Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rudeness/Attitudes of Players...

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 10, 2010
291
First off, Daniel, cursing is just plain rude. It also shows the low mentality of those who can't communicate in a more intelligent manner. Yes, cursing is rampant in real life; that doesn't make it acceptable to everyone. You certainly won't last long in most workplaces if you curse a lot when speaking to others. I would have fired you so fast your head would swim if you behaved in such a disrepectful manner.

Shoot, even when I would visit my U S Marine son, they would clean up their language around me. Its a little thing called respect.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
40
DanielThunderFlame

You say you are offended by the poster. That's good.
You should be.
If it was me, I would have handed them their head on a silver plate.
That's me though.

You say that the poster shouldn't let it bother them.
Wait until you are old enough to have children and this happens to them.

What will you do? Nothing?
I doubt it.
Any parent who loves their child would be angry and/or upset.

Maybe, now if you see things like that happening to others, you might step in and do something about it.

In case you want to know my age, which you more than likely don't; that's fine.

I have been around for 10 American Presidents.

All I'm saying, is, if you criticize someone, you need to walk a mile in their shoes first.
That way you can understand what they are going through, or feel.


Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
alex132444 wrote:
Hello QBB ,
I have been in wu 1 doing reporting for a while now you may want to hurry my fingers getting tired lol.


Haha, that was absolutely disgusting. I went, I read, I couldn't believe my eyes... so many unpleasant words, fairly early in the day even.

Here's what I learned:

Wu 2 seems the worst. Wu 1 and 3 weren't highly populated, although I did see some charming language on Wu 1.

I noticed that the majority of wizards I reported were mid-to-very low-level wizards, some even level 3-4. There seemed to be one particular instigator (FOUL, I say) who apparently didn't have any other words to use than the "F" word, "mother", the "A" word, etc. Charming. The other wizards in the group were not so bad, but as the conversation wore on, some of the girls started to curse. Then the boys. THEN, the suggestive comments -- but from the GIRLS.

What I take away from my two visits to Wu is this: Wu realm is infested with tweens-to-teens, many of whom are EITHER free players or PvP warlords and commanders. The young'uns require supervision, or they will continue to share inappropriate behavior patterns with others.

I highly recommend everyone concerned about this problem take a little vacation to Wu 2, the Commons.

Qbb

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1531
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:

No disrespect, but what can a little bit of cursing and name calling in an online game really do?? Can someone really be emotionally scarred or depressed by people she doesnt even know? Granted, Facebook, twitter, real life, rumors in school, etc. yes that has an impact. But she doestn even know these people and she can get away. This is not a threat to her well being at ALL.


Well everyone agreed to TOU. People doing things you described are breaking TOU and subject to sanctions. Furthermore what happened to good behavior? This is a YOUNG child who in a E10+ game should not have to worry about such things.

From the FAQ under what is a reportable offense. We appreciate that our players want to make Wizard City the best it can be, and we've placed the tools in your hand to report players for inappropriate behavior. We ask that you use the reporting feature to identify truly egregious behavior, such as creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use. The old story of “the kid that cried wolf” has a lot of bearing in this situation and we trust that all reports received by players are valid and require support intervention.


Megan, you took the words right out of my thoughts.

Those of you that do see this as a problem, need to go back and read the ToU. Many of us do what we can to reduce this kind of behavior in the game and will continue to do so. I don't care if you are an adult, teen or younger. If I see it, I will REPORT it. It does not take a genius to figure out what is being said when some go around the filters. If you can't play this game without using that kind of language, then you either need to be muted, banned, or go play a game that allows its use. This is an E10+ as Megan has already pointed out.

If my best friend did this, I would report them then delete and ignore them permanently.

