Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Excessive Beggars are everywhere!

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
RottenHeart on Feb 27, 2013 wrote:
These items should defintely be added to the crown shop. Giftable items. Non-stitchable, no sale at bazaar.

KI -> No need for fancy graphic development. Old school 2D pixelated is fine. Give this project to your intern or co-op student.

New Crown Shop Items (non-stitchable, no sale at bazaar):

1. Beggar's Hat
- crumby drab looking hat. -50pts health, -5% resistance
- cost: 100 crowns

2. Beggar's Robe
- crumby drab looking robe. -50pts health, -5% damage

3. Beggar's Boots
- crumby sandals. -50pts health, -10% accuracy

4. Beggar's Wand
- tin cup. 4 spells 85pts damage to self.
for the wand it should be more like infinite spells that take over every single spell in your deck to do its affect which would be kill self instantly for no pips and heals wouldn't help.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
thomasnightriver on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
i myself agree but i hope it would be something we could gift using gold. i dont have crowns as of now so i'd like to gift people beggar stuff. now how about a beggar minion spell in the beggars hoard pack. the minion spams an insane bolt that kills whoever you use it on and the minion keeps killing the beggar. lol that would be so funny. but as well the game should not let you gift a nonbeggar that pack or w101 would run out of money as people wouldnt come on due to a chance of getting that pack. sorry i couldnt resist posting this lol.

thomas nightriver lvl 23

thomas blade lvl 9

thomas blade lvl 7

thomas blade lvl 7
or maybe even a beggar transformation that keeps you stuck in the same spot for five hours. you can't chat, can't jump, can't wear a mount, and can't have a pet by your side, cannot spin around, and cannot take it off. every time you try to move is another five minutes. the look would look like a homeless man. and about the minion, you wouldn't be able to use the sacrifice minion spells. and the minion could never be damaged by even the enemies and has 300,000,000,000 health.

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
boo311311 on Jul 12, 2010 wrote:
yeah when i go through commons on my storm guy or fire (storm has a horse but fire has a broom) some lvl 1, 2, .......
comes and starts saying plz gift me a mount and i am out of crowns now i keep saying that, they dont understand that i am out of crowns and one of them reported me!!!!!!! i didnt do nothing
plz KI figure something out
The moderators will keep you from being banned if you didn't do anything worth an actual report. So no need to worry. The reporter will be the one who gets banned.

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
Jordan Ice Flame on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
Yea I hate how everyone is asking me for gifts.

I dont like how people are just running around say "I need a boy/girl". It just is very scary and weird.

I have never heard "Can you give me a ride on you're Hydra/rhino/dino/raven?" before.

I dont like all of the random friend requests. I mean I don't even know them.

I do like the idea that being a higher level means you have unlimited crowns. But I don't have a really high level. I mean my hightest level is 43-45 ( I am not sure which).

I have a friend that plays and he lives right across the street so i gave him a few pet packs and a mount you know for Christmas. Then he is all over me asking for more packsI mean I was baffald and even when I said no he kept asking Then he came to my friends house and asked my friend if he would gift him I had to step in and get him to stop so I am quite mad at him for doing that.

The Problem is that I am incabable of saying no So I had gotten 60,000 crowns for Christmas and then my friend wanted a new mount (even though he had Hydra and a lot of other mounts) that was in a pack so we bought a few and then I was done like 3,000 crowns. Then my friend asked if I would gift him a pet and it was a very costly pet. I think it was 14,000 crowns so I was losing crowns quick and I didn't spend any of it for me
So then my friend came over (the one that I mentioned before) and I spent like 6,000 for him then I only had a few left. Then I broke and I got my self a lot of things because i didn't want everone to use it all for me. Then my brother my brother asked for pet packs I gave him like 4 or 3 Then I bought the lama then my friend that I bought the pet for asked for a mount (the sleigh mount) and so I him it then I was brokeI had 1,000. So then I couldn't get the owl pet that i wanted and was thinking about getting because I wasn't quiet sure if I should.
Jordan IceFlame lvl 43-45 Ice (and I will not be mad if you do not want to read all of this it is a little long)
Here's my idea, buy yourself items before anyone else's so you can get what you want.

Survivor
May 07, 2014
Bluestar0713 on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
Here's my idea, buy yourself items before anyone else's so you can get what you want.
my idea too

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
People work hard to get things, and then beggars just come in and trick them into giving what they worked hard for. I am sick and tired of beggars. I am almost never in the commons because of them. If people stop giving them stuff, then beggars would go away.

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
Elkqueen on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
Yeah. I think that there should be a realm for members only. Wouldn't that be nice? I can't stop thinking about it! It would be paradise
Yes, great paradise. I wish it would happen because non members ask me to take them to member only places, it gets so annoying!

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
Anonymous510 on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
Yeah so I was wondering if the wizard 101 administrators would make it "ok" if we were allowed to report someone if they were begging and not suspend our account. Please do something about this issue thanks.
I know right? It wold be easier but don't forget about he trusty "ignore button"

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
I'm sorry about that! I don't have text chat so i don't know about it but they should stop. But i am so happy because yesterday a friend gifted me a arcus cloud permanent mount! Maybe cause I helped her battle stuff in chrysalis?

