Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

balance is overpowered

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 10, 2010
92
I would like to state, Balance doesn not compare in any way to
Storm, in the current 90+ level game. The statement that Balance is
the top school is flat out incorrect.

A few points, in why I really see Balance as a hard Wizard to play.

1. It's blades are almost useless, a -40, an efreet, bad juju, any spell
like this makes your blades useless, while other can just wand them off.
2. Traps can be taken off by any spell, wand, etc, no other school has
these two limitation.
3. No over time spells or double strike spells to remove single or multiple
shields.
4. No stun spells, no stun attack spells, like Medusa, etc.
5. LoreMaster only drops a -20 weakness, while the Life spell drops a -25.
I ignore the Accuracy spells, as it seldom helps in any way.
6. Their Accuracy has dropped with the Hades gear, creating more fizzles.
Sometimes a death sentence in the current game.
7. Their Health has dropped with Hades Gear.
8. Heals are slow and Over time, unless the go with the Life Amulet,
creating more problems for their lack of being able to take out
sheilds.
9. LoreMaster is almost impossible to get as a drop, I have been trying to
over three months now (every night) and haven't seen it yet.
The only people that I know that have gotten it was with crowns, so I may
never get it.
10. All of thier spells are midddle of the road damage spells, unlike Storm or
fire.
11. No one is going to put up a local aura with a Balance across from them,
making Super Nova useless in almost all battles.
12. Manburn is almost useless when they still get to use their pips after you
cast it. If you are second, and they use their pips, you have just cast a 5
pip spells and got nothing in return. What other spell have this limitaiton?

13. I can keep this list going and going, but the key is Balance is in no way
Overpowered at all. It has a long list of limitation that many overcome,
because of people like Nick and Gorman, eos.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
stormninja542 on Apr 2, 2014 wrote:
Well you seem like a starter to understand how decks work. "You just have to play normally, like you do with any other school." I seriously thinking you are hopeless in understanding the problem with balance. Also you are wasting your time telling me about infection and black mantle and tower shield. Why do I care? I'm not talking about how tower shield, black mantle, and infection are used on all schools. I am talking about the changes FOR BALANCE ONLY. What does it take to get you to understand that we must use low pip spells, take out auras, load up on empower, and replace our "may cast infallible" pets for only vs balance? You obviously don't vs max lvl balances often otherwise you would get my point without adding all this other stuff about black mantle and whatever.
Okay, if you wanna go around calling people starters and acting like the tough guy, I can go there. So you're whining about a spell 3 spells, lol, Supernova, Mana Burn, and Loremaster. 3 spells are stopping you from PvP, and 3 spells are making you have to change your entire deck up? Wow. I never realized how far people could go to make excuses for losing.

I said you can use Tower Shield, Black Mantle, Infection, and every spell against a Balance wizard while being able to use them against every other school in the game. Balance doesn't heal differently, and any person with common sense in PvP knows to keep some small hits in his deck. If not, by all means go ahead and try for that one hit kill, it's never going to happen at high ranks of PvP unless you're a Jade. Anyways, if these spells are used against all schools, which they are, then I don't see the change you have to make in your deck. Oh no you have to take out auras? Oh wait, you have blades and Balance doesn't.. Did you ever take your time to notice that? Or are you too stubborn to even look at the realities in PvP. Auras replace Balance's incapability of blade stacking, while other schools can, and it makes makes Supernova completely fair.

The average Warlord in the Arena also uses Empower in PvP, I would know this because I'm not a "starter" like you think everybody else is. If you're too stubborn to not use Empower to help you in PvP matches, not my problem. You're the one limiting yourself. Don't wanna change your deck? Don't wanna use Empower? Wanting to have every possible advantage against Balance? Wanting all your matches to be as easy as 1-2-3? No, that's not what PvP is, and if you can't take a little work to becoming good at PvP then simply don't PvP at all, there's way more other things you can do in the game.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
Actually no my statement is completely correct, balance does have the second highest base health in game. Don't believe me? Go create a balance and life wizard right now and look at their base health. The difference in base health is simply a correction to your statement that those three schools have the same health.(that does make a difference in battle as health is now our major damage buffer) As for the difference in critical and block rather than rehashing the same I will let you go look at the stats yourself (Hades Guide). As stated with supernova enhance with an extraordinary and congrats almost no fizzle. As I have also previously stated even enhanced with extraordinary it is still doing more damage than every other collossaled 2 pip spell in the game short of storms. Storm and Fire are never going to get above 90% accuracy using their hades sets while both balance and myth can do so. Loremaster is a -35% accuracy so add that to base storm and fire and that's 35% accuracy and 40% accuracy respectively. Compare that to a base 60% fizzle which apparently fizzles pretty often and who is coming out on top? As for the block once again I'll site the gear guide.
You should visit wizard101central more. The information there is what the game really has. Life has jumped ahead of Balance in the health parade, go look for yourself here:http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Level_Chart
Last time I've checked on Duelist101, every school got the same block rating from their gear, so I don't see why you keep bringing that up. Balance has the exact same block as other schools do. If you haven't noticed, even Ice has almost the same critical rating that Balance does, which is why I said Balance's criticals are blocked easily.

You're right, if you enchant Supernova with Unstoppable, it's almost not going to fizzle ever. Problem? What if the opponent never uses an aura and the Balance wizard has Supernova in his/her hand the entire match? Oh yeah, then the Balance wizard is stuck with drawing one less card than the opponent each turn, great trade-off. But no, other schools can use auras against Balance as well, like I said, Balance wizards don't discard half their decks just to look for Supernova, so they won't always have it. Also, eventually, the Balance wizard is going to discard it thinking you won't use it, which happens to me a lot, and then the opponent uses it and I'm stuck with letting the opponent use auras. That's the oldest trick in the book vs a Balance wizard and it works all the time. Why? Because nobody likes drawing one card less each turn. You won't be able to heal/shield/attack in time, especially when you're desperate for one.

Balance and Myth can get over 90% accuracy, but not over unless they want to sacrifice resist. The crowns boots make you lose around 40 block rating and 7 resist. Not a smart trade-off for most. The hat, you gain 3 accuracy but lose 9 resist for it. Not a good trade-off again. The robe.. I'm not even going to go there. The thing is, Fire and Storm wizards can also use crowns wands, the Swarm Commander's Baton for example for that extra accuracy, making them get 90 or even 100% accuracy. Most Storm wizards use the Blackrain helm and most Fire wizards use their Hades' Crown of Blazes so they're still getting good accuracy.

