Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nerf Healing Current

AuthorMessage
Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
PvP King on May 28, 2014 wrote:
Um, I'm already way past Warlord so this has nothing to do with me and ranking up. What most PvE players aren't getting right now is that you don't need a 1000 heal in boss fights either. Team up with friends, use your own heals, or just do whatever. Boss fights and mobs are easy enough, so don't try and bring up the argument that it "ruins questing for everybody."
I disagree with you totally. It does ruin questing for everybody -- at least for everybody who just wants a fun game instead of a grinding long-drawn out slog.

I had great healing pets before they nerfed them -- and contrary to your earlier claim that they only nerfed fairy, they had previously nerfed spritely, then they reduced fairy to match the lowered spritely level. I am really sick of this 'anti-may-cast' mentality.

If you don't want healing pets, then don't use them. Most of us who have worked for our pets really like our healing pets. We spent time and money to get them where they are. Leave them alone.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
FinnAgainWindrider on May 29, 2014 wrote:
I disagree with you totally. It does ruin questing for everybody -- at least for everybody who just wants a fun game instead of a grinding long-drawn out slog.

I had great healing pets before they nerfed them -- and contrary to your earlier claim that they only nerfed fairy, they had previously nerfed spritely, then they reduced fairy to match the lowered spritely level. I am really sick of this 'anti-may-cast' mentality.

If you don't want healing pets, then don't use them. Most of us who have worked for our pets really like our healing pets. We spent time and money to get them where they are. Leave them alone.
No, KingsIsle did nothing to pet talents except Fairy Friend, so your argument about "all healing talents being nerfed" is inaccurate.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
PvP King on May 28, 2014 wrote:
So you seriously don't find that the talent is just as overpowered in PvE as it is in PvP?
Absolutely not. Every player I see with that talent in PvE still usually needs healing because it mostly casts low, it's a lucky rare surprise that it casts the 1000. Healing pets are totally never overpowered in PvE. If you want more challenge because your pet heals too much, change pets. You don't have to nerf the game for everyone because you want to win PvP faster and can't handle dealing with heals.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1077
PvP King on May 29, 2014 wrote:
No, KingsIsle did nothing to pet talents except Fairy Friend, so your argument about "all healing talents being nerfed" is inaccurate.
Wow, you are sorely mistaken. KI nerfed the casting rate of sprite first, then nerfed Fairy. Fairy was nerfed too far, so they allegedly brought up the casting rate to match the nerfed sprite. Plus, I don't see where Finnagain said anything about "all healing talents being nerfed". So, you might want to pull your head out of the sand and take a look around the Spiral instead of inside your PvP-only mindset. There's a lot more going on around you than you choose to see.

I hear the cry of many in PvE who want pets that heal. They don't expect heal spams. What they expect is something that may provide a heal or two during a battle that will help keep them alive while they find heals, or shields, etc. There are so many PvE players who don't have the best gear. They rely on what's dropped, because they either don't know what they really need, or they don't have the time and energy to craft, and the same goes for farming (possibly 1000+ times) just to try and get one thing that might help them. People tell them to go for damage and critical, and these days, that's what the upper crafted/farmed gear leans toward (unfortunately). So, many don't have resist, or block, or much in terms of healing boosts (or they rely too much on healing boosts and all other stats are tanked).

Basically, those in PvE want something they can work with, and that includes pets that heal. Unfortunately, because of PvP whiners, spells, heals, and gear have been nerfed to cater to the narrow-mindedness that only PvP matters, therefore, everyone else is left to their own devices.

This has to stop, which is why I and others are speaking up loudly about anything PvP wants changed. PvE voices needs to be heard and be able to put in their two cents.

So, I say no more nerfing of heals! If PvP can't deal with it, they have options they can fall back on, including changing to non-healing pets or no pets at all.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
seethe42 on May 29, 2014 wrote:
Absolutely not. Every player I see with that talent in PvE still usually needs healing because it mostly casts low, it's a lucky rare surprise that it casts the 1000. Healing pets are totally never overpowered in PvE. If you want more challenge because your pet heals too much, change pets. You don't have to nerf the game for everyone because you want to win PvP faster and can't handle dealing with heals.
They do need healing cards, yes, but not the talent. I never recall when a mob did 1000 damage to me in one hit, so I don't see why it should heal that much. And trust me, if it's overpowered in PvP, the place where people can enchant, critical, have damage boost, boost up their hit, the ability to rebuff heals, then it's definitely overpowered in PvE as well.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
PvP King on May 29, 2014 wrote:
No, KingsIsle did nothing to pet talents except Fairy Friend, so your argument about "all healing talents being nerfed" is inaccurate.
You are mistaken.

