Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

balance is overpowered

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
I believe that balance isn't overpowered as everyone says..however it is still very strong. I wish I had a high level balance (I'm lazy) so I'll just keep my level 30 one..who is kinda OP

Wolf Legend

Survivor
Feb 23, 2011
13
I did a comparison of gears, combination of hades, crafted, and crown ones (max level) and it proves that balance has the upper hand in all aspects. First, they can use hades (resist gear) without sacrificing pips, accuracy, they have more damage boost compared to fire which is supposed to be second to storm. If they combine this with the boots crown gear for a damage build all the more that it becomes powerful add to this is a relatively high xp which is second to ice. Second, most of them have damage and resist pets which is very good for an extra damage and resist build. Third, their utility low pip spells are really overpowered: mana burn, loremaster, super nova accuracy enchanted, savage paw and scorpion for minions or for a combo hit. Finally, they can use star school auras at any time during the game, opponent's may cast aura pet becomes a disadvantage even at first turn, and if you build pips against them then it will not last a turn without being burned.
I did not add heals because the rest are equal with mastery life amulet that other schools can use.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
PvP King on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
Again, I didn't complain about it. I stated that that's Balance's version of Tower Shield against other schools, and both sides have a 50%. I also never "complained" that it was too weak, I simply said it attacks slower. I love its utility spells and how it can help me stack Weaknesses/Black Mantles on my opponent, but its disadvantage is the slow attacking, meaning that Balance still yet has to find a way to remove Towers as efficiently as other schools do. That's exactly how Balance isn't overpowered, Shrike is the only way Balance can ignore a shield, and even with that spell there's still the backlash and the chance of fizzling, not getting a shadow pip, or even getting a white pip. Shrike isn't the end of the world vs a Balance, it never was. I also looked on the leaderboard, and the current first place is a Storm wizard, the second max lvl on the leaderboard is an Ice wizard, the third a Fire wizard, then another Storm wizard, then finally a Balance wizard. There are far more max level Fire and Storm wizards than there are Balance. Why? Because those schools are truly the overpowered ones, and they're both a lot easier to use and win with. So your statement on many max level balances being on the leaderboard is inaccurate. Again, I don't "complain" about Tower Shield, I'm stating facts. If I were to complain about it I'd be making posts and be calling out people for using the spell, but no, I don't. And vs a Balance wizard, you can ignore shields too with using Shrike. It isn't the only school in the world with the spell so quit whining about it. It's underpowered in more ways than any other school is, and even Myth has more utilities than it. Storm and Fire have massive damage and critical, Life has massive heals, Ice has massive health and good stacking techniques, Death has drains and Doom and Bad Juju, Myth has the most creative and possibly even the best spells in the entire game, and when you look at Balance, the only good thing you see about it is Loremaster. Without Loremaster, Savage Paw, Judgement, and Mana Burn, how low do you want to take Balance wizards exactly? Should our only attack spell be Locust Swarm and Scorpion? No, those spells have finally put Balance back in line with the other schools so quit complaining about them. Other schools have useful spells, and I think Balance deserves a turn too.
Slow attacking is not a disadvantage for any school but ice. If you attack slowly then that's not my problem. There are many aggressive balances with hades gear who attack almost every round. There are tons of max lvl balances on the leaderboards compared to other max lvl schools. I have never heard anyone complain about max lvl fires being op in pvp. Apparently your opinions are clearly off. I have heard of people complain about max lvl balance being op countless times. Ever wonder why? If not, I'd gladly explain why. You are the one whining around here about balance being underpowered. Max lvl Myth is underpowered, not balance so why don't you make a max lvl myth and pvp and discover the real definition of underpowered. Since when does balance have no useful spells like the other schools? If you trash pretty much all of your spells then I guess you could say balance needs useful spells. From the nonsense I am hearing from you, I believe you want balance to dominate max lvl pvp even more since you have no consideration for all of balance's amazing spells.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
pindot77 on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
I did a comparison of gears, combination of hades, crafted, and crown ones (max level) and it proves that balance has the upper hand in all aspects. First, they can use hades (resist gear) without sacrificing pips, accuracy, they have more damage boost compared to fire which is supposed to be second to storm. If they combine this with the boots crown gear for a damage build all the more that it becomes powerful add to this is a relatively high xp which is second to ice. Second, most of them have damage and resist pets which is very good for an extra damage and resist build. Third, their utility low pip spells are really overpowered: mana burn, loremaster, super nova accuracy enchanted, savage paw and scorpion for minions or for a combo hit. Finally, they can use star school auras at any time during the game, opponent's may cast aura pet becomes a disadvantage even at first turn, and if you build pips against them then it will not last a turn without being burned.
I did not add heals because the rest are equal with mastery life amulet that other schools can use.
Exactly. Some people even have the audacity to say balance is underpowered which is totally ridiculous.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
Aaron SpellThief on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
Balance not being overpowered? Please, don't make me laugh. A school that can deal damage as fast as storm or fire, and has amazing side effects on near all of its spells, plus able to achieve high critical, block, damage, and resistance at the same time? Balance has arguably the best spell in the game, loremaster. Quite a lot of damage for a 4 pip spell, plus a weakness and a black mantle. Enchant it and spam it, and you can win frequently with just that. Mana burn makes building up pips for schools such as ice that need a lot of blades to do half-decent damage near impossible. Supernova is the only spell in the game that takes away the advantage of star spells, clearly unbalancing pvp even more. Shrike pierces through shields, making balance near unshieldable. I simply don't understand how you can not think that balance is one of the best schools, if not the best.
A school that can deal damage as fast as Storm or Fire? No, lol, not even close. Storm can one hit people with Insane Bolt if they wanted to. Fire can deal 700 damage with Power Link (It's happened on me with my 46% resist) with no blades at all and deal around 500 for the rest of the turns. 2 and 4 pips. Balance can't do nearly as much damage as these two schools, and we don't have a bubble to boost up the damage of our future attacks. That's the difference between Fire/Storm and Balance.

