Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice in pvp

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
96
KieranUni on Jul 14, 2012 wrote:
A lot of Ice wizards have been saying that their resist downgrades their other stats. Well that is a lie. I theoretically made an Archmage Ice with some gear to prove it. Here are his/her's stats.

Health: 5096
Damage: 32%
Global Resist: 31% + pet
Storm Resist: 59% +pet
Fire Resist: 70% + pet
Accuracy in Total: 88%
Critical: 154 (Ice Only)
Critical Block: 128 Global, 182 Ice
Power Pip Chance: 63% + pet
Heal Boost: 15% Outgoing, 4% Incoming.

Those are the overall stats.
The gear used in this:
Hat: Horned Helmet
Robe: Shivering Breath Robes
Boots: Blistering Breeze Footguards
Wand: Highland Walking Stick
Athame: Lexicon Blade
Amulet: Knight of the Wyrd's Pendant
Ring: Elissa's Chill Band
Pet: Starfish/etc.
The only downgraded stat I see is Power Pip Chance, which can be increase by a pet. All of this gear is crafted or farmable, so you do not have to spend any crowns to get any this.
Please state your opinions on this.

Thanks,
SPARX789

I have a ice wizard and he has better gear than that.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
589
Ice is not overpowered, they can't kill people, and you should use infallible if your facing them, and if your storm or fire, have converts.

Delver
Oct 11, 2010
270
warlordperfection on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:
Ice is not overpowered, they can't kill people, and you should use infallible if your facing them, and if your storm or fire, have converts.
also pets that may cast ice/life dispels can help alot if you 1v1

Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
1
Not all ice has to have low damage, you know. For example, my ice has these stats at level 84:
Health: 4674
Damage: 16% universal, 47% to ice (with pain-giver from pet)
Resist: 49% universal, 62% to fire and storm (plus proof and defy from pet)
Power Pip: 70%
Accuracy: 4% universal, 9% to ice
Critical: 42 universal, 144 to ice
Block: 122 universal
Healing: 19% in, 23% out

I have low health because i gave some of it up to have higher damage and power pips. Just because ice USUALLY has high health and resist, doesn't mean they always have to. I've seen some storm with the same amount of damage as me but with really high resist. It just depends with what kind of gear you have on that give you an amount of stats

Btw, the gear I have is:
Frostbit Hood
Woodland Tribal Coat (crafted)
Frostbit Boots
Trickster's Lying Bow
Lexicon Blade
Life Mastery Amulet
Wintertusk Ring of Valor (crafted)

Survivor
Nov 06, 2011
5
Shayden181 on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
I have a ice wizard and he has better gear than that.
I see your point and i see these comments a lot i am a ice wizard and ill tell you my weaknesses we do not get high critical like other schools and our gear is not the best if you think the resist is high, use pierce blades and austral spells. All ice is made for is to survive and attack to kill their opponent while doing it if you stack pierce treasure cards and normal cards. ice is just a counter every school has a school that is a challenge ice just happens to give storm and fire a challenge because if you look at all gear and spells fire and storm should have the most pierce. Hope i helped !

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
40
I believe this is the best ice gear
hornet helmet
woodland tribe robe
cool sun pyramid boot
courtly dirk
stellar signet
storm beetle pet: proof defying pixie pain giver sprite
wand: lvl 90 madolion of evermore

damage: (ice) 38%
resist: 43 universal, 76 fire, 72 storm
heal boost: 56% income 33% outgoing
power pip chance: 70
critical: 137 ice only
accuracy: 8% ice 3% life

Survivor
Apr 24, 2011
1
My wizard is storm. I have gone against ice wizards in pvp before and their resist over storm is usually between 65% and 90%. ice is way overpowered

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
Again, I am storm, I have defeated Ice in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 matches, Ice has great resistance, Life has Guardian Spirit, but I have a strategy and expect these things from these schools and plan for it.