Nicole, I hope that whatever your reasons are, things work out for you. But I do want to thank you for posting this issue. It does keep many of us on our toes and it does help when we know what realm the worst of it is taking place. I think most of us avoid Wu for that reason, but maybe we should all check it out during our runs through the commons and hopefully we can clean it up.
Good luck.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
bionaknight wrote:
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
ssss55123 wrote:
Its something of an "education" to hang out in the Commons and evesdrop on the conversations. Not always a nice one either sadly.
Yesterday, my level 78 ice wizard was "listening in" on a bit of drama and a random level 4 ( or maybe below that) came up to her and told her that she hated her. No reason whatsoever. I laughed to myself and said "ok." She decided to accelerate her hostility towards me and went on a bit more.
There were other wizards around either encouraging her or telling her to be quiet.
She then told me that I made her sick and she was going to throw up. I really was laughing by then and told her she had a problem then. I then put her on ignore so I wouldn't have to hear/read her hostile drivel anymore. But she started following me around until I switched realms.
I'm an adult so it was water off a duck's back to me. But we don't know the ages of any of the players unless told. Shoot, I could claim to be the Queen of Sheba! lol
The little "darling" was trying to either hurt my feelings or start a fight: Bless her heart. But WHY?! What does behavior such as that prove? As far as I'm concerned, it just proves how rude, crude, and socially unacceptable some people can be towards others.
Bettysue, I'm sad to see that the behavior of those others have you leaving the game. But I certainly understand. The safety and well being of your daughter is much more important!

Susan


No disrespect, but what can a little bit of cursing and name calling in an online game really do?? Can someone really be emotionally scarred or depressed by people she doesnt even know? Granted, Facebook, twitter, real life, rumors in school, etc. yes that has an impact. But she doestn even know these people and she can get away. This is not a threat to her well being at ALL.
Bullying is bullying. I can't believe you could be so cold, no disrespect meant. Yes, they could be emotionally scarred and depressed. I believe there was an instance of suicide from a similar situation.

OP,
I am deeply sorry for what happened to your daughter. There are some people who are simply insane and will do this sort of thing. I report it on sight. If I ever see the person who said that, he is going to take a Report square in the mouth. I wish you better luck with people in the future. Though I wouldn't suggest looking for them in Hub Zones such as the Commons.


Thats not what I mean. I'm saying that this is diffrent. This has much easier solutions. Such as leaving the area, switching realms etc. if they keep messaging you quit than come back in. or ignore it. your done after that.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
ssss55123 wrote:
First off, Daniel, cursing is just plain rude. It also shows the low mentality of those who can't communicate in a more intelligent manner. Yes, cursing is rampant in real life; that doesn't make it acceptable to everyone. You certainly won't last long in most workplaces if you curse a lot when speaking to others. I would have fired you so fast your head would swim if you behaved in such a disrepectful manner.

Shoot, even when I would visit my U S Marine son, they would clean up their language around me. Its a little thing called respect.


I never said it was a good thing. I dont know where your getting that assumption that i said it was ok. Yes is rude. I'm not denying that.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
Peabotz wrote:
DanielThunderFlame

You say you are offended by the poster. That's good.
You should be.
If it was me, I would have handed them their head on a silver plate.
That's me though.

You say that the poster shouldn't let it bother them.
Wait until you are old enough to have children and this happens to them.

What will you do? Nothing?
I doubt it.
Any parent who loves their child would be angry and/or upset.

Maybe, now if you see things like that happening to others, you might step in and do something about it.

In case you want to know my age, which you more than likely don't; that's fine.

I have been around for 10 American Presidents.

All I'm saying, is, if you criticize someone, you need to walk a mile in their shoes first.
That way you can understand what they are going through, or feel.



You know maybe your right. Considering if only been alive for 3 presidents, maybe i need to take your advice. But I'm just voicing my opinion. ?Isnt what this forum is for.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
bethysue02 wrote:
I think some of you are misunderstanding my post as far as the reason I am leaving the game. This is not necessarily why I am leaving the game. I am leaving the game for several combined reasons that have made me realize this is no longer something I want to invest my money in. I just made this post now because my membership is up soon, and I felt the need to comment on the boards while I still can. I have been playing this game for several years, and have encountered many things that have made me question whether or not I want to continue playing. This is just one of them. Granted it is a big concern of mine, especially considering my child plays.

As for the person that says my daughter's exposure to this is my own fault. That's a little ridiculous don't you think? She has limited chat so she and I can talk while we play. She likes to be able to chat with me on the game even if we are in the same room together at home. It's fun for her, and she should be able to use filtered chat without me worrying about her running into foul language. That is why it's filtered. I don't let her talk in open/adult chat. Now, that would be asking for trouble. I really am not sure why you are defending some of this nasty behavior by pointing the finger back at me.

In terms of me being an adult and being able to handle it, I can handle it just fine, but that's not my point. My point is that this behavior should not be happening in a "family game" where young children play . I should be able to let my daughter play without hovering over her shoulder worrying about who she is going to run into. I have told her to ignore certain people and to take nothing personally, but that doesn't change the fact that it shouldn't be happening in the first place. I am not talking about the players that are a little sarcastic here and there. A little playful banter is fine as long as it's not bothering anyone. I am talking about the players that are downright nasty.