Really, with Hades gear, just about every school is able to get every stat to a high point at the same time. Have you not seen Myth wizards? Or how about Life? Fire can too, and Death's gear is the exact same as Balance's so I don't see a point in complaining about only Balance for that one.

Everybody keeps saying Loremaster is the best spell for PvP, while in reality, you should try casting it for yourself. It's just an improved version of Locust Swarm with side effects, and Power Link itself is a far better spell. You also can't "enchant and spam it", and it definitely won't take you far. Balance doesn't have the capability of spamming as good as other schools. No damage bubble? No good blades? Uh oh, problem, if you shield you hold off an attack completely. You can also put as many Tower Shields as we can Colossals so if you're first defending against a Balance wizard isn't a problem anyway. Once you shield, you can strike with your pips while the Balance wizard is left in the dust in the pip count, and if they Mana Burn from first you're still hitting anyways. This is what advanced PvP is really like.

And yes, Supernova is the only spell in the game that takes away the advantage of star spells, but Myth is also the only school that can do a DoT while stunning and using a double hit spell (Excluding Life/Death Mino). There's no problem without using star spells, you guys have blades, and for us, star spells are our blades. There's absolutely no unevenness between 2 schools while fighting a Balance.

I alos don't get why you complain about Shrike, your own spell. Look, Balance only has 50% shields to other schools and Tower Shield, you can wand off the Tower while keeping your blade then Shrike to ignore the Elemental/Spirit shield. It does take a little more work but you're definitely going to hit harder. I do think Balance is a great school, but only because I'm highly experienced with it. It's one of the hardest schools to play (Second to Death) and takes a lot of farming and crafting of spells to keep up with other schools. The other schools get an easy way of getting good spells by simply leveling up, Balance has to take that extra step to keep up with everybody else.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
66
What? You just called scorpion overpowered? If scorpion is OP, then thunder bats is even more Op. It does more damage for the same amount of pips.

I think that balance having mana burn and supernova is fine- balance is about changing the rules of combat anyways. And mana burn becomes pretty useless if you aren't building pips, so simple counter to it is NOT building pips.

If we're using hades gear, we do sacrifice some accuracy that was given on crafted gear. When I go against a balance and use an aura, they tend to not use supernova for some reason..

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
284
thank bartelby that i wasent the only one to notice that, even if you are a high level balance for some reason is very but very over powerd, i mean i got defeated by a lvl 15 wizard and my wizard is a lvl 22 wizard! come on they are way too overpowerd, and they get a attack all spell at level 16, to be honest ( no offense to wizards) i think is way better but i will stick to

isaac god heart lvl 22 journeyman aprrentice soon to be

"to help friends, you first must help youre self. Even if change is neded"

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
pindot77 on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
I did a comparison of gears, combination of hades, crafted, and crown ones (max level) and it proves that balance has the upper hand in all aspects. First, they can use hades (resist gear) without sacrificing pips, accuracy, they have more damage boost compared to fire which is supposed to be second to storm. If they combine this with the boots crown gear for a damage build all the more that it becomes powerful add to this is a relatively high xp which is second to ice. Second, most of them have damage and resist pets which is very good for an extra damage and resist build. Third, their utility low pip spells are really overpowered: mana burn, loremaster, super nova accuracy enchanted, savage paw and scorpion for minions or for a combo hit. Finally, they can use star school auras at any time during the game, opponent's may cast aura pet becomes a disadvantage even at first turn, and if you build pips against them then it will not last a turn without being burned.
I did not add heals because the rest are equal with mastery life amulet that other schools can use.
As I remember, my hades gear give no accuracy at all, I have to have a pet to get any.
As far as having more damage boost than fire, you forget that every Fire spell has more
damage than any Balance spell, bar none.
So, you are saying that no one else uses pets to get damage boost and resist, please.....
Loremaster is almost impossible to get, and is not all that good, when used alone.
Savage paw is a crafted spell, and everyone has a spell just as good, if not better as in fire's
crafted spell, actually Fire's is much better.
Yep, horrible Mana Burn, three pips for a cost of three pips, and mininal damage.
Really, not that great of spell, it's nothing more than a delay spell, so you can find cards.
Super Nova is almost useless, as anyone knows you don't cast a aura when you face a
Balance. So this spell is again, a useless spell, unless the person you face is a
complete noob.
Now, lets look at Storm, far more deadly than Balance can even think of being.
Myth, with it's Medusa double stun, and the ability to remove the one stun shield,
they are unstoppable.
Fire, they can remove shields wtihout any issue, just like Death, and Ice.
Nice to look at one school and complain, but I could do the exact same thing with
every other school in the game.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
I pretty much only have a problem with those who claim balance is underpowered. It definitely is possible for them to deal damage as fast as a fire especially with loremaster, supernova, and savage paw. The latest bonus spell fire received was krampus which I feel is too weak since loremaster is clearly a better spell with the same pip cost. Those who say balance is underpowered better get their facts checked because balance dominates max lvl pvp.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
stormninja542 on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
Slow attacking is not a disadvantage for any school but ice. If you attack slowly then that's not my problem. There are many aggressive balances with hades gear who attack almost every round. There are tons of max lvl balances on the leaderboards compared to other max lvl schools. I have never heard anyone complain about max lvl fires being op in pvp. Apparently your opinions are clearly off. I have heard of people complain about max lvl balance being op countless times. Ever wonder why? If not, I'd gladly explain why. You are the one whining around here about balance being underpowered. Max lvl Myth is underpowered, not balance so why don't you make a max lvl myth and pvp and discover the real definition of underpowered. Since when does balance have no useful spells like the other schools? If you trash pretty much all of your spells then I guess you could say balance needs useful spells. From the nonsense I am hearing from you, I believe you want balance to dominate max lvl pvp even more since you have no consideration for all of balance's amazing spells.
Yawn, again, I never said I attack slow. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. And this argument is getting really boring in my opinion because you keep assuming facts that come out with no meaning. ANY school can attack fast/slow, it's not just Ice. Ice can attack fast, too, like my Ice. And no, I have a max level of every wizard except Storm. I do PvP on all sides, and honestly, Myth and Fire are my favorite ones. Why? Because they don't only have 3 reigning spells in their deck, they have many.

