Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Excessive Beggars are everywhere!

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Alia Cloud on Mar 4, 2017 wrote:
I think that the people who want these things feel like they can't get them at all. Maybe if Kingsisle released a giveaway sometimes? Maybe people would stop begging.
You could give a free pack or transformation away, maybe a cheap mount or elixir. If people had a chance to get what they wanted, they might stop asking higher level people to buy them items.
I understand how this can be frustrating. I have had a lot of asking like that and usually it's hard for me to turn people down, but I do it sometimes. Whenever I do, I feel bad about it. If KI gave something away every month or two, that could be a solution.

Alia Cloud, Adept Sorceress
KingsIsle releases plenty of giveaways. When Mirage came out, they gave a free mount, all they asked was that you had a membership or bought crowns for that month. During the Friendship Festival, there were free codes for pet snacks. 12 Days of the Spiral brings many "goodies" our way.
Doing your daily assignments will get you gold, crowns, and items from the crown shop.
I wonder if most of these beggars are making a "career" of begging, all they have to do is find some soft-hearted, generous soul ( absolutely not saying that being that way is a bad thing ) to get something for free. Tossing them a pack will only have them continue their begging, because you've proved that it's possible to get something.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2014
SparkleTude on Mar 5, 2017 wrote:
I know that was in reply to someone else but since we're all on topic and reading, I feel it's fair if I chime in too.

I know the character of the people I hang out with.

If anyone begins to show some undesirable character traits, then I delete them.

In those cases they were strangers to begin with.

Yes it is entirely possible people can be 'fake' but in the end what difference does that make in an online game. We can only go by what people do in our presence and act accordingly.

Usually people show their 'true colors' pretty quickly. People who are 'users' of others do not care about friendship so they will quickly seek to exploit. Once that happens, usually within the same day of the friend invitation being accepted, or next time I log in and they're on too, then they get deleted and ignored. /shrug

The real problem people are talking about I think are those who annoy an entire area by spamming local chat with "give me stuff."

JMO.
Now this, I can get behind. It has no delusions of grandeur. It is straight forward and to the point. +1 Charm!

Survivor
Feb 04, 2017
anecorbie on Mar 5, 2017 wrote:
KingsIsle releases plenty of giveaways. When Mirage came out, they gave a free mount, all they asked was that you had a membership or bought crowns for that month. During the Friendship Festival, there were free codes for pet snacks. 12 Days of the Spiral brings many "goodies" our way.
Doing your daily assignments will get you gold, crowns, and items from the crown shop.
I wonder if most of these beggars are making a "career" of begging, all they have to do is find some soft-hearted, generous soul ( absolutely not saying that being that way is a bad thing ) to get something for free. Tossing them a pack will only have them continue their begging, because you've proved that it's possible to get something.
Thanks for telling me, I forgot a lot about that
Anyways, I usually turn my friend requests off exactly for this reason. Friend requests are technically optional, and you get to decide what kind of friend requests you accept. I usually only accept FriendFinder ones so that i know the people adding me are true friends, not fake ones I keep because I really hate deleting people off my list. If you turn your friend requests off it could automatically show them, I don't want to talk right now, or it could tell them to just stop in general.
That's my interpretation but it could be completely wrong so you don't have to agree on any of this
-Alia Cloud, adept Sorceress