I also don't hang out in Wu that often like I think some of you think. I just know from past experience that that realm in particular is a good example of the behavior that goes on, which is why I mentioned it. It just happens there more frequently...pretty much on a daily basis.

Thank you to all of you that shared my concerns and voiced your opinions. It sounds like most of you are doing a great job at helping to prevent some of this. I just wish we didn't have to deal with it to the extent it occurs in the first place. My membership is up in two days so I just wanted to make this post before then. Good luck all, and I hope you continue to enjoy the game. My daughter and I have definitely had a blast with it regardless of some of the problems.

Nicole (Level 80, Life Wiz)


One last thing in that case. I appreciate what you are doing for your duaghter even if i disagree with the method. Good luck.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1531
queenlybluebean wrote:
alex132444 wrote:
Hello QBB ,
I have been in wu 1 doing reporting for a while now you may want to hurry my fingers getting tired lol.


Haha, that was absolutely disgusting. I went, I read, I couldn't believe my eyes... so many unpleasant words, fairly early in the day even.

Here's what I learned:

Wu 2 seems the worst. Wu 1 and 3 weren't highly populated, although I did see some charming language on Wu 1.

I noticed that the majority of wizards I reported were mid-to-very low-level wizards, some even level 3-4. There seemed to be one particular instigator (FOUL, I say) who apparently didn't have any other words to use than the "F" word, "mother", the "A" word, etc. Charming. The other wizards in the group were not so bad, but as the conversation wore on, some of the girls started to curse. Then the boys. THEN, the suggestive comments -- but from the GIRLS.

What I take away from my two visits to Wu is this: Wu realm is infested with tweens-to-teens, many of whom are EITHER free players or PvP warlords and commanders. The young'uns require supervision, or they will continue to share inappropriate behavior patterns with others.

I highly recommend everyone concerned about this problem take a little vacation to Wu 2, the Commons.

Qbb


Qbb, Alex132444, I can use a little vacation time, I will join in the search and rescue of our young wizards.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1077
Well, I've started hanging around in the Wu areas and park myself in the Commons for a few minutes in between quests, or on my way to the Bazaar.

WOW. It's bad and it's filled with foul language, suggestive behavior (ie: "Anyone want to give me a lap dance?"), arguments, rudeness, attitudes, and whatever else I haven't thought of.

Most of them are very low level wizards, but I've seen a few mid-level, along with PvP commanders and warlords mixed in.

I will do my best to step up and do what needs to be done, which is report reportable offenses.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2010
24
I am so offended that what you said actually made it through the filters... I cancelled my sub. Not because these kind of things don't happen, but because KI didn't "filter" your post after 2+ days, with a better word.
I'm offended you'd even repeat what some random, not very nice person would say to your child, here on the forums, just to make your point.
I, so totally don't like drama, but this, to me, is the worst.

I'm sorry someone would say something wicked and nasty to your little person, but, what bothers me the most...
nobody looked to see what aweful things you were saying here, ( in front of all the little people who do read these forums...), and nobody just changed your wording a little bit to get your point across, but still let you keep the spirit of what you were saying.
I don't even know who to be mad at.
You, for making it worse, by needing to have everybody know what aweful word was used, or, KI for not looking at the words you were actually saying midpost....

I refuse, tho' to not put a lot of this aweful, aweful subject on to your shoulders. You should have just reported the person, e-mailed KI, ( if neccessary) and moved on.
There is no need to "share" that kind of stuff with "everybody".

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
13
pizzamonkey71 wrote:
I am so offended that what you said actually made it through the filters... I cancelled my sub. Not because these kind of things don't happen, but because KI didn't "filter" your post after 2+ days, with a better word.
I'm offended you'd even repeat what some random, not very nice person would say to your child, here on the forums, just to make your point.
I, so totally don't like drama, but this, to me, is the worst.

I'm sorry someone would say something wicked and nasty to your little person, but, what bothers me the most...
nobody looked to see what aweful things you were saying here, ( in front of all the little people who do read these forums...), and nobody just changed your wording a little bit to get your point across, but still let you keep the spirit of what you were saying.
I don't even know who to be mad at.
You, for making it worse, by needing to have everybody know what aweful word was used, or, KI for not looking at the words you were actually saying midpost....