"There are many aggressive balances with hades gear who attack almost every round." Does every school not have offensive Hades gear? Is Balance the only school that can spam? No, lol, even Ice can spam and I've seen it. Also go check the leaderboards again because you're way outdated, 1st max lvl is Storm, 2nd is Ice, 3rd is Storm, 4th is Fire, 5th is Storm, 6th is Fire, 7th Balance. Oh boy, out of 7 people there's 3 Storms, 2 Fires, 1 Ice, 1 Balance. Why do you think it's 3 Storms? Or better yet 3 Fires? Is it maybe because those are the new overpowered schools? Yep, you bet. Why is that? Because they have an efficient way of avoiding shields. Balance does not. Get my point? Or are you still sticking on one side and ignoring the facts? Also, Myth has the best spells ever needed for 1v1, Shatter, Medusa, Earthquake, Basilsik, Orthrus, Minotaut, Talos, what more could they ask for?

Honestly, this argument is completely useless. You're sticking with your side and you're not changing your opinion no matter what fact anybody else points out. You're wrong about Balance being overpowered, same as everybody else. Why not take a moment to stop and think once in a while about your next move in PvP? That's what Balance and Myth are best at. Myth is basically the higher damaging Balance, and yet it's never been complained about. Like I said, you go make a Balance and level it up. You're going to need all the luck you can get to get to rank 2000, unlike other schools (Excluding Death) where you have things going easy. Life can stall (Mine can), Fire is just a powerhouse (Mine is), Myth is the king of 1v1 (I love using my Myth), Death can take advantage of Doom and Gloom/Cloaking Bad Juju (Mine does), Ice can take advantage of their health and drop resist and use more offensive stats (Mine does), Storm can simply spam their way to rank 2000, look at the leaderboards and ask yourself why.

Why is Balance seen as such a powerful school? Because the only Balance wizards you're going to face at high ranks are the great Balances, not just good, but dominating Balance wizards. Why? Because Balance takes a lot of thinking to take control of a match. And those thinkers are what make up high ranks for Balance. The ones that don't think as much will stay a low rank, like any other school. I don't understand why you think just about any new player can get to top level and start dominating the arena on Balance. It takes skill, not just a school or spells to be great.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2011
13
I am not complaining here my fellow wizard. and also I am not saying to remove this spell or that, or tweak their gear. I am simply stating how dominant balance is in terms of its overall ability in playing pvp 1v1 given the resources available for its school (which you may say again is also available to other schools). It includes of course other variables needed for the game of pvp, e.g. pets and setting strings to compliment what is already there. In my experience in meta pvp, balance gives the most exciting and challenging school to face. And ask anyone who dominates 1v1 pvp? Not any other school but balance. The leader board doesn't speak for itself, but in general overlord rank belong to balance school nowadays.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2011
13
AustinShadowSwordA... on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
What? You just called scorpion overpowered? If scorpion is OP, then thunder bats is even more Op. It does more damage for the same amount of pips.

I think that balance having mana burn and supernova is fine- balance is about changing the rules of combat anyways. And mana burn becomes pretty useless if you aren't building pips, so simple counter to it is NOT building pips.

If we're using hades gear, we do sacrifice some accuracy that was given on crafted gear. When I go against a balance and use an aura, they tend to not use supernova for some reason..
I don't say scorpion is overpowered. I am referring to the fact that for minimal pip combo, balance has the ability to move in terms of these low pip utility spells. Yes I know, thunder bats is more powerful because it is a storm spell but I would like to reiterate that it is partly the overall impact of how balance is set for pvp.

"...balance is changing the the rules of combat anyways." Yes, you hit the head of the nail by saying this and that is what I am trying to emphasize . And if it is, as you say, balance is changing the rule of the game what about other schools. should they be spectators or followers of the rule change?

"If we're using hades gear, we do sacrifice some accuracy..." It is not so much of an issue with balance because your spell accuracy is not as low as storm and fire. But again, you can cast infallible aura at any juncture of the game. Whereas other schools need to be wary of using it.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
Get a grip. Balance isn't any more over-powered than any other school. It's all on how you learn and play the school that gives you the advantage, not the spells on their own. Balance has the worst blades, the tri-blades and traps cost a pip (equivalent to 2 pips if it's a power pip). We can't wand off weakness if we have our cheesy blades on. Balances doesn't have converts or other such luxuries other schools have. Base damage is almost as laughable as Ice's.

If you did a comparison of Balance gear, you obviously didn't do a comparison for other schools and the different boosting combinations that can be achieved.