The only thing that is truly overpowered, is my ability and strategy. I dont whine and cry about things, I accept them and plan for them.

I am not sure why I am the only one that can do this, not sure why nobody else seems to be able to accomplish this task and have to say, life/ice/myth etc is overpowered!

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1072
nick468d on Feb 8, 2013 wrote:
I believe this is the best ice gear
hornet helmet
woodland tribe robe
cool sun pyramid boot
courtly dirk
stellar signet
storm beetle pet: proof defying pixie pain giver sprite
wand: lvl 90 madolion of evermore

damage: (ice) 38%
resist: 43 universal, 76 fire, 72 storm
heal boost: 56% income 33% outgoing
power pip chance: 70
critical: 137 ice only
accuracy: 8% ice 3% life
I do agree with the Horned Helmet and the Woodland Tribal robe, as they have the best overall stats. The other pieces of gear I switch around quite frequently depending on what stats I want at the time.

With the current combination:

Health: 6102
Damage: 45%
Resist: 84 Fire, 80 Storm, 51 to all others
Healing: 25% in (I don't need much)
Pips: 72%
Critical: 182
Block: 143+ universal (I think it's higher, but can't remember)
Accuracy: +6% (or more, depending on gear)
Pet: Polar Cat - Proof, Defy, Pain Giver, Spritely, Fairy

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
8
I have an archmage Ice and i think he is overpowered.

Health: 5564
Mana: 296
Resist: 90% resist fire, 87% resist storm, 57% global.
Damage: 32%
Healing: 24%
Pip Chance: 59% (not good)
Critical: 132
Block: 142 universal, 197 frost
Accuracy: 6%
Pet: Proof 8%, Defy 4%, and unicorn

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
193
Rony The Turtle on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
Celestial Snow Smock - 17% Universal Resist
Boots from Pack: 16% Universal Resist
Frostbit Hat: 12%
Heartsteel: 5%
Pet: 15%
Ring: 3%
68% universal resist. If not 62% from Frostbit boots.
They can have 27% from pet with double proof glitch and 2 selfish talents.
That's a max of 80% Universal resist. Not OP? You all must be insane.
Heartsteel means much lower (possibly) power pip, health, mana (not needed in PvP), (possibly) and heals (inc. or out)

Maximum isn't always reached, and that's just picking out the best of the best (possibly) and some people such as me haven't even heard of the double proof glitch. Like others said, very good one thing means really bad something else.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
193
I have posted this in an Ice wizard's point of view for the discussion of the high Ice resist, and thank you everyone for reading this gigantic statement of mine.

I believe I have found a reason for Ice's resist, and it is in the Waterworks gear.

I can understand everything about the waterworks gear difference between storm and ice EXCEPT three things: damage, resist, and accuracy. These statements are about the waterworks hat, robe, and boots.

Statistics

Damage: While Ice gets +34% damage, Storm gets +67%. That is nearly double of what Ice wizards get.

Resist: Ice gets +34% glob. resist, Storm gets +26% glob. resist.

Accuracy: Ice gets +9% glob. accuracy and Storm gets +22%. In total, an Ice attack has 89% accuracy and a Storm attack has 92% accuracy. Has storm gone from worst to best?

Ratio outcomes

The damage-resist ratios are:
Ice damage to storm damage: Ice is 50.7% of Storm's damage
Storm resist to ice resist: Storm is 76.5% of Ice's resist.

Reasoning

I think the reason is that 50.7% is not similar to 76.5%. This is excluding accuracy, though. I also don't see why Storm wizards have gone from worst to best accuracy. This might also be a contributing factor to this ultra-high Ice resist. Storm's damage isn't at +51%, and neither does it have +17% resist.

Explorer
Nov 29, 2012
66
You have to remember that storm has very low health and low/decent global resist. Storm may have the accuracy and the damage because they need it. On the other hand, ice has decent accuracy, low damage, and high resist.

