Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rudeness/Attitudes of Players...

AuthorMessage
Squire
Feb 29, 2012
goldendragon18 wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:
Someone a few posts up made a comment about game rating vs. interaction rating~ I forget who it was, but I totally agree that something needs to be done about that as well.

Keep up the great work, everyone!

-El Veeb

That was me. I found that by doing a little research under the "Parents" tab to the left and then ESRB ratings. You can do a search for Wizard101 after you get into those ratings. For this game, the rating is exactly what the rating box shows at the bottom of every page. There just in no interaction rating.

A monitoring I go, A monitoring I go.

See you in the Spiral

Fallon

Goldendragon!!! x_x I think I found you in wu realm, at the wizard city dye shop, and "Fallon Winterleaf" is in a corner right now... ._. Just curious, was that you by any chance? (I was nicholas rubyshard. Going to send you a friend request right now, although odds are you are going to deny it :P)

Lol, as you already know that was me.

Thank you for joining us here and on Central.

Fallon WinterLeaf a "Wizard City Protector"

So that was you I saw in the dye shop.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I've certainly been seeing a few of you in the Spiral, so THANK YOU for all the help you're providing.

I don't know if it's because of the weekend, but I have been seeing very very few of the repeat offenders. It is my hope that many of these wizards were muted or banned.

It still amazes me that people think that having 'open chat' allows them to say whatever they wish. One particular young wizard was using the foulest profanity. When I told him to "Please watch your language, this is a family game", he responded by telling me, since he had open chat, he could say whatever he wished. I did tell him about the Terms of Use, and that he still had to abide by the 'rules' KI established in regards to what he could and couldn't 'chat' about. After a few minutes of arguing with me, he finally realized what I was trying to tell him. He actually apologized!!!

However, there are many others who are oblivious to the Terms of Use. Whether they never read it, or ignore it, who knows for sure. But, it would be nice if there was a pop-up window, or something that came up as you were logging in that shows the Terms of Use, or snippets in regards to chat, would be one step to helping make wizards aware of what they can and can't say.

There was one wizard, a 13 yr old girl, that was being bullied by several boy wizards, by the Bartleby tree. I did intervene, and after several polite, but firm conversations with the boy wizards, they finally left. I 'friended' the girl and had her port to my house. Once there, I had a chat with her in regards how to prevent others from bullying her. This included using the 'ignore' and changing realms. She was new, so she wasn't aware of all of this. I told her, if she felt threatened in any way again, to please let me know (if I'm online), and I will come help her. She typed that she was "crying", as these boys really hurt her feelings. I felt so bad for her.

It reminds me that I'm not just a player, but someone who cares about what transpires in the game. It made me feel good to be able to help someone out that needed it.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
I have encouraging news,,,,

The game makers and moderators are watching us and appreciate our efforts and we MAY see changes in the future. So keep up the good work and keep trying to keep our beloved spiral clean because it is working!

To DragonLad1230, I am sorry your mother ran into some bullies, it is unfortunate but a fact of life with these sorts of games. It is not just this games but many many others. We are working on cleaning up the game and holding the makers true to their commitment to a friendly family game.

See people hide behind online images/avatars which make them feel hidden and powerful to act like they would not normally act face to face with other people. The truth is though is that not one of us are truly anonymous in the eyes of the game workers and in time everyone is held accountable for their actions.

We are working hard to do our part to keep the game clean and friendly. Maybe she could join us and have a new purpose to play!

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
QueQueg wrote:
I've certainly been seeing a few of you in the Spiral, so THANK YOU for all the help you're providing.

I don't know if it's because of the weekend, but I have been seeing very very few of the repeat offenders. It is my hope that many of these wizards were muted or banned.

It still amazes me that people think that having 'open chat' allows them to say whatever they wish. One particular young wizard was using the foulest profanity. When I told him to "Please watch your language, this is a family game", he responded by telling me, since he had open chat, he could say whatever he wished. I did tell him about the Terms of Use, and that he still had to abide by the 'rules' KI established in regards to what he could and couldn't 'chat' about. After a few minutes of arguing with me, he finally realized what I was trying to tell him. He actually apologized!!!