The spritely may cast rate was reduced in an update back in 2013. There were many threads about this at that time, and they have continued since then. Many of us have seen a dramatic drop in our pets casting healing spells since that time.

In the 2014 update, Fairy was reduced to the same rate as spritely.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
PvP King on May 30, 2014 wrote:
They do need healing cards, yes, but not the talent. I never recall when a mob did 1000 damage to me in one hit, so I don't see why it should heal that much. And trust me, if it's overpowered in PvP, the place where people can enchant, critical, have damage boost, boost up their hit, the ability to rebuff heals, then it's definitely overpowered in PvE as well.
That's the major difference here. I don't trust you. You are the only person who seems to think it's overpowered in PvP let alone PvE. It's not overpowered in either. It almost never casts the 1000 and who cares if it does? I don't hear you complaining about everyone being able to do 2000+ damage first round with 2 power pips.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
FinnAgainWindrider on May 31, 2014 wrote:
You are mistaken.

The spritely may cast rate was reduced in an update back in 2013. There were many threads about this at that time, and they have continued since then. Many of us have seen a dramatic drop in our pets casting healing spells since that time.

In the 2014 update, Fairy was reduced to the same rate as spritely.
Yes, Spritely did get nerfed, but it still does cast frequently enough to be useful, especially in 4v4. The reason it was nerfed the first time is because it literally casted 2-3 times every turn, making it seriously unfair in PvP. So to me, that's fixing the spell, not nerfing it.

May cast Healing Current needs the same thing, to be fixed, because it's a seriously unfair talent.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
PvP King on May 31, 2014 wrote:
Yes, Spritely did get nerfed, but it still does cast frequently enough to be useful, especially in 4v4. The reason it was nerfed the first time is because it literally casted 2-3 times every turn, making it seriously unfair in PvP. So to me, that's fixing the spell, not nerfing it.

May cast Healing Current needs the same thing, to be fixed, because it's a seriously unfair talent.
The only people that I know of who did not like the spritely cast rate were PVPers. I loved it, it was very helpful, and I came to train and trust my pets to be helpful healers. Then they went and hobbled the pets, and the game is much worse for it. Then they did it to Fairy as well.

Neither of these were "unfair", they were only an inconvenience to folks like yourself who wanted to win fast in the arena. For the rest of us they were great. But now they are unfair, because those of us who worked for them have been cheated out of our time and money. And that is unfair, to work and pay for something, and then have it taken from you without any say in the matter or any recourse to getting a refund on your investment.

Really, no more nerfing the healing talents of pets!

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
BrynnerOfReign on May 30, 2014 wrote:
Wow, you are sorely mistaken. KI nerfed the casting rate of sprite first, then nerfed Fairy. Fairy was nerfed too far, so they allegedly brought up the casting rate to match the nerfed sprite. Plus, I don't see where Finnagain said anything about "all healing talents being nerfed". So, you might want to pull your head out of the sand and take a look around the Spiral instead of inside your PvP-only mindset. There's a lot more going on around you than you choose to see.

I hear the cry of many in PvE who want pets that heal. They don't expect heal spams. What they expect is something that may provide a heal or two during a battle that will help keep them alive while they find heals, or shields, etc. There are so many PvE players who don't have the best gear. They rely on what's dropped, because they either don't know what they really need, or they don't have the time and energy to craft, and the same goes for farming (possibly 1000+ times) just to try and get one thing that might help them. People tell them to go for damage and critical, and these days, that's what the upper crafted/farmed gear leans toward (unfortunately). So, many don't have resist, or block, or much in terms of healing boosts (or they rely too much on healing boosts and all other stats are tanked).

