Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 26, 2012
Nobody has mentioned it, but there is a dog walking around named Gordon Sumner. This is the bithname of rocker STING.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
In the new Winterbane Gauntlet bundle, in the housing dungeon is a Boss named Jokul. A reference to being a "Joe Cool"?

Survivor
May 12, 2013
I didn't read the whole thread but sorry if someone already metioned.

Balance school is based on Egypt while Myth school is based on ancient Greece. Azteca= Mexico, Zafaria= Africa, Avalon= medieval england.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2009
One reference is the The master of Karate and Friendship is to spongebob since Spongebob is to nice and he does karate :3

Survivor
Feb 14, 2013
eleventhdoctor5 on Jun 1, 2013 wrote:
At the elevator to Scotland Yard Roof , behind you is a poster of Hairdini. It is a reference to Houdini who is quoted as the most famous magician of all time.
First of all, Harry Houndini was an escape artist, not a magician. Secondly, you copied mine. Meanie.

James Hexshield (Level 30 Conjurer)
"Runeraider OUT!"

Survivor
Jan 23, 2013
Jude370 on Aug 6, 2011 wrote:
I've seen several references to classic band album and song titles, for example a quest in Celestia is named after the Pink Floyd album, "Dark Side of the Moon". And if I remember correctly, one quest is named after a Beatle's song, Here Comes the Sun. This just goes to show KI has great taste in music. I am truly loving all the references.
There is also for Forest Lord (level 58 life quest) Act Naturally, Norwegian Wood, and A Taste of Honey.
For Ra (level 58 balance quest) Here Comes the Sun, Good Day Sunshine, and Sun King.

The Beatles are so great, it even influenced the names for quests in Wizard101.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Ok, I got some Harry potter characters

Ambrose - Dumbledore
Malistaire - Voldemort....I said his name!
Cyrus Drake - Severus Snape (Rhymes)
You - Harry (Even if boy or girl, still the big hero who defeats the big evil guy)
Belladonna Crisp or Morganthe - Bellatrix
Undead things - death eaters
Proffesor Falmea - Proffessor McGonagol(If thats how its spelled)
Proffessor GreyRose - The Herbology teacher
Proffessor Balestrom - Charms teacher(Is is flitwick?)
Lost souls - Dementors
Red Mandrake - Mandrakes
hippogriff - hippogriff

OK, now I am gonna watch the Sorccerers stone

LOL I am Angela Dragonstone and balance sorccerer

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
Ya know the guy in MB who's named Reed Treever? Try sounding that out and see what you get.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2012
Ok, one reason why I really like wizard 101 is the same reason why i like the game pokemon. They dont just randomly come up with names, either they are underused words, or they are spinoffs. I know that there are probably hundreds, but I can only think of two that really stuck out: Hannibal OneTusk, a clever reference to Han Solo, and Morganthe's name is like Morgan Le Fay, the sorcerer. Oh yeah, one more, King Artorius in Avalon for king arthur, and if you look up avalon on wikipedia, it is an island that in the legend of king arthur, he hides on it to recover. It is off the coast of Britian.

Jack DeathBringer, level seventy-five
I know that Professor Greyrose has this, but...
With Persistence, victory is assured...
If you are reading this Greyrose, i really like your quote.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Padric Dragonflame on Apr 19, 2013 wrote:
Several Monty Python and the Holy Grail easter eggs in Avalon
"I require... a shrubbery!"
Black Knight: "None shall pass"
Black Knight: "It's not that bad, I've had worse"
annoying rude frenchman
one of the sacred words that causes unbearable pain sounds like "knee"
Sir Robin Bravely and his minstrel song
Friar Nolan: "The difference in flight speeds between a Zafarian and Marleybonian swallow is considerable
Knight of the Sacred Words: "Before i go, i must retrieve my coconuts"
And of course, from the book of armaments, "let this, thy blessed pomegranate blow thy enemies to tiny bits in thy mercy" and when you throw said pomegranate "three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. once the number three be reached, lobbest thy pomegranate towards thou foe, who shall snuff it."
Amen
ROFL!! I recently watched this move and cracked up! The black Knight part mostly! and the evil bunny!

Survivor
Jan 30, 2013
In Marleybone,''Scotland Yard,'' Its a actually prision in England.

Historian
May 06, 2009
In Crab Alley, Doctor Zigmund say the lines "What could possible go wrong?" and "Get things back to normal" during his quests "For Science!" and "Error of His Ways". This references the show Fairly Oddparents where main character, Timmy Turner, will constantly say these words in almost every episode.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2013
brenman123 on Aug 3, 2011 wrote:
wizard city: america
krokotopia: egypt
marleybone: england
mooshu: china/japan
dragonspyre: rome
grizzlehiem/wintertusk: ????
celestia: atlantis
Grizzlehiem isn't anything in particular (At lest i don't think) I always thought it was a fort in North America before better places were made. Correct me if I am wrong. It would explain the bears.