However, there are many others who are oblivious to the Terms of Use. Whether they never read it, or ignore it, who knows for sure. But, it would be nice if there was a pop-up window, or something that came up as you were logging in that shows the Terms of Use, or snippets in regards to chat, would be one step to helping make wizards aware of what they can and can't say.

There was one wizard, a 13 yr old girl, that was being bullied by several boy wizards, by the Bartleby tree. I did intervene, and after several polite, but firm conversations with the boy wizards, they finally left. I 'friended' the girl and had her port to my house. Once there, I had a chat with her in regards how to prevent others from bullying her. This included using the 'ignore' and changing realms. She was new, so she wasn't aware of all of this. I told her, if she felt threatened in any way again, to please let me know (if I'm online), and I will come help her. She typed that she was "crying", as these boys really hurt her feelings. I felt so bad for her.

It reminds me that I'm not just a player, but someone who cares about what transpires in the game. It made me feel good to be able to help someone out that needed it.

It's people like you that make my day. Hats off to you Mam, for helping her.

Side note - I won't be on much. I still have a lot of stuff to help move and then there's school registration etc. so I will be on for around one to three hours daily.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
ionya wrote:
I was patrolling the Commons on Wu last night and I have to say: wow. Just... ugh.

What I don't understand is this activity in the Bazaar. Before this movement began, I never really took notice of the Commons. I simply just passed through and didn't give it any thought (the frequency of encountering conversations was rare). However, I've had to report several folks blatantly and knowingly swearing around filters in the Bazaar recently, where wizards have to park themselves for a period of time.

While I don't condone this activity at all in the game, I hope this movement at least pushes this ridiculous activity into their own houses or get the hint to use private/group chat. Probably wishful thinking given there are players who log in to Wizard101 only to let everyone know what they think a "good time" is on a Friday night, but the bans/mutes that do result from the movement at least frustrates those players into creating new accounts or have to sit in the corner for a while. Hopefully, it sinks in and they get tired of "showing off".

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
QueQueg wrote:

I hope so too.

QueQueg wrote:

That was so wrong of them to do that to her. Glade you were there to help her people like them boys are what drives players off. So big thumbs up for you. :)

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
kingurz wrote:
ionya wrote:
I was patrolling the Commons on Wu last night and I have to say: wow. Just... ugh.

What I don't understand is this activity in the Bazaar. Before this movement began, I never really took notice of the Commons. I simply just passed through and didn't give it any thought (the frequency of encountering conversations was rare). However, I've had to report several folks blatantly and knowingly swearing around filters in the Bazaar recently, where wizards have to park themselves for a period of time.

While I don't condone this activity at all in the game, I hope this movement at least pushes this ridiculous activity into their own houses or get the hint to use private/group chat. Probably wishful thinking given there are players who log in to Wizard101 only to let everyone know what they think a "good time" is on a Friday night, but the bans/mutes that do result from the movement at least frustrates those players into creating new accounts or have to sit in the corner for a while. Hopefully, it sinks in and they get tired of "showing off".

The Dye shop is gross and disgusting.

The kids doing this seem to feel entitled by "the right free speech" to do this. They are quite proud of their verbal antics. It is horribly sad they don't get how poorly this reflects on them and makes them look ignorant to others. Then they complain they are being judged and can't do what they want.

They have gone so far as to tell us to ignore their antics, quit playing the game, people who report have no lives, our kids should have menu chat so they can swear and be obscene and why do we spend so much time in the Dye shop reporting. LOL that one makes me want to ask, "Why do you spend so much time in here doing this stuff?". It never once occurs to them they should stop and follow TOU.

I do think our efforts are paying off a bit.

I do wish KI would seriously deal with the repeat offenders. I am starting to recognize them. HMMMM wonder if IP mutes are possible?

