Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

balance is overpowered

AuthorMessage
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
As a 40-something father with two teens, I'd have to respectfully disagree with you on this one Dr Von. My kids have far less free time than me or my wife due to school and homework and other commitments. They have very little time to play games outside of weekends and school breaks. It's a bit harsh to lump them all into some little stereotype that you have decided on. You know, there are such things as working teens too. Some even work and pay for this game themselves. Don't be so hard on the kids, it's their job to go to school, which if you look back to your own memory you'll likely agree was a pretty stressful job in itself.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
175
I just read this entire post and am kinda in shock.

I didn't see this when it was created and everyone was posting so heavily.

While I do agree has SOME spells that are off the charts overpowered

Sorry if I mixed up spells

I never understood why Supernova and Manaburn were created at the same time some of the trash the other schools got.

Easily the best Avalon Spells in my opinion.

I think this is all true and obvious that loremaster and such are overpowered for a 4 pip spell, and manaburn for 5 and powernova for 2.

What I DIDN'T LIKE was how everybody starting quoting EVERY little thing Dr. Von had to say and rip it apart piece by piece.

She has a different opinion. I don't agree with Von, but I think she knows the game well enough to have her own legitimate opinion on the school. She's clearly an adult who works and has a lot of other priorities in life to take care of but still finds the time to regularly try and help people on here.

It's not like she created the spells Manaburn and SuperNova. If she did, then I'd understand.

I too think some spells are overpowered, but Von's opinion is they aren't.

The lazy comment was out of line as well. How the heckhound do any of you know her priorities?

How many people can say they have played all schools up to Level 30 in every aspect (see Von I do read your posts lol)?

If you think she's wrong debate with facts from the game to support.

60% weakness on Nova doesn't = 500 or so damage and destroying an aura to me like people said it can be enchanted. The low accuracy isn't big enough drawback to me for the effect and pip cost.
I do agree with Von on the major weakness of and that you can't save blades from a weakness (without cleanse charm treasure card) I think this is why I haven't made my out of Marleybone yet lol.

Please stop PERSONALLY attacking one of the more respected and read post authors.

I enjoy her contributions and differences in opinion.

Thank you

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
ViciousVenomousVix... on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
I just read this entire post and am kinda in shock.

I didn't see this when it was created and everyone was posting so heavily.

While I do agree has SOME spells that are off the charts overpowered

Sorry if I mixed up spells

I never understood why Supernova and Manaburn were created at the same time some of the trash the other schools got.

Easily the best Avalon Spells in my opinion.

I think this is all true and obvious that loremaster and such are overpowered for a 4 pip spell, and manaburn for 5 and powernova for 2.

What I DIDN'T LIKE was how everybody starting quoting EVERY little thing Dr. Von had to say and rip it apart piece by piece.

She has a different opinion. I don't agree with Von, but I think she knows the game well enough to have her own legitimate opinion on the school. She's clearly an adult who works and has a lot of other priorities in life to take care of but still finds the time to regularly try and help people on here.

It's not like she created the spells Manaburn and SuperNova. If she did, then I'd understand.

I too think some spells are overpowered, but Von's opinion is they aren't.

The lazy comment was out of line as well. How the heckhound do any of you know her priorities?

How many people can say they have played all schools up to Level 30 in every aspect (see Von I do read your posts lol)?

If you think she's wrong debate with facts from the game to support.

60% weakness on Nova doesn't = 500 or so damage and destroying an aura to me like people said it can be enchanted. The low accuracy isn't big enough drawback to me for the effect and pip cost.
I do agree with Von on the major weakness of and that you can't save blades from a weakness (without cleanse charm treasure card) I think this is why I haven't made my out of Marleybone yet lol.

Please stop PERSONALLY attacking one of the more respected and read post authors.

I enjoy her contributions and differences in opinion.

Thank you
Well the thing that Von needs to understand is that balance is definitely not underpowered although she thought balance was. She also tried to say that not having enough time to farm was a legitimate excuse for not having that crafting spells and therefore to say that balance is underpowered. Just because she doesn't have the awesome savage paw and loremaster does not suddenly make balance underpowered. Many balances have them and with them they're not underpowered at all.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
I'd honestly say Balance is underpowered. For every good thing we get, we get countered a lot easier by it. Tower Shield can easily be stacked (unless the Balance wizard has a Myth mastery amulet) and then the Balance wizard would have to be hitting on constant 50's while the other school can start going on the offensive. The nice thing about Balance (just like life) is that our critical rating doesn't only affect our attacks, it affects our healing too. The problem? Snow Drift. This spell is an immediate counter to Availing Hands and the spell got more popular when wizards started using the amulet that gives the spell. You really don't have to heal against a Balance wizard if you have it, you just have to pressure them into healing and your health is back at nearly full.

Mana Burn has its own weaknesses too. As a few people said, Mana Burn is only good from second unless you're sure your opponent isn't going to waste their pips on a hit, and even from there it could do 0 damage and make the Balance waste 5 needed pips. Supernova can fizzle and can waste a turn, and Loremaster isn't everything. Sure, it does nice damage and puts a Black Mantle and Weakness, but it could easily be countered by just hitting the Balance wizard even harder or the Black Mantle could be taken off by a pet heal.

The only overpowered thing about Balance is the new gear setup combinations you can get, and also quick reshuffling (dispelling opponent's reshuffles and pinning them to a corner is a pretty nasty trick) and taking control of the match. Overall, Balance still lacks a specialty in anything like other schools do too, and it's more of the jack of all trades school than anything else. Balance isn't overpowered, it's just hard to find its weakness.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
PvP King on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
I'd honestly say Balance is underpowered. For every good thing we get, we get countered a lot easier by it. Tower Shield can easily be stacked (unless the Balance wizard has a Myth mastery amulet) and then the Balance wizard would have to be hitting on constant 50's while the other school can start going on the offensive. The nice thing about Balance (just like life) is that our critical rating doesn't only affect our attacks, it affects our healing too. The problem? Snow Drift. This spell is an immediate counter to Availing Hands and the spell got more popular when wizards started using the amulet that gives the spell. You really don't have to heal against a Balance wizard if you have it, you just have to pressure them into healing and your health is back at nearly full.