If you said that you can sacrifice damage enchanting Supernova for accuracy, I'm sure Fire and Storm would just love to do that too, right? No. Nobody likes doing less damage for no accuracy, which is why Balance wizards still damage enchant Supernova. But, if you say that we can Unstoppable enchant it, then okay go ahead and Unstoppable enchant your attack spells, then Loremaster's Black Mantle won't be so much of a problem either. Also, Loremaster isn't casted every single turn, and even if you fizzle, you could cast higher rank spells (Efreet, Storm Lord, other reigning PvP spells), so it isn't much of an issue. Also, pet may casts should shake off Black Mantles pretty often. The often casting auras take off the Black Mantle too, which is another advantage to them.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
That is where we differ in opinion. Balance is not even close to being underpowered at all. It is the top tier school in 1v1 PvP in this current meta. Exactly a fizzle at top level PvP is almost always a gg and thus you do keep unstoppable versions of supernova. How does the potential waste of side deck space even compare to no access to an entire secondary school? Against balance any star spell in both your main deck and side deck cannot be used. If your pet casts it is unlimited...an unlimited way for you to take a humongous amount of damage for 2 pips. Why would people use star spells? Star spells are the premier way to modify your stats. Need more block and stun protection? Conviction, more pierce and accuracy infallible, more critical vengeance. Unlike shadow magic star magic has no drawbacks lasts a turn longer and does not lock you into a particular playstyle. With supernova balance ensures it can modify its own stats while denying the opponent the same opportunity. There is no way to make a may cast aura work better for you since it is completely random and the balance wizard has 4 turns of prerogative to cancel it out. If a balance chooses not to use infallible that's there choice and it comes with no drawbacks. Another school has no choice but to not use infallible and if they do they a lose it and b)take massive dpp.
Like I said before, Supernova isn't unlimited. I've never seen a Balance wizard carry 30 Unstoppable enchanted Supernovas in their deck, and that's a complete waste (Many skilled Balance wizards prefer to keep pre-enchanted Scorpions/emergency heals in their sideboard), so a pet's may cast should eventually start favoring the non-Balance's side in the PvP match. Another thing is, other schools can use auras against Balance wizards. It's easy, use the oldest trick in the book, wait a while until you're sure the Balance wizard discarded Supernova (Often when they use the right card every turn, it's a sign they don't have Supernova in their hand) and then you can use it safely without having to worry about Supernova unless they use Reshuffle. If they do keep Unstoppable enchanted Supernovas in their sideboard, that's a different story. But the thing is, if they choose to keep Supernova in their sideboard, they would be abandoning the chance of drawing an emergency heal or a quick hit if they don't get it in their deck. The Balance wizard would be solely relying on their main deck, which is pretty tough. If they keep it in their main deck, then that's probably going to be Colossal enchanted anyways, and it's highly likely to fizzle, especially with the Black Mantle TC trend going on in the Arena.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
master of the sabe... on Apr 2, 2014 wrote:
I am speaking as a max level Balance wizard, so I know what I'm talking about.
First off, mana burn. Almost completely useless. Let me give you a case scenario. You are facing Ghost Dog, last boss in kh p1. He has full pips and is about to attack. In your haste, you use a mana burn. You think it will stop his attack. WRONG! If mana burn is used at the same time the attack is used, it all goes to waste and the attack proceeds as planned. For 5 pips, i's say that's a pretty big waste.
Next up, supernova. Big problem. Accuracy. I have fifteen accuracy, witch is enough to make most balance spells fizzle- safe. Not mana burn. Even with my 'treasure trove' of accuracy, mana burn fizzles on a regular basis. Sure, it's 2 pips and does decent damage. But most of the time it will fizzle.
Loremaster. A spell I don't even have. honestly, it doesn't do that much damage, and you can just wand through the other drawbacks. Not every balance wizard has it. Seriously, half the sorcerers and sorceresses I know don't even make and effort to farm for it. It is very rare and not craftable.
From what you're telling us, stormninja and others opposing the balance school, I don't even think you've played through the school of balance. Any wizard with common sense would try something before bombarding it with reasons it should be nerfed.
Wolf RavenBreath 95 balance (balance sign still not working for me lol)
Just in case you haven't noticed, we're talking about balance's strength in PVP NOT PVE. What you're telling me is not convincing me that balance is underpowered or shouldn't have op spells like loremaster nerfed.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
IcicleWar on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
You guys are all wrong that consider Balance at the top of the school list in PvP.

Right now, Storm is at the top of the Leaders boards, and is way ahead of any
other school in the game, at level 90+.
Go look at the top 250 players, and count the number of 90+ storm in that group.
Someone just posted the list, and I have confirmed it, Storm is the leader.

No other school even comes close to storm, in PvP.
The next two schools are Fire and Ice, in the rankings.... need I say more.

Balance is doing well, it could be considered a top tier school now.
It does have limitations, far more than any other school, except maybe Life.
1. It's blades can be useless with just a spam of efreet, a -40, Bad juju, etc.
2. It's traps can be taken by any spell.
3. It has no over time or double hit spells.
4. It has no stun spells, or stun spells mixed into their attacks.
5. Loremaster only puts a -20, lucky for Balance it's stackable.
6. Their health has been dropped, and is now behind Life's in most cases.
7. They lost accuracy in the Hades gear, and now have more fizzle.
8. With Mana Burn the player can still use their pips (if second). If first they can use
their pips, and the balance just just lost 5 pips with no damage done.
9. Any player that sees a Balance is not going to put up a local Aura, so
Super nova becomes wasted space in their deck.
10. The have a high cost Aura, at 4 pips it cannot be used and would help
the opponent.
11. The list can go on and on......

Does Balance do well, yes, but by overcomming their limitation, which no
other school has too. People like Nick and Goreman have helped the
Balance Community improve, with constant help and Manuals.

No other school should be complaining on a Balance, expecially schools
like Storm, Ice or Fire.... bottom line.

I have all wizard, except Life, so I don't have much to say on the Life Wizards
except they are darn hard to defeat.
Well there are max balances near the top and the leaderboards isn't completely updated. It does not show any of the max lvl wizards at the top, only lvl 90 and below, so the leaderboards are a poor indication of who is really at the top. I am not yet complaining about balance being op (though they have some op spells), but they are definitely not underpowered.

Hero
Dec 16, 2009
773
PvP King on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
You should visit wizard101central more. The information there is what the game really has. Life has jumped ahead of Balance in the health parade, go look for yourself here:http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Level_Chart
Last time I've checked on Duelist101, every school got the same block rating from their gear, so I don't see why you keep bringing that up. Balance has the exact same block as other schools do. If you haven't noticed, even Ice has almost the same critical rating that Balance does, which is why I said Balance's criticals are blocked easily.

You're right, if you enchant Supernova with Unstoppable, it's almost not going to fizzle ever. Problem? What if the opponent never uses an aura and the Balance wizard has Supernova in his/her hand the entire match? Oh yeah, then the Balance wizard is stuck with drawing one less card than the opponent each turn, great trade-off. But no, other schools can use auras against Balance as well, like I said, Balance wizards don't discard half their decks just to look for Supernova, so they won't always have it. Also, eventually, the Balance wizard is going to discard it thinking you won't use it, which happens to me a lot, and then the opponent uses it and I'm stuck with letting the opponent use auras. That's the oldest trick in the book vs a Balance wizard and it works all the time. Why? Because nobody likes drawing one card less each turn. You won't be able to heal/shield/attack in time, especially when you're desperate for one.

