Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice in pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 14, 2012
Champion
Aug 20, 2010
alexmf2 on May 31, 2011 wrote:
Let me tell you all the reasons ice needs to be boosted, one for each school

Storm: insane bolt is completely insane! Here is what happened to me one battle: he went first. He used feint, and then a critical insane bolt. I died second turn.

Fire: a heckhound did a thousand damage every turn. This was with -70 shields...

Death: now death has a variety of cheap spells. That damage then healing spell is crazy in that it gets rid of DOT spells. A critical wraith on a minion also just brings them back to full health.

Balance: if anything, they need to be boosted. Way to easy :)

Myth: earthquake completely gets rid of blades and shields, both ice need very much.

Life: nothing much to complain about here

The last update has done nothing to help ice. Frozen armor is worthless now that there are so many ways to get rid of shield, and all legion shield does is help others. Ice NEEDS to get boosted.

Ice is a little OP but, all these things can happen to any school not just ice.
This is why every other school needs to be boosted against ice.

• Tower shield, legion shield (Blocks all schools) (Legion Shield cannot be trained)
  • Crazy resist to Storm and Fire
  • Insane health
  • Blades are tough (Compared to storm with only +30 and balance with only +25)

Let me comment on what you said.

Storm: True

Fire: With your resist I am not sure you have an argument here, but I am crafting an amulet in Azteca that gives the spell SHIFT, you should get it.

Death: True
Balance: I am balance and this is true

Myth: Use dispels, really you need shields and blades? Your spells are not that weak and you have the highest health.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2012
dude at one time ice was so op in pvp they were pretty much invincible noe KI finally boosted other schools so i call it even match

Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
It is not possible for Ice to have 100% resist to any school with crafted gear.

Ice is made for defense, while other schools are made for offense. Storm can have 2x - 3x damage boost than Ice. Base attack spell damage is much more for Storm than Ice. Storm can have 2x - 3x more critical than Ice. Storm also has better access to accuracy boosts than Ice does. The list goes on. People keep complaining about Ice resist, when other schools have their own advantages. Learn to use the strengths while overcoming the weaknesses.

It is possible to have 100 resist. you know why I say this? it is because I was up against a 100 resist ice. it had 100 in fire and storm. it is from evidence.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
Ice is just to powerful! They all get warlord gear then they get the heartsteel.

They are getting to much stuff.

Back when ice was in lvl 50, they were weak and I never thought I would ever see an ice warlord.

then when lvl 60 came it was like ice got a kick start. Then I saw on every corner of zafaria there was a warlord. I thought what had happened in 10 levels that I didn't know about. I started looking at there resist and it was a 50 resist. Which is the same a tower shield.

The next 10 levels I looked at ice peoples resist and it was at 70 and 90 resists.

If you looked at my other post this almost like it.

Then I was in pvp with my best friends and we hit this ice guy. It said he was immune to fire and storm. and I should say he was puppeting too. If you think it is too powerful and you want to stop ice people from getting 70 resist...

please reply and say stop the resist.

I am trying to make a movement with stop the resist!!

And If you see me on the game please come to talk to me. I am Jacob Stormhunter. I would love to here all of your thoughts.
vs ,,,,, We should take over ice!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
THE GREAT ONE on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
It is not possible for Ice to have 100% resist to any school with crafted gear.

Ice is made for defense, while other schools are made for offense. Storm can have 2x - 3x damage boost than Ice. Base attack spell damage is much more for Storm than Ice. Storm can have 2x - 3x more critical than Ice. Storm also has better access to accuracy boosts than Ice does. The list goes on. People keep complaining about Ice resist, when other schools have their own advantages. Learn to use the strengths while overcoming the weaknesses.

It is possible to have 100 resist. you know why I say this? it is because I was up against a 100 resist ice. it had 100 in fire and storm. it is from evidence.
Sorry, but since you quoted me, did you actually read what was quoted? It is not possible for Ice to have 100% resistance to any school with crafted gear.

Yeah, you throw in a special hatched pet with resist and fire/storm wards, then yes, it's possible. However, the standard game gear, whether it's dropped/purchased/crafted, can not obtain 100% resistance on it's own. By having all that resistance, there are sacrifices in other stats. Obviously, you were looking only at the resistance, not the entire stat package.

I prefer not to have 100% resistance. I want to do damage (45%) as well and keep my exceptionally high health (which is 6120, by-the-way). Strategies are what help me win, not piling on resistance. Each school needs to find a good balance they can work with, both offense and defense. That's how it should be played.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
Sorry, but since you quoted me, did you actually read what was quoted? It is not possible for Ice to have 100% resistance to any school with crafted gear.

Yeah, you throw in a special hatched pet with resist and fire/storm wards, then yes, it's possible. However, the standard game gear, whether it's dropped/purchased/crafted, can not obtain 100% resistance on it's own. By having all that resistance, there are sacrifices in other stats. Obviously, you were looking only at the resistance, not the entire stat package.