Mana Burn has its own weaknesses too. As a few people said, Mana Burn is only good from second unless you're sure your opponent isn't going to waste their pips on a hit, and even from there it could do 0 damage and make the Balance waste 5 needed pips. Supernova can fizzle and can waste a turn, and Loremaster isn't everything. Sure, it does nice damage and puts a Black Mantle and Weakness, but it could easily be countered by just hitting the Balance wizard even harder or the Black Mantle could be taken off by a pet heal.

The only overpowered thing about Balance is the new gear setup combinations you can get, and also quick reshuffling (dispelling opponent's reshuffles and pinning them to a corner is a pretty nasty trick) and taking control of the match. Overall, Balance still lacks a specialty in anything like other schools do too, and it's more of the jack of all trades school than anything else. Balance isn't overpowered, it's just hard to find its weakness.
Tower shield? Seriously? Every other school has at least 6 different stackable shields from 70% to 85% to contend with in ADDITION to the tower, and Balance has to deal with ONLY the tower shield. The weakest of them all. Boo Hoo. A little pierce goes a long way when the only shield against Balance is weak tower shields.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
seethe42 on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
Tower shield? Seriously? Every other school has at least 6 different stackable shields from 70% to 85% to contend with in ADDITION to the tower, and Balance has to deal with ONLY the tower shield. The weakest of them all. Boo Hoo. A little pierce goes a long way when the only shield against Balance is weak tower shields.
Yeah same goes for using a damage over time to take the shields. It isn't that hard to cast a Fire Elf/Poison/Shatter/Basilisk/Link/Power Link/Earthquake/Frostbite/Snow Angel/Wild Bolt (while dealing thousands on a shield still)/Heckhound/Storm Hound. See what I mean? Balance has to take time to break shields, other schools don't. Even with Tower Shield being the only spell to counter Balance, guess what, I don't see Balance being able to blade stack for a kill, and we can't shake off Weakness without ruining all our blades.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
PvP King on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
I'd honestly say Balance is underpowered. For every good thing we get, we get countered a lot easier by it. Tower Shield can easily be stacked (unless the Balance wizard has a Myth mastery amulet) and then the Balance wizard would have to be hitting on constant 50's while the other school can start going on the offensive. The nice thing about Balance (just like life) is that our critical rating doesn't only affect our attacks, it affects our healing too. The problem? Snow Drift. This spell is an immediate counter to Availing Hands and the spell got more popular when wizards started using the amulet that gives the spell. You really don't have to heal against a Balance wizard if you have it, you just have to pressure them into healing and your health is back at nearly full.

Mana Burn has its own weaknesses too. As a few people said, Mana Burn is only good from second unless you're sure your opponent isn't going to waste their pips on a hit, and even from there it could do 0 damage and make the Balance waste 5 needed pips. Supernova can fizzle and can waste a turn, and Loremaster isn't everything. Sure, it does nice damage and puts a Black Mantle and Weakness, but it could easily be countered by just hitting the Balance wizard even harder or the Black Mantle could be taken off by a pet heal.

The only overpowered thing about Balance is the new gear setup combinations you can get, and also quick reshuffling (dispelling opponent's reshuffles and pinning them to a corner is a pretty nasty trick) and taking control of the match. Overall, Balance still lacks a specialty in anything like other schools do too, and it's more of the jack of all trades school than anything else. Balance isn't overpowered, it's just hard to find its weakness.
Balance is NOT underpowered. Are you seriously gonna complain about people stacking tower shields? Well guess what, the other schools have to deal with shields towards their school and tower shield. With shrike, shields aren't a problem for balance wizards. Mana burn, supernova, savage paw, and loremaster are heavenly gifts for balance wizards. With hades defensive set a balance wizard is AWESOME in pvp. With loremaster they not only land a decent 1000 damage on their opponent for 4 pips but also black mantle and weakness their opponent. Most balance wizards just spam the spell since they can land a great hit on their opponent and weaken their opponent at the same time. With supernova and mana burn balance can prevent you from using your aura and building pips which makes it much harder to kill them. Balance also has availing hands which with a critical can take a nearly dead balance back to full. Supernova can be pre-enchanted with extraordinary or unstoppable in your tc deck. You are stating weaknesses of balance which can easily be countered or just ridiculous excuses for why great spells like loremaster aren't so great. I'm pretty sure most fires would want to trade the 4-pip and pretty weak krampus for balance's 4-pip and powerful loremaster. Be thankful for that spell because it's not right for balance to have stronger spells than fire.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
PvP King on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
Yeah same goes for using a damage over time to take the shields. It isn't that hard to cast a Fire Elf/Poison/Shatter/Basilisk/Link/Power Link/Earthquake/Frostbite/Snow Angel/Wild Bolt (while dealing thousands on a shield still)/Heckhound/Storm Hound. See what I mean? Balance has to take time to break shields, other schools don't. Even with Tower Shield being the only spell to counter Balance, guess what, I don't see Balance being able to blade stack for a kill, and we can't shake off Weakness without ruining all our blades.
You don't need to blade stack. A colossaled loremaster can hit over 1000 immediately and debuff your opponent. Hitting into a tower shield still isn't that bad and can still do decent damage. Shrike can take away any balance's worries of tower shield so use it. You guys don't need blades to kill. I very rarely see any balance's use blades because they don't need them. Auras and shrike work better. Balance does not have to take time to break shields. Most just spam savage paw and loremaster which not only hit their opponent hard but also debuff their opponent of buff themselves. Storm also doesn't have any dot that they can get as a spell. Balance isn't underpowered with their lore spells and avalon spells.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
stormninja542 on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
Balance is NOT underpowered. Are you seriously gonna complain about people stacking tower shields? Well guess what, the other schools have to deal with shields towards their school and tower shield. With shrike, shields aren't a problem for balance wizards. Mana burn, supernova, savage paw, and loremaster are heavenly gifts for balance wizards. With hades defensive set a balance wizard is AWESOME in pvp. With loremaster they not only land a decent 1000 damage on their opponent for 4 pips but also black mantle and weakness their opponent. Most balance wizards just spam the spell since they can land a great hit on their opponent and weaken their opponent at the same time. With supernova and mana burn balance can prevent you from using your aura and building pips which makes it much harder to kill them. Balance also has availing hands which with a critical can take a nearly dead balance back to full. Supernova can be pre-enchanted with extraordinary or unstoppable in your tc deck. You are stating weaknesses of balance which can easily be countered or just ridiculous excuses for why great spells like loremaster aren't so great. I'm pretty sure most fires would want to trade the 4-pip and pretty weak krampus for balance's 4-pip and powerful loremaster. Be thankful for that spell because it's not right for balance to have stronger spells than fire.
Nah, I'm not complaining about tower shield stacking, I'm explaining the disadvantage Balance has to shields, don't go jumping into conclusions. The other schools can deal with shields a lot easier than Balance can with their damage over times, Fire having one for 2 pips or casting their Fire Elemental to do the dirty work, Storm just having Wild Bolt or a Storm Hound pet/amulet, Ice using Frostbite or using their fast attacking minion to break shields or simply using Steal Ward to steal them, Death having poison, Life having no real way of taking shields (their Spinysaur spell costs too much pips and lands good damage only in the first hit) but since most use a Myth Mastery amulet why not mention Earthquake and Shatter? Sometimes their minion uses Imp or Leprechaun in the first few turns if you don't kill it. Myth has several other ways of breaking shields, one of them is simply ignoring them with using Minotaur/Orthrus, the other is using Pierce, the other using minions, and the best one is throwing in a Shatter on the opponent. What does Balance have? Oh right, we have Life's same problem, we can't break shields. But what's worse? Balance can't break shields without using their blades, and with more people using the Snow Drift amulet, we're vulnerable for the first half of the match if we decide to go with a Myth Mastery, which is why most Balance wizards are stuck with their Life heals.