Thanks all who have joined our ranks to make the Spiral family friendly again. Megan

Survivor
May 25, 2009
bethysue02 wrote:
I will not be renewing my subscription after it is up this month because of issues I voiced in another post, so I wanted to make one more comment before my time in this game is done. I'm not sure what more KI can do about this problem, but something really needs to change with a vast majority of the players on this game. Most of them are just down right nasty to other people. Yes, I know you can ignore and report them, but if I did that to everyone I saw being nasty to me or other players I would be doing nothing but deleting and reporting (which I don't typically do). My main concern is some younger kids DO play this game, and for whatever reason, I have seen some very young players with open chat. Besides that, you don't even have to have open chat. People without open chat find ways around it anyway by saying things like "foe ok you" and such. You don't have to be that old to comprehend what that means I'm sure, lol. All you have to do is spend five minutes in the Wu realm and you will see this. Open chat or not they find ways to use bad language to harass other players, and most of the time they do it "for fun". I have seen this "fun" turn downright violent though with the nasty language and threats.

I will give you a couple of specific examples, and these are VERY common examples. One day I was playing the game with my daughter who is nine years old. We often play together, and I only let her play when I am on so I can monitor what she's doing and what people are saying to her. She does have closed chat, so she can't see when other people are cursing (unless they use a play on words like I mentioned above), but I can. So on this day, I was nicely talking to someone in the commons when another player came up to our group of three and started harassing us for NO reason at all. He even went so far as to call my nine-year old a very nasty name that I will not repeat. My nine-year old! Are you kidding me? BTW he did know she was a young girl and that she was my daughter because he overheard my conversation with another player before he started bothering us, so he new full well that he was calling a younger kid that name. Now, she couldn't see his comment of course, but I certainly could. Needless to say it made me extremely angry, lol. I was totally uncalled for behavior on his part.

Then, one other time I was in the commons, and I had some gold cards that I didn't need and didn't need to sell at the bazaar. I had a ton of them because I had been farming bosses for pets. So here I am thinking I am doing a nice thing by offering these cards to other players. I came upon a couple standing in the commons. One was Myth and one was Death. I had a lot of cards for those schools, so I asked them if they wanted them and told them they did not have to give me anything at all in return. They immediately laid into me with their attitudes and in basic terms (I'm putting this nicely and won't repeat exactly what they said) said they didn't want my cards. Then, the girl nastily corrected me for calling them "gold" cards instead of "treasure" cards, and proceeded to tell me how dumb I was for simply calling them gold cards. Why? Because she didn't like people calling them that. She obviously knew what I was talking about so I didn't see the big deal. It's not the fact that they refused my cards. I really don't care about that. If they don't want them then fine, but their reaction was completely over-the-top rude and uncalled for. I mean really. How hard is it to simply say no thank you, lol? I would have accepted that, said okay, and walked away.

Of course these are just a couple examples, I have many, many others. If you stand in the commons (especially in Wu) you will see tons of similar examples. There is a fight there about once an hour or more and people constantly cussing and calling other player's names. I think other players need to be aware that there is a wide range of ages that play this game. I'm sure many do know and simply don't care. I try to treat everyone as respectful as possible since you never know who you are talking to. I don't understand why this game has to serve as a medium for nasty behavior, fights and language. It ruins the game for a lot of people. I can't even let my daughter play alone because I am worried who she is going to run into. Seriously, it's a family game and shouldn't be like that, and yes, it is marketed as a family game regardless of what the teens on here think. Just look at the commercials for it on t.v. with young kids, parents, and grandparents talking about it. It's funny how in a game that teens think they rule, no teens are shown in the promo commercial, lol.

Nicole (Level 80, Life Wiz)

I agree I just turned on text chat and I was shocked to see so many players saying this stuff and just generally being rude to other players. It is unacceptable.

Anna Frostheart lvl 45 ice
Anna Goldcatcher lvl 15 storm
Anna Willowsong lvl 5 life

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, today is Monday and so far, it is off to a wonderful start.

I went to the Dye Shop. First thing that happens, A reporter is here.

