Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 26, 2013
draco11121314 on Jul 9, 2011 wrote:
krok = egypt, marley = london, mooshu = japan, idk about the rest
Actually, Mooshu = China because Moodha. Anyone know about that easter egg?

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this or not, but there's a quest in MS called, "Souuuuuul Chain", obviously a reference to Soul Train.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
i don't know if this is one but most spells are myths like the unicorn and well the myth spell but there is a lot of Greek and Nordic stuff storm lord is Zeus ice lore come on and heck hounds also the statue says thank you in Latin but typo i checked. oh and Cleopatra Cleopatra

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Sorry if this has been mentioned but in marleybone Reed Trever as in " Retriever ".

Molly
Level 32
Balance

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Not sure if I posted this one:

In Azteca, there is a side quest to throw an item into a pool of lava. This may be a reference to Lord of the Rings, where the One Ring was thrown into a volcano in order to destroy it.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Oh, additionally, Doctor Purreau is a reference to the book, The Island of Doctor Moreau, by H.G. Wells.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
And then there is in Zafaria's Drum Jungle when you get the secret wordfrom Koko Smokesign the password is a referance to the song The Witchdoctor: Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
wizardrokz on Feb 17, 2013 wrote:
I just discovered another. In Zafaria in Drum Jungle, there is this dog from Marleybone who wears only the thing that people living in the wild wear on TV. (You know what I'm talking about right?) Well the dogs name is Zantar. Switch the tar and the zan. You get TARZAN. (The thing that he wears is what I'm talking about).
The clothing you are talking about I believe is called "Lion Cloth"

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
I like the quest: "Not in Kansis anymore," because all of the characters (that you need to talk to) are referring to characters in The Wizard of Oz.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
jacob4142 on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
The clothing you are talking about I believe is called "Lion Cloth"
Loin cloth

Survivor
Aug 08, 2012
I don't know if someone posted this one, if you did i'm sorry. In the pet pavilion I noticed that the names of the shops were West End Girls, and the other were Pet Shoppe Boys. There is an old band called Pet Shoppe Boys, and the song they sing is West End Girls. This is an old old song and I happen to listen to old music so I don't know if I was the only one who noticed this.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2011
There's a reference in level 50 critical pvp quest, It says arrow in the face, but in a other game its called Arrow to the knee

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
eggywig on Aug 5, 2011 wrote:
This is a bit obvious, but only if you complete it. There's a badge you get by defeating enough undead titled "Ghostbuster".
Actually you get Ghostbuster by doing all the quests in the Crucible part of Dragonspyre. The badge "Undead Slayer" is a badge you get when you defeat 2,000 undead. :)

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
PvP King on Feb 23, 2012 wrote:
Big Ben and Grand Ben. Scotland Yard is also real, and Kensington Park too, Chelsea Court relates to Chelsea Park, and Hyde Park relates to Hyde something, I forget...
Hyde park is a real place as well.

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
Ice Warrior on Jul 21, 2012 wrote:
I think there are some very indistinct refrences to the warriors seires.
1st, Tigerstar is like malistaire. seems frightning at first, but is easy to kill.
2nd, the way the game is set up is kind of like how the many (5 i think) series of warriors are set up. First, you meet the enemy. Then, you travel through the books/worlds, trying to find a way to defeat that enemy. Finally, the enemy is killed (but not always how you expect it). then repeat.
But, along the way, you have to make stops (wysteria, grizzlehiem, wintertusk/field guides, super editions)
3rd, theres alway someone along the way that betrays you, but it only makes you stronger. For example, after you do a quest line, you end up having to fight zarathax, who you thought you could trust. Kind of like in warriors, where bluestar is betrayed by tigerclaw when he tries to kill her.

PS- I hope i'm not the only person here whose read warriors. Or else i've totally embarassed myself......
Faces!
Ah, a fellow Warriors fan. I noticed these too :).

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
Darkwillow Rushidi on Oct 27, 2012 wrote:
I think that the fire spell Efreet is a reference to the tribe of djinn in Arab-Muslim mythology.