"With Shrike, shields aren't a problem for balance wizards." Sorry but no, shields still count vs Balance whether us Balance wizards like it or not. Cast a shield and we won't be hitting on your resist, simple as with any other school.

I find it funny how everybody keeps saying "Loremaster is so great of a spell" because really, it's just like any other one. I dare you to go into a PvP and only cast Loremaster, we'll see how you do there. And what's so hard about surviving Supernova? Oh right what was it again, discarding the aura? Is it that hard? Most Balance wizards keep Supernova in their hand at all times so if you discard your auras you're one step ahead in the card drawing parade. Mana Burn, sigh, everybody complains about this spell. What's so bad about not stacking up your pips, is it really that hard to just keep a maximum of 6 pips? Even so, I don't use mana burn. I keep only 2 in my deck and I survive fairly well without it. I don't "spam" it, but I do use it when I'm left defenseless.

So you say that fires would trade Krampus for Loremaster? Let's change the deal here, I'd rather have Power Link than Loremaster any day. Why not remove Infections/Weaknesses/Shields and be able to heal and deal damage at the same time? Why doesn't anybody complain about that spell? Oh right I forgot, Loremaster is too awesome to trade for any other spell in the world. But no, seriously, Power Link is a lot better than Loremaster so I don't see why Fire complains.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
488
As a balance wizard myself, I would say that balance is neither overpowered or under powered. Like Dr. Von has pointed out, we do have these weaknesses that can be stopped easily or is useless. But, it isn't under powered. We have so many powerful spells, with a single balance blade I can get my Ra to do 100+ damage. Our power pips are awesome; I rarely get a single white pip. Balance is my favorite school; and is awesome if you play it right.

(I've also noticed more posts on balance recently...)

-Molly level 85 balance

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
PvP King on Mar 16, 2014 wrote:
Nah, I'm not complaining about tower shield stacking, I'm explaining the disadvantage Balance has to shields, don't go jumping into conclusions. The other schools can deal with shields a lot easier than Balance can with their damage over times, Fire having one for 2 pips or casting their Fire Elemental to do the dirty work, Storm just having Wild Bolt or a Storm Hound pet/amulet, Ice using Frostbite or using their fast attacking minion to break shields or simply using Steal Ward to steal them, Death having poison, Life having no real way of taking shields (their Spinysaur spell costs too much pips and lands good damage only in the first hit) but since most use a Myth Mastery amulet why not mention Earthquake and Shatter? Sometimes their minion uses Imp or Leprechaun in the first few turns if you don't kill it. Myth has several other ways of breaking shields, one of them is simply ignoring them with using Minotaur/Orthrus, the other is using Pierce, the other using minions, and the best one is throwing in a Shatter on the opponent. What does Balance have? Oh right, we have Life's same problem, we can't break shields. But what's worse? Balance can't break shields without using their blades, and with more people using the Snow Drift amulet, we're vulnerable for the first half of the match if we decide to go with a Myth Mastery, which is why most Balance wizards are stuck with their Life heals.

"With Shrike, shields aren't a problem for balance wizards." Sorry but no, shields still count vs Balance whether us Balance wizards like it or not. Cast a shield and we won't be hitting on your resist, simple as with any other school.

I find it funny how everybody keeps saying "Loremaster is so great of a spell" because really, it's just like any other one. I dare you to go into a PvP and only cast Loremaster, we'll see how you do there. And what's so hard about surviving Supernova? Oh right what was it again, discarding the aura? Is it that hard? Most Balance wizards keep Supernova in their hand at all times so if you discard your auras you're one step ahead in the card drawing parade. Mana Burn, sigh, everybody complains about this spell. What's so bad about not stacking up your pips, is it really that hard to just keep a maximum of 6 pips? Even so, I don't use mana burn. I keep only 2 in my deck and I survive fairly well without it. I don't "spam" it, but I do use it when I'm left defenseless.