Ice was created to be a defensive school and not a high resist and big damage class, while storm was meant to be the damage dealer with not a lot of defense. In the end it isn't meant to be the same in every school because they all have their ups and downs.

One question too. What about fire? Ice can resist them quite a bit too. Do you think it's the same or do you consider it more balanced?

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
193
CPS Cole on May 11, 2013 wrote:
You have to remember that storm has very low health and low/decent global resist. Storm may have the accuracy and the damage because they need it. On the other hand, ice has decent accuracy, low damage, and high resist.

Ice was created to be a defensive school and not a high resist and big damage class, while storm was meant to be the damage dealer with not a lot of defense. In the end it isn't meant to be the same in every school because they all have their ups and downs.

One question too. What about fire? Ice can resist them quite a bit too. Do you think it's the same or do you consider it more balanced?
I think it might be the same to fire...

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
SchicksalBestimmun... on May 10, 2013 wrote:
I have posted this in an Ice wizard's point of view for the discussion of the high Ice resist, and thank you everyone for reading this gigantic statement of mine.

I believe I have found a reason for Ice's resist, and it is in the Waterworks gear.

I can understand everything about the waterworks gear difference between storm and ice EXCEPT three things: damage, resist, and accuracy. These statements are about the waterworks hat, robe, and boots.

Statistics

Damage: While Ice gets +34% damage, Storm gets +67%. That is nearly double of what Ice wizards get.

Resist: Ice gets +34% glob. resist, Storm gets +26% glob. resist.

Accuracy: Ice gets +9% glob. accuracy and Storm gets +22%. In total, an Ice attack has 89% accuracy and a Storm attack has 92% accuracy. Has storm gone from worst to best?

Ratio outcomes

The damage-resist ratios are:
Ice damage to storm damage: Ice is 50.7% of Storm's damage
Storm resist to ice resist: Storm is 76.5% of Ice's resist.

Reasoning

I think the reason is that 50.7% is not similar to 76.5%. This is excluding accuracy, though. I also don't see why Storm wizards have gone from worst to best accuracy. This might also be a contributing factor to this ultra-high Ice resist. Storm's damage isn't at +51%, and neither does it have +17% resist.
Here people, KI responds to complaints. People who were pre-waterworks know that ice dominated cause they could get resist AND balanced stats easily with the celstian snow smock & the rest of that set. People complained and they came out with waterworks gear now guess what? The 34% resist is the highest amount by about 2% Myth follows that amount right behind it. So no longer did Ice become a superpower. Okay good, Ice isn't OP anymore great game more balanced and everything. Awesome. But like Justin said, Storm gets 67% and Ice gets 34%. This is when I used to dread PvPing cause there were storms everywhere. At this moment I have a Myth wizard who is level 60 with no waterworks gear, only crafted Wintertusk gear. The most common enemy I face is Storm. I got one shotted recently by a Storm with a crit wild bolt on the first turn. At level 60 I would say that Storm could be considered OP. Another example of responce is one that little people know of. CRAFTED GEAR. And you say its amazing and that its unbeatable. You complained about it and now the Azteca gear gives LESS resist than the Avalon! So we go up 10 levels and we get less resist! Guess what, KI does respond.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
17
Every school has it's perks. Ice is just the shield of the Ravenwood School of Magical Arts just like storm is the sword. Don't be upset about the fact that one school is weaker than the other or has more or less accuracy or resist. The system was designed that way because think about this: If storm had the resist and health of ice while retaining it's high damage capabilities then the game would be pretty lame. In order for the game to be interesting, every school MUST have a flaw in it somewhere. That encourages us to build on that flaw and excel beyond it. That's what makes us really powerful wizards. Or you could group with a person or persons so you can easily make up for each other's natural flaws. Thinking outside the box is key in life.

