Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Card Banning in PvP

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 31, 2011
122
I think that treasure cards should be banned because I always see a level 1 use efreet on me. So does anyone else here think that treasure cards should be banned?

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
441
Gamester999 wrote:
I think that treasure cards should be banned because I always see a level 1 use efreet on me. So does anyone else here think that treasure cards should be banned?
Why cant you use a efreet on that lvl one yourself? that and it must have taken that lvl 1 about 7 turns to save up enough pips to use efreet. I am also wondering how a lvl 1 could use a rank 8 spell since you only have 7 pip slots and dont get a power pip chance until lvl 10 ( give or take pet ).

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
Gamester999 wrote:
I think that treasure cards should be banned because I always see a level 1 use efreet on me. So does anyone else here think that treasure cards should be banned?


Gamester,

Why did KI generate the Amulets then, what would be the real use of them, if for example Life couldn't use a low AOE hit when needed. If a Myth couldn't use Saytr to heal, etc.
Now, I agree with you on one thing, I wouldn't mind seeing a level cap put on certain attack cards.

Joe.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
523
There are several posts about this every week.

Treasure cards won't be banned anytime soon, so you should let go of that desire as soon as possible.

I only use cards that are in my deck. The sideboard is part of my deck.

The way PvP works is I put what I want in my deck. And you put what you want in your deck. Then we duel.

Treasure cards are what makes this game unique and keeps PvP interesting. It allows a player to develop a truly unique style that would vanish if treasure cards were banned from PvP.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
547
*points at malt* ya what he said

The secret to PvP is practice and adaptation. The problem is people whisp through the regular game fighting mindless monsters, get to lvl 70 and say to themselves "hey I'm probably one of the toughest wizards around, I'm going to go own some people in pvp". Then they proceed to join their first battle without a plan, using regular pVe deck and the blade and hit strategy that worked so good in the regular game. Ten losses later by people a fraction of their level they stare at the 0-10 record and think.. There must be something wrong with pvp because I beat malistare all by myself... the human mind is the last thing to hold itself accountable for failure and reaches out for anything and everything to blame. In this case it is treasure cards.

Change the player not the game. Keep focused and grind it out, practice makes perfect. You can't just jump on a piano and after learning you don't know how to play start removing keys. /color]

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
122
Your right Malt22 I guess I wouldnt mind a Level 1 using Efreet on me because they would only have like 500 hp and I have 2,000 + hp So it only makes it fair for the level one used Efreet on me. :-)

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
122
Squire
Jan 05, 2010
547
Gamester999 wrote:
And thank you TravisAk! And Malt22 and all other who helped!
Sry about being so blunt. Next time try asking for some tips, deck construction help or advice before demandIng a major change to a game we all know and love. There are many floating around here with allot of pvp Xp that would gladly help. Good luck gamester


Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
I agree with you, Treasure Cards were not made for PvP. They were probably made to help you with boss fights or something. This is why, people often lose, their treasure card cheating, yes I know you can't win without your precious treasure cards. This would make PvP a lot more interesting.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
7
Actually, am a member now but when i was not, then i use to use several treasure cards in PVP which helped me allot to win as well as to show off
I suggest that treasure cards should not be banned cause they help the people who are not members. And too its good to have treasure cards in PVP.

From me to Wizard101 central: Please do not ban treasure cards in PVP 8)

-> Sarah, Adept Death

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
122
Well so far what everyone is saying I want treasure cards in PvP. But still I still need ohter people suggestions before I pick. I just dont like treasure cards in PvP because there is people with like 3,000 hp + that use treasure cards to boost there damage.

Delver
Aug 01, 2009
251
SIGH.. There is NOTHING wrong with Treasure Cards in pvp. The side deck is there for a reason- get yourself some treasure cards and stop worrying about it. Treasure cards is what makes pvp so fun!!!!

Survivor
May 23, 2009
3
on my wizard i pvp a lot but since he is level 10 people i pvp with always you treasure card like rank 4 and higher, they even use judgement. i think they should ban treasure cards from pvp because i dont have the gold to buy those treasure cards

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
547
Slacker.. Sorry but your name basically responds to your post.