Basically, those in PvE want something they can work with, and that includes pets that heal. Unfortunately, because of PvP whiners, spells, heals, and gear have been nerfed to cater to the narrow-mindedness that only PvP matters, therefore, everyone else is left to their own devices.

This has to stop, which is why I and others are speaking up loudly about anything PvP wants changed. PvE voices needs to be heard and be able to put in their two cents.

So, I say no more nerfing of heals! If PvP can't deal with it, they have options they can fall back on, including changing to non-healing pets or no pets at all.
Many of the people that don't have the best gear also don't have pets with may cast heals. I highly doubt that it is intended for the game to be extremely easy to beat, as it becomes with pet heals. If a PvE player needs help, they can ask a friend or use the "team up" button for a dungeon. A player does not need a massive heal every turn to defeat the enemies. PvP is a part of the game too; many players that do only PvE do not seem to realize that PvP has a large community. While the PvP community is probably not as large as the PvE community, the PvP community is clearly large enough to influence decisions by Kingsisle. Finally, how does PvE not have input? Many spells (Often single hit spells) are made solely for PvE. Sure, there are some PvP spells as well, but PvP gets a lot fewer updates than PvE, probably because of the community sizes and the fact that PvP is not the main point of the game. You act like PvP'ers are the only ones whining, but I have seen plenty of players that do PvE whine about how PvP ruins everything. Please tell me, what is the difference between the two?

Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
53
PvP King on May 22, 2014 wrote:
First of all, only Fairy Friend was changed in questing, read what KingsIsle said about lowering the cast rate for it, so it's pure luck if it's not spamming in boss fights, KingsIsle had nothing to do with your pet's Unicorn Spirtely or Healing Current casting less.

I can't simply "change my strategy" and add Storm dispels. Why would I use 2 of my power pips (4 pips since I only get power pips) to stop a 0 pip heal? I'd be at a major pip disadvantage just to stop a pet from healing while the wizard himself can still use his heals to heal with as well. Back before Celestia, we had to deal with pets giving absolutely nothing but power pip chance, so I don't see why you can't deal with it now. Sure, bosses can cheat, but now there's something great called "team up" where you don't even need friends to help you in dungeons or boss fights. Why do you need a pet to spam like crazy in PvE again?

Shadow magic has nothing to do with boosting your spell's damage. Sure, it can give armor pierce, but they have no damage boost or damage enchants whatsoever, and all you really have to do is use a couple dispels or accuracy debuffs and they take 5000 backlash, and most of the time they won't even use the right spell that goes with their shadow magic because they don't have a brain operating them (they're computers, they use any random spell they have the pips for) so most of the time they're increasing their backlash anyways.

"the only way to fix it and make it fair for everyone in PVP is to have pets disequipped in the arena. No pets, everyone is even." Alright, so we'd lose 15% resist, lose some damage boost, lose basically every stat we need from our pets as well as the spells they give and still have major armor pierce and critical? No, nobody would be able to survive 1 turn vs a Storm wizard with only 28% resist to help them. A better solution? Simply don't make overpowered talents in the first place.
First off, sprite was nerfed first. Then fairy got nerfed, then fairy got fixed to supposedly cast as much as sprite, which hardly casts.
It is not the mobs I am worried about whether or not my pet heals, as I equip a no heal damage pet for those fights. What people like you fail to realize is that we pet hatchers have paid a lot of real money, time, and effort into hatching over and over just to get our pets nerfed because of whiners. I want my pets to spam heal me when I am alone in cheating bosses and long hard dungeons. And please don't mention team up as that is a fail when people know I am ice and not a storm, they bail on me usually so I gotta solo a lot of times and I want my freaking pet to heal me in there.

Another thing, if dispels are good enough for me, then they should be good enough for you too.

And yes, I stand by my comment earlier about taking pets out of the arena. Will solve a lot of problems. Damage or no damage, I don't really care. Resist or no resist. Hey maybe the matches won't take that long that way.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
FinnAgainWindrider on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
The only people that I know of who did not like the spritely cast rate were PVPers. I loved it, it was very helpful, and I came to train and trust my pets to be helpful healers. Then they went and hobbled the pets, and the game is much worse for it. Then they did it to Fairy as well.