Balance and Myth can get over 90% accuracy, but not over unless they want to sacrifice resist. The crowns boots make you lose around 40 block rating and 7 resist. Not a smart trade-off for most. The hat, you gain 3 accuracy but lose 9 resist for it. Not a good trade-off again. The robe.. I'm not even going to go there. The thing is, Fire and Storm wizards can also use crowns wands, the Swarm Commander's Baton for example for that extra accuracy, making them get 90 or even 100% accuracy. Most Storm wizards use the Blackrain helm and most Fire wizards use their Hades' Crown of Blazes so they're still getting good accuracy.

If you said that you can sacrifice damage enchanting Supernova for accuracy, I'm sure Fire and Storm would just love to do that too, right? No. Nobody likes doing less damage for no accuracy, which is why Balance wizards still damage enchant Supernova. But, if you say that we can Unstoppable enchant it, then okay go ahead and Unstoppable enchant your attack spells, then Loremaster's Black Mantle won't be so much of a problem either. Also, Loremaster isn't casted every single turn, and even if you fizzle, you could cast higher rank spells (Efreet, Storm Lord, other reigning PvP spells), so it isn't much of an issue. Also, pet may casts should shake off Black Mantles pretty often. The often casting auras take off the Black Mantle too, which is another advantage to them.
I should visit central more? That made me laugh(Recent Thread) Thank you for the chart, it is indeed modified and you are right life has jumped ahead of balance. However my original point still stands that myth and fire are nowhere near balances health as you can see from the very same chart. I went ahead and double checked the block on the post and you are correct, the block is the same(The chart and the pictures don't correspond I wonder why). That being said, with a critical rating of over 250 balance is not being blocked easily. If the balance has supernova in his hand the entire time and the opponent never used an aura then you have denied the opponent the use of an entire school for the entirety of the match, a pretty advantageous trade-off. The "oldest trick in the book" frequently does not work especially in todays meta of rapid matches. Every school that has to hold any tc in hand makes the trade-off of one card less in hand not just balance. Everyone in the high level meta with the exception of ice is sacrificing resist. The Blackrain Helm adds no accuracy to storm and Fires Hades adds 4% to fires 75% base which is 79% accuracy. The swarm commanders baton also adds no accuracy so I don't know how those pieces of gear help storm or fire achieve 90-100% accuracy. The thing about enhancing supernova with accuracy and pierce is that it still is doing more damage than any collossaled spell short of storm. Any other unstoppable enhanced spell(besides insane bolt/wildbolt) is doing far less dpp than 2 pip collossaled spells from the other schools. not so with supernova which at base does more damage than most collossaled 2 pip spells. If you fizzle from a loremaster, you lost tempo and often lost the match especially for the lower health schools such as storm and fire. If a pet is mc casting an aura you are taking 5 pips worth of damage and losing that aura for no reason. I think this article states the argument even more clearly(Supernova)

Hero
Dec 16, 2009
773
PvP King on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
Like I said before, Supernova isn't unlimited. I've never seen a Balance wizard carry 30 Unstoppable enchanted Supernovas in their deck, and that's a complete waste (Many skilled Balance wizards prefer to keep pre-enchanted Scorpions/emergency heals in their sideboard), so a pet's may cast should eventually start favoring the non-Balance's side in the PvP match. Another thing is, other schools can use auras against Balance wizards. It's easy, use the oldest trick in the book, wait a while until you're sure the Balance wizard discarded Supernova (Often when they use the right card every turn, it's a sign they don't have Supernova in their hand) and then you can use it safely without having to worry about Supernova unless they use Reshuffle. If they do keep Unstoppable enchanted Supernovas in their sideboard, that's a different story. But the thing is, if they choose to keep Supernova in their sideboard, they would be abandoning the chance of drawing an emergency heal or a quick hit if they don't get it in their deck. The Balance wizard would be solely relying on their main deck, which is pretty tough. If they keep it in their main deck, then that's probably going to be Colossal enchanted anyways, and it's highly likely to fizzle, especially with the Black Mantle TC trend going on in the Arena.
I don't believe anyone stated that supernova is unlimited. However when a single cast of a 2 pip spell deals 1k-2k damage you don't need much to take out an opponent. The wait for your opponent tactic simply does not exist at top lvl ranked PvP. Furthermore as stated you have 4 rounds to search for a supernova in the side or in the main. Choosing to keep supernova in your side is far less constraining than tacit denial of an entire side school.

Explorer
Oct 10, 2010
92
stormninja542 on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
Well there are max balances near the top and the leaderboards isn't completely updated. It does not show any of the max lvl wizards at the top, only lvl 90 and below, so the leaderboards are a poor indication of who is really at the top. I am not yet complaining about balance being op (though they have some op spells), but they are definitely not underpowered.
I took this from a posting a few days ago by someone, and I checked it, it was correct last weekend.

"Just look at the 2 age PvP for storm, they are #1, no question about it.

Storm, 1, 5, 9, 58, 96, 106, 112, 115, 176, 194.

When your Ranked 1, 5, 9, for Level 90 and above, it says something. No other school
can touch this kind of record."

When you have a set of storms that are this clustered together at the top, that are level
90 and above, and no one else is even close to having this many, it says something.

I see Storm as #1, no matter what why you look at it. I don't think that there is a
Level 90 Balance in the top 15, if I remember correctly.

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
77
why does everything revolve around pvp? well I say this, Von does have a point it is Underpowered in in a aspect, she meant in the Overall game not just pvp. Now she does have a point if you finally stacked 3 blades and someone puts a high weakness on you then you lost all those blades. Now Supernova is a pain to face, but its not the end of the world, most enemies will not use aura In PVE, but in PvP yes most players use auras. Shrike isn't that hard to get around so I am not bother by that. So I think its mediocre its not Holy Cow its OP, and its not wow that is so weak that its underpowered. Its leaning to Underpower a little more in my opinion.

"Thoughts are like Snowflakes, Once there they crystallize and grow"

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
PvP King on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
Okay, if you wanna go around calling people starters and acting like the tough guy, I can go there. So you're whining about a spell 3 spells, lol, Supernova, Mana Burn, and Loremaster. 3 spells are stopping you from PvP, and 3 spells are making you have to change your entire deck up? Wow. I never realized how far people could go to make excuses for losing.

I said you can use Tower Shield, Black Mantle, Infection, and every spell against a Balance wizard while being able to use them against every other school in the game. Balance doesn't heal differently, and any person with common sense in PvP knows to keep some small hits in his deck. If not, by all means go ahead and try for that one hit kill, it's never going to happen at high ranks of PvP unless you're a Jade. Anyways, if these spells are used against all schools, which they are, then I don't see the change you have to make in your deck. Oh no you have to take out auras? Oh wait, you have blades and Balance doesn't.. Did you ever take your time to notice that? Or are you too stubborn to even look at the realities in PvP. Auras replace Balance's incapability of blade stacking, while other schools can, and it makes makes Supernova completely fair.