The world of MooShoo is based on the dish, and there you fight PIGS! And the scrolls right in the space between the Palace and the areas, the ones with the statues of pigs and stuff, they read "zhu" (猪)which means pig in Chinese. The Tao symbols have three instead of one swirls. And there really was a "Warring States Period" as specified on the scrolls.

The Art of War quest in Dragonspyre is an obvious one-the book written by Machiavelli.

In Wysteria the cat from Mirage in the dorms is a reference to the 1001 Arabian Nights.

Krokohotep is a reference to Egyptian history, the guy who started worshipping Atem the sun disk, I think.
There is also a pet called "Jinn."

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
New one that is obvious, The spell the "Lump of Coal" pet gives, Krampus, is based off of Krampus in Greek mythology I think.

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
Amber Fireheart on Nov 8, 2012 wrote:
anybody noticed what one of the fang guardians says? macbeth anyone?
They also use Shakespeare's writing style. They all Rhyme and have 10 syllables a line.

"'Tis the fang you've come to claim as your own? - 10
Tamper with me and I'll turn you to stone!" - 10

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
bionaknight on Dec 25, 2012 wrote:
A few I've found:
In Azteca, a Side Quest to toss a Necromantic Amulet into a pool of lava is homage to Lord of the Rings.

Azteca itself is a reference to the Mayans and their calendar (which caused some panic, as it was supposed to have predicted doomsday 4 days ago). The Aztecosaurs are referencing dinosaurs (who were driven to extinction), the Aztecs bear similarity to the Mayans (who made the calendar), the comet is possibly a reference to the fact that Earth was bombarded by meteors and other such objects in the film 2012, which was about, you guessed it, the end of the world on the 21st. On top of it all, the Rank 10 Myth Spell, Celestial Calendar, bears striking similarity to the Mayan Calendar.

The Hungry Dead are reference to the recent Zombie craze (With TV shows such as the Walking Dead, and video games such as ZombiU and [ironically] the Walking Dead).
The comet is also a reference to the fact that many scientists think that the dinosaurs died because of a meteor, and comets and meteors are similar.

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
rainbowdashthe1st on Mar 17, 2013 wrote:
Actually, Mooshu = China because Moodha. Anyone know about that easter egg?
The moodha is a reference to the Buddha, from the religion of Buddhism. Buddhism was/is a major religion in China. Therefore, Mooshu = China.

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
lucky2195 on Mar 24, 2013 wrote:
i don't know if this is one but most spells are myths like the unicorn and well the myth spell but there is a lot of Greek and Nordic stuff storm lord is Zeus ice lore come on and heck hounds also the statue says thank you in Latin but typo i checked. oh and Cleopatra Cleopatra
The triton represends posiedon, I believe, and medusa and the basilisk were also monsters in Greek mythology.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
Nobody said the teachers were like Harry Potter People
Ambrose - Dombledore
Cyrus Drake - Syverius Snape (Haha that rhymes)
........................................................................................
Death Teacher - Frankenstein's helper - The guy missing a eye in harry potter lol I don't remember
........................................................................................
and yeah lol

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
In Krokotopia, there's a Mander named Shazz'am. This could be a reference to DC Comic's Captain Marvel, who could transform into a Superman/type hero by shouting "Shazam!".

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but Yan Kan Kook hearkens back to an old syndicated TV cookery show "Yan Can Cook".

Survivor
Feb 23, 2011
In Marleybone, there is a NPC by the name of The Professor, who stands outside his telegraph box. This is an obvious reference to the television show, Doctor Who. The quest's name is "Professor Who?" (sound familiar?) , the TV show character calls himself "The Doctor," (seemingly similar to "The Professor") He roams around space and time in the TARDIS, which takes the appearance of a Police Public Call Box (so instead of a police call box, its a telegraph box), and finally, He asks you to go fetch his "Cosmic Caliper" (while in the TV series, it is his "Sonic Screwdriver")

Also, Morganthe is a reference to Morgana Le Fe, who was Merlin's archnemesis.

Fun fact: King Arthur and Merlin never actually existed, and if they did, they would be living 2 centuries apart.