Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
austindestroyer688... wrote:
kaleeraisen wrote:
ozzyrocker412 wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:
Cthulu is one of the elder gods, and is supposedly summoned with a spell from the Necronomicon!

I suspect at least one writer with KI is familiar with HP Lovecraft :)

I always wondered if Gretta Darkkettle is really the Wicked Witch of the West.

Don't know if someone already mentioned this, but the Halloween Scavenger Hunt is rife with allusions to ancient Halloween stories. Jack is an ancient trickster from early Scottish, Irish, and Appalachian American folklore, a cycle of stories known as "the Jack Tales". Jack in the Beanstalk is the one most of us have heard, but there are a couple hundred other Jack stories.

@ozzyrocker, Nice analysis of the Greek epics. I must not be the only one well-read in the classics of western literature :) Wonder if the ancient Sumerian stories will wend their ways into the Great Spiral?

So many stories, and the immensity of cyber space in which to explore them.

qbb, Bookworm

haha maybe we can add a character named Gilgamesh in a new district of Krokotopia??

Who's Gilgamesh? never heard of him before i think lol

Gilgamesh is the sorcerer in the movie: The Smurfs, that iss trying to get them and prove to everyone he's not crazy that there are blue "people" on the world of Earth

Gilgamesh is also an ancient Babylonian ruler

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
I got one for you.
In the very beginning of your gaming, one of the first quests is that girl who stands outside the headmasters office. :) Remember her! :D
Her name is, "Penny Dreadful" of the MB Dreadfuls. :-o "Penny Dreadfuls"
is what they used to call "dime store novels". Ask your parents.
tee hee.
Marissa SparkleSinger lvl 59 Life

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
I don't know if anyone's brought this up yet, but somewhere in the Stone Town, Zafaria there's an NPC named Rakstede Steelhorn, in which KI got his name from a character from TMNT named Rocksteady.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Warning Spoiler Alert

If you like easter eggs. The world of Avalon is based on the stories of King Arthur and Knights of Round Table. Read some of the books you may get some of the more obscure ones.

Gilgamesh is a Sumerian Epic (You should read it) No author Name lost to ages
Song of Roland (Charleamagne and his peers) Unknown author
The Illiad and The Odyssey by Homer
Read Chaucer for King Arthur

These books directly influnesed the games, books, and recent authors.

I.E. JRR Tolkien and C.S. Lewis

Pirate8375

Survivor
May 31, 2011
In Avalon, the character "Page Jimmy" is a shout out to Jimmy Paige of Led Zepplin. As I think about these Easter Eggs, there are a lot of references to old songs and bands. None of which I can recall at the moment. :P

Survivor
May 31, 2011
Also, I can't remember, where exactly but there is a quest "tough enough" , which refers to the old song by the Fabulous Thunderbirds of the same name.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
There is Ragweed Plant called Ambrosia. Remind anyone of Merle Ambrose?

Calamity Orgeblossom Level 48 Theurgist

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
Someone may have posted this but I didn't look at all the responses. In Zafaria, Shaka Zebu = Shaka Zulu, the African warlord.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
Best Easter egg is: Merle is Merlin the magician morganthe is Morgan le Fay and malistaire and sir Malory in Avalon are mordred

Survivor
Mar 30, 2012
I don't know if this is similar to the game or not, but it seemed like it. In Star Wars Clone Wars there is a planet name Malastare, which I though was similar to Malistare.

Cheryl

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
The That's So Raven quest name is the same name from an ACTUAL Disney Channel show.
Also, the Bird is the Word quest badge is the same from "that show".

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
In the update notes, a Gardening instructor named "Roger the Shrubber" is mentioned. "Roger the Shrubber" is a character from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Thumbs up to fellow Python fans at KI!

Survivor
Mar 22, 2012
Is it only me or Lady Blackhope in Unicorn Way looks totally like the Corpse Bride?

Survivor
May 23, 2009
In the island getaway castle there is a hall with a pedastal at the end and when you approach it a boulder rolls down towards you from the top of the hall

Indiana Jones reference

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Mooshu is a Chinese Dish ( not as in pots or pans kind of dish ).

Survivor
May 21, 2008
leprecon99 wrote:
Austrilund Weekend-NBA

It's probably based off "The Osterman Weekend", a spy novel by Robert Ludlum.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009

Any Stephen King fans out there??

Fire Wizards will receive the quest “Firestarter” from Professor Dalia Falmea
Ice Wizards will receive the quest "Misery" from Professor Lydia Greyrose
Myth Wizards will receive the quest “Eyes of the Dragon” from Professor Cyrus Drake
Storm Wizards will receive the quest “Hearts in Atlantis” from Professor Halston Balestrom
Life Wizards will receive the quest “The Green Mile” from Moolinda Wu
Death Wizards will receive the quest “Bag of Bones” from Dworgyn in Nightside
Balance Wizards will receive the quest “It” from Alhazred in Krokosphinx

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Survivor
Feb 04, 2012
Krokotopian Idol (a quest)... Heh heh! American Idol? Anyone? : P

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
Here's one for Avalon, Anybody see a similarity between the Famori Giants, and the "gentle Mystics" from Jim Henson's Dark Crystal? With that in mind, the Ravens resemble the "cruel Skeksis" from the same.
I would have to watch the movie again to catch any other eggs from this movie. My memory of it is so vague. I wonder if we'll ever see the Landstriders?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
In Avalon, Green Beard looks and sounds a lot like 'Tree Beard' from Lord of the Rings.

One of the knights, 'Sir Perry Gilliam', is from Monty Python's Terry Gilliam.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
godessofspace wrote:
marlybone seems to have alot. just listen to the marlybone theme! it sounds almost exactly the same as hedwigs theme! (i only know hedwigs theme because it was a solo in my school band back in april!)

Actually if you listen closely it is the song "Toppence" from Mary Poppins. Which of course took place in london.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
I'm actually surprised no one has noticed this: idk if this was intentional or not but the black and white dragons in avalon are actually the opposite "types" of the two dragons in Pokemon Black and White-white dragon ice(opposite of fire)black dragon myth(opposite of storm or electric) i thought this was kinda interesting.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
MaxDeGroot wrote:
I'm rather surprised that in the first three pages of comments, no one mentions the obvious appearance of Dorothy Gale, the Tin Man, and Toto from The Wizard of Oz.

The very first Mander you meet in Krokotopia sounds EXACTLY like Peter Lorre, who played the part of an Egyption in The Maltese Falcon so well he is always remembered for that.

how does tinu bahk'mal sound like peter lorre? :P

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
Lol another reference i can't believe no one noticed is that the pet piggle is a reference to that old saying "when pigs fly" .