The average Warlord in the Arena also uses Empower in PvP, I would know this because I'm not a "starter" like you think everybody else is. If you're too stubborn to not use Empower to help you in PvP matches, not my problem. You're the one limiting yourself. Don't wanna change your deck? Don't wanna use Empower? Wanting to have every possible advantage against Balance? Wanting all your matches to be as easy as 1-2-3? No, that's not what PvP is, and if you can't take a little work to becoming good at PvP then simply don't PvP at all, there's way more other things you can do in the game.
It also seems to me that you are so ignorant to not know how much spells can change the game. People can complain about ONE spell from a school and call that school op because of it, so why do 3 op spells not make it unfair? In case you're pvp reasoning is off (which I believe is) people don't LOAD low pip spells in their deck. Mana burn spammers prevent you from building pips and force you to use pretty much ALL low pip spells which everyone doesn't load up on as you assume. Balance does have blades and I can easily tell you to load up on cleanse charm and pierce just as you told me to load up on empower. But you would probably say I don't feel like it or I don't have enough room in my deck just as I could for empower. If you're too stubborn to use cleanse charm to remove those weaknesses and pierce to remove those shields then that's not my problem. Most balances just attack through the shields and weaknesses and still hit hard due to balance's new op spells. You're only allowing yourself not to be able to use blades to your advantage. I am NOT asking for balance to be super easy as they already difficult enough. They DO have op spells and you know it but don't want to admit it. Balance used to be underpowered but not anymore so deal with the change. They're nearly op and if not they are op.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
IcicleWar on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
I took this from a posting a few days ago by someone, and I checked it, it was correct last weekend.

"Just look at the 2 age PvP for storm, they are #1, no question about it.

Storm, 1, 5, 9, 58, 96, 106, 112, 115, 176, 194.

When your Ranked 1, 5, 9, for Level 90 and above, it says something. No other school
can touch this kind of record."

When you have a set of storms that are this clustered together at the top, that are level
90 and above, and no one else is even close to having this many, it says something.

I see Storm as #1, no matter what why you look at it. I don't think that there is a
Level 90 Balance in the top 15, if I remember correctly.
Correction, 90 ONLY because, like I said before, the leaderboards does not show those lvl 91-95. Most people aren't at lvl 90 anymore but at lvl 95 so, like I said before, the leaderboards are a poor indication of which top lvl wizards are the highest. Just stop using the leaderboards as an indication of who is op and underpowered until KI includes the max levels on the leaderboards. I am not saying storm isn't op because I feel they are. All I am saying is not to use the leaderboards and read would I have to say because if you had you would not continue to use the leaderboards.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
I should visit central more? That made me laugh(Recent Thread) Thank you for the chart, it is indeed modified and you are right life has jumped ahead of balance. However my original point still stands that myth and fire are nowhere near balances health as you can see from the very same chart. I went ahead and double checked the block on the post and you are correct, the block is the same(The chart and the pictures don't correspond I wonder why). That being said, with a critical rating of over 250 balance is not being blocked easily. If the balance has supernova in his hand the entire time and the opponent never used an aura then you have denied the opponent the use of an entire school for the entirety of the match, a pretty advantageous trade-off. The "oldest trick in the book" frequently does not work especially in todays meta of rapid matches. Every school that has to hold any tc in hand makes the trade-off of one card less in hand not just balance. Everyone in the high level meta with the exception of ice is sacrificing resist. The Blackrain Helm adds no accuracy to storm and Fires Hades adds 4% to fires 75% base which is 79% accuracy. The swarm commanders baton also adds no accuracy so I don't know how those pieces of gear help storm or fire achieve 90-100% accuracy. The thing about enhancing supernova with accuracy and pierce is that it still is doing more damage than any collossaled spell short of storm. Any other unstoppable enhanced spell(besides insane bolt/wildbolt) is doing far less dpp than 2 pip collossaled spells from the other schools. not so with supernova which at base does more damage than most collossaled 2 pip spells. If you fizzle from a loremaster, you lost tempo and often lost the match especially for the lower health schools such as storm and fire. If a pet is mc casting an aura you are taking 5 pips worth of damage and losing that aura for no reason. I think this article states the argument even more clearly(Supernova)
Myth and Fire don't need as much health as Balance for many reasons. One, their spells deal a lot more damage per pip (Excluding Supernova and Loremaster, but their high pip spells are usually game winners), two they can blade stack a lot better than Balance can, three because they have 70% shields for free, and four because their resist is slightly higher than the other schools except Ice. Balance has less damage per pip from their higher rank spells, forcing them to use a strategy where they have to use small spells such as Loremaster or Scorpion. Fire and Myth however, can use both small spells and big spells, but their bigger spells have often game changing effects.

Like I said before, just because they can't use auras it doesn't mean it's the end of the world for them. Balance's "blade" is Infallible, while other school's blades are actually blades. Also, the other schools still have global spells that usually let them take advantage of the match, and don't even bring up Power Play, it's just about the most useless spell in the entire game, for all forms of PvP and PvE.

If you fizzle a Loremaster, you won't exactly "lose your tempo". One fizzle can be a game ending consequence, I have to admit, but unlike Balance, if the others schools fizzle, they can use their higher rank spell which does a whole lot more damage than using a spell of half its pips twice. For Balance, Spectral Blast does almost as much as Ra, 2 Savage Paws do as much as Sabertooth, 2 Spectral Blasts/Loremasters do as much as Chimera, etc. However for Myth and Fire, Sun Serpent/Celestial Calendar do more than 2 Phoenixes/Minotaurs, so for them, a fizzle isn't always what calls the gg. Even then, the pet could shake off the Black Mantle with a pet heal or something (Because Loremaster deals damage, puts a Weakness, and puts a Black Mantle, pets usually cast after those 3 things) so the Black Mantle is almost never a problem, and even then, it's only -35%, so the chance of the spell working is still pretty high, and Loremaster isn't used 24/7 in a PvP match, so then again the other schools hardly have a fizzle chance against a Balance wizard. Even if the schools don't get accuracy from their Hades Gear, they can get (School name)-Sniper, which gives 9-10% accuracy to the school, which is honestly great. With the crafted boots, that's 13-14%, so Fire only has a 16-17% chance of fizzling (Roughly the same as Balance and Death), and Myth has only a 7-8% chance of fizzling, roughly Life's accuracy.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
81
stormninja542 on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
Just in case you haven't noticed, we're talking about balance's strength in PVP NOT PVE. What you're telling me is not convincing me that balance is underpowered or shouldn't have op spells like loremaster nerfed.
Wow. I just went through Mana burn, Loremaster and Supernova, and explained why they are underpowered. for your convenience, I have copy/pasted my previous post here:
I am speaking as a max level Balance wizard, so I know what I'm talking about.
First off, mana burn. Almost completely useless. Let me give you a case scenario. You are facing Ghost Dog, last boss in kh p1. He has full pips and is about to attack. In your haste, you use a mana burn. You think it will stop his attack. WRONG! If mana burn is used at the same time the attack is used, it all goes to waste and the attack proceeds as planned. For 5 pips, i's say that's a pretty big waste.
Next up, supernova. Big problem. Accuracy. I have fifteen accuracy, witch is enough to make most balance spells fizzle- safe. Not mana burn. Even with my 'treasure trove' of accuracy, mana burn fizzles on a regular basis. Sure, it's 2 pips and does decent damage. But most of the time it will fizzle.
Loremaster. A spell I don't even have. honestly, it doesn't do that much damage, and you can just wand through the other drawbacks. Not every balance wizard has it. Seriously, half the sorcerers and sorceresses I know don't even make and effort to farm for it. It is very rare and not craftable.
From what you're telling us, stormninja and others opposing the balance school, I don't even think you've played through the school of balance. Any wizard with common sense would try something before bombarding it with reasons it should be nerfed.
Wolf RavenBreath 95 balance (balance sign still not working for me lol)

