Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rudeness/Attitudes of Players...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 24, 2009
126
I have to agree with you, this is why I actually took a break for a few months so I would not completely quit. You see, the Wu realm is one you probably want to stay away from. Most of those people who hang there are teenagers with open chat who don't know any better.
I do worry for the little kids, too. I think the best thing is to try and make sure the kids don't go into any of the "avoid me!" realms. That is what one part of the community calls them, anyway.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
Some random Wizard asked my Friend to be his 'girl'. Oh my gosh. This is just sickening. Online dating on a family friend game? I can't believe that...

Yup. It's pretty bad. Not only do they say "I need a girl/boy", but also "I need a mom/dad" and "I want a son/daughter". These kids pretend they have boyfriends/girlfriends online. They also "get married" in the game, picking colors and locations in which to get married, then having a 'ceremony'.

I report very selectively because I am not totally sure past out right swearing what is reportable and I have made some false reports in the past.

brwac,
Not everything is black and white. There are shades of gray that may or may not fall under reportable, depending on my interpretation, compared to KI's interpretation. I try very very hard to be careful, and so far, I haven't gotten in trouble with KI (knock on wood).

Swearing and swearing around the filter is definitely reportable, as well as racist remarks or words. I do report for sexual content, but more in the explicit category, as there are some gray area there. But, I will speak up and comment "Please keep the chat clean". Bullying and threats are reportable, but there's a huge gray area, so I'm very selective there. Disclosing personal information is reportable, including account information. I did run across this once, when a wizard wanted to trade accounts with someone, so I did report it.

It definitely helps when there are more than one person to help 'patrol'. In the Dye Shop yesterday, there were many Wizard City Protectors from here. When we made comments to people, there were others in the Dye Shop who chimed in to help stop the profanity. It was fantastic to see so many people sick and tired of the bad behavior. A young wizard commented "This is a children's game, adults are ruining it". We all found this comment quite amusing ..... :)

Rowan Dragonstrider - L80 Balance
Brynn IceBlade - L80 Ice
Valkoor ShadowBlade - L56 Death
Lenora JadeThief - L35 Myth
Kieran JadeThief - L6 Fire
Logan HawkCatcher - L11 Storm


A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1527
@Cassieluv2676 The incident you discribe can very well happen. What we are discovering is that some of these players probably already have their main wizard or account muted. The will make new wizards and usually with the same name, be right back spouting the same offensive language within minutes. The unfortunate part is that this is one of the areas that KI is neglecting to put a block on those IP addresses or mute all accounts made by that person. If an account gets muted, it only takes them a few minutes to make a new free account and be right back at it again. It gets very frustrating to see these same ones able to come right back in without stricter sanctions on any account they make.

@Brwac, nice to see you here as well. As for following one of these players, I would be very careful about doing so. Even if they are porting to the girl's house, even there, ALL CHAT IS LOGGED BY KI.

@Randomperson16, most that use this type of language do so out of ignorance, I am sorry to say. It is disrespectful all around you and it is disrespectful to yourself when you do this. Many think it makes them look more mature, but in fact, it does not. I am glad that you are wise enough to look at this as rude and inappropriate language.

I would like to see both of you and anyone else that has not been there yet, to visit the link below. You will find more players there that have joined in the effort to clean up the game and also links to other information to help with this issue.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299280

Fallon WinterLeaf a "Wizard City Protector"

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
27
i have been playing this game for about 6 months and have bot noticed much name calling or harssment. granite i do not spend much time in the commons and avoid the wu realm because of the bad thing i have heard about it. and i just wanted to say that i am 14 and i quess thats a teen and i am very nice and aloways glad to help anyone who asks but i dont apprechiate it when ppl judge all teens because some of us are nice and are kind

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
21
Why are we still commeting??? Why are we making a ruddy big deal about nothing if you see it report it BIG WHOOP there's no need to go trolling and patrolling That's kinda silly wasting your time because there only going to make new wizards and do the same. She has already quit an there is NO NEED to make Such a fit about rubbish. Teenagers will be teenagers if they go against the rules report them woohoo no need to keep your report on the message boards. Surely everyone here is strong enough here I you burst into tears when some virtual noob you don't even know calls you a name that just shows how sensitive you are and you should be stronger! Wow I respect your trying to help and all but it's not worth it one bit. Sorry for any mistakes if you disagree post something to tell me that I am wrong because I don't think I am... It's my opinion and frankly it's kinda ridiculous that everyone just keeps patrolling an stuff!