I use pretty simple gear on my L90 Balance. I do have a couple of sets, depending on whether I'm playing with a team or going solo. If I'm solo, watch out, because I not only have great stats, I know HOW to use my school. I know what works and what doesn't. I try to work around the weaknesses and build on my strengths .... THAT is how it should be done, and not seeing someone whine that one school is OP because you don't know how to win.

Rowan
Awesome BBQ Sauce

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
PvP King on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
A school that can deal damage as fast as Storm or Fire? No, lol, not even close. Storm can one hit people with Insane Bolt if they wanted to. Fire can deal 700 damage with Power Link (It's happened on me with my 46% resist) with no blades at all and deal around 500 for the rest of the turns. 2 and 4 pips. Balance can't do nearly as much damage as these two schools, and we don't have a bubble to boost up the damage of our future attacks. That's the difference between Fire/Storm and Balance.

Really, with Hades gear, just about every school is able to get every stat to a high point at the same time. Have you not seen Myth wizards? Or how about Life? Fire can too, and Death's gear is the exact same as Balance's so I don't see a point in complaining about only Balance for that one.

Everybody keeps saying Loremaster is the best spell for PvP, while in reality, you should try casting it for yourself. It's just an improved version of Locust Swarm with side effects, and Power Link itself is a far better spell. You also can't "enchant and spam it", and it definitely won't take you far. Balance doesn't have the capability of spamming as good as other schools. No damage bubble? No good blades? Uh oh, problem, if you shield you hold off an attack completely. You can also put as many Tower Shields as we can Colossals so if you're first defending against a Balance wizard isn't a problem anyway. Once you shield, you can strike with your pips while the Balance wizard is left in the dust in the pip count, and if they Mana Burn from first you're still hitting anyways. This is what advanced PvP is really like.

And yes, Supernova is the only spell in the game that takes away the advantage of star spells, but Myth is also the only school that can do a DoT while stunning and using a double hit spell (Excluding Life/Death Mino). There's no problem without using star spells, you guys have blades, and for us, star spells are our blades. There's absolutely no unevenness between 2 schools while fighting a Balance.

I alos don't get why you complain about Shrike, your own spell. Look, Balance only has 50% shields to other schools and Tower Shield, you can wand off the Tower while keeping your blade then Shrike to ignore the Elemental/Spirit shield. It does take a little more work but you're definitely going to hit harder. I do think Balance is a great school, but only because I'm highly experienced with it. It's one of the hardest schools to play (Second to Death) and takes a lot of farming and crafting of spells to keep up with other schools. The other schools get an easy way of getting good spells by simply leveling up, Balance has to take that extra step to keep up with everybody else.
First off, I have a friend with 2800 some rank on the second page of the leaderboard that spams weakness and loremaster. I battled him once, and it is not exactly easy to defeat. Secondly, compare the damages of storm's kraken, fire's brimstone revenant, and balance's loremaster. Kraken does 137.5 per pip on average. Brimstone revenant does 110 per pip. Loremaster does 107.5 per pip on average. Not very much of a difference, AND loremaster gets a weakness and a black mantle. Loremaster is the equivalent of a pretty good attack and a defensive move at the same time, making it very powerful. If it is spammed, the opponent is layered with weaknesses and forced to heal. If infections and normal weaknesses are also spammed, this strategy can be very hard to beat. As for your so-called hardest schools to pvp on, my death and balance are my best pvp characters. My balance is currently at 2358, and my death is in the 1500s. Balance has many advantages that no other schools have, and thus makes pvp unbalanced. Maybe if other schools got a unique spell, then it would be fair. Take fire, for example. Anyone else can use DoTs. Anyone else can put weaknesses. Anyone else can deal damage. With schools such as balance and myth, however, they get unique spells that put them ahead of other schools. I believe that pvp and the game should be fair, not unbalanced toward one school or playing style.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
PvP King on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
Again, I didn't complain about it. I stated that that's Balance's version of Tower Shield against other schools, and both sides have a 50%. I also never "complained" that it was too weak, I simply said it attacks slower. I love its utility spells and how it can help me stack Weaknesses/Black Mantles on my opponent, but its disadvantage is the slow attacking, meaning that Balance still yet has to find a way to remove Towers as efficiently as other schools do. That's exactly how Balance isn't overpowered, Shrike is the only way Balance can ignore a shield, and even with that spell there's still the backlash and the chance of fizzling, not getting a shadow pip, or even getting a white pip. Shrike isn't the end of the world vs a Balance, it never was. I also looked on the leaderboard, and the current first place is a Storm wizard, the second max lvl on the leaderboard is an Ice wizard, the third a Fire wizard, then another Storm wizard, then finally a Balance wizard. There are far more max level Fire and Storm wizards than there are Balance. Why? Because those schools are truly the overpowered ones, and they're both a lot easier to use and win with. So your statement on many max level balances being on the leaderboard is inaccurate. Again, I don't "complain" about Tower Shield, I'm stating facts. If I were to complain about it I'd be making posts and be calling out people for using the spell, but no, I don't. And vs a Balance wizard, you can ignore shields too with using Shrike. It isn't the only school in the world with the spell so quit whining about it. It's underpowered in more ways than any other school is, and even Myth has more utilities than it. Storm and Fire have massive damage and critical, Life has massive heals, Ice has massive health and good stacking techniques, Death has drains and Doom and Bad Juju, Myth has the most creative and possibly even the best spells in the entire game, and when you look at Balance, the only good thing you see about it is Loremaster. Without Loremaster, Savage Paw, Judgement, and Mana Burn, how low do you want to take Balance wizards exactly? Should our only attack spell be Locust Swarm and Scorpion? No, those spells have finally put Balance back in line with the other schools so quit complaining about them. Other schools have useful spells, and I think Balance deserves a turn too.
Refer to this post if you need yet another reminder as to what you say in your previous posts. Try looking for the part when you said balance simply attacks slow.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
PvP King on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
Yawn, again, I never said I attack slow. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. And this argument is getting really boring in my opinion because you keep assuming facts that come out with no meaning. ANY school can attack fast/slow, it's not just Ice. Ice can attack fast, too, like my Ice. And no, I have a max level of every wizard except Storm. I do PvP on all sides, and honestly, Myth and Fire are my favorite ones. Why? Because they don't only have 3 reigning spells in their deck, they have many.