So there. You say I'm not convincing you balance is underpowered? Not valid. You tell me your not convincing me balance shouldn't have op spells nerfed? There are no op spells to nerf. If you are having trouble understanding the obvious, refer to my previous post. Happy? I hope so. Because there is really nothing else I can do. And if you still don't understand me, refer to PvP King. He knows what he's talking about.
Wolf RavenBreath 95 balance

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
stormninja542 on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
It also seems to me that you are so ignorant to not know how much spells can change the game. People can complain about ONE spell from a school and call that school op because of it, so why do 3 op spells not make it unfair? In case you're pvp reasoning is off (which I believe is) people don't LOAD low pip spells in their deck. Mana burn spammers prevent you from building pips and force you to use pretty much ALL low pip spells which everyone doesn't load up on as you assume. Balance does have blades and I can easily tell you to load up on cleanse charm and pierce just as you told me to load up on empower. But you would probably say I don't feel like it or I don't have enough room in my deck just as I could for empower. If you're too stubborn to use cleanse charm to remove those weaknesses and pierce to remove those shields then that's not my problem. Most balances just attack through the shields and weaknesses and still hit hard due to balance's new op spells. You're only allowing yourself not to be able to use blades to your advantage. I am NOT asking for balance to be super easy as they already difficult enough. They DO have op spells and you know it but don't want to admit it. Balance used to be underpowered but not anymore so deal with the change. They're nearly op and if not they are op.
"Mana Burn spammers", man, this is becoming my favorite word. Spamming Mana Burn? I've never seen it happen, no matter what ranks I've done PvP at. Private, Corporal, Sergeant, Veteran, Knight, Captain, Commander, Warlord, Overlord, I just haven't seen it. For some strange reason apparently, I never see Balance wizards gaining 5 pips per turn. Hmm, I wonder why...

I'm 100% sure that all wizards carry small attack spells, even Jades and you don't know it. Jades, the pip stackers, use small spells to weaken the opponent, dispel the opponent, change the bubble, heal, kill of minions, shake off Weaknesses, remove blades from opponents, remove opponents' shields. There's absolutely nobody that doesn't have low pip spells in their deck. In PvP, you're always doing something. Most of the time that "something" costs pips (Weakening your opponent with small attacks, healing, using global spells, casting minions, etc). Balance makes you play a better strategy, and to be honest, you're going to be at your best vs a Balance wizard. Why? Because their spells force you to make the right move. Mana Burn forces you to do something with your pips, either casting minions, attacking, or whatever. If you don't use any small spells in your deck, then you might want to revise it. Even then, Mana Burn is too risky from second and Judgement would be doing far more damage per pip from first than Mana Burn ever could.

I don't use Pierce because I already have Shatter, but I do use Cleanse Charm. If I have a 90% Weakness on me from Efreet or Bad Juju, I want to take it off. So in reality, I already keep those spells in my deck. (Efreet forced wizards to change wands just as bad as Mana Burn forced wizards to use small attacks, if you had your own school wand with great stats, you'd have to change to a lower stat wand with a different school attack just to save your blades, Fire is a lot more "overpowered" than Balance is)

I don't exactly need Pierce to remove shields, and making a Balance wizard take like 50 turns to blade is the worst move ever. Unlike Balance, other schools can keep their blades and attack right after they wand off whatever was on them, but for Balance, they have to use 2 spells just to take something off. Wow, great way to say Balance has blades. I'm totally going to say Balance is overpowered now.

Balance still isn't overpowered or caught up with the other schools yet. Okay, we have health, decent damage, 3 great spells, but that doesn't mean we're perfect. 2 of those 3 great spells are situational, making Balance only have one great spell they can use whenever they want. Other schools, however, have 3+ great spells that aren't situational and have at least 2 others that are. So that leaves Balance with Loremaster, one great spell. It doesn't win you anything, it doesn't fully defend you, it doesn't heal you, it doesn't make your opponent struggle just to take your health down. It's like Power Nova, but for 1v1.

Hero
Dec 16, 2009
773
PvP King on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
Myth and Fire don't need as much health as Balance for many reasons. One, their spells deal a lot more damage per pip (Excluding Supernova and Loremaster, but their high pip spells are usually game winners), two they can blade stack a lot better than Balance can, three because they have 70% shields for free, and four because their resist is slightly higher than the other schools except Ice. Balance has less damage per pip from their higher rank spells, forcing them to use a strategy where they have to use small spells such as Loremaster or Scorpion. Fire and Myth however, can use both small spells and big spells, but their bigger spells have often game changing effects.

Like I said before, just because they can't use auras it doesn't mean it's the end of the world for them. Balance's "blade" is Infallible, while other school's blades are actually blades. Also, the other schools still have global spells that usually let them take advantage of the match, and don't even bring up Power Play, it's just about the most useless spell in the entire game, for all forms of PvP and PvE.

