Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nerf Healing Current

AuthorMessage
Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Prince of Shadows on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
The cast rate of Battery is not higher than other heals. The high value is not more frequent. I am "exactly keeping count" ;)

You are arguing based on emotion and subjective experience, not facts.

The game has a huge element of chance - when your pet casts, what cards come up, when you crit/fizz/block/get a white or yellow pip - and what an enemy or minion does. All luck. If that bothers you so much want want the game changed, you may be playing the wrong game.
If it has more triggers, as PvP king said, then it could very well have a higher cast rate. Without hundreds of trials, we cannot know for sure. Emotion and subjective experience? I know I, for one, have been recording every time I have seen each heal of the pet-cast healing current for several weeks. That is as close to a good sample as I can get without going out of my way to test it, and thus far, I have seen the 1,000 heal cast nine times, the 400 heal cast once, and the 100 heal cast four times. I don't know how that is based on emotion; is a survey or a graph based on emotion? I am simply stating that, from experience, the 1,000 heal casts more frequently than the others. With most of those aspects of the game that require luck, the probability of those events can be changed by the user, allowing some amount of control. Pet casts-no control, which is why they are often overpowered. Critical-you can raise your critical to well over 70%, making it unlikely not to critical. Fizzle-get accuracy, put up infallible, or use accuracy enchants. Block-raise your block. Power pip chance-raise your power pip chance. What an enemy or minion does-most minions do not have enough spells to make this an issue. With enemies (I assume you are talking about PvE enemies), often, no matter what spell they use, it will not matter. As PvP king as said, they have no enchants, low critical, and are not exactly smart. The only things in the game that bother me are the game-changing elements that are entirely uncontrollable. Pet heals are one of these elements, and since they cannot be controlled and can frequently change the outcomes of matches, should in some way be changed. I would be perfectly happy with a spell with which, for a few rounds, it would be possible to reduce pets' heal cast rates. With a spell similar to that, we would have some control over pets. As the game is now, however, there is no way to control anything about the may cast talents onpets, and therefore, since the may cast talents can be game-changing, should be changed.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
seethe42 on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
It's not remotely large enough to say ANYTHING about the cast rates at all. It's like saying I flipped a coin 8 times and it came out heads every time, therefore coins will always land on heads. It's preposterous logic that a sample of 8 casts somehow proves a pattern to you. The cast rate on Battery is lower than Fairy and Spritely to start. It's also been shown in everyone elses testing that it casts the lower heals far more often. I understand that your and PvP King's vast battery of 8 casts and 3 casts constitutes "a lot of testing" in your minds, but seriously, get over it.
Lol, I already said before, I tested it 40 times in one match, it healed 1000 28 of the times, and 8 times 400 and 4 times 100. Isn't that telling you something? In another match that I was spectating (Storm vs Storm), Energizing Battery healed the one Storm wizard 1000 health 3 times, to of those heals being in the same turn. In a 4v4 match that I was spectating, it literally healed every turn, and it once again healed 1000 health more times than both 400 and 100 combined. This changes PvP dramatically, especially team PvP.

Squire
Sep 07, 2011
593
ITT: Someone who doesn't have something is sure it is OP and should be nerfed. It's kind of a theme here with some people isn't it? Le sigh...

I have a pet with Battery, Fairy, and Unicorn. Healing current casts the least, and gives the small amount as as often as the big. It's fine the way it is.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
Gemma Luna on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
ITT: Someone who doesn't have something is sure it is OP and should be nerfed. It's kind of a theme here with some people isn't it? Le sigh...

