Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice in pvp

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 20, 2013
61
Not at all. Ice is the weakest school. So that means they get better armor and more health, but the other way around with storm.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
THE GREAT ONE on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
when you said there isn't a way to have a 100% resist. I was not lying he was a ice warlord that had a pet with at least 30 to 40 and he had the heartsteel and the crafting gear which made him have 100 percent resist in fire and in storm. Every time I casted a spell it said did not do any damage. now I still love the ice magic I still don't think they should get all the resist they want. and if they put on enough blades and traps you might as well flee because they are about to do a 1600 each round snow angel or a frost giant. If I sound mean I am so sorry but that is the truth and I cant help if I sound a little bit harsh but I am sharing my opinion.
Okay. Now you have expanded your explanation to include other pieces of gear and pets. I say this, because in your previous post, you stated:

"But I was saying that ice's crafting gear way too powerful."

Which I stated that there isn't any way Ice can have 100% immunity to any school with crafted gear.

If this warlord is using Heartsteel and a pet with universal resist and school specific resist, yes, it is possible to have immunity to one or two schools. However, you didn't state what level the Ice wizard was. I am assuming a high level, because it is the Avalon gear that gives the highest resist to Storm and Fire and the best universal resist. Also, if the pet is pretty much all resist talents, they will be lacking in damage boosts and healing capability (lacking either sprite, fairy, unicorn or lacking all of them).

These are the type of Ice wizards that when using converts, damage can be done to them. Ever really looked at that Ice wizards stats? I bet the overall stats aren't very good. This includes damage boost, health and other stats. They were made for defense only, and nothing left over for offense, which means they aren't going to hit very hard.

A Storm can use a convert, infallible, unstoppable, etc, to bring down the resist percentage, and to keep Ice from hitting much, they have enfeeble, which takes away blades.

There is no way to pack your deck for every possible battle contingency, but having some of the basics, and learning what your school can and can't do goes a long ways in helping to win matches.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
In order to get that good of resist, an ice needs to do something along the lines of using crafted robe and hat, jade boots 90+, heartsteel, elissa's chill band, and a pet with 10% universal 5% universal and about 13% school specific resist with pet. With that I believe you get about 60% universal resist and 100-103% storm and fire. now too get that, you need to do all the crafting quests up until the gear, spend money on packs for your jade boots, buy or farm from gobblestone castle a heartsteel, fight queen elissa until she drops her ring, and continuously train and hatch pets until you finally manage to get a good resistance one. Personally, if your so diligent about getting that resist you'll spend that much time and money, then ok that's fine, It's not like storm's can't work themselves the same way to get 120% damage. I doubt there is all that many ice characters out there who actually managed to get to that level of resist; on top of that, when you have that your damage boost is still only about 50% or less, assuming your using a wand that's mostly for block then you probably only have about 150 critical rate, with heartsteel and elissa's band your healing in and out won't be all that great, and people can still easily prism with infallible and extraordinary and get your resistance amount down to about 25-35%. Ice has to have this kind of resistance to make up for the fact that they have to blade and blade and blade to hit much damage, and shields, debuffs, or earth can ruin anything they try to do easily.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2012
19
hey I`m a level 76·I've is truly powerful . if your past level 68 you might win because Woolly mammoth can cause lot of damage if you put I've I've ice blade, elements blade, and ice trap. I reached to warlord 1216 rating I`m kicking it out there

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
17
I am a way too low on PVP because you think ice is overpowered. I am in fire and you are too powerful and I disagree. most people think Fire is the best one of them all. Steven level 40 Fire

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Ice does not have good damage or any school healing spells, so it needs resist and health. If it did not have these, ice would be a worthless school that no one would use if they knew what they were doing.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
THE GREAT ONE on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
ice is starting to be so powerful. I have fought against ice warlords that have 100 resist!!!! that's just not right
Ok, and life with the Jade Gear is 80%, that's just not right. Imo, Guardian Spirit is just not right, and some
think that Mana burn is just not right.... but it's all part of the game. Plus, no amount of complaining is
going to change that, based on what KI has responded with.

