Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nerf Healing Current

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
53
PvP King on May 20, 2014 wrote:
It's not ruining it for PvE, you're already fighting a monster who can't enchant hits, has no damage boost or resist (unless it's your school), doesn't have brains to stop you from doing what you're doing, and doesn't have much critical. PvP is harder than fighting a simple boss, trust me, I've soloed the game but I still lose in PvP. You don't need a pet to "spam heal" in PvE, that takes out the fun of the entire game and makes it all easy and boring. Even without Current spamming 1000 like crazy (even when it already does in PvE), you have Fairy Friend, Spritely, and Unicorn that all spam non-stop against monsters and bosses to help you. One talent isn't going to make your questing any different.

"Deal with it. Change your strategy, stop ruining it for pve." Ok, then go get a better pet if you can't deal with it. But no, you can't change your strategy to beat something that's overpowered, especially in a deck of 64 cards, and having to deal with everything else all at the same time.
No. just no. Pets are a really touchy topic for me because I was cheated out of a lot of hard earned cash to raise healing pets only to have them nerfed because of pvp whiners. Therefore since they were nerfed, guess what? they do not spam heal in monster and boss fights. I solo as well and my pets do not spam heal. And yes, where I fight, those bosses can and do use shadow magic. How is that not boosting?

Like I said, change your strategy, they sell storm dispels in Zafaria library. Use them. Problem solved.

People, stop whining about pets. the only way to fix it and make it fair for everyone in PVP is to have pets disequipped in the arena. No pets, everyone is even.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
Lucas Rain on May 21, 2014 wrote:
PvP King, are you asking that the casting rate for Healing Current overall be decreased?
Or are you asking for a steeper grade in the casting rates of 100, 400, and 1000?
Or are you asking that the 1000 heal be completely removed, leaving Healing Current as a 100 or 400?
At first I wanted the casting rate to be decreased, but now I want it to have a chance to do 400/500/600 so it doesn't heal 1000.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
Lucky Wizard on May 21, 2014 wrote:
No. just no. Pets are a really touchy topic for me because I was cheated out of a lot of hard earned cash to raise healing pets only to have them nerfed because of pvp whiners. Therefore since they were nerfed, guess what? they do not spam heal in monster and boss fights. I solo as well and my pets do not spam heal. And yes, where I fight, those bosses can and do use shadow magic. How is that not boosting?

Like I said, change your strategy, they sell storm dispels in Zafaria library. Use them. Problem solved.

People, stop whining about pets. the only way to fix it and make it fair for everyone in PVP is to have pets disequipped in the arena. No pets, everyone is even.
First of all, only Fairy Friend was changed in questing, read what KingsIsle said about lowering the cast rate for it, so it's pure luck if it's not spamming in boss fights, KingsIsle had nothing to do with your pet's Unicorn Spirtely or Healing Current casting less.

I can't simply "change my strategy" and add Storm dispels. Why would I use 2 of my power pips (4 pips since I only get power pips) to stop a 0 pip heal? I'd be at a major pip disadvantage just to stop a pet from healing while the wizard himself can still use his heals to heal with as well. Back before Celestia, we had to deal with pets giving absolutely nothing but power pip chance, so I don't see why you can't deal with it now. Sure, bosses can cheat, but now there's something great called "team up" where you don't even need friends to help you in dungeons or boss fights. Why do you need a pet to spam like crazy in PvE again?

Shadow magic has nothing to do with boosting your spell's damage. Sure, it can give armor pierce, but they have no damage boost or damage enchants whatsoever, and all you really have to do is use a couple dispels or accuracy debuffs and they take 5000 backlash, and most of the time they won't even use the right spell that goes with their shadow magic because they don't have a brain operating them (they're computers, they use any random spell they have the pips for) so most of the time they're increasing their backlash anyways.

"the only way to fix it and make it fair for everyone in PVP is to have pets disequipped in the arena. No pets, everyone is even." Alright, so we'd lose 15% resist, lose some damage boost, lose basically every stat we need from our pets as well as the spells they give and still have major armor pierce and critical? No, nobody would be able to survive 1 turn vs a Storm wizard with only 28% resist to help them. A better solution? Simply don't make overpowered talents in the first place.

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1681
PvP King on May 20, 2014 wrote:
It's not ruining it for PvE, you're already fighting a monster who can't enchant hits, has no damage boost or resist (unless it's your school), doesn't have brains to stop you from doing what you're doing, and doesn't have much critical. PvP is harder than fighting a simple boss, trust me, I've soloed the game but I still lose in PvP. You don't need a pet to "spam heal" in PvE, that takes out the fun of the entire game and makes it all easy and boring. Even without Current spamming 1000 like crazy (even when it already does in PvE), you have Fairy Friend, Spritely, and Unicorn that all spam non-stop against monsters and bosses to help you. One talent isn't going to make your questing any different.

"Deal with it. Change your strategy, stop ruining it for pve." Ok, then go get a better pet if you can't deal with it. But no, you can't change your strategy to beat something that's overpowered, especially in a deck of 64 cards, and having to deal with everything else all at the same time.
The problem is, what gets changed in PvP also effects PvE and PvE players don't hear monster complaining about the spam healing. Many PvE players dont care about spam healing either. I think, that many PvPers don't take into account how people who ONLY PvE feel about the healing pets; only that it bothers them that they might lose in PvP because of spam healing. The EASIEST solution to this is simply to remove pets from pvp entirely.... but then PvP players will complain that they need healing pets. This is a cyclical argument of which KI will never address other than to nerf the abilities more and more and annoy PvEers; the BULK of their players. Changes that effect one will almost always effect the other, because of how KI does things. That has to be taken into consideration.

