Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Excessive Beggars are everywhere!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2011
Blaze Deathward on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
or maybe even a beggar transformation that keeps you stuck in the same spot for five hours. you can't chat, can't jump, can't wear a mount, and can't have a pet by your side, cannot spin around, and cannot take it off. every time you try to move is another five minutes. the look would look like a homeless man. and about the minion, you wouldn't be able to use the sacrifice minion spells. and the minion could never be damaged by even the enemies and has 300,000,000,000 health.
300,000,000,000 is too little for that minion. how bout it has and infinite amount of health and all it does is heal shield and blade itself and dos nothing for the beggar. That would be so hilarious to see lol!

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Sweetbananas019 on Mar 23, 2015 wrote:
300,000,000,000 is too little for that minion. how bout it has and infinite amount of health and all it does is heal shield and blade itself and dos nothing for the beggar. That would be so hilarious to see lol!
That's rather cruel.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Sweetbananas019 on Mar 23, 2015 wrote:
Beggars are not that bad (depends on which one) I have ones who ask to hatch so they can get a nice pet which I can relate to cause I use to want nice pets. The rest just want mounts packs and etc. Its not just the new players, exalted players beg too for idk crazy things Some have crowns but don't want to use it and those are the ones that are making me stay away from the commons.

unknown life wiz
There's a huge difference in asking for a hatch and begging for a free pack, mount, elixir etc. Hatching is mutually beneficial. "Gifting" is not, unless you get a warm, fuzzy feeling by being extra generous. I used to avoid the commons area at all costs but now I don't worry too much about it. It's simply a matter of ignoring the gimme, gimme, gimme requests. Frankly, level is of little significance to me when it comes to being bombarded with requests for gifts. If someone is brazen enough to ask for a freebie after I've just added them to my friend list then I can just as easily remove them. Done and done. More often than not, if I refuse to gift a "new friend" they remove me before I can remove them. Good riddance.
I'm more than happy to help people out with a quest or helping them earn some gold and I do this with all of my wizards but I draw the line at giving people what they can earn for themselves by working at it in-game... like I did.

Explorer
Oct 11, 2010
I can understand why beggars are annoying. At first, my one friend (won't mention any names) didn't bug me about that. I gave her a hair style one day as a little gift for her, then the trouble started. She wanted a mount, then, when I said no, she got revenge. I was out questing with my friend (a very trustworthy wizard), then, my friend ported, dragged in a monster, and left Later, she then wanted a house, and I said no again, so she did the same thing when I went questing with the trustworthy wizard. I tried asking her why she did that, but she didn't ask her. Next time I see her, I am gonna tell her that if she asks me to gift her or she comes and leaves while my trustworthy friend and I are in another battle, I will ignore her. My trustworthy friend said to remove her, and I am starting to believe her.

Darby UnicornFlower lvl 78
Darby SeaCloud lvl 30
Darby Starwraith lvl 21
Darby lvl 10

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I can understand that this problem can be annoying. It is not just on Wizard101, it is on most virtual games. One time on an old game I played this girl told me that if I gifted her a pink outfit she would give me one in a blue color. Somehow I believed her even though now I look back at it and think," Wouldn't it just have been easier to buy myself the blue one?" Anyway, she told me to gift her first because she has gotten tricked before.Thankfully I had her profile up so I reported reported her and emailed to the game (I got my money back). Since then I have not trusted anyone who may be trying to tricking me. This problem isn't just going to go away though. Keep in mind that some people are lower levels with less freedom or that may not be able to afford crowns. Yes, some people claim that is true but are lying. Either way you shouldn't be harsh about it. I usually tell anyone who asks that I have a rule: I don't gift people who ask for them. Then I apologize and wish them luck and they usually go away. If they don't I usually tell them to please leave me alone and ignore them. I hope this helped!
- Gabrielle Silversword

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
what about turning around this fantastic opportunity to turn the tables on excessive beggars; while having a little fun along the way...

Imagine the conversation going something like this...

Excessive Begger: Hi, gift me the fill in the blank crown shop item.

You: lol, I was going to ask you the same thing, can I have (and you reply, asking for the same item).

or

Excesive Begger: Hi, gift me the universe and everything else too!

You: Sure, how do I do that...

Excessive Begger: you click on the crown shop, and then you buy such and such item.

You: Cool, what's a crown shop?

Excessive Begger: Um, the crown shop; where you buy things for yourself and other players.

You: Cool, where do I go to get to this crown shop?

Excessive Begger: On your screen, its just...

...and what ever the excessive begger asks for, you keep asking them how do you do that? Now, turn it into a game, and see how long you can keep them asking you for stuff, as there frustration grows, with them not getting anything but a hard time.

