Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice in pvp

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 19, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
As a rule, Ice doesn't get much Critical, nor Critical block. It takes a lot of mixing and matching gear to make these somewhat acceptable, but you do lose a lot in other stats.

Another thing, using the same-school wand is not a smart choice. Now, if they made Ice boosts on a Fire wand, or a Life wand, or any other school, I might think about it, but I will NOT use same school wands. A waste of my time and gear.

The wand I use now has 110 univ block and 65 univ critical and it is not a same-school wand. Having something that seemingly looks good doesn't mean Ice wizards want to use it.
Think your describing a Lunar Scepter of Anubis; which is a pretty dang good ice wand, as it gives ice hits for shield breaking, or other school hits for not using your blades. It's also crowns only, from packs, which is no assurance you'll get it. The Hade's wand is a good wand for someone who can't drop lots of money on this game; if I wasn't also one of those people, I'd probably have the Hade's wand on my ice. It's "A waste of time and gear" vs. "A waste of your actual money."

Survivor
May 10, 2009
alexmf2 on May 31, 2011 wrote:
Let me tell you all the reasons ice needs to be boosted, one for each school

Storm: insane bolt is completely insane! Here is what happened to me one battle: he went first. He used feint, and then a critical insane bolt. I died second turn.

Fire: a heckhound did a thousand damage every turn. This was with -70 shields...

Death: now death has a variety of cheap spells. That damage then healing spell is crazy in that it gets rid of DOT spells. A critical wraith on a minion also just brings them back to full health.

Balance: if anything, they need to be boosted. Way to easy :)

Myth: earthquake completely gets rid of blades and shields, both ice need very much.

Life: nothing much to complain about here

The last update has done nothing to help ice. Frozen armor is worthless now that there are so many ways to get rid of shield, and all legion shield does is help others. Ice NEEDS to get boosted.

I can't even believe i am hearing this. Ice does not need to be boosted cause they are way to overpowered with there resistance and critical block and health which makes it impossible to kill them and then they just use ice angel. They start of with an insane amount of health which you can't bring down because of there insane resistance.

Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
Darth JT on Jun 2, 2011 wrote:
Earthquake is a 6 pip spell, not a 4 pip spell!!! Being said, it takes 3 power pips if you have the myth amulet... Also, most people use the lifeforce blade in PvP, which has more critical block than they would a myth blade! That, or they use the opposite blade of their schools, to deal with shield by using converts.

Myth Dispel, it a 2 pips spell, or 1 power pip if you have a myth amulet. Everything here goes both ways!

Another thing, if you are playing 1v1 then snow angel is not the best spell to use anyway. So, cast frost bite, to deal with irritating shields, or steal them, then use colossus!

Triage is an excuse, not a real reason Ice, Death, and Fire lose in PvP! Every school can get around it, you just have to think and know how to hit, when to hit, and what is best to hit with!

I have no problems in PvP, although, I am a lot more advanced than most players. I am giving you good tips though, how to increase your game, take them under advisement!
Thx for correcting that guy about the earthquake spell, you stopped me from having to make a big speech LOL

Survivor
Jul 04, 2011

Storm: insane bolt is completely insane! Here is what happened to me one battle: he went first. He used feint, and then a critical insane bolt. I died second turn.

Fire: a heckhound did a thousand damage every turn. This was with -70 shields...

Death: now death has a variety of cheap spells. That damage then healing spell is crazy in that it gets rid of DOT spells. A critical wraith on a minion also just brings them back to full health.

Myth: earthquake completely gets rid of blades and shields, both ice need very much.

The last update has done nothing to help ice. Frozen armor is worthless now that there are so many ways to get rid of shield, and all legion shield does is help others. Ice NEEDS to get boosted.