I prefer not to have 100% resistance. I want to do damage (45%) as well and keep my exceptionally high health (which is 6120, by-the-way). Strategies are what help me win, not piling on resistance. Each school needs to find a good balance they can work with, both offense and defense. That's how it should be played.
Agreed, and yes that was a prime example of someone cutting out something from a quote that has the opposite meaning as the rest. He probably didn't read it.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Ok honestly ice doesn't need to be boosted they need to be the same as usual, with LESS HEALTH! or at least less resist. i'm a lvl 47 and i was doing ranked pvp to become a seargent, and got mached with a lvl 55 OMG they were totally demolishing me! Blizzard spam, tower shield spam, and used wooly mammoth tc, with a critical, (can't block crit yet) and it did 1400 damage plus stun so no stayr coming, then a blizzard with critical and blade, and gargantuan... gg. They need to be weakened more than boosted.

Jacob ThunderBlade, master pyromancer

Survivor
Aug 18, 2011
Well in pvp, well we should take over . Like, when ever I do ranked pvp, and I vs I most often lose. I use a lot of shields and nothing works. I use elemental shield with the 70% shield, and nothing works. I even use amplify which is school (all of you know that) and treasure cards to fight back and nothing works. I think we should just take over NOW!!!

Sincerely,

Ethan Shadowthief BriskBreeze Champion
Level 53 Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
Darth JT on Jun 1, 2011 wrote:
How may I ask, should Ice be boosted?

Some of us Ice players have no problems on the battlefield. We also have DOT spells, the best resistance, highest health. We also get critical hit points.

Not sure what more you want, a cookie maybe?
Damage. I mean giving us weak spells is good enough. but giving us HORRIBLE damage is kinda garbagey

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
fireoni46 on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
Ok honestly ice doesn't need to be boosted they need to be the same as usual, with LESS HEALTH! or at least less resist. i'm a lvl 47 and i was doing ranked pvp to become a seargent, and got mached with a lvl 55 OMG they were totally demolishing me! Blizzard spam, tower shield spam, and used wooly mammoth tc, with a critical, (can't block crit yet) and it did 1400 damage plus stun so no stayr coming, then a blizzard with critical and blade, and gargantuan... gg. They need to be weakened more than boosted.

Jacob ThunderBlade, master pyromancer
You do realize the game is based on PvE, not PvP, right? Things have been nerfed enough in the game to accommodate PvP'ers, which has been detrimental to the PvE community.

Each school has it's uniqueness. Each one has strengths and weaknesses. You build on your strength and try to overcome your weakness. One school will have high damage and low resist. One will have high resist and low damage. One with high health, another with low health. You have to learn your school inside and out. Learn how to use the spells and when to use them for the best affect.

Practice PvP is just that ..... practice. It's a great way to learn different strategies ...... what works and what doesn't.

It gets old when I see people whining because they lost and feel the opponents school needs to be nerfed because they couldn't come up with a strategy to win.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Ethan Shadowthief on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
Well in pvp, well we should take over . Like, when ever I do ranked pvp, and I vs I most often lose. I use a lot of shields and nothing works. I use elemental shield with the 70% shield, and nothing works. I even use amplify which is school (all of you know that) and treasure cards to fight back and nothing works. I think we should just take over NOW!!!

Sincerely,

Ethan Shadowthief BriskBreeze Champion
Level 53 Grandmaster Sorcerer
Ice isn't the only school that can do well in PvP. My L90 Balance, L80 Death, L74 Myth, L54 Storm, and L35 Fire, has done very well, not only against Ice but those wearing Jade gear as well.

Some use Ice in PvP because they feel it's the easiest to win with. What's the fun in that? Strategy, strategy, strategy ....... that's the key for any school.

Being a sore loser doesn't get you anywhere, whether in a game or in real life. You take the losses and you learn from them, so that when you do win, it's that much sweeter because you have accomplished something wonderful and can share your achievement.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2011
I'm now level 54 and thanks to BrynnerOfReign I think of doing pvp more often. Well if you keep trying eventually you will be doing better and better against ice. So if you see me and you agree with the idea or BrynnerOfReign's idea just tell me. I'll be happy. If your having trouble against ice just tell about that. I'll be happy to help.

Sincerely,

Ethan Shadowthief
BriskBreeze Champion
Level 54 Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Jun 02, 2011
alexmf2 on May 31, 2011 wrote:
Let me tell you all the reasons ice needs to be boosted, one for each school

Storm: insane bolt is completely insane! Here is what happened to me one battle: he went first. He used feint, and then a critical insane bolt. I died second turn.

Fire: a heckhound did a thousand damage every turn. This was with -70 shields...

Death: now death has a variety of cheap spells. That damage then healing spell is crazy in that it gets rid of DOT spells. A critical wraith on a minion also just brings them back to full health.

