Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How would you do it?

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jun 08, 2009
SyphaN wrote:
I would like to see some more realistic reactions from mobs you are fighting. let me explaine; add in emotion face/body language animation
when a mob is hit let them show it more than just when they die, like
they look more and more beat up and/or bloody, maybe an arm come loose
and is hanging there or a piece of armor etc. have the face have a pain/agoney look as to the impact the spell does.

Why can't our avy's look downward for???
let me explain. since wizard 101 is a family style game, blood is not welcome, as well as loose limbs, pained expressions, and all in all scary, half dead appearances. so, i dont think that KI would gain players, but lose them instead. lose them by the dozen. i know this post closed a little while ago, but i am writing to those of us who look at outdated posts XD lol. so, SyphaN, i recommend you just pretend that they are in mortal pain and give poor malistare a painless death lol lol lol .

ans as for animations, just add one more attack to all the spells that only attack one way.

paul ironflame, level 48 pyromancer, master of fire

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
So a moderator makes a post on how to change spell animations. Instead of focusing on changing spell animations how about KI fix the broken stuff first before changing spell animations IMO.

Most minions are useless this needs fixed

Crown Shop Minion decks need more spells, not spells that give pips, taunts, prisms, shield boosts, and shield deffencive, etc. but creature cards like lighting elves, Fire Sharks, and even Ice Krackens. I spent a lot of crowns on treasure cards in the shop, and you will get maybe one good card from a 5 piece or 7piece deck, the rest are useless. 80% of cards are sacrafice minion type cards for pips and the other 10% are maybe creatures that may do a max of 125 damage. The 125 max damage cards do nothing in Dragonspyre when most NPC's have over 1k hit points, Bosses like 5k hit points.

I say have 5 and 7piece shield decks, 5 and 7 piece prism decks, 5 and 7 piece level pending creature decks, and 5 and 7 piece Minion decks. and all of the decks besides the creature deck you may get a taunt or two, and in the minion decks you may get a couple sacrifice minion for pips cards in the Crown Shop.

Fix ALL Accuracy Buffs a 20% accuracy boost should not make a spell Fizzle

Fix Storm School Period.

Lower pip cost some on all schools high damage cards

Increase Power Pip spawns more in the 30+ level zones

Balance needs more spells that do more damage, better yet more spells period.

Fix ALL SPELL Resistance os same school attacks from NPC's. A life wizard hit by an NPC's Life spell should resist way, more then it does. Storm is realy bad on Resist of Storm spells.

Myth needs less minions. more attacks, Minions are useless past level 30+

Fix someone joining a fight then fleeing. When they join they add another NPC then Flee. If you join a fight, and add another NPC you should not be allowed to flee until the round is over.

Minions again should Rank up when wizard levels, A rank 1 minion in Dragonspyre will never survive a hit or two from an NPC spell.

ALL Shield Deffensive should not get used up in one hit at any time. At one time I had an Absorb Shield up, And 2 Fire Shields up, The Npc casted a level 20 ish un-boosted fire spell. I think it was the fire bird not the phoenix the other one. my Absorbed went out that was suppose to absorb 500 max damage, and both Fire Shields went out, and I still got hit with 70ish something damage. There is no way this one bird hit me with over 500 total damage un-boosted. I got hit by this thing boosted before and the total damage out put was over 300 close to 400 un-shielded. This should have not used up my absorb, and my other two shields in one hit and still give me some damage after going through 3shields.

Not just Fire this happens I seen it happen on Storm, Myth, Death and Ice a few times too.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Judica wrote:

Maybe some player selectable options for toggling "death" animations off and on would make this occurrence less likely?

This is a good idea but it might not be possible because what would happen to the other players with it still on? Would they automatically skip the death scene? Just a thought :P

Survivor
May 31, 2010
For the ghoul spell it is a little cheesy. I am saying this because he hits the opponent with his shovel there are 3 tombstones behind him but then when he turns around to heal you he should be facing the tombstones but then they just appear behind him. Also for the storm shark spell I agree that we should be able to see his whole body a bit more.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2008
Freeze (0 pip Ice stun spell):
Show them frozen in a block of ice for the duration of the stun.

Cant remember the name but that 5 pip AOE fire spell that apples a Damage over time effect to all opponents. (Scorch i think)
That should have some animation, rather than just applying the damage. Maybe like a whirlwind of fire.

I think the Hydra card should have a cooler entrance, rather than just dropping in/appearing. Like have a portal open and it walks through, or pretty much any kind of entrance.

I also think it would be cool if all minions had their own unique entrance animation. Rather than just a circle appearing in the middle and they pop out. Like Ice minions could be chiseled out of a block of ice, and flames appear when a fire minion comes out, something like that.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
The phoenix has a pretty good animation but i think it be cooler if it did something like the minotaur does. Having the phoenix flap its wings and have your opponent in a fire tornado. Now that would look cool 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Wolf DarkBlade,

Master Pyromnacer

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
I would like to see the wraith use his scythe to reapthe life from your opponent rather crooking his finger.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
i want a lot more magic to be in the spells!
It just doesnt feel like the spells have enough BAM!
You know what i mean?
Like when the helephant gets his sword out there should be tons of sparks flying everywhere!!!
Basicly, i want A LOT more special FX in the spells
Also i think the thunder snake should be laying on some type of floor. Super Nova-the balance spell should just get a big makeover! It does not look as beautiful as other classes level 48 spells! I mean maybe it should have some big giant hurling a super nova or something! Anyways just add a lot more special FX and effects in the spells. 8) 8) 8)

Survivor
Nov 10, 2008
Squirrel wrote:

This is probably too time intensive, but worth mentioning.