Well now in 2013 ice is WAY too overpowered in pvp, so i guess you've got nothing to complain about.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010

If you are this disappointed with ice then you are most likely a bad wizard. From what i know now-a-days ice have extreme resist, (70-90 fire and storm 30 rest) high health, (4500-7000), good accuracy (20-40), and expertise critical block (150-400). Ice is so far the hardest for me to beat (being storm) especially because most ice are defensive. So i have no idea what you are complaining about? The only way you can have a hard time with playing ice is if you have noob gear and cast random spells. Other than that i say get a cookie. XD

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
DarkstormsZ on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
If you are this disappointed with ice then you are most likely a bad wizard. From what i know now-a-days ice have extreme resist, (70-90 fire and storm 30 rest) high health, (4500-7000), good accuracy (20-40), and expertise critical block (150-400). Ice is so far the hardest for me to beat (being storm) especially because most ice are defensive. So i have no idea what you are complaining about? The only way you can have a hard time with playing ice is if you have noob gear and cast random spells. Other than that i say get a cookie. XD
Just so you know, coming from an Ice its more like

Resist = 78 fire, 72 storm, 40-45 all

High health = 4500-5500

Accuracy = 9 (which equals 11% chance to fizzle)

Critical block = 150-200

But now it is more like this (I'm in favor of this shift) THANK YOU ALEX LIONHEART, who in his "frozen" guide makes an attack based Ice build (not saying he was the only who found it) I am starting to see more and more ice's with:

60+ attack

60-65 resist to fire 30 overall

170-270 critical

Lower block

So more stats that have attacking or offensive build to them

Wolf Skullslinger (working on this build)

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Nah. Prefer my setup

Health: 6120
Resist: 84 Fire, 80 Storm, 51 to all others
Accuracy: +6
Critical: 202
Block: 212 Fire, 247 Ice, 252 Storm, 173 to all others
Damage: 45
PP's: 74

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Wolf Skullslinger on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
Just so you know, coming from an Ice its more like

Resist = 78 fire, 72 storm, 40-45 all

High health = 4500-5500

Accuracy = 9 (which equals 11% chance to fizzle)

Critical block = 150-200

But now it is more like this (I'm in favor of this shift) THANK YOU ALEX LIONHEART, who in his "frozen" guide makes an attack based Ice build (not saying he was the only who found it) I am starting to see more and more ice's with:

60+ attack

60-65 resist to fire 30 overall

170-270 critical

Lower block

So more stats that have attacking or offensive build to them

Wolf Skullslinger (working on this build)
The Aquila Alpha and Omega Ring and Blade of the Fallen Titan help Ice get SO much more damage. Using Those with Amulet of Divine Influence, level 76+ crafted hat and robe, jade boots, and a glinting dragon lance on my ice (With a triple ice damage fairy spell proof pet), has gotten me up to

64% damage

260 critical

51 universal resist 84 fire 80 storm

175 Block

This is about as good of a compromise between offense and defense as I've found I'm sure someone out there has much better.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
well since there is a avalon and azteca and aquila worlds now thats should take care of your problem my ice friend has 7,000 health 70 resist for every school

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
I think ice does all right in pvp compared to balance. Balance is the school that needs help.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
As of now, Ice is weaker than storm and still out performing fire.

I would say fire and balance need to be kept in check with this update.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
Nah. Prefer my setup

Health: 6120
Resist: 84 Fire, 80 Storm, 51 to all others
Accuracy: +6
Critical: 202
Block: 212 Fire, 247 Ice, 252 Storm, 173 to all others
Damage: 45
PP's: 74
Very nice Stats. This should dispel (pun intended) all Ice who think if they have high resist to fire and storm the other stats suffer. No, the other stats do not suffer at all.

Ice gets way better overall stats than ANY school.

Fire has a strategic burden just to battle Ice. Fire needs converts, spears and other pierce gear. And all that comes at a huge cost in damage. Fire overtime spells - which are their strength - are valueless against ICE.

I don't like the ICE wizard - nothing personal to you guys and gals that have them.

It's just pointless to me if you are Ice and you PVP against Fire and Storm with 80 and above resist.
  • There is no competition
  • There is no challenge
  • There effort or strategy for Ice to PVP against fire and storm.

What's the point if your opponent can only hit 20% damage of each spell?

In my opinion, Kings Isle should give Ice immunity to all schools now and at the same time, give Ice 10,000 health now. Ice is practically there anyway with immunity against Balance Fire and Storm and 6000+ health.

Kings Isle likes the drama and futility they've created, and will never do anything about it until more customers leave the game. Kings Isle leadership doesn't understand the futility and hurt felt by fire and storm wizards because of Ice's high resistance. Kings Isle doesn't understand that nothing in the game matters more to Fire and storm than Ice's high resistance. Ice's High resistance to fire and storm is the poison that overrides all the good in the game. Kings Isle leadership doesn't care.