Apparently, I am very well known there now.

So anyway, a few of the wizards that were there cursing all week were there. They were telling me how their wizards were muted, some for a day, some for a couple days.

They were all being very polite and nobody was cursing. Of course, they all knew I was a reporter. So, I was a bit devious and switched to my lower level death wiz that has the 1 in a million badge, so I did not look like one of the group.

What happened absolutely shocked me.

They were all there and still behaving properly. No other reporters. They even knew there were no reporters. They even asked where my character went. They were talking about how long they were muted for and that they did not want to be muted again.

Of course, as I am writing this, one just happened to be cursing up a storm, at least the rest did not join in.

Yes, there will be a few bad apples, but if we can reach some of them, it gives me hope of a better and brighter spiral.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2011
First off I want to say I am so happy to see so many in the spiral trying to protect it. :D I just wanted to share my spiral rounds last night with everyone. I went to the dye shop in WU realm and OH WOW what language!
I reported, reported and reported. One wizard in general was so foul mouthed my eyes started to pop out of my head. He continued this behavior after being reported several times, laughing that he had done been reported 19 times in one day. He repeatedly used the racial term N***** several times, used the F*** word several times, kept telling people to give him explict favors, telling them how to do these favors. While on going another wizard was talking about male size etc. I am concerned about this going on, due to the fact really none of us know if these are children or adults having this behavior. This could or could not be a predator to our children and ourselves. How can any game have 19 reports, plus all the other reports on a character and not have their account banned forever. Wizard101 we have begged for you to help us clean up the spiral, we have united together to help you in the clean up, please step up and take action against this verbal abuse going on. We love our wizards, we love playing the game but would love to play with out vulgar language and feel that our children are safe from these ones who choose to destroy the fun of the spiral. My ending comment has to be: Wizard101, KI, if this behavior is allowed and not dealt with? Does that mean you are coming out with a world that promotes this behavior? A world where the monsters, curse us, ask us to do explict favors for them and call us racial names? Because in my opinion if you are allowing this to go on, why not start creating worlds to promote this behavior? Because until this behavior has been stopped what else can all of us, who are trying so hard, begging for something to be done, expect?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
QueQueg wrote:

See this? It's called going above and beyond~ I hope that KI is paying attention to these sorts of things, and will back us. And hats off to you, QueQueg, for helping someone who needed it.

Those open-chatters who think it gives them a license to say whatever they want are dead wrong... Chatting in-game is a privilege, not a right, and I hope that KI will revoke the privileges of those who refuse to follow rules.

It'd still be nice to hear one of them back us, though...

@Mackenzie~ I found you on Central! El Veeb=me. :P I've also met Fallon, QueQueg, Darth, and qbb/Iridian... Hopefully will get to meet the rest of you as well!

-Laura/El Veeb

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
@Ionya, the next time you think you see me in the game, just chat Fallon, then I will private chat you. I am in the Dye shop quite often and usually on either Fallon WinterLeaf or Fallon WinterFlame. Both are now using the WCP (Wizard City Protector) badges.

Also thank you for trying to intervene during the mob a few days ago. I am old enough to be grandmother to some of these offenders in the game and I am a great grandmother in real life. If these players think us OLD people don't like to have fun, then they really don't know much about life. lol

Drafonlad1230, I am sorry, your mom was treated so badly. If she is willing, ask her to read this thread. Let her know there are players in this game that don't like how others are treating people and we are trying very hard to help get the game safe again. She can find us in the game as well. Many of us that are posting here would be more than happy to add her as a friend in the game.

Here is a link to a thread on Wizard101 Central also concerning this problem. Some of you have already been there but for those of you that have not, hope to see you there soon.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299280

See you in the Spiral

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I started to see more instant mutes last night, as one minute they were chatting, and the next they had the no chat bubble after being reported several times :)

At one point last night, there was some profanity and sexual innuendos, so I would say "Please watch your language young wizards", and "Please keep the chat clean". All of a sudden, I was surrounded by wizards. I thought to myself, "Oh, oh, here comes the confrontation". But alas, that didn't happen!