Neither of these were "unfair", they were only an inconvenience to folks like yourself who wanted to win fast in the arena. For the rest of us they were great. But now they are unfair, because those of us who worked for them have been cheated out of our time and money. And that is unfair, to work and pay for something, and then have it taken from you without any say in the matter or any recourse to getting a refund on your investment.

Really, no more nerfing the healing talents of pets!
No, because getting an overpowered pet talent isn't right in the first place. And if you say that using your time and money on improving a pet to have it nerfed is unfair, I can say the same that doing years's worth of PvP just to have overpowered healing talents to come in and ruin it for me is unfair as well.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
488
PvP King on May 22, 2014 wrote:
At first I wanted the casting rate to be decreased, but now I want it to have a chance to do 400/500/600 so it doesn't heal 1000.
It does have a chance to do 400/500/600. You said so yourself you saw it do 400, so it has a chance. Btw, it seems like the whole message boards is against what you are saying, and you have rotten luck. So, keep playing and playing, PVP over and over, healing current after healing current for about a year so we know you are 100% positive.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
I didn't read all the Post, but I did read the first one. Where Healing current is a real problem is at
the lower levels. I have a Rank 18 Fire, and the Life I was against had healing current flash off
four times in the match. Twice was for 1000, which brought him to full life twice.
Once was for 400, and I'm not sure what the last one was for.
2400 heal for zero pips, at the higher levels you can take this down fast, but at level 18
it's a bear to start over, with the limited deck size.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
PvP King on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
No, because getting an overpowered pet talent isn't right in the first place. And if you say that using your time and money on improving a pet to have it nerfed is unfair, I can say the same that doing years's worth of PvP just to have overpowered healing talents to come in and ruin it for me is unfair as well.
The pet talents were not overpowered in the first place. On that claim alone, I totally disagree with you.

Again, the only people who felt they were overpowered were PVP players like yourself who just want to be able to win fast in the arena. In the rest of the game, healing pets were entirely appropriate and helpful. And especially for people who play solo, they are a must.

As far as you saying "the pet talents come in and ruin it for you" being equivalent to the loss we pet trainers have had, that is totally ludicrous. How much actual money did you spend on mega snacks so that you could play PVP? How many hours did you spend training pets? I spent a lot on both.

I also have spent my good share of time in the arena. I too am a warlord. But the arena was never "ruined" for me by the pets I encountered -- even when the other players had better pets with better healing talents. I respected them for their efforts and strategy in training and coordinating their pets with their style of play. I learned from them. It is all just part of the game.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2929
this whole thread is just... i can't even.

i waited a few days to respond to this, because it made me so angry that i'm pretty sure my initial reaction would have gotten me permanently banned from the forums.

aaron spellthief>brynnerofreign

"You act like PvP'ers are the only ones whining, but I have seen plenty of players that do PvE whine about how PvP ruins everything. Please tell me, what is the difference between the two?"

since you asked, aaron, allow me to explain:

firstly, i understand why the pve community would take that stance towards pvp; not only is the so-called "community" a toxic sludge-pit of abuse and harassment, but their whining about how every spell used against them is overpowered (and subsequent modifications made to appease said whiners) negatively affects pve.

for example, guardian spirit, wild bolt, pet heals, etc. those were nice perks for the pve community. but they were all nerfed because pvp'ers whined about how they were op.

now, let's say that pve players start complaining about all the special perks pvp'ers get (easier access to rare reagents, for example) and ki takes them away. if your response is to whine about how that's not fair, step back for a sec and think about it. if you can take my stuff and call it fair, then i can do the same.

pve, not pvp, is the primary component of the game. when was the last time you heard the pve community cry nerf or whine about spells used against them being overpowered? this is 90% of the problem right here.

in short, healing current does not need to be nerfed. if you can't counter a pet heal, then perhaps you shouldn't pvp.