I have a pet with Battery, Fairy, and Unicorn. Healing current casts the least, and gives the small amount as as often as the big. It's fine the way it is.
You're saying it's fine because you don't fight anybody with the talent, in other words, a biased opinion. Once you see other people having the talent though and it starts to heal a lot you'd think it'd overpowered too, because healing 1000 health is never and will never be needed from a pet.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
33
I totally agree I have a Frostfang with Healing Current, and it seems that every heal is 1000! Now don't get me wrong I totally love it but I hate to leave PvP up to something that relies so much on chance.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4115
PvP King on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
Lol, I already said before, I tested it 40 times in one match, it healed 1000 28 of the times, and 8 times 400 and 4 times 100. Isn't that telling you something? In another match that I was spectating (Storm vs Storm), Energizing Battery healed the one Storm wizard 1000 health 3 times, to of those heals being in the same turn. In a 4v4 match that I was spectating, it literally healed every turn, and it once again healed 1000 health more times than both 400 and 100 combined. This changes PvP dramatically, especially team PvP.
It's telling me that you are making up stats just to fit your delusion. No pet heals 40 times in one battle. Even at their spammiest before being nerfed an entire party of 4 didn't generally see 40 casts in a single battle. Stop the made up statistics. We get it that you don't like the spell and want it gone, fine. That's no reason to make up stuff. I've seen my share of pet spam healing. I know it can get annoying sometimes. The facts are clear though, the hot/cold nature of random pet heals is just too random and streak prone to rely on it. I have days where my pets heal me before I'm even hurt and weeks with no heals at all. It's random and not even close to a high rate. You really need to move on to a real topic.

Squire
Sep 07, 2011
593
PvP King on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
You're saying it's fine because you don't fight anybody with the talent, in other words, a biased opinion. Once you see other people having the talent though and it starts to heal a lot you'd think it'd overpowered too, because healing 1000 health is never and will never be needed from a pet.
I've fought plenty of people with it. I know very well what it does and doesn't do. There is a chance it will cast for 1000. There is a bigger chance it won't. It isn't game changing and shouldn't be altered.

Unless something gives one player an almost unbeatable advantage, there is no reason to mess with game mechanics, ever. It's nonsense to ask for things to be nerfed or banned just because you don't like them.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
seethe42 on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
It's telling me that you are making up stats just to fit your delusion. No pet heals 40 times in one battle. Even at their spammiest before being nerfed an entire party of 4 didn't generally see 40 casts in a single battle. Stop the made up statistics. We get it that you don't like the spell and want it gone, fine. That's no reason to make up stuff. I've seen my share of pet spam healing. I know it can get annoying sometimes. The facts are clear though, the hot/cold nature of random pet heals is just too random and streak prone to rely on it. I have days where my pets heal me before I'm even hurt and weeks with no heals at all. It's random and not even close to a high rate. You really need to move on to a real topic.
Yeah, because testing it out with friends is making up statistics LOL. No, you wish I was making it up. I even tested out all the triggers in that match: Loremasters, Scorpions, King Artorius, heck even my shields were activating it. The only thing that didn't activate Energizing Battery was charms and heals. If you keep thinking I'm making stuff up, lol then quit repyling in this topic. When I say test out heals, I'm not going around passing for my opponent to see how many times in heals, I'm doing it with a friend, it's kind of obvious. Like I've said before, your points have proven nothing as to Energizing Battery not being overpowered, if you can't make a point, then don't reply.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
Gemma Luna on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
I've fought plenty of people with it. I know very well what it does and doesn't do. There is a chance it will cast for 1000. There is a bigger chance it won't. It isn't game changing and shouldn't be altered.