The best part, you've saved all the other players from having to deal with this excessive begger!

If all else fails, just click the ignore button; its user friendly, and fat-free!

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
lilychirp303 on Jun 18, 2015 wrote:
I can understand why beggars are annoying. At first, my one friend (won't mention any names) didn't bug me about that. I gave her a hair style one day as a little gift for her, then the trouble started. She wanted a mount, then, when I said no, she got revenge. I was out questing with my friend (a very trustworthy wizard), then, my friend ported, dragged in a monster, and left Later, she then wanted a house, and I said no again, so she did the same thing when I went questing with the trustworthy wizard. I tried asking her why she did that, but she didn't ask her. Next time I see her, I am gonna tell her that if she asks me to gift her or she comes and leaves while my trustworthy friend and I are in another battle, I will ignore her. My trustworthy friend said to remove her, and I am starting to believe her.

Darby SeaCloud lvl 30
Darby Starwraith lvl 21
Darby lvl 10
All you need to do is turn off Friend Ports.

Dakota Titanheart,
Level 52 Diviner

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
I am a myth that is level 92 get ready for this so win i was low level i had help on every quest and still do i can't solo at all that is the end of how sad my myth is so when low levels add me for help i do i have more low levels then high
AliaDreamSmith 92 myth

Explorer
Oct 11, 2010
Merfolura on Jun 19, 2015 wrote:
All you need to do is turn off Friend Ports.

Dakota Titanheart,
Level 52 Diviner
That causes problems too. My friends then ask to port, which can be annoying after a while.

Darby UnicornFlower: lvl 78
Darby SeaCloud: lvl 30
Darby StarWraith: lvl 21
Darby: lvl 10

Survivor
May 08, 2011
Things like this have happened to me a few times, but most of it is people or friends that will constantly beg me to help them with winterbane. I'm usually fine with it because the enemies are pretty easy because usually the person asking is low level and it gives me something to do when I'm not questing. The thing that can really get on my nerves is when I'm busy. They will beg and beg until I do. When I finally go, it usually takes forever because with them attacking every one to three rounds, they will get attacked a lot, making me have to heal, which I use sacrifice for, but it uses up my blades and pips. It's even worse for people with menu chat only because I don't know where they are going when I offer them help until I port and realize It's winterbane. The dungeon was fun the first couple times, but when people beg you and beg you to help them, it can get real annoying real fast

Timothy Darksword LVL 72

Survivor
Jan 22, 2011
Bronco 989 on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:
Things like this have happened to me a few times, but most of it is people or friends that will constantly beg me to help them with winterbane. I'm usually fine with it because the enemies are pretty easy because usually the person asking is low level and it gives me something to do when I'm not questing. The thing that can really get on my nerves is when I'm busy. They will beg and beg until I do. When I finally go, it usually takes forever because with them attacking every one to three rounds, they will get attacked a lot, making me have to heal, which I use sacrifice for, but it uses up my blades and pips. It's even worse for people with menu chat only because I don't know where they are going when I offer them help until I port and realize It's winterbane. The dungeon was fun the first couple times, but when people beg you and beg you to help them, it can get real annoying real fast

Timothy Darksword LVL 72
With me its the exact opposite, Whenever I am cruising through commons on my feathered raptor lvl 1, 2, 3 ,4 ,5 all the way to lvl 20 add me and say "Can you gift me (Insert overkillingly expensive mount here)?"
Whenever they do this just simply say "No Crowns, Sorry and remove them."

Joshua Level 87 Balance

Survivor
Jan 22, 2011
lilychirp303 on Jun 18, 2015 wrote:

Darby SeaCloud lvl 30
Darby Starwraith lvl 21
Darby lvl 10
As annoying as that can be, it also can help you and your trustworthy wizard friend, As for the house part, I would just tell her how to get one easier with 100k gold. A example of it helping is you drag in 3 monsters, you need 4. She ports in she helps by dragging in the fourth and final monster.

Joshua lvl 87 Balance

Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
Bronco 989 on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:

Timothy Darksword LVL 72
I agree.. Its really annoying.

Once when i was coming back from afk, i saw few low level dudes asking for packs, mounts, mega snack packs etc.
One even threatened that he would get my account if i wont give him a gift.. it was really rude. By the way i was not scared at all and i just left to questing. When i was having a break in The Commons, some of my low level friends teleported to me and they were begging me to help them in Winterbane, well.. i helped. Another day they asked for help like 6 times.. i helped only 2 times. Then they were begging for Baddle of Bands or Tanglewood Terror gauntlets as gifts and they were rushing around my house trying to find one gauntlet, there was nothing. When it was night there where i live, i had to sleep but low level friends were begging to help in Winterbane again, and they threatened to remove me from their friends if i wouldnt. I did not care and i ignored them. At least now i have real friend that does not beg. Then i decided to not allow friend requests anymore and i ignored every stranger wizard who was begging for my help.

