Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rudeness/Attitudes of Players...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 05, 2012
9
I personally think you would be making a mistake in quitting over something like this. If you enjoy the game, keep playing. Or quit and realize you will never find a game where "nasty players" aren't an issue; meaning you will never likely play any online games ever again.

This game has one of the better player bases; anything else you try will likely be far worse. All you are doing is robbing yourself of a fun past time because you're letting fake swearing get to you rather than ignoring it or reporting it. I recently saw someone using similar language and all I did was report it and keep on running. It took a few seconds of my time, that's all.

Really, you don't realize how good you have it. Not only can you report it and know it'll be looked into but you can change realms. Know what it takes to change realms in WoW? A lot of money. I feel very fortunate to have that option provided entirely for free here. I don't know any other games that offer such a service so simply and for free. Why you'd stay on a realm that you admittedly think is bad is way beyond my understanding.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
81
the people who cause the rudeness &and bad attitudes are those who have crowns those people have a bad habit of bragging and boasting about having crowns and they make fun of those who dont buy or cant afford to buy crowns which is also causing all people to urge to beg to be gifted this happens mostly in The commons in every realm.

ive seen bad attiudes in the other worlds also which is why i wonder why there arent hall monitors in all areas of the game in every world if that happens then some of rudeness and bad attitudes will be cut down a notch but thats just my thoughts.

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
116
numbly1863 on Oct 11, 2012 wrote:
the people who cause the rudeness &and bad attitudes are those who have crowns those people have a bad habit of bragging and boasting about having crowns and they make fun of those who dont buy or cant afford to buy crowns which is also causing all people to urge to beg to be gifted this happens mostly in The commons in every realm.

ive seen bad attiudes in the other worlds also which is why i wonder why there arent hall monitors in all areas of the game in every world if that happens then some of rudeness and bad attitudes will be cut down a notch but thats just my thoughts.
What a lot of bigotry you have towards players that are luckier than yourself and as someone who uses crowns in addition to my membership, I resent your assumptions. I have never once bragged about having crowns when others don't or made fun of people who don't. I'm very aware that I'm fortunate to be able to have them. I couldn't even afford a membership when I started playing but was free to play for six months until I picked up a second pension.

Frankly, you're whining about prejudice while showing prejudice yourself.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
776
Everyone has the right to shelter their kids from material they consider inappropriate. I certainly don't agree with bullying, random cursing etc. My 6yo daughter plays this game a great deal with menu chat as recommended by KI) and I certainly do not see any issues. I play with her, and she also plays alone.

I find real world environments filled with far more offensive material the the spiral! I still take my child to McDonalds and the Theatre even though there are plenty of idiots and morons around. Boycotting the local coffee shop because you overheard other people conversations seems extreme.

I shelter my 6yo from lots of stuff, but I also expose her to some things I think she can understand and handle. Its a choice every parent must make. My personal choice is to expose my 6yo daughter to things I believe she can handle and understand.
Living in a real world or playing a multiplayer game will expose yourself and family to many things. You can make the choices you wish. You can choose to shelter yourself by removing yourself, or engage and try to make improvements. You must weigh benifits vs costs and concerns. I don't recommend trying to be a hero, but there are steps that anyone can make that help make the world (or spiral) a better place.

.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
9
I used to play a lot with my young son. I watched his language on and offline. Then, as now, I reported when someone was inappropriate. So many kids swear or pseudo-swear and think nothing of it. I will report as often as I find it, because to sit and do nothing but complain means you stand for nothing.

I am not going to allow these people to ruin my game or anyone elses. So beware out there. If you swear, tease, pick on or bully anyone, I will be there to get you. Straighten up. This is a "family friendly" game for a reason.

BTW, I still play pretty often. I really enjoy this game. I like helping other players with the game and occasionally give someone a gift, just because I can.

So do the right thing and you will have no problems. Lets ALL have fun, ok?!!

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
58
The nerve of some people. People need to grow up and learn when and when not to. This is most likely the reason why Hall Monitors were implemented.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
81
Blaze Duskdreamer on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
What a lot of bigotry you have towards players that are luckier than yourself and as someone who uses crowns in addition to my membership, I resent your assumptions. I have never once bragged about having crowns when others don't or made fun of people who don't. I'm very aware that I'm fortunate to be able to have them. I couldn't even afford a membership when I started playing but was free to play for six months until I picked up a second pension.

Frankly, you're whining about prejudice while showing prejudice yourself.
everything ive pointed out in my post is what i see every day and every night and its been happening for the past 4 months i play wizard 101 about 16 hours everyday and night which means i see everything that goes on in the game including the foul language and the cyberbullyling and i see people getting scammed out of treasure cards by dishonest players who have crowns.

and btw having crowns does not make you luckier and it certainly doesn't make you better then anybody in the wizard 101,pirate 101 or even here in the message boards.and for the record ive been playing wizard 101 for 2 years and have never bought or ever plan to buy crowns at all period since you don't need crowns to advance in wizard 101 anyways.