I would love to see variations to the way the spell recipient reacts based on different amounts of damage.

For instance:
Light damage to a creature or player may make him shrug and flick an imaginary fly off his shoulder.

Small damage: A slight "windmilling arms" as if he was a little off balance.

Medium damage: Doubles over as if receiving a gut-punch.

Heavy: staggers backwards a few steps.

Very heavy: Knocked on his rear end, climbs back to his feet.

Great idea.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
Wraith
Intro
The intro is a bit intimidating, when you see it towering over you.
Sometimes it's a little scary, seeing that thing looming.

The animation
Personally, I think the Wraith should,when healing you, should be like this-
.....instead of turning the animation, which breaks the feel of the battle some what for me, why not have him just turn his head back towards you and reach out his arm on that side with his hand open fingers splayed kinda of like a claw and energy flowing from the hand into you.(This was from Wizard101fanwiki's post)

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
School specific Casting

Right now I think that casting is too generalized. Except for the variants in style based on the wand or staff your holding, all casting looks the same. I think your character should cast based on their school, level, and spell their casting. For example: A Grandmaster Conjurer using Orthrus would flex his muscles, smash the ground, and give a cocky over-confident smile, before casting the spell. All these little details would basically be based upon the personality of the school. Myth is tough and over confident, so that's how they act as they cast, attack, and stand while waiting. I also think that the symbol of the school should vary slightly depending upon the level of the Wizard and spell being cast. The more sparkly and fancy the symbol would become the higher level and stronger the spell. The school symbol should also fill up the large dark swirly spot in the middle of the battle area, instead of in front of the wizard, that way it seems more like the spell actually comes from within the dark swirlyness. I know these seem a bit overboard, but it would make combat much more exciting and interesting.

Survivor
May 23, 2009

Sereph

Sereph would say the words and then slice (attack) the enemy with green sparkles since she is life.

Skeletel Pirate

Skeletel Pirate would use the water to wave the enemy.

Vanessa AngleWalker level 40

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Aquascaper wrote:
Leprechaun
Show the varying damage through the amount of coins he throws. E.g. Weak damage he throws a few, Heavy damage he throws heaps and perhaps even the pot?!

Fairy

I like the scene the fire elf has, so i would apply a scene to the fairy - When cast the fairy appears sitting on the edge of a giant spotted mushroom. It then looks toward the caster, giggles and flies up to heal them.

Imp

Imps are tricksters and performers.

Weak damage: normal imp animation + appearance of two other imps which remain stationary near the caster, making booing sounds.

Average: normal imp animation.

Strong: normal imp animation + appearance of two imps that remain stationary, applauding and cheering.
I like your idea of the fairy! Very creative!

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
I have seen my sister use the harvest lord and vampire deth spells a few times and I thought it kind of weird that they spit life back into the charecter. The vampire makes sence but the harvest lord doesn't how about when a necromancer uses the harvest lord spell he sends his crow after the opponants and then send the crow to the caster to give them the life it sucked off the opponats.

I live the mushroom idea for the fairy.

As far as Natures Wrath how bout instead of throwing a giant bolder how bout he shout a crud load of splinters at the oppanant for a weaker hit and the bolder idea for a stronger hit

Aexandria Dragonhaven
Master Theurgist

Explorer
Jul 19, 2009
Here is what i would do.

What i would do is switch centaur and natures wrath.
I would make natures wraith 6 pips with centaur dmg and vice versa.

Natures wraith:
weak: normal display
strong: the tree walks onto the field its arms widen up and then you see thorns sticking out and then it shoots tons of spikes at the opponent.

Stormzilla:
strong: it hatches from the egg, turns around whacks the opponent with its tail, then turns around again and sprays bolts at the enemy.

Pixie:
I like the mushroom idea

Minotaur:
first attack: attacks like colossus with its axe except it used the ground
second attack: attacks like helephant except with its axe glowing yellow and instead of fire coming out of the axe it will be something like myth aura.

