Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice in pvp

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1077
If you think Ice is overpowered, then take a good look at the other schools. Each one can be considered overpowered in their own way.

Only 5000 health? Mine is currently at 5501, and if I switch gear, I can get nearly 5700 health. I have 61 Fire resist, 57 Storm resist, and 28 resist for all other schools. Oh, and we don't critical a lot. However, I never fizzle, because my accuracy is at 101%.

shadowpoke wrote:
I agree ice is to overpowered almost all warlords are ice whether you like it or not ice has most life most resist and spam towers i know a ice team thats all 4 ices and they never get beaten its like impossible they spam shields there resist is so high and when your finally about to kill they heal and you gotta start all over again ice has best stats 50 attack boost is not bad and they got a +40 blade and there attacks arent even weak the only people who ont agree with this topic are probably ice


WRONG on the resist. ANY school can have high resistance, you have to purchase the gear or craft it. High resistance is not exclusive to Ice.

Ice base spell damage is one of, if not the lowest, of the schools. Of course we get a 40% blade. Can you imagine Storm or Fire getting a 40% blade?

Ice does NOT have the best stats. Like any other school, you have to find a balance. If you're Ice and play defensive, then your offense stats are going to drop way down. If you play offensively, then those stats are mediocre at best, and the resistance goes way down.

The 50 attack boost you're talking about. Is it the damage boost? If it is, Ice does not get that high of a boost. Average would be between 29-36%.

Snowyandspots write: Of course it's becoming old though ice definitely has a huge advantage in pvp right now. So people will keep stating it until something changes, not sure what but whatever.

Wizard101 doesn't revolve around PvP. It's a small, inconsequential part of the game that thinks they should control how schools should be boosted or nerfed.

Gee, how about nerfing Storm's huge damage hits? How about nerfing Fire's AOE spells? How about nerfing (again) Life's Guardian Spirit? Or, how about Myth's Earthquake?

Every school has it's advantages and disadvantages. Deal with it and learn how to overcome them. It's called strategy.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
53
Delver
Aug 13, 2010
234
Yeah, and about 100 other threads say the same thing! Haha, by now, KingsIsle would've already changed Ice??? They can't! They made Ice! Ice is evolving, just like all the other school's our! Storm gets more attack, Ice gets more resist and health. When level 90 comes I won't be surprised if Storm resist got to over 100 for Ice! But it's at trade off, as the attack will stay low and the power pips will stay around 60%. KI can't do anything about a school. They changed Guardian Spirit, a spell, which was simply just idiotic to due. But at least KI shows they listen to their community.

I have some ideas!

Don't nerf Ice. That is a bias as I am an Ice Archmage, but Ice deserves a little more fame. I don't know hot it is from other school's point of views, but even with the crafted gear, it comes down to the pet, and the player.

I can't say much more than that schools are growing and everything is getting raised. I can also say KingsIsle will not be making any changes to Ice. I cannot speak for the company, but I can assure you it would hurt more people than it did nerfing Guardian Spirit, which was also a bad idea...

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4942
oh my gosh, how many people are going to whine about this?!
PvP is optional.
The spells, etc., for a school should NOT be changed just because you can't figure out how to beat them.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4942
Then stop doing PvP.

This has been posted over and over and over again.

Ice can be beat. You have to figure out how. Changing a schools' spells, etc., because some people can't figure out how to beat them in an optional element of the game is unfair.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
ice has many different blades and they are typically the highest no pip cost percent damage blades in the game, the problem with this is blatent when they get the same strong enhancement card bonus as all the other schools, except death school who unjustifiably gets penalized 50% on such cards

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
182
Didnt you guys see Avalon's crafted gear for ice? ill tell you it

Storm resist: 103

Fire resist: 102

rest resistance is around 50 i mentioned this many times and its insane.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
182
Ice is immuned to storm and fire now and the rest of there resist is 50, Ice is now considered 95% impossible to beat with storm and fire their prisms wont even help that much since there attacks are all half now.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
248
First of all I am neither ice or fire or storm, so I am neutral to the situation. I understand that ice has been getting high resist to fire and storm (I haven't seen any immunes in ranked pvp because they sacrifice their pip chance to like 15% and their healing boost is destroyed.) Now I have met many fire and storm who have successfully gone around this tactic. Because ice sacrifice pips and healing boost to get their resist that will give you a very nice edge. What I recommend is one of the 3 - Use high critical avalon gear as it has been proven to be able to break high block, use converts, or simply use a pierce blade and a 20% infallible. Storm can do better with the high critical thing and I've seen a storm overlord successfully use it to kill a life fast. Alright so get it straight guys their resist isnt a big deal.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4942
TheDarkestMask wrote:
First of all I am neither ice or fire or storm, so I am neutral to the situation. I understand that ice has been getting high resist to fire and storm (I haven't seen any immunes in ranked pvp because they sacrifice their pip chance to like 15% and their healing boost is destroyed.) Now I have met many fire and storm who have successfully gone around this tactic. Because ice sacrifice pips and healing boost to get their resist that will give you a very nice edge. What I recommend is one of the 3 - Use high critical avalon gear as it has been proven to be able to break high block, use converts, or simply use a pierce blade and a 20% infallible. Storm can do better with the high critical thing and I've seen a storm overlord successfully use it to kill a life fast. Alright so get it straight guys their resist isnt a big deal.