-von
pve'er, magus veteran

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
Molly the Balance ... on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
It does have a chance to do 400/500/600. You said so yourself you saw it do 400, so it has a chance. Btw, it seems like the whole message boards is against what you are saying, and you have rotten luck. So, keep playing and playing, PVP over and over, healing current after healing current for about a year so we know you are 100% positive.
No, the Healing Current from the pet cast today is 100/400/1000. My suggestion is to make it 400/500/600, because 1000 is just too much for 0 pips from a pet, and many people are beginning to see my point.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
Veracity8 on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:
I didn't read all the Post, but I did read the first one. Where Healing current is a real problem is at
the lower levels. I have a Rank 18 Fire, and the Life I was against had healing current flash off
four times in the match. Twice was for 1000, which brought him to full life twice.
Once was for 400, and I'm not sure what the last one was for.
2400 heal for zero pips, at the higher levels you can take this down fast, but at level 18
it's a bear to start over, with the limited deck size.
Yeah, it heals 1000 way too often, and it should be changed to something different, especially in low level PvP. Also, the 1000 heal is still a lot in high level PvP, too, because it puts the person a full 1000 health (plus heal boost) ahead of the opponent, giving the person that didn't have the may cast happen to them a serious disadvantage.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2929
PvP King on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, it heals 1000 way too often, and it should be changed to something different, especially in low level PvP. Also, the 1000 heal is still a lot in high level PvP, too, because it puts the person a full 1000 health (plus heal boost) ahead of the opponent, giving the person that didn't have the may cast happen to them a serious disadvantage.
yes, but the person without the may-cast talent can still counter:

-spam infection (trained and tc);
-storm dispels
-ohko

being a mid-level vet without pvp elite gear is a huge disadvantage, but i can counter it. if you're unwilling to do so, that's hardly anyone else's fault.

-von

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
Dr Von on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:
this whole thread is just... i can't even.

i waited a few days to respond to this, because it made me so angry that i'm pretty sure my initial reaction would have gotten me permanently banned from the forums.

aaron spellthief>brynnerofreign

"You act like PvP'ers are the only ones whining, but I have seen plenty of players that do PvE whine about how PvP ruins everything. Please tell me, what is the difference between the two?"

since you asked, aaron, allow me to explain:

firstly, i understand why the pve community would take that stance towards pvp; not only is the so-called "community" a toxic sludge-pit of abuse and harassment, but their whining about how every spell used against them is overpowered (and subsequent modifications made to appease said whiners) negatively affects pve.

for example, guardian spirit, wild bolt, pet heals, etc. those were nice perks for the pve community. but they were all nerfed because pvp'ers whined about how they were op.

now, let's say that pve players start complaining about all the special perks pvp'ers get (easier access to rare reagents, for example) and ki takes them away. if your response is to whine about how that's not fair, step back for a sec and think about it. if you can take my stuff and call it fair, then i can do the same.

pve, not pvp, is the primary component of the game. when was the last time you heard the pve community cry nerf or whine about spells used against them being overpowered? this is 90% of the problem right here.

in short, healing current does not need to be nerfed. if you can't counter a pet heal, then perhaps you shouldn't pvp.

-von
pve'er, magus veteran
Yes, PvE players have asked for spells that ruin PvP already. There have been many ideas asking for "MC Satyr", super pips, new overpowered gear, etc. Even with that, PvE players blame PvP players for ruining their side of the game. Take a look at this: You guys asked for massive offense gear to make questing easier, guess what happened, Aquila. You guys asked for more heals from pets, then you got Unicorn, Fairy Friend, Healing Current, etc. You guys asked for spells with massive after-effects to take down bosses, asked for impossible stats (Jade gear), and so on. So who ruined who now? PvE ruined PvP as well as made the game seriously easy.

You guys have complained about bosses being too strong, making whole worlds have boss and mob health being lowered down (Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca). You guys came up with ideas, Celestia was an idea from a wizard, Rain of Fire, Chimera, Snow Drift, and many more spells were wizard's ideas, and you guys got what you wanted. Snow Drift ruined Balance wizards in PvP, and you guys call it fair. But, when PvP players ask for something, you guys can't get over the fact that you have to use strategy for once. So, you have a pet that heals 1000 like 3 times a turn, massive resist, damage enchants, massive critical, already great pets, bosses not having brains, bosses having low block rating, the Team Up option, bosses having no damage boost, accuracy boost, enchants, unbeatable resist, and you guys can't get over pet talents? Is that a joke? PvE is easy enough as it is, I don't think anybody needs Healing Current healing them 1000 each turn. Does it never get boring to you how easy questing is with the talent?