If you fizzle a Loremaster, you won't exactly "lose your tempo". One fizzle can be a game ending consequence, I have to admit, but unlike Balance, if the others schools fizzle, they can use their higher rank spell which does a whole lot more damage than using a spell of half its pips twice. For Balance, Spectral Blast does almost as much as Ra, 2 Savage Paws do as much as Sabertooth, 2 Spectral Blasts/Loremasters do as much as Chimera, etc. However for Myth and Fire, Sun Serpent/Celestial Calendar do more than 2 Phoenixes/Minotaurs, so for them, a fizzle isn't always what calls the gg. Even then, the pet could shake off the Black Mantle with a pet heal or something (Because Loremaster deals damage, puts a Weakness, and puts a Black Mantle, pets usually cast after those 3 things) so the Black Mantle is almost never a problem, and even then, it's only -35%, so the chance of the spell working is still pretty high, and Loremaster isn't used 24/7 in a PvP match, so then again the other schools hardly have a fizzle chance against a Balance wizard. Even if the schools don't get accuracy from their Hades Gear, they can get (School name)-Sniper, which gives 9-10% accuracy to the school, which is honestly great. With the crafted boots, that's 13-14%, so Fire only has a 16-17% chance of fizzling (Roughly the same as Balance and Death), and Myth has only a 7-8% chance of fizzling, roughly Life's accuracy.
I never said myth and Fire needed as much health that is obvious. What I did say was that they do not have as much health as balance which is also obvious. Fire and myths resist are higher? Using which gear? Blade stack is almost a completely extinct strategy from high level PvP nowadays and if a myth and fire is bladestacking towards a bigger hit they are leaving themselves wide open to a manaburn. Infallible isn't your blade, your blade is your blade. Those schools have 70% shields from 2 schools for free balance has 50%(20% less than 70%) to 6 schools for free. Balance can defend from both fire and myth for 0 pips for free while fire and myth cannot defend from balance for zero pips for free. I don't mind balance using small pip attacks, you seem to be confused about my argument. I am not arguing that balance is overpowered, I am arguing that it is top tier and not underpowered. A fizzle at top level meta leads to a gg because a) they leave themselves open to more damage(damage they can't sustain with their lower health). Pet heals can indeed shake off the mantles but with the recent pet nerf heals are far less effective than they were. The only trigger for pet heals is damage, not weakness or mantle. What is 75-35, 80-35? Pretty high chances? Pet talents are available to all schools and guess who's coming out on top if both schools had pets with their sniper talent? Storm becomes 79%, Fire becomes 84%, Myth becomes 89% and Balance becomes 94%

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
master of the sabe... on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
Wow. I just went through Mana burn, Loremaster and Supernova, and explained why they are underpowered. for your convenience, I have copy/pasted my previous post here:
I am speaking as a max level Balance wizard, so I know what I'm talking about.
First off, mana burn. Almost completely useless. Let me give you a case scenario. You are facing Ghost Dog, last boss in kh p1. He has full pips and is about to attack. In your haste, you use a mana burn. You think it will stop his attack. WRONG! If mana burn is used at the same time the attack is used, it all goes to waste and the attack proceeds as planned. For 5 pips, i's say that's a pretty big waste.
Next up, supernova. Big problem. Accuracy. I have fifteen accuracy, witch is enough to make most balance spells fizzle- safe. Not mana burn. Even with my 'treasure trove' of accuracy, mana burn fizzles on a regular basis. Sure, it's 2 pips and does decent damage. But most of the time it will fizzle.
Loremaster. A spell I don't even have. honestly, it doesn't do that much damage, and you can just wand through the other drawbacks. Not every balance wizard has it. Seriously, half the sorcerers and sorceresses I know don't even make and effort to farm for it. It is very rare and not craftable.
From what you're telling us, stormninja and others opposing the balance school, I don't even think you've played through the school of balance. Any wizard with common sense would try something before bombarding it with reasons it should be nerfed.
Wolf RavenBreath 95 balance (balance sign still not working for me lol)

So there. You say I'm not convincing you balance is underpowered? Not valid. You tell me your not convincing me balance shouldn't have op spells nerfed? There are no op spells to nerf. If you are having trouble understanding the obvious, refer to my previous post. Happy? I hope so. Because there is really nothing else I can do. And if you still don't understand me, refer to PvP King. He knows what he's talking about.
Wolf RavenBreath 95 balance
What part of "this is about pvp" don't you understand? Balance's rarely use supernova and mana burn in pve because they are weak in pve just as the other avalon spells are. But, in PVP they're a bit op. Whether you have loremaster or not doesn't change the fact that it's op. Loremaster does a lot of damage for its pip cost and school AND puts a accuracy debuff and weakness on the target. If you don't pvp then don't post on the pvp message boards about what is op and underpowered because you are clearly clueless. When did I ever ask for the spells to be nerfed? I never did, so stop taking words out of my mouth. Most of the other loremaster and crafting spells schools but balance get aren't nearly as good as balance's. I am not going to "refer to pvp king" because he and I have totally different views about balance and half the stuff he tells me is nonsense.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
master of the sabe... on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
Wow. I just went through Mana burn, Loremaster and Supernova, and explained why they are underpowered. for your convenience, I have copy/pasted my previous post here:
I am speaking as a max level Balance wizard, so I know what I'm talking about.
First off, mana burn. Almost completely useless. Let me give you a case scenario. You are facing Ghost Dog, last boss in kh p1. He has full pips and is about to attack. In your haste, you use a mana burn. You think it will stop his attack. WRONG! If mana burn is used at the same time the attack is used, it all goes to waste and the attack proceeds as planned. For 5 pips, i's say that's a pretty big waste.
Next up, supernova. Big problem. Accuracy. I have fifteen accuracy, witch is enough to make most balance spells fizzle- safe. Not mana burn. Even with my 'treasure trove' of accuracy, mana burn fizzles on a regular basis. Sure, it's 2 pips and does decent damage. But most of the time it will fizzle.
Loremaster. A spell I don't even have. honestly, it doesn't do that much damage, and you can just wand through the other drawbacks. Not every balance wizard has it. Seriously, half the sorcerers and sorceresses I know don't even make and effort to farm for it. It is very rare and not craftable.
From what you're telling us, stormninja and others opposing the balance school, I don't even think you've played through the school of balance. Any wizard with common sense would try something before bombarding it with reasons it should be nerfed.
Wolf RavenBreath 95 balance (balance sign still not working for me lol)

So there. You say I'm not convincing you balance is underpowered? Not valid. You tell me your not convincing me balance shouldn't have op spells nerfed? There are no op spells to nerf. If you are having trouble understanding the obvious, refer to my previous post. Happy? I hope so. Because there is really nothing else I can do. And if you still don't understand me, refer to PvP King. He knows what he's talking about.
Wolf RavenBreath 95 balance
First off, your first example is completely invalid. Ghost Dog is a PVE situation, not pvp, as this post is at least mostly about. If you attacked him first, you would do a lot of damage, thus not wasting those 5 pips, even if Ghost Dog did use his attack. Second, mana burn can lock opponents out of high pip spells if used correctly, and even if you don't spam it, you can make your opponent fear that you will if they save up pips, forcing them to attack quickly. Supernova is an amazing spell. Great damage and completely destroys an astral school-no other school has that advantage. Enchant it with an accuracy enchant, and you have armor piercing and pretty good accuracy. Finally, loremaster. Quite a bit of damage. 2 side effects. I don't understand how anyone can possibly think that loremaster is underpowered, or even balanced. And for your information, I have 2 balances. One level 18, I went from private to warlord with no losses on him. My other is level 50, 2358 rating. I think that this shows that I at least know what I'm talking about when it comes to balance..