"There are many aggressive balances with hades gear who attack almost every round." Does every school not have offensive Hades gear? Is Balance the only school that can spam? No, lol, even Ice can spam and I've seen it. Also go check the leaderboards again because you're way outdated, 1st max lvl is Storm, 2nd is Ice, 3rd is Storm, 4th is Fire, 5th is Storm, 6th is Fire, 7th Balance. Oh boy, out of 7 people there's 3 Storms, 2 Fires, 1 Ice, 1 Balance. Why do you think it's 3 Storms? Or better yet 3 Fires? Is it maybe because those are the new overpowered schools? Yep, you bet. Why is that? Because they have an efficient way of avoiding shields. Balance does not. Get my point? Or are you still sticking on one side and ignoring the facts? Also, Myth has the best spells ever needed for 1v1, Shatter, Medusa, Earthquake, Basilsik, Orthrus, Minotaut, Talos, what more could they ask for?

Honestly, this argument is completely useless. You're sticking with your side and you're not changing your opinion no matter what fact anybody else points out. You're wrong about Balance being overpowered, same as everybody else. Why not take a moment to stop and think once in a while about your next move in PvP? That's what Balance and Myth are best at. Myth is basically the higher damaging Balance, and yet it's never been complained about. Like I said, you go make a Balance and level it up. You're going to need all the luck you can get to get to rank 2000, unlike other schools (Excluding Death) where you have things going easy. Life can stall (Mine can), Fire is just a powerhouse (Mine is), Myth is the king of 1v1 (I love using my Myth), Death can take advantage of Doom and Gloom/Cloaking Bad Juju (Mine does), Ice can take advantage of their health and drop resist and use more offensive stats (Mine does), Storm can simply spam their way to rank 2000, look at the leaderboards and ask yourself why.

Why is Balance seen as such a powerful school? Because the only Balance wizards you're going to face at high ranks are the great Balances, not just good, but dominating Balance wizards. Why? Because Balance takes a lot of thinking to take control of a match. And those thinkers are what make up high ranks for Balance. The ones that don't think as much will stay a low rank, like any other school. I don't understand why you think just about any new player can get to top level and start dominating the arena on Balance. It takes skill, not just a school or spells to be great.
Lol you really don't get it do you? Oh well then, but stop complaining about balance being underpowered. The only reason we are having this argument is because you think balance which is considered one of the greatest schools to be underpowered. It's not underpowered. Myth is the king of 1v1? LOL. Seriously, where have you been? I rarely see any myth's at max lvl but you wouldn't know why because you are completely clueless in pretty much everything we've talked about. Takes a lot of thought for a balance to win huh? It doesn't take a bit more thought than the rest of the schools to win or control a match. I see balances mindlessly spam loremaster and savage paw and win. But of course a fire could mindlessly spam power link and krampus and win. Oh yea this is supposed to remind me that neither fire or balance are underpowered. All you do are make assumptions without being careful as to what you assume. As much as I want to say balance is op I won't because they have their weaknesses. Their new strengths though are incredible which makes them seem op. I am not sure if balance is op or not so I won't assume that they are just as you are assuming they are underpowered. If you truly think balance is underpowered well then your opinion about balance's power is very off.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
66
pindot77 on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
I don't say scorpion is overpowered. I am referring to the fact that for minimal pip combo, balance has the ability to move in terms of these low pip utility spells. Yes I know, thunder bats is more powerful because it is a storm spell but I would like to reiterate that it is partly the overall impact of how balance is set for pvp.

"...balance is changing the the rules of combat anyways." Yes, you hit the head of the nail by saying this and that is what I am trying to emphasize . And if it is, as you say, balance is changing the rule of the game what about other schools. should they be spectators or followers of the rule change?

"If we're using hades gear, we do sacrifice some accuracy..." It is not so much of an issue with balance because your spell accuracy is not as low as storm and fire. But again, you can cast infallible aura at any juncture of the game. Whereas other schools need to be wary of using it.
"Third, their utility low pip spells are really overpowered: mana burn, loremaster, super nova accuracy enchanted, savage paw and scorpion for minions or for a combo hit. "

In that sentence, you listed scorpion as overpowered; that was where I got confused. lol

Other schools can do combos similar to balance too. Although I would agree that balance do have some better spells than the other schools, but the same can be said for the other schools. What do you mean by balance being able to move?

Survivor
Feb 23, 2011
13
BrynnerOfReign on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
Get a grip. Balance isn't any more over-powered than any other school. It's all on how you learn and play the school that gives you the advantage, not the spells on their own. Balance has the worst blades, the tri-blades and traps cost a pip (equivalent to 2 pips if it's a power pip). We can't wand off weakness if we have our cheesy blades on. Balances doesn't have converts or other such luxuries other schools have. Base damage is almost as laughable as Ice's.

If you did a comparison of Balance gear, you obviously didn't do a comparison for other schools and the different boosting combinations that can be achieved.

