bat appears I don't find him amusing at all this is how I would do it:

blood bat: I would do it like this, a cave comes out of the ground and a swarm of bats comes out after they are all gone the biggest one comes out and attacks with one of the following:1) Bites the oponet(weak) 2) Uses sound waves to call upon more blood bats who attacks the oponet(normal) or 3) blood bat bites a bug and posinus juice damages the oponet's health(strong). Please consider my request.

Okay for one thing, that is far too much detail for a low level spell. The other lowbie spells have little or no backgrounds at all, if you did your idea, it would make it seem like a really big spell like Kraken or humongofrog.

Besides, I like the way the bloodbat looks, It reminds me of a really big Zubat.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
I have been playing mmorpgs for longer than some of your current subscribers have been alive most likely :) , so I'm used to fast paced action. I am enjoying the turn based combat in this game. I just wish the animations for some of the spells weren't so long. As an example that cyclops takes forever to do what he's going to do. All that flexing is all well and good, but I think he overdoes it a bit.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2008

Bigfoot: you see a cave with two large eyes staring out and a bigfoot steps on an opponent creating 250-305 damage

flower people: you see a garden with a human like flower standing in the middle who sprays you or another wizard or minion helping you with 50 health going up 50-100-150 through the next 3 rounds

loch-ness monster: you see a large lake and a large monster swimming around and the monster squirts each of your opponents with water giving about 200-255 damage to each

sea of mana: You see a large sea of blue mana in the duel area and a dolphin comes and squirts some at one of the characters to give them 20-25 more mana

wrath of the dragon! : A large three headed dragon like the hydra if I'm correct comes out and breathes fire onto your opponents causing 355-405 damage to each

sorry It wasn't more detailed!

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
Storm: Evil Brother: So a brother and a sister are fighting and the Brother is going to throw a lightning bolt at his sister but he misses and hits on of the enemies and does about 500-567 damage.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
Life: ( I feel life needs more attack spells ) Wrath of the Unicorn: You see a purple cloud and a unicorn pops out, ( an evil one ) and it hits one of the enemies with its horn! ( kinda like the scrab )

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
Fire: Evil Singing Diva: So she should be singing and her mic catches on fire and she throws it at one of the enemies and does about 500-530 damage.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
Kilajula wrote:
I agree with the Ghoul turning. It's awkward because the entire graveyard he's on turns. Seeing as how he's "shoveling" the health from your target, I was thinking he could just "shovel" the health over his shoulder (like most kids depict shoveling) at the caster.

I agree with it too!

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
I still strongly believe that the dark fairy spell should be changed, or add a different spell for death school. Heres one I really hope gets considered..

Raven Flock: A large tree rises out of the ground, a typical evil tree with an evil jack-o-lantern face. Then the leaves morph into ravens and fly at the target, scratching and cawing, then as the flock flies off of the field, one raven that was lagging behind flies after the rest of his flock, shouting "Nevermore!" as he passes the enemy!

Kinda my take on a death version of locust swarm.. :D

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
I have several ideas for spells, but I think some of the spells could be a mix of schools, so you could have a better reason to multi-class!

Here's one I think would be cool..

Power Plant: Life/Storm.
A mechanical plant made out of bronze grows out of a factory floor as lightning strikes around it, then the plant grows a bud made out of a lightbulb, and lightning hits the plant. As the electricity flows through it, the light-bulb overcharges and explodes at the target, shooting lightning and glass on the target.

Static Cadaver: Death/Storm.

A laboratory setting comes out of the ground, and a lab table gets lowered from the ceiling, while a thunder booms. Then the dead body (kind of like frankenstein with tesla coils and power cords growing out of his back) rises off the table and attacks the target with a blue lightning blast.

Fire Pyre: Fire/Death.

A forest grows out of the ground with a single grave in the middle, as the forest catches fire a zombie comes out of the ground, then he catches on fire and strikes the target!

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
Ice: snow blizzard: So there is a light blizzard and as the snow falls down lightly there is this really big snow flake and it hits the enemy and does about 500-540 damage.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2008
I would love to see variations to the way the spell recipient reacts based on different amounts of damage.

For instance:
Light damage to a creature or player may make him shrug and flick an imaginary fly off his shoulder.
Small damage: A slight "windmilling arms" as if he was a little off balance.
Medium damage: Doubles over as if receiving a gut-punch.
Heavy: staggers backwards a few steps.
Very heavy: Knocked on his rear end, climbs back to his feet.

Sorry I condensed it some.

I agree with QuinnHexthief, But its missing one thing. Well seeing as we already have different animations for monster damage, but not received damage on the users end. Why not animations for the caster also, i mean hey the storm bats shoot energy beams and do an aerial attack in another animation. Adding received damage animations along with varying casting ones would make battles seem more diverse and less cookie cutter. Now received damage cannot be applied to all attacks though, since some have you interacting quite a bit with the card like the imp. Just wanted to clarify that.

And sorry if this has been gone over before i didn't have time to read six or so pages.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
I would make them OPTIONAL! They are cute and funny at first but soon become boring and serve only to increase the time it takes to accomplish your questing and leveling.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2008
TKDBlackBelt wrote:
whoever said that the myth bloodbat was weak have some respect you probibly hurt their feelings :?

LOL Yeah! Be more nice to them! (Mostly because me Myth)

Community Leader
IxionInc wrote:

Raven Flock: A large tree rises out of the ground, a typical evil tree with an evil jack-o-lantern face. Then the leaves morph into ravens and fly at the target, scratching and cawing, then as the flock flies off of the field...

That is a fantastic idea, deliciously visual!

Community Leader
For Myth school, how about the ability to conjure a Medusa?

She could momentarily turn your opponent to stone as part of the damage, maybe stunning them for one round. Or, as a variation of the stun-all spell that one of the other schools gets, the spell could turn all opponents to stone for one round.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2008
I know this was said already, but I would like to see the shield/blade spell animations shortened by having them all appear at once, rather than one after the other. Its just not necessary. I also agree with spells that cost X have their animations change depending on the strength of the spell. Like 1-4 being low 5-8 being mid and 9+ being high.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
(if i haven't already done this one)
Fire: So there is a singing diva and she is singing and her mic catches on fire, and she throws it at one of the enemies and does about 200-290 Damage.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
True friends should be able to trade stuff (everything they possess) as long as they are within 5 levels of each other. Really, trading and helping each other out is what friends do, right?