They were asking me questions about what I was talking about. What did it mean "keep the chat clean", etc. So, I decided to educate them about how any type of chat falls under the Terms of Use, and told them what was included in the ToU. There were lots of questions, and I answered each one. It was very pleasant, actually. Of course, they asked if I was with KI, to which I said no, but told them there are many people that play who are concerned about protecting young wizards, and wanted to keep the game safe and clean for everyone. I can't believe how nice they were. One would start his question, "excuse me, miss". :)

After I left to go to the Dye Shop, I got a couple of private messages saying "thank you", and "you have a nice evening, miss".

Sometimes what we see and hear in the game is so disgusting, and it frustrates us to no end. However, I'm finding that there ARE wizards out there that ask questions, and are very nice, indeed.

Definitely made me see the 'good', instead of just the 'bad'.

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
bethysue02 wrote:
I will not be renewing my subscription after it is up this month because of issues I voiced in another post, so I wanted to make one more comment before my time in this game is done. I'm not sure what more KI can do about this problem, but something really needs to change with a vast majority of the players on this game. Most of them are just down right nasty to other people. Yes, I know you can ignore and report them, but if I did that to everyone I saw being nasty to me or other players I would be doing nothing but deleting and reporting (which I don't typically do). My main concern is some younger kids DO play this game, and for whatever reason, I have seen some very young players with open chat. Besides that, you don't even have to have open chat. People without open chat find ways around it anyway by saying things like "foe ok you" and such. You don't have to be that old to comprehend what that means I'm sure, lol. All you have to do is spend five minutes in the Wu realm and you will see this. Open chat or not they find ways to use bad language to harass other players, and most of the time they do it "for fun". I have seen this "fun" turn downright violent though with the nasty language and threats.

I will give you a couple of specific examples, and these are VERY common examples. One day I was playing the game with my daughter who is nine years old. We often play together, and I only let her play when I am on so I can monitor what she's doing and what people are saying to her. She does have closed chat, so she can't see when other people are cursing (unless they use a play on words like I mentioned above), but I can. So on this day, I was nicely talking to someone in the commons when another player came up to our group of three and started harassing us for NO reason at all. He even went so far as to call my nine-year old a very nasty name that I will not repeat. My nine-year old! Are you kidding me? BTW he did know she was a young girl and that she was my daughter because he overheard my conversation with another player before he started bothering us, so he new full well that he was calling a younger kid that name. Now, she couldn't see his comment of course, but I certainly could. Needless to say it made me extremely angry, lol. I was totally uncalled for behavior on his part.

Then, one other time I was in the commons, and I had some gold cards that I didn't need and didn't need to sell at the bazaar. I had a ton of them because I had been farming bosses for pets. So here I am thinking I am doing a nice thing by offering these cards to other players. I came upon a couple standing in the commons. One was Myth and one was Death. I had a lot of cards for those schools, so I asked them if they wanted them and told them they did not have to give me anything at all in return. They immediately laid into me with their attitudes and in basic terms (I'm putting this nicely and won't repeat exactly what they said) said they didn't want my cards. Then, the girl nastily corrected me for calling them "gold" cards instead of "treasure" cards, and proceeded to tell me how dumb I was for simply calling them gold cards. Why? Because she didn't like people calling them that. She obviously knew what I was talking about so I didn't see the big deal. It's not the fact that they refused my cards. I really don't care about that. If they don't want them then fine, but their reaction was completely over-the-top rude and uncalled for. I mean really. How hard is it to simply say no thank you, lol? I would have accepted that, said okay, and walked away.