Bottom line is that things have been changed because PvPers have complained and it has negatively impacted PvE and that is why people don't want changes like this to happen. Maybe, instead of thinking of it a spam maycast, think of it as "pets are the PvE cheat spells that monsters get who spam as well".

There will ALWAYS be animosity between PvE and PvP unless KI changes how they deal with issues in one, and make sure it minimally, or not at all, effects theother.

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1681
PvP King on May 20, 2014 wrote:
It's not ruining it for PvE, you're already fighting a monster who can't enchant hits, has no damage boost or resist (unless it's your school), doesn't have brains to stop you from doing what you're doing, and doesn't have much critical. PvP is harder than fighting a simple boss, trust me, I've soloed the game but I still lose in PvP. You don't need a pet to "spam heal" in PvE, that takes out the fun of the entire game and makes it all easy and boring. Even without Current spamming 1000 like crazy (even when it already does in PvE), you have Fairy Friend, Spritely, and Unicorn that all spam non-stop against monsters and bosses to help you. One talent isn't going to make your questing any different.

"Deal with it. Change your strategy, stop ruining it for pve." Ok, then go get a better pet if you can't deal with it. But no, you can't change your strategy to beat something that's overpowered, especially in a deck of 64 cards, and having to deal with everything else all at the same time.
Let me see if I can explain this a different way. Pets are causing problems for PvP, so you want them to be changed and feel that's the only solution (yes, I know many solutions have been offered in the past). PvE players see nerfing spells and pets to satisfy PvP that change how PvE is played as causing a problem. So, by that extension, we should just get rid of PvP because it breaks PvE? it really is the same thing. PvP has a problem with X, stating that it breaks their experience, so they want it removed (treasure card casting, maycast abilities, etc). PvE doesnt like how PvP breaks their experience and wants PvP removed. Is that really ANY different? Sure the OUTCOME would be different, but the logic is the same. I, and others have offered many solutions to the widening gap of PvP and PvE, but all PvP people seem to want is to change spells so they have a different experience, not caring how it will change PvE. I will once again state how PvE and PvP spells and pets should act totally different and should be programmed for differing effects. This way, if PvP gets broken, they just fix PvP and leave PvE alone, and the same the other way

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
dayerider on May 22, 2014 wrote:
Let me see if I can explain this a different way. Pets are causing problems for PvP, so you want them to be changed and feel that's the only solution (yes, I know many solutions have been offered in the past). PvE players see nerfing spells and pets to satisfy PvP that change how PvE is played as causing a problem. So, by that extension, we should just get rid of PvP because it breaks PvE? it really is the same thing. PvP has a problem with X, stating that it breaks their experience, so they want it removed (treasure card casting, maycast abilities, etc). PvE doesnt like how PvP breaks their experience and wants PvP removed. Is that really ANY different? Sure the OUTCOME would be different, but the logic is the same. I, and others have offered many solutions to the widening gap of PvP and PvE, but all PvP people seem to want is to change spells so they have a different experience, not caring how it will change PvE. I will once again state how PvE and PvP spells and pets should act totally different and should be programmed for differing effects. This way, if PvP gets broken, they just fix PvP and leave PvE alone, and the same the other way
First of all, PvP is the biggest part of the game aside from the main storyline. Putting in talents that cause a huge unbalance in PvP makes millions of players say no to Wizard101 and therefore stop playing. Millions of wizards including myself play the game for PvP and PvP alone, I'm not interested in the storyline, and everything that I do in the storyline is based on how well I do in PvP. It has been this way for years, and storyline quests for years have been doable with or without MC Healing Current. I've soloed the game like I've said before, I don't even use a healing pet, in fact I don't even use a resist giving pet or have any resist from my questing gear whatsoever, I just use spells and get the job done. I don't see how nerfing Healing Current is going to ruin PvE for everybody, because from what I know you never needed to heal 1000 per turn in the first place. You already have your healing spells, the option to team up, the option to use 5 pip minions that help immensely, the option to buy henchmen, the option to ask friends for help, and everything you need to make questing easy, so why do you think everybody needs an overpowered healing talent all of the sudden?

The people that complain about treasure cards and all that don't try to find a solution in PvP. Right now, there's no solution to MC Healing Current healing insane. I was fine with Fairy Friend because everybody had Entangle to stop it anyways, so it wasn't as much of an issue for me. Then when Healing Current got boosted up to casting extremely often and hitting 1000 extremely often, I can't use 2 mastery amulets at the same time to use Storm dispels as well.

No, separating PvP and PvE completely is a horrible idea. PvP is what balances PvE and is an amazing test to see what makes questing too easy or not, PvP brings balance to the game.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
dayerider on May 22, 2014 wrote:
The problem is, what gets changed in PvP also effects PvE and PvE players don't hear monster complaining about the spam healing. Many PvE players dont care about spam healing either. I think, that many PvPers don't take into account how people who ONLY PvE feel about the healing pets; only that it bothers them that they might lose in PvP because of spam healing. The EASIEST solution to this is simply to remove pets from pvp entirely.... but then PvP players will complain that they need healing pets. This is a cyclical argument of which KI will never address other than to nerf the abilities more and more and annoy PvEers; the BULK of their players. Changes that effect one will almost always effect the other, because of how KI does things. That has to be taken into consideration.