I've said this before to you Ice Wizards - Make a fire, and battle an Ice who was the stats above. Only then will you understand.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Simple Sorcery on Nov 23, 2013 wrote:
Very nice Stats. This should dispel (pun intended) all Ice who think if they have high resist to fire and storm the other stats suffer. No, the other stats do not suffer at all.

Ice gets way better overall stats than ANY school.

Fire has a strategic burden just to battle Ice. Fire needs converts, spears and other pierce gear. And all that comes at a huge cost in damage. Fire overtime spells - which are their strength - are valueless against ICE.

I don't like the ICE wizard - nothing personal to you guys and gals that have them.

It's just pointless to me if you are Ice and you PVP against Fire and Storm with 80 and above resist.
  • There is no competition
  • There is no challenge
  • There effort or strategy for Ice to PVP against fire and storm.

What's the point if your opponent can only hit 20% damage of each spell?

In my opinion, Kings Isle should give Ice immunity to all schools now and at the same time, give Ice 10,000 health now. Ice is practically there anyway with immunity against Balance Fire and Storm and 6000+ health.

Kings Isle likes the drama and futility they've created, and will never do anything about it until more customers leave the game. Kings Isle leadership doesn't understand the futility and hurt felt by fire and storm wizards because of Ice's high resistance. Kings Isle doesn't understand that nothing in the game matters more to Fire and storm than Ice's high resistance. Ice's High resistance to fire and storm is the poison that overrides all the good in the game. Kings Isle leadership doesn't care.

I've said this before to you Ice Wizards - Make a fire, and battle an Ice who was the stats above. Only then will you understand.
Actually, it doesn't dispel anything. What people complain about is the 'immunity' ice can obtain to fire and storm. That's when Ice stats tank, because when only resist or immunity are priority, everything else goes by the wayside.

There are a lot of things between all schools that are good and bad. Ice's potential high resistance is in no way poison that overrides the good in the game. It baffles me, even after all of the discussion about Ice resist, that people can't activate their brain cells and THINK for a change.

Wonder why Ice and other schools have the potential for higher Fire and Storm resist? Hmm, let's see. Higher base damage, higher damage boost, higher accuracy boost, higher critical. Those are things people should talk about but don't, because they don't want their precious schools nerfed ..... so, let's mention the one thing Ice is good at, which is DEFENSE ..... Fire and Storm equals OFFENSE.

Crafted gear past Avalon for Ice is horrible. People focus on the Fire and Storm resist, but they forget that the universal resist has decreased significantly past Avalon gear, plus other stats decreased. Ice has a difficult time finding gear that has decent accuracy, critical, pips, healing, and damage.

So, when an average Ice wizard has about 35% damage boost, and Storm wizards can get damage boosts from 80-130%, do you think that's fair?

Each school has their own advantage and disadvantage. I think PvP needs to be completely overhauled, and completely separate from the MAIN part of the game, which is PvE. For KI to put in changes that the PvP'ers want, certain schools will be unable to play the game the way it's intended. Sorry, but PvP is a tiny side portion of the game program and should not dictate how spells or gear should be implemented for the majority of players, who are PvE. THAT is what poisons all the good in the game.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Not so fast my cold, Ice friend.
Please don't put words in my message.

I said: Ice can have High resistance to fire, and none of their other stats suffer. I did not say Immunity.

And, actually your stats dispel the myth that Ice stats suffer if they have high resistance to fire and storm.

Just look at your Stats Brynner. Take a close look.

You are a prime example of what I am saying. Your stats dispel any argument that Ice suffers in other areas if they have high resistance to fire and storm.

In fact, your "poor suffering Ice stats" are superior to Fire's best stats. Period. That needs to be repeated.

Your "poor suffering Ice stats" are superior to Fire's best stats.

In fact, your poor suffering Ice stats are superior to most schools best stats.

Your crying about horrible crafted gear for Ice is cynicism poorly dressed up in pity for Ice.

What you don't see is the fire school "advantage" (overtime) is completely taken away with the high resistance Ice has. Fire is stuck with a strategic burden when facing Ice.

I've said this many times. Make your self a fire wizard, and battle an Ice with your stats. Only then will you see what it feels like.