Leprechaun:
strong: it slides down with the rainbow and then throws the pot at you

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Okay, I got a good idea for a spell:

Duplicate
Makes a duplicate of your Wizard
Cost:3 pips
Damage: N/A

The duplicate acts a lot like a minion but not quite, here is how it works:
When you cast the spell a duplicate of your self will appear and join your side for battle. When it attacks it shall choose any spell out of your deck to use on itself or on the enemy. If you have an amulet, athame, pet, wand, or anything else that gives you a card, the duplicate can use it (if it has enough pips.). It really is a duplicate, it will be same school, same level, same spells, same clothes, same wand, same face, same hair, same everything. It's like having a friend be their without them actually BEING THERE. So if you are stuck soloing Malistaire, you could poof up a couple of these and BAM! Also if you have a summon minion spell then the duplicate just might poof up a minion

Jasmine StormBlood
Lv. 16 JourneyMan Sorcerer

Survivor
Aug 01, 2010
hydra would be cool if there were three large balls at the top of hydra then they explode and give each one their powers fire ice and storm then they can attack

Survivor
Feb 26, 2009
I got an idea. I was in sarvaastaad pass (sorry for spelling errors :?) and i was battling some "troubled warriors" and i noticed that sometimes they seem transparent as if they were "weakening" And that gave me the idea;
lets say your battling a rotting fodder and he's almost dead, so what if he were to show weakess? Maybe on on knee struggling to keep up? Imagine something similiar for other creatures of the spiral?
Hope this inspires :D

Survivor
Feb 26, 2009
HEY

hey i wanna add something. When Celestia comes out maybe those higher spells could be like ninja pig? I like ninja pig because it has a close up screen. Maybe kingsile can add that to the new cards coming :-o

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
This is what I think Spectral Blast should be changed to.
A young wizard approaches an elite guard of the Taskmaster. He whips out his wand, gracefully tracing the symbol of balance. A brilliant light flashes, and three smaller orbs of light appear in red, blue, and purple. They dance around each other before shooting together, forming one brilliant ball of a) red light. The orb is suddenly engulfed in fire, and explodes as it races toward the Guard. b) blue light. Frost swirls around the orb, freezing the orb into a ball of ice, and then it plummets onto the guard with a flurry of snow crystals. c) purple light. Lightning arcs from the orbs core, and suddenly it explodes and bolts go everywhere, and suddenly return to destroy the poor guard.
Tell me what you think, and if you have your own idea, post it here!

Survivor
May 03, 2009
robzillatx
Novice Wizard

2:25 pm

I'm in a silly mood today, so here are some silly spell suggestions (please excuse me if any of these already exist in the game ... I haven't made it past level 7 yet and haven't look at them all):

Squirrel Storm:
spell turns the target into a giant acorn and a swarm squirrels rushes in and either carries the target away or nibbles on the target.

Crab Wave (similar to above):
A large wave splashes over the target and leaves several crabs pinching the target.

Ankle-Biter:
Makes the target's pet (if any) attack it's owner (at the ankles, of course).

Vine Divine:
Vines come out of the ground and lash (or zap, if you don't want any display of physical attacks) the target.

Banana from Above:
Flying monkeys bombard the target with bananas (or squeeze the bananas to shoot the fruit at the target)

Mucous Malice:
A giant worm pops out of the ground and slimes the target.

Bigfoot Afoot:
Bigfoot runs by the target and steps on the target's toes.

Yeti Yell:
This one's obvious, right?

By the way, my seven-year-old daughter would like to know when Hamster101.com is coming

Awesome ideas!!!! I would totally use these cards :-)

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Well, personally I feel that animations for calling out a minion is a little weak. Especially the ones that waste all of our pips. I think that if we just used 8 pips on one spell, we better get one heck of an epic show. Just a thought.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Kaethreyin wrote:
robzillatx
Novice Wizard

2:25 pm

I'm in a silly mood today, so here are some silly spell suggestions (please excuse me if any of these already exist in the game ... I haven't made it past level 7 yet and haven't look at them all):

Squirrel Storm:
spell turns the target into a giant acorn and a swarm squirrels rushes in and either carries the target away or nibbles on the target.

Crab Wave (similar to above):
A large wave splashes over the target and leaves several crabs pinching the target.

Ankle-Biter:
Makes the target's pet (if any) attack it's owner (at the ankles, of course).

Vine Divine:
Vines come out of the ground and lash (or zap, if you don't want any display of physical attacks) the target.

Banana from Above:
Flying monkeys bombard the target with bananas (or squeeze the bananas to shoot the fruit at the target)

Mucous Malice:
A giant worm pops out of the ground and slimes the target.

Bigfoot Afoot:
Bigfoot runs by the target and steps on the target's toes.

Yeti Yell:
This one's obvious, right?

By the way, my seven-year-old daughter would like to know when Hamster101.com is coming

Awesome ideas!!!! I would totally use these cards :-)

Hamster101 would be awesome right?

Survivor
Jul 21, 2010
1 for each school 0 pip attack: death: poison gas creature. shoots fumes out of his hands. 1 pip attack: myth: roman soldier. 2 armys are about to collide [both roman empire aged]. then one soldier gets teleported [general in the front] a head piece a sword a chest piece a shield and boots apear. The general appears in his mail steps into his armor and charges sword first and slashes for 195 damage. 2 pip attack: plasma chickens a giant chicken pen with several dozens of brightly colored liquesent looking chickens fly over a fence and strike with beak and claw in a flurry of pecking for 250 damage. i am not making these up of my head they are in a book series i might decide to post called the rose series. oh and the 0 attack does 130 damage. the cards are in a deck called the after pip deck. An amazingly powerful deck that does so much damage it cost a pip the next turn to. ill post the rest later.