Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Excessive Beggars are everywhere!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2013
Now this is funny.

In addition for beggars only, here is a Bundle for them. It's called the Been There,Done That.

Here are some iteams that comes with.

Fizzle o matic Gears 10 % chance of hit, Fizzle dazzle wand, 10 % restaince the Cursed Armor and Cursed hat.

The Balloon Mount- A mount with one toy balloon that is either red or blue, just hold the string and enjoy the ride. Once in use it get bigger every 15 min,but will pop if the player fail to unequipt it in 4 expansions that's 1 hour of playing time.Once poped it can never be replaced.

The Hermit shack- A house with one room,enjoy.

The Rotten apple pet-It's a rotten apple,enjoy.

This will be a perfect bundle for beggars, to say enjoy your bundle of joy.

Survivor
May 27, 2013
here is a solution IGNORE THEM thank you

Jason Waterblade

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
How about a wand that looks like a pot of gold. Says 150 damage of "golden magic". Every time you use you loose 150 gold. Costs 100 Crowns.

Valkoor Shadowcaster, Endless Sorcerer

"Without love it cannot be seen"

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
Beggars should receive a warning on the first offense and then suspended for a few days. If caught again begging I would simply ban them, it is extremely annoying ! Buy your OWN crowns and stuff otherwise don't ask or beg period. I would show no leniency on this matter.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
these things should be in the crown shop for beggars some day well I think these things should be added, beggars robe: plain black robe with mud on it and has holes in it with -110 health points and -5 on all school critical ratings, beggars hat: plain cup that is crumbled up -10 mana points and -5 on all block rating, beggars shoes: plain brown boots that are untied, -1 on all resistance school ratings, beggars wand: a pencil, four cards to do 110 damage to self, beggars plant: dead looking plant with no leaves and does not like anything, beggars house: tiny little shack on a tiny cement platform that is brown and in bad shape, beggars housing item: piece of cardboard, beggars anthenm/amlute: drab looking amlute -2 on any boost rating -7 health and mana points and the anthenm does the same thing, beggars mount: rusty flying metal stick, beggars pet: plain lying down stick gives 3 cards for 50 damage points to self, beggars hoard pack: gives all kinds of beggars items. so who agrees we should have this stuff added to the crown shop blaze deathward grandmaster lvl 58 fire

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
Hi all !

begging (ANY type of begging) should be considered as an offense of the rules in this game period. The first offense should get the beggar a warning, the second offense a 1 week suspension and if caught begging again an account ban !

It is beyond annoying to have beggars for crowns, mounts, packs etc.... It's impossible to ignore them all, there's way too many of them !

There should be a rule in the eula about this !

Buy your own crowns, mounts ,etc... otherise PLZ be quiet, you're driving everyone crazy !

Thx for bringing this subject up !

Megan Deathweaver Level 90 and etc...

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
HikaruMidomiya on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
Beggars should receive a warning on the first offense and then suspended for a few days. If caught again begging I would simply ban them, it is extremely annoying ! Buy your OWN crowns and stuff otherwise don't ask or beg period. I would show no leniency on this matter.
And what if YOU begged?

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Rony The Turtle on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
Lol. You are evil. Talk about bullying! Although it is fun to see them ask for gifts.. I usually go into the commons when I wanna troll people asking for gifts.

Typical situation:
Begger: Do you have crowns?
Me: Yes, they are for someone special, do you want to guess who it is?
Begger: Me, can u gift me
Me: No, for myself...
Begger: Noob
Me: Takes one to know one :D (realm switch)
What I hate is when high levels go into there worst clothes and beg for stuff. When I see this it disgusts me I mean you want crown when you are in Azteca? There is a good reason for the poor to ask but the rich ( who are farthe then me in is just wrong

-Luke Lifestone level 81

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
Hey all !

Begging (any type of) should be a suspendable action in this game because indeed it it VERY annoying!

People caught begging should get a warning on the first offense, a week suspension on the second offense and an account ban on the third ! (the same with those pretending it's their Birthday 365 1/4 days a year!)

There are way too many beggars in this game, it's impossible to ignore them all, something should be done about them, it annoys everyone !

Get your own stuff people (be it gold, crowns, mounts, packs,etc...) and stop asking for freebies from others.

It would highly improve the quality of play if beggars were dealt with, right now it's harassing !

Just my opinion !

Have fun all !

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
Hey again !

And what if YOU begged? said Spiral emperor

First you'd never see me beg and if I did the same rules would apply to me, I'm no different, no special treatment for me or anyone else !

Can't stand begging !

Megan Deathweaver Level 90 and etc......