Of course these are just a couple examples, I have many, many others. If you stand in the commons (especially in Wu) you will see tons of similar examples. There is a fight there about once an hour or more and people constantly cussing and calling other player's names. I think other players need to be aware that there is a wide range of ages that play this game. I'm sure many do know and simply don't care. I try to treat everyone as respectful as possible since you never know who you are talking to. I don't understand why this game has to serve as a medium for nasty behavior, fights and language. It ruins the game for a lot of people. I can't even let my daughter play alone because I am worried who she is going to run into. Seriously, it's a family game and shouldn't be like that, and yes, it is marketed as a family game regardless of what the teens on here think. Just look at the commercials for it on t.v. with young kids, parents, and grandparents talking about it. It's funny how in a game that teens think they rule, no teens are shown in the promo commercial, lol.

Nicole (Level 80, Life Wiz)

Please, don't just quit because of a few immature people. I play the game with my nine-year-old son, and find that he has learned alot about teamwork, fairplay and strategy from this game. I, too have experienced some profanities from time to time, usually in the commons or the bazaar. Those seem to be the most popular hangouts for immature people. That is why i avoid those areas when possible. However, when I do experience things of that nature, i report the person immediately. It is only right that Kingsisle be made aware of a few trying to ruin the experience for others. Just let me say, though, that Kingsisle has more filters than the majority of other online games available. So, the fact that your daughter wasn't able to read what was said, is a great testimony to their efforts to make the game kid-safe and family friendly. I hope you continue to play and enjoy the game despite your experience, and would like to add you to my friend list if I ever see you online.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
QueQueg wrote:
I started to see more instant mutes last night, as one minute they were chatting, and the next they had the no chat bubble after being reported several times :)

At one point last night, there was some profanity and sexual innuendos, so I would say "Please watch your language young wizards", and "Please keep the chat clean". All of a sudden, I was surrounded by wizards. I thought to myself, "Oh, oh, here comes the confrontation". But alas, that didn't happen!

They were asking me questions about what I was talking about. What did it mean "keep the chat clean", etc. So, I decided to educate them about how any type of chat falls under the Terms of Use, and told them what was included in the ToU. There were lots of questions, and I answered each one. It was very pleasant, actually. Of course, they asked if I was with KI, to which I said no, but told them there are many people that play who are concerned about protecting young wizards, and wanted to keep the game safe and clean for everyone. I can't believe how nice they were. One would start his question, "excuse me, miss". :)

After I left to go to the Dye Shop, I got a couple of private messages saying "thank you", and "you have a nice evening, miss".

Sometimes what we see and hear in the game is so disgusting, and it frustrates us to no end. However, I'm finding that there ARE wizards out there that ask questions, and are very nice, indeed.

Definitely made me see the 'good', instead of just the 'bad'.

QueQue! You make me so happy :D This is the type of experience we should all have, if we will keep telling the naughty young wizards that 1) What they are saying is against the rules and 2) Why it's such a bad thing to do.

I had a similar breakthrough yesterday morning/early afternoon in the Dye Shop. I ported to join a group of WC Protectors, and the place was packed. Chat was flying fast and furious and, of course, as were the reports. As wizards began to call out "I got reported", some began to identify the reporters in the room. My Myth gal, Alexandria Dreamwalker, was tagged, as was Darth's wizard, along with my sis, Destiny.

I reported silently for a while, but then the urge to EDUCATE overcame me, and I started texting about the terms of use, what are reportable offenses, and why we are concerned about behavior and language in the Spiral. Of course, there was the usual stubborn wizard or two, but some wizards in the Dye Shop were listening, texting affirmation and agreement, and saying things such as "It's about time," and other encouraging chatter. Others were telling the persistent ones to stop, shut up, etc. Three wizards whispered thanks and encouragement to me, and I made some new friends. There was a rowdy pvp match at my house a little later. These are the wizards we are dedicated to keeping safe from the griefers.

QueQue and all WC Protectors, thank you so much for your courage and vision of a safe and happy Spiral!

On a LOL note: A very nice young wizard patiently explained to me that we seasoned wizards of long standing in the Spiral are known as Elders. Apparently, we are highly revered, legends in fact, and our presence in-game carries weight.

