Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nerf Healing Current

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1557
Back when the Pet Pavilion came out, there was Spritely. Then Unicorn and Fairy Friend. Batusi was made but never was a problem. Fairy Friend had some complaints so got nerfed, but what happened to the other talents? Well, I've been told (and have seen myself) that the other talents started casting a lot more, even if the wizard doesn't use an attack. With that, I've also seen Healing Current being casted nearly every time the opponent attacks.
I was in a PvP match yesterday, and I used Mana Burn against a Myth wizard. His pet used healing current and healed about 1500 (I made sure that he had roughly 50% heal boost so both times it healed the 1000 version). The next turn I used Loremaster and once again it healed him 1500. Ok, so that's a 3000 heal right there for 0 pips. I won the match in the end after resorting to a OHKO Judgement simply because attacking with normal hits wasn't enough, and it was pretty hard with Myth's Earthquakes and Cleanse Ward/Empowers.

In another match, I was watching my friend fight a Death girl and both were magus. My friend was Storm and got her health down to the 80's, but her pet used Healing Current and healed over 1000, then used Fairy Friend, Healing Current again (doing over 1000), and Unicorn. I'm not sure what's going on, but the talent is going on a rampage. Especially after Fairy Friend got nerfed. After that I've only been seeing it heal the 1000 version and I don't even think the 100/400 version exists with the healing talent anymore or the percentage of it being those is extremely low.

Nobody needs to be healed 1000 from their pet as a may cast talent, I mean, it's 0 pips, are you kidding me? I'm completely fine with Storm wizards healing that much with their original spell but having such a thing on a pet is taking it too far. I think the talent should either be nerfed down to 100/400/600 or should have a 45% chance to heal 100, 45% chance to heal 400, and a 10% chance to heal 1000. Getting a thousand health from a pet cast isn't needed at any level.

Explorer
Nov 21, 2013
78
PvP King on May 12, 2014 wrote:
Back when the Pet Pavilion came out, there was Spritely. Then Unicorn and Fairy Friend. Batusi was made but never was a problem. Fairy Friend had some complaints so got nerfed, but what happened to the other talents? Well, I've been told (and have seen myself) that the other talents started casting a lot more, even if the wizard doesn't use an attack. With that, I've also seen Healing Current being casted nearly every time the opponent attacks.
I was in a PvP match yesterday, and I used Mana Burn against a Myth wizard. His pet used healing current and healed about 1500 (I made sure that he had roughly 50% heal boost so both times it healed the 1000 version). The next turn I used Loremaster and once again it healed him 1500. Ok, so that's a 3000 heal right there for 0 pips. I won the match in the end after resorting to a OHKO Judgement simply because attacking with normal hits wasn't enough, and it was pretty hard with Myth's Earthquakes and Cleanse Ward/Empowers.

In another match, I was watching my friend fight a Death girl and both were magus. My friend was Storm and got her health down to the 80's, but her pet used Healing Current and healed over 1000, then used Fairy Friend, Healing Current again (doing over 1000), and Unicorn. I'm not sure what's going on, but the talent is going on a rampage. Especially after Fairy Friend got nerfed. After that I've only been seeing it heal the 1000 version and I don't even think the 100/400 version exists with the healing talent anymore or the percentage of it being those is extremely low.

Nobody needs to be healed 1000 from their pet as a may cast talent, I mean, it's 0 pips, are you kidding me? I'm completely fine with Storm wizards healing that much with their original spell but having such a thing on a pet is taking it too far. I think the talent should either be nerfed down to 100/400/600 or should have a 45% chance to heal 100, 45% chance to heal 400, and a 10% chance to heal 1000. Getting a thousand health from a pet cast isn't needed at any level.
I'm sorry, but I disagree. Assuming Healing Current's range is triggered equally, said wizard has a 33.3% chance of a heal for 1000, but likewise the same chance of a heal for 400 (less than Fairy's 480) or a heal for 100. Considering how frequently Fairy and Healing Current are triggered and the unpredictable nature of Current, one could easily argue that Fairy is the more 'op' may cast heal. I've won many matches due to an opponent's pet healing for Current's 100 heal rather than Fairy.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
Healing Current triggers a lot less often than Fairy/Spritely. It also heals on the 400 level more often than not. The 1000 and 100 levels are less common with 1000 being the least. The triggers are exactly the same as all healing spells, ANY action by ANYONE. The only action that cannot trigger a heal is passing. As for getting a 1000 on pet heal, my fairy pets do that already. The spell doesn't need nerfing, half the time it heals you it's too little loo late. Every once in a great while you get lucky and it hits big to save you. My experience is that it tends to heal big when you don't need it.