So you say that fires would trade Krampus for Loremaster? Let's change the deal here, I'd rather have Power Link than Loremaster any day. Why not remove Infections/Weaknesses/Shields and be able to heal and deal damage at the same time? Why doesn't anybody complain about that spell? Oh right I forgot, Loremaster is too awesome to trade for any other spell in the world. But no, seriously, Power Link is a lot better than Loremaster so I don't see why Fire complains.
You are terribly mistaken if you can say so easily that power link is better than loremaster. I have seen balances kill their opponent simply by spamming loremaster. LOL you tell me to discard the aura. In case you haven't noticed, auras like infallible are one of the most important spells in the game for all schools. I don't find it very fair for balance to use infallible while their opponent cannot without having to deal with a super hit and losing their aura. Hate to break it to you but you were complaining about tower shield. Balance doesn't have dots but they don't have to deal with balance shields, only tower shields. People don't use shrike to pierce resist, but mostly to pierce shields in pvp. Btw it is a bit of a problem for anyone not being able to stack pips. I'm pretty sure with a fire you would have a problem not being able to use efreet before the balance mana burns you. I don't care if you spam mana burn or not, but other balances do and it's annoying. If you wanna bring minions into this then why don't use simply use your minion to take away shields? You probably have to say that the minion dies too easy. It's the same for the rest of the schools. You only say balance is underpowered because you have a problem removing shields. You can use a myth mastery and use shatter just as easily as the other schools. Schools with dots can't easily take away shields without removing their blades. Balance has a lot of advantages but for some reason your dilemma with shields suddenly makes balance underpowered.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
PvP King on Mar 16, 2014 wrote:
Nah, I'm not complaining about tower shield stacking, I'm explaining the disadvantage Balance has to shields, don't go jumping into conclusions. The other schools can deal with shields a lot easier than Balance can with their damage over times, Fire having one for 2 pips or casting their Fire Elemental to do the dirty work, Storm just having Wild Bolt or a Storm Hound pet/amulet, Ice using Frostbite or using their fast attacking minion to break shields or simply using Steal Ward to steal them, Death having poison, Life having no real way of taking shields (their Spinysaur spell costs too much pips and lands good damage only in the first hit) but since most use a Myth Mastery amulet why not mention Earthquake and Shatter? Sometimes their minion uses Imp or Leprechaun in the first few turns if you don't kill it. Myth has several other ways of breaking shields, one of them is simply ignoring them with using Minotaur/Orthrus, the other is using Pierce, the other using minions, and the best one is throwing in a Shatter on the opponent. What does Balance have? Oh right, we have Life's same problem, we can't break shields. But what's worse? Balance can't break shields without using their blades, and with more people using the Snow Drift amulet, we're vulnerable for the first half of the match if we decide to go with a Myth Mastery, which is why most Balance wizards are stuck with their Life heals.

"With Shrike, shields aren't a problem for balance wizards." Sorry but no, shields still count vs Balance whether us Balance wizards like it or not. Cast a shield and we won't be hitting on your resist, simple as with any other school.

I find it funny how everybody keeps saying "Loremaster is so great of a spell" because really, it's just like any other one. I dare you to go into a PvP and only cast Loremaster, we'll see how you do there. And what's so hard about surviving Supernova? Oh right what was it again, discarding the aura? Is it that hard? Most Balance wizards keep Supernova in their hand at all times so if you discard your auras you're one step ahead in the card drawing parade. Mana Burn, sigh, everybody complains about this spell. What's so bad about not stacking up your pips, is it really that hard to just keep a maximum of 6 pips? Even so, I don't use mana burn. I keep only 2 in my deck and I survive fairly well without it. I don't "spam" it, but I do use it when I'm left defenseless.

So you say that fires would trade Krampus for Loremaster? Let's change the deal here, I'd rather have Power Link than Loremaster any day. Why not remove Infections/Weaknesses/Shields and be able to heal and deal damage at the same time? Why doesn't anybody complain about that spell? Oh right I forgot, Loremaster is too awesome to trade for any other spell in the world. But no, seriously, Power Link is a lot better than Loremaster so I don't see why Fire complains.
HI JJ,

Haven't seen you posting much lately.....

You really hit the key items, Balance really has no way to effectively take out shields.
The bigger problem is that they can't stack blades, and use a different school or wand to
take off weakness, etc. Therefore they are limited to weaker hits, across the board.
Add to that our Blades are weak to start with, just 25 and 20%, again, making it harder to
get in one big hit. KI knew this, and that is exactly why Loremaster was added as an option.
Plus ManaBurn, plus SuperNova, to give us a chance.

No other school has our limitations, and holding a Supernova in hand all the time also limits us.
ManaBurn takes three pips for three pips, plus minimum damage, not a great trade off.
It is only a delay tactic while we search for other cards. LoreMaster is also not a great
damage spell, but it can be used effectively in combos, that is where LoreMaster is worth
using.

A pure Balance can be effective, simply because a tower is the only shield that he has to worry
about. That is a Balance Wizard's only advantage in PvP in my opinion, plus maybe his health.

Put those advantages up against a fast attacking Fire or Storm, and they don't seem to give us any
advantage at all, just saying........