Slacker you can't just stumble into the arena expecting to win pvp matches, You have to take the time to prepare for your matches. That requires pet training, main deck construction and side deck Prep/selection (buying and choosing Tc's that work with your playing style/strategy).

Gold is available as a drop at every level and just because you are not motivated enough to "have the gold" does not warrant a complete TC ban,
Clearly Everyone know you have the option of getting gold and obtaining TC's from the library or bazaar. TC's and gear/items are also dropped by monsters which you can sell for gold, really there is no good reason for you to not "have the gold"



Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
slacker321 wrote:
on my wizard i pvp a lot but since he is level 10 people i pvp with always you treasure card like rank 4 and higher, they even use judgement. i think they should ban treasure cards from pvp because i dont have the gold to buy those treasure cards


You are the one ill prepared for the pvp match. Tc are part of the game deal with them.

"if you can't handle the heat stay out of the kitchen"

Survivor
Jun 30, 2008
36
Hi Slacker321, if treasures cards were taken out of PVP no one would play because wizards need to add treasure cards to their side deck to assist them in battle such as tower shields.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
260
so everyone should just not be able to use treasure cards in pvp just because one player is too lazy to get the gold......what?

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
77
travisAk wrote:
Slacker.. Sorry but your name basically responds to your post.

Slacker you can't just stumble into the arena expecting to win pvp matches, You have to take the time to prepare for your matches. That requires pet training, main deck construction and side deck Prep/selection (buying and choosing Tc's that work with your playing style/strategy).

Gold is available as a drop at every level and just because you are not motivated enough to "have the gold" does not warrant a complete TC ban,
Clearly Everyone know you have the option of getting gold and obtaining TC's from the library or bazaar. TC's and gear/items are also dropped by monsters which you can sell for gold, really there is no good reason for you to not "have the gold"




OK it seems none of you guys on this thread are understanding anything.

First: just because you have the gold to buy treasures doesn't mean everyone else does. Hello? We also spend them on gear for PvE wands pets mounts, crafting, housing, houses, etc. Some people just want to do other things sometimes, so treasures aren't really fair ...

Second: Why? Well let's see. Some guy can have a huge amount of gold he has saved because he has crown gear and has saved them up. Others dont have the money to be spending on crowns here and there, therefore saving money for in the game.

Third: Cheating, what we all complain about. Treasure cards can be cheating sometimes. Don't begin saying "Oh, well it's a strategy all good players have" or "It's part of the game". I know that. But then again a level 15 could be using orthrus treasure, triton treasure, ra treasure, etc. just because they can afford it while others can't. THEREFORE you have someone your same level having the high ground over you because he has treasure cards and you dont, making him do 3-5 times as much damage as he should be at his level; meaning you need 2-4 times as much health, which definitely is not fair. In that case PVP just get's more unbalanced. You have people doing grandmaster damage at level 15 etc. while you have an average PVPer who uses what he has doing the low to moderate damage.

Fourth: Because of treasure cards in PVP all schools are losing their uniqueness. For instance: A balance sorcerer finds that he wants to do more damage than he can, so he goes and buys a TC wild bolt, while a storm diviner wants to shield better so he goes as well and buys a TC elemental shield. See the problem? Now anyone can turn the other guy's school against the other in PVP, therefore creating a major problem with people not using their way of their school as they should, and instead using OTHER schools.

I'm not saying Treasure cards are bad, actually they are great in PVE not PVP, as in PVP it creates more unfairness between others.

Thank You. Reply if you have answers or NICE comments

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
547
knightmare12 wrote:

OK it seems none of you guys on this thread are understanding anything.

First: just because you have the gold to buy treasures doesn't mean everyone else does. Hello? We also spend them on gear for PvE wands pets mounts, crafting, housing, houses, etc. Some people just want to do other things sometimes, so treasures aren't really fair ...

Treasure cards are available to everybody, making them fair. Treasure cards can be bought for gold, obtained through gardening, dropped in battle (Lady Oriel gives a rank 5 seraph as a reward in unicorn way), crafted or even traded with other players across the spiral.

Think of it this way, not everyone has the patience to do crafting in the game so in your line of thinking crafted things are not fair and they should be taken away from those who earned it or banned from the game because not everyone wants to use their time to collect regents.