Thanks! I do support And all but taking it way to seriously if you see report carry on don't need to report. Fred Boomflame

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
418
Simpile thing to do: Do not go to the commons. Only go there if you want gear from the seamstress or zeke, treasure cards or quests or the fairgrounds or the arena or any place. But do not hang out there. Also for the dye shop. And if you see people "dating" and its making you uncoftaurable (<--- SPELL CHECK >_<) Just walk away or go to another realm. ~Wolf Strongshield level 63

P.S I hope it works '-'

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1527
Mattyv07, those of us that are working to clean up the game of foul language are NOT judging ANY AGE GROUP. It is not just a few teens that are using such foul language. There are players from different ages including some adults.

Zaccyh, the whole point is that the profanity and suggestive behavior that we are seeing in the game IS NOT ALLOWED per the TERMS of USE. If you have not read it or the topic that the following link will take you to, then I suggest that you do.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/2485.ftl

As I told Matty, it is not just teens. There are some that are adults.

Many of us have been playing this game for a LONG time and it has never been as bad has it has gotten over the last 2 years.

It does not matter whether the OP is still playing or not. If you had read the original post before it was edited, you might see things in a different light.

Those of us that are "Patroling" as you call it will continue to do so as long as it takes to put an end to this problem. Even after that we will still be watching to make sure it does not happen again. This game is rated as E10+. That means there are alot of YOUNG kids that play with their families. The reason those Parents and Grand Parents, Aunts, and Uncles allow them to play this game is because of the fact It USED to have a CLEAN language. Too many have found ways to get around the filters and that also is AGAINST THE RULES.

You are right that these players just keep making new wizards, but sooner or later, they won't be able to do that. IP addresses can be blocked and those that continue with this kind of behavior could very well have that happen to them or even a 10 year mute on any account they create. KI can track everything you do and say on an account. It is all logged.

Yes, you are wrong if you think we should just let this rubbish continue. Most of us that are giving up play time to clean up the Spiral, are parent, grandparents, aunts, uncles and in some cases younger players that have even younger brothers and sisters playing.

I am sorry that you don't seem to see the problem, but if you visit Wu realm, areas 1 and 2 (2 being the worst) and the Dye shop in Wu, you might take a different view of this problem. Some have moved to other realms but, we trust that there are like minded players there to report as they see this thing happening. Eventually, the offenders will get the message that we are tired of this kind of thing and will either clean up their language or leave the game.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
zaccyh wrote:
Why are we still commeting???


Why are we still commenting? This is becoming a big problem that needs to be dealt with, that's why.
Why are we making a ruddy big deal about nothing if you see it report it BIG WHOOP there's no need to go trolling and patrolling That's kinda silly wasting your time because there only going to make new wizards and do the same.

Trolling? That's funny. Sounds like one of the children's comments that I hear, stating "Adults are ruining this fun and not allowing kids to have fun"

Actually, it's the People that are in Common areas (When I say common areas, I mean Dye shop, Bazaar, The Commons, Places every new wizard can go) and cursing up a storm or having very inappropriate converstations.

We allowed this to get out of hand. In real life, Town make Police Stations to protect them, Fire stations to put out fires, Well in Wizards101 we now have Wizard City Protectors. If we can educate and get even 1 person to realize that this behavior and type of language is unacceptable, I don't see it as a waste of time.

Most kids and people are good, but they want to seem and look cools, so the few bad players influence them. However, with WCP around, most stop their outrageous behavior, or if they continue, enough of them are reported that they are being muted and maybe they will learn.