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
master of the sabe... on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
Wow. I just went through Mana burn, Loremaster and Supernova, and explained why they are underpowered. for your convenience, I have copy/pasted my previous post here:
I am speaking as a max level Balance wizard, so I know what I'm talking about.
First off, mana burn. Almost completely useless. Let me give you a case scenario. You are facing Ghost Dog, last boss in kh p1. He has full pips and is about to attack. In your haste, you use a mana burn. You think it will stop his attack. WRONG! If mana burn is used at the same time the attack is used, it all goes to waste and the attack proceeds as planned. For 5 pips, i's say that's a pretty big waste.
Next up, supernova. Big problem. Accuracy. I have fifteen accuracy, witch is enough to make most balance spells fizzle- safe. Not mana burn. Even with my 'treasure trove' of accuracy, mana burn fizzles on a regular basis. Sure, it's 2 pips and does decent damage. But most of the time it will fizzle.
Loremaster. A spell I don't even have. honestly, it doesn't do that much damage, and you can just wand through the other drawbacks. Not every balance wizard has it. Seriously, half the sorcerers and sorceresses I know don't even make and effort to farm for it. It is very rare and not craftable.
From what you're telling us, stormninja and others opposing the balance school, I don't even think you've played through the school of balance. Any wizard with common sense would try something before bombarding it with reasons it should be nerfed.
Wolf RavenBreath 95 balance (balance sign still not working for me lol)

So there. You say I'm not convincing you balance is underpowered? Not valid. You tell me your not convincing me balance shouldn't have op spells nerfed? There are no op spells to nerf. If you are having trouble understanding the obvious, refer to my previous post. Happy? I hope so. Because there is really nothing else I can do. And if you still don't understand me, refer to PvP King. He knows what he's talking about.
Wolf RavenBreath 95 balance
Oh yea and you start talking about supernova and its accuracy problem (though it can easily be enchanted with extraordinary and unstoppable) then you start talking about mana burn lol. Getting me confused because I know mana burn and supernova aren't the same spell. With 15% accuracy, mana burn NEVER fizzles unless you have an accuracy debuff on you which happens to EVERYONE who has 100% accuracy and fizzles due to a black mantle, smokescreen, etc.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
master of the sabe... on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
Wow. I just went through Mana burn, Loremaster and Supernova, and explained why they are underpowered. for your convenience, I have copy/pasted my previous post here:
I am speaking as a max level Balance wizard, so I know what I'm talking about.
First off, mana burn. Almost completely useless. Let me give you a case scenario. You are facing Ghost Dog, last boss in kh p1. He has full pips and is about to attack. In your haste, you use a mana burn. You think it will stop his attack. WRONG! If mana burn is used at the same time the attack is used, it all goes to waste and the attack proceeds as planned. For 5 pips, i's say that's a pretty big waste.
Next up, supernova. Big problem. Accuracy. I have fifteen accuracy, witch is enough to make most balance spells fizzle- safe. Not mana burn. Even with my 'treasure trove' of accuracy, mana burn fizzles on a regular basis. Sure, it's 2 pips and does decent damage. But most of the time it will fizzle.
Loremaster. A spell I don't even have. honestly, it doesn't do that much damage, and you can just wand through the other drawbacks. Not every balance wizard has it. Seriously, half the sorcerers and sorceresses I know don't even make and effort to farm for it. It is very rare and not craftable.
From what you're telling us, stormninja and others opposing the balance school, I don't even think you've played through the school of balance. Any wizard with common sense would try something before bombarding it with reasons it should be nerfed.
Wolf RavenBreath 95 balance (balance sign still not working for me lol)

So there. You say I'm not convincing you balance is underpowered? Not valid. You tell me your not convincing me balance shouldn't have op spells nerfed? There are no op spells to nerf. If you are having trouble understanding the obvious, refer to my previous post. Happy? I hope so. Because there is really nothing else I can do. And if you still don't understand me, refer to PvP King. He knows what he's talking about.
Wolf RavenBreath 95 balance
Also, I don't care if you "went through mana burn, loremaster, and supernova and explained why they are underpowered." I don't care if you are a balance speaking from "experience." Supernova pretty much prevents and scares your opponent into not using their auras in pvp. Mana burn prevents your opponent from building pips if the balance is a mana burn spammer. Loremaster does more damage (excluding storm) and its special effects are better than the 4-pip spells of the other schools. Though loremaster does less damage than kracken, it's special effects make it a better spell overall than kracken. Since, for the second time now, you have given me a scenario in PVE about how the spells are useless not only convinces me that they are still op in PVP, but also convinces me that you have no clue what so ever as to what happens when someone vs a max lvl balance.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
I never said myth and Fire needed as much health that is obvious. What I did say was that they do not have as much health as balance which is also obvious. Fire and myths resist are higher? Using which gear? Blade stack is almost a completely extinct strategy from high level PvP nowadays and if a myth and fire is bladestacking towards a bigger hit they are leaving themselves wide open to a manaburn. Infallible isn't your blade, your blade is your blade. Those schools have 70% shields from 2 schools for free balance has 50%(20% less than 70%) to 6 schools for free. Balance can defend from both fire and myth for 0 pips for free while fire and myth cannot defend from balance for zero pips for free. I don't mind balance using small pip attacks, you seem to be confused about my argument. I am not arguing that balance is overpowered, I am arguing that it is top tier and not underpowered. A fizzle at top level meta leads to a gg because a) they leave themselves open to more damage(damage they can't sustain with their lower health). Pet heals can indeed shake off the mantles but with the recent pet nerf heals are far less effective than they were. The only trigger for pet heals is damage, not weakness or mantle. What is 75-35, 80-35? Pretty high chances? Pet talents are available to all schools and guess who's coming out on top if both schools had pets with their sniper talent? Storm becomes 79%, Fire becomes 84%, Myth becomes 89% and Balance becomes 94%
Helm of the Unknown Tartarus (Myth) gives 11% resist, which is 2% more than the average schools, and only 1% less than Ice. The robes however, do give 12% resist to all schools, but if the wizard chooses to use the Teeth of the Lord's Night and the Hades boots, Myth would be 3% resist ahead of everybody and Fire would be 1%. Again, I said their resist is slightly higher, but it does count. Also, the Waterworks gear, just in case the wizards didn't have Hades, give Fire and Myth more resist than Balance, giving them another slight resist advantage. The other thing to add to it, is that Fire gets more armor piercing than Balance if they choose the Hades offensive set, which most do, and the resist separation is yet again wider. When Aquila didn't come out, Balance, Life and Death had to sacrifice massive amounts of power pip chance (Dropped to approximately 68%), lost damage, gained a little bit of accuracy, for critical. They didn't complain about it. Power pip chance was the stat that kept Balance Life and Death in line with the other schools (As you can tell, their best spells usually have an even number of pips and the ones with odd numbers are hardly used) and they left it for some critical rating and accuracy. For the other schools, they had to sacrifice almost nothing, and their stats actually went up. I don't see the difference between Balance, Life and Death sacrificing their favorite stat for accuracy and for Fire, Storm, Myth and Ice sacrificing some accuracy for great power pip chance. You can't have everything, and if you don't like the thought of dropping accuracy for power pip chance then stick with crafted gear. The only thing you lose is critical and armor piercing, 2 stats you can make up for easily (Especially with the next update coming up).