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
Sorry you had bad luck. Technically, a player could be healed for base 1000 every time someone takes damage. According to the Many-Worlds interpretation of quantum physics, this happened to a version of you. Just be happy you're not him.

Delver
Oct 11, 2010
270
anyone can get a pet setup with fairy curret etc... can't beat them then join them. way around it is to one shot the person or group your fighting then healing does not matter.

Explorer
Nov 21, 2013
78
seethe42 on May 13, 2014 wrote:
Healing Current triggers a lot less often than Fairy/Spritely. It also heals on the 400 level more often than not. The 1000 and 100 levels are less common with 1000 being the least. The triggers are exactly the same as all healing spells, ANY action by ANYONE. The only action that cannot trigger a heal is passing. As for getting a 1000 on pet heal, my fairy pets do that already. The spell doesn't need nerfing, half the time it heals you it's too little loo late. Every once in a great while you get lucky and it hits big to save you. My experience is that it tends to heal big when you don't need it.
Is there a 'site confirming it's more likely for it to heal 100 or 400 rather than 1000? I know the triggers are the same, but I always assumed the chance of a 'x' heal was random (the same) as well.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1557
Matthew Raven 55 on May 13, 2014 wrote:
I'm sorry, but I disagree. Assuming Healing Current's range is triggered equally, said wizard has a 33.3% chance of a heal for 1000, but likewise the same chance of a heal for 400 (less than Fairy's 480) or a heal for 100. Considering how frequently Fairy and Healing Current are triggered and the unpredictable nature of Current, one could easily argue that Fairy is the more 'op' may cast heal. I've won many matches due to an opponent's pet healing for Current's 100 heal rather than Fairy.
Yeah, it may be 33.33% equally, but since when did somebody need a 1000 heal from a pet anyway? Healing Current is triggered far more often than any other healing talent and I've tested it on a pet myself, so that 33.33% to heal 1000 has a pretty high chance of triggering.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1557
seethe42 on May 13, 2014 wrote:
Healing Current triggers a lot less often than Fairy/Spritely. It also heals on the 400 level more often than not. The 1000 and 100 levels are less common with 1000 being the least. The triggers are exactly the same as all healing spells, ANY action by ANYONE. The only action that cannot trigger a heal is passing. As for getting a 1000 on pet heal, my fairy pets do that already. The spell doesn't need nerfing, half the time it heals you it's too little loo late. Every once in a great while you get lucky and it hits big to save you. My experience is that it tends to heal big when you don't need it.
Healing Current is the most frequent heal a pet has. Read what I said, Healing Current, Fairy Friend, Healing Current, then Unicorn all in the same turn. Healing Current was casted twice, Fairy friend and Unicorn once, and Spritely zero. I've tested it myself and healing current casts far more often. Yes, it does have a somewhat low chance to heal 1000, but why need a 1000 heal from a pet in the first place? Especially at low level PvP.

Squire
Sep 07, 2011
595
Healing Current has a low cast rate. It is not OP. Fairy and Sprite should not have been changed, and Battery certainly doesn't need to be. Besides, pet talents are available to everyone, so if you think it is so great, get busy hatching.

Adjust your tactics if you need to, or skip PvP. The game is fine. There's no reason to change it.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
PvP King on May 14, 2014 wrote:
Healing Current is the most frequent heal a pet has. Read what I said, Healing Current, Fairy Friend, Healing Current, then Unicorn all in the same turn. Healing Current was casted twice, Fairy friend and Unicorn once, and Spritely zero. I've tested it myself and healing current casts far more often. Yes, it does have a somewhat low chance to heal 1000, but why need a 1000 heal from a pet in the first place? Especially at low level PvP.
You are the only person making this claim. Read ALL the posts about healing pets in the forum. Nearly every one complains about how little healing current actually casts and when it does it's mostly the 100. I have pets with all the healing talents too and by far current and unicorn cast less often than fairy and sprite. No one but you claims this heals too often and too much. It's sour grapes because your opponent got lucky, get over it.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
Matthew Raven 55 on May 14, 2014 wrote:
Is there a 'site confirming it's more likely for it to heal 100 or 400 rather than 1000? I know the triggers are the same, but I always assumed the chance of a 'x' heal was random (the same) as well.
No it's just observation from my pets that have it. In my experience it's been more like 30% @100, 50% @400, and 20% @1000. I gave up following it because fairy is a more reliable talent and casts more often.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1557
seethe42 on May 15, 2014 wrote:
You are the only person making this claim. Read ALL the posts about healing pets in the forum. Nearly every one complains about how little healing current actually casts and when it does it's mostly the 100. I have pets with all the healing talents too and by far current and unicorn cast less often than fairy and sprite. No one but you claims this heals too often and too much. It's sour grapes because your opponent got lucky, get over it.
Lol no, it's not one of my opponents that got lucky with it, it's just about every opponent with the talent that I've seen. I haven't seen it cast the 400 or 100 version, and everybody says it casts that all the time but I haven't seen it on matter how many PvP matches I've played/watched. If I haven't seen the 66.66% happening, then there's obviously something wrong with the talent. It casts a lot more than Fairy Friend and Unicorn, I've tested it with my friend in a 1v1 out of 30 turns. Even if most people complain that it should heal more, nobody needs a 1000 heal from a pet in the first place.