Yes, some will make a new wizard, but hopefully, in time, this will be addressed also and a permanent mute will be sanctioned for that IP address.
She has already quit an there is NO NEED to make Such a fit about rubbish. Teenagers will be teenagers if they go against the rules report them woohoo no need to keep your report on the message boards.

This is the whole problem in a nutshell. In real life, people don't just let kids act and do what they want. People are making a stand against bullying, offensive behaviors, cursing, etc. It is those that Don't Take a stand that are the real problem. Everything will not just go away.

Surely everyone here is strong enough here I you burst into tears when some virtual noob you don't even know calls you a name that just shows how sensitive you are and you should be stronger! Wow I respect your trying to help and all but it's not worth it one bit. Sorry for any mistakes if you disagree post something to tell me that I am wrong because I don't think I am... It's my opinion and frankly it's kinda ridiculous that everyone just keeps patrolling an stuff!

What's ridiculous as you so call it, is you telling Parent's, Adults, even kids, and other members of this community that cleaning up this game is wrong and foolish. Nobody should be subjected to foul language or offensive behavior and it is our Right as members of this community to report it and band together to stop it from happening.


Thanks! I do support And all but taking it way to seriously if you see report carry on don't need to report. Fred Boomflame


Actually, you are not taking it serious enough, most of us didn't take it seriously and this is why it got so out of control. This is why we are taking a stand. So, either take it seriously and make a stand against it, or don't, but don't come here and flame us for doing the right thing.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
514
zaccyh wrote:
Why are we still commeting??? Why are we making a ruddy big deal about nothing if you see it report it BIG WHOOP there's no need to go trolling and patrolling That's kinda silly wasting your time because there only going to make new wizards and do the same. She has already quit an there is NO NEED to make Such a fit about rubbish. Teenagers will be teenagers if they go against the rules report them woohoo no need to keep your report on the message boards. Surely everyone here is strong enough here I you burst into tears when some virtual noob you don't even know calls you a name that just shows how sensitive you are and you should be stronger! Wow I respect your trying to help and all but it's not worth it one bit. Sorry for any mistakes if you disagree post something to tell me that I am wrong because I don't think I am... It's my opinion and frankly it's kinda ridiculous that everyone just keeps patrolling an stuff!

Thanks! I do support And all but taking it way to seriously if you see report carry on don't need to report. Fred Boomflame


I will explain, one more time (As you have commented on my thread).

We are trying to make a better world for online gaming. Yes, you can report. But the process is too long and there are too many bad players. If someone says something to YOUR child (I assume you are a teenager though, my apologies if wrong) and it is something SEVERELY bad, you can report. But that doesn't erase his/her mind of what they just saw. Kids tend to be sensitive.
Then there is trolling. If some players reading this don't know, trolling is something people do to mess with you in gameplay to see reactions.
Trolling is what messes up our gameplay. Say you're in a dungeon that took hours to complete then suddenly as some big joke or something, the whole team flees in the last battle leaving you.
We are not making a big deal, we are SUPPORTING a big deal that has taken the community to a whole new level.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
323
zaccyh wrote:
Why are we still commeting??? Why are we making a ruddy big deal about nothing if you see it report it BIG WHOOP there's no need to go trolling and patrolling That's kinda silly wasting your time because there only going to make new wizards and do the same. She has already quit an there is NO NEED to make Such a fit about rubbish. Teenagers will be teenagers if they go against the rules report them woohoo no need to keep your report on the message boards. Surely everyone here is strong enough here I you burst into tears when some virtual noob you don't even know calls you a name that just shows how sensitive you are and you should be stronger! Wow I respect your trying to help and all but it's not worth it one bit. Sorry for any mistakes if you disagree post something to tell me that I am wrong because I don't think I am... It's my opinion and frankly it's kinda ridiculous that everyone just keeps patrolling an stuff!

Thanks! I do support And all but taking it way to seriously if you see report carry on don't need to report. Fred Boomflame


I could really break this down and argue point by point but I think I will just say that many here are trying to protect our children with this.

