Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 21, 2010
People Probably Already Have Said These But...
Morganthe/Morgana Le Fay
Zeke's Quests Named For Bands
Penny Dreadful
The Moodha/Buddha
The Quest "The Final Countdown"
Krokotopia Bosses Named For Famous Egyptians
Page Jimmy/Jimmy Page
Island Getaway "Security"/Indiana Jones
The Professor/Doctor Who
The Pet Shoppe Boys & West End Girls
The Whole "Sherlock Bones" Theme
The Wysteria Plot/Harry Potter & The Goblet Of Fire
Practically ALL Of Marleybone
The Badge "Ghostbuster"
Dolly Salvador/Salvador Dali
The Boss Jabberwock
Dr. Halley & His Comet, Anyone?
That Seven Seas Show/ That 70's Show
Heironimous Bunch/Pesudonymous Bosch
Katzenstein/Frankenstein
Zantar/Tarzan
The Marleybonian "Reed Treever"
Saving Private Ryan/O' Ryan
Urt and Bernie Needing Their Rubber Duck
Barkingham Palace/Buckingham Palace
Wolfminster Abbey/Westminster Abbey
The Quest "Thats So Raven"
221 Barker Street/Baker Street
Meowiarty/Moriarty

And I Think These 2 Are New Ones, But There Are Quests In Azteca Called "The Walking Dead" and "Third Star On The Left", Obvious References To The Show And Tinker Bell/Peter Pan/Neverland.

And Of Course, Naming Yourself...
Patrick Star
Austin Moon
Taylor Swift
Luke Skywalker
Fallon Angel

WoW Thats A Lot And Not Even All Of Them, LoL

Julia DragonLeaf-Level 86 Ice

Megan DragonLeaf-Level 25 Storm

"The Best Things In Life Are Free, But Wizard101 Begs To Differ!"

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
Several Monty Python and the Holy Grail easter eggs in Avalon
"I require... a shrubbery!"
Black Knight: "None shall pass"
Black Knight: "It's not that bad, I've had worse"
annoying rude frenchman
one of the sacred words that causes unbearable pain sounds like "knee"
Sir Robin Bravely and his minstrel song
Friar Nolan: "The difference in flight speeds between a Zafarian and Marleybonian swallow is considerable
Knight of the Sacred Words: "Before i go, i must retrieve my coconuts"
And of course, from the book of armaments, "let this, thy blessed pomegranate blow thy enemies to tiny bits in thy mercy" and when you throw said pomegranate "three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. once the number three be reached, lobbest thy pomegranate towards thou foe, who shall snuff it."
Amen

Survivor
Feb 24, 2011
How hasn't anyone got the one in unicorn way where you have to help (I forgot their names) the characters from the Wizard of Oz

Survivor
Mar 12, 2013
No one has gotten the fact that the main villain in Marleybone is named "Meowiarty" obviously a reference to Moriarty from Sherlock Holmes.

Additionally, the Ravens in GH are also an Easter egg in themselves. Huginn and Muninn are the, "eyes and ears" of Odin.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
In Pittsburgh this is a road called Waterworks Dr. which Waterworks is the dungeon in Crab Alley if the newbies didn't know.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2011
Another possible Easter Egg might be that the Raven's Helm of Unkindness is based off of Hades' Helm of Darkness

From,
Cheyenne RavenSong, Life

Survivor
May 25, 2009
So how many easter eggs has anyone found in Wizard101? i think this is an exciting comment since there are so many in each world. Some examples is a side quest in Azteca where a bird tells you about the many eggs they have. He shows you the room of eggs only to discover one is missing. You track the egg down and discover that a green pig has stolen it. This is an easter egg referring to Angry Birds!

Another is the knight in the pet pavilion that runs the cannon game. His name is Phillip Jagger. As some of you may know Mick Jaggers' real first name is Phillip.

Lastly, a possible one that is conflicted in the world of Wysteria. Some say it was like Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in which many schools came together to compete in magical tournaments. Although, there are not much other similarities between the book and world, some still say it was a copy.

There are many more easter eggs that i can go on about but please list more easter eggs you have discovered while playing Wizard101 (explaining world and reference to what it is) THANKS!