Thank you! I keep stating that complaining and wanted Ice changed because you can't figure out how to beat them isn't going to change anything. :)

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
184
You maybe right but many people here trying to nerf ice because its much easier than think about any strategy.
So join the nerfing support team and we all be able to kill ice very easy soon.
I can defeat ice but it takes some time and if they reduce their resist it would be so much easier.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
49
In the Ice school, there is something that all
Ice and Storm (and any other school) needs to
read.

Go over to the Book Pedestal, and read the book.

As you read the book, it states the following,

"And because it is derived from the Giants,
Ice Magic will always be more powerful than
that of Fire and Storm."

Ice's Power is and always has been in it's
resist imo, it has the best in the game.
It appears to me, that Wizard101 is finally
living up to these printed words.

So for anyone that can't understand why
Ice has resist to Fire and Storm, go
read the book..... then you can stop
complaining. Because this is the way
it should be, read it and weep.

Kev.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
49
I just want to make sure everyone sees this, so I am posting it here also,

In the Ice school, there is something that all
Ice and Storm (and any other school) needs to
read.

Go over to the Book Pedestal, and read the book.

As you read the book, it states the following,

"And because it is derived from the Giants,
Ice Magic will always be more powerful than
that of Fire and Storm."

Ice's Power is and always has been in it's
resist imo, it has the best in the game.
It appears to me, that Wizard101 is finally
living up to these printed words.

So for anyone that can't understand why
Ice has resist to Fire and Storm, go
read the book..... then you can stop
complaining. Because this is the way
it should be, read it and weep.

Kev.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
49
Couldn't have said it better, and I'm a Fire Wizard.
My fire has been my central PvP toon, since I started.
I have found ways to beat Ice, you just have to think it
out and be prepared.
To all those that complain, go read the Book in the
Ice school, it explains everything.

Kev.

Explorer
May 02, 2011
69
Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
10
i'm an ice wizard and i'm on your side especilly with the tower shield they should forbid that in pvp

Hero
Dec 16, 2009
773
kevke67 wrote:
Couldn't have said it better, and I'm a Fire Wizard.
My fire has been my central PvP toon, since I started.
I have found ways to beat Ice, you just have to think it
out and be prepared.
To all those that complain, go read the Book in the
Ice school, it explains everything.

Kev.


The problem isnt so much that ice is "unbeatable", this is demonstratably false as many storms and fires have figured out a way to do so. What is a problem is that just by virtue of gear ice burdens 2 schools and forces them to use converts, tc pierce, a ridiculous amount of prep just to get an attack to hit at a relevant level wheras ice does not have this burden to go through. Also, your argument using the school books found in each of the associated classrooms is flawed. The books are inherently biased towards the classes they represent(note how each school's respective titan is in the right and the other 2 are in the wrong). Also if your theory was correct then I would assume that fire should be able to obtain storm and ice immunity and storm to obtain ice and fire immunity and we can all agree that such a proposition is ridiculous.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
FatesKin wrote:
kevke67 wrote:
Couldn't have said it better, and I'm a Fire Wizard.
My fire has been my central PvP toon, since I started.
I have found ways to beat Ice, you just have to think it
out and be prepared.
To all those that complain, go read the Book in the
Ice school, it explains everything.

Kev.


The problem isnt so much that ice is "unbeatable", this is demonstratably false as many storms and fires have figured out a way to do so. What is a problem is that just by virtue of gear ice burdens 2 schools and forces them to use converts, tc pierce, a ridiculous amount of prep just to get an attack to hit at a relevant level wheras ice does not have this burden to go through. Also, your argument using the school books found in each of the associated classrooms is flawed. The books are inherently biased towards the classes they represent(note how each school's respective titan is in the right and the other 2 are in the wrong). Also if your theory was correct then I would assume that fire should be able to obtain storm and ice immunity and storm to obtain ice and fire immunity and we can all agree that such a proposition is ridiculous.


About time someone tried to explain it. -.-

Unbalanced schools lead to complaining.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312


""Wizard101 doesn't revolve around PvP. It's a small, inconsequential part of the game that thinks they should control how schools should be boosted or nerfed.

Gee, how about nerfing Storm's huge damage hits? How about nerfing Fire's AOE spells? How about nerfing (again) Life's Guardian Spirit? Or, how about Myth's Earthquake?

Every school has it's advantages and disadvantages. Deal with it and learn how to overcome them. It's called strategy.""



Hmm last time I checked 25% of all the Wizards in wizard101 played pvp meaning if you shove pvp to the side you could just lose 25% of the players. Now obviously I don't have the data to go into the exact profit loss KI will suffer but what I can say is PvP is a members only activity so you would lose members and not free players.