I also would say that you should spend more time constructing a cogent argument before you "type as you talk." (that comment should not bother you since I am a "noob" wizard, right?)

We are posting here about areas and realms where I would not want my daughter walking into to dye some of her newly acquired duds.
Thanks for looking out for me, but since I am free to waste my time any way that I may desire, I will keep reporting those wizards who cannot seem to abide by the terms of use.
pods

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
225
KI needs to take ( i need a girl ) and I need a guy ) and add them to the chat filters. I hear that so much. I wont let me son go in the commons. Kind of sad how i have to keep him out of that when this is a family safe game. But not in the commons and others places as well.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
40
zaccyh wrote:
Why are we still commeting??? Why are we making a ruddy big deal about nothing if you see it report it BIG WHOOP there's no need to go trolling and patrolling That's kinda silly wasting your time because there only going to make new wizards and do the same. She has already quit an there is NO NEED to make Such a fit about rubbish. Teenagers will be teenagers if they go against the rules report them woohoo no need to keep your report on the message boards. Surely everyone here is strong enough here I you burst into tears when some virtual noob you don't even know calls you a name that just shows how sensitive you are and you should be stronger! Wow I respect your trying to help and all but it's not worth it one bit. Sorry for any mistakes if you disagree post something to tell me that I am wrong because I don't think I am... It's my opinion and frankly it's kinda ridiculous that everyone just keeps patrolling an stuff!

Thanks! I do support And all but taking it way to seriously if you see report carry on don't need to report. Fred Boomflame


Sorry, I have to disagree with you.

I think it is good to have a thread like this on the boards.
Especially for the new players to Wizard101.

This way they can see what areas to avoid and hopefully what people to avoid as well.


Champion
Feb 29, 2012
488
zaccyh wrote:
Why are we still commeting??? Why are we making a ruddy big deal about nothing if you see it report it BIG WHOOP there's no need to go trolling and patrolling That's kinda silly wasting your time because there only going to make new wizards and do the same. She has already quit an there is NO NEED to make Such a fit about rubbish. Teenagers will be teenagers if they go against the rules report them woohoo no need to keep your report on the message boards. Surely everyone here is strong enough here I you burst into tears when some virtual noob you don't even know calls you a name that just shows how sensitive you are and you should be stronger! Wow I respect your trying to help and all but it's not worth it one bit. Sorry for any mistakes if you disagree post something to tell me that I am wrong because I don't think I am... It's my opinion and frankly it's kinda ridiculous that everyone just keeps patrolling an stuff!

Thanks! I do support And all but taking it way to seriously if you see report carry on don't need to report. Fred Boomflame


So you're saying that you don't have clinical depression? Seriously, at times when insulted even lightly I can burst into tears because of this. I find this offensive.

Yes, I can take verbal abuse well in public, but afterwards total meltdown. And just in case you didn't notice, my little brother plays this game. If this was directed at a family member how would you feel?

In any case it is helping because we are forming a team to stop it.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
1
I've seen so many other people doing this and I play with my 4 younger brothers and sisters who are at the youngest, 5, and at the oldest, 9. The older two have open chat and the 9 year old comments on it and laughs! He's being taught that it's right to curse and say innapropriate things! I'm going on a reporting mission today... (Katie Level 37 Myth)

Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
23
I know what you mean. One day, when I was in the Commons, I saw some people arguing. This may not sound like much, but it was pretty bad, as they were using words that I will not mention in practicaly every sentence. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's arguing. Katie ( one of my friends ) and I now do a thing we call "Spy in the Commons" It's were we go to the commons, look for these "soap opra" scenes, as we call them, catch them on tape, take screenshots of it, ans, of corse, REPORT THEM! This type of behavior makes me want to scream and pull my hair out.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
99
Zaccyh,
As parents, adults, kids, teens... ALL paying and even non-paying customers we have the right and responsibility to protect our children but also minors who also play....AND also to help enforce the rules that we ALL agreed to when we joined.

