Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Excessive Beggars are everywhere!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
I was actually one of those people you are talking about at one point. I was down on my luck in real life and had no money for crowns, but desperately needed a mega snack pack. I wasn't trying to bribe or threaten or scam anyone. I promised that I would give away free treasure cards for a gifted mega snack pack and got reported one time. I am not a scammer because I was the victim of a scam once and know how it feels. I was very scared and sent in a complaint about a wrongful reporting. I felt awful after reading this and I haven't asked since. I didn't know it was illegal (if it is) and I hope nothing happens to me because I love the game so much and wouldn't want to jeopardize my chances of playing such an awesome game. So I apologize to anyone reading this who have been asked for a gift or anything like this

Blaze IronBlade lvl 39 Magus Pyromancer
The power of Fire burns inside me......

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
RottenHeart on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
It would be really cool if a kudos system could be put in place. If your kudos drop too much certain priveliges get lost until you raise your count up again.

- Players can give/recieve kudos.
- All players start with 10 kudos points.
- A player can give a positive kudos only once per 12 hours.
- A player can give a negative kudos only once per 12 hours.
- A player can recieve unlimited posive/negative kudos.
- If a player's kudos drops below zero (goes negative) gaming limitations start setting in.
- kudos are based on account - not individual wizards.

People might start begging for positive kudos? Not likely.

What kinds of limitations can be placed on wizards?
- ability to port into worlds they don't have spiral key.
- ability to trade tc's
- ability to port to other player's houses.
- open chat priviledges

There could be bonus for people with high kudos counts.
Reminds me of another game that added this sort of feature. Things glot a little better, bot not much :/

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
RottenHeart on Feb 27, 2013 wrote:
These items should defintely be added to the crown shop. Giftable items. Non-stitchable, no sale at bazaar.

KI -> No need for fancy graphic development. Old school 2D pixelated is fine. Give this project to your intern or co-op student.

New Crown Shop Items (non-stitchable, no sale at bazaar):

1. Beggar's Hat
- crumby drab looking hat. -50pts health, -5% resistance
- cost: 100 crowns

2. Beggar's Robe
- crumby drab looking robe. -50pts health, -5% damage

3. Beggar's Boots
- crumby sandals. -50pts health, -10% accuracy

4. Beggar's Wand
- tin cup. 4 spells 85pts damage to self.
I would buy this, and use my santa hat with a beard.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Yeppers folks! My son (like me) is a sort of pet freak. He was in the hatchery the other day and asked a guy if he wanted to hatch a pet with him, well the guy replied "I only hatch for a mega snack pack." By saying guy, I meant it was a male wizard.

Anyways I was playing with him and told him to forget about it and not to worry about hatching with people like that. I would have understood it much better if the other person had asked for a elixir for using up their hatch but for something that costs 2500 crowns when not on sale? That is a bit absurd. I understand it also costs the other play time and gold so I would not be against them asking for a timer reset. I have even offered those to players if they hatched with me.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2012
This is great, RottenHeart!
There should also be a Seagull pet!
-Most beggers would want it because it sounds and looks cute, But here are the effects!
-Seagull
-Leaves white and brown stains on your head every 10-15 minutes. Hmmm....
-Loudly screeches "You need a haircut!" while in battle.
-All selfish talents! Joy!
-Pedigree shows as 69.22, But we all know thats not happening!
-1000 Crowns.
~SabrinaMisty Queen of all things Mythical and Shiny.

Explorer
May 17, 2010
I actually mentioned an idea on another thread that goes better here. I don't think we need to give negative or 'bad' items to these beggars, they will just ignore them.
But what if gift receiving also had a timer so maybe you can only receive 1 gift per day.
Then add any simple or worthless item for little or no crowns. Then when these beggars get a gift (good or bad) they really can't beg for the rest of the day (since their timer won't let them get another gift until the next day). Since beggers are begging from strangers they have no idea what they will really get, they will just get a window saying,
You have been gifted. Do you accept?
If people take advantage of this then I think we can really cut down on begging since they will realize how fruitless it will be. But real friends will be able gift each other just fine (at least once a day )

Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
Nolsterbuckr on Aug 8, 2012 wrote:
I have played this game for over two years now, and the only main problem is not the game itself, but some of the players.
Almost every time I get on do I receive a flood of people in the Commons begging me to gift them crowns or packs. This is extremely annoying to me, and I am sure many others are sick and tired of it.
I know right. I had a friend who kept on begging me and begging me for packs and i'm like what the heck get your own money buy your own crowns stop begging me for stuff!

Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
One time i was talkign to a friend and he asked like seven times for packs. i hate it when that happens because its like people only care about themselves and they think its their crowns, but if you ask me, you should just ignore them because if they want stuff, they can buy the crowns.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
GodOfWizards1030 on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
I was actually one of those people you are talking about at one point. I was down on my luck in real life and had no money for crowns, but desperately needed a mega snack pack. I wasn't trying to bribe or threaten or scam anyone. I promised that I would give away free treasure cards for a gifted mega snack pack and got reported one time. I am not a scammer because I was the victim of a scam once and know how it feels. I was very scared and sent in a complaint about a wrongful reporting. I felt awful after reading this and I haven't asked since. I didn't know it was illegal (if it is) and I hope nothing happens to me because I love the game so much and wouldn't want to jeopardize my chances of playing such an awesome game. So I apologize to anyone reading this who have been asked for a gift or anything like this

Blaze IronBlade lvl 39 Magus Pyromancer
The power of Fire burns inside me......
since people beg me for gifts more often than i care to keep track of, here is my 2 cents' worth:

even though your intentions were honest, and it's not against the rules, asking for gifts is frowned upon because it's disrespectful. i work very hard for every dollar i earn, so why should i give any of it to someone i don't know?

i'm not poor, by any means. but i am not a bank and, therefore, don't have an infinite supply of the green stuff; if i gifted every person who ever asked, i would be broke (and possibly homeless), because it's just not financially feasible.

when we are going through hard times, we learn the difference between needs and wants: you didn't need a mega snack pack, you wanted one. if you're down on your luck in real life, as most of us have been or will be at some point, you should have other priorities.

fyi, the person who reported you was wrong for doing so, as begging (and even scamming) is not a reportable offense~ nothing will happen to you. and i accept your apology.

-v.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Great idea for beggars! At least you gave me a smile tonight.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
Shadow warrior on May 16, 2013 wrote:
here is the troll pack

i have an idea sort of like the "Great Idea For Beggars" topic.

Cost: 399 crowns (like any pack)

A troll pack. Upon opening it you get all sort of joke items. and when a player nearby clicks on profile and hits the added "Interact" button, a GUI pops up with a selection of all the areas the joke item is on. and if you Stitch it, the stats and name disappear from your players public profile view, the joke is on them! it can be anywhere from the Troll Faic (look it up) popping up on screen, or a random useless item going into the inventory of the other person depending on where the person clicks on your avatar.

The pack gives 3 variations of every joke item. Boy, Girl, And rare.

The rare items can be sold at bazaar for a hefty amount of gold, or three times more crowns than the pack's cost (as its a 2 in 2000 chance of showing up

Also the rare gives a boost on any stat for you, could be speed, could be health, could be mana, crit or block rating, or all.

The butter and bread of the pack though, is Trololand, a house that has a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of drop, and has secrets, illusions, and rides that are like minigames, only you dont do much or anything at all. Also there are those games like the claw grabber game. 2 in every 50 people would get a decent prize, one play per day, and to play you need to pay 200 gold into a token machine for a cup of tokens (enough for every game in the arcade).

The house itself is the manager's office which, like the TARDIS, is much bigger on the inside with a whopping 10,000 item limit.

If you like this say so in he desc. and if you really want, the trololand park can also have a dispenser for the troll pack, but instead of 7 items only one item, and for gold amount of 10,000
But, is'nt this for beggars? You don't want to give the beggar this great pack! I would keep it for myself!
Also,the TARDIS is infinate! Plus,If this becomes real, I would spend $20 only on this pack! Great idea though!

Anna Ghostheart

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
Dr Von on Feb 27, 2013 wrote:
lol, this is awesome.

high-five, rottenheart~ what better way to discourage begging, than to hit them where it hurts.
It is not awesome. This is actually an insult.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
lordfuzzywubbums on Feb 27, 2013 wrote:
kinda harsh man
Kudos. And I think this could be a Conduct violation.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
RottenHeart on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
It would be really cool if a kudos system could be put in place. If your kudos drop too much certain priveliges get lost until you raise your count up again.

- Players can give/recieve kudos.
- All players start with 10 kudos points.
- A player can give a positive kudos only once per 12 hours.
- A player can give a negative kudos only once per 12 hours.
- A player can recieve unlimited posive/negative kudos.
- If a player's kudos drops below zero (goes negative) gaming limitations start setting in.
- kudos are based on account - not individual wizards.

People might start begging for positive kudos? Not likely.

What kinds of limitations can be placed on wizards?
- ability to port into worlds they don't have spiral key.
- ability to trade tc's
- ability to port to other player's houses.
- open chat priviledges

There could be bonus for people with high kudos counts.
Unfair. One word!

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
Hmm, just thought I'd make a point here... The idea needs a little development on who and why someone is gifting it. Trolls (not you guys in Cyclops Lane!) and bullies might use this to their advantage to just get on your nerves. When you consider it, it isn't the best idea unless it was specifically modified to beggars, which would be difficult.

It's a good thought, but maybe you should try delving into the possibilities behind it. This might lose some players to the game. Just bringing in my two cents, not attempting to directly insult anyone.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
That could be so mean, but it is funny how people might buy them. I mean, people bought the sloth mount, why not stuff that makes you worse?

From, Diana Swiftfountain lvl 84

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
Epic Awesome on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
Kudos. And I think this could be a Conduct violation.
did NOT mean that...

