Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 21, 2010
Scarlet Fever on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
For your information those are only in pokemon black and white 2. Also they play a major story line role the fusion and controlling of the pokemon black or white kyurem depending on which game you have. I have pokemon white and brother has black. Yes they are easter eggs and i'm not sure why i posted this i'm just a picky little nerd like that.

"Just Keep Wizarding, Just Keep Wizarding" -

Scarlet Dragonpetal

PS i found an easter egg myself, there is a TV show called doctor who about a man called the doctor who travels around in a blue british call box. And i quote from the zafaria quest that involves the professer " Intellect and joy will always triumph over brute force and anger" This is one of the Doctor's main philosophies. Also the fact that the professer is an exact dog look alike to the 10th doctor, except the professer says he's traveling in a red british telegraph box. Sure whatever you say. But thats my easter egg
He also has a scarf like Tom Baker (the 4th doctor) and in the test realm, at the end of the new minion quest (at least for ice) he talks about being hungry, and wanting jelly babies, then gives you 2 jelly baby pet snacks (obvious Doctor Who reference). I'm a Whovian

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
FireGod299 wrote:
Actually Yeti is not another name for bigfoot, it's a bigfoot like creature that is said to live in snowy places. But, the forest lord is bigfoot, so this is still a great reference
why are you guys talking about Sasquatches. and mine are
1: at ds the armor that zekes wife sells is called dragoon armor witch means dragon armor in french.
2. the sea dragon looks a lot like the lock ness monster dont you think?
3. Merle ambrose first name is a reference to Merlin, king Arthur's wizard.
4. boldare goldpaws ship is a viking ship.
5 if you go through the secret door in grizzlehiem's northgaurd you will find a reference to Thor's hammer.
6.this one people usually overlook (some times) : xbalba, a commit, over a world of dinosaurs, wiping them all out.
7. the monquista monkeys= conquistadors.
8. i like pie

-jack skullbreeze master of fire

"knowledge is power, use it wisely"

Survivor
Dec 01, 2012
In the Avalon quests there are allusions to the "Chronicles of Amber" Book series by Rodger Zelanzy. Zelanzy was a well noted Science Fiction and Fantasy author. The most visible Easter egg is the one quest "Guns of Avalon" which was the title on one of the books in the Amber series.

Survivor
May 25, 2010
PottingTea on May 4, 2011 wrote:
Let's face it - Wizard101 contains a LOAD of references to books, other games and whoknowswhat. And then there's just these little utterly brilliant gems that crop up here and there. So, let's collect those!

However, let's keep it to the little details that most people pass by without a second glance, and which you usually only pick up on the third or fourth run past. Dorothy wanting to visit Toto and Tin Man and gives out Red Slippers for a reward, for instance, is a very obvious reference and thus isn't exactly a hidden gem.

A gem would be Montgomery in the Science Center - who has a scottish accent if you listen to his voice file. His character design is based on an Aberdeen Terrier. The Aberdeen Terrier is generally known as the Scottish Terrier.

So, what gems have you located that you often had to explain to your friends before they understood your sudden amusement?
When getting the Basilisk spell, the quest is named "All Your Basilisk..." which is a reference to, "All your base are belong to us." (I seem to be one of the only people to get that reference ). A quest in Krokotopia is named "Hammer Time!". The Monkeys is another Zeke quest where you have to find sock monkeys hidden around Zafaria.

Kaitlyn Dragongem, Transcendent Conjurer

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
PottingTea on May 4, 2011 wrote:
Let's face it - Wizard101 contains a LOAD of references to books, other games and whoknowswhat. And then there's just these little utterly brilliant gems that crop up here and there. So, let's collect those!

However, let's keep it to the little details that most people pass by without a second glance, and which you usually only pick up on the third or fourth run past. Dorothy wanting to visit Toto and Tin Man and gives out Red Slippers for a reward, for instance, is a very obvious reference and thus isn't exactly a hidden gem.

A gem would be Montgomery in the Science Center - who has a scottish accent if you listen to his voice file. His character design is based on an Aberdeen Terrier. The Aberdeen Terrier is generally known as the Scottish Terrier.

So, what gems have you located that you often had to explain to your friends before they understood your sudden amusement?
Samoorai! It was the first thing I noticed when I first got to mooshu.

Explorer
Aug 30, 2009
idk if this is right but maybe jacques the scratcher is Jack the Ripper???

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
wizardrokz on Jun 7, 2013 wrote:
Ok, I got some Harry potter characters

Ambrose - Dumbledore
Malistaire - Voldemort....I said his name!
Cyrus Drake - Severus Snape (Rhymes)
You - Harry (Even if boy or girl, still the big hero who defeats the big evil guy)
Belladonna Crisp or Morganthe - Bellatrix
Undead things - death eaters
Proffesor Falmea - Proffessor McGonagol(If thats how its spelled)
Proffessor GreyRose - The Herbology teacher
Proffessor Balestrom - Charms teacher(Is is flitwick?)
Lost souls - Dementors
Red Mandrake - Mandrakes
hippogriff - hippogriff

OK, now I am gonna watch the Sorccerers stone

LOL I am Angela Dragonstone and balance sorccerer
Lol. I thought that dementors were supposed to be scary/deadly

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Ozel Underwater Cat gives you the password to get in the Pyramid of Mother Moon - it's five musical notes.