And yes, Ice resistance to fire is the poison that overrides all the good in the game.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Nov 24, 2013 wrote:
Actually, it doesn't dispel anything. What people complain about is the 'immunity' ice can obtain to fire and storm. That's when Ice stats tank, because when only resist or immunity are priority, everything else goes by the wayside.

There are a lot of things between all schools that are good and bad. Ice's potential high resistance is in no way poison that overrides the good in the game. It baffles me, even after all of the discussion about Ice resist, that people can't activate their brain cells and THINK for a change.

Wonder why Ice and other schools have the potential for higher Fire and Storm resist? Hmm, let's see. Higher base damage, higher damage boost, higher accuracy boost, higher critical. Those are things people should talk about but don't, because they don't want their precious schools nerfed ..... so, let's mention the one thing Ice is good at, which is DEFENSE ..... Fire and Storm equals OFFENSE.

Crafted gear past Avalon for Ice is horrible. People focus on the Fire and Storm resist, but they forget that the universal resist has decreased significantly past Avalon gear, plus other stats decreased. Ice has a difficult time finding gear that has decent accuracy, critical, pips, healing, and damage.

So, when an average Ice wizard has about 35% damage boost, and Storm wizards can get damage boosts from 80-130%, do you think that's fair?

Each school has their own advantage and disadvantage. I think PvP needs to be completely overhauled, and completely separate from the MAIN part of the game, which is PvE. For KI to put in changes that the PvP'ers want, certain schools will be unable to play the game the way it's intended. Sorry, but PvP is a tiny side portion of the game program and should not dictate how spells or gear should be implemented for the majority of players, who are PvE. THAT is what poisons all the good in the game.
Come on Brynner, Fire is an Offensive school....

... And Ice isn't? Not so fast my friend!

Last time I looked, Ice can hit as hard as fire. It just comes a few pips later. Really bro? You seem smart - please don't think we are not informed.

But I will spell it out for you. (no pun intended)

Ice hits as hard as fire.

Efreet is a great spell for fire. Base is 895.

Lord of Winter hits at 950-1050 and takes 3- pips. Awesome bro. Yes, Ice hits as hard as fire - it just comes one round later.

Don't say silly things like Ice is not an offensive school. You lose credibility.

Ice Hits as hard as fire.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Nov 24, 2013 wrote:

Brynner, Like I said, I think you're smart.

However, it doesn't matter how much boost damage storm or fire has if Ice has 80 or higher resist. Do the math bro. 80 and higher resist minimizes the damage to a minimum.

The extreme example is when Ice has immunity to fire and storm. Then it doesn't matter how much boost - or critical fire and Storm has. It is still zero damage.

Like I said, go get a storm with 130 boost, and battle an Ice with your stats. Only then you will know what I mean. Or, do the math bro. It's pretty simple to see what damage you do when your opponent has 80 resistance. That equates to 20% damage. Yes dude, it is unfair to storm and fire.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2010
Here are the reasons for ice NOT to be boosted: too many shields! I have never won in pvp against an ice wizard. Period.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2013

I don't agree with this at all ice are insane cause they have crazy defensive skill they dont need a spell boost, plus every time I face them in pvp on my myth overlord all there overtime attack spells are over powered and end up doing allot of damage and forces me to heal and if you say well that's cause you have low resist on your myth then that's not true either cause I have 54 resist it seems as long as they have commander or new warlord gear they are over powered on there attack spells

Survivor
Nov 20, 2013

Not to be rude or anything but anybody that is good at pvp would disagree with this cause ice is the best or one of the best at 1v1 pvp.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Simple Sorcery on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
Not so fast my cold, Ice friend.
Please don't put words in my message.

I said: Ice can have High resistance to fire, and none of their other stats suffer. I did not say Immunity.

And, actually your stats dispel the myth that Ice stats suffer if they have high resistance to fire and storm.

Just look at your Stats Brynner. Take a close look.

You are a prime example of what I am saying. Your stats dispel any argument that Ice suffers in other areas if they have high resistance to fire and storm.

In fact, your "poor suffering Ice stats" are superior to Fire's best stats. Period. That needs to be repeated.

Your "poor suffering Ice stats" are superior to Fire's best stats.

In fact, your poor suffering Ice stats are superior to most schools best stats.

Your crying about horrible crafted gear for Ice is cynicism poorly dressed up in pity for Ice.