Cya in the Spiral
Blake TitanCaller Lvl 88

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
194
Wow. I never thought about this. Still though, waterworks gear might be one of Ice's weaknesses, but you must realize that when they use crafted gear you can never get rid of 'em. Sadly I know how hard it is.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
19
ice is starting to be so powerful. I have fought against ice warlords that have 100 resist!!!! that's just not right

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
70
I am an ice wizard, and I disagree. Ice has certain qualities that help with this, but overall it is strategy and planning that give a wizard their power. Stacking up on TCs and getting good clothing can boost your power greatly. Also, going against people your own level will most definitely even the odds. Ice wizards work just as hard to gain their advantages as other schools, and they lack things that other school have. Ice wizards should stop being bashed for being "impossible" to beat.
Emmaline Iceshard
Lvl.48 Master Thaumaturge

Delver
Jun 26, 2009
240
Here are two cards that you should add to your deck (or side deck, TC versions are more powerful) that will chew right through an Ice wizards resist.

INFALLIBLE
www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Infallible

UNSTOPPABLE
www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Unstoppable

God help them if you boost a card with unstoppable when you have the infallible aura in play.

Stop complaining and learn the game.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
19
Emmaline Iceshard I was not saying you cant have treasure cards. But I was saying that ice's crafting gear way too powerful. I am just saying storm has 42 resist and ice has 100 they aren't even close. I still love ice but it shouldn't be this strong. when we were at level 50 minimum ice was weak but now when we are at level 90 you cant compete with ice. vs if you have storm vs ice. almost always comes out as a winner.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
I agree, and I use to have a level 71 ice myself. But I don't play her anymore and now I am mainly a fire. 50 resist universal, 5000 health and 80+ resist to 2 schools is a little bit overpowered.
-Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1072
THE GREAT ONE on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
Emmaline Iceshard I was not saying you cant have treasure cards. But I was saying that ice's crafting gear way too powerful. I am just saying storm has 42 resist and ice has 100 they aren't even close. I still love ice but it shouldn't be this strong. when we were at level 50 minimum ice was weak but now when we are at level 90 you cant compete with ice. vs if you have storm vs ice. almost always comes out as a winner.
It is not possible for Ice to have 100% resist to any school with crafted gear.

Ice is made for defense, while other schools are made for offense. Storm can have 2x - 3x damage boost than Ice. Base attack spell damage is much more for Storm than Ice. Storm can have 2x - 3x more critical than Ice. Storm also has better access to accuracy boosts than Ice does. The list goes on. People keep complaining about Ice resist, when other schools have their own advantages. Learn to use the strengths while overcoming the weaknesses.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1072
Moonlighterz1000 on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
I agree, and I use to have a level 71 ice myself. But I don't play her anymore and now I am mainly a fire. 50 resist universal, 5000 health and 80+ resist to 2 schools is a little bit overpowered.
-Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer.
Not over-powered, just different compared to other schools.

I worked really hard to get the stats that I have with my L90 Ice. I also worked really hard to learn everything I could about my school and it's spells. I don't have resist immunity to any school, because I want a well-balanced school that can be great at defense and offense. I carry several pieces of gear that I can switch to depending on what or whom I'm fighting that can change my stats dramatically.

I play all of the other schools, but I find Ice is my favorite. Not everyone will feel this way. Some think the school is too easy, some will not. It all depends on how you play it, just like any other school.

Brynn
L90 Ice - 6100+ health and other excellent stats

Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
19
when you said there isn't a way to have a 100% resist. I was not lying he was a ice warlord that had a pet with at least 30 to 40 and he had the heartsteel and the crafting gear which made him have 100 percent resist in fire and in storm. Every time I casted a spell it said did not do any damage. now I still love the ice magic I still don't think they should get all the resist they want. and if they put on enough blades and traps you might as well flee because they are about to do a 1600 each round snow angel or a frost giant. If I sound mean I am so sorry but that is the truth and I cant help if I sound a little bit harsh but I am sharing my opinion.