Bottom line is that things have been changed because PvPers have complained and it has negatively impacted PvE and that is why people don't want changes like this to happen. Maybe, instead of thinking of it a spam maycast, think of it as "pets are the PvE cheat spells that monsters get who spam as well".

There will ALWAYS be animosity between PvE and PvP unless KI changes how they deal with issues in one, and make sure it minimally, or not at all, effects theother.
Of course you can't hear monsters complaining about Healing Current, they're computers. What was your point again? And you're telling me nobody with overpowered pets and gear has ever said "wow questing is so boring and easy"? It's unimaginably easy with Healing Current, in fact, I don't even use resist gear in PvE or relatively good gear in questing/farming so I don't see at all how nobody thinks Healing Current makes questing boring.

No, if pets were removed from PvP, then people would complain that they would only have 28% resist and extremely low damage boosts, not because an overpowered healing talent got taken off the arena. Sure, people would complain that PvP isn't all a cake walk for them anymore, but that's their problem, if they rely on a pet talent for victories and not on their skill, then they're not even all that good in PvP.

For your second paragraph, no. I can't be all like "oh hey my opponent is smart enough to heal him/her self and has the brains to defeat me and wow, the pet healed and saved them so all they have to worry about is taking my health down, nice!" You try doing PvP, go into a match and nearly winning but your opponent's pet heals over 1400 because of Healing Current so the match gets turned around for 0 pips and surviving all because of pure luck without complaining about it, I dare you. But I don't see many people complaining about monsters being too smart or having impossible pets/cheats to defeat, because PvE is a billion times easier and simpler than PvP, and Healing Current makes it even easier. Stack blades, attack, repeat for the duration of the storyline.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4118
PvP King on May 22, 2014 wrote:
First of all, PvP is the biggest part of the game aside from the main storyline. Putting in talents that cause a huge unbalance in PvP makes millions of players say no to Wizard101 and therefore stop playing. Millions of wizards including myself play the game for PvP and PvP alone, I'm not interested in the storyline, and everything that I do in the storyline is based on how well I do in PvP. It has been this way for years, and storyline quests for years have been doable with or without MC Healing Current. I've soloed the game like I've said before, I don't even use a healing pet, in fact I don't even use a resist giving pet or have any resist from my questing gear whatsoever, I just use spells and get the job done. I don't see how nerfing Healing Current is going to ruin PvE for everybody, because from what I know you never needed to heal 1000 per turn in the first place. You already have your healing spells, the option to team up, the option to use 5 pip minions that help immensely, the option to buy henchmen, the option to ask friends for help, and everything you need to make questing easy, so why do you think everybody needs an overpowered healing talent all of the sudden?

The people that complain about treasure cards and all that don't try to find a solution in PvP. Right now, there's no solution to MC Healing Current healing insane. I was fine with Fairy Friend because everybody had Entangle to stop it anyways, so it wasn't as much of an issue for me. Then when Healing Current got boosted up to casting extremely often and hitting 1000 extremely often, I can't use 2 mastery amulets at the same time to use Storm dispels as well.

No, separating PvP and PvE completely is a horrible idea. PvP is what balances PvE and is an amazing test to see what makes questing too easy or not, PvP brings balance to the game.
You really can't seem to get your head around the idea of defense or ANY strategy whatsoever. You admit that dress for pure offense, no healing. Then you complain everywhere that you can't defend anything and everyone else heals. Why don't you make an attempt at actually using the tools the game gives you. You are also really deluded if you think that so much of the game revolves around PvP. A vast majority of players stay away from it completely. The last thing the game needs is more nerfing of healing even if it was just for PvP only. PvP has already turned into largely 2-3 round spam critical matches as it is without nerfing it to prevent healing.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
seethe42 on May 23, 2014 wrote:
You really can't seem to get your head around the idea of defense or ANY strategy whatsoever. You admit that dress for pure offense, no healing. Then you complain everywhere that you can't defend anything and everyone else heals. Why don't you make an attempt at actually using the tools the game gives you. You are also really deluded if you think that so much of the game revolves around PvP. A vast majority of players stay away from it completely. The last thing the game needs is more nerfing of healing even if it was just for PvP only. PvP has already turned into largely 2-3 round spam critical matches as it is without nerfing it to prevent healing.
Lol, so you know my PvP strategy now? I never said all I do is spam attacks and I'm totally defenseless against attacks, but if you really want to think that go ahead.

"Why don't you make an attempt at actually using the tools the game gives you." Alright, let's 1v1 if you think I'm just some PvP Private that has no idea what he's doing. I use my tools, but telling me to use something as pitiful as a Storm dispel to stop a 0 pip heal is just too funny. So I have to put myself 4x pips behind my opponent to stop his pet from healing 1000? Is that seriously what you're telling me?