What you don't see is the fire school "advantage" (overtime) is completely taken away with the high resistance Ice has. Fire is stuck with a strategic burden when facing Ice.

I've said this many times. Make your self a fire wizard, and battle an Ice with your stats. Only then will you see what it feels like.

And yes, Ice resistance to fire is the poison that overrides all the good in the game.
I said when PEOPLE complain about immunity, I never mentioned it was you that said so.

My stats are unique because I did a lot of mixing and matching gear and pets to get what I want. Most Ice do not have the stats I have, and in particular, my health. I know what I want for each school, and work hard to get the particular stats I want.

You can't compare each school's stats with each other. It doesn't work that way. As I have stated many many times, each school is unique in it's strengths and weaknesses. You build on the strengths and overcome the weaknesses. You can't compare apples and oranges.

When I stated what's hard to get on Ice gear, it's a fact. It's a weakness of Ice, so I do what I can to overcome it. Ice isn't my only school. I have PvP wizards in Balance, Storm, Fire, Myth, and Death as well. ALL of them have excellent resistance.

Balance L90 = 5009 health, 77% damage (can get as high as 88%), 64%+ healing total, 43 univ resist (can go as high as 58), 181 critical, 156 - 252 block

Death L80 - 4358 health, 73% damage, 31% healing, 43 univ resist, 181 critical, 200 univ block

Myth L74 - 4121 health, 59% damage, 31% healing, 43 univ resist, 151 critical, 186 univ block

Storm - L89 - 3210 health, 93% damage, 36% total healing, 105 Storm resist/37 to all others, 323 critical, 157 univ block

Fire - L88 - 4987 health, 71% damage, 41% healing, 78 Ice resist/51 Storm & Fire resist/42 to all others, 289 critical, 165 univ block (I think, but may have more to Ice and Storm)

I had fought Ice many times in PvP and won nearly every time, because I knew what needed to be done, how to set up my deck, and use some of the strategies I had developed over the years. I do not use any Jade gear. I have spent many many months crafting and farming for the gear I wanted, plus hatching a variety of pets that will give me what I need in PvP as well as PvE.

When people whine about a school's particular strength in PvP, what it means to me is that person hasn't a clue how to really PvP, because they are not willing to work out strategies, scenarios, decks, pets, gear, or whatever is needed to try and win. PvP isn't sit-back-and-relax-and-hope-to-win. You actually have to do stuff, which is why there are things like converts, infallible, fortify, feints, pierce, etc etc etc.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Come on Brynner, Fire is an Offensive school....

... And Ice isn't? Not so fast my friend!

Last time I looked, Ice can hit as hard as fire. It just comes a few pips later. Really bro? You seem smart - please don't think we are not informed.

But I will spell it out for you. (no pun intended)

Ice hits as hard as fire.

Efreet is a great spell for fire. Base is 895.

Lord of Winter hits at 950-1050 and takes 3- pips. Awesome bro. Yes, Ice hits as hard as fire - it just comes one round later.

Don't say silly things like Ice is not an offensive school. You lose credibility.

Ice Hits as hard as fire.
Sure, Ice can hit as hard as Fire, but Ice needs more buffing (blades and traps) to be able to do so. In PvP, that can be lethal to wait "a few pips later", because it can and does take several rounds to blade and/or trap.

LOL. Don't even compare Lord of Winter with Efreet. Lord of Winter is a 10-pip spell, whereas Efreet is not. Once again, it's like comparing apples to oranges. Fire and Ice = opposite. Fire = offense, Ice = defense.

Any school is how you make it. I find a balance for all my schools that includes offense and defense, not just one extreme or another.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Brynner, Like I said, I think you're smart.

However, it doesn't matter how much boost damage storm or fire has if Ice has 80 or higher resist. Do the math bro. 80 and higher resist minimizes the damage to a minimum.

The extreme example is when Ice has immunity to fire and storm. Then it doesn't matter how much boost - or critical fire and Storm has. It is still zero damage.

Like I said, go get a storm with 130 boost, and battle an Ice with your stats. Only then you will know what I mean. Or, do the math bro. It's pretty simple to see what damage you do when your opponent has 80 resistance. That equates to 20% damage. Yes dude, it is unfair to storm and fire.
What you fail to realize, is that there are tools that can be used to circumvent the 'resistance' problem. Ice has the potential for high resistance to Storm and Fire. How about Jade gear that can give you universal resistance in the 80's? I don't see that mentioned here. People are so focused on the unfairness of Ice they overlook other gear that can give outrageously good stats.