I refuse, tho' to not put a lot of this aweful, aweful subject on to your shoulders. You should have just reported the person, e-mailed KI, ( if neccessary) and moved on.
There is no need to "share" that kind of stuff with "everybody".


Okay, pizzamoney. I have edited my original post now to appease you. I do want to say though that if you are so offended by me using the word to explain the full weight of the issue here, then you might not want to hang out on this game for much longer where you will see this word and worse (I am glad someone pointed out some of the sexual comments that are made in the game. I was going to mention that as well, but I forgot. And those comments can be very easily made in filtered chat where kids will see them). Actually, if you are offended by this one word being said here then you should understand why I was so offended when my child was called that name. If me using the word once outrages you so much, then you should be even more outraged by the game where words like that are used frequently every single day in areas of the game where young kids are absolutely certain to see them.

In terms of 9-year-olds reading this board, I think that is pretty unlikely, or maybe I am just naive to the fact that they do. My daughter does not even know about this board or how to get to it, and in all honesty, she shouldn't. There is no reason she or any child her age should be here reading this. The adult (or teen) that controls the account and pays for the membership should be the ones that come here if concerns need to be shared. If young kids my daughter's age are here reading this board, then chances are their parents give them full run of the internet (which I do not let my child have) and they have seen and heard much worse than that one word I stated to make my example. However, young kids certainly play the game. My daughter is soon to be 10 but I know children younger than her that play, and I am sure there are many young kids that play out there without parental supervision. I didn't think me saying that one word on a message board that is most likely filled with teens and adults that have already heard it, compares to someone using it in the game where it is certain to be seen by younger players. Especially considering some very young players, for whatever reason, have open chat.

Regardless of what the two or three naysayers in this thread think, this is a problem, and I am glad the majority of people see it that way. I do talk to my child about what is right and what is wrong, and I do tell her not to take the rudeness of some players personally. But that does not change the fact that it should not be occurring as much as it does in the first place. If kids want to act out with foul language and sexual innuendos then they need to find a better place to do it then a family game where young kids play. My membership is up this evening. Thank you to those that do see this as an issue and are doing something about it. :)

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1531
pizzamonkey71 wrote:
I am so offended that what you said actually made it through the filters... I cancelled my sub. Not because these kind of things don't happen, but because KI didn't "filter" your post after 2+ days, with a better word.
I'm offended you'd even repeat what some random, not very nice person would say to your child, here on the forums, just to make your point.
I, so totally don't like drama, but this, to me, is the worst.

I'm sorry someone would say something wicked and nasty to your little person, but, what bothers me the most...
nobody looked to see what aweful things you were saying here, ( in front of all the little people who do read these forums...), and nobody just changed your wording a little bit to get your point across, but still let you keep the spirit of what you were saying.
I don't even know who to be mad at.
You, for making it worse, by needing to have everybody know what aweful word was used, or, KI for not looking at the words you were actually saying midpost....

I refuse, tho' to not put a lot of this aweful, aweful subject on to your shoulders. You should have just reported the person, e-mailed KI, ( if neccessary) and moved on.
There is no need to "share" that kind of stuff with "everybody".


If you choose to cancell your sub because a concerned parents post was not edited to your satisfaction, then that is up to you. You could have also emailed KI staff and asked that the post be edited in that particular comment.

Maybe the post should have been filtered a little but the fact is, that posting the incident, it reminds many of us that we are all responsible for reporting these kinds of things.

There may be some young ones reading this, but for the most part, most of them don't come to this site that often.

The real issue is that Wu realm has really gotten out of hand on the inappropriate languages and suggestivity. I did spend some time there yesterday and was really appalled how bad it had gotten and yes, I did some reporting while I was there, but there were also a few others there reporting as well. I saw one player make the comment that she had just been report 4 times. GOOD. I saw one that I and others reported come off with another string of foul language because he got reported and guess what, he was reported AGAIN. Some of these players are not young kids. They are teens that have been given open chat from the begining by the parent or they are adults. And from the content of the open chat you can tell who is adult. You can also tell who has filtered chat from that content as well.

The biggest issue in Wu is that the chat flows so fast that you have to be fairly quick to catch some of them and be careful not to make a false report against someone else.

Again, Posting these topics keeps those of us that do care on our toes. We don't like this in the game and will do what we can to reduce it as much as possible.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
323
pizzamonkey71 wrote:
I am so offended that what you said actually made it through the filters... I cancelled my sub. Not because these kind of things don't happen, but because KI didn't "filter" your post after 2+ days, with a better word.
I'm offended you'd even repeat what some random, not very nice person would say to your child, here on the forums, just to make your point.
I, so totally don't like drama, but this, to me, is the worst.

