Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Excessive Beggars are everywhere!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
That's wonderful! If someone asks me to gift them something I'll do this! :)
-Ashley DeathFlame
Balance Level 67

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
HikaruMidomiya on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
Beggars should receive a warning on the first offense and then suspended for a few days. If caught again begging I would simply ban them, it is extremely annoying ! Buy your OWN crowns and stuff otherwise don't ask or beg period. I would show no leniency on this matter.
i agree with that one guy ignore there should not be banning unless its like your eighth time bypassed bad words

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
Same with me lol. I'm only level 36 and everytime I go to the commons people start crowding around me

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Hahahaha!!! Love it! But it would be more cost worthy to have it cost 20 crowns instead of 100 crowns.

~AngelcatDemondog

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
Here's a full set idea for this:
Torn Hat: Looks like default hat, but has rips, dirt, and a mouse living in it. -25% damage (only goes to 0) -150 critical.
Used Robe: Looks like default robe, but very dirty, and exposes more of the arm. -15% damage, -60 critical, -15% resist, and -35 critical block.
Ripped Boots: Looks like default boots, but exposes toes. -10% damage, -25% resist, and -100 critical block.
Price for whole set: 150 crowns. Price seperately: 50 a piece.
Broken Wand:Looks like Wand of the Novice, but broken in half. It has no stats, but hangs as you run.
Cost:1
Lost Battle circle: It's a ring. -350 health and -40 mana.
Cost:5
Dull Blade: -40 health and -200 mana.
Chain of Nothing: It's a necklace that's just a chain, but broken. No stats.
Tight-fit Deck: Looks like starter deck, but holds 90% less cards. Only holds 2 cards and 1 treasure card.
Cost:10
Stubborn Piggle: Regular piggle, but all the talents have no stats.
Sickly Stallion: Regular chestnut pony, but head is hanging down and it usually coughs. -70% speed
Full Cost: 192 crowns.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Spiral emperor on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
They are EVERYWHERE!!! Noooooo! Oh that really gets annoying now. It's all like "I really want someone to gift me! And if ya don't gift me, I'll start pestering innocent bystanders and stuff!" So awful.
guess what there is usually not more then one outside of commons if you hate them ignore instant not after they don't stop

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Wolf DunePyre on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
Here's a full set idea for this:
Torn Hat: Looks like default hat, but has rips, dirt, and a mouse living in it. -25% damage (only goes to 0) -150 critical.
Used Robe: Looks like default robe, but very dirty, and exposes more of the arm. -15% damage, -60 critical, -15% resist, and -35 critical block.
Ripped Boots: Looks like default boots, but exposes toes. -10% damage, -25% resist, and -100 critical block.
Price for whole set: 150 crowns. Price seperately: 50 a piece.
Broken Wand:Looks like Wand of the Novice, but broken in half. It has no stats, but hangs as you run.
Lost Battle circle: It's a ring. -350 health and -40 mana.
Dull Blade: -40 health and -200 mana.
Chain of Nothing: It's a necklace that's just a chain, but broken. No stats.
Tight-fit Deck: Looks like starter deck, but holds 90% less cards. Only holds 2 cards and 1 treasure card.
Stubborn Piggle: Regular piggle, but all the talents have no stats.
Sickly Stallion: Regular chestnut pony, but head is hanging down and it usually coughs. -70% speed
Full Cost: 192 crowns.
hey instead of no stats for stubborn piggle maybe all 25 selfish talents and if they run out some 1 selfish talents lol i would laugh if someone got a 1 up on will lol

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I approve of many of these gift ideas for teaching people that begging is not attractive, and puts a lot of people on edge. Ignoring or leaving anytime begging happens is not feasible.

But on the other hand, I don't know how you'd be able to prevent gift spamming, or completely unsolicited gifting. Know how random folks want to add you as friends and to groups (if your settings allow for it)? How much more annoying would that be if you got gifted 5 sets of beggar gear on your way to bazaar, and never even said a word to anyone?

Explorer
May 17, 2010
Lucas Rain on Oct 26, 2013 wrote:
I approve of many of these gift ideas for teaching people that begging is not attractive, and puts a lot of people on edge. Ignoring or leaving anytime begging happens is not feasible.

But on the other hand, I don't know how you'd be able to prevent gift spamming, or completely unsolicited gifting. Know how random folks want to add you as friends and to groups (if your settings allow for it)? How much more annoying would that be if you got gifted 5 sets of beggar gear on your way to bazaar, and never even said a word to anyone?
Lucas, you bring up a good point, but I would say 2 things: 1. turn gifting off and 2. never accept gifts from strangers.
But more importantly I still say that these gifts will not teach the beggars anything since they will just ignore or delete them. We need to put a limit on the number of gifts that one can receive per day. That way, when the beggar reaches their limit they stop begging, and hopefully they will reach the limit from getting these worthless gifts and just stop begging all together.