Warmest Regards on this Beautiful Day,

Qbb/Iridian, WC Protector

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
First off, I would like to ask Bethysue02, if she is still receiving notifications from this site, to please come back to the game. Your story has made many of us really open our eyes more to what has become a very ugly problem...... Because of you, there are many of us in the process of trying very hard to clean the game back up. It did not used to be like this. Some us have been playing for a long time and it is not that we have purposely ignored the problem, it is mostly because when were are questing and going through the Commons on our way to the Bazaar, we just never stopped long enough to look around. We deeply regret that you and your daughter had such a horrible experience in a game that is supposed to be safe.

I would really like to see you come back to the game and join in the effort that is moving forward because of you. I want to thank you very much for posting your story in it's original form although it took guts to do that. Even though it is now edited, most of us here already know what was really said.

mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:

I do think our efforts are paying off a bit.

I do wish KI would seriously deal with the repeat offenders. I am starting to recognize them. HMMMM wonder if IP mutes are possible?

Thanks all who have joined our ranks to make the Spiral family friendly again. Megan

Megan, yes IP addresses can be muted and BLOCKED temporarily or permanently.

To all others posting here, if you think you see any of my wizards, don't hesitate to ask if you are not sure. Fallon is usually somewhere in the WC area in the evenings especially if not taking a break and questing.

@QueQug, I am so glad that you got such a positive response when you took the time to explain to these young wizards that it was wrong to use such language. This could explain why some of the players we have seen were actually very clean with there chat last night. It did seem much quieter than normal, but I really hope it continues to be so. WELL DONE!!!

Fallon WinterLeaf/L, WinterGarden, WinterShade, WinterCloud, WinterSong and WinterFlame on main account.

Fallon WinterLeaf/F, EmeraldGarden, EmeraldShade, and EmeraldSpear on 2nd account

All of them will be "Wizard City Protectors" even if they don't have the badge.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Wow. It's nice to hear so many encouraging stories... I have yet to experience the same, but this proves that our efforts to clean up the Spiral are not in vain. ;)

Looking at this board, it's amazing how one player inspired the entire movement, and all of us. She wasn't happy with how things were, and wasn't afraid to say it... and look at how far we've come, since then! All it takes is one, and I hope that Bethysue (and others, like Dragonlad's mum) will return to the game and join us in our fight to keep the Spiral clean and safe FOR EVERYONE.

Happy day,
Laura/El Veeb

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Fallon WinterLeaf/L, WinterGarden, WinterShade, WinterCloud, WinterSong and WinterFlame on main account.

Fallon WinterLeaf/F, EmeraldGarden, EmeraldShade, and EmeraldSpear on 2nd account

All of them will be "Wizard City Protectors" even if they don't have the badge.

OH MY. how many wizards do you have?? haha!

Anyways, I noticed the dye shop is worse than all other places in the spiral, anyone else notice so far?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Qbb writes - On a LOL note: A very nice young wizard patiently explained to me that we seasoned wizards of long standing in the Spiral are known as Elders. Apparently, we are highly revered, legends in fact, and our presence in-game carries weight.

That's cool !!! :)

Thank you to everyone for your compliments. :)

It's nice to give the young wizards positive reinforcement. For a Monday (yesterday), it was much better chat-wise. I didn't have to do nearly as many reports as I have been since we started. There were a couple of people that are not muted anymore and I spotted them several times. Taylor, and another one named Fred (Fred is really really nasty with profanity and sexual innuendos).

Keep up the good work, everyone! We're making an impact!

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
goldendragon18 wrote:
@Ionya, the next time you think you see me in the game, just chat Fallon, then I will private chat you. I am in the Dye shop quite often and usually on either Fallon WinterLeaf or Fallon WinterFlame. Both are now using the WCP (Wizard City Protector) badges.

Also thank you for trying to intervene during the mob a few days ago. I am old enough to be grandmother to some of these offenders in the game and I am a great grandmother in real life. If these players think us OLD people don't like to have fun, then they really don't know much about life. lol

In real life I'm younger then most people should be to have text chat and I am still more mature. This both frightens me and makes me proud.