Now, I have watched Ice after Ice go down to defeat, some that had 79 resist, and some that had over 90 resist. Each time, the opposing player built up for a big single hit, while casting out Myth dispels at random times.

Then a -20 infallible tc, and a shatter and it was gg. Yeah, thinking up a good strategy and then getting it to work is hard, I agree. My opinion is, if others can do it, then yeah, so can I.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
488
Not at the beginning.

My ice had to cry for a level 77 to help her defeat all three final bosses of the three streets. And, she needed help on lady blackhope!

Molly66
Savannah8
Destiny11

"A wizard is a wizard, no matter how weak or strong"

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
41
I find it funny your complaining about another school with a name like mighty one. lol

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
41
Forgive me I meant the great one guess I was laughing to hard

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
333
I'm not going to say any school is overpowered, but the day a school can become immune to attacks, I think it's time to open our eyes.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
35
Ice can be a bit powerful if your fire and storm without knowledge on how to combat them.
A Ice archmage can reach 47%global,104%, 76%resist with frost shrine slippers(crowns),Avalon crafted hat, robe, and a pet with proof(10%),defy(5%),fireproof(10%),fire ward(14%),fairy for healing This is where convert,spears and infallible become your best buddies it just takes a bit of planning and timing ice doesn't have the best damage and cannot blade so easily against fire and storm after all.

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
193
we all know that KI gave ice resist. but for storm and fire, the 2 schools that give the biggest hits, leave them pretty much powerless. in monster fights thats okay but pvp its unfair to those 2 schools. they should at least lower it. storm and fire rely on the damage they do. like fire, we dont have a lot of defense spells, our main defense is damage over time witch is reduced to mainly nothing due to ice resist. storm also rely's on damage. as for the other schools they do less damage and this is unfair to them to. KI should give everyone else something like that to even it out. thats all.

-jack skullbreeze master of fire

" knowledge is power, use it wisely"

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Ice is a defensive school. If it did not have good resist and health, it would not be a good school. All you need to do is convert or use armor piercing. My fire, if I get it set up right, can do 5000 with a heckhound on ice. Ice needs better resist to the schools with the biggest hits, because without that better resist, it would die easily to them.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2013
16
alexmf2 on May 31, 2011 wrote:
Let me tell you all the reasons ice needs to be boosted, one for each school

Storm: insane bolt is completely insane! Here is what happened to me one battle: he went first. He used feint, and then a critical insane bolt. I died second turn.

Fire: a heckhound did a thousand damage every turn. This was with -70 shields...

Death: now death has a variety of cheap spells. That damage then healing spell is crazy in that it gets rid of DOT spells. A critical wraith on a minion also just brings them back to full health.

Balance: if anything, they need to be boosted. Way to easy :)

Myth: earthquake completely gets rid of blades and shields, both ice need very much.

Life: nothing much to complain about here

The last update has done nothing to help ice. Frozen armor is worthless now that there are so many ways to get rid of shield, and all legion shield does is help others. Ice NEEDS to get boosted.

If I may say ice type don't need to be boosted we have I health the highest I've ever seen was 5327 for ice that has to be a record us ice type have tower shield I armor which is per pips and we have so good gear the only Scholl that should be boosted is fire because there the second most know to fizzle

Survivor
Aug 14, 2012
19
i got 55% of resist. i know ice could be vthe weakesd school but i keep useing frozen armor not any more ice needs to boosted anyway. damage dosen't really matter so what i did is cast a over time spell with all i got and used a couloses. i know i dosen't help but it works! use a tower sheiled
level 76

Survivor
Aug 14, 2012
19
hey dspyre! i seen over 124 fires in my whole wizard life, i think it has to be boosted i have a fire level 52 my days with him are over that the only wizard i play on and other wizards i founed a procses that makes ice powerfullyou use all your positives and use your attack like attacking a woolly mamoth so i get gear with i resist i have no damage