No, I don't know anybody who tries to avoid PvP. They try it, they like it or not. Most, however, do like PvP. Most people in the game in fact don't even do PvE either, so don't go thinking that only 5% of the game does PvP and 95% is all PvE. Most people train pets, garden, chat with friends, go visit the dye shop, and often don't quest at all. Most people without memberships turn to PvP because it's a fun aspect about the game. I bet that 60% of the game just chats and hangs around and farms bosses from time to time to match their friends or get cool looking gear, 30% improve pets and gardens and get gear for PvP, and 10% play the game for the storyline alone. Most people that you see questing have a PvP rank over or under 500, and that's just the people who do ranked. There's tournaments and practice PvP, both huge aspects of Wizard101. If you still think PvP is a tiny unneeded portion of the game, go visit the Arena, you're never going to find less than 50 match queues.

PvP isn't 2-3 turns long, are you serious? Most matches last over 30 turns. In addition to that, there's pets healing a quarter of wizards' health for 0 pips which really irritates me. For example, you have 4000 health. Should a may cast talent ever be healing 1000 (25%) of your health back? How about the opponent's pips and blades, so they've all gone to waste? No, Healing Current healing 1000 in unfair, and don't bring up the fact that PvE is a mountain compared to PvP, because it's not.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1077
PvP King on May 22, 2014 wrote:
First of all, PvP is the biggest part of the game aside from the main storyline. Putting in talents that cause a huge unbalance in PvP makes millions of players say no to Wizard101 and therefore stop playing. Millions of wizards including myself play the game for PvP and PvP alone, I'm not interested in the storyline, and everything that I do in the storyline is based on how well I do in PvP. It has been this way for years, and storyline quests for years have been doable with or without MC Healing Current. I've soloed the game like I've said before, I don't even use a healing pet, in fact I don't even use a resist giving pet or have any resist from my questing gear whatsoever, I just use spells and get the job done. I don't see how nerfing Healing Current is going to ruin PvE for everybody, because from what I know you never needed to heal 1000 per turn in the first place. You already have your healing spells, the option to team up, the option to use 5 pip minions that help immensely, the option to buy henchmen, the option to ask friends for help, and everything you need to make questing easy, so why do you think everybody needs an overpowered healing talent all of the sudden?

The people that complain about treasure cards and all that don't try to find a solution in PvP. Right now, there's no solution to MC Healing Current healing insane. I was fine with Fairy Friend because everybody had Entangle to stop it anyways, so it wasn't as much of an issue for me. Then when Healing Current got boosted up to casting extremely often and hitting 1000 extremely often, I can't use 2 mastery amulets at the same time to use Storm dispels as well.

No, separating PvP and PvE completely is a horrible idea. PvP is what balances PvE and is an amazing test to see what makes questing too easy or not, PvP brings balance to the game.
PvP is not the biggest part of the game (besides contradicting yourself by continuing with "aside from the main storyline).

The actual imbalance is in PvE, and that's because of the PvP whiners who delude themselves in thinking that PvP is the only thing in the game that matters. Millions upon millions of players do not PvP. Many many wizards that do PvP won't take their wizard past oh, say, level 50, because they want to remain low to mid-level so the battles don't take as long as they can with higher levels.

Healing current is in the game. Period. Accept it, and stop whining that it needs to be nerfed. What happens in PvE for other players in regards to alleged OP heals, or even alleged OP gear, isn't anyone's concern. Why? Because, in actuality, it doesn't affect any other player. Who cares what someone else has or doesn't have?

Pets have already been affected greatly in PvE. You can only put in so many heals in your deck before it starts to get ridiculous. And, even then, they never seem to come up when you actually need them. At this point in the higher levels of the game, PvE needs whatever they can get, since the gear gets worse and worse at the upper levels.

PvP does not balance PvE. As a matter-of-fact, PvP severely hinders the development of PvE. PvP, when the rank system was established and went live, brought in a whole new type of player to W101. I must say, since that happened, the entire game got worse and is one of the reasons why W101 is not such a fun, magical, family game any more. PvP brought in the worst of the worst. The attitudes, the elitism, the demands that the game change for them, the bullying, and the list goes on.

Personally, I would love to see PvP wiped out of W101, or at the very least, put in a separate PvP server, where you guys can go ahead and show off your gear and rank, and puff up your chests to bellow out to everyone there how wonderful you are, so that those that play PvE, can do so without getting slapped in the face over and over again.

It's funny that I say that, because I'm a PvP'er myself, or I used to be until recently. It's the attitude and narrow-mindedness that you posted in black and white that I see from PvP'ers these days.

It's a shame you can't see the forest through the trees.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
BrynnerOfReign on May 24, 2014 wrote:
PvP is not the biggest part of the game (besides contradicting yourself by continuing with "aside from the main storyline).

The actual imbalance is in PvE, and that's because of the PvP whiners who delude themselves in thinking that PvP is the only thing in the game that matters. Millions upon millions of players do not PvP. Many many wizards that do PvP won't take their wizard past oh, say, level 50, because they want to remain low to mid-level so the battles don't take as long as they can with higher levels.

Healing current is in the game. Period. Accept it, and stop whining that it needs to be nerfed. What happens in PvE for other players in regards to alleged OP heals, or even alleged OP gear, isn't anyone's concern. Why? Because, in actuality, it doesn't affect any other player. Who cares what someone else has or doesn't have?