Unless something gives one player an almost unbeatable advantage, there is no reason to mess with game mechanics, ever. It's nonsense to ask for things to be nerfed or banned just because you don't like them.
It gives one player a near unbeatable (or unbeatable if the person with Energizing Battery is first and it heals 1000), because 1000 health is a lot. That's a quarter of my health healed back (add heal boost and that's probably half) at the cost of no pips. The talent is quite the game changer in most situations, and having an uncontrollable factor completely turning the tables in a game isn't right.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4115
PvP King on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, because testing it out with friends is making up statistics LOL. No, you wish I was making it up. I even tested out all the triggers in that match: Loremasters, Scorpions, King Artorius, heck even my shields were activating it. The only thing that didn't activate Energizing Battery was charms and heals. If you keep thinking I'm making stuff up, lol then quit repyling in this topic. When I say test out heals, I'm not going around passing for my opponent to see how many times in heals, I'm doing it with a friend, it's kind of obvious. Like I've said before, your points have proven nothing as to Energizing Battery not being overpowered, if you can't make a point, then don't reply.
My point is that no one BUT you has seen this. Every test done by fansites has shown that Energizing Battery has a lower cast rate than other May Cast Heals. Unicorn is the only one in my experience with a lower cast rate, but not by much. I have many pets with the talent and it's NOTHING like your claims. As for your trigger information, that's incorrect also. Every action by every player, creature or pet can trigger any May Cast Heal. Passing is the only "action" that cannot trigger it. Charms and heals can and do trigger it, even it's own May Cast charms and heals can trigger it. That really has nothing to do with it being overpowered, but it does show that you don't even know the basic triggers. Testing with friends is also not a valid test unless you are actually trying to kill them. If you are trying to kill them and they are getting 40 heals in a single match, you are doing something wrong.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
seethe42 on Jun 23, 2014 wrote:
My point is that no one BUT you has seen this. Every test done by fansites has shown that Energizing Battery has a lower cast rate than other May Cast Heals. Unicorn is the only one in my experience with a lower cast rate, but not by much. I have many pets with the talent and it's NOTHING like your claims. As for your trigger information, that's incorrect also. Every action by every player, creature or pet can trigger any May Cast Heal. Passing is the only "action" that cannot trigger it. Charms and heals can and do trigger it, even it's own May Cast charms and heals can trigger it. That really has nothing to do with it being overpowered, but it does show that you don't even know the basic triggers. Testing with friends is also not a valid test unless you are actually trying to kill them. If you are trying to kill them and they are getting 40 heals in a single match, you are doing something wrong.
I have been recording every time I have seen a pet cast healing current for weeks now in ranked PvP. I haven't been doing as much ranked PvP as I sometimes do, and most people do not have the talent, but I have seen it cast 14 times. Out of those 14 times, 9 of them have been 1,000 heals, 1 has been a 400 heal, and 4 have been 100 heals. My sample size may not be huge, but it is large enough to support what PvP King has been saying. Healing current is a talent that is very difficult to counter and game-changing, and therefore it must be nerfed.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4115
Aaron SpellThief on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
I have been recording every time I have seen a pet cast healing current for weeks now in ranked PvP. I haven't been doing as much ranked PvP as I sometimes do, and most people do not have the talent, but I have seen it cast 14 times. Out of those 14 times, 9 of them have been 1,000 heals, 1 has been a 400 heal, and 4 have been 100 heals. My sample size may not be huge, but it is large enough to support what PvP King has been saying. Healing current is a talent that is very difficult to counter and game-changing, and therefore it must be nerfed.
I have been recording it in PvE for the past two weeks also. Of 35 casts 18 have been 100, 7 have been 400 and 10 have been 1000. The samples are far too low to show anything, but they tell us a LOT. It clearly doesn't cast very often if it takes us weeks to get only a few dozen samples.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4115
Aaron SpellThief on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
I have been recording every time I have seen a pet cast healing current for weeks now in ranked PvP. I haven't been doing as much ranked PvP as I sometimes do, and most people do not have the talent, but I have seen it cast 14 times. Out of those 14 times, 9 of them have been 1,000 heals, 1 has been a 400 heal, and 4 have been 100 heals. My sample size may not be huge, but it is large enough to support what PvP King has been saying. Healing current is a talent that is very difficult to counter and game-changing, and therefore it must be nerfed.
Another point. Recording other people's casts invalidates all data recorded unless it's one person. For all you know they could have had 50 casts of 100 before the 1000 cast you saw, or they could have had 50 1000 casts in a row. It's just not valid sampling.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
seethe42 on Jun 23, 2014 wrote:
My point is that no one BUT you has seen this. Every test done by fansites has shown that Energizing Battery has a lower cast rate than other May Cast Heals. Unicorn is the only one in my experience with a lower cast rate, but not by much. I have many pets with the talent and it's NOTHING like your claims. As for your trigger information, that's incorrect also. Every action by every player, creature or pet can trigger any May Cast Heal. Passing is the only "action" that cannot trigger it. Charms and heals can and do trigger it, even it's own May Cast charms and heals can trigger it. That really has nothing to do with it being overpowered, but it does show that you don't even know the basic triggers. Testing with friends is also not a valid test unless you are actually trying to kill them. If you are trying to kill them and they are getting 40 heals in a single match, you are doing something wrong.
Many people agree with me, sorry to break it to you. Check out the Wizard101Central forums, some Duelist101 community topics about Energizing Battery casting the 1000 heal too often. Many duelists find the talent overpowered, and even in some guides, players say that Energizing Battery is an overpowered must-have talent. Nothing in Wizard101 should be a "must-have" or be "overpowered", especially if it's from a pet. That's just like giving a wizard an opportunity to cast Healing Current each turn and try to get lucky with the 1000 heal, which happens quite often.