Also I do know that many active PvP'ers love to spend crowns to gain the new gear and such. I also am aware that once you reach max lvl there isn't as much to do. It doesn't take that long to go through a world. Last time I checked it took two weeks for someone to finish avalon(note it could have been sooner I didn't bother checking for the record).


Next time you say pvp is small back it up with some evidence. It isn't possible to state wizard101 doesn't need pvp since none of us know the exact amount that the company makes off its pvp players, though we do know that it is for paying members and is 25% of the community.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
kevke67 wrote:
In the Ice school, there is something that all
Ice and Storm (and any other school) needs to
read.

Go over to the Book Pedestal, and read the book.

As you read the book, it states the following,

"And because it is derived from the Giants,
Ice Magic will always be more powerful than
that of Fire and Storm."

Ice's Power is and always has been in it's
resist imo, it has the best in the game.
It appears to me, that Wizard101 is finally
living up to these printed words.

So for anyone that can't understand why
Ice has resist to Fire and Storm, go
read the book..... then you can stop
complaining. Because this is the way
it should be, read it and weep.

Kev.


Here is something another person used to counter against the ice argument.

*Note I did not write this but someone else did.*

"The problem isnt so much that ice is "unbeatable", this is demonstratably false as many storms and fires have figured out a way to do so. What is a problem is that just by virtue of gear ice burdens 2 schools and forces them to use converts, tc pierce, a ridiculous amount of prep just to get an attack to hit at a relevant level wheras ice does not have this burden to go through. Also, your argument using the school books found in each of the associated classrooms is flawed. The books are inherently biased towards the classes they represent(note how each school's respective titan is in the right and the other 2 are in the wrong). Also if your theory was correct then I would assume that fire should be able to obtain storm and ice immunity and storm to obtain ice and fire immunity and we can all agree that such a proposition is ridiculous. "

I believe this person understands the problem entirely. The balance is off. Somethings should be changed.

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
67
Storm and Fire have to set up decks according to Ice's unfair resistance.

That deck isn't so useful against other schools.

In another words Storm and Fire have a limited strategy than from the rest of the schools.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2011
2
So many people have been complaining about Ice having an advantage.
I've done some research, when I started to notice that Ice was, and people were starting to complain more and more?

Well....... In my research I have found going into the schools of Storm, Ice, and Fire, if you look to the left there is a book pedestal click x and read /and/or listen to it.

Storm: History of the school of Storm - Before time began as we know it,
there exsisted the tritons. They shared the universe with the Dragons and Giants. The tritons ruled the seas and kept peace in the world, that is,
untill the Dragons and Giants began to scheme. When the attack happened
the Tritons were ready. They refused to full destroy their enemy and so,
fell into slumber as their price for mercy. Today the Storm elements still
exsist. Even now the more potent Storm magic holds Fire and Ice magic at bay

Survivor
Dec 07, 2011
2
So I have researched about Ice and if you will take a minute, to go into the Ice school, go to the left and read the book pedestal it will say in it:

Ice magic will always be more powerful than that of Fire or Storm.

Well that is part of what I have researched, hoped this helped

From: Evan/Dragon/dreamwever or just Evan

Enjoy, see you in the game!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
21
DYLANBERGESON wrote:
~Sorry to any ice wizards out there!~
Ahem ok i think that ice has the most advantage out of any school. They have crazy health, i've seen them with 5,000! i only got around 3,900 or 4,000 (Lvl 72 life wizzy c:) also they have like 40 or 50 resist most of the time. And i know ice was supposed to be one of the weakest schools, cause i read it when finding a school for my character. But if that was the plan OH IT BACKFIRED MAN!! xD They are also now very powerful O: they stun, taunt, have crazy health, crazy resist, critical allot, very powerful at high levels. SOWWY i know i shouldnt complain D: but i think you should have made it differently about ice :c (also evidence that ice is to powerful is most warlords are ice O_O)
~Heather sparkle eyes (life wizzy lvl 72)
~ Heather Bear (death wizzy lvl 3)
~Wolf rain flame (fire wizzy lvl 65)
(Ya ik theres a guys name i share my account wiff my brother)
i agree man and they have tower shield which should be balance.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
brieevan wrote:
So I have researched about Ice and if you will take a minute, to go into the Ice school, go to the left and read the book pedestal it will say in it:

Ice magic will always be more powerful than that of Fire or Storm.

Well that is part of what I have researched, hoped this helped

From: Evan/Dragon/dreamwever or just Evan

Enjoy, see you in the game!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D


"Also, your argument using the school books found in each of the associated classrooms is flawed. The books are inherently biased towards the classes they represent(note how each school's respective titan is in the right and the other 2 are in the wrong). Also if your theory was correct then I would assume that fire should be able to obtain storm and ice immunity and storm to obtain ice and fire immunity and we can all agree that such a proposition is ridiculous. "

The books are flawed. They are biased towards their own school. Simply have ice be more powerful to both fire and storm would put the game out of balance. Each school is to have a weakness to another school.
It is suppose to go fire beats ice while ice beats storm while storm beats fire. Why would they go and make one school more powerful than the rest, especially when they preach the idea of balancing all the schools.

They even have a school of balance. -.-