I use pretty simple gear on my L90 Balance. I do have a couple of sets, depending on whether I'm playing with a team or going solo. If I'm solo, watch out, because I not only have great stats, I know HOW to use my school. I know what works and what doesn't. I try to work around the weaknesses and build on my strengths .... THAT is how it should be done, and not seeing someone whine that one school is OP because you don't know how to win.

Rowan
Awesome BBQ Sauce
"Get a grip. Balance isn't any more over-powered than any other school."

Then, you're admitting to the fact that balance have become OP as you would say.

"I know what works and what doesn't. I try to work around the weaknesses and build on my strengths .... THAT is how it should be done, and not seeing someone whine that one school is OP because you don't know how to win."

Your line of arguing sound very pedantic and assuming.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
stormninja542 on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
Lol you really don't get it do you? Oh well then, but stop complaining about balance being underpowered. The only reason we are having this argument is because you think balance which is considered one of the greatest schools to be underpowered. It's not underpowered. Myth is the king of 1v1? LOL. Seriously, where have you been? I rarely see any myth's at max lvl but you wouldn't know why because you are completely clueless in pretty much everything we've talked about. Takes a lot of thought for a balance to win huh? It doesn't take a bit more thought than the rest of the schools to win or control a match. I see balances mindlessly spam loremaster and savage paw and win. But of course a fire could mindlessly spam power link and krampus and win. Oh yea this is supposed to remind me that neither fire or balance are underpowered. All you do are make assumptions without being careful as to what you assume. As much as I want to say balance is op I won't because they have their weaknesses. Their new strengths though are incredible which makes them seem op. I am not sure if balance is op or not so I won't assume that they are just as you are assuming they are underpowered. If you truly think balance is underpowered well then your opinion about balance's power is very off.
Like I said, go make a Balance wizard. I play PvP on every school except Storm, and all my records are nearly undefeated and nearly or above rank 2000, so I do have a bit of knowledge of my own about PvP. I do PvP mostly on my Balance, because it was my first wizard, and I'm saying it's the hardest to play because it is. I played a Fire, an Ice, a Life, a Myth, a Death, and have asked people on their thoughts about the hardest school to beat or play on. The hardest that most people said was Storm. The hardest people said to play on was Death. Myth, yes, it is the best 1v1 school. Have you ever faced a Myth Warlord before? One who knows EXACTLY what they're doing? Yeah, they're hard to fight from any angle you face them from. Even Storms have troubles against them. Jades do too, because of Shatter. From the ranges of major offensive to major defense, every school has troubles against a true Myth PvPer. Sadly, I'm not one of those Myths, I'm just a decent (In other words I spam Minotaur) PvPer on Myth.

And Loremaster isn't the spell that takes control of every match every time, if people aren't smart enough to use Empower/Sacrifice to take off the Weaknesses then that's their problem. Even if you use Empower you're safe from Mana Burn since all they do is "spam Loremaster". But no, look at great duelists on central such as Gorman SandShade or Colin TitanStone. Is all they use Loremaster? No, PvP still very well takes more than just a few clicks to take control of a match, and that 20% Weakness from Loremaster won't be your prince charming every single time. Sure, it weakens the spell a little bit, but if that's all they use then you should have no problem dealing thousands of damage back at them.

My opinion about Balance having a huge disadvantage could be way off, yeah, I don't know everything in the world, but it seems like to me that most people that say Balance is overpowered are people that don't spend time trying to find a solution to getting around their PvP problems. Honestly, if half the people that complain about PvP aren't willing to try to find a solution to what defeats them, then the arena isn't your place.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
PvP King on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
Yawn, again, I never said I attack slow. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. And this argument is getting really boring in my opinion because you keep assuming facts that come out with no meaning. ANY school can attack fast/slow, it's not just Ice. Ice can attack fast, too, like my Ice. And no, I have a max level of every wizard except Storm. I do PvP on all sides, and honestly, Myth and Fire are my favorite ones. Why? Because they don't only have 3 reigning spells in their deck, they have many.

"There are many aggressive balances with hades gear who attack almost every round." Does every school not have offensive Hades gear? Is Balance the only school that can spam? No, lol, even Ice can spam and I've seen it. Also go check the leaderboards again because you're way outdated, 1st max lvl is Storm, 2nd is Ice, 3rd is Storm, 4th is Fire, 5th is Storm, 6th is Fire, 7th Balance. Oh boy, out of 7 people there's 3 Storms, 2 Fires, 1 Ice, 1 Balance. Why do you think it's 3 Storms? Or better yet 3 Fires? Is it maybe because those are the new overpowered schools? Yep, you bet. Why is that? Because they have an efficient way of avoiding shields. Balance does not. Get my point? Or are you still sticking on one side and ignoring the facts? Also, Myth has the best spells ever needed for 1v1, Shatter, Medusa, Earthquake, Basilsik, Orthrus, Minotaut, Talos, what more could they ask for?

Honestly, this argument is completely useless. You're sticking with your side and you're not changing your opinion no matter what fact anybody else points out. You're wrong about Balance being overpowered, same as everybody else. Why not take a moment to stop and think once in a while about your next move in PvP? That's what Balance and Myth are best at. Myth is basically the higher damaging Balance, and yet it's never been complained about. Like I said, you go make a Balance and level it up. You're going to need all the luck you can get to get to rank 2000, unlike other schools (Excluding Death) where you have things going easy. Life can stall (Mine can), Fire is just a powerhouse (Mine is), Myth is the king of 1v1 (I love using my Myth), Death can take advantage of Doom and Gloom/Cloaking Bad Juju (Mine does), Ice can take advantage of their health and drop resist and use more offensive stats (Mine does), Storm can simply spam their way to rank 2000, look at the leaderboards and ask yourself why.

