Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Excessive Beggars are everywhere!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 07, 2013
Blaze Deathward on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
these things should be in the crown shop for beggars some day well I think these things should be added, beggars robe: plain black robe with mud on it and has holes in it with -110 health points and -5 on all school critical ratings, beggars hat: plain cup that is crumbled up -10 mana points and -5 on all block rating, beggars shoes: plain brown boots that are untied, -1 on all resistance school ratings, beggars wand: a pencil, four cards to do 110 damage to self, beggars plant: dead looking plant with no leaves and does not like anything, beggars house: tiny little shack on a tiny cement platform that is brown and in bad shape, beggars housing item: piece of cardboard, beggars anthenm/amlute: drab looking amlute -2 on any boost rating -7 health and mana points and the anthenm does the same thing, beggars mount: rusty flying metal stick, beggars pet: plain lying down stick gives 3 cards for 50 damage points to self, beggars hoard pack: gives all kinds of beggars items. so who agrees we should have this stuff added to the crown shop blaze deathward grandmaster lvl 58 fire
i myself agree but i hope it would be something we could gift using gold. i dont have crowns as of now so i'd like to gift people beggar stuff. now how about a beggar minion spell in the beggars hoard pack. the minion spams an insane bolt that kills whoever you use it on and the minion keeps killing the beggar. lol that would be so funny. but as well the game should not let you gift a nonbeggar that pack or w101 would run out of money as people wouldnt come on due to a chance of getting that pack. sorry i couldnt resist posting this lol.

thomas nightriver lvl 23

thomas blade lvl 9

thomas blade lvl 7

thomas blade lvl 7

Survivor
Jan 06, 2013
I have had it happen before but I have a suggestion. Find the place it happens most often then when you need to go there switch all your clothes to lvl 5 clothes take off you mount and pet as well. This has worked for me so many times I just hope it helps.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2009
I am to the point anymore after 4 years playing Wizards that I hate the people in the game. I think if I hear one more person asking for a gift I will loose it. I think gifting should be removed so the beggers will stop. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE This is the only mmo game I like anymore but the begging drives me nuts.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
I agree with all the people here saying that beggars should be muted or you should turn off the chat, but honestly, I have asked people for things a couple times, but only after talking to them for a long time and/or friending them. but that only because they had mentioned having crowns or just getting new ones, and I'm like, "hey, really? that's neat, maybe could ya gift me a pack? :D"
I think if you mention HAVING crowns you shouldn't complain about people asking, it's only human (or wizard) nature to want to take advantage of anything for personal benefit.
On the other hand, it IS really annoying to walk into the commons or whatever to hang out or people-watch and then having a bazillion kids coming up like a swarm of underfed piranhas. Mostly how I deal with these people is saying "Sorry, I was gifted these, no crowns." (Which is partially true, everything I have crown-wise, mount and pet and gear, was gifted, the only time I ever had crowns I spent it on housing items) It ususally works.
Also I would like to applaud all those who are generous enough to NOT be annoyed when people aske for stuff and/or hint at it. I was walking through the commons one day in October and saw a girl with a Nightmare pet. I told her I thought it was a cool pet and I wished I had one, and then all of a sudden, she added me, gifted me the pet, and then deleted me. Just a random nice person who really made my day!

-Calamity Deathbringer, Grandmaster Necromancer

Explorer
Apr 01, 2012
I have a question, why would anybody answer "Yes" to "Does anybody have crowns?" you know what the beggar is gonna do. they are just gonna ask you for a freaking $10 worth of crap, that would probably be the whole of some peoples allowance. sheesh.

~Luke NightTalon lvl63

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
Although unlikely to happen a simple solution would be to make it against the rules to beg to be gifted and make it a legit report so if someone does it and enough people report it it could result in a minor ban of like 24 hours the first time 48 hours the second maybe a week the third you know just something small to hopefully stop it from happening as much.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Honestly, I'm not a crown member right now, but I do know on how all of you feel.

One of my friends in Wizard101 always keep being friended. You know why? To be used as a teleport pad to other worlds or locations, so that her friends can ask her for crown stuff that are worth $20, and a whole lot of other stuff! I feel bad for her!

If any of this continues, have some guts to say to KingsIsle that they sound have a rule stating that: "Anyone begging for whatever in the game should be banned"

Thanks for reading!
Cori ShadowDust

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
RottenHeart on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
I agree. The random friend requests too. But i find it mostly just in Wizard City.