No, I don't know basic triggers, but if anything can trigger Energizing Battery, thanks for telling me, you just proved my point. It does cast frequently and the 1000 heal happens often enough to save you more than once. I'm not against a Spritely or Fairy saving my opponent because those heals are minor and I could easily catch up with the heal, but a 1000 heal isn't so easy to catch up to.

Now, here's another argument I would to point out. I was doing 2v2 with my Grandmaster and my Grandmaster friend and we went up against a puppet team (after thinking we were done with those). We got close to defeating the high level wizard multiple times but his pet healed him, and the majority of those heals were from Energizing Battery. It healed 1000 enough times to throw off our game, and trust me, even if it healed 1000 only once, it would change the game completely, and it did. Thanks to Energizing Battery, we ended up losing the match. In 1v1 matches on my Grandmaster wizard, doing 1000 damage is pretty hard. You have to put up an Infallible and hope your opponent doesn't shield. However, if I do use an attack that costed me a turn to Infallible and possibly a couple turns to blade and it gets healed off completely from my opponent's pet casting Energizing Battery at the cost of nothing, I lose several blades, pips. and turns where I could have been using something else. I'm not going to be that player that goes for a OHKO every match because let's be honest here, that strategy hardly ever works in the higher ranks.

And no, I wasn't trying to kill my opponent at the first half of the match, but after 30 minutes the match got serious and we started trying to take each other out. In the process of me taking my opponent out, his pet healed him with Energizing Battery quite frequently, and for his next heals he was Infectionless until I pulled out a Reshuffle and got my Infections again. And one question: How is testing with a friend not a valid test? You're still doing what everybody else does; casting spells. We each took our turns dealing damage and healing, so no, it still is a valid test. And 28,000 health from a pet is seriously overpowered. My thesis again: KingsIsle needs to nerf Energizing Battery.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
seethe42 on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
Another point. Recording other people's casts invalidates all data recorded unless it's one person. For all you know they could have had 50 casts of 100 before the 1000 cast you saw, or they could have had 50 1000 casts in a row. It's just not valid sampling.
"they could have had 50 1000 casts in a row." And that's exactly why we're complaining about it.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
seethe42 on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
Another point. Recording other people's casts invalidates all data recorded unless it's one person. For all you know they could have had 50 casts of 100 before the 1000 cast you saw, or they could have had 50 1000 casts in a row. It's just not valid sampling.
It's perfectly valid sampling...I can only test what I can see. I have recorded every cast of healing current by a pet that I have seen for weeks now. Since I don't have, and don't care to get, a pet with healing current (I don't like to rely on luck with healing talnets), that test is the best sample I can do. Does it matter if it healed millions of times before I recorded the times it cast? I cannot record what I cannot see, and samples do not have to be all-inclusive. If I record everything, I can get an idea of the cast rate of the different heals of healing current, and, from my experiences, 1,000 has healed a lot more than any of the other heals.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4115
Aaron SpellThief on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
It's perfectly valid sampling...I can only test what I can see. I have recorded every cast of healing current by a pet that I have seen for weeks now. Since I don't have, and don't care to get, a pet with healing current (I don't like to rely on luck with healing talnets), that test is the best sample I can do. Does it matter if it healed millions of times before I recorded the times it cast? I cannot record what I cannot see, and samples do not have to be all-inclusive. If I record everything, I can get an idea of the cast rate of the different heals of healing current, and, from my experiences, 1,000 has healed a lot more than any of the other heals.
It's not valid sampling. You are seeing a tiny speck of random events from other people, not the entirety of one pet over time. The point is you cannot see what is happening unless you are seeing the whole. I have many pets with healing current, I personally don't like it much because it's not reliable and it mostly heals 100. That's over the course of 1000's of battles, not 40 by some other random people who happen to have the same talent and you only see a tiny speck. Fairy is much more reliable because it always casts the same and 1000+.