The right to win in pvp is reserved for those who take time to prepare for pvp and people shouldn't reward people for lazyness.


Knightmare12 wrote:
Second: Why? Well let's see. Some guy can have a huge amount of gold he has saved because he has crown gear and has saved them up. Others dont have the money to be spending on crowns here and there, therefore saving moneyn for in the game.

Not sure I understand what you are pointing at here, how does crown gear relate to gold?

Knightmare12 wrote:
Third: Cheating, what we all complain about. Treasure cards can be cheating sometimes. Don't begin saying "Oh, well it's a strategy all good players have" or "It's part of the game". I know that. But then again a level 15 could be using orthrus treasure, triton treasure, ra treasure, etc. just because they can afford it while others can't. THEREFORE you have someone your same level having the high ground over you because he has treasure cards and you dont, making him do 3-5 times as much damage as he should be at his level; meaning you need 2-4 times as much health, which definitely is not fair. In that case PVP just get's more unbalanced. You have people doing grandmaster damage at level 15 etc. while you have an average PVPer who uses what he has doing the low to moderate damage.

There is no cheating in ranked pvp, just because you find something difficult in pvp does not make it cheating.

You seem to be under the misconception that a level 15 will always fight someone in their lvl range. My lvl 15 fire for example (1060 rank) will get matched up with lvl 48 private wizards who are three times my level, that means they can train orthrus and the other lvl 48 spells. This type of scenario makes it possible for people in my position to win but you need to use your side deck. With the character I mentioned the health difference between me and a 48 ice is 800-3300 in some cases and the highest trained spell by a lvl 15 fire is firebird. Can you do 3300 damage(enough to kill the ice) with three firebirds? You see? Banning TC's would only restrict the lower level player in these types of matches who is already at a big disadvantage.

Armiger
Mar 18, 2009
2381
knightmare12 wrote:
OK it seems none of you guys on this thread are understanding anything.

First: just because you have the gold to buy treasures doesn't mean everyone else does. Hello? We also spend them on gear for PvE wands pets mounts, crafting, housing, houses, etc. Some people just want to do other things sometimes, so treasures aren't really fair ...

Second: Why? Well let's see. Some guy can have a huge amount of gold he has saved because he has crown gear and has saved them up. Others dont have the money to be spending on crowns here and there, therefore saving money for in the game.


Not all the best treasure cards are "bought." You can garden for some high level treasure cards at low levels, by simply attaining a high gardening rank. The only cost is the plant, trained spell, and depending upon those two factors, a friend to teleport you to the corresponding garden trainer. This works up to Zafaria.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
248
They SHOULD NOT ban treasure cards from pvp without treasure cards well pvp would not be pvp and because you lose a few times to low levels with treasure cards does not mean they should be banned I would do max level pvp if I were you low level pvp is full of high level treasures and well honestly you cannot just wander into the arena unprepared and unknowing and expect to win you have to learn some things first and this is the problem with many complaints people without experience wander in and lose so they think the thing that beat them is 'unfair' and well that is your problem you cannot obtain the gold for the treasure cards but that does not mean everyone cannot

@knightmare12 where to begin.. honestly yo can farm for gold to get the tc there is no prob there and treasures are apart of the strategy there is no 'cheating' high level tc in low level pvp is not unbeatable in fact on some of my low levels that have pvp'd I could beat em and now turning into another persons school in the arena is a grave mistake you will most likely lose and lose hard I have a life mastery but if I go entirely life I'd get beaten to the ground and well elemental shield isn't great anyway tower shield is the way to go.. and bolts with a balance.. no just.. no and if everyone just used their school training points would not exist and well certain schools like balance and ice who can shield from everything would entirely dominate almost every other school because they can shield for everything

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
77
All you guys have a point, and i agree with you in SOME places.

You see, we all know, and no one can deny it, that treasure cards are EXTREMELY helpful in pvp, and that ANYBODY can use a card way above their rank. It's really about those players that aren't good at pvp, dont know how to use treasure cards, or those who or new to pvp. If everyone could fairly use the spells that they have, mostly everyone would understand what's going on, and you wouldn't have unfair differences between opponents. All you guys have a point somewhere in there, but the thing is not everyone understands the game, or knows wow to "EXCELLENTLY" play pvp. True TC's can be farmed, but not everyone knows exactly what they are. Right now i am an excellent player in pvp but at first I didn't know how to draw cards until level 15, which frustrated me because i thought those cards at first were for later on when i was a higher level.