Why is Balance seen as such a powerful school? Because the only Balance wizards you're going to face at high ranks are the great Balances, not just good, but dominating Balance wizards. Why? Because Balance takes a lot of thinking to take control of a match. And those thinkers are what make up high ranks for Balance. The ones that don't think as much will stay a low rank, like any other school. I don't understand why you think just about any new player can get to top level and start dominating the arena on Balance. It takes skill, not just a school or spells to be great.
"At the high ranks are the great balances, not just good, but dominating balances." Any balance can easily dominate pvp. Some balances just do not know how to use their abilities to their best or don't have spells (like loremaster) to max out their abilities. Those who do can easily dominate pvp and reach the high ranks. You are seriously making me assume that you are one of the balances that don't know how to use balance's power properly if you're complaining about balance being underpowered. You also state that skill is necessary to be great (which is true), but the part you are missing are the advantages of a school over others. If two highly skilled players with about the same amount of skill 1v1 but one player has awesome spells like loremaster, it's pretty obvious that the player with better spells will win. Highly skilled balances can be beaten but it takes more skill and thought into beating them which makes it unfair. So, keep in mind that skill does play a big part in greatness in pvp, but spells do too.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
pindot77 on Mar 28, 2014 wrote:
"Get a grip. Balance isn't any more over-powered than any other school."

Then, you're admitting to the fact that balance have become OP as you would say.

"I know what works and what doesn't. I try to work around the weaknesses and build on my strengths .... THAT is how it should be done, and not seeing someone whine that one school is OP because you don't know how to win."

Your line of arguing sound very pedantic and assuming.
Either every school is over-powered or they all are not. You can choose which scenario to go with. It seems to be a growing fad when a particular school gets picked on because of their damage, or critical, or resist, or block, or health, or whatever silly excuse someone comes up with. The simple fact is, each school is different and each has their own unique abilities.

These days, PvP is very demanding, not only in gear, but also types of spells, combinations of spells, types of teams, pets, and whatever factor can be included for someone to try and win. If someone is going to PvP, then they have to learn the harsh realities ..... they are going to win some and lose some. For those that lose, they like to come to the boards and cry out to everyone that they allegedly lost unfairly, and that a particular school needs to be nerfed because they felt there wasn't any way around the battle. Then it starts an uproar, because it's like "follow the leader", and others have to try and get their 15 minutes of fame in the thread as well.

So, when talking about Balance's hp (you typed xp, but I'm assuming it was a typo and you meant hp), damage, and spells, be sure to do a side-by-side comparison to other schools, because many other schools can and do have better hp, damage, and spells. And, be sure to use all of the different combinations of gear, otherwise you might not have a full understanding of what kind of stats a Balance or any other school may achieve.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
stormninja542 on Mar 28, 2014 wrote:
"At the high ranks are the great balances, not just good, but dominating balances." Any balance can easily dominate pvp. Some balances just do not know how to use their abilities to their best or don't have spells (like loremaster) to max out their abilities. Those who do can easily dominate pvp and reach the high ranks. You are seriously making me assume that you are one of the balances that don't know how to use balance's power properly if you're complaining about balance being underpowered. You also state that skill is necessary to be great (which is true), but the part you are missing are the advantages of a school over others. If two highly skilled players with about the same amount of skill 1v1 but one player has awesome spells like loremaster, it's pretty obvious that the player with better spells will win. Highly skilled balances can be beaten but it takes more skill and thought into beating them which makes it unfair. So, keep in mind that skill does play a big part in greatness in pvp, but spells do too.
Yeah, spells do play a big part in greatness in PvP, and Loremaster does give Balance an edge in PvP. A lot of people have suggested for Loremaster to do 150-200 damage with the Weakness and Black Mantle, and that's just insane. Me and many other people didn't farm for months using our memberships to get a spell just for it to get nerfed down to nothing, that's why I really don't like when people complain about spells like that. The most important thing in PvP, no matter what spells you have, is taking control of the match. Every school does it their own way, and Balance's is simply cornering your opponent. That's what Balance is best at, but other schools can do it too, sometimes with more/less ease than Balance. Loremaster also isn't the whole reason as to why Balance wizards win PvP matches, I can assure you that 99% of the Balance wizards today could win matches without the spell. One thing that did come in my mind, which makes me think that the spell is a bit overpowered, is why Balance wizards specifically spend months or even a year farming to get such a spell, and I came to the conclusion that it's a lazy spell to use. It does everything you need all at once, damage, Black Mantle (a 35% chance to hit freely the next turn, the same way Power Link works except with a little more luck), and the Weakness.