Say that you are watching Joe flip a coin, he flips his coin regularly all the time. You go by a few times a week and write down his flips that you see. Over the course of time, you have seen 100 flips on random days at random times and concluded that because 75 flips were heads, flipping a coin will result in 75% heads. But Joe has also been recording things, and over the course of his time he's noticed that out of 1000 flips he's seen 475 heads and 525 tails, so he conludes that the odds are about 50% either. Which is more valid?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
seethe42 on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
It's not valid sampling. You are seeing a tiny speck of random events from other people, not the entirety of one pet over time. The point is you cannot see what is happening unless you are seeing the whole. I have many pets with healing current, I personally don't like it much because it's not reliable and it mostly heals 100. That's over the course of 1000's of battles, not 40 by some other random people who happen to have the same talent and you only see a tiny speck. Fairy is much more reliable because it always casts the same and 1000+.

Say that you are watching Joe flip a coin, he flips his coin regularly all the time. You go by a few times a week and write down his flips that you see. Over the course of time, you have seen 100 flips on random days at random times and concluded that because 75 flips were heads, flipping a coin will result in 75% heads. But Joe has also been recording things, and over the course of his time he's noticed that out of 1000 flips he's seen 475 heads and 525 tails, so he conludes that the odds are about 50% either. Which is more valid?
In that sense, you're not seeing everybody else's may cast pets either. Many other people's pets have casted Energizing Battery twice in one turn in more than one match. Even if we're seeing a portion of the talent healing mostly 1000, that portion is still overpowered. I don't even agree in the lack of the 1000 heal, I want the 1000 heal from Energizing Battery to stop existing and make it a lower value.

Like I've said before, 1000 health cannot be caught up to easily. Let's look at every school's rank 4 attacks:
Storm - Kraken does 855 with Colossal and add 100% damage boost and subtract 22% resist and that's 1401 damage. Energizing Battery (saying most max levels have around 40% heal boost with the Duelist's Daredevil Ring and even more with the Alpha and Omega Ring) heals 1400 so a 4 pip spell from a Storm who needs every turn they can have to win a match only dealt one damage, great.

Well, I was about to go on with the list, but I don't think I need to say more. Storm has the highest damage, armor pierce, and highest base damage spells for PvP. If their attacks can be fully healed off by a pet, something is definitely wrong. Think of a weaker damage-per-pip school such as Ice or Life, then think about how Energizing Battery affects them. Look at the lower levels where most wizards have 54-55% resist and your damage boost is a lot lower than at max level with weaker attacks, think about how much Energizing Battery is affecting them. It's a completely unfair talent, and the lower the levels you look at it with, the more overpowered and unfair the talent is.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
seethe42 on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
It's not valid sampling. You are seeing a tiny speck of random events from other people, not the entirety of one pet over time. The point is you cannot see what is happening unless you are seeing the whole. I have many pets with healing current, I personally don't like it much because it's not reliable and it mostly heals 100. That's over the course of 1000's of battles, not 40 by some other random people who happen to have the same talent and you only see a tiny speck. Fairy is much more reliable because it always casts the same and 1000+.