Oh, that's right ....... Jade gear might give super high universal resistance, but it doesn't give a damage boost.

Well, like any other gear in the game, there is a serious lack SOMETHING on each piece. So, what has to be done is a mix and match of gear and you start looking for spells like Infallible which helps boost what you may be lacking otherwise. Don't forget that maybe I have 84% resist to fire, but that doesn't mean I can hit hard enough to matter. Resistance is to keep an Ice wizard alive while they buff up enough to do a decent hit. The problem with that is, (oh yeah!) there are a variety of shields my opponent can use, plus may have a spell to take away my blades, so basically, my hits will be pretty worthless.

There will always be arguments on both sides. I like all of my wizards and their schools. Each one is unique, so I don't hold one higher than the other. When I see people complaining on the boards, it just means that they have not taken the time to learn their school inside and out.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
What you fail to realize, is that there are tools that can be used to circumvent the 'resistance' problem. Ice has the potential for high resistance to Storm and Fire. How about Jade gear that can give you universal resistance in the 80's? I don't see that mentioned here. People are so focused on the unfairness of Ice they overlook other gear that can give outrageously good stats.

Oh, that's right ....... Jade gear might give super high universal resistance, but it doesn't give a damage boost.

Well, like any other gear in the game, there is a serious lack SOMETHING on each piece. So, what has to be done is a mix and match of gear and you start looking for spells like Infallible which helps boost what you may be lacking otherwise. Don't forget that maybe I have 84% resist to fire, but that doesn't mean I can hit hard enough to matter. Resistance is to keep an Ice wizard alive while they buff up enough to do a decent hit. The problem with that is, (oh yeah!) there are a variety of shields my opponent can use, plus may have a spell to take away my blades, so basically, my hits will be pretty worthless.

There will always be arguments on both sides. I like all of my wizards and their schools. Each one is unique, so I don't hold one higher than the other. When I see people complaining on the boards, it just means that they have not taken the time to learn their school inside and out.
Brynner, I would like to know the gear you use which gives your fire wizard the stats you've quoted. Time to lay your cards on the table. What mystery gear gives you Ice like stats? I would Love to have those stats on my fire.

FYI = It's not nice to play the "you don't know how to PVP" card.

First let's address the Efreet vs Lord of Winter. My mad math skills tell me Ice doesn't need more blades and traps. I am not sure if you understand the math behind the blades and traps. If you did, you wouldn't be saying that. For example my friend:

If Fire has 3900 health and Ice has 6000 health. Fire needs more blades and traps when they use efreet to get to 6,000 damage.

Here is my example:

ICE: Lord of Winter: HIts at 1000. (Approximate to make the example easy)
Ice blade 40%
Elemenatal 35%
TC elemental 40%

Ice delivers damage = 1000*1.4*1.35*1.4=2,646 damage

Fire: Efreet: Hits 900 (rounding off)
Fire blade 35%
Elemenatal 35%
TC elemental 35%

Fire delivers damage 900*1.35*1.35*1.35=2,214 damage

You don't need to be a genius to see that
  • Ice does more damage
  • Ice is closer to getting their opponents health to zero.
Ice hits as hard as fire. When you are hitting 1,000, you don't need 'extra blades'. There is no deficit. Also, Ice damage is high too. Fire (on average) is only 10 points higher than ice, for a fire with Balanced stats.

If you are as well versed in Wizard 101, I don't see how you can say use Jade gear. You must know there is a huge penalty in damage and critical. If you really thought jade gear was effective, you would be using it on your ice - and you're not. Sorry Brynner, you can't speak out of both sides.

Ice has a HUGE advantage over fire and storm in PVP. Fire has a strategic burden when battling ice. An unskilled Ice player with your stats who doesn't know what he's doing in PVP has a distinct advantage over a skilled fire. There is no argument you can give which could prove otherwise.

Only if a fire has the stats you boast, then the odds are even.