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
BrynnerOfReign on Feb 28, 2013 wrote:
Perfect. Just, perfect. Love the idea. Maybe instead of costing 100 crowns, we would receive +1 crown for every piece of outfit we 'gift' beggars.

The Rotten Lemon mount could 'dump' the rider every 5-10 minutes. More often if that person is in a crowd of people in the Commons, or other public area.
What do you mean "dump" the player? Do you mean throw the rider off their mount?

Monica 37

Destiny 20

Isabella 9

Suri 8

Llewella and Fiona 6 and

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
There is no real way for players or Kings Isle to stop other players from begging. It is going to happen regardless. Those out there that give in to the beggars and gift them are only encouraging the beggars to continue to beg. As others have already mentioned here, the best thing to do is ignore them. If everyone does that, hopefully the player will get the hint and stop begging.

Explorer
May 17, 2010
Linsilee Moonwillo... on Oct 29, 2013 wrote:
There is no real way for players or Kings Isle to stop other players from begging. It is going to happen regardless. Those out there that give in to the beggars and gift them are only encouraging the beggars to continue to beg. As others have already mentioned here, the best thing to do is ignore them. If everyone does that, hopefully the player will get the hint and stop begging.
Linsilee, although you are correct in theory, it just isn't practical. The reason there are beggars is that some people do give and since there are new people all the time, it isn't realistic to think we can stop everyone from gifting them. KI could stop begging by getting rid of the gifting option, but that won't happen (and then the TC trading also). An alternative to stopping the begging is to make it harder and/or more annoying for the beggars. Since I believe there are many more people annoyed with the begging than willing to gift, this thread give us a way to annoy the beggars right back. However, as I keep saying, this will only be effective if KI puts a limit on the number of gifts that can be received per day so that after he/she accepts 3,4, or however many of bogus gifts from us, he/she can't receive any more for the day and therefore has no reason to keep begging for at least that day. And after a few days of getting junk/bogus gifts, hopefully that beggar will give up altogether

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
A gifting recipient limit would be kind of awkward. What if me and a friend are ripping packs together and I'm gifting him packs until he opens [insert item here] and then stop?

Better to just ignore the begging.

Explorer
May 17, 2010
crunkatog on Oct 31, 2013 wrote:
A gifting recipient limit would be kind of awkward. What if me and a friend are ripping packs together and I'm gifting him packs until he opens [insert item here] and then stop?

Better to just ignore the begging.
Crunkatog, thank you, finally someone gives me a reason why a limit might be a problem. But that said, I suggest the solution is to allow gift "packages" in which a single "gift package" may contain multiple items and to incorporate a suggestion from another thread about having a card pack set.
So in light of having a limit and maybe you wanting to gift a bunch of things to a friend, then just like any online shop, you select all the items and quantities of each item and then buy/ship it at one time the same should be done with gifting so a single gift could include many items. This is already done for many pack and bundle codes.
Second was a suggestion in another thread that for some much large amount of crown you could buy a card set that would include some x number of packs and be guaranteed to have at least 1 of each item from that pack. The number of packs and/or cost of this card set is up to KI and then people could decide to buy a few at a time and hope they are lucky or spend more and just be done with it (now thinking about it there might be a backpack size issue here but KI programmers are smart and I'm sure they can fix that).
So back to you, Crunkatog, I'm not sure you would be happy with either of these solutions (in the first you might gift 20 or 30 at a time and buy more than you need to and the second you might not want to lay out that much money for a whole card set) but I really wonder how many people do this sort of 'chain gifting'.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
once i saw some wizard riding on a panther in crowns clothes asking for gifts, really?

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Develop a new game for them named Beggar101.

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
OK! I believe many people are tired of this:

"Can you gift me?"
"You won't gift me. Mean."
And other comments?

Well join the club! I hate beggars! They should ban the phrases:

"Can someone (or you) gift me (put in item they want)?"
"Please gift me (what they want)!"
"You won't gift me, meanie!"
And other gift related phrases. I just had to put up with a real beggar who kept arguing with me. This is what I can recall:

Beggar (I'm nice enough to not say her name): Can someone gift me?
Me: No. Get a job.
Beggar: I'm too young to get a job.
Me: Too bad. People don't gift strangers.
Beggar: I'll give Treasure Cards.
Me: Lots of people don't use Treasure Cards. All they're good for is scamming others.
Beggar: Says who? Your magic mirror?
Me: No.
Beggar: I bet you have no friends. You don't even have a mount.
Me: Yes I do! (well I did but it was not on that wizard)
Beggar: Lie!
Me: I just don't want to ride it. I think it is ugly. (this wasn't totally true.it wasn't on my wizard i was using and i didn't want to switch just to get it)
Beggar: I am too young to get a ******* job so just shut the **** up! (i did report for her swearing)
A little later after I switched realms:
Beggar: Well I do baby-sit and I give the money to my grandma for my phone bill.
Me: Then don't use your phone.