Five musical notes was also the hailing signal used by the UFO investigators to communicate with the aliens in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Explorer
Mar 23, 2013
Malt22 on Jun 24, 2011 wrote:
Gosh, I guess I forgot maybe the most well know zeke quest:

The Beatles- I hope everyone who reads this knows who The Beatles are. Otherwise, I am officially too old. John Lennon & Paul McCartney are probably rock's most prolific songwriters of all time. (though I could make an argument that Ray Davies of The Kinks should hold this title).
Anyone here who does not know the beatles.... shame!!!

Explorer
Mar 23, 2013
are there any warrior cat easter eggs?! why not?! like "Old Poison Paws" could be a quest in MB! (poison paws was a nickname for Tigerstar in a really early book) haha lol i'm such a nerd

Explorer
Mar 23, 2013
cookiejar42 on Jul 29, 2011 wrote:
Almost everything in KT and Balance Magic is based off of Egyptian mythology (as stated above: Alhazred, Krokonomicon, Judgement). Krokopatra? KROKHOPTEP? (can't quite remember what that one is but I know it's some reference.) The creators of this game are geniuses.
they also used the name of the vulture goddess for a mini boss I believe, but, they made it a dude what part of goddess did you guys not understand

Explorer
Mar 23, 2013
Malt22 on Aug 16, 2011 wrote:
Oh, and malt22, if you love Blue Oyster Cult then see the Saturday Night Live cowbell skit. "I've got a fever, and the only perscription is more cowbell!"

Jasmine
"I've got a fever, and the only perscription is more cowbell!"

That skit cracks me up. I love anything Christopher Walken does. He did a great Top Chef skit for Saturday Night Live too. :P
I gotta have more cowbell!! lololololol

Explorer
Mar 23, 2013
CyrusHonorRoll on Aug 23, 2011 wrote:
There are a TON of Harry potter refenencec all over Wysteria, especially from the Goblet of Fire. My favorite is the fact that, that book won the Hugo Award for best novel, and the librarian's name is Hugo Chatterly.

Also, the quest "All That Glitters" points to Danetta Sunscroll. In the 1980's a group called The Cover Girls had a hit song "All that glitters isn't gold" and one of the singers in that group was Sunshine Wright.

Oh, and Belladonna is the common name for deadly nightshade. The flowers are violet, and the berries are black. The headmistress shows these in her dress and hair.
All that glitters is also a book. Its the last book in the series "Avalon" and the books, not in order, are Circles in the Stream, Cry of the Wolf, All that Glitters, and The Secret of the Unicorn. (those may be in order, and I forgot the author's name)

Explorer
Mar 23, 2013
cole2142 on Sep 2, 2011 wrote:
Anyone else beside Goblet of Fire see... Chamber of the Basilisk? As In the Basilisk in the Chamber of Secrets.
yep, I noticed that too XD

Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
I saw this post, and I had to reply with this;

Anyone who has watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail will know that Avalon is full of references to the point where it seems like the entire world is based off of that.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
In MarleyBone theres a NPC named Reed Treever
Get it?
The dog breed retriever?

Oh well

Bai~

Destiny SwiftStaler
Lvl 46

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Also, in Mooshu, there is a quest called 'No Disassemble'. From the movie Short Circut, Number 5 says "No disassemble! No dissassemble!"

Explorer
Aug 30, 2009
i have no clue if this was said. but there is a quest in colossus boulevard called strange brew. which is also the name of a movie staring canadian people.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
MythMaker1005 on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
i have no clue if this was said. but there is a quest in colossus boulevard called strange brew. which is also the name of a movie staring canadian people.
It's also a song from the 60s by a musical group called Cream, which starred Eric Clapton

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
Not sure if you want to count this one, but a massive number of quest names are in some way connected to music or a specific song, one of the earliest and most recognizable(for me anyway) is in Unicorn Way, 'Fairies Wear Boots', which is a song by Black Sabbath.

Explorer
Aug 30, 2009
the fire globe theater in fire cat alley is a reference to shakespear's globe theater.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
If this was said or not, I can not tell, but I will say this,

In marlybone there is an obvious reference to the popular british TV series Doctor Who.
He is seen as "The professor" and has a red telegraph box, The doctor has a blue telephone box, I recongnized this a few years ago. :P

TheGrandPyro

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Scarlet Fever on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
For your information those are only in pokemon black and white 2. Also they play a major story line role the fusion and controlling of the pokemon black or white kyurem depending on which game you have. I have pokemon white and brother has black. Yes they are easter eggs and i'm not sure why i posted this i'm just a picky little nerd like that.

"Just Keep Wizarding, Just Keep Wizarding" -

Scarlet Dragonpetal

PS i found an easter egg myself, there is a TV show called doctor who about a man called the doctor who travels around in a blue british call box. And i quote from the zafaria quest that involves the professer " Intellect and joy will always triumph over brute force and anger" This is one of the Doctor's main philosophies. Also the fact that the professer is an exact dog look alike to the 10th doctor, except the professer says he's traveling in a red british telegraph box. Sure whatever you say. But thats my easter egg
actually.. dragonspiral tower, celestial tower, and the giant chasm were all in pokemon black 1 and white 1. it was just that the giant chasm was more prominent in black 2 and white 2. dragonspiral tower and celestial tower had greater roles in black 2 and white 2 than they did in the first versions.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2011
I can't believe no one has mentioned "The Mice Girls" in Marleybone...

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Ok I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet.. but in Hieronymous Bunch's room in Wysteria, there's a strange little pedestal.... that looks strangely like a turret from portal. Anyone else notice this?