This is a serious thing.. to find it ridiculous, rubbish, wasting our time etc... then why waste YOUR time posting here?

For the last couple of years it has gotten out of hand... people became complacent... WE refuse to become complacent/oblivious.

You are asking us to be complacent, to turn the other cheek to report if we want but to stay away from those areas and "not waste our time".. complacency and obliviousness has what helped cause this game's chat system to get out of control.... we will not sit back and ignore or otherwise oblivious to what is happening. We have the right to patrol, to stand guard, to be the Wizard City Protectors that Wizard101 needs.

If people can not control themselves on a family friendly game, not follow the rules of said game/business, then they shall face the consequences. There are plenty of other places they can talk their filth, chat rooms, adult message boards and forums and even may adult friendly games that are online and multi-player... where such activity and language is not only ok but in some places Encouraged.

It is like the parents who refused to correct their child's behavior, he or she is soon out of control, making terrible decisions and lands in jail. (just happened to a neighbor irl) Their complacency and utter disregard of... self control, self respect, respect for others allowed things to get out of hand. They turned their backs on the bad behavior for a variety of reasons... but bottom line it got out of control, rules were broken and consequences were dealt out.

In a way that is what happened and is happening on Wizard101. We are all just trying to slow and in time stop much of the Terms Of Use/Service violations and clean up the spiral so that EVERYONE is not punished. So the minors are protected. We are trying to prevent something worse like KI removing open chat all-together or maybe even change text chat to where it is not much better than mute menu talk.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
22
I'm not even a parent and I will report the "creative cursing", violent talk, etc when I see it. Frankly, I just get tired of punk teenagers and young 20-somethings coming onto what is CLEARLY billed as a "family game" and being that sort of jerky knowing little kids may be on. It's just wrong and it gets my dander up because I DO have little great nieces and nephews who might like to play this game some time. Plus, I think families NEED a place where they can play together like this in a peaceful setting without people being rude idiots.

Sadly, harassment and "being mean" aren't reportable offenses. But you do have the choice of ignoring the ones who are specifically messing with you or your kid. I generally don't even reply to people who try to talk to me like that. It's immediately me muttering to myself "Oh, I'm sorry, you've just earned yourself a one-way ticket to Iggie Land". I don't even warn them or anything. I just hit Ignore. But then I do that to most of these players running around begging for cash item gifts and doing that ridiculous "I need a boy/girl" thing, too. That kind of gets on my nerves and I find it creepy in a kids' game.

Yes, the population in Iggie Land jumps a bit every time I'm on, but it's MUCH more pleasant for me that way. LOL

Aazari (Jolie B.)
Main Char: Hunter FireTalon Lvl 43 Fire

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
21
I am sorry didn't mean for you to have a go at me I know you feel frustrated but I just don't see the point. We report thats good I do the same thing but I don't ge why we stand there patrolling because I know it's a kid game but we should be siggesting stuff to KI not yah know recruiting members. I dont like how your calling me wrong and I know they work around it but what is patrolling going to do? I don't like the crituscisums. As I said we should be reporting to KI how are the going to get banned forever??? New wizards fake e-mails and all that negative attention your giving them is encouraging them to be bad they want the attention. I also don't understand how some words like grapes and perhaps is banned? I am a bit confused their. Sorry you got the wrong message I was just trying to direct their isnt much point in doing this. I support and all but we need to come up with a different strategy right? No need to be hating me for stating my opinion that's what these message boards are for!

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
21
I was just trying to post the opposite side of this I know I have seen I know the issue but I am just trying to state that I don't think it's working because people are still doing it no?