I'm sorry someone would say something wicked and nasty to your little person, but, what bothers me the most...
nobody looked to see what aweful things you were saying here, ( in front of all the little people who do read these forums...), and nobody just changed your wording a little bit to get your point across, but still let you keep the spirit of what you were saying.
I don't even know who to be mad at.
You, for making it worse, by needing to have everybody know what aweful word was used, or, KI for not looking at the words you were actually saying midpost....

I refuse, tho' to not put a lot of this aweful, aweful subject on to your shoulders. You should have just reported the person, e-mailed KI, ( if neccessary) and moved on.
There is no need to "share" that kind of stuff with "everybody".


I would say what the OP did is actually positive. There are at least 2 players who hang around Wu now to do what we all should be doing.
As to being offended by a word, that is your business. Words are only as powerful as YOU make them.
Illustrating the severity of the violations was enough to get 3 people (including me) to (finally in me case) step up and do what they can to help.
As to your cancelling your sub, that is your business as well. Since you did cancel your sub I guess you won't be able to reply, but I would say that this forum is a better place to illustrate in-game problems then for a new free player to be seeing it first hand in the commons while contemplating a subscription.
Just my 2c.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1077
goldendragon18 wrote:
pizzamonkey71 wrote:
I am so offended that what you said actually made it through the filters... I cancelled my sub. Not because these kind of things don't happen, but because KI didn't "filter" your post after 2+ days, with a better word.
I'm offended you'd even repeat what some random, not very nice person would say to your child, here on the forums, just to make your point.
I, so totally don't like drama, but this, to me, is the worst.

I'm sorry someone would say something wicked and nasty to your little person, but, what bothers me the most...
nobody looked to see what aweful things you were saying here, ( in front of all the little people who do read these forums...), and nobody just changed your wording a little bit to get your point across, but still let you keep the spirit of what you were saying.
I don't even know who to be mad at.
You, for making it worse, by needing to have everybody know what aweful word was used, or, KI for not looking at the words you were actually saying midpost....

I refuse, tho' to not put a lot of this aweful, aweful subject on to your shoulders. You should have just reported the person, e-mailed KI, ( if neccessary) and moved on.
There is no need to "share" that kind of stuff with "everybody".


If you choose to cancell your sub because a concerned parents post was not edited to your satisfaction, then that is up to you. You could have also emailed KI staff and asked that the post be edited in that particular comment.

Maybe the post should have been filtered a little but the fact is, that posting the incident, it reminds many of us that we are all responsible for reporting these kinds of things.

There may be some young ones reading this, but for the most part, most of them don't come to this site that often.

The real issue is that Wu realm has really gotten out of hand on the inappropriate languages and suggestivity. I did spend some time there yesterday and was really appalled how bad it had gotten and yes, I did some reporting while I was there, but there were also a few others there reporting as well. I saw one player make the comment that she had just been report 4 times. GOOD. I saw one that I and others reported come off with another string of foul language because he got reported and guess what, he was reported AGAIN. Some of these players are not young kids. They are teens that have been given open chat from the begining by the parent or they are adults. And from the content of the open chat you can tell who is adult. You can also tell who has filtered chat from that content as well.

The biggest issue in Wu is that the chat flows so fast that you have to be fairly quick to catch some of them and be careful not to make a false report against someone else.

Again, Posting these topics keeps those of us that do care on our toes. We don't like this in the game and will do what we can to reduce it as much as possible.


Goldendragon:

You and I may have been in Wu at the same time by the way you're describing some of the incidents. Over the last two days, I've submitted about 20 reports, and I'm sure there are some I missed, because the chat went so fast, it was hard to backtrack in the 'conversation box'.

Once some of these offenders were reported, they let out a huge string of more obnoxious foul language. I heard one comment that he was reported 12 times today. Did he get a clue? NOPE. He kept at it and more people reported him. He also made the comment that people were stupid to report him, that this is just a game, it's not real life.

The interesting thing is, when someone gets reported, they sit and blame others in their group, not realizing it could be someone clear across the Commons, (that, I have to admit, I kinda enjoyed).