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
116
numbly1863 on Oct 13, 2012 wrote:
everything ive pointed out in my post is what i see every day and every night and its been happening for the past 4 months i play wizard 101 about 16 hours everyday and night which means i see everything that goes on in the game including the foul language and the cyberbullyling and i see people getting scammed out of treasure cards by dishonest players who have crowns.

and btw having crowns does not make you luckier and it certainly doesn't make you better then anybody in the wizard 101,pirate 101 or even here in the message boards.and for the record ive been playing wizard 101 for 2 years and have never bought or ever plan to buy crowns at all period since you don't need crowns to advance in wizard 101 anyways.
You're still showing your prejudice. Nowhere did I say it made me better than anyone else. In fact, reread please. I said quite the opposite and emphasized that it didn't.

I play a lot too and I see it too. I wasn't even trying to claim it doesn't exist. What I'm saying makes you bigoted is claiming that it's crowns players when it's both. In fact, there are a ton spawning free to play accounts just to get around being banned and muted.

I am lucky to be able to afford crowns but being lucky doesn't make me any better. How I choose to spend my entertainment budget is my business and not yours. I'm just saying I'm lucky to have a large enough one to spend on the extras. YMMV

And this is my last comment because I'm not going to argue with you over it certainly. Especially since you do have an obvious bias. There are bullies with crowns and there are wonderfully nice people with crowns. Most -- with or without crowns -- are neither super mean nor super sweet but merely human like all of us.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
776
Blaze Duskdreamer on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
What a lot of bigotry you have towards players that are luckier than yourself and as someone who uses crowns in addition to my membership, I resent your assumptions. I have never once bragged about having crowns when others don't or made fun of people who don't. I'm very aware that I'm fortunate to be able to have them. I couldn't even afford a membership when I started playing but was free to play for six months until I picked up a second pension.

Frankly, you're whining about prejudice while showing prejudice yourself.
This is among the most ironic statements I have ever seen on internet forums.
Numbly1980, your point is well taken. And good for people to think about and reflect as they play.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
81
I posted on this topic because Ki does a good job keeping tabs on the game but they cant be around every second and they miss these indcidents its up to me and everybody else to help make KI aware of what is going on when they cant be around to see it for themselves.

And for another poster to insult me or or use the words prejudice,whiner or biased is uncalled for i am just trying to help Ki make wizard and pirate 101 for everybody just like many of the posters in this topic are doing.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2929
numbly1863 on Oct 14, 2012 wrote:
I posted on this topic because Ki does a good job keeping tabs on the game but they cant be around every second and they miss these indcidents its up to me and everybody else to help make KI aware of what is going on when they cant be around to see it for themselves.

And for another poster to insult me or or use the words prejudice,whiner or biased is uncalled for i am just trying to help Ki make wizard and pirate 101 for everybody just like many of the posters in this topic are doing.
No, GrammyH didn't insult you~ she called you out on your blanket statements, which were made up to justify your prejudice, but she never attacked you personally. When backed by fact and evidence, the truth won't change, just because you don't like it. Here is your original post, as broken down by yours truly:

numbly1980 on Oct 11, 2012 wrote:
the people who cause the rudeness &and bad attitudes are those who have crowns those people have a bad habit of bragging and boasting about having crowns and they make fun of those who dont buy or cant afford to buy crowns which is also causing all people to urge to beg to be gifted this happens mostly in The commons in every realm.

You said
: "The people who cause the rudeness and bad attitudes are those with crowns."

Fact: Anyone can have a bad attitude. But, based on your post, my first impression is that you're angry because someone refused to gift you. I hope that's not the case, but it definitely sounds like a possibility...and yeah, a statement like that is pretty prejudiced.

You said: "Those people have a bad habit of bragging and boasting about having crowns, and they make fun of those who don't or cant afford to buy crowns, which is also causing all people to beg to be gifted."

Fact: No, most players with crowns don't boast. And, even if they did, it doesn't cause people to beg for gifts~ that's a rude person making excuses for his/her behaviour. I buy Crowns, when I can~ I don't advertise that I have them, but I shouldn't have to keep my ultra-rare items in storage, for fear that someone's going to start begging; I wear them out & about, because I can. But, if people do beg, I tell them no, and it ends there. Yes, there are some rude people around the Spiral, but they are the exception~ not the rule.

Further down, you also said: "I see people getting scammed out of treasure cards by dishonest players who have crowns."

Fact: Anyone can be a scammer~ how do you know they have crowns, unless that person announces it? And, even if he did, why would you assume that everyone with crowns is a scammer? Once again, your blatant prejudice is shocking.

-

GrammyH never claimed that she was better than anyone else because she had crowns, and neither do I. But I know prejudice when I see it, so I'm with her 100% on this one~ sorry, try again.