Explorer
Aug 09, 2013
elementaldragon on Oct 19, 2009 wrote:
I know exactly what you mean -_-........When i was just strolling around in wc on my dragon mount, i had 5 noobs ask me to gift them a mount for their noob treasure cards. Why on earth would i give them a permanent mount that costs at least 50,000 when i already saved up 90,000 to get my own dragon mount? NO AMOUNT OF TREASURE CARDS IS WORTH 50,000 GOLD!!!! If i could save up that much gold then anyone else should be able to. Just find a boss you can easily kill and save the drops and sell them....its so easy -_-
Yeah exactly. I had to do the same thing for my wooded cottage. Although no one asks me for anything just because I'm "only" level 19 and I don't have a permanent mount. I guess most players only trust members (although I am a member) with an awesome mount.

And yeah. I gotta find an easy way to get a PM.

- Jacob Bluesword, Level 19 Pyromancer

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
Blaze Deathward on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
for the wand it should be more like infinite spells that take over every single spell in your deck to do its affect which would be kill self instantly for no pips and heals wouldn't help.
I love the idea of a beggers outfit! There should be emblems on them that says "begger" just like the death outfits.

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
i just dont go to the commons and stay in Dragonspyre or Moosho where nobody does that

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
lizardmaster12 on Mar 28, 2010 wrote:
wow i have wings and i never got begged
I have a panther and I have never been begged

Erica Angelshard
Level 16 Pyromancer

P.S May have spelled Pyromancer wrong

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
I agree and disagree in some ways. I don't like it when people come up to me and ask me for things. It gets pretty frustrating. I feel like if you're above level thirty or so, people will ask you for tc/gifts/etc. Honestly, sure, it's frustrating. But all you have to do is ignore them. Port away. Tell them you don't have crowns or many tc.
-Ashley Deathflame
Level 72
Balance

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
It really annoys me when people do that, but the worst beggars are the ones who add you as a friend then continue to ask about gifting or trading treasure cards.
I also saw one yesterday and apparently it was his birthday and he wanted someone to gift him. Maybe it was his birthday? Probably not

- Madison Dragonrider

Defender
May 17, 2014
Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
I myself, have never seen a beggar. I Don't know what your talking about.

Catherine Reade- 53

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
I agree so much. Beggars are annoying, especially when they friend you and then constantly ask. -_-

One time a beggar had ported to one of my friends in my house and it drove me insane. He asked every single one of us to gift him a mount I sent him away though. -_-

When a beggar comes up to you, the best thing to do is just ignore them and go on with your business. Don't reply or anything, unless you want to say you don't have any crowns. (And trust me, that works well on getting rid of them.)

-Oracle

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
LOL! A Laissez-faire economy! But I haven't been begged from in years.

Survivor
May 21, 2013
So true! It's really annoying... can you even gift mounts?

Greatings from,
Christina Fairyflame78
Haley Sunblossom48
Morgan Stormcloud27
Alia Swift38

Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
Not a day goes by that I don't get asked to trade treasure cards or something from people I don't even KNOW.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2012
I agree I mean in the commons I cant even stay there for more than 5 seconds without getting mobbed for mounts, crowns, codes, etc. I have to run straight through the commons, non-stop. I have found I can not enjoy WZ any more. I have had to buy a bundle to get the arena and bazaar tapestries just to travel to them, I mean, come on! if you go to Azteca or Avalon it isn't as bad but, getting that high a lvl just to get away from beggars is just dumb. I totally agree. Justin Ironflame lvl 90

Survivor
Dec 23, 2012
This happens all the time and it makes me wonder if your not willing to spend money on the game then don't play it. It is really annoying and it seems to be getting out of hand.

Explorer
Aug 09, 2013
Jacob BlueSword on Sep 1, 2014 wrote:
Yeah exactly. I had to do the same thing for my wooded cottage. Although no one asks me for anything just because I'm "only" level 19 and I don't have a permanent mount. I guess most players only trust members (although I am a member) with an awesome mount.

And yeah. I gotta find an easy way to get a PM.

- Jacob Bluesword, Level 19 Pyromancer
But I don't mean being a beggar. Please don't take me wrong.

Survivor
May 15, 2011
proplayer508 on Feb 25, 2015 wrote:
I agree I mean in the commons I cant even stay there for more than 5 seconds without getting mobbed for mounts, crowns, codes, etc. I have to run straight through the commons, non-stop. I have found I can not enjoy WZ any more. I have had to buy a bundle to get the arena and bazaar tapestries just to travel to them, I mean, come on! if you go to Azteca or Avalon it isn't as bad but, getting that high a lvl just to get away from beggars is just dumb. I totally agree. Justin Ironflame lvl 90
Beggars are not that bad (depends on which one) I have ones who ask to hatch so they can get a nice pet which I can relate to cause I use to want nice pets. The rest just want mounts packs and etc. Its not just the new players, exalted players beg too for idk crazy things Some have crowns but don't want to use it and those are the ones that are making me stay away from the commons.

unknown life wiz