Survivor
May 25, 2009
poinsdeth on Jul 9, 2012 wrote:
i found a very funny one in outer yard of avalon. there is a mysterious well that has a sigil and there is no quest to go into it you can just enter it at any time. the bosses name. XD heres a hint. "flave" go see for your self
not much of an easter eggs though, it was just a bit of a secret boss to receive a badge. There are many in the game, mostly in Mooshu.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
cookiejar42 on Jul 29, 2011 wrote:
Almost everything in KT and Balance Magic is based off of Egyptian mythology (as stated above: Alhazred, Krokonomicon, Judgement). Krokopatra? KROKHOPTEP? (can't quite remember what that one is but I know it's some reference.) The creators of this game are geniuses.
well they were going well with that until they reached Chimera and Sabertooth- the chain stopped at Ra (egyptian god of sun)

Survivor
May 25, 2009
natenkate on Aug 8, 2011 wrote:

Who doesn't know Gelgamesh! Ever heard of the SMURFS! LOL

Anthony Ghostward
GO PYROMANCY!

Uhh, that was Gargamel in the Smurfs.
he's right, i think you should probably look him up you silly smurf fan

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
PottingTea on May 4, 2011 wrote:
Let's face it - Wizard101 contains a LOAD of references to books, other games and whoknowswhat. And then there's just these little utterly brilliant gems that crop up here and there. So, let's collect those!

However, let's keep it to the little details that most people pass by without a second glance, and which you usually only pick up on the third or fourth run past. Dorothy wanting to visit Toto and Tin Man and gives out Red Slippers for a reward, for instance, is a very obvious reference and thus isn't exactly a hidden gem.

A gem would be Montgomery in the Science Center - who has a scottish accent if you listen to his voice file. His character design is based on an Aberdeen Terrier. The Aberdeen Terrier is generally known as the Scottish Terrier.

So, what gems have you located that you often had to explain to your friends before they understood your sudden amusement?
Krockanomicon = Necronomicon (Or Book of the dead)
The spell chant in Zafaria from a shaman "Oh-E-Oh-Ah-Ah-Ching-Chang-Wadda-Wadda-Bing-Bang" = From a witch doctor type song.
Grizzelhiem Urt & Bernie fighting over a duck? = Seasame Street Burt & Ernie

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
Stormzilla, firezilla and icezilla is all a reference to Godzilla, My favorite movie monster to

Defender
May 03, 2009
CdeWinter on Jul 31, 2011 wrote:
Here's a couple that other people may have missed, and dealing with Indiana Jones.
In Indiana Jones and and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, they say that Indiana's archeology proffesor is named DR. RAVENWOOD. Obviously the map room quest in krokotopia is taken from the map room in this movie, but the well of souls is also taken from the same movie. The well of souls is where the ark is hidden.
I'm watching Raiders of the Lost Ark right now and I'm not sure but isn't his enemy's name BELLOQ? Remember him from Azteca and Zafaria? And he's wearing a white suit, except he's not an elephant. I'm like a third of the way through the movie but I think they mentioned the Well of Souls already and they already talked about Dr. Ravenwood. When I heard that I'm like 'I have got to post this on the Easter Egg forum!' Because I was telling my mom about the Easter Eggs earlier today.

K, bye!

By the way, I'm sorry if someone else posted the Belloq thing.

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer
Amber Rose
Apprentice Sorcerer
"Why? The world may never know."

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
in Zafaria there's a zoo keeper by the name of Jorton Whoghard. When you finish his final quest, he says of the gobbler "a person's a person no matter how strange."

This comes from Dr. Seuss'. Horton is an elephant in Horton Hears a Who.

Let's break it down:
Jorton (pronounce the J as if it was an H) that gives you Horton
Whoghard = Who Guard

Horton Who Guard

Horton sits on a bird egg and guards it while the mother bird is gone for a very long time.

Explorer
Dec 11, 2009
Hello, and welcome to Wizard101's Name Easter Eggs! Here are a few:

Morganthe: Most likely Morgan La Fe, King Arthur's half-sister in the myth.
Sir Agravane: Sir Agravane from the same myth.
Sir Malory/Nameless Knight: Thomas Malory, an English writer.
Sir Drustan Silverharp: Sir Tristan, contemporary and knight of the Round Table.
Queen Gwendolyn: Queen Guenevere
King Artorius: King Arthur.
Pendragon: Hint: King Arthur's last name was Pendragon.

