Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

balance is overpowered

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 17, 2012
hi
This is unfair how balance gets the best stuff in gear and in spells. Balance spell lore master is too strong its stronger than krampus and put a fizz thing and a minus blade seriously make krampus stronger. super nova is just unfair none of us can use aura except balance and it does a lot of damage this spell must be removed. The spell mana burn is alright but I heard it takes shadow pips too is that a glitch. The gear ah the good gear like new crafted gear gets defense against elementals or you can choose to spirit but all other schools can not get defense against balance this is not fair. All the balance gear good ones has more attack than fire what seriously fire should have more attack please make pvp fair ki. If you guys have anything to say pls reply.

Thank you

Historian
May 15, 2009
simply because something seems overpowered or unfair in the arena does not make it so. Balance is one of the hardest schools for anyone to master. It has neither the best defense, nor the most health or damage. It's a little of everything, but no strength lying in any one area.

It makes it even harder for balance students who have no polar opposite enemy. It's what makes fighting balance enemies so hard because we can't just prism it and throw our best spells, it takes a lot of planning to get it done right.

while you may think those spells are unfair, it really isn't. It gives balance something that makes it a little more unique, just like how all the other schools have special spells that make them special.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
Well balance isn't really that favored and it sounds like you trying to get K.I. favor fire.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
nathan fire friend on May 17, 2014 wrote:
hi
This is unfair how balance gets the best stuff in gear and in spells. Balance spell lore master is too strong its stronger than krampus and put a fizz thing and a minus blade seriously make krampus stronger. super nova is just unfair none of us can use aura except balance and it does a lot of damage this spell must be removed. The spell mana burn is alright but I heard it takes shadow pips too is that a glitch. The gear ah the good gear like new crafted gear gets defense against elementals or you can choose to spirit but all other schools can not get defense against balance this is not fair. All the balance gear good ones has more attack than fire what seriously fire should have more attack please make pvp fair ki. If you guys have anything to say pls reply.

Thank you
Balance doesn't get 'the best of everything' and neither does any other school. Just because you can't beat them, doesn't mean they hold a great advantage. There are posts complaining that Ice gets the best, Storm, Fire, etc., all from people who have not adapted to playing these wizards. pay attention and learn, or just stop doing PvP. Don't expect KI to nerf gear.

Explorer
Nov 18, 2011
Please don't complain. I don't see why complaining will fix your problem.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
-Learn it and use a balance mastery.
-Don't use auras then, balance is in the same boat as you are if they come up against another balance.
-The shadow pips are a glitch, hit faster to avoid getting burned.
-Balance is supposed to be harder to block/defend against. Get universal block gear.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2012
nathan fire friend on May 17, 2014 wrote:
hi

Thank you
#1 Loremaster is not OP
The weakness is not at all strong and when I use it people always push through and NOT fiz.

#2 Supernova has really, really low accuracy
To avoid this being used on you DONT use an aura when you pvp balance and t shouldn't be removed just because you don't know how to deal with it

#3 Manaburn doesn't take shadow pips that's just a rumor.

#4 I'm pretty sure you didn't even bother to look at some of the gear because THERE ARE some gear that resists balance specifically.

#Balance has the same amount of attacks as every school. PvP for the most part is already fair, YOU personally just don't know how to play.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2009
I have few things to say:
1. While I agree with you in saying Krampus is underpowered, it's nothing an enchant can't fix. It's meteor shower that hits one person and gives a black mantle
2. Don't use an aura then. The only way to prevent a wildfire is to not lay down the wood and the fuel.
3. I highly doubt it it takes shadow pips. If it did in the past, it's fixed now.
4. While I haven't seen gear with balance resist, universal resist covers that area rather well.
5. All schools (except the astral schools and shadow) have the same number of spells, it's fair.
6. IMPROVE YOUR GRAMMAR! I had a bit of difficulty reading that.

Richard BattleStone lvl 84

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
For the people saying that balance is not overpowered, how is it not? First, the stats. It can get high resist to spirit or elemental schools, and good all around resist. No sacrifices there. High critical. Some of the highest block and health in the game. Often high healing boost. Some of the best power pips in the game. Normal pierce. Next, spells. Loremaster: great damage+an accuracy debuff+a weakness. It's like any other 4 pip spell, except it has 2 side effects. Supernova: 535 damage plus the removal of a star spell. With accuracy enchants that also give armor piercing, critical, and damage boost, this can get to 2000 pretty easily. Mana burn: Extremely limited pips on the opponents, giving you time to heal, as you can make it impossible for the opponent to combo. When used first round, I've had opponents do 1700 damage with no critical to me AND take away the so called advantage of the extra pips from second. Availing hands: Not super overpowered, but with critical and balances healing boost, this can often heal for 800 per round. Enough said. The new shadow creatures: Balance is one of the few schools that can easily boost the new shadow creatures. With a few feints and a shatter, balance can pretty easily do 4000 damage to an opponent. Balance can get good stats without sacrificing anything/much, and gets some of the best spells currently in the game. Overpowered? I certainly think so.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
xSemira on May 17, 2014 wrote:
#1 Loremaster is not OP
The weakness is not at all strong and when I use it people always push through and NOT fiz.

#2 Supernova has really, really low accuracy
To avoid this being used on you DONT use an aura when you pvp balance and t shouldn't be removed just because you don't know how to deal with it

#3 Manaburn doesn't take shadow pips that's just a rumor.

#4 I'm pretty sure you didn't even bother to look at some of the gear because THERE ARE some gear that resists balance specifically.

#Balance has the same amount of attacks as every school. PvP for the most part is already fair, YOU personally just don't know how to play.
Manaburn DOES take your shadow pips, so does Lord of Winter. It appears that the shadow pips are still there after the attack, but at the start of the next turn the shadow pips are gone too. It's clearly a major bug they need to fix.