Say that you are watching Joe flip a coin, he flips his coin regularly all the time. You go by a few times a week and write down his flips that you see. Over the course of time, you have seen 100 flips on random days at random times and concluded that because 75 flips were heads, flipping a coin will result in 75% heads. But Joe has also been recording things, and over the course of his time he's noticed that out of 1000 flips he's seen 475 heads and 525 tails, so he conludes that the odds are about 50% either. Which is more valid?
Getting a glimpse into the entire probability is exactly what a sample is. If I see 40 casts, and someone else sees 40 completely different casts, the probability does not change. I cannot record what I cannot see. I have recorded every healing current cast I have seen since around when this post was originally created, thus not really having a bias on the sample. My sample may not be as accurate as someone that sampled more times, sure, but again, I am not actively attempting to test this. I record what I see, but I don't go out of my way to test it hundreds of times. If you have tested it hundreds or thousands of times and would like to share exact results, I'd be happy to hear them, but the samples that have been given so far generally point to the 1,000 heal being cast more. Our samples are not large enough to give a likely probability on the cast rates of healing current, but they give insight that the cast rate of the 1,000 heal on healing current may be much greater than the other heals. From the data that has been gathered, it can be concluded that healing current is overpowered currently. Again, if you'd like to provide some data to show that the 100 heal casts more, feel free. However, without data, your argument does not really have much impact, as the facts suggest that the 1,000 healing current casts much more often than the 100 or 400.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4115
Aaron SpellThief on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
Getting a glimpse into the entire probability is exactly what a sample is. If I see 40 casts, and someone else sees 40 completely different casts, the probability does not change. I cannot record what I cannot see. I have recorded every healing current cast I have seen since around when this post was originally created, thus not really having a bias on the sample. My sample may not be as accurate as someone that sampled more times, sure, but again, I am not actively attempting to test this. I record what I see, but I don't go out of my way to test it hundreds of times. If you have tested it hundreds or thousands of times and would like to share exact results, I'd be happy to hear them, but the samples that have been given so far generally point to the 1,000 heal being cast more. Our samples are not large enough to give a likely probability on the cast rates of healing current, but they give insight that the cast rate of the 1,000 heal on healing current may be much greater than the other heals. From the data that has been gathered, it can be concluded that healing current is overpowered currently. Again, if you'd like to provide some data to show that the 100 heal casts more, feel free. However, without data, your argument does not really have much impact, as the facts suggest that the 1,000 healing current casts much more often than the 100 or 400.
Actually I did post my results of recording on the first page of this thread.

No it's just observation from my pets that have it. In my experience it's been more like 30% @100, 50% @400, and 20% @1000. I gave up following it because fairy is a more reliable talent and casts more often.

That was from observing it for months of PvE farming. More players means more triggers so more casts. But that was data from 1000's of battles, not a handful. The actual numbers in excel file were 30.9% at 100, 49.8% @ 400 and 19.3% @ 1000 with 1247 casts recorded. I rounded them for ease. The facts suggest the exact opposite of your claims. You are making suppositions based off very small limited samples of random other people. It's like visiting Boston one random day, seeing that 90% of the people are wearing green and assuming it's always true. Disrerarding that is was St Patrick's Day. It's a limited view with no set parameters.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
seethe42 on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
Actually I did post my results of recording on the first page of this thread.

No it's just observation from my pets that have it. In my experience it's been more like 30% @100, 50% @400, and 20% @1000. I gave up following it because fairy is a more reliable talent and casts more often.

That was from observing it for months of PvE farming. More players means more triggers so more casts. But that was data from 1000's of battles, not a handful. The actual numbers in excel file were 30.9% at 100, 49.8% @ 400 and 19.3% @ 1000 with 1247 casts recorded. I rounded them for ease. The facts suggest the exact opposite of your claims. You are making suppositions based off very small limited samples of random other people. It's like visiting Boston one random day, seeing that 90% of the people are wearing green and assuming it's always true. Disrerarding that is was St Patrick's Day. It's a limited view with no set parameters.
More sampling from Energizing Battery in a 4v4 with my friends. We went for 300 casts and fled, so here's the results:
184 of those heals were 1000.
23 of those heals were 400.
93 of those heals were 100.

Now let's calculate it: 61.3% of those heals were 1000 (more than the 100 and 400 combined, like I said a million times before), 7.6% of those heals were 400 (not bad), and 31% of those heals were 100. The 1000 heal occurred almost twice as much as the 100 heal and occurred 8 times more than the 400 heal. Still think it's not overpowered?

Also, it didn't take long to reach 300 casts. At least 1-3+ Energizing Batteries were casted each turn, many of those from the same pet multiple times. That is what I call overpowered, no wizard should have a huge casting advantage over their opponent.

Historian
Aug 18, 2011
656
PvP King on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
More sampling from Energizing Battery in a 4v4 with my friends. We went for 300 casts and fled, so here's the results:
184 of those heals were 1000.
23 of those heals were 400.
93 of those heals were 100.