Pets have already been affected greatly in PvE. You can only put in so many heals in your deck before it starts to get ridiculous. And, even then, they never seem to come up when you actually need them. At this point in the higher levels of the game, PvE needs whatever they can get, since the gear gets worse and worse at the upper levels.

PvP does not balance PvE. As a matter-of-fact, PvP severely hinders the development of PvE. PvP, when the rank system was established and went live, brought in a whole new type of player to W101. I must say, since that happened, the entire game got worse and is one of the reasons why W101 is not such a fun, magical, family game any more. PvP brought in the worst of the worst. The attitudes, the elitism, the demands that the game change for them, the bullying, and the list goes on.

Personally, I would love to see PvP wiped out of W101, or at the very least, put in a separate PvP server, where you guys can go ahead and show off your gear and rank, and puff up your chests to bellow out to everyone there how wonderful you are, so that those that play PvE, can do so without getting slapped in the face over and over again.

It's funny that I say that, because I'm a PvP'er myself, or I used to be until recently. It's the attitude and narrow-mindedness that you posted in black and white that I see from PvP'ers these days.

It's a shame you can't see the forest through the trees.
Pvp certainly is not the biggest part of the game; however, many players play the game only for PvP, and often spend a lot of money just for pvp. Next, aren't you saying the exact same thing about PvE? PvP may not be the most important part of the game, but it still is an important part, just like PvE is not the entire game, but is still a very important part of the game. In PvE, do you really need a pet healing you for 1,000 every other round? PvE is not very difficult; just blade until you know you can OHKO, then attack. Heals are not often necessary, especially when questing with friends or with players that you found using the team up button. Sure, sometimes on a tough battle, you might heal a few times, but a pet healing for thousands is not needed. Attitudes, elitism, bullying, and demands that the game should be changed. PvP is not the cause of those. Elitism and bullying occur just as often when a player causes a team to lose a long dungeon. Life is not always the best place, and even if PvP was completely removed, there would still be bullying and elitism in the game. Of course PvP development hinders PvE development. If another aspect of the game is being worked on, then less work is being put into others, or at least as not as much work as is possible. Adding more aspects to the game helps, not detracts, from the experience. Adding more aspects of the game makes it appeal to more players, helping Kingsisle. If you hate PvP so much, don't do it. If you hate the elitism and bullying, turn chat balloons off and close the text box. No matter how much you and others deny it, PvP does contain a large portion of the community, although probably not as much as the PvE community. If something is overpowered in PvP, it is often overpowered in PvE, as well. Finally, is it not good for PvE to be a little harder? Difficulty is essential in a game, otherwise boredom ensues from ease.

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1681
PvP King on May 22, 2014 wrote:
First of all, PvP is the biggest part of the game aside from the main storyline. Putting in talents that cause a huge unbalance in PvP makes millions of players say no to Wizard101 and therefore stop playing. Millions of wizards including myself play the game for PvP and PvP alone, I'm not interested in the storyline, and everything that I do in the storyline is based on how well I do in PvP. It has been this way for years, and storyline quests for years have been doable with or without MC Healing Current. I've soloed the game like I've said before, I don't even use a healing pet, in fact I don't even use a resist giving pet or have any resist from my questing gear whatsoever, I just use spells and get the job done. I don't see how nerfing Healing Current is going to ruin PvE for everybody, because from what I know you never needed to heal 1000 per turn in the first place. You already have your healing spells, the option to team up, the option to use 5 pip minions that help immensely, the option to buy henchmen, the option to ask friends for help, and everything you need to make questing easy, so why do you think everybody needs an overpowered healing talent all of the sudden?

The people that complain about treasure cards and all that don't try to find a solution in PvP. Right now, there's no solution to MC Healing Current healing insane. I was fine with Fairy Friend because everybody had Entangle to stop it anyways, so it wasn't as much of an issue for me. Then when Healing Current got boosted up to casting extremely often and hitting 1000 extremely often, I can't use 2 mastery amulets at the same time to use Storm dispels as well.

No, separating PvP and PvE completely is a horrible idea. PvP is what balances PvE and is an amazing test to see what makes questing too easy or not, PvP brings balance to the game.
You and I are going to disagree. PvP does NOT bring balance to the game, it brings chaos, unrest, and anger to the game. Look at how many posts ask to nerf a spell, or remove options from it. PvP and PvE are two separate areas, that act different, have different spell needs, different gear needs; they couldnt be more separate if they tried. People are always saying that what works for PvE does NOT work for PvP. So based off of that, things SHOULD act different. Spells that are good for PvP aren't necessarily good for PvE and vica versa. If you play the game SOLELY for PvP, then why do you ever play? Dont get me wrong, Im not telling you to leave the game, not at all. Your own words suggest you do as little as possible in PvE just to get the cookies you needs for PvP. I'm sorry, but PvP does not bring balance to the force, it only leaves it in darkness. There's too much chaos and divide between the two.

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1681
PvP King on May 22, 2014 wrote:
Of course you can't hear monsters complaining about Healing Current, they're computers. What was your point again? And you're telling me nobody with overpowered pets and gear has ever said "wow questing is so boring and easy"? It's unimaginably easy with Healing Current, in fact, I don't even use resist gear in PvE or relatively good gear in questing/farming so I don't see at all how nobody thinks Healing Current makes questing boring.