The sexual innuendos run rampant as well. I heard one guy/kid say he wanted to "r" all the girls in his group (the "r" meaning a felony assault, generally against a woman). I couldn't hit the report button fast enough, as that was totally uncalled for.

Some I know are/were offended by the OP's post and/or language used in it (before it was edited by the OP). I am glad that some are really stepping up (including myself) to try and make KI aware by reporting the offensive behavior and language. If we can get more people involved, more power to us!

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
goldendragon18 wrote:
Qbb, Alex132444, I can use a little vacation time, I will join in the search and rescue of our young wizards.


Thanks, Fallon. I appreciate knowing there are other mature players out there to watch over the younger ones.

Just be sure to wear some protective gear to deflect the smut. It's thick in Wu these days. Something about the tree in front of Ambrose's house...

Look for me: Iridian, Moira, or Scarlet :)

Happy Monitoring,

Qbb

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
QueQueg wrote:
I am glad that some are really stepping up (including myself) to try and make KI aware by reporting the offensive behavior and language. If we can get more people involved, more power to us!


Yes, yes!

Have you/anyone else noticed the large number of "Wizard City Protector" badges visible in the Commons lately? Is it a clever means of identification, or is it painful irony?

QueQue, I think it's interesting that you noticed the reaction of reported wizards. They DO immediately accuse their "friends" of reporting them. Is it that they really don't trust one another, or is it that they are so group-centric that they don't even notice the people around them? Either way, this is a sad thing; to distrust friends and/or to simply not notice the other people sharing a space, both point to the sorts of behaviors they are modeling from IRL.

Eh, and now we arrive at the larger issue of parental guidance and oversight, which reminds me of why I home school... It's a good thing I have plenty of time to play in the Spiral with my boys, yes?

Cya in Wu2,

Qbb

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
8
It's not just in the commons anymore. I was playing around the spiral yesterday and was harassed by two male wizards for no reason other than me being a female. They were both obviously adolescents with open chat when they clearly shouldn't have open chat.

Also, another thing I have noticed is while passing through the commons, I will see things like, "I need a boy." or "I need a girl." This is frightening for me! Who's to say these aren't adults trying to lore children? There are a lot of sick people in this world. :( In my opinion, the words "boy" and "girl" should be blocked or perhaps KI should use age verification before allowing open chat? Anyone can lie about their age!

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1531
QueQueg wrote:


Goldendragon:

You and I may have been in Wu at the same time by the way you're describing some of the incidents. Over the last two days, I've submitted about 20 reports, and I'm sure there are some I missed, because the chat went so fast, it was hard to backtrack in the 'conversation box'.

Once some of these offenders were reported, they let out a huge string of more obnoxious foul language. I heard one comment that he was reported 12 times today. Did he get a clue? NOPE. He kept at it and more people reported him. He also made the comment that people were stupid to report him, that this is just a game, it's not real life.

The interesting thing is, when someone gets reported, they sit and blame others in their group, not realizing it could be someone clear across the Commons, (that, I have to admit, I kinda enjoyed).

The sexual innuendos run rampant as well. I heard one guy/kid say he wanted to "r" all the girls in his group (the "r" meaning a felony assault, generally against a woman). I couldn't hit the report button fast enough, as that was totally uncalled for.

Some I know are/were offended by the OP's post and/or language used in it (before it was edited by the OP). I am glad that some are really stepping up (including myself) to try and make KI aware by reporting the offensive behavior and language. If we can get more people involved, more power to us!


Lol. Very possible. I was there on a young Balance wizard from my other account. I figured the lower my level, the better I would blend.

I also saw some of them saying a pretty good string after being reported. I also noticed something else when I went back last night on my storm from main account..... You will always find the same players there. The second area got started a little bit last night but not near what the first area does.

Yes, I did see the "r" word being used but like you said, the chat flows so fast it is hard to keep up with them. I believe there were at least 2 others reporting the same time we were there.

I had one last night make a this comment after I reported him for the REALLY bad word: "Stop falsely reporting me". I just laughed to myself and he either moved on or left the game. He never said another thing while I was there.

@Qbb, my young balance got away clean. My storm (lvl 53) was tagged for a spy last night. lol But no big deal. She was doing a lot of spinning and moved around quite a bit and never spoke to anyone so as far as they know I was AFK a lot. Getting behind a building helps keep you out of sight as well. lol

I was there for a little while today, but all was fairly quiet at the time. I can imagine the regulars are there now so may take my new lvl 5 fire to see what is up.