"in short, healing current does not need to be nerfed. if you can't counter a pet heal, then perhaps you shouldn't pvp." If you can't deal with not having one simple pet heal in questing with how easy it already is, maybe you shouldn't quest.

Also one more thing. PvE players have got to stop thinking PvP is a small community now. It's not. It's a big portion of the game, not as popular as PvE, but very close. Everybody who has done ranked PvP to achieve a rank is part of the PvP community. However, many many people that quest stop at their levels to continue doing PvP alone. PvE isn't as big of a community as you think it is, and PvP isn't as small as you think it is. Try going into the Arena, see how many times you'll meet the same person standing there.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
PvP King on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:
Yes, PvE players have asked for spells that ruin PvP already. There have been many ideas asking for "MC Satyr", super pips, new overpowered gear, etc. Even with that, PvE players blame PvP players for ruining their side of the game. Take a look at this: You guys asked for massive offense gear to make questing easier, guess what happened, Aquila. You guys asked for more heals from pets, then you got Unicorn, Fairy Friend, Healing Current, etc. You guys asked for spells with massive after-effects to take down bosses, asked for impossible stats (Jade gear), and so on. So who ruined who now? PvE ruined PvP as well as made the game seriously easy.

You guys have complained about bosses being too strong, making whole worlds have boss and mob health being lowered down (Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca). You guys came up with ideas, Celestia was an idea from a wizard, Rain of Fire, Chimera, Snow Drift, and many more spells were wizard's ideas, and you guys got what you wanted. Snow Drift ruined Balance wizards in PvP, and you guys call it fair. But, when PvP players ask for something, you guys can't get over the fact that you have to use strategy for once. So, you have a pet that heals 1000 like 3 times a turn, massive resist, damage enchants, massive critical, already great pets, bosses not having brains, bosses having low block rating, the Team Up option, bosses having no damage boost, accuracy boost, enchants, unbeatable resist, and you guys can't get over pet talents? Is that a joke? PvE is easy enough as it is, I don't think anybody needs Healing Current healing them 1000 each turn. Does it never get boring to you how easy questing is with the talent?

"in short, healing current does not need to be nerfed. if you can't counter a pet heal, then perhaps you shouldn't pvp." If you can't deal with not having one simple pet heal in questing with how easy it already is, maybe you shouldn't quest.

Also one more thing. PvE players have got to stop thinking PvP is a small community now. It's not. It's a big portion of the game, not as popular as PvE, but very close. Everybody who has done ranked PvP to achieve a rank is part of the PvP community. However, many many people that quest stop at their levels to continue doing PvP alone. PvE isn't as big of a community as you think it is, and PvP isn't as small as you think it is. Try going into the Arena, see how many times you'll meet the same person standing there.
You meet the same people all the time BECAUSE it's such a small part of the game. PvE is the main aspect of the game whether you like it or not or just choose to ignore it. You are the one asking for everything to be nerfed to make your game easy, not PvE players. You really are confusing about it too. You don't want pets healing because it makes matches too long and at the same time you don't want shrike because it makes matches too short. You want to everything to revolve around making it easier for you personally to do PvP and forget about the millions who don't care about PvP at all. The PvP community needs to realize that it IS just one small aspect of the game, it's not remotely as big as you keep making it.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
seethe42 on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:
You meet the same people all the time BECAUSE it's such a small part of the game. PvE is the main aspect of the game whether you like it or not or just choose to ignore it. You are the one asking for everything to be nerfed to make your game easy, not PvE players. You really are confusing about it too. You don't want pets healing because it makes matches too long and at the same time you don't want shrike because it makes matches too short. You want to everything to revolve around making it easier for you personally to do PvP and forget about the millions who don't care about PvP at all. The PvP community needs to realize that it IS just one small aspect of the game, it's not remotely as big as you keep making it.
exactly. nicely said.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2929
PvP King on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:
Yes, PvE players have asked for spells that ruin PvP already. There have been many ideas asking for "MC Satyr", super pips, new overpowered gear, etc. Even with that, PvE players blame PvP players for ruining their side of the game. Take a look at this: You guys asked for massive offense gear to make questing easier, guess what happened, Aquila. You guys asked for more heals from pets, then you got Unicorn, Fairy Friend, Healing Current, etc. You guys asked for spells with massive after-effects to take down bosses, asked for impossible stats (Jade gear), and so on. So who ruined who now? PvE ruined PvP as well as made the game seriously easy.