BUT to sum it up, my plainly stated point is: TC in pvp is not fair.
Now a LOT of you will disagree with this, but it is true, just think about it plainly.
-You are paired up in pvp with a guy lower level than you (15-10) and he uses a TC rank 7 (power nova). So what if you had no clue what was happening? After all if you are level 15 you are just beginning to understand the game little by little. So why not make it fair to where both opponents know what is happening? In other words they both know what each others spells are at that level. Wouldn't that be better? There would be more understanding; instead out of nowhere a level 5 casts a tower shield which is for level 16. That way we all know who has what, what he/she has, plain as that.

Thanks, comment or reply nicely :P

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
547
knightmare12 wrote:
All you guys have a point, and i agree with you in SOME places.

You see, we all know, and no one can deny it, that treasure cards are EXTREMELY helpful in pvp, and that ANYBODY can use a card way above their rank. It's really about those players that aren't good at pvp, dont know how to use treasure cards, or those who or new to pvp. If everyone could fairly use the spells that they have, mostly everyone would understand what's going on, and you wouldn't have unfair differences between opponents. All you guys have a point somewhere in there, but the thing is not everyone understands the game, or knows wow to "EXCELLENTLY" play pvp. True TC's can be farmed, but not everyone knows exactly what they are. Right now i am an excellent player in pvp but at first I didn't know how to draw cards until level 15, which frustrated me because i thought those cards at first were for later on when i was a higher level.

BUT to sum it up, my plainly stated point is: TC in pvp is not fair.
Now a LOT of you will disagree with this, but it is true, just think about it plainly.
-You are paired up in pvp with a guy lower level than you (15-10) and he uses a TC rank 7 (power nova). So what if you had no clue what was happening? After all if you are level 15 you are just beginning to understand the game little by little. So why not make it fair to where both opponents know what is happening? In other words they both know what each others spells are at that level. Wouldn't that be better? There would be more understanding; instead out of nowhere a level 5 casts a tower shield which is for level 16. That way we all know who has what, what he/she has, plain as that.

Thanks, comment or reply nicely :P


So you would like for pvp to be more like a slot machine? For anyone and everyone to just sit down and pull a lever without needing any level of skill or amount of preparation?

Think of pvp like any sport for a minute... You can pick up and throw a football around with a few friends for fun without really understanding the strategic plays or complicated rules and dynamics involved with a professional league football game
A person must practice very hard and train before they can function in ranked pvp as it is the equivalent of the professional end of any sport. Kingsisle has provided a practice option for the people you are describing (less skilled) where they can learn and adapt to conditions in ranked before enterIng ranked pvp where the skill level isn't as intense.

Remember the pvp tutorial? Before your first pvp match Diego teaches you how to draw and use cards from your side deck so when you say you were lvl 15 and didn't know how to draw cards from your side deck it was your own fault for not paying attention.

Bottom line is that ranked pvp takes time, preparation, planning and practice. You have learn how to swim in practice mode before you jump in with the sharks.. Or you'll get bit. Simple enough right?








Survivor
May 23, 2009
3
sry i should have been more precise i meant that people in the 20s 30s and lower use rank 7 treasure cards and rank 6 spells not all treasure cards while i try to attack they use tower shields im fine with tower shields but getting triton every match is pretty annoying

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
travisAk wrote:
Slacker.. Sorry but your name basically responds to your post.

Slacker you can't just stumble into the arena expecting to win pvp matches, You have to take the time to prepare for your matches. That requires pet training, main deck construction and side deck Prep/selection (buying and choosing Tc's that work with your playing style/strategy).

Gold is available as a drop at every level and just because you are not motivated enough to "have the gold" does not warrant a complete TC ban,
Clearly Everyone know you have the option of getting gold and obtaining TC's from the library or bazaar. TC's and gear/items are also dropped by monsters which you can sell for gold, really there is no good reason for you to not "have the gold"




Agreed.