Amber Nightblossom, level 78 Diviner

Explorer
Dec 11, 2009
Heres one that you might not know:

Morganthe: Morgan La Fe

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
StormofSpades on May 9, 2013 wrote:
Hello, and welcome to Wizard101's Name Easter Eggs! Here are a few:

Morganthe: Most likely Morgan La Fe, King Arthur's half-sister in the myth.
Sir Agravane: Sir Agravane from the same myth.
Sir Malory/Nameless Knight: Thomas Malory, an English writer.
Sir Drustan Silverharp: Sir Tristan, contemporary and knight of the Round Table.
Queen Gwendolyn: Queen Guenevere
King Artorius: King Arthur.
Pendragon: Hint: King Arthur's last name was Pendragon.

Amber Nightblossom, level 78 Diviner
Caerleon is a real place in Wales.
Caliburn is a reference to Excalibur, the sword in the stone.

I was helping someone with some nonsense in Stormriven Hall the other day and he pointed out that a lot of it seems to be loosely based off H. P. Lovecraft horror classics, especially Call of Cthulhu. (Cuthalla and Yogash, anyone?)

The high incidence of large Myth bosses may be a tongue-in-cheek reference to the old Mythos collectible card game that was based on the monsters in the book, many of which were "colossal, sanity-warping god-entities with many tentacles that lay dormant in the depths of the oceans; ready to awaken at the summons of their secret society of cultists."

When you first enter Stormriven, watch the fissure directly behind the diving platform. You will see a massive tentacle rising out of it. Follow the tentacle to its source and then up the wall nearest the fissure. The above description is pretty accurate for what you will see beyond that fissure.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
dangdude98 on Aug 24, 2011 wrote:
Heironymous Bunch in Wysteria is a reference to Pseudonymous Bosch, a writer who won't tell anyone his real name. He's also a self-confessed chocoholic.
go secret series!!!! also piggles are based off the saying when pigs fly

katie moonstone28

Survivor
Feb 14, 2013
PottingTea on May 4, 2011 wrote:
Let's face it - Wizard101 contains a LOAD of references to books, other games and whoknowswhat. And then there's just these little utterly brilliant gems that crop up here and there. So, let's collect those!

However, let's keep it to the little details that most people pass by without a second glance, and which you usually only pick up on the third or fourth run past. Dorothy wanting to visit Toto and Tin Man and gives out Red Slippers for a reward, for instance, is a very obvious reference and thus isn't exactly a hidden gem.

A gem would be Montgomery in the Science Center - who has a scottish accent if you listen to his voice file. His character design is based on an Aberdeen Terrier. The Aberdeen Terrier is generally known as the Scottish Terrier.

So, what gems have you located that you often had to explain to your friends before they understood your sudden amusement?
I definitely agree with you there sir, there are an awful lot of easter eggs in Wizard 101.

I think that I may have found another one.

If you look behind Reed Treever in Regent's Square in Marlebone, you will see a poster. On the poster, there is a picture of a shadow of a dog wearing handcuffs, and the name Hairdini above the dog. Harry Houndini was a famous escape artist, who's nickname was Harry "Handcuffs" Houndini. :D

James Hexshield (Level 27 Conjurer)

Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
way too lazy to read the whole thread right now but Page Jimmy gives quite a few Led Zepplin themed quests. is so many i have come across i cant even remember them all, now that i have seen this thread ill try and come back with a few more. awesome thread from what ive read :) makes the game that much more enjoyable...almost...ALMOST makes up for the deer knight fiasco...

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Didn't see it mentioned in the thread so far, maybe missed it

For Storm Lord spell quest, the eccentric engineer whose blueprints you need to fetch from his flat in the Labyrinth is called Pitter Daybreeze, which is a take on Piter de Vries, the evil mentat genius who served Baron Harkonnen in Frank Herbert's Dune series.

Just in case you miss it prima facie, Zan'ne tells you he left town muttering something about the "dunes" which is sort of a dead giveaway.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Has this been mentioned?
Bartleby is from a move with a one-eyed owl named you gussed it Bartleby.

Molly
Savanah

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
A small Easter egg most people don't notice is the fairy in the wild in Avalon with the name musterdseed in shakespheres "a midsummers night dream" there is. Fairy who is named musterdseed and one of there and lives in the wild. Lol

Carlos soulbrand lvl 78 necromancer
Wolf redhorn lvl 62 balance

Survivor
Feb 07, 2011
There is also a crafting quest in celestia called That Seven Seas Show which is a reference to That 70s Show. LOL!

Survivor
Oct 12, 2012
At the elevator to Scotland Yard Roof , behind you is a poster of Hairdini. It is a reference to Houdini who is quoted as the most famous magician of all time.