No, if pets were removed from PvP, then people would complain that they would only have 28% resist and extremely low damage boosts, not because an overpowered healing talent got taken off the arena. Sure, people would complain that PvP isn't all a cake walk for them anymore, but that's their problem, if they rely on a pet talent for victories and not on their skill, then they're not even all that good in PvP.

For your second paragraph, no. I can't be all like "oh hey my opponent is smart enough to heal him/her self and has the brains to defeat me and wow, the pet healed and saved them so all they have to worry about is taking my health down, nice!" You try doing PvP, go into a match and nearly winning but your opponent's pet heals over 1400 because of Healing Current so the match gets turned around for 0 pips and surviving all because of pure luck without complaining about it, I dare you. But I don't see many people complaining about monsters being too smart or having impossible pets/cheats to defeat, because PvE is a billion times easier and simpler than PvP, and Healing Current makes it even easier. Stack blades, attack, repeat for the duration of the storyline.
But I don't see many people complaining about monsters being too smart or having impossible pets/cheats to defeat, because PvE is a billion times easier and simpler than PvP, and Healing Current makes it even easier. Stack blades, attack, repeat for the duration of the storyline.

Because the way KI does monsters is to overwhelm with power not to be intelligent. You dont hear about monsters having impossible cheats? Well, there is no totally impossible ones, but there's maddening ones that people have complained about many times. Apparently, since you dont really PvE as your main bread and butter, you've forgotten them

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1681
PvP King, let me ask you this straight out, since you believe PvP has such a huge following:

You seem to have all these stats floating around your head about the percentage of breakdown of importance. What research did you do? Do you have access to information from KI that others dont? What are you basing your assumptions off of? Guessing, assuming, and the like is not considered research at all. The ONLY ones who can tell us how many characters/accounts play PvP is KI. Anything other than that is fiction. I will NOT disagree with you that people train pets, and garden for a goal, but you make it sound like the ONLY goal to do that is PvP which is untrue.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
dayerider on May 24, 2014 wrote:
You and I are going to disagree. PvP does NOT bring balance to the game, it brings chaos, unrest, and anger to the game. Look at how many posts ask to nerf a spell, or remove options from it. PvP and PvE are two separate areas, that act different, have different spell needs, different gear needs; they couldnt be more separate if they tried. People are always saying that what works for PvE does NOT work for PvP. So based off of that, things SHOULD act different. Spells that are good for PvP aren't necessarily good for PvE and vica versa. If you play the game SOLELY for PvP, then why do you ever play? Dont get me wrong, Im not telling you to leave the game, not at all. Your own words suggest you do as little as possible in PvE just to get the cookies you needs for PvP. I'm sorry, but PvP does not bring balance to the force, it only leaves it in darkness. There's too much chaos and divide between the two.
Tell me this, dayerider, did you ever go into a PvE match and just couldn't do it because your pet didn't heal 1000 every couple of turns? PvP in fact is a lot harder than PvE. You mentioned spells that were needed in PvP that you don't need in PvE, exactly, thank you for proving my point. When do you need to waste turns or pips to use Infections, Entangles, Doom and Gloom, minions, Shatter, Stun Blocks, etc. in PvE? You hardly ever do. PvP will always be harder than PvP because of those reasons, plus having to get a better pet to win in PvP, being forced to get the best of the best out of your main deck, sideboard, gear and strategy just to win in PvP, and PvE is very simple compared to PvP. In that case, if something is overpowered in PvP, it disrupts the difficulty in PvE.

PvP never introduced chaos in the game. Take it from me, somebody who does PvP. If I lose against an opponent in PvP, I don't get any more frustrated than when somebody ruins my kill setup while questing. There has always been those people who troll you and join your match and flee, those trolls that mess up your setup, and even people who try to order you around and tell you what to do. Those were all there far before PvP was added to the game.

To answer your question, I play because PvP is a very interesting and fun aspect of the game. I don't mind when people start getting mad at me for winning, it just means I did a good job. What annoys me though, is because I'm a Warlord, people accuse me of being rude and ignorant. PvE players are trying to build a separation between PvP and PvE, not the other way around. I don't see PvP players complaining about a boss being too hard, and I'm sure if PvP players didn't shout out to KingsIsle what's overpowered or not, PvE would be as easy as counting to 10.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
dayerider on May 24, 2014 wrote:
But I don't see many people complaining about monsters being too smart or having impossible pets/cheats to defeat, because PvE is a billion times easier and simpler than PvP, and Healing Current makes it even easier. Stack blades, attack, repeat for the duration of the storyline.