You guys have complained about bosses being too strong, making whole worlds have boss and mob health being lowered down (Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca). You guys came up with ideas, Celestia was an idea from a wizard, Rain of Fire, Chimera, Snow Drift, and many more spells were wizard's ideas, and you guys got what you wanted. Snow Drift ruined Balance wizards in PvP, and you guys call it fair. But, when PvP players ask for something, you guys can't get over the fact that you have to use strategy for once. So, you have a pet that heals 1000 like 3 times a turn, massive resist, damage enchants, massive critical, already great pets, bosses not having brains, bosses having low block rating, the Team Up option, bosses having no damage boost, accuracy boost, enchants, unbeatable resist, and you guys can't get over pet talents? Is that a joke? PvE is easy enough as it is, I don't think anybody needs Healing Current healing them 1000 each turn. Does it never get boring to you how easy questing is with the talent?

"in short, healing current does not need to be nerfed. if you can't counter a pet heal, then perhaps you shouldn't pvp." If you can't deal with not having one simple pet heal in questing with how easy it already is, maybe you shouldn't quest.

Also one more thing. PvE players have got to stop thinking PvP is a small community now. It's not. It's a big portion of the game, not as popular as PvE, but very close. Everybody who has done ranked PvP to achieve a rank is part of the PvP community. However, many many people that quest stop at their levels to continue doing PvP alone. PvE isn't as big of a community as you think it is, and PvP isn't as small as you think it is. Try going into the Arena, see how many times you'll meet the same person standing there.
1) sounds like you just have a problem with pve.
2) pve, not pvp, is the primary aspect of the game; therefore pve cannot possibly ruin pvp.

there was no such thing as waterworks, or jade gear, or pet heals when i started playing, ergo i do not need them~ they are a perk that i have worked hard for, no differently than i worked for my vet badge in pvp.

yes, the pve crowd requested that some of the annoying cheat instances be toned down, for the simple fact that no one over the age of 5 has the free time required to complete them. i don't have 4 spare hours on a weeknight, as i imagine anyone with a job and/or family obligations doesn't; i support the average player, who doesn't have fancy crowns items or elite gear, and who is struggling because the pvp "community" cried that the game was "too easy".

people with underdeveloped cognitive and motor skills play this game too; people who may not be able to use strategy like you and i can, which is why main-arc quests need to be completeable by everyone.we can make our own "challenges", but the game cannot be made easier for someone who is struggling.

my focus is on pve, but my veteran's gear setup was tailored specifically for pvp; this includes a pet with sprite and fairy friend (healing current is in the pool, but hasn't manifested yet). similarly, i've run into people with that talent and i counter it; the way i see it, your pet can't save you if you're already defeated, so i make sure that my opponent's good and dead. nothing (except guardian spirit) can save him from that fate. and if he does have gs? i have a counter for that, too.

"Everybody who has done ranked PvP to achieve a rank is part of the PvP community."

yes, which makes me part of that community. the difference between us is that i don't have this hate-on for pve that you seem to, nor do i see the need for anything to be nerfed.

-von

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
seethe42 on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:
You meet the same people all the time BECAUSE it's such a small part of the game. PvE is the main aspect of the game whether you like it or not or just choose to ignore it. You are the one asking for everything to be nerfed to make your game easy, not PvE players. You really are confusing about it too. You don't want pets healing because it makes matches too long and at the same time you don't want shrike because it makes matches too short. You want to everything to revolve around making it easier for you personally to do PvP and forget about the millions who don't care about PvP at all. The PvP community needs to realize that it IS just one small aspect of the game, it's not remotely as big as you keep making it.
Since when did I say anything related to Shrike? I never said it was overpowered, I have my own counters to it, and I've never lost to the spell before. I don't care about it.