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
wake up coffee; it says it gives you limited time infinite pet snacks and limited time infinite energy but it really makes you explode after five seconds of use and then your clothes and wands and pets housing items etc. fly everywhere lololol

el crocodile;give one pi (math thingy) spells the pi spell does nothing but turn all of your cards into a bunch of numbers even tc then replaces all cards with a spell that cost one hundred pips to cast call trololol spell and does nothing but does a back flip and heals the person your up against also gives the munch card when you cast it it will say does 9 billion healing points to all friends but it really eats all of your friends and you can see their skeletons and you will be sent to commons even if you are in krokatopia azteca etc

Survivor
Mar 02, 2011
RottenHeart on Feb 27, 2013 wrote:
To complete the full ensemble:

Mount: Rotten Lemon
- A useless mount that travels at -5% regular speed.
- Cost: 200 crowns

The Rotten Lemon stats should say +40% speed. It could also state damage and resistance boosts too. And extra 10% pip chance. None of which is true... because its a lemon! Thats the whole joke!

To make it even better the Rotten Lemon could look and travel great for the first 12 hours of use, and then rapidly degrade. This way people who don't know better think they got something good.

Actually, I would pay 3000 crowns to gift someone a Rotten Lemon mount that degrades after 12 hours. Especially one of those really annoying gamers found in Wizard City commons.
This would be good for those who are friends with me for my hydra

Monica Shadowsheild lvl 20

Explorer
Dec 16, 2012
Don`t forget the Stale Bread pet snack! It automatically gets your pet to Mega, gets all the best talents, and leaves stats be the first time. The second time, it says it maxes all stats, but it kills your pet, leaving behind a sticky magical residue that destroys everything that you try to put in your backpack.

Fred Nightbreath, lvl 48

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
BlizzsrdMoonStorm on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
But, is'nt this for beggars? You don't want to give the beggar this great pack! I would keep it for myself!
Also,the TARDIS is infinate! Plus,If this becomes real, I would spend $20 only on this pack! Great idea though!

Anna Ghostheart
it is for beggars, i copied and pasted it from "Noob Badge". I accidentally put it there once.

You keep the pack and use it on yourself. I could ask for it to be a bundle though, and have the clothes Troll-Changable.

What happens is a random guy clicks you and your status to see if you got new crown stuff on. He sees it and asks "Can u gift meh plezs" and you reply "Ok, click the interact button on me and you get a free crown pack."

He does and a small Un-closeable popup show up with a *list of gear you got on and if a person clicks on one and doesn't just log out funny things happen like their clothes go to a pink like that color and their char starts chatting stuff like "Eye ahrr pikkkle" (i are pickle) making them look like a hilarious joking fool

Yes the TARDIS may be CLOSE to infinate, but impossible to be as The Doctor would get lost so easily when he was trying to help Clara in "Journey to the Center of the TARDIS"

and the bundle (if it would be turned into one) would prob be 39 (aka 40) dollars US or whatever the common bundle is. And the TARDIS house would come in the pack instead of being a rare chance

Thanks,

Flint Strongvault Technomage, Ice, and Warrior of Shadows

*(btw the clothes are CALLED "Cloak of Rewarding, Cap of Prizes, etc." but they really prank the person liek the Me Gusta meme popping up once every few second for a 7 second span. So basically its a PvE prank as they fumble around and get pulled into battle)

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I got a problem with too many people who become dependent on my help (totally dependent, need me to carry them through almost every step of an activity area).

Rather than just ignore/remove them all, I'd like to reward the ones with that tiny amount of character left to them, with a gift.

Do-It-Yourself Kit. 500 gold, is a giftable item.

The recipient gets:

--Every time they type or use menu chat to type "help" or "port", a dialog box will pop up asking them if they would like to buy a henchman. This effect lasts until they complete ALL of the open quests in their quests queue, or until they buy a henchman.

--Daily reminders to complete their side quests so they can level up. Daily reminders to look for opportunities to craft or buy better gear in the bazaar. Hourly reminders to do a complete gear and deck check before each battle so they are well-prepared. This effect lasts 7 days.

--Every time they open their friends list, a dialog box will pop up asking them. "Have you offered to help another person on their quests today?" Then the dialog box will disappear, and so will the friends list, and it will lock them out of their friends list for ten minutes. This conditional friends list will last 7 days.

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
Survivor
Jan 07, 2013
Here is the simplest solution to begging. To players that have not payed a penny to the game, they have 60 minutes to login to website, pay or redeem card. If not account terminated! Also, they won't be able to beg anymore, because their mac address would be banned, so at least make a crowns purchase to Kingsisle or don't bother trying to play again. Or when someone begs, they automatically get sent to a realm called beggar's realm, it's in the commons. Then in there beggars will beg beggars for gifts!

Probably my last post for a while, membership expires tuesday. Will buy sub when possible.

Eric StormHunter Level 81 Storm
Christo Blueleaf Level 32 Life

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
DominoDog222 on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
Don`t forget the Stale Bread pet snack! It automatically gets your pet to Mega, gets all the best talents, and leaves stats be the first time. The second time, it says it maxes all stats, but it kills your pet, leaving behind a sticky magical residue that destroys everything that you try to put in your backpack.

Fred Nightbreath, lvl 48
Too far! It kills your pet, and makes it so you can't put anything else in your backpack? Too, too far. It's supposed to be fun and games but I don't see how this is funny.

Ciao.