Survivor
Aug 14, 2012
19
i beat a level 80 i won he was not easy. i used a healing spels him too! i use my last card frost giant he lost am i beat a storm with full health to some of his spells were weak on me

Survivor
Aug 14, 2012
19
I have a pet with 11 resist 9 resist may cast sprite spell may cast

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
OhThatKid123 on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
If I may say ice type don't need to be boosted we have I health the highest I've ever seen was 5327 for ice that has to be a record us ice type have tower shield I armor which is per pips and we have so good gear the only Scholl that should be boosted is fire because there the second most know to fizzle
LOL. Actually, the highest Ice health I've seen was 6475. That would be my Ice when I use my best health gear (which has kinda icky stats). However, my running around gear for PvE has 6120 health. It's the highest I've seen on any Ice I've run across. I've even used this same gear for PvP, but I usually use my gear that gives me 5700 - 5900 health during battles.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2012
19
ultimitewarlord on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
hey I`m a level 76·I've is truly powerful . if your past level 68 you might win because Woolly mammoth can cause lot of damage if you put I've I've ice blade, elements blade, and ice trap. I reached to warlord 1216 rating I`m kicking it out there
yes i have the coat 15 resist mystery jade hood mystery jade shoes with pet i changed gear yesterday. i have other i wiz level 60 he warlord to. because i use, ice blade , elementel blade, and i forgot the other thing that blows up and ampily somthing cast with snow angel evrey time 77 ice wiz with my little friend level 60 ice wiz

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
ultimitewarlord on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
I have a pet with 11 resist 9 resist may cast sprite spell may cast
No. You don't. and you repeated may cast a couple times. The calculation for finding resists are, for the defy named ones, ((Str+Agi)x2)+Pwr/250. The ones with proof in the name are ((Str+Agi)x2)+Pwr/125. The amount for resistances with ward in the name is (((Str+Agi)x2)+Pwr)x3/250.Therefore, a pet with an 8% proof resistance, has a 12% ward resistance, and a 4% defy resistance. There is no way to get 11 9, because any increase to one of the stats will also increase the other forms of resist. Please don't try to lie on the message boards, all of us can catch it easily, and if you are going to lie, AT LEAST give us the decency of doing a little research so its halfway credible.

-Calculation Eidetic.

Survivor
May 13, 2011
16
Guys, every school has it's strengths and weaknesses! Ice is high resist and health. It's weakness? Damage and
Critical. Now yes, crafted gear is powerful, but those people WORKED for them, meaning that they bought the supplies to make it. They earned it. Now, I know some of still say DoT spells are useless in pvp. But note, if the enemy does have Triage, think, what school is it? Answer, life! What can i do to prevent them from using it? Life dispel! Even if they do remove it, it will mostly likely be after it does at least one of its damage. If its very low, then just dont care. If it's high, still just dont care. You did some damage. You softened them up. Plus, it helps show their resist, so you then know that its either very low or very high.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2012
19
ultimitewarlord on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
hey I`m a level 76·I've is truly powerful . if your past level 68 you might win because Woolly mammoth can cause lot of damage if you put I've I've ice blade, elements blade, and ice trap. I reached to warlord 1216 rating I`m kicking it out there
every school has it's strageay it dosen't matter about damage. it matters about resistance the most if a storm has i damage and you have high resist the attack will be reaguler and if he has low resist and low health attack him with snow angel. if is a fire and life and stuff the spell might be useless about healing is about using other scholls together it's about stealing health about over time spells about losing positives at your aponeit about most critical and damage but still you can pick storm no proplem if it's strageay is that is in the top about high resist and stun level 77 ice

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
1
I see his point, and I agree with him. I'm an and hardly any of my friends are ever on or are strong enough to help me. Ice should get a spell that's damage depends on how many pips the wizard has, since ice is somewhat weak. Hoped this help!

Jeremy Skyflame
Level 45 Ice Wizard