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
people beg me for packs and i dont even have crowns! (Jared RedThief Legendary Wizard Level 68

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
Here's a little act to put up in front of a ton of beggars.

Get a friend that can do it with you. Once you've done that, put on the best crown gear you have, wait in the commons for a bit until the watchers are bunching up, then get your friend to ask you to hatch a pet.

Friend: Hey ____, wanna hatch a pet together?
You: Sure, lemme just sell some stuff so I can hatch.

Then you go off to a shop, and take off ALL of your crown gear to make it look like you sold it, then come back, and go on your merry way to the pet pavilion with your friend with all of those watchers stunned. If anyone does this, I would love a reply of how it went.

Matthew Ironblood, level 50

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
HikaruMidomiya on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
Hey again !

And what if YOU begged? said Spiral emperor

First you'd never see me beg and if I did the same rules would apply to me, I'm no different, no special treatment for me or anyone else !

Can't stand begging !

Megan Deathweaver Level 90 and etc......
Ok, good your not a hypocrite. I quoted what you said. It's a cool feature.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
What I think everyone's not realizing is there's nothing stopping people from giving these to innocent people who aren't even begging.

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
RottenHeart on Feb 27, 2013 wrote:
These items should defintely be added to the crown shop. Giftable items. Non-stitchable, no sale at bazaar.

KI -> No need for fancy graphic development. Old school 2D pixelated is fine. Give this project to your intern or co-op student.

New Crown Shop Items (non-stitchable, no sale at bazaar):

1. Beggar's Hat
- crumby drab looking hat. -50pts health, -5% resistance
- cost: 100 crowns

2. Beggar's Robe
- crumby drab looking robe. -50pts health, -5% damage

3. Beggar's Boots
- crumby sandals. -50pts health, -10% accuracy

4. Beggar's Wand
- tin cup. 4 spells 85pts damage to self.
may i change it a tiny bit

beggar's hat -100pts -5resist and if they dont have resist its a plus 5 damage for the other person or mob

robe -200 pts -10 power pip - 20 resist + seventh out go healing so they can help people - 50 in coming healing

beggars boots + 1 resist - to resist - 50 pts

beggars wand 10 spells of 100 damage to self

and it looks like good stats to beggars so they don't take them off

only giftable and free no buying and if you dont give it to a beggar but you give it to a non beggar all your gear turns in to the beggars gear

stats the beggars see + 100 health + 10 resist 50 power pip chance 700 critical rating 7000 block thats if all gear is on

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Spiral emperor on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
If all you guys hate beggars so much, then just stay out of the commons! And isn't this making fun of homeless people? If its not, then forget what I said. If you don't want people asking to gift you, don't talk to people. I don't know how to do that, except for ignoring them. Actually, one time, there was this guy in the commons, asking for gifts, and then I told him to change realms. He left, and I was happy. :D
Then another time, I wanted to see if this new gifting thing actually worked. I asked for someone to gift me something,then this guy walks up to me. He said,"I'll gift you! Just give me the crowns first!" It was funny. Hahaha. But seriously. If you hate beggars that much, don't even try to gift them. Gifting them insulting crowns gear is still gifting them. See what I'm saying? And there is another way to gift people for free. Take them to mirror lake or some other dungeon. The bosses drop some pretty good crowns gear. If this was just a joke, I don't think it's all that funny. Just my two cents.
Um, i was waiting for my tornament to start, then, a dude starts singing;

"hey a hey a why no gifts for me, why are you people so mean." Over and over and over and wouldn't stop. After a few "STOP IT"s, I ignored him. Sometimes they are everywhere you go.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Alura BH on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
Um, i was waiting for my tornament to start, then, a dude starts singing;

"hey a hey a why no gifts for me, why are you people so mean." Over and over and over and wouldn't stop. After a few "STOP IT"s, I ignored him. Sometimes they are everywhere you go.
They are EVERYWHERE!!! Noooooo! Oh that really gets annoying now. It's all like "I really want someone to gift me! And if ya don't gift me, I'll start pestering innocent bystanders and stuff!" So awful.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
Dr Von on Feb 27, 2013 wrote:
lol, this is awesome.

high-five, rottenheart~ what better way to discourage begging, than to hit them where it hurts.
I liked the hit them where it hurts idea the begger's clothes is a good idea but hitting them where it hurts is even better. BYE!