All of my wizards go by Fallon as first name and Winter___________ or Emerald___________. lol. No imagination there. But easier for me to keep track of since they are friended on each account.

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
78
alex132444 wrote:
Hello QBB ,
I have been in wu 1 doing reporting for a while now you may want to hurry my fingers getting tired lol.


I'm happy to help report these inappropriate people in Wu, and I have been for a while. The best way to report them is to just sit in wu for about, eh, two minutes, depending on how fast they are chatting, then go home. Then, you just scroll through your chat box and report the bad things. This way, you run no risk of false reporting. :)

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
328
I will agree realm wu usually is crowded, I was one of the first there. It really used to be empty with like 2 or 3 people in it. Now I see about 40 or 50 in the realm. I always liked realm wu because my first player was a life wizard. But, everyone will agree with more people are more nice people. But in other terms there are more snobish, rudest, childest, immature, sexest, bratty, and wanna bees in the place. I definally will love this problem fixed. If people didn't call reporting "snitching," it would be rare to see any rude people. I dont mind a cuss here and there, maybe in a house or something.. NEVER out of my little dome.. oh no.. If anyone swears around filters out of a house I automatically will report them.. that's not a threat.. it's a promise. I truly hope everyone will start reporting ( not false ) when people swear.

Jason Archmage Diviner

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
30
All in all, as parents, grandparents, caregivers and responsible players of this game, we need to hold ourselves accountable for our own language within the game and watch out for others who are too immature to be conscious of their own actions and choices of words, and do something to raise their awareness, like reporting them, so that they will learn to curb their language choices and think twice before trying to defeat the chat filters that K.I. has put in place to protect everyone.

This IS a family game, not a venue for folks to swear and make derogatory and insulting statements to others. K.I. has a Terms of Use for that reason, and everyone needs to adhere to that - EVERYONE!

We need to hold tight as a community and report, report, report whenever we see inappropriate statements, comments, words being used, and blatant disrespect.

As Qbb suggested, I too entered the realm of Wu and was astonished to see the language of a particular few people (females included) and I did not hesitate to report them. When they made retaliatory statements and continued their barrage of colorful word choices, I reported them again... and again... and again....

The message needs to resonate with people that such language in this game will not be tolerated. If we just ignore and turn a blind eye to the problem, it won't get any better - it will just fester and continue to get worse, like a bad infection. The medication is reporting.

K.I. gave us this tool in hopes that responsible players will utilize the feature of the reporting process, because they certainly can't employ enough staff to catch it all. They need our help to curb this behavior from those who don't seem to care who is around to see their words. Shameful!

Let's ban together - take those few extra seconds or minutes to notice and report those reportable offenses.

It's all for the continued enjoyment of everyone in the Spiral.

Destiny/Destiny SpiritGiver


Delver
Jul 21, 2009
225
Yes sadly i have had to report a few myself. I don't like to but my son plays this game and as a father i don't want him seeing these things. Am sure am not alone on that one. However i also think Ki needs to update there safeguard as kids have found work a rounds to the chat filters. Am not trying by any means to talk bad about KI just saying the chat filters need to be updated.

This part is to KI. again not being mean am being a father to my son. You need to log on a wizard don't matter what and sit in game for a few hours and listen to what is being said by kids, In a game you all work very hard to keep up. I for one enjoy the game very much and hate to see some rude players change that. Sadly i seen a few post from players saying they will not renew anymore due to these same reason. Sure only a few players now But you think others wont leave also ? Am not trying to be rude or be mean in any way. Just would like to see something done about the chat filters that these kids are getting around. Other then this i enjoy the game very much and look forward to the next updates :)

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
Wow! Just look at what we can do when we feel empowered, supported, validated. This is inspiring, to see so many people taking up the cause of a clean and safe Spiral.

See you in Wu2 :)

Qbb and her various humanoids from around the Spiral


Delver
Apr 10, 2010
291
I've had some of my wizards log in and sit in Wu realm around the Commons and even Olde Town. It may be my level 80 or one of my "baby" wizards on my second account. I may now be logging in a bit early in the evenings, but it seems that there is a bit less of the foulness about. lol Of course it was Friday and Saturday nights, the "darlings" with the foul language may have had something else to do.

I'm hoping that the word has gotten around that, yes, we adults are going to be there and monitor the conduct. While I don't have any minor children playing this game, I feel as an adult, I still need to do my part in keeping it clean for others' children.

I'll see you all in the Commons!