Now let's calculate it: 61.3% of those heals were 1000 (more than the 100 and 400 combined, like I said a million times before), 7.6% of those heals were 400 (not bad), and 31% of those heals were 100. The 1000 heal occurred almost twice as much as the 100 heal and occurred 8 times more than the 400 heal. Still think it's not overpowered?

Also, it didn't take long to reach 300 casts. At least 1-3+ Energizing Batteries were casted each turn, many of those from the same pet multiple times. That is what I call overpowered, no wizard should have a huge casting advantage over their opponent.
I don't believe that. Those numbers are not anywhere close to typical for that talent. The game can run in streaks, but that is way out of range.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4115
PvP King on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
More sampling from Energizing Battery in a 4v4 with my friends. We went for 300 casts and fled, so here's the results:
184 of those heals were 1000.
23 of those heals were 400.
93 of those heals were 100.

Now let's calculate it: 61.3% of those heals were 1000 (more than the 100 and 400 combined, like I said a million times before), 7.6% of those heals were 400 (not bad), and 31% of those heals were 100. The 1000 heal occurred almost twice as much as the 100 heal and occurred 8 times more than the 400 heal. Still think it's not overpowered?

Also, it didn't take long to reach 300 casts. At least 1-3+ Energizing Batteries were casted each turn, many of those from the same pet multiple times. That is what I call overpowered, no wizard should have a huge casting advantage over their opponent.
How long did this take? I decided to take up recording this May Cast again last night, just out of boredom. I'm doing it solo vs 2 and seeing very different results than you. I'll continue testing but preliminary results were thus. 200 combat rounds, only rounds where I was less than full health and either cast a spell or was attacked were recorded. Stun rounds or any where I was fully healed or not attacked didn't count in tally. In total, Healing Current triggered 1 time for 400, Spritely triggered 4 times. I realize this is only anecdotal at this point, but I'll continue this testing and see where it goes. 0.5% cast rate on triggers doesn't seem remotely overpowered at all. Every round that counted had a known trigger, most multiple. We'll see where these numbers go.

Squire
Sep 07, 2011
593
PvP King on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
More sampling from Energizing Battery in a 4v4 with my friends. We went for 300 casts and fled, so here's the results:
184 of those heals were 1000.
23 of those heals were 400.
93 of those heals were 100.

Now let's calculate it: 61.3% of those heals were 1000 (more than the 100 and 400 combined, like I said a million times before), 7.6% of those heals were 400 (not bad), and 31% of those heals were 100. The 1000 heal occurred almost twice as much as the 100 heal and occurred 8 times more than the 400 heal. Still think it's not overpowered?

Also, it didn't take long to reach 300 casts. At least 1-3+ Energizing Batteries were casted each turn, many of those from the same pet multiple times. That is what I call overpowered, no wizard should have a huge casting advantage over their opponent.
When you have to make up things to support your case, you've lost ;)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
seethe42 on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
How long did this take? I decided to take up recording this May Cast again last night, just out of boredom. I'm doing it solo vs 2 and seeing very different results than you. I'll continue testing but preliminary results were thus. 200 combat rounds, only rounds where I was less than full health and either cast a spell or was attacked were recorded. Stun rounds or any where I was fully healed or not attacked didn't count in tally. In total, Healing Current triggered 1 time for 400, Spritely triggered 4 times. I realize this is only anecdotal at this point, but I'll continue this testing and see where it goes. 0.5% cast rate on triggers doesn't seem remotely overpowered at all. Every round that counted had a known trigger, most multiple. We'll see where these numbers go.
This took nearly 2 hours, which for 8 wizards having the talent, is a pretty long wait. For me, I've been seeing the 1000 heal cast the most out of Energizing Battery, and out of that 4v4 I guess the 100 does heal more than the 400, but just barely over half the time 1000 heals. The thing is though, many people are getting different results. I don't think the percentages are favoring a heal over Energizing Battery (whether it be the 1000 heal or the 100 heal), I now think it's 33.33% for each value, much like Spectral Blast and the normal Healing Current card. Tell me what you get, but if the percentages for each cast of Healing Current (including the 1000 heal) is 33.33%, then it is definitely overpowered. It should be at most 10%.