And no, you never meet the same people in the Arena unless they're your friends or they're standing there spinning for days. PvP isn't as small as PvE players think it is, and same as the other way around. I also never said that matches are too long because pets heal, quit changing my words. I'm saying that it's unfair for Healing Current to heal so much for 0 pips. You never see somebody in the Arena say "Yes! My opponent got a 2000 heal from their pet! Woo! I still got this.", it's more like a "Wow. Just wow -.- I give up" I also never said I wanted to make the game easier for me, because if that was the case, I wouldn't be where I'm at right now.

Quit being so selfish about your little pet talent and actually think about how unfair it is in PvP for once. Say, you're a level 10 wizard against a level 45 who has the talent. You're limited at 16 cards while your opponent can have 45. You have far less attacks, then you finally get close to defeating your opponent. Then, all of the sudden, the pet heals 1000 with Healing Current. That's fair to you? Is that happening because there's something wrong with my strategy? No.It's pure luck and unfairness. You're the one trying to make PvE as easy as possible by having the talent even though PvE is the easiest thing in the entire game.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
Dr Von on Jun 4, 2014 wrote:
1) sounds like you just have a problem with pve.
2) pve, not pvp, is the primary aspect of the game; therefore pve cannot possibly ruin pvp.

there was no such thing as waterworks, or jade gear, or pet heals when i started playing, ergo i do not need them~ they are a perk that i have worked hard for, no differently than i worked for my vet badge in pvp.

yes, the pve crowd requested that some of the annoying cheat instances be toned down, for the simple fact that no one over the age of 5 has the free time required to complete them. i don't have 4 spare hours on a weeknight, as i imagine anyone with a job and/or family obligations doesn't; i support the average player, who doesn't have fancy crowns items or elite gear, and who is struggling because the pvp "community" cried that the game was "too easy".

people with underdeveloped cognitive and motor skills play this game too; people who may not be able to use strategy like you and i can, which is why main-arc quests need to be completeable by everyone.we can make our own "challenges", but the game cannot be made easier for someone who is struggling.

my focus is on pve, but my veteran's gear setup was tailored specifically for pvp; this includes a pet with sprite and fairy friend (healing current is in the pool, but hasn't manifested yet). similarly, i've run into people with that talent and i counter it; the way i see it, your pet can't save you if you're already defeated, so i make sure that my opponent's good and dead. nothing (except guardian spirit) can save him from that fate. and if he does have gs? i have a counter for that, too.

"Everybody who has done ranked PvP to achieve a rank is part of the PvP community."

yes, which makes me part of that community. the difference between us is that i don't have this hate-on for pve that you seem to, nor do i see the need for anything to be nerfed.

-von
1) Nah, I do PvE too, I know what I'm talking about.
2) It doesn't matter if it's the primary aspect of the game, it can still ruin PvP. Nice philosophy though.

"yes, the pve crowd requested that some of the annoying cheat instances be toned down, for the simple fact that no one over the age of 5 has the free time required to complete them." Um ok, it doesn't take 12 hours to do a dungeon, it just takes 30 minutes. If you have less than 30 minutes of your spare time, then I don't think doing a whole dungeon is a good use of that time, because you can't finish.

Yes, there are people who aren't very good at strategizing that play the game, but it shouldn't be made so easy with Healing Current that strategy isn't required. I have the talent myself on my Frankenbunny pet, I used it, it kept healing me a couple thousand health, I stacked blades, and I went on to my next quest. Just like that. Blade, don't worry about healing or shielding, add a couple traps, use a high pip spell and you're done. That's just how simple Energizing Battery made Wizard101. Unlike many other gamers it seems, I like to have a challenge in my game, but PvE isn't that thing for me. As soon as I got the healing talent I was set to solo every boss and dungeon, and in fact, I did. I've rarely had to use my own shields, I've had to use heals from time to time, but my main focus was on blading and trapping, which is quite odd. My opponents didn't have damage enchants, damage boost, unblockable critical ratings, or brains to use to defeat me, they were all just computer animated objects, plain and simple. Sure, there were a couple cheats here and there, but I'm sure people could do it without the help of Energizing Battery, even the simplest of strategies.

I don't have a "hate-on" for PvE, it's just that I'm done with questers begging for the game to be unbelievable easy and introducing frustratingly overpowered talents and stats in the game.