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
stormninja542 on Mar 16, 2014 wrote:
You are terribly mistaken if you can say so easily that power link is better than loremaster. I have seen balances kill their opponent simply by spamming loremaster. LOL you tell me to discard the aura. In case you haven't noticed, auras like infallible are one of the most important spells in the game for all schools. I don't find it very fair for balance to use infallible while their opponent cannot without having to deal with a super hit and losing their aura. Hate to break it to you but you were complaining about tower shield. Balance doesn't have dots but they don't have to deal with balance shields, only tower shields. People don't use shrike to pierce resist, but mostly to pierce shields in pvp. Btw it is a bit of a problem for anyone not being able to stack pips. I'm pretty sure with a fire you would have a problem not being able to use efreet before the balance mana burns you. I don't care if you spam mana burn or not, but other balances do and it's annoying. If you wanna bring minions into this then why don't use simply use your minion to take away shields? You probably have to say that the minion dies too easy. It's the same for the rest of the schools. You only say balance is underpowered because you have a problem removing shields. You can use a myth mastery and use shatter just as easily as the other schools. Schools with dots can't easily take away shields without removing their blades. Balance has a lot of advantages but for some reason your dilemma with shields suddenly makes balance underpowered.
I love how you try to make this all personal about me and shields. Do I have a problem with them? Not really, I can find my own creative ways of taking them off, and if I really need to, why not use a Fire Elf treasure card. What you're not understanding, is that Balance doesn't have 70% shields to any school whether we like it or not. Are Elemental and Spirit shields not 50%? And if you say "Tower Shield is another one", then why would you have trouble defending against Balance if it was so good. But no, other schools can use different school wands without breaking any of their own school blades to take off Tower Shield, and those 50% Elemental/Spirit shields could be easily dealt with by Shrike the same way Balance does. And when you said you've seen Balances defeat their opponent only with Loremaster, mind telling me what ranks these so called opponents were? I'm sure no average Warlord would lose to one little spell. And no, I'm being dead serious, I'd rather have Power Link than Loremaster any day. Power Link is the same pips, lets you be able to heal no problem, and leaves your opponent open for an attack. Loremaster, however, doesn't do any of these, all it does is give a minor Black Mantle that rarely works and gives a 20% Weakness, both of these lower percentages than Krampus and Luminous Weaver. I'm confused on why you're complaining about Mana Burn still, and it's impossible to "spam" the spell. If the Balance decides to cast Mana Burn every time they get 3 pips, ok that's good for them, they're going to fall way behind in the pip count. As MANY wizards have said (and complained about on the message boards), but you're not understanding, is that other schools don't need Infallible to defeat a Balance. You guys have Shrike too, right? We have 50% shields too, wand the towers, and boom you're going to hit the Balance hard enough to call it gg. Balance can't enchant Mana Burn, so even if we Reshuffle and then you Reshuffle your enchanted attacks we wouldn't have enough to keep up because your spells multiply, Mana Burn wouldn't. The Mander Minion does die easily, yes,but that's not the point. It attacks too slow. That's why Balance can't take care of shields with minions like other schools can. For example, the Ice Guardian uses Frost Cat in the first turn sometimes, Fire elemental uses Smoke Mantle then Fire elf/Link most of the time, Sprite Guardian very often uses Imp the first turn, and so on. The Helpful Mander? No, it uses utilities, most of the time giving pips instead of attacking, and ends up never staying alike to break shields. I'm sorry to say, but you should back up your statements with more facts rather than opinions/theories.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
PvP King on Mar 17, 2014 wrote:
I love how you try to make this all personal about me and shields. Do I have a problem with them? Not really, I can find my own creative ways of taking them off, and if I really need to, why not use a Fire Elf treasure card. What you're not understanding, is that Balance doesn't have 70% shields to any school whether we like it or not. Are Elemental and Spirit shields not 50%? And if you say "Tower Shield is another one", then why would you have trouble defending against Balance if it was so good. But no, other schools can use different school wands without breaking any of their own school blades to take off Tower Shield, and those 50% Elemental/Spirit shields could be easily dealt with by Shrike the same way Balance does. And when you said you've seen Balances defeat their opponent only with Loremaster, mind telling me what ranks these so called opponents were? I'm sure no average Warlord would lose to one little spell. And no, I'm being dead serious, I'd rather have Power Link than Loremaster any day. Power Link is the same pips, lets you be able to heal no problem, and leaves your opponent open for an attack. Loremaster, however, doesn't do any of these, all it does is give a minor Black Mantle that rarely works and gives a 20% Weakness, both of these lower percentages than Krampus and Luminous Weaver. I'm confused on why you're complaining about Mana Burn still, and it's impossible to "spam" the spell. If the Balance decides to cast Mana Burn every time they get 3 pips, ok that's good for them, they're going to fall way behind in the pip count. As MANY wizards have said (and complained about on the message boards), but you're not understanding, is that other schools don't need Infallible to defeat a Balance. You guys have Shrike too, right? We have 50% shields too, wand the towers, and boom you're going to hit the Balance hard enough to call it gg. Balance can't enchant Mana Burn, so even if we Reshuffle and then you Reshuffle your enchanted attacks we wouldn't have enough to keep up because your spells multiply, Mana Burn wouldn't. The Mander Minion does die easily, yes,but that's not the point. It attacks too slow. That's why Balance can't take care of shields with minions like other schools can. For example, the Ice Guardian uses Frost Cat in the first turn sometimes, Fire elemental uses Smoke Mantle then Fire elf/Link most of the time, Sprite Guardian very often uses Imp the first turn, and so on. The Helpful Mander? No, it uses utilities, most of the time giving pips instead of attacking, and ends up never staying alike to break shields. I'm sorry to say, but you should back up your statements with more facts rather than opinions/theories.
So I assume that in the private ranks at top lvl pvp they still use minions since you complain about them lol. Minions aren't helpful anymore in top lvl pvp so there is no reason to complain about them. You were complaining about tower shield but now you go on and complain about elemental and spirit shield. Fire only gets glacial shield which ONLY helps against ice and storm. Life only gets legend shield which ONLY helps against death and myth etc. Power link doesn't heal much and the damage on it is a bit weak for a dot. I'm not saying it's underpowered but I am saying that it's definitely not a better spell than loremaster. Maybe you feel power link is better because you have never really used it like loremaster. I haven't used loremaster like I have power link but at least I am not jumping to the conclusion that loremaster is a better spell just as you think power link is better. Even if power link is better (but it's not) it's SUPPOSED TO BE BETTER. It's a fire spell for crying out loud, fire's spells are supposed to do more damage than balance spells. If you don't have a problem with shields then why complain about them in the first place? All schools have their weaknesses so telling me that it's difficult for balance to remove debuffs or shields doesn't make them underpowered. The fact that only tower shield can protect you from their attacks makes up for it. Balance may seem underpowered because they have weaknesses that other schools don't have, but they do have advantages over the other schools.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
stormninja542 on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
So I assume that in the private ranks at top lvl pvp they still use minions since you complain about them lol. Minions aren't helpful anymore in top lvl pvp so there is no reason to complain about them. You were complaining about tower shield but now you go on and complain about elemental and spirit shield. Fire only gets glacial shield which ONLY helps against ice and storm. Life only gets legend shield which ONLY helps against death and myth etc. Power link doesn't heal much and the damage on it is a bit weak for a dot. I'm not saying it's underpowered but I am saying that it's definitely not a better spell than loremaster. Maybe you feel power link is better because you have never really used it like loremaster. I haven't used loremaster like I have power link but at least I am not jumping to the conclusion that loremaster is a better spell just as you think power link is better. Even if power link is better (but it's not) it's SUPPOSED TO BE BETTER. It's a fire spell for crying out loud, fire's spells are supposed to do more damage than balance spells. If you don't have a problem with shields then why complain about them in the first place? All schools have their weaknesses so telling me that it's difficult for balance to remove debuffs or shields doesn't make them underpowered. The fact that only tower shield can protect you from their attacks makes up for it. Balance may seem underpowered because they have weaknesses that other schools don't have, but they do have advantages over the other schools.
I honestly don't understand your argument at all. I didn't complain about any spell to begin with, but I guess you're just going to assume everything this whole time. Why would I complain about Elemental/Spirit/Tower shields? I have all of those spells, and I'm simply stating the fact that other schools can take them off or ignore them just as easily as Balance can, in most cases even easier than Balance.