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
PvP King on May 15, 2014 wrote:
Lol no, it's not one of my opponents that got lucky with it, it's just about every opponent with the talent that I've seen. I haven't seen it cast the 400 or 100 version, and everybody says it casts that all the time but I haven't seen it on matter how many PvP matches I've played/watched. If I haven't seen the 66.66% happening, then there's obviously something wrong with the talent. It casts a lot more than Fairy Friend and Unicorn, I've tested it with my friend in a 1v1 out of 30 turns. Even if most people complain that it should heal more, nobody needs a 1000 heal from a pet in the first place.
30 turns. Not a big enough sample size, especially if you are counting turns and not casts. Trigger 1000 casts and see your data set. In theory, it should average out to whatever percentages it should be. One spot of bad luck does not mean that it is broken or OP. See my above post regarding quantum physics.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1557
Robobot1747 on May 17, 2014 wrote:
30 turns. Not a big enough sample size, especially if you are counting turns and not casts. Trigger 1000 casts and see your data set. In theory, it should average out to whatever percentages it should be. One spot of bad luck does not mean that it is broken or OP. See my above post regarding quantum physics.
It's not one time of "bad luck". Every match I go into, whether I watch a PvP match or I'm in one, I see the pet literally spamming Healing Current and it always does 1000. I haven't seen it do 100/400 in a long time, I'm not sure if those numbers even exist with the spell anymore, and out of the 30 turns (most of them not even being attacks), it healed 8 times doing 1000. That's 8000 health you don't even need, plus the heal boost, for zero pips. Nerf the casting to a lot lower chance to do 1000 but make the 400 heal the highest chance, or change the pet may cast Healing Current to do 400/500/600. 1000 health is too much from a pet.

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
106
Robobot1747 on May 17, 2014 wrote:
30 turns. Not a big enough sample size, especially if you are counting turns and not casts. Trigger 1000 casts and see your data set. In theory, it should average out to whatever percentages it should be. One spot of bad luck does not mean that it is broken or OP. See my above post regarding quantum physics.
i hope you know it can do more than 1000 it did 1252 with me and i wasnt even storm

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
At this point, there needs to be no more nerfing of heals of any type. PvE has already been hit hard because of PvP complaining and subsequent nerfing of heals and spells.

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
PvP King on May 17, 2014 wrote:
It's not one time of "bad luck". Every match I go into, whether I watch a PvP match or I'm in one, I see the pet literally spamming Healing Current and it always does 1000. I haven't seen it do 100/400 in a long time, I'm not sure if those numbers even exist with the spell anymore, and out of the 30 turns (most of them not even being attacks), it healed 8 times doing 1000. That's 8000 health you don't even need, plus the heal boost, for zero pips. Nerf the casting to a lot lower chance to do 1000 but make the 400 heal the highest chance, or change the pet may cast Healing Current to do 400/500/600. 1000 health is too much from a pet.
So you have a sample of 8. Not enough data at all. Assuming equal chances for values, the chance of that occurring would be 1/3^8, or 1 out of 6561. Clearly it is possible, again, randomness is random, sorry for your bad luck. If you can get me a cast sample of about 1000 times, then we can start seeing some data patterns.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
PvP King on May 15, 2014 wrote:
Lol no, it's not one of my opponents that got lucky with it, it's just about every opponent with the talent that I've seen. I haven't seen it cast the 400 or 100 version, and everybody says it casts that all the time but I haven't seen it on matter how many PvP matches I've played/watched. If I haven't seen the 66.66% happening, then there's obviously something wrong with the talent. It casts a lot more than Fairy Friend and Unicorn, I've tested it with my friend in a 1v1 out of 30 turns. Even if most people complain that it should heal more, nobody needs a 1000 heal from a pet in the first place.
I suspect casting rates for pets have been tampered with again since Khrysalis 2. True, Healing Current used to not be that active. Now it seems to be very active.