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
Well, I don't know if this is so easter egg-ly, but in Wysteria the rabbit up in the Aerie is called Lapin something :P
(Lapin is French for rabbit)

Sierra Ashblood, level 70
Diana Spirithaven, level 26
Cassandra Deathgrove, level 26
Genevieve Dreamflame, level 11

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
Standing in front of a telephone booth in marlybone is a pup named "The Professor" which is a doctor who reference

Survivor
Feb 15, 2013
Here is a Wizard101 easter egg from their other game Pirate101. I saw some treasure cards on a table on a island named "isla de los muertos".

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I just did White Fire Pyramid last night and was cracking up over Skurkis Screaming Moon's quip:

"Who is this irresistible creature with an insatiable love for the dead?"

Straight out of Rob Zombie's Living Dead Girl. Still wondering what the original source is for this sound clip - Vincent Price maybe? An old Hammer Studios horror movie?

Anyway, it made me smile. Then I proceeded to get mauled almost to death by this life-mastery-having crusty old theropod.

Living dead girl indeed!

Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
CdeWinter on May 13, 2011 wrote:
Here's a couple more,
In Crab Alley, King Thermidor has an adivsor named Thomas Cromshell, the real King Henry VIII who was known for secretly composing and playing songs (he supposedly composed the tune for Greensleeves) had an advisor named Sir Thomas Cromwell.

The bear Baldr Goldpaws, the trader from grizzleheim is named after the norse god of trade, Baldr.
it's Baldur not baldr

Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
Malt22 on Jun 24, 2011 wrote:
All of Zeke's quests are rock n roll bands:

1. The Smiths- Popular British Indie rock band from the 80's
2. The Yardbirds- 1960's British Blues/R&B band with psychedelic leanings, featured three of rock's greatest guitarists: Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Paige.
3. The Stray Cats- American 80's band from New York that led the rockabilly rivival of the time.
4. The Lounge Lizards- Another (fairly unknown) 80's band from New York that created "fake jazz with pop and avant-garde rock tendencies."
5. The Stone Roses- short lived British 80's/90's band that merged classic 60's psychedelic rock with an 80's dance beat. (These guys are great!)
6. Blue Oyster Cult- The very first band I personally fell in love with. Though still around today, this New York based thinking man's heavy metal band flourished during the 70's and 80's, having hits like "Don't Fear the Reaper" and "Godzilla"
7. The Troggs- 1960's Bristish Proto-punk band that was best known for it's song, "Wild Thing"
aww you took it before i was going to write it :P

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
Not sure if this has been posted before, but the last of the three badges for killing goblins is apparently called 'Napoleon Complex'.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2013
Dunno if anyone has stated it yet but there is what i believe to be a "Doctor who" easter egg in marleybone. We have "The Professor" and his telegram box :P Which is like Dr. Who and his phone box XD

Survivor
May 30, 2009
has no one noticed one very cool easter egg! In MarleyBone in front of the entrance to Scotland yard roof there is a telegraph and someone named the professor standing next to it! Ring any bells? if not let me spell it out for you.

Telegraph- TARDIS

The Professor- The Doctor

Still not ringing any bells? This is a reference to Doctor Who!

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
OldStormWizard on Jun 2, 2013 wrote:
In the new Winterbane Gauntlet bundle, in the housing dungeon is a Boss named Jokul. A reference to being a "Joe Cool"?
It's from jökull, or iceberg

Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
ozzyrocker412 on Jul 17, 2011 wrote:
There are several references to Indiana Jones:
(1) In the Island Getaway house, there is a room which features a rolling boulder that falls over a hallway. This refers to the scene where Indy must outrun a giant bolder that chases him through a temple after he recovers a golden statue.
(2) The Krokotopia dungeon, Throne Room of Fire, features a map room and Staff of Krok that refer to an identical map room and staff in Raiders.

Though this isn't in Wizard101, I feel this is a easter egg OF Wizard101 in another game. In Pokemon Black and White, there are a set of locations called, Dragonspiral Tower (how coincidental that the tower is named after the world of towers :-o ), the GIANT Chasm (Grand Chasm), and the Celestial Ruins (or something like that).
For your information those are only in pokemon black and white 2. Also they play a major story line role the fusion and controlling of the pokemon black or white kyurem depending on which game you have. I have pokemon white and brother has black. Yes they are easter eggs and i'm not sure why i posted this i'm just a picky little nerd like that.

"Just Keep Wizarding, Just Keep Wizarding" -

Scarlet Dragonpetal

PS i found an easter egg myself, there is a TV show called doctor who about a man called the doctor who travels around in a blue british call box. And i quote from the zafaria quest that involves the professer " Intellect and joy will always triumph over brute force and anger" This is one of the Doctor's main philosophies. Also the fact that the professer is an exact dog look alike to the 10th doctor, except the professer says he's traveling in a red british telegraph box. Sure whatever you say. But thats my easter egg

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
The one's I've noticed is The Professor in front of the police station in Marleybone. He's next too a phone box.(Doctor Who, anyone?)
Also, there's a name of a quest for ice wizards called "Winter is Coming". It's a reference to a show.