Still, the spell alone isn't dangerous, and neither is Savage Paw or Mana Burn. If you play right against a Balance wizard, you can beat them at their own game. Supernova takes up space in the wizard's hand, giving them that one spell less to draw, Mana Burn could be sitting in your deck forever too if your opponent's a spammer, Judgement is seriously risky since it takes all your pips, and Loremaster isn't the best spell every time you use it. Other schools have their own advantages too, and they should learn to use them on their own. Balance is really easy to manipulate in PvP, and it's even easier to manipulate if you use Tower Shields. Balance still doesn't have an effective way of taking them off (Fire Elf TC could be a solution but that's 2 power pips gone to waste), and of course you probably have the same amount of Tower Shields as they do Colossals, so Balance can't exactly hit you hard through Towers. Balance isn't totally "underpowered", but it's not a strong enough school to be complained about. It also isn't one of the best, it's probably one of the hardest schools to play, simply because of all the farming/counters there are to Balance such as Snow Drift and how it forces Balance wizards to use Life Masteries, Tower Shields forcing Balances to attack slower at times while other schools can DoT and continue their play speed. That's the major disadvantage to Balance, and it definitelyy isn't overpowered. It isn't naturally underpowered, but in many cases compared to other high rank schools it is.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
PvP King on Mar 28, 2014 wrote:
Like I said, go make a Balance wizard. I play PvP on every school except Storm, and all my records are nearly undefeated and nearly or above rank 2000, so I do have a bit of knowledge of my own about PvP. I do PvP mostly on my Balance, because it was my first wizard, and I'm saying it's the hardest to play because it is. I played a Fire, an Ice, a Life, a Myth, a Death, and have asked people on their thoughts about the hardest school to beat or play on. The hardest that most people said was Storm. The hardest people said to play on was Death. Myth, yes, it is the best 1v1 school. Have you ever faced a Myth Warlord before? One who knows EXACTLY what they're doing? Yeah, they're hard to fight from any angle you face them from. Even Storms have troubles against them. Jades do too, because of Shatter. From the ranges of major offensive to major defense, every school has troubles against a true Myth PvPer. Sadly, I'm not one of those Myths, I'm just a decent (In other words I spam Minotaur) PvPer on Myth.

And Loremaster isn't the spell that takes control of every match every time, if people aren't smart enough to use Empower/Sacrifice to take off the Weaknesses then that's their problem. Even if you use Empower you're safe from Mana Burn since all they do is "spam Loremaster". But no, look at great duelists on central such as Gorman SandShade or Colin TitanStone. Is all they use Loremaster? No, PvP still very well takes more than just a few clicks to take control of a match, and that 20% Weakness from Loremaster won't be your prince charming every single time. Sure, it weakens the spell a little bit, but if that's all they use then you should have no problem dealing thousands of damage back at them.

My opinion about Balance having a huge disadvantage could be way off, yeah, I don't know everything in the world, but it seems like to me that most people that say Balance is overpowered are people that don't spend time trying to find a solution to getting around their PvP problems. Honestly, if half the people that complain about PvP aren't willing to try to find a solution to what defeats them, then the arena isn't your place.
You act as though people HAVE to use empower when vs balance. Why should we have to? Why should we have to load our decks with empowers to counter one spell? Loremaster can easily be spammed and the black mantle can cause you to fizzle. Okay so you say people complain about balance because we have to find a solution to defeating balance. The problem with the solutions to countering balance's spells causes people to entirely change their deck setup or tc deck setup or even pets. Like I mentioned before, why should I have to load my deck up with empowers to counter loremaster. Why should I have to load up on low pip spells to counter mana burn? Why should I have to take out my auras or discard them just to counter supernova. Why can't I have a pet with may cast infallible? This is an issue right not and the problem is mostly coming from balance's spells. So yea, there are solutions to countering balance but it will require you to nearly completely change your deck, pet, etc. If you don't even vs a balance then the new deck setup or new pet was completely pointless. No one wants to make those kind of changes because of one school's spells and now because we won't make those changes, countering balance's spells is very difficult and therefore makes it seem as an op school. Oh yea, about myth being the "pvp kings" how about you take a survey. Ask 20 max lvl pvp warlords and ask them if they think max lvl myth is the best pvp school. I will be surprised if 2 out of the 20 say yes.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
pindot77 on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
I don't say scorpion is overpowered. I am referring to the fact that for minimal pip combo, balance has the ability to move in terms of these low pip utility spells. Yes I know, thunder bats is more powerful because it is a storm spell but I would like to reiterate that it is partly the overall impact of how balance is set for pvp.

"...balance is changing the the rules of combat anyways." Yes, you hit the head of the nail by saying this and that is what I am trying to emphasize . And if it is, as you say, balance is changing the rule of the game what about other schools. should they be spectators or followers of the rule change?

"If we're using hades gear, we do sacrifice some accuracy..." It is not so much of an issue with balance because your spell accuracy is not as low as storm and fire. But again, you can cast infallible aura at any juncture of the game. Whereas other schools need to be wary of using it.
Ok, for you and everyone else, lets see if can find the proof in what is stated
in the above statement.

Let's take the top 250 players, and look at the number of Wizards that are 90 or above.

I will list their positions......

Storm, 1, 5, 9, 58, 96, 106, 112, 115, 176, 194.
Ice, .. 3, 71, 198, 219, Note that Ice has a Wizard up in the 3rd position.
Fire, ... 7, 15, 228. Note that Fire has one wizard up in the 7th position.
Balance, 14, 17, 46, 77, 230 (Ho ho, not even in the top Ten, but starting at 14th.
Myth 40, 131, 156.
Death 62.
Life 127th.

Storm has a total of 10 wizard in the top 250.
Balance has a total of 5 Wizards in the top 250.
Ice is higher in position, but only has 4 in the top 250.
Fire and Myth are down at 3 in the top 250.
Death and Life only have 1 in the top 250.

Clearing showing that you should have written that Storm is way over powered, not
Balance. So, please rewrite this and change it over to Storm.

The Above chart clearly shows that the order goes....

1. Storm. #1 and #5.
2. Ice. #3
3. Fire. #7.
4. Balance # 14.
5. Myth # 40.
6. Death # 62.
7. Life # 127.

Actually, I listed the order of the Level 90 wizards a while ago, and the above list matches
very close.

The above is fact, not random statements trying to generalize, but numeric order.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226