I find I ride my mount full steam forward whenever I'm in Wizard City. Don't pause for anything! Good thing wizards don't get hurt when I run them over! Sometimes I wish there was another bazaar in another spiral world. sigh.
Go to your settings, you can turn off friend requests.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
i always see people do this, and a few people do this to me too. its getting quite annoying people begging people for packs, and im getting annoyed about it. i think it shouldnt be allowed to beg for crowns items. buy then yourselves.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Spongebob4lyf on Jun 7, 2014 wrote:
i always see people do this, and a few people do this to me too. its getting quite annoying people begging people for packs, and im getting annoyed about it. i think it shouldnt be allowed to beg for crowns items. buy then yourselves.
Everyone runs into this. Ignore them. You can't outlaw whining and begging.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
There have been many posts about this before. It's an ongoing problem that will likely never go away. My suggestion is to use the "ignore" button on beggars. It is also helpful to turn off friend requests when in the Commons/Wizard City main areas.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Spongebob4lyf on Jun 7, 2014 wrote:
Tell them you'll buy them their pack if they give you TCs. Then abscond with the TCs while laughing evilly.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Robobot1747 on Jun 9, 2014 wrote:
Tell them you'll buy them their pack if they give you TCs. Then abscond with the TCs while laughing evilly.
That's a little mean and harsh.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
XD Queen on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
That's a little mean and harsh.
But it's effective, ha ha ha.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
Yeah so I was wondering if the wizard 101 administrators would make it "ok" if we were allowed to report someone if they were begging and not suspend our account. Please do something about this issue thanks.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
Webbeam on Oct 19, 2009 wrote:
There are so many beggars in Wizard City now that you can't carry on a conversation with anyone without solicitations popping up over and over. It's gotten so bad it ruins the game for everyone else. Many are just trying to trick newcomers out of treasure cards only to port away without fulfilling the promise of help or trades. It's gotten out of hand and needs to be dealt with.

Are excessive and disruptive solicitations of goods from other players grounds for being reported? Shouldn't it be?
Here's what i did

Beggar: can you gift me a horse
Me: no
beggar: why?
me: because i dont got crowns bro
beggar: then go buy some darn crowns!
me: no now go
beggar: no now get some crowns to gift me a heartsteel
me: no
beggar: do it now or else!
me: or else what?
beggar: get me the darn crowns you fool!
me: *walks awa then goes to a different realm*
me: phew glad he was gone

James ShadowBlade 25 hoped this helped

Survivor
Jan 26, 2013
Intrepidatius on Jun 25, 2010 wrote:
I am not nice to beggars. Begging is rude,and I deal with it the same. We need member-only worlds,and that would drastically cut down on the beggars,and others who just like to cause problems.
Yeah. I think that there should be a realm for members only. Wouldn't that be nice? I can't stop thinking about it! It would be paradise

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
I agree. It hasn't happened to me very much but everything you said was true. When someone says they will give you all their treasure cards for a permanent mount, it is obviously a scam. We should have a member-only realm or crown-paid realm to reduce the chance of beggars.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
I've never had beggars in my lifetime on Wizard101, mainly because I spend the least amount of time in Wizard City. I have a suggestion to victims: If you want to have a conversation with somebody, at least take it to another world where there are less noobs. Worlds other than Wizard City are paid-membership areas, where you either have to pay for areas or just plain buy a membership.

Logan Lioneyes
Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Explorer
May 08, 2014
I have a two person whale mount and I am always getting friend requests and group invites because people want a ride It is very annoying

Survivor
Aug 21, 2013
ScarletFireblosson on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
I am to the point anymore after 4 years playing Wizards that I hate the people in the game. I think if I hear one more person asking for a gift I will loose it. I think gifting should be removed so the beggers will stop. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE This is the only mmo game I like anymore but the begging drives me nuts.
well gifting is an option you don't decide to turn it off not much games have it my friend blaze redeyes is the nicest person I know he told me on easter he once wore a bunny suit and went around gifting everyone I asked him why did he do that he told me " its fun for the kids " then I realized there are kids in this game whatever they see happening they are going to copy it like any other kid so what you just said I disagree with gifting is a choice if you don't like it go to another game how bout pirate101 and wizard101 please make the sentence " can someone please gift me please" a none sayable sentence its the only good option we have. its funny how no admin have responded to this topic

Wolf Titanhammer Lvl 92 Promethean

Survivor
Aug 21, 2013
Ricochety on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
I have a two person whale mount and I am always getting friend requests and group invites because people want a ride It is very annoying
I get the gifting part but the whale mount dude its a to person mount why else would they want to ride with you at least give them one ride or turn off your group invites you shouldn't get mad about it and if you don't like it put on a different mount

Wolf Titanhmmer LVl 92 promethean

Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
That is what the ignore button is for.. i use it for all annoying people in every situation.. PVP razzers.. and in team dungeons when someone is too bossy, it assures you don't get matched again in another team match
Iridian JadeThistle

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
"Hey can you gift me? Hey can you give me packs? Do you think you can get me a house? I really need a mount."

Another really annoying thing is the, "I need a boy/girl." Sure online dating is something people do, but there is such a slim chance that it will actually effect you in real life.

Hiding my Crowns,

Duncan Windleaf, Level 79 Diviner

Cameron Sungem, Level 20 Sorceror

Coyle Deathshade, Level 9 Necromancer

Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
All of you are correct in thousands of ways, but don't let people like that get into you. Some people in real life don't really have any money, and they're very lucky to actually have a computer. It is your choice if you wish to gift someone, but it is against wizard101 rules. You should only gift someone you know and trust in real life. I was gifted many times by some of my friends, but that was because they were going to quit anyways, so they didn't wanna have sixty dollars in crowns on their computer while they quit. They only spent their crowns on gifting because they didn't wanna have five houses that wouldn't be used anyways. My point is:

Do not waste what is yours. If you say no, it's not a bad thing, it's the truth
Nora RubyBloom 36