Ethan Dreamshade Level 64

Defender
May 29, 2013
Blaze Deathward on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
these things should be in the crown shop for beggars some day well I think these things should be added, beggars robe: plain black robe with mud on it and has holes in it with -110 health points and -5 on all school critical ratings, beggars hat: plain cup that is crumbled up -10 mana points and -5 on all block rating, beggars shoes: plain brown boots that are untied, -1 on all resistance school ratings, beggars wand: a pencil, four cards to do 110 damage to self, beggars plant: dead looking plant with no leaves and does not like anything, beggars house: tiny little shack on a tiny cement platform that is brown and in bad shape, beggars housing item: piece of cardboard, beggars anthenm/amlute: drab looking amlute -2 on any boost rating -7 health and mana points and the anthenm does the same thing, beggars mount: rusty flying metal stick, beggars pet: plain lying down stick gives 3 cards for 50 damage points to self, beggars hoard pack: gives all kinds of beggars items. so who agrees we should have this stuff added to the crown shop blaze deathward grandmaster lvl 58 fire
If you could pay for it with Gold and not Crowns, because that would be a waste

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I bought a permanent chestnut pony from the crown shop for 50,000 gold awhile ago. I feel like every time I'm on a mount that I bought with GOLD I always get messages from random people. "Can you gift me?" ..... "Sorry I don't have crowns " is always my reply. Geez people stop bothering other players for stuff!!! I hate it whenever I'm on a mount almost every time someone asks me to gift them. One person who asked me had crowns gear on....

Survivor
Jun 23, 2008
I usually just say, "I can gift you a spot on my ignore list."

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
bik13 on Sep 23, 2013 wrote:
I usually just say, "I can gift you a spot on my ignore list."
this is genius~ we should all use it from now on!

-v.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
I know, this happened to me yesterday. I was just chilling in the commons and eating a hamburger. When this level 10 wizard friend requested me. I accepted so if he needed help him I could help him, but then he messaged me and said " Do you have crowns?" I replied " yes" he then asked me, " could you gift me"?
I replied " no, sorry i use my crowns for ares" then before he unfriended me he said " ok, like anyone ever gifts me :( ". Then he stood there, for awhile. I guess he was waiting for a gift but i deleted him and went to me house. But ya, it is annoying.

Marissa Frostsong level 33 And

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
Marissa Frostsong on Sep 24, 2013 wrote:
I know, this happened to me yesterday. I was just chilling in the commons and eating a hamburger. When this level 10 wizard friend requested me. I accepted so if he needed help him I could help him, but then he messaged me and said " Do you have crowns?" I replied " yes" he then asked me, " could you gift me"?
I replied " no, sorry i use my crowns for ares" then before he unfriended me he said " ok, like anyone ever gifts me :( ". Then he stood there, for awhile. I guess he was waiting for a gift but i deleted him and went to me house. But ya, it is annoying.

Marissa Frostsong level 33 And
Areas*, sorry, i just like having good grammar.

@von Yes we should use that idea, thank you for stating that

@marissa, I have had that happen to me, Just tell him/her "Yes but, gifting is off, and i only use it for areas, Sorry". Nobody likes a beggar, and they swarm you like mosquitoes when they get any hint that you have crowns. He was trying to use his easy pass to gift-city. He was probably making it up by taking off any crowns gear. I have seen it happen with a lvl 5 before.

@HikaruMidomiya Yes, i have seen people act like its always their birthday, Ignore them

Cya all

-Flint strongvault, Master ice mage (AKA lvl 81/82 ice guy)

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
I agree! Not only is it annoying, sometimes random people do this. They're not your friend, they may have just been someone in the commons or wherever you may be. Crowns cost money, they're not free. If a random person came up to you on the street and said, "Can I have 50$?" or "Can you buy me a horse?" would you say yes?

Other excuses are found as "I'm poor." !!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe it is just me, but I am very skeptical of this theory because if you were poor, you probably wouldn't have a computer. Also, it's not very nice if you aren't poor, that you lie to get something that you want.

I see that some insult you or follow you if you won't give them crowns. It makes me laugh how people do this because if I were insulted by anyone I wouldn't be compelled to give them something that cost me money.

So here's a story of mine (and my own ignorance):

So I had a friend. Like normal. One day, he asked if I'd gift him something. I said yes, and I did. I just thought to myself, he's a friend. I'll be nice. Well, after I did this, the next day when I got on, I got another message for it. Every time I got on this kid would ask me if I could gift him something. Eventually I said, "no." He kept messaging me and asking why. And begging me. So I deleted him from my friend list.
If I had learned anything from this experience I would say, "Don't gift unless someone wants something really bad, and they've either asked you once or never." It's because this guy just decided to use me. You may think I'm overreacting, but literally, but everyday, everyday he would ask me if I could gift him something.

-Ashley DeathFlame
Balance Level 67