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
21
I was posting the down side to this I don't exactly agree with what I said as it was pretty arrogant and I am sorry for that reason but I still think I am right for reasons it's a good idea but I dont think it's going to work! I am entitled to that opinion am I was stating that we should come up with a better idea sorry if I didnt put tha into words as it was what I was thinking and I was very tired when I had posted that wasn concentrating I don't like all those hurtful messages and I am much aware of this stuff as I have been socially abused myself.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2012
4
chelsea01277 wrote:
I've seen so many other people doing this and I play with my 4 younger brothers and sisters who are at the youngest, 5, and at the oldest, 9. The older two have open chat and the 9 year old comments on it and laughs! He's being taught that it's right to curse and say innapropriate things! I'm going on a reporting mission today... (Katie Level 37 Myth)


I've been reading so many comments regarding profanity and its impacet on smalls. I've been playing a few months and have seen the rude comments. I play alone and didn't know how easy it was to actually click on a comment and report it. I also didn't know anything about changing realms.
But the other day I saw a comment that made me mad enough to write KIs help desk.
The comment was about how somebody was going to rape another player.

I detaiedl the time frame and location as best I could, telling them that I knew of no other way to alert them to this vile person.
In reply, I was told to click on 'Report' and to change realms.

There was no attempt made by KI to deal with this fill-in-the-blank-with-your-favorite-explitive as far as I could tell. They didn't explain how I was supposed to 'Report' and switch realms; that information was provided by the good people who engaged in this chat.

So keep on reporting and maybe KI will lose enough paying clients they will take stronger action.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.


A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1527
First off, I want to reply to Chelsea, if you have not already found members of the "Wizard City Protectors" in the game, check the Dye shop in Wu realm. Since that is currently the worst area, we will clean it up first, then other areas as we find them. But please find us. We are here to help. There is also a link in my last post that will take you to us on Central.

Darthjt, well said. I honestly cannot believe that anyone would think we are just wasting our time. Like you, if we can turn just the one away from the use of this kind of foul language, then the time and effort we have already put into this and will put into it is well worth it. I sincerely hope that those players don't come up against us in the game using foul language because I will not hesitate to report them and neither will our growing group of friends.

Hunter, I am so glad to see you here. We are determined and we will WIN this battle.

For the rest of you that support our efforts, as I told Chelsea, there is a link in my last post on page 8 of this topic. We will continue to keep a link moving through this thread so feel free to find and join us

Fallon WinterLeaf a "Wizard City Protector"

Survivor
Oct 01, 2010
10
Sadly I understand where you are coming from I play this with my three children and I would keep their chats closed but they have real life friends who play this game with them and they like to have conversations with their friends. I will give a few examples.
One of the occasions I was in a dungeon my daughter came running crying I was frighten I asked her what happened she said momma please teleport they are saying things to me. so I did just that they called my 9 year old so many nasty horrid things she was crying hysterically she has never had anyone talk to her in such a way EVER I had to calm her down she has a heart condition.
On another occasion my youngest was 6 years old at the time which was not too long ago... he wanted the blue fairy wings to go with his sultans armor so I gifted it to him this person started to call my son fag and continued with even worse name calling. My son called me "mammy why is he saying that?" I read it and was so shocked my son did not understand why he was being insulted just because he had fairy wings
my oldest is 14 and as sweet as can be, he tries to help all his friends on his friends list when they ask but this one occasion this guy started yelling to port (how is he yelling in text chat? simple all caps PORT NOW!) so my son did port but since he did not port fast enough this person started to curse my son out calling. After that he just did not want to play wizard anymore. He played wizard for fun not to deal with harassment and rude behavior.
All I could do on all of these moments was report those players and shut the computer after.
even I have been harassed on many occasions, one of the many this person added me to friends list I accepted normally I don't till I am sure who the person is but I thought it was someone else he whispered me gift me few times I told him no sorry I only gift my kids (I am sorry I don't have enough money to support the spiral. I do occasionally gift friends not strangers.) He cursed me out started insulting my kids my family was very racy telling me how I am a poor immigrant. I deleted him and reported him lol he did not like it of course and whispered me back some more nasty things.
anyways the point of these examples this is a FAMILY GAME, does not matter this is the internet, does not matter it’s just pixels, does not matter it is not Facebook, does not matter this is not real life; rude and nasty behavior is unexceptionable period. Those individuals and should in all honesty be IP banned and all accounts under that IP locked.