Balance: if anything, they need to be boosted. Way to easy :)

Myth: earthquake completely gets rid of blades and shields, both ice need very much.

Life: nothing much to complain about here

The last update has done nothing to help ice. Frozen armor is worthless now that there are so many ways to get rid of shield, and all legion shield does is help others. Ice NEEDS to get boosted.

Lets adjust this a little bit:

Storm: Insane Bolt/ The player who uses this also has a chance of dying with this spell.

Fire: Heckhound/ If you are not life buy triage treasure cards it will get rid of it.

Death: Buy death dispel and/or buy death shield and weaknesses.

Balance: Nothing to be said.

Myth: Buy dispels, they can't get rid of those :).

Life: Nothing to be said.

Every school has there strengths and weaknesses. If you are prepared than you can win. Ice is fine the way it is with almost 50 resist and 4000 health.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
Ice is already overpowered enough with our health and resist. With the new azteca spell Lord of Winter ice has become even more powerful.

~Caleb lvl 77 pvp warlord

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
XtremeSuperior on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
Lets adjust this a little bit:

Storm: Insane Bolt/ The player who uses this also has a chance of dying with this spell.

Fire: Heckhound/ If you are not life buy triage treasure cards it will get rid of it.

Death: Buy death dispel and/or buy death shield and weaknesses.

Balance: Nothing to be said.

Myth: Buy dispels, they can't get rid of those :).

Life: Nothing to be said.

Every school has there strengths and weaknesses. If you are prepared than you can win. Ice is fine the way it is with almost 50 resist and 4000 health.
Not quite sure why you quoted all the way to the start instead of keeping up with whats going around now. Also, yea myth can easily get rid of dispels. Not quite sure why you think we wouldn't be able to. And its not like death can't poison shields and blade or shield off dispels.

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Ethan Shadowthief on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
I'm now level 54 and thanks to BrynnerOfReign I think of doing pvp more often. Well if you keep trying eventually you will be doing better and better against ice. So if you see me and you agree with the idea or BrynnerOfReign's idea just tell me. I'll be happy. If your having trouble against ice just tell about that. I'll be happy to help.

Sincerely,

Ethan Shadowthief
BriskBreeze Champion
Level 54 Grandmaster Sorcerer
Wow, thanks!

I wish you the best of luck in the PvP arena

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010

Some of us Ice players have no problems on the battlefield. We also have DOT spells, the best resistance, highest health. We also get critical hit points.

i agree we do have good health and lots of sheilds
jennifer blueblossom 16

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Please, you have got to be kidding me, ice has enough as it is, I dot even know where to start....

Survivor
Dec 24, 2011
Well let's start out with

: Ice has the advantage of shields. Although I usually see lvl 14 Ie Warlords. Why should Ice get boosted then no one else would go in pvp with any other school!
: Life will heal no-stop. I get that, That's their great advantage. So even if they had barley any attack spells in general they can heal as long and as short as the wizard wants.
: Storms main advantage is power, It's power can wipe people down pretty quickly. Although it barley gets healing devices. So Storm Rarely trains other attacking schools.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2011

that's is true but think about it is so over powered.
their blade is 40% out going and then when they use the level 88 spell it does like 2000 each time.
and there critical block is insane, my critical for my is 313 or 314. and they block every time!
I think is to over powered

Explorer
May 09, 2010
Have you seen Hades staff for ice.

insane.

100 to crit 70 to block.

really?

now i wont fight ice in pvp

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Zachary Stormblood on Jul 27, 2013 wrote:
Damage. I mean giving us weak spells is good enough. but giving us HORRIBLE damage is kinda garbagey
You've clearly NEVER used Lord of Winter before.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Ever Wonder on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
Have you seen Hades staff for ice.

insane.

100 to crit 70 to block.

really?

now i wont fight ice in pvp
As a rule, Ice doesn't get much Critical, nor Critical block. It takes a lot of mixing and matching gear to make these somewhat acceptable, but you do lose a lot in other stats.

Another thing, using the same-school wand is not a smart choice. Now, if they made Ice boosts on a Fire wand, or a Life wand, or any other school, I might think about it, but I will NOT use same school wands. A waste of my time and gear.

The wand I use now has 110 univ block and 65 univ critical and it is not a same-school wand. Having something that seemingly looks good doesn't mean Ice wizards want to use it.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2011
i Wish PPl where smart and can be as OP has heck, the others are right 50 - 100's get enchants on their ice spells and stack defense on their gear!!!! it can be ridiculous in times : This is self explainitory Weaknesses are stacked on you while the enemy is slowly building pips for a judgement 8 rounds later you take 3600 damage from high balances its insane! this way to kill in pvp is spammed then they get the warlord armor! then WAHT happens another one is created the the sad part is some even enchant their judgement and hit again if it doesn't one hit its so dumb but this is only for balances that have high Powa pip chance Thanks For Toning in -Jacob GriffinFlame