I don't know why you insist that Fire only gets Glacial Shield, you can train Tower Shield if you want, but if you don't then that's your problem not mine. Life can also train Tower Shield, just as easily as Balance wizards can train 70% shields. Do you ever see Balance warlords using those 70% shields? No, we like to stick with Tower/Elemental/Spirit shield, so keep those 70%'s off of this conversation. You also keep having that theory that I don't have a Fire wizard, and you said I've never used Power Link. Well sorry to say, but I do have a Fire wizard, who in fact is a higher rank than my Balance wizard, and I do have Power Link. I'm saying what I said by facts alone and by what I've been seeing in the arena, nothing else.

Now back to your first statement. I never complained about minions, and I probably never will. I insisted that the schools can take off their own school shields by using the minions, and 90% of max level warlords (excluding death and storm) still do.

When I said Power Link is better than Loremaster, I never mentioned the damage either. The amount of things that the spell does for you is insane. It removes Infections making you able to heal freely, it removes Weaknesses and Shields making you able to hit better, it deals damage on your opponent, and it heals you all at the same time, for 4 pips. If you have trouble with Loremaster after getting a spell that good, (I use it on my Fire wizard and I can tell you that I spam it, and with a critical and Wyldfire it amounts to enormous amounts of damage and fast, even better if you enchant normal Link with Primordial to heal too). The reason I said Power Link is stronger is because Fire wizards complain about Loremaster while they themselves have a spell far better than it. And that's a fact.

You're right about the last line, but also wrong. Balances weakness is its own advantage, Tower Shield being the only spell to block Balance. You know what every school trains? Yep, Tower Shield. You know who has loads of troubles taking them off? Yep, Balance wizards. Our spells and blades aren't strong enough to ignore these easily, while other schools have more than enough to ignore Elemental Shield and Tower Shields. You go make a Balance wizard and tell me how hard it is to play as one, then compare it to every other school. Once you do that, you'll see mine and Veracity8's point.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
175
Just for the record with Shadow Shrike is hands down the best school no question. NO shield for their damage and they can do 50% pierce to you.

LOL.

= unstoppable with shrike and no balance shield.

Tower shield doesn't cut it if Shrike is going to be here. Sorry. We need a specific shield with this Shadow Magic nonsense now.

Eliminate Shadow Magic from PVP, Thank you.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
PvP King on Mar 19, 2014 wrote:
I honestly don't understand your argument at all. I didn't complain about any spell to begin with, but I guess you're just going to assume everything this whole time. Why would I complain about Elemental/Spirit/Tower shields? I have all of those spells, and I'm simply stating the fact that other schools can take them off or ignore them just as easily as Balance can, in most cases even easier than Balance.

I don't know why you insist that Fire only gets Glacial Shield, you can train Tower Shield if you want, but if you don't then that's your problem not mine. Life can also train Tower Shield, just as easily as Balance wizards can train 70% shields. Do you ever see Balance warlords using those 70% shields? No, we like to stick with Tower/Elemental/Spirit shield, so keep those 70%'s off of this conversation. You also keep having that theory that I don't have a Fire wizard, and you said I've never used Power Link. Well sorry to say, but I do have a Fire wizard, who in fact is a higher rank than my Balance wizard, and I do have Power Link. I'm saying what I said by facts alone and by what I've been seeing in the arena, nothing else.

Now back to your first statement. I never complained about minions, and I probably never will. I insisted that the schools can take off their own school shields by using the minions, and 90% of max level warlords (excluding death and storm) still do.

When I said Power Link is better than Loremaster, I never mentioned the damage either. The amount of things that the spell does for you is insane. It removes Infections making you able to heal freely, it removes Weaknesses and Shields making you able to hit better, it deals damage on your opponent, and it heals you all at the same time, for 4 pips. If you have trouble with Loremaster after getting a spell that good, (I use it on my Fire wizard and I can tell you that I spam it, and with a critical and Wyldfire it amounts to enormous amounts of damage and fast, even better if you enchant normal Link with Primordial to heal too). The reason I said Power Link is stronger is because Fire wizards complain about Loremaster while they themselves have a spell far better than it. And that's a fact.

You're right about the last line, but also wrong. Balances weakness is its own advantage, Tower Shield being the only spell to block Balance. You know what every school trains? Yep, Tower Shield. You know who has loads of troubles taking them off? Yep, Balance wizards. Our spells and blades aren't strong enough to ignore these easily, while other schools have more than enough to ignore Elemental Shield and Tower Shields. You go make a Balance wizard and tell me how hard it is to play as one, then compare it to every other school. Once you do that, you'll see mine and Veracity8's point.
You complained about how easily elemental shield and spirit shield can be taken out by shrike. Be thankful for those spells and next time if you don't want me to include the 70% shields then don't complain about shields at all. You asked my why you would complain about elemental shield and tower shield. How am I supposed to know? I can't read your mind so why don't you tell me? You also complained about how weak the mander minion is so please refer to your previous posts before denying ever complaining about any of those things. Balance gets elemental and spirit shield for free while all schools except ice train tower shield for 5 training points. Loremaster can be used as a weakness and shield breaker. Power link can only serve as an infection breaker when you have infection on you. Loremaster in most occasions deals more damage than power link even though power link is a dot and it's black mantle and weakness are just about as good and if not, better than power links minor healing. Have you ever seen the leaderboards? There are tons of max lvl balances up there. Want to know why? Balance is not underpowered, that's why. Most balances just spam loremaster and savage paw. Even with a tower shield those 2 spells can hit hard and weaken your opponent or blade yourself too. I don't think I have ever heard anyone but you complain about how great power link is. But, there are many people including balances themselves that say that loremaster is op which I now believe is a fact. With shrike, shields aren't a problem at all for balance so stop complaining about tower shield. Seriously, in one part of your post you deny ever complaining about tower shield and near the end you start complaining about them again. My sister has a balance and she does just fine in pvp and pve. I have played on her char many times and from that I can say that balance is not underpowered.

