Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 12, 2010
carterma wrote:

Does anyone else find themselves humming the music in the Commons and not even realizing it until someone else asks, "What's that you're humming?"

yes i do that 2 lol

Survivor
Oct 12, 2010
Arenlor wrote:
Deborahloi wrote:
You stay up all night so you cen get up 4 levels, and then call in sick the next day.
Just hope your boss doesn't play.
lol

Survivor
Oct 12, 2010
timtim1001 wrote:
you know youve been playing way to much when your dog ends up getting to level 50 befor you

Timothy
myth
lvl:32!

you know u play 2 much when u loose a hard dungon and punch somthing random because it was soooo fustrating (thats happend 2 me before)

dylan griffentamer lvl 31 pyromancer

Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
Windlilly wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Oh! That totally happened to me and my friends the other day! My sister saw a huge rock lying on the ground and said to our other friend (who also plays the game, luckily) "Look! I found a Stone Block!" And then she threw it at me. O. o Lolz, and then for the rest of the day we collected rocks to see who could get the most reagents.
Lol. That actually sounds like it would make a fun game away from the computer. :D :) :P

Defender
May 17, 2009
10. When your computer breaks you curl up in a ball and refuse to do anything until it gets fixed.
9. You have a person come over every day to make sure your internet is at its highest quality.
8. You are not at your house and you find a genie who says he will grant you any wish, and you say, "I want to be back home so I can play more Wizard101," when you were just about to leave the place you were at and it's a 1 minute drive home.
7. You try to catch spinyfish, starfish, and jellyfish because you think they will give you good stats.
6. You get really hurt then curse at your dog for not using spritely.
5. You give your pets lots of ham and yogurt because you think it will grow to epic fast.
4. You try to find a school that teaches about Wizard101/is a Wizard101 school (that would be awesome).
3. Whenever you have lobster you brag about how you killed it even when it was your school.
2. You think everyone older than 60 is either a hacker or a ghost, because it's impossible to go higher than that.
1. You say to babies and young kids, "HaHa noob I can go to Celestia and you can only go to Wizard City HaHa noob!"

I haven't done any of these things... yet!

Survivor
May 27, 2009
i used to play this game from the second i woke up until i had to go to school then i would do my homework in the car and the second i got home play until i had to go to bed. and in the summer i would play ALL day (no joke)! But then i FINALLY stopped but i still play it for like 3 or 4 hours a day. so i know i've been playing too much.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Ugh, KingsIsle, why is your music SO GOOD? I keep humming your songs 24/7. In the car I hum it, and even at school. Its addicting!

Survivor
May 15, 2009
If you cry when you lose a battle. ( not me! ) 8)

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Frostwake wrote:
If you cry when you lose a battle. ( not me! ) 8)

lol maaayyybbbeeee I sometimes cry.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2009
1. on the list i kinda have that.I once had a dream were there was a new world coming out and when i woke up i ran to the computer and started to play and found out there was no new world.It kinda happens to me ALL THE TIME.Its kinda enbrasing

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
IamLezul wrote:
OOOOh! AND when u have dreams that ur in a crazy hard dugeon! AND, when you've been playing sooooo much and then you log off, YOU CAN STILL HEAR THE MUSIC!!! This happens to me sooooo much! LOL

Ya, one day after I logged off I swear I could hear the theme music coming from somewhere around my house. XD

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:
the 10 ways u KNOW u been playing too much

10.when you forget your homework and tell your teacher that fire elves set your homework on fire.
9.when your friend says break a leg and you say " if i do i can just use a pixie"
8.that you are too scared to walk along the beach because you think a storm shark will get you O. O
7.when you tie a paper horn to a horse and call it a unicorn
6.when you see a frog and call it a humongofrog baby
5.every time an earthquake hits you blame professor Drake
4.when you see the chronicles of Narnia and say they stole the ideas from wizard 101
3.you try to teach a pig ninjutsu
2.when you see an orange tabby you claim him a fire cat
1.you say Malistaire has stolen your soul

XD It's true Narnia has that satyr dude in it.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
maxitola2009 wrote:
10. When your computer breaks you curl up in a ball and refuse to do anything until it gets fixed.
9. You have a person come over every day to make sure your internet is at its highest quality.
8. You are not at your house and you find a genie who says he will grant you any wish, and you say, "I want to be back home so I can play more Wizard101," when you were just about to leave the place you were at and it's a 1 minute drive home.
7. You try to catch spinyfish, starfish, and jellyfish because you think they will give you good stats.
6. You get really hurt then curse at your dog for not using spritely.
5. You give your pets lots of ham and yogurt because you think it will grow to epic fast.
4. You try to find a school that teaches about Wizard101/is a Wizard101 school (that would be awesome).
3. Whenever you have lobster you brag about how you killed it even when it was your school.
2. You think everyone older than 60 is either a hacker or a ghost, because it's impossible to go higher than that.
1. You say to babies and young kids, "HaHa noob I can go to Celestia and you can only go to Wizard City HaHa noob!"

I haven't done any of these things... yet!

Be funny if the genie was an efreet. XD

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
When ( in real life ) you look down to your right and and are confused when you realize your