So, Brynner, please tell all of us the combination of gear you use on your level 88 fire which gives you

Fire - L88 - 4987 health, 71% damage, 41% healing, 78 Ice resist/51 Storm & Fire resist/42 to all others, 289 critical, 165 univ block (I think, but may have more to Ice and Storm)

Lastly, most Ice do have the stats you worked hard to get. It is common place for ice to have 6,000 health, the massive resist to fire and storm, over 50 global resist, lots of damage and critical. You are not a unique Ice player Brynner, most Ice have your stats - and some have better. (I've seen Ice with your stats except they have immunity to fire and storm)

Check out dulist 101, and you will see.

Dude, if my tone isn't nice, I apologize, Nothing personal to you or any Ice. I am just worked up!

Please tell all us Fire players the gear you use to get your killer stats.

Many thanks.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:

Brynner,

You said: What you fail to realize, is that there are tools that can be used to circumvent the 'resistance' problem.

Brynner, I don't fail to realize it. In fact, that is the entire issue Brynner.

The issue is Fire and and Storm need to use the tools to circumvent the "resistance problem" when Ice doesn't need to use the tools. This is the unfairness and advantage ice has in PVP. The tools needed to circumvent "resistance problem" IS the strategic burden fire has when facing Ice.

The tools to overcome the "resistance problem" is the poison which overrides all the good in the game to a lot of Fire and storm wizards.

Thank you for saying it and recognizing it. So you do understand.

Just to be clear, the tools needed to circumvent the "resistance problem" is the strategic burden for Fire.

Those Tools you mentioned are a strategic burden. Ice doesn't need any tools to circumvent a "resistance problem".

An unskilled Ice player in PVP with 84 resistance to fire has a clear advantage against a skilled Fire who must use tools to circumvent the "resistance problem". This is not arguable.

You finally understand Brynner.

As a side thought, If every Fire had the stats you boast your fire has, then PVP with Ice would be more fair, and the odds would be even. So, Brynner, what gear do you use to get the stats you claim to have below?

These are awesome stats for Fire bro. If you can do this, you are truly a Wizard among wizards. What is the gear to allow Fire to have these stats?

Many thanks for sharing how you get 4987 health, 71% damage, 41% healing, 78 Ice resist/51 Storm & Fire resist/42 to all others, 289 critical, 165 univ block

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Simple Sorcery on Dec 3, 2013 wrote:
Brynner,

You said: What you fail to realize, is that there are tools that can be used to circumvent the 'resistance' problem.

Brynner, I don't fail to realize it. In fact, that is the entire issue Brynner.

The issue is Fire and and Storm need to use the tools to circumvent the "resistance problem" when Ice doesn't need to use the tools. This is the unfairness and advantage ice has in PVP. The tools needed to circumvent "resistance problem" IS the strategic burden fire has when facing Ice.

The tools to overcome the "resistance problem" is the poison which overrides all the good in the game to a lot of Fire and storm wizards.

Thank you for saying it and recognizing it. So you do understand.

Just to be clear, the tools needed to circumvent the "resistance problem" is the strategic burden for Fire.

Those Tools you mentioned are a strategic burden. Ice doesn't need any tools to circumvent a "resistance problem".

An unskilled Ice player in PVP with 84 resistance to fire has a clear advantage against a skilled Fire who must use tools to circumvent the "resistance problem". This is not arguable.

You finally understand Brynner.

As a side thought, If every Fire had the stats you boast your fire has, then PVP with Ice would be more fair, and the odds would be even. So, Brynner, what gear do you use to get the stats you claim to have below?

These are awesome stats for Fire bro. If you can do this, you are truly a Wizard among wizards. What is the gear to allow Fire to have these stats?

Many thanks for sharing how you get 4987 health, 71% damage, 41% healing, 78 Ice resist/51 Storm & Fire resist/42 to all others, 289 critical, 165 univ block
Brynner, I am calling you out. You said your fire has the following stats - What gear do you use to get this?

Fire - Level 88
  • 4987 health,
  • 71% damage,
  • 41% healing,
  • 78 Ice resist/51 Storm & Fire resist/42 to all others,
  • 289 critical,
  • 165 univ block
Those are awesome stats Bryn. Let's not lose credibility Brynner. What gear do you use to give this awesome combination on your level 88 Fire? Thank you for letting all Fire Wizards know.

Brynner? Brynner?? Don't let your credibility circle the drain on the message board.

Tell us please! Those are awesome stats. What combination of gear are you using?

Does any other Fire out there have the Brynner Fire stats? Does it really exist?

Brynner? Brynner?