Hero
Dec 16, 2009
772
ViciousVenomousVix... on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
Just for the record with Shadow Shrike is hands down the best school no question. NO shield for their damage and they can do 50% pierce to you.

LOL.

= unstoppable with shrike and no balance shield.

Tower shield doesn't cut it if Shrike is going to be here. Sorry. We need a specific shield with this Shadow Magic nonsense now.

Eliminate Shadow Magic from PVP, Thank you.
Balance is far from unstoppable in PvP. While it does gain the most direct benefit from shadow shrike, this does not mean that either shrike or the balance school are overpowered.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
stormninja542 on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
You complained about how easily elemental shield and spirit shield can be taken out by shrike. Be thankful for those spells and next time if you don't want me to include the 70% shields then don't complain about shields at all. You asked my why you would complain about elemental shield and tower shield. How am I supposed to know? I can't read your mind so why don't you tell me? You also complained about how weak the mander minion is so please refer to your previous posts before denying ever complaining about any of those things. Balance gets elemental and spirit shield for free while all schools except ice train tower shield for 5 training points. Loremaster can be used as a weakness and shield breaker. Power link can only serve as an infection breaker when you have infection on you. Loremaster in most occasions deals more damage than power link even though power link is a dot and it's black mantle and weakness are just about as good and if not, better than power links minor healing. Have you ever seen the leaderboards? There are tons of max lvl balances up there. Want to know why? Balance is not underpowered, that's why. Most balances just spam loremaster and savage paw. Even with a tower shield those 2 spells can hit hard and weaken your opponent or blade yourself too. I don't think I have ever heard anyone but you complain about how great power link is. But, there are many people including balances themselves that say that loremaster is op which I now believe is a fact. With shrike, shields aren't a problem at all for balance so stop complaining about tower shield. Seriously, in one part of your post you deny ever complaining about tower shield and near the end you start complaining about them again. My sister has a balance and she does just fine in pvp and pve. I have played on her char many times and from that I can say that balance is not underpowered.
Again, I didn't complain about it. I stated that that's Balance's version of Tower Shield against other schools, and both sides have a 50%. I also never "complained" that it was too weak, I simply said it attacks slower. I love its utility spells and how it can help me stack Weaknesses/Black Mantles on my opponent, but its disadvantage is the slow attacking, meaning that Balance still yet has to find a way to remove Towers as efficiently as other schools do. That's exactly how Balance isn't overpowered, Shrike is the only way Balance can ignore a shield, and even with that spell there's still the backlash and the chance of fizzling, not getting a shadow pip, or even getting a white pip. Shrike isn't the end of the world vs a Balance, it never was. I also looked on the leaderboard, and the current first place is a Storm wizard, the second max lvl on the leaderboard is an Ice wizard, the third a Fire wizard, then another Storm wizard, then finally a Balance wizard. There are far more max level Fire and Storm wizards than there are Balance. Why? Because those schools are truly the overpowered ones, and they're both a lot easier to use and win with. So your statement on many max level balances being on the leaderboard is inaccurate. Again, I don't "complain" about Tower Shield, I'm stating facts. If I were to complain about it I'd be making posts and be calling out people for using the spell, but no, I don't. And vs a Balance wizard, you can ignore shields too with using Shrike. It isn't the only school in the world with the spell so quit whining about it. It's underpowered in more ways than any other school is, and even Myth has more utilities than it. Storm and Fire have massive damage and critical, Life has massive heals, Ice has massive health and good stacking techniques, Death has drains and Doom and Bad Juju, Myth has the most creative and possibly even the best spells in the entire game, and when you look at Balance, the only good thing you see about it is Loremaster. Without Loremaster, Savage Paw, Judgement, and Mana Burn, how low do you want to take Balance wizards exactly? Should our only attack spell be Locust Swarm and Scorpion? No, those spells have finally put Balance back in line with the other schools so quit complaining about them. Other schools have useful spells, and I think Balance deserves a turn too.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
Ok, well, there's been many threads, posts, etc specifically on the Balance school lately. Most of these have been going on for a while now, but I've noticed that there's a new Nerf Balance Frenzy. Most of these are directed towards Loremaster, Mana Burn (such an old one), Supernova (another old one), Judgement (probably the spell with the most complaints since day one) and Savage Paw. I just want to ask though, without all these spells, what do you expect Balance wizards to use without all these spells?

Okay, we could probably live without Savage Paw, but take out Loremaster? This is probably the only spell that's kept Balance in line with the other schools in damage. I mean, we've been getting the short end of the stick with our spells ever since Ra. I don't recall ever using Ra, Sabertooth, Chimera, Elemental/Spirit Spear, or any of that in pvp. While other schools got great pvp spells (Efreet, Levy, Snow Angel, Skeletal Dragon, Spinysaur, Sun Serpent, Sirens, Lord of Winter, Medusa, Basilisk), Balance has been getting some not so great spells. Avalon has helped us keep up with other schools, but Balance still lacked the ability to combo up with our attacks. We still only had Spectral Blast and Locust Swarm as our efficient main hitters, while other schools got far better. Samoorai wasn't so great either, and in reality it's a waste of pips. Savage Paw finally came out, and Balance wizards have loved it since. Still, we didn't have a good enough combo for it except Judgement. Then, when Loremaster came out, this put Balance back into place in pvp. We've been either the worst or second worst 1v1 school since 2010, Death being one step ahead or behind us constantly. Now, finally, Balance has its go, just like Ice and Life did at levels 80-90, just like Fire and Myth did at level 60, just like Storm does now, and that's why Balance has been getting good spells lately. Even so, these spells can be countered the same way every other Balance spell has been countered in the past so I honestly don't see a difference. Shrike also works the same way with every school so I don't get why Balance is so much different than any other school, sure, Tower Shield is the only way to stop it, but ever tried using treasure card towers/weaknesses to add up to those? Balance as well has to stack 2 shields to stop Shrike so why can't you?