Because the way KI does monsters is to overwhelm with power not to be intelligent. You dont hear about monsters having impossible cheats? Well, there is no totally impossible ones, but there's maddening ones that people have complained about many times. Apparently, since you dont really PvE as your main bread and butter, you've forgotten them
No, I haven't forgotten about bosses who do cheat, I simply did the right thing. Don't break the rules of their cheating, get a team who knows what they're doing, and it's all going to be easy. I'm going to be honest, the first time I did Hades I thought it was going to be impossible. The second and third time around, me and my friends already had a setup on killing him. The more you do PvE, the easier boss fights become, and I didn't need any annoying pet talents to heal me.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
dayerider on May 24, 2014 wrote:
PvP King, let me ask you this straight out, since you believe PvP has such a huge following:

You seem to have all these stats floating around your head about the percentage of breakdown of importance. What research did you do? Do you have access to information from KI that others dont? What are you basing your assumptions off of? Guessing, assuming, and the like is not considered research at all. The ONLY ones who can tell us how many characters/accounts play PvP is KI. Anything other than that is fiction. I will NOT disagree with you that people train pets, and garden for a goal, but you make it sound like the ONLY goal to do that is PvP which is untrue.
Yes, I did just assume the amount of players that do PvP and PvE, but everybody is trying to make out sound like the people that don't do PvP only do PvE. No, they chat, train pets, garden, possibly do pet derby, hatch, and possibly just stand around in areas. The PvP community is increasing dramatically each day as it seems, and you hardly see anybody with a 0-0 record anymore. You can't call PvP a small portion of the game anymore, it's a major part of entertainment. PvE gets boring after a while, PvP is the second option. Once people are done questing, get their perfect gear and pets, where do you think they turn to? PvP. If they don't like PvP, they most likely stop playing the game. So in conclusion, you can't say PvP doesn't matter, so if pet talents get nerfed they benefit both PvP and questing.

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
PvP King on May 26, 2014 wrote:
Tell me this, dayerider, did you ever go into a PvE match and just couldn't do it because your pet didn't heal 1000 every couple of turns? PvP in fact is a lot harder than PvE. You mentioned spells that were needed in PvP that you don't need in PvE, exactly, thank you for proving my point. When do you need to waste turns or pips to use Infections, Entangles, Doom and Gloom, minions, Shatter, Stun Blocks, etc. in PvE? You hardly ever do. PvP will always be harder than PvP because of those reasons, plus having to get a better pet to win in PvP, being forced to get the best of the best out of your main deck, sideboard, gear and strategy just to win in PvP, and PvE is very simple compared to PvP. In that case, if something is overpowered in PvP, it disrupts the difficulty in PvE.

PvP never introduced chaos in the game. Take it from me, somebody who does PvP. If I lose against an opponent in PvP, I don't get any more frustrated than when somebody ruins my kill setup while questing. There has always been those people who troll you and join your match and flee, those trolls that mess up your setup, and even people who try to order you around and tell you what to do. Those were all there far before PvP was added to the game.

To answer your question, I play because PvP is a very interesting and fun aspect of the game. I don't mind when people start getting mad at me for winning, it just means I did a good job. What annoys me though, is because I'm a Warlord, people accuse me of being rude and ignorant. PvE players are trying to build a separation between PvP and PvE, not the other way around. I don't see PvP players complaining about a boss being too hard, and I'm sure if PvP players didn't shout out to KingsIsle what's overpowered or not, PvE would be as easy as counting to 10.
PvP never introduced chaos or unrest into the game because one guy takes losing well. Seems legit...
Except for rude warlords. And "ban mana burn" and "nerf storm owl" and "ban shielding and healing" (no joke I did see that). And spectators who hurl insults at whoever they don't like. And all the other rage. No unrest at all...

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1681
PvP King, you and I are going to have to agree to disagree. I'm not saying your points are all garbage, but as one who specializes in PvE, and understanding that if you change one part, the other one is usually negatively effected. There are spells that do damage, and then do after effects. Most death ones are for PvP and not PvE. All of those healing debuff pieces death has are wasted for PvE. This is a perfect example of what i've been talking about when it comes to the differences between the two. All of death's spells, that have after effects, are catered towards PvP. Every spell we have, except King Arturus, that has after effects is a healing debuffer:

Lord of Night, Dr Von's, King Arturus

Those 3 spells all have after effects and every single one of them are catered towards PvP. If they had effects for PvE AND PvP, then they would be better. Would it really hurt those spells to givge ANYTHING other than healing debuffs? No, that was specifically for PvP. They are 95% USELESS in PvE. I'll be willing to bet that Empower/Dark Pact/bad Juju's damage effect was to balance PvP's complaints about those spells being overpowered, before they were made.

Until KI comes in and tells us what the actual breakdown is, I think assuming quantities of people is a bad thing. I think if it safe to say that more people PvE than PvP. I think it's also safe to say that spell/pet changes happen because PvPers complain it makes the fights unfair. I think it's also safe to say that it's time to re-evaluate ALL of the spells in the game and make them work better for BOTH environments. Somebody previously suggested that they doubted that KI would go back and recode them. The more we talk about PvP vs PvE, the more my point is being made.

You want HC nerfed? Ok, how about this:

healing current, in PvP now only heals 100 and 400, but in PvE, it heals 400 or 1000, both with a 33% chance of fizzling. There, your complain is address, and fixed, and EVERYBODY is happy.

End Trans :P

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
dayerider on May 26, 2014 wrote:
PvP King, you and I are going to have to agree to disagree. I'm not saying your points are all garbage, but as one who specializes in PvE, and understanding that if you change one part, the other one is usually negatively effected. There are spells that do damage, and then do after effects. Most death ones are for PvP and not PvE. All of those healing debuff pieces death has are wasted for PvE. This is a perfect example of what i've been talking about when it comes to the differences between the two. All of death's spells, that have after effects, are catered towards PvP. Every spell we have, except King Arturus, that has after effects is a healing debuffer:

Lord of Night, Dr Von's, King Arturus

Those 3 spells all have after effects and every single one of them are catered towards PvP. If they had effects for PvE AND PvP, then they would be better. Would it really hurt those spells to givge ANYTHING other than healing debuffs? No, that was specifically for PvP. They are 95% USELESS in PvE. I'll be willing to bet that Empower/Dark Pact/bad Juju's damage effect was to balance PvP's complaints about those spells being overpowered, before they were made.