my niece plays this game as well she told me something that rang a bell, on an occasion she was in a pvp battle in a friend’s house someone teleported in left his teleports open then few other people teleported and 3 level 5's and started cursing out everyone many racist comments later they figured out the 3 level 5 characters were the 3 warlords level 70 players sitting there this is why I think KI should IP ban and block all accounts under that IP. How did they know those individuals were the 3 said low level players when she was pvping her friend they moved the characters over to her to have the mounts behind in her character’s face and the 3 low leveled stopped talking and moving when the 3 other warlords stopped moving the 3 low levels started the insults again, her friend kicked them out but they teleported back and guess to who? The 3 warlords. From my understanding many of the harasser in the commons are very low level they use an alt account/character so there main will not be banned.
Anyways that was my rant and understanding with every person who is sick and tired of this.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
323
Well I used the darth routine last night in the commons, and boy was I surprised. I saw an egregious potty mouth and reported him. Then I thought about it and searched and actually found the wizard. I went over and asked him to knock it off.
Several minutes of insults, one more report and we were able to actually talk about what I was doing. Numerous other wizards gathered around, many asking me if I was with the WCPs. I guess I am, haha. Most were saying that I am not going to solve this situation, etc. Just the fact that people think twice when they see a Wizard City Protector badge is a good start.

Okay, off sidebar. So after our discussion, I told the wizard good luck, and have a good night. Tried to add him as a friend but his list was full. Told him he had a lot of friends, after which I received a request from him. I accepted, then I told him that if he needs help then just ask.
So a couple minutes later he asks me to port. I proceeded to help him with some Grotto boss and we had a nice talk about gear, etc. He was frustrated about his gear, and amazed at mine. I told him to start crafting and I would help him farm for gold to get to where he wanted to be.

It hit me that maybe some of the issues is that wizards are stuck with a boss, then head to the commons where their frustration comes out.

Also me another WCP necromancer in the dye shop so people are out there. I think it was Aritako or Akitabird. I got so wound up in the commons that I forgot. Apologies!

The report function is just like common law. Anyone can "bring charges" against someone who breaks "our laws." It is the single best, and most powerful took that KI gave us to keep this place functioning according to our "constitution," the terms of use.

pods

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
235
zaccyh wrote:
Why are we still commeting??? Why are we making a ruddy big deal about nothing if you see it report it BIG WHOOP there's no need to go trolling and patrolling That's kinda silly wasting your time because there only going to make new wizards and do the same. She has already quit an there is NO NEED to make Such a fit about rubbish. Teenagers will be teenagers if they go against the rules report them woohoo no need to keep your report on the message boards. Surely everyone here is strong enough here I you burst into tears when some virtual noob you don't even know calls you a name that just shows how sensitive you are and you should be stronger! Wow I respect your trying to help and all but it's not worth it one bit. Sorry for any mistakes if you disagree post something to tell me that I am wrong because I don't think I am... It's my opinion and frankly it's kinda ridiculous that everyone just keeps patrolling an stuff!

Thanks! I do support And all but taking it way to seriously if you see report carry on don't need to report. Fred Boomflame


You don't see the point in all this? Really? It is quite simple. If you've read the posts on this, there are so many folks that have heard and recognized that there are "avoid me" zones in the game. Not just areas where they are going to get the mild dating scene, the treasure card scammers, and the beggars (can you gift me?) but areas where intense violence, sexual content, and profanity at times reign supreme. I'm sorry, I don't think an E10+ game needs red light districts.

So yes we will patrol, and continue to do so while KI gets their ducks in a row on this. Rest assured, KI will address the issue. Without the posts on this subject and the many reports now being given, they likely did not have the information they do now. Now they can see the full extent of the problem. I'm confident that the Spiral will be returned to the wonderful and relaxing place it used to be. A place where all areas were safe to take even the youngest. A place those youngsters could watch in wide eyed wonder as Right triumphed over Evil and the age old uplifting of spirit that results from that success. We don't need more of the degradation of real life here.