Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice in pvp

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 17, 2014
Raxxess on Jun 1, 2011 wrote:
Sometimes it is hard because i think ice is a more PvE school and isnt really highly recommended for 1v1s we tend to work best in like 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4.
Insane bolt you know he had a chance of killing himself so its not all that bad and doesnt happen often. Heck Hound to be that good had to have some time to build that up you should have shielded during that time. Balance can
be tough sometimes because they critical like monsters but for the most part they easy. I dont see many myth around the arena anymore but usually i just let them quake and rebuild my blades and shields because they can quake all they want but quake isnt gonna be effective for actually beating the person. Death does have some cheap spells but you know half the death students dont know how use them right if you ask me. Life has triage so try to bring back the old habit of stealing shields and blasting with collosus.

Hope this helped
So agree with the ice and teaming together! I am ice myself and I always have trouble doing pvps by myself. I always prefer teaming up!

Survivor
May 18, 2012
This is ridiculous. Ice is grossly overpowered compared to death. I'm at warlord for what it's worth and I can tell you I've won maybe 2 matches against ice and they were both flukes. For some reason I always go second against them and there is no way to inflict enough damage given their extremely high resist, high block and whatever else they have working for them to even give death wizards a reasonable shot at winning. Even with blades stacked and infallible up there is no way to get a good enough hit in before they've spammed frostbite, snow angel, or ice hound which are all three difficult to defend from. Add that to a wraith only doing 500-600 damage bladed and with gargantuan on it and you've got an invincible character.
The minions are overpowered, have far less "stall" moves than death minions (like blading 4 rounds in a row) and fighting for the bubble is a wasted effort from the second position. No one should be able to heal back 1700 health from a fairy critical and still block every incoming attack.

And now you have people saying this schools needs a BOOST? It's absurd, and definitely another frustrating element to this game. If anything that school needs a bump down but I doubt anything will be done about it.

Survivor
May 18, 2012
And don't get me started on pets that heal three times in a single round. That isn't exclusive to ice but still, another confounding part to this game that makes pvp aggravating.

Survivor
May 18, 2012
If I could edit my posts into one big one I would but here's another rant about this.

If everything was fair and square and the schools equally balanced, why is there such a disproportionate amount of ice school players on the leaderboards compared to every other school? There are currently 77 death players on the leaderboards and nearly 400 ice school players. Could this at all be an indication that the scales are tipped in that school's favor? I don't believe the popularity of the school has anything to do with it when you look at the statistics.

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
JOPIX227 on Nov 10, 2014 wrote:
This is ridiculous. Ice is grossly overpowered compared to death. I'm at warlord for what it's worth and I can tell you I've won maybe 2 matches against ice and they were both flukes. For some reason I always go second against them and there is no way to inflict enough damage given their extremely high resist, high block and whatever else they have working for them to even give death wizards a reasonable shot at winning. Even with blades stacked and infallible up there is no way to get a good enough hit in before they've spammed frostbite, snow angel, or ice hound which are all three difficult to defend from. Add that to a wraith only doing 500-600 damage bladed and with gargantuan on it and you've got an invincible character.
The minions are overpowered, have far less "stall" moves than death minions (like blading 4 rounds in a row) and fighting for the bubble is a wasted effort from the second position. No one should be able to heal back 1700 health from a fairy critical and still block every incoming attack.

And now you have people saying this schools needs a BOOST? It's absurd, and definitely another frustrating element to this game. If anything that school needs a bump down but I doubt anything will be done about it.
Look at the date of their post. Then you will see why they saying ice needs boost.
They were talking when Waterworks came out and WinterTusk got added.