Until KI comes in and tells us what the actual breakdown is, I think assuming quantities of people is a bad thing. I think if it safe to say that more people PvE than PvP. I think it's also safe to say that spell/pet changes happen because PvPers complain it makes the fights unfair. I think it's also safe to say that it's time to re-evaluate ALL of the spells in the game and make them work better for BOTH environments. Somebody previously suggested that they doubted that KI would go back and recode them. The more we talk about PvP vs PvE, the more my point is being made.

You want HC nerfed? Ok, how about this:

healing current, in PvP now only heals 100 and 400, but in PvE, it heals 400 or 1000, both with a 33% chance of fizzling. There, your complain is address, and fixed, and EVERYBODY is happy.

End Trans :P
Yeah, that would be a nice change, but I still think it would be a lot more fair if it was 400/500/600, because I mean 1000 for questing even is too much health to get from a pet.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
No No No and No!

No more nerfing the healing talents so that PVPers can get the rest of the game skewed to their tiny little area within the game! Pet talents have already been nerfed way too much.

If you are having trouble in PVP, then just use your own creativity to find a solution for your trouble yourself, without trying to make the whole darn game adjust so that you can win more easily. There are plenty of warlords out there who did it without having to nerf anything -- I'm sure you can figure it out as well.

Many of the rest of us in the Spiral don't want our pets crippled just so you can get a competitive edge in the arena.

Leave the may cast pet talents alone.

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1681
PvP King on May 27, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, that would be a nice change, but I still think it would be a lot more fair if it was 400/500/600, because I mean 1000 for questing even is too much health to get from a pet.
beggars can't be choosers

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
FinnAgainWindrider on May 28, 2014 wrote:
No No No and No!

No more nerfing the healing talents so that PVPers can get the rest of the game skewed to their tiny little area within the game! Pet talents have already been nerfed way too much.

If you are having trouble in PVP, then just use your own creativity to find a solution for your trouble yourself, without trying to make the whole darn game adjust so that you can win more easily. There are plenty of warlords out there who did it without having to nerf anything -- I'm sure you can figure it out as well.

Many of the rest of us in the Spiral don't want our pets crippled just so you can get a competitive edge in the arena.

Leave the may cast pet talents alone.
Um, I'm already way past Warlord so this has nothing to do with me and ranking up. What most PvE players aren't getting right now is that you don't need a 1000 heal in boss fights either. Team up with friends, use your own heals, or just do whatever. Boss fights and mobs are easy enough, so don't try and bring up the argument that it "ruins questing for everybody."

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
dayerider on May 28, 2014 wrote:
beggars can't be choosers
So you seriously don't find that the talent is just as overpowered in PvE as it is in PvP?

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
BrynnerOfReign on May 24, 2014 wrote:
PvP is not the biggest part of the game (besides contradicting yourself by continuing with "aside from the main storyline).

The actual imbalance is in PvE, and that's because of the PvP whiners who delude themselves in thinking that PvP is the only thing in the game that matters. Millions upon millions of players do not PvP. Many many wizards that do PvP won't take their wizard past oh, say, level 50, because they want to remain low to mid-level so the battles don't take as long as they can with higher levels.

Healing current is in the game. Period. Accept it, and stop whining that it needs to be nerfed. What happens in PvE for other players in regards to alleged OP heals, or even alleged OP gear, isn't anyone's concern. Why? Because, in actuality, it doesn't affect any other player. Who cares what someone else has or doesn't have?

Pets have already been affected greatly in PvE. You can only put in so many heals in your deck before it starts to get ridiculous. And, even then, they never seem to come up when you actually need them. At this point in the higher levels of the game, PvE needs whatever they can get, since the gear gets worse and worse at the upper levels.

PvP does not balance PvE. As a matter-of-fact, PvP severely hinders the development of PvE. PvP, when the rank system was established and went live, brought in a whole new type of player to W101. I must say, since that happened, the entire game got worse and is one of the reasons why W101 is not such a fun, magical, family game any more. PvP brought in the worst of the worst. The attitudes, the elitism, the demands that the game change for them, the bullying, and the list goes on.

Personally, I would love to see PvP wiped out of W101, or at the very least, put in a separate PvP server, where you guys can go ahead and show off your gear and rank, and puff up your chests to bellow out to everyone there how wonderful you are, so that those that play PvE, can do so without getting slapped in the face over and over again.

It's funny that I say that, because I'm a PvP'er myself, or I used to be until recently. It's the attitude and narrow-mindedness that you posted in black and white that I see from PvP'ers these days.

It's a shame you can't see the forest through the trees.
Well said, I agree with you completely. I am so very sick of PVP complainers crippling our pets. I had many good healing pets, that I worked hard to level up, and then they went and hobbled them due to people whining about pet healing being too powerful. I saw this post and thought, "here they go again!"

Really, get off the high horse of having to make everything difficult! Leave our pets alone!