Source: about 40 PvP 1v1 matches last week

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1681
I have a much better idea. Instead of changing the way the game works for everybody (including those who dont PvP), change the way the game works for PvPers only. Just disallow pets from PvP, end of story. Why should a 5% piece of the game affect the way people play the 95%? PvP is a TINY aspect of the game. Don't get upset PvP people, Im NOT saying you're worthless, what Im saying is PvP is a very tiny piece of a large puzzle; it's just ONE aspect. It was meant as a piece within a piece. That tiny piece is broken, so let's deal with that tiny piece plain and simple.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1557
Robobot1747 on May 19, 2014 wrote:
So you have a sample of 8. Not enough data at all. Assuming equal chances for values, the chance of that occurring would be 1/3^8, or 1 out of 6561. Clearly it is possible, again, randomness is random, sorry for your bad luck. If you can get me a cast sample of about 1000 times, then we can start seeing some data patterns.
Um no, it's not out of 6561, it's 8 out of 24. The "8 samples" were just me and my friend testing the spell, I've seen the talent about 20 or 30 times being casted just yesterday and today I finally saw it hit 400. Okay, so there might be a chance of it doing 400, but where's the 100? Why is it that out of the hundreds of times I've been seeing it lately it does 1000? The talent has gone insane, and you don't need a 1000 heal in the first place like I've said many times, not even a 4 pip Satyr heals that much, but a pet can heal more than that for 0 pips.

Explorer
Nov 21, 2013
78
PvP King on May 19, 2014 wrote:
Um no, it's not out of 6561, it's 8 out of 24. The "8 samples" were just me and my friend testing the spell, I've seen the talent about 20 or 30 times being casted just yesterday and today I finally saw it hit 400. Okay, so there might be a chance of it doing 400, but where's the 100? Why is it that out of the hundreds of times I've been seeing it lately it does 1000? The talent has gone insane, and you don't need a 1000 heal in the first place like I've said many times, not even a 4 pip Satyr heals that much, but a pet can heal more than that for 0 pips.
I think you're exaggerating your experiences with Healing Current in an attempt to reinforce your argument. I understand your point about the 1000 heal being unnecessary from a pet, but the same could be said about a pet's Fairy healing for 650-700 with average healing boosts. The talents are likely not going to change because they don't make or break PvP; anyone can get them.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
53
No more nerfing of any heals at all. Enough of this. Deal with it. Change your strategy, stop ruining it for pve. We want our pets to heal and not only that, I want mine to spam heal.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1557
Matthew Raven 55 on May 20, 2014 wrote:
I think you're exaggerating your experiences with Healing Current in an attempt to reinforce your argument. I understand your point about the 1000 heal being unnecessary from a pet, but the same could be said about a pet's Fairy healing for 650-700 with average healing boosts. The talents are likely not going to change because they don't make or break PvP; anyone can get them.
No, I'm not exaggerating, because if I was then the talent would be perfectly fine. But since I'm not, and it heals 1000 most of the time and is spamming heals like crazy, with additional heal boost (especially at level 58-60 where getting over 100% heal boost is quite common), the talent is clearly overpowered. They've already nerfed Fairy, I'm fine with it, but Healing Current needs a fix up.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1557
Lucky Wizard on May 20, 2014 wrote:
No more nerfing of any heals at all. Enough of this. Deal with it. Change your strategy, stop ruining it for pve. We want our pets to heal and not only that, I want mine to spam heal.
It's not ruining it for PvE, you're already fighting a monster who can't enchant hits, has no damage boost or resist (unless it's your school), doesn't have brains to stop you from doing what you're doing, and doesn't have much critical. PvP is harder than fighting a simple boss, trust me, I've soloed the game but I still lose in PvP. You don't need a pet to "spam heal" in PvE, that takes out the fun of the entire game and makes it all easy and boring. Even without Current spamming 1000 like crazy (even when it already does in PvE), you have Fairy Friend, Spritely, and Unicorn that all spam non-stop against monsters and bosses to help you. One talent isn't going to make your questing any different.

"Deal with it. Change your strategy, stop ruining it for pve." Ok, then go get a better pet if you can't deal with it. But no, you can't change your strategy to beat something that's overpowered, especially in a deck of 64 cards, and having to deal with everything else all at the same time.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
PvP King, are you asking that the casting rate for Healing Current overall be decreased?
Or are you asking for a steeper grade in the casting rates of 100, 400, and 1000?
Or are you asking that the 1000 heal be completely removed, leaving Healing Current as a 100 or 400?