Even though Fairy Friend's cast rate got lowered, I still see it casting more than Spritely and Unicorn combined. Even when it does heal, which it does a lot, it heals for at least 700 for most people. Better than Spritely, Unicorn, or any other healing talent.

Your theory on it casting only from damage is incorrect. I've used Infection hundreds of times just for the pet to take it off the turn I casted it.

I mentioned the Sniper talent for a reason. Balance, Life and Death don't need accuracy. However, the other schools do. There's a difference between school pets you know, Storms usually going for offensive pets, Fire Death Balance and Myth staying in between, and Ice and Life going for defensive/healing pets (sometimes Balance too). You could easily sacrifice a talent you don't need for (school name)-sniper, and don't go saying "why should I get a pet talent for accuracy and Balance shouldn't?". Because Balance is a different school and needs different talents. Balance wizards usually need immediate healing talents on their pets such as Fairy Friend or Unicorn because Availing Hands doesn't heal perfect right away.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
81
stormninja542 on Apr 6, 2014 wrote:
Also, I don't care if you "went through mana burn, loremaster, and supernova and explained why they are underpowered." I don't care if you are a balance speaking from "experience." Supernova pretty much prevents and scares your opponent into not using their auras in pvp. Mana burn prevents your opponent from building pips if the balance is a mana burn spammer. Loremaster does more damage (excluding storm) and its special effects are better than the 4-pip spells of the other schools. Though loremaster does less damage than kracken, it's special effects make it a better spell overall than kracken. Since, for the second time now, you have given me a scenario in PVE about how the spells are useless not only convinces me that they are still op in PVP, but also convinces me that you have no clue what so ever as to what happens when someone vs a max lvl balance.
You don't care? Isn't that the whole reason of this post? If you don't understand the premise of a post, don't post. Again, mana burn doesn't even stop you're opponent from attacking if the attack is placed on the same turn. I never use mana burns in pvp. never. Again, go back to accuracy, and if you think about it, supernova is barely worth it. Your forgetting that mana burn costs 5 pips itself. It is virtually a loss for the spammer if they choose to spam mana burn. Eventually they will realize they can attack at the same turn as mana burn and still do damage. "Loremaster" needs to be farmed. Not crafted. Farmed. For hours. Days. Weeks. Maybe even months. Kraken can be easily bought with training points. Idk about you, but i'm not comfortable spending weeks farming for a 4-pip spell. If you're so bummed about spamming loremaster, farm for it yourself. Don't go complaining and whining to other player why it should be nerfed. Just get it yourself. Again, apparently you are comfortable with spending countless hours farming for a spell. Excuse me, but in your next post give me your definition for PvE. Again, if you cannot accept the fact that balance is totally underpowered, just quit the game while you're at it. I am a level 95 balance wizard, and I can prove it. Would you like a screen shot? pretty easy.
Btw you still haven't answered my question: have you played through at least a little of the balance school? I'm doubting it.
Wolf RavenBreath 95 balance

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
81
Aaron SpellThief on Apr 6, 2014 wrote:
First off, your first example is completely invalid. Ghost Dog is a PVE situation, not pvp, as this post is at least mostly about. If you attacked him first, you would do a lot of damage, thus not wasting those 5 pips, even if Ghost Dog did use his attack. Second, mana burn can lock opponents out of high pip spells if used correctly, and even if you don't spam it, you can make your opponent fear that you will if they save up pips, forcing them to attack quickly. Supernova is an amazing spell. Great damage and completely destroys an astral school-no other school has that advantage. Enchant it with an accuracy enchant, and you have armor piercing and pretty good accuracy. Finally, loremaster. Quite a bit of damage. 2 side effects. I don't understand how anyone can possibly think that loremaster is underpowered, or even balanced. And for your information, I have 2 balances. One level 18, I went from private to warlord with no losses on him. My other is level 50, 2358 rating. I think that this shows that I at least know what I'm talking about when it comes to balance..
Re-read your facts. Mana burn is about taking away pips, the damage is just a nice bonus. Btw, just making sure you know, not every battle is against balance. But when you do go against balance, you can tower shield, stun, use tc, whatever you like. If you can't counter, that's you're problem. People aren't going to use a bunch of training points just to enchant a 2 pip spell. Also, the highest accuracy enchant offers 25%, only enough to give supernova 85% accuracy, still only so-so accuracy. Loremaster, as I stated, is only variable and requires days of work. Your 2 "balances" aren't even high enough level to get most of these spells. So yeah, no experience with these spells. You thought wrong.
Wolf RavenBreath 95 balance

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
81
stormninja542 on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
What part of "this is about pvp" don't you understand? Balance's rarely use supernova and mana burn in pve because they are weak in pve just as the other avalon spells are. But, in PVP they're a bit op. Whether you have loremaster or not doesn't change the fact that it's op. Loremaster does a lot of damage for its pip cost and school AND puts a accuracy debuff and weakness on the target. If you don't pvp then don't post on the pvp message boards about what is op and underpowered because you are clearly clueless. When did I ever ask for the spells to be nerfed? I never did, so stop taking words out of my mouth. Most of the other loremaster and crafting spells schools but balance get aren't nearly as good as balance's. I am not going to "refer to pvp king" because he and I have totally different views about balance and half the stuff he tells me is nonsense.
I never stated I was talking about pvp. The title is Balance, Overpowered or Underpowered. If I am wrong, don't blame me, but blame the title. I do pvp. I have experience with spammers. But I beat them. I shield then attack (not with lore btw). Clueless? Lol. I'm wondering if you even have a wizard even close to 95. Don't like these spells? Do magus or low lvl pvp. Again, simple solution. Ok, so state a solution. If you don't have a solution, don't complain. Go whine to someone else for a change. Loremaster isn't a craftable spell, lol didn't I just say that? PvP King has far more experience than you. Just look at his join date. 2010. Your join date? 2011. That says it all. Refer to him in the first place because his view is the same as mine, and he hits the main points more than me.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
81
stormninja542 on Apr 6, 2014 wrote:
Oh yea and you start talking about supernova and its accuracy problem (though it can easily be enchanted with extraordinary and unstoppable) then you start talking about mana burn lol. Getting me confused because I know mana burn and supernova aren't the same spell. With 15% accuracy, mana burn NEVER fizzles unless you have an accuracy debuff on you which happens to EVERYONE who has 100% accuracy and fizzles due to a black mantle, smokescreen, etc.
Lol, do you even read my posts? I never said that mana burn is the same as supernova. Btw nobody is going to spend all those training points on one 2 pip spell that will only amount to 85% percent when the highest enchant is used. Lol, going through all that just for mana burn and supernova gave me a good chuckle.