Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 21, 2008
Cfearw76 wrote:
Also zigmund
the scientest+ sigmund fraud(i forgot how to spell his name).

Maybe it's based off that old TV show "Sigmund and the Sea Monsters."

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
When getting the quest to see Groundskeeper Verne in Pagasus Place, I thought of Earnest P. Worrell saying "Hey Verne!" :-o
That and the name of the quest for the strange plants got me rolling and I could just hear him :
So ya want me to trim ya hedges Verne? How ya like that Verne? That there is a true work of art, a gen-u-ine masterpiece of exceptional quality, you might even say that my talent is out of this world, from a planet "of unknown origin" -Know what I mean Verne? ROFL

Survivor
May 21, 2008
Defender
Jul 06, 2010
There are a TON of Harry potter refenencec all over Wysteria, especially from the Goblet of Fire. My favorite is the fact that, that book won the Hugo Award for best novel, and the librarian's name is Hugo Chatterly.

Also, the quest "All That Glitters" points to Danetta Sunscroll. In the 1980's a group called The Cover Girls had a hit song "All that glitters isn't gold" and one of the singers in that group was Sunshine Wright.

Oh, and Belladonna is the common name for deadly nightshade. The flowers are violet, and the berries are black. The headmistress shows these in her dress and hair.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
I didnt read them all, so i dont know if anyone posted this already, but i found a pretty obvious easter egg :D Like everyone knows, Krokopatara is Cleopatara. I also know alot of the other ones. But those are WAY too obvious. Ok, well, i just wanted to post this sense i was looking around the message board and saw this, so thx anyway! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Morgan Fireblood, magus pyromancer of awesomeness! lolz

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
ozzyrocker412 wrote:
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
draco11121314 wrote:
krok = egypt, marley = london, mooshu = japan, idk about the rest
DS= Rome :D

Wizard City= seems to be part renaissance england (architecture), but with American people. DS= Rome WITH RUSSIANS! :D Celestia= Atlantis, possibly Rome/Italy, since the Crabs and Sharks talk in that "thug" Italian accent. Grizzleheim/Wintertusk= Scandinavia, Norse Mythology

Wizard City: Renaissance era England meets modern day USA
Krok: Ancient Egypt
Marlybone: London, early 20th Century
MooShu: Asian Astrology
DS: Rome with russians, also appers to be D&D-ish
Celestia: The lost city of Atlantis, with a Sci-Fi Twist!
Grizzleheim: Scandinavia, Norse Mythology
Wintertusk: Greenland
Wysteria: WC with spainish architecture, also reminicent of "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Heironymous Bunch in Wysteria is a reference to Pseudonymous Bosch, a writer who won't tell anyone his real name. He's also a self-confessed chocoholic.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
The oni's in Mooshu are based os of the horned Demons in Japanese mythology

Survivor
May 21, 2008
dangdude98 wrote:
Heironymous Bunch in Wysteria is a reference to Pseudonymous Bosch, a writer who won't tell anyone his real name. He's also a self-confessed chocoholic.

I don't think it's that.

Bob Heironimus is the man who wore the costume in the famous film of Bigfoot walking through the forest... and Professor Bunch is a Yeti, which is another name for Bigfoot.

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
Triton wrote:
dangdude98 wrote:

I don't think it's that.

Bob Heironimus is the man who wore the costume in the famous film of Bigfoot walking through the forest... and Professor Bunch is a Yeti, which is another name for Bigfoot.

Actually Yeti is not another name for bigfoot, it's a bigfoot like creature that is said to live in snowy places. But, the forest lord is bigfoot, so this is still a great reference

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
Ok heres one thats really obvious not sure why no one noticed. There is a quest you get when you first can start traning pets. Called "Pet sounds." This is an album recorded by the Beach Boys. Its an awesome album by the way :D Maybe some of the older players know about it. I really hope i'm not the only one. lol

Survivor
Jul 19, 2008
What about the quests from the guy in Marleybone who's trying to get all of those girls to go to the ball with him? (I forget his name.) The quests are call "As the Bone Turns", "The Bone and the Beautiful", "The Young and the Boneless", etc. All referring to Soap Operas my mom watches. XD

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
there's one in DS in the forum called scrying time . crying time is a song by farron young the first verse goes" It's crying time again your gonna leave me "

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Anyone else beside Goblet of Fire see... Chamber of the Basilisk? As In the Basilisk in the Chamber of Secrets.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
How about the "Resistance is futile!" line given by the Gearhead in Chelsea Court? Star Trek reference to the Borg!

Also, all the Chancel quests reference in some way Tom Clancy Novels (tears of the sun, the sun also rises, etc.)

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
Hello! I do not think anybody found this out yet, but i think that the skeletal pirates in unicorn way are a reference to Captain Barbossa's crew in Pirates of the Caribbean- The Curse of the Black Pearl. In the movie, in the moonlight, the entire crew turns into skeletons that can still walk and talk. And in unicorn way, the skeletons are pirates! There is definitely a connection between the two. I think.

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
matty960 wrote:
Hello! I do not think anybody found this out yet, but i think that the skeletal pirates in unicorn way are a reference to Captain Barbossa's crew in Pirates of the Caribbean- The Curse of the Black Pearl. In the movie, in the moonlight, the entire crew turns into skeletons that can still walk and talk. And in unicorn way, the skeletons are pirates! There is definitely a connection between the two. I think.

I don't think that it's a reference to POTC but just pirates in general. After a little thought though, it is funny that the boss on Unicorn Way is Rattlebones, and there used to be a game in the 80's called Rattle me Bones. It was kinda like Operation, you had to take the pieces off him and if you moved him too much he'd "rattle his bones" lol

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
The Pyramid of the Sun is probably a reference to the Red Pyramid located in egypt. And then obviously krokosphinx- spinx. Also I believe WC is supposed to represent Italy during the Renaisance.

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
Hmm, without giving a spoiler about Zafaria yet, I'm telling you Zeke is up to it again. but aside from his monkeying around, his quest (ties in with) a certain four legged creature. I noticed the connection on sight.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
FleurDeMort wrote:
Hmm, without giving a spoiler about Zafaria yet, I'm telling you Zeke is up to it again. but aside from his monkeying around, his quest (ties in with) a certain four legged creature. I noticed the connection on sight.

There's also a priceless music reference further in (closer to the end, in a dungeon). I just happen to be stuck there and when I see the quest name I can't help but laugh. :D *trying REALLY hard not to give anything away! lol!*

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Jacques the Scratcher is supposed to be Jack the ripper i believe.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
@eggywig funny thing is, that right there is an egg within an egg. Stacking much?

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
I found a few in Zafaria! Sorry if anyone posted this before me, but here goes:
Captain Onetusk in Baobab Market is a referrence to Han Solo of Star Wars, as is Sobacca, Onetusks partner. Solo himself had a partner named Chewbacca.
The zookeeper in Stone Town is named Jorton Whogard. This is a referrence to Horton Hears a Who. Ah, the days of Dr. Seuss......

Defender
Dec 21, 2010
Dr. Who reference in Marlybone - Regents Square, In front of Scotland Yard. Red Telegraph Box, looks like the Blue police box.- The Tardis. The sign says that it is smaller on the inside - not larger like the tardis. The dog looks like a reference to Tom Baker - 4th doctor who wore the big scarf.

A Star Wars reference too. Hannibal Onetusk located in Baobab Market, Zafaria - Han Solo?

Survivor
Apr 11, 2010
What about the Rage Against The Machine references in Zf: Calm Like a
Bomb, Know Your Enemy
MC Hammer reference in Wt: Hammer Dont Hurt'em