And right now I am taking a break because I fear my eyes will deteriorate if I see much more profanity. Thankfully I have also met some wonderful players and would like to say hats off to them and thank them for the help in Grizzleheim/Wintertusk and Dragonspyre.

Scarlet Nightdreamer - Level 49 Diviner

(Woot, I got Storm Lord. :D)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I have to agree with GoldenDragon18, we are all at fault for letting things get this out of control.

We must now make our best efforts to do what we can to clean the spiral back up. Many of us have taken our posts in this quest.

KI has not said anything to us officially, but their actions are speaking loud and clear to me. The amount of people being muted and instantly muted shows me that KI is taking this seriously too.

We have reached a lot of people and "Maybe" even gotten some of them to see the error of their ways.

I am happy to see so many concerned citizens wanting to clean up the spiral and make it safe and clean for everyone. This is a great game that we all love and adore and it gives me great pride to see so many of us working together on this effort.

Thank you all for your time and effort and keep up the good work.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
Anyone want to join me for a reporting session?

Oh, I am SOOOO there. I have a seven year old daughter, and sometimes I log on for the SOLE purpose of finding people to report. I never wait long. If KI would ever consider hiring some of us to police this stuff, we wouldn't disappoint.

My favorite thing to do is to report them...and hang around just long enough to watch how upset they get for being reported. They usually say something that I report them for a second time. Love it!

I've used it as a good teaching experience with my daughter. "See this idiot, honey? He'll never amount to anything in life. I am so glad I have you - you are awesome. I'm so proud that you are my daughter, and you wouldn't ever talk like this to people. Aren't they stupid?". Then we share a nice hearty laugh.

But the prior posts are SO right - we ALL have to be policing this stuff, all the time. Shoot for 5 reports a day before you log off, parents. Let's send a message that we are watching.....

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
mamatomaddy wrote:
Anyone want to join me for a reporting session?

Oh, I am SOOOO there. I have a seven year old daughter, and sometimes I log on for the SOLE purpose of finding people to report. I never wait long. If KI would ever consider hiring some of us to police this stuff, we wouldn't disappoint.

My favorite thing to do is to report them...and hang around just long enough to watch how upset they get for being reported. They usually say something that I report them for a second time. Love it!

I've used it as a good teaching experience with my daughter. "See this idiot, honey? He'll never amount to anything in life. I am so glad I have you - you are awesome. I'm so proud that you are my daughter, and you wouldn't ever talk like this to people. Aren't they stupid?". Then we share a nice hearty laugh.

But the prior posts are SO right - we ALL have to be policing this stuff, all the time. Shoot for 5 reports a day before you log off, parents. Let's send a message that we are watching.....

Don't forget about us kids. I am aiming for my brother too never have to worry about this while he plays, it will be my thing to worry about and not his.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
I have to say when i got got text chat a few weeks ago i was in for a shock when i stepped in the Commons. There was so immature behavior and cussing in the Commons that i have never seen before. It was frighting. One glance at it and i teleported away.

This isn't just in the Commons, it's everywhere! It's mind-boggling some of the stuff those Wizards say...

Some random Wizard asked my Friend to be his 'girl'. Oh my gosh. This is just sickening. Online dating on a family friend game? I can't believe that...

I just don't understand why people would do that. Why would people cuss on Wizard101? What does it do? Don't they know the consequences?

Kudos to the concerned parents/grandparents and aunts and uncles who wants to keep the game safe for kids like me!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I have always kept an eye out for things in my travels, I never really went to certain realms to find it and I wear a variety of badges, such as Peacemaker, the Wizard City Protector and Savor of the Spiral.

I report very selectively because I am not totally sure past out right swearing what is reportable and I have made some false reports in the past.

An example is, the other day in the commons a girl was there soliciting any one wanting to go to a st x p club? I have seen this behavior before and they get quite a few takers in a short amount of time and they all port away, I am pretty sure it's about tricking them out of their treasure cards but am not sure. I guess I have to make a wizard and find out what goes on before I know if it's reportable.