James MoonBlood - Exalted Diviner

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Last night, I forgot to switch from my terror puppy mount to my pogo stick after porting back to the Commons. Within about 20 seconds, someone asked to friend me. I clicked yes, then bounced on towards the World Tree. Suddenly, I get "Hi can you send me a ton of the new packs I want the mount and the pet." My response was snarky, because I'm snarky: "So you want a total stranger to spend a ton of money on you?" Silence. Before I removed and ignored, I wrote "Sorry, not gonna happen." Honestly, I think I am going to buy basic gear, a basic wand, and a unicorn pet, and that will be my "Porting back to the Commons" fear. Sad that it seems to have come to that, ya know?

Survivor
May 03, 2014
Um, who cares? Just don't gift them.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2015
My own friends usually beg for help either in the middle of PVP, in the middle of PVE, or in a dungeon, and I'm like, " Really, I do NOT accept people like that " I would much prefer if they kindly ask me or I asking them real quick for help or to help them, if yes, then I port to them, if not, then I just move on, because I actually view myself as annoying every time I talk

( sorry if this dose not make sense )

Erica DaisyDreamer level 52 Grandmaster pyromancer, find me either farming, playing housing games ( Mainly Wildfire tag, occasionally anything that's food fight ) or watching High level 4v4 PVP

" Allow some challenge to your life "

Explorer
Oct 11, 2010
JoshuaBalance227 on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:
As annoying as that can be, it also can help you and your trustworthy wizard friend, As for the house part, I would just tell her how to get one easier with 100k gold. A example of it helping is you drag in 3 monsters, you need 4. She ports in she helps by dragging in the fourth and final monster.

Joshua lvl 87 Balance
She doesn't bug me about crown stuff anymore. And I'll have to tell my trustworthy friend that. Thanks for the help!

Darby UnicornFlower: lvl 78
Darby SeaCloud: lvl 30
Darby StarWraith: lvl 21
Darby: lvl 11

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I responded to this in another post ,and it is sad that this issue has not been addressed. But clearly according to the CoC/ToS, someone who begs you to gift them, is in clear violation of that code. Simply report them for harassment as defined by the rules. If enough people did this, KI might start taking the problem seriously.

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
I am a Level 74 Wizard with the Triceratops mount, the pagoda bundle mount, a waterworks hat and shoes,
a chest plate from a pack, and an expensive balance dog pet (forgot name), and no one has ever begged for me to give them anything.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2011
Yeah in DS near cyrus i just bought the bengal tiger after 3 hours of farming halfang bristlecrown and this level 98 comes up to me and asks me to gift him one. So i said "Dude you're level 98 why dont you just farm halfang for gold it'l be easy for you! I just went through 3 hours of nonstop farming to get this mount and you just stroll right up to me and think it'l be easy? Get a life, man." (sorry you had to hear that smokey!)

Survivor
Jan 27, 2011
i stitch my gear with the lever 75 fire rouge gear and ride a bengal tiger and all of a sudden people think you're level 100 and have a million crowns! SO ANNOYING! (Though i am level 98 though, but still beggars need to stop!)

Austin Fire
Level 98

Survivor
Mar 31, 2009
I actually recorded how many people begged me for something

in 1 hour 8 people begged me for a mount and 3 people begged me for packs, 2 people threatened if i didn't gift and a further 4 people chased after me once i had said no

i did get gifted once but only because i helped a guy throughout half of azteca, i didn't even ask he just gave because i dont something for him... i also lent him some tc once for a hatch... if beggers read this they might think we'll give them anything for just helping with lost soul BUT no you get what you pay for, if you help with half of azteca you get a few packs like i did (if they have crowns) if you help with one lost soul you get a touch tc card! if you give 10 storm owl cards or something to a storm wizard you might get a hairdoo. life is not something for nothing! also i would like to add dont go up to someone and shout out them saying i'll help if you give me packs, dont force them to give if you do and dont say you'll help with avalon or something if you still in krokotopia!

100 wolf blue heart
65 witchdoctor wolf chamberlain, thats mr chamberlain to anyone who speaks to me

Survivor
Jan 27, 2011
Explorer
Jul 21, 2015
I try to get packs for like one hundred tc but all of the commons people take my tc and leave so that's why don't beg anymore and that is a lesson for all beggers.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
It's best to not even respond to beggars. Just pretend you don't even see their chat. Occasionally, I'll end up with a friend in my list who will make the mistake of asking me to buy them packs or something. They immediately get removed and blocked. Donna Summers sang it, and if I work hard for my money, I see no reason to waste it on some random person.