One last thing to add is if you take away Judgement, you're taking away Balance's only efficient way of OHKO'ing our opponents. Other schools can still be ahead of Balance by far in getting better cards because Balance has to spend lots of time farming for the spells, which leaves more work for us to keep in line with everybody else. These spells are amazing to use in pvp, I have to admit, but they won't win every match for you, the same way with every other spell.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
34
Hi PvP King!,

I saw this thread, and I couldn't help but saying this. I totally agree with you, you are absolutely right in many ways. The reason people are being like this, is because apparently they complain, and thats basically it. They only complain for the fact that its their fault that they die, and come and blame balance for everything. Overall Balance is good, but by far probably has the least overall stats. I'm abalnce, and I'm thinking we're probably one of the weak schools. But it's all the spells and enchantments that help us get stronger. They come to complain about Judge but JUDGE ONLY! I dont get why they're mad at this because storm has tempest and it's sent to EVERY Enemy. Anyways, I just wanted to rep[ly to you because I know how you feel and I just wanted to share my opinion as well.

Austin GriffinBlade lvl 83

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Hi pvp king

I also play as a balance I don't have a lot of spell though.
And I agree balance is not overpowered.

Amy lvl 86 I'm in Dino world now.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
Hi PvP King (JJ),

Again, as I have stated in the past, ManaBurn is nothing more than a delay spell, that does
minor damage. I only use it to delay the hit, while I set up or search for a spell.
For 5 pips, and so little damage most of the time, Manaburn is not all that worth it,
except it can save you some time.

Super Nova again, is nice, but most players already know not to put up Infallible, etc,
when they face a Balance. So the spell normally sits in the hand, till I know they know
better than to try to put one up.

Savage Paw is nice, but again, it's typical of Balance with poor damage, but you get a Blade.
You can't spam it, and it takes 5 pips, slowing you up in a fast paced match.

King Atorious (sp?), is actually a needed spell for Balance, with the -40 Weakness.
Again, it a spell that you have to play carefully, and become a big guess when your second.

The LoreMaster is actually a good spell from Second, why, because it can make them stop
and think. The Weakness of -20 is nice, but most people just blast though it. The accuracy
spell is what makes them pause, not wanting to lose their attack spell.
From first you lose that edge, as they normally just blast though both, and seldom seem
to fizzle.

Compare the Loremaster spell to Insane bolt, it can hit for over 1500 each hit, and normally
can hit for 4 times in a row before it may backfire. I just lost three Pvp matches in a row to
the spamming of Insane bolt. Not much of a comparison imo.

Now, lets compare Loremaster to the 4 pips fire spell, that is 305-345, but normally hits for
345 + 275 or better, after it's enchanted, plus it has a -45 Accuracy.
This is awesome damage, and once you have the -45 accuracy on you, your in trouble.

Life new 4 pips spell is the same, a hit and an enchantment, another great fast paced spell.

The point is, other schools got great spells also, and it many cases the spells
are just as good or better than LoreMaster.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
PvP King on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
Ok, well, there's been many threads, posts, etc specifically on the Balance school lately. Most of these have been going on for a while now, but I've noticed that there's a new Nerf Balance Frenzy. Most of these are directed towards Loremaster, Mana Burn (such an old one), Supernova (another old one), Judgement (probably the spell with the most complaints since day one) and Savage Paw. I just want to ask though, without all these spells, what do you expect Balance wizards to use without all these spells?

Okay, we could probably live without Savage Paw, but take out Loremaster? This is probably the only spell that's kept Balance in line with the other schools in damage. I mean, we've been getting the short end of the stick with our spells ever since Ra. I don't recall ever using Ra, Sabertooth, Chimera, Elemental/Spirit Spear, or any of that in pvp. While other schools got great pvp spells (Efreet, Levy, Snow Angel, Skeletal Dragon, Spinysaur, Sun Serpent, Sirens, Lord of Winter, Medusa, Basilisk), Balance has been getting some not so great spells. Avalon has helped us keep up with other schools, but Balance still lacked the ability to combo up with our attacks. We still only had Spectral Blast and Locust Swarm as our efficient main hitters, while other schools got far better. Samoorai wasn't so great either, and in reality it's a waste of pips. Savage Paw finally came out, and Balance wizards have loved it since. Still, we didn't have a good enough combo for it except Judgement. Then, when Loremaster came out, this put Balance back into place in pvp. We've been either the worst or second worst 1v1 school since 2010, Death being one step ahead or behind us constantly. Now, finally, Balance has its go, just like Ice and Life did at levels 80-90, just like Fire and Myth did at level 60, just like Storm does now, and that's why Balance has been getting good spells lately. Even so, these spells can be countered the same way every other Balance spell has been countered in the past so I honestly don't see a difference. Shrike also works the same way with every school so I don't get why Balance is so much different than any other school, sure, Tower Shield is the only way to stop it, but ever tried using treasure card towers/weaknesses to add up to those? Balance as well has to stack 2 shields to stop Shrike so why can't you?

One last thing to add is if you take away Judgement, you're taking away Balance's only efficient way of OHKO'ing our opponents. Other schools can still be ahead of Balance by far in getting better cards because Balance has to spend lots of time farming for the spells, which leaves more work for us to keep in line with everybody else. These spells are amazing to use in pvp, I have to admit, but they won't win every match for you, the same way with every other spell.
Balance not being overpowered? Please, don't make me laugh. A school that can deal damage as fast as storm or fire, and has amazing side effects on near all of its spells, plus able to achieve high critical, block, damage, and resistance at the same time? Balance has arguably the best spell in the game, loremaster. Quite a lot of damage for a 4 pip spell, plus a weakness and a black mantle. Enchant it and spam it, and you can win frequently with just that. Mana burn makes building up pips for schools such as ice that need a lot of blades to do half-decent damage near impossible. Supernova is the only spell in the game that takes away the advantage of star spells, clearly unbalancing pvp even more. Shrike pierces through shields, making balance near unshieldable. I simply don't understand how you can not think that balance is one of the best schools, if not the best.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2925
hi there pvp king~

as a max-level balance wizard, i agree with the sentiment of your post; anytime there is talk of us getting the same abilities the other schools have (and have had, since day one), they all cry that we're overpowered.

i think i've used mana burn in pvp all of twice. there's really no point~ it's a free cast for your opponent/possible time-saver that really doesn't do much. i can think of better ways to waste 5 pips: savage paw (for the extra blade) spectral blast, loremaster (for those lucky enough to get it)... the list goes on.

my level 34 pyro veteran just knocked off a balance warlord in pvp... he used judge, but not before i wallpapered him with weakness and myself with tower shields.

*blinks*

nope, not overpowered.



-von
pvp veteran, promethean x3