El Veeb
archmages Shadowsong & Deathwhisper

Wizard City Protector, 2-year subscriber with 2 accounts, occasional Crowns-shopper, human being.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
81
oh really apparently you haven't be playing wizard 101 alot lately vonawsome 1 because if you did you would see everything ive put in this topic happens everyday and night why don't do go to the game yourself and you will see what i see everyda and night then you can tell me i am wrong. but i know what i see and lot of the people who have posted here have seen some of the things i see and KI themselves see some of it as well why else did they put the hall moniters in the game.

and yes you and grammy have insulted me using words like prejudice,baised.and a whiner are considered insults and name calling my you should read the rules of conduct again because you seem to be out of touch with the rules of the game. and btw my being gifted or not doesn't because thats not part of this topic. and just for the record i have been gifted a mega pet snack more then once and a ninja lore pack thats how i got my blazing ningata wand because it is a possible reward from that pack.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2929
numbly1863 on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
oh really apparently you haven't be playing wizard 101 alot lately vonawsome 1 because if you did you would see everything ive put in this topic happens everyday and night why don't do go to the game yourself and you will see what i see everyda and night then you can tell me i am wrong. but i know what i see and lot of the people who have posted here have seen some of the things i see and KI themselves see some of it as well why else did they put the hall moniters in the game.

and yes you and grammy have insulted me using words like prejudice,baised.and a whiner are considered insults and name calling my you should read the rules of conduct again because you seem to be out of touch with the rules of the game. and btw my being gifted or not doesn't because thats not part of this topic. and just for the record i have been gifted a mega pet snack more then once and a ninja lore pack thats how i got my blazing ningata wand because it is a possible reward from that pack.
Oh, here we go!

First of all, don't assume that you know anything about me/how much time I spend in-game. Just FYI, I've been playing for almost 3 years and, since a workplace injury put me out of action, I've had a lot of free time and spend most of my days around the Spiral~ not to mention that I'm probably older than you and, therefore, have unrestricted access to the interwebz. I'm usually in-game for 16+ hours/day, and not once have I seen anyone claim to have Crowns and lord it over people.

As for free-to-play begging, it happens a lot~ as the owner of several high-level wizards, and a few rare items from the packs, I can't pass through common areas without people begging me for gifts, and it irritates me to no end. Does that mean that all free players are beggars? No. But, according to you, all Crowns players are elitist and rude... and lumping all members of a group into the same category is called prejudice.
prej·u·dice (n):

1. an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.

2. any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable.

3. unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, especially of a hostile nature, towards a particular group.

4. such attitudes considered collectively.

And, therefore, your statement is prejudiced.


I brought the gifting example into it because that's the impression I got from the tone of your original post~ you said you were F2P, and that people with Crowns are rude/the ones who cause the begging... You obviously didn't think that the people who gifted you were rude~ why the change of heart? If you even read my post, you'd have seen that I didn't accuse you of anything. I simply told you what I thought it sounded like, and gave you an opening to explain~ that is how mature conversations work.

Second, don't put words in my mouth. I never called you a whiner or insulted you, and I think you need to reread the rules~ even if I did call you names (which mature people don't do) "being mean" is not reportable and would be considered a false report by you, meaning possible sanctions against your account.

We're all entitled to our opinions, yet you assume that those who don't share your view are attacking you; this proves to me only that you are either incapable of engaging in a mature discussion, or simply unwilling to. The basis of human interaction is respect, but you care only about getting your point across, and can't or won't listen to the other side. There is no need to get defensive~ mature people can have their say, while still respecting the other person; I respected you by keeping the focus on the statements you made, rather than on you~ please return the favour.

Third, don't twist my words around to prove your point. Don't worry~ my original reply is there, so everyone can see it for themselves.

(On a rather-amusing side note: I've def. been hanging around DarthJT too much, because I'm starting to sound like him!)

-veebz

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
776
GrammyH said "What a lot of bigotry you have towards players that are luckier than yourself ". Obviously implying that Numbly is bigoted and unlucky.

Please stop your thinly veiled insults. Numbly simply said that in his experience rude players have crowns. He didn't say ALL rude players. I can't speak for Numbly, but his observation is interesting considering most posts on this forum target F2P wizards as the major issue. And he certainly did not specify GrammyH as a rude player (who finds it necessary to defend herself on this point??).

Regardless, its Numbly's observations based on HIS experiences in the game. Everybody experiences different things, probably depending on your level, playing style, and focus within the game.

But my main point reverts back to the point of this thread regarding rudeness and poor attitude. Which I find ironic when several posters on this thread regularly insult and bash other members on this forum simply for expressing their thoughts. There is absolutely no need for semi-disguised insults and personal attacks on others. I'm sure you think its clever being able to insert irrelevent material in your posts aimed at insulting others, but its rude, offensive, and shows a significant lack of maturity. Overall it hurts both the game and these forums. Please pause and reflect on your posts prior to hitting the 'submit' button.

Administrator
Apparently the "Rudeness/Attitudes of Players..." is not limited to the game.

I am locking this thread and continued lashing out will be met with sanctions.


community@wizard101.com