I ignored her and things were OK then. I even logged off so I could type this. Kingsisle! Help me and other people stop begging forever! It is ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!

Monica 39

Destiny 22

Llewella (the wizard who was there at the scene) 11

Isabella 9

Suri 8

Fiona 7

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
natenkate on Nov 14, 2012 wrote:
Beggar: "Can you gift me?"
Me ; "No"
Beggar: "Why not?"
Me: "What have you done to earn it?"
Beggar: "(insert random filter dodge swear word or insult)"

As if that is going to change my mind? I wish begging was a reportable offense instead of having to get them to swear at me to report them. It would save so much time.
Nice strategy! Might have to try that.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
My friends ask me a lot for packs or etc. I think it's kind of a annoying. They should just not put a "gift" icon.

Dustin Drakemancer- Level 45

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Blaze Deathward on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
these things should be in the crown shop for beggars some day well I think these things should be added, beggars robe: plain black robe with mud on it and has holes in it with -110 health points and -5 on all school critical ratings, beggars hat: plain cup that is crumbled up -10 mana points and -5 on all block rating, beggars shoes: plain brown boots that are untied, -1 on all resistance school ratings, beggars wand: a pencil, four cards to do 110 damage to self, beggars plant: dead looking plant with no leaves and does not like anything, beggars house: tiny little shack on a tiny cement platform that is brown and in bad shape, beggars housing item: piece of cardboard, beggars anthenm/amlute: drab looking amlute -2 on any boost rating -7 health and mana points and the anthenm does the same thing, beggars mount: rusty flying metal stick, beggars pet: plain lying down stick gives 3 cards for 50 damage points to self, beggars hoard pack: gives all kinds of beggars items. so who agrees we should have this stuff added to the crown shop blaze deathward grandmaster lvl 58 fire
Don't forget the mount constantly teleports the user to the commons and reduces speed by 100%.

Luke Spritehammer- Currently a Level 64 Legendary in Zafaria

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
My crowns are more special to me than just an in-game currency when I get them. My grandpa and grandma give them to me as presents on special days because they are happy to watch me playing with them on Wizard101 and getting new things. I personally have never seen a person beg me for stuff on Wizard101 (except one of my real life friends who was almost to the point of begging to gift me stuff but I will talk about that later). I would be very angry because in games I have played in the past there have always been beggars asking for something or other and I have heavily disliked them.

The closest thing I have been seeing to begging in the Commons is scamming. People are saying that they will gift packs or give memberships for treasure cards. I keep warning the victim, but they always tell me to be quiet and back off rudely. This is where I start watching the "trade" unravel. Then the scam happens and they scream that nobody warned them and I bet they start rage reporting.

Anyway. I have these two awesome friends in real life who reintroduced me to Wizard101 (twice). One of these friends is this crown coupon guy and WANTS to gift us packs because of this deal that he gets crowns for like 1/100 of the price or something through some coupon system or discount. My other friend and I didn't quite trust him and didn't want him to squander his money in the case that he was lying. He started literally begging us to gift them to US. Eventually, we believed him and he gifts us a pack every once in a while. This was a really ironic circumstance.

I go everywhere with my crafted armor and I am safe from the people who want me to gift them randomly. I did have to turn friend request receives because I get a ton of friend requests from low levels when I go anywhere.

Luke Spritehammer- Currently a Level 64 Legendary in Zafaria

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
I completely agree. Its unnecessary!

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
chadifer on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
What I hate is when high levels go into there worst clothes and beg for stuff. When I see this it disgusts me I mean you want crown when you are in Azteca? There is a good reason for the poor to ask but the rich ( who are farthe then me in is just wrong

-Luke Lifestone level 81
-_- so now being high level means where rich?

a way to stay out of being begged a lot is put no mount on and a low level wand and hero of unicorn way badge and jester gear from eloise merryweather she gives gear that just about any level would have

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
It is true so many people beg me for packs -_- even if i don't have any crowns they beg me to get crowns. The only person in my house that knows the master password in my house is my dad, and i don't want to waste his money just for crowns.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2014
I agree I mean this is insane I mean you can't even give them crowns(at least I cant) I dont want to get myself into trouble so I just pass them by and ignore them. Truely its the best thing to do if you dont want to get reported.Oh and a tip for the people who want crowns to buy stuff some stuff at the crown shop you can actually by stuff with coins just go down to where it says "buy" there's a box around it on the left side it says crowns on the right it says coins click on it.tip(buying stuff with coins at the crown shop costs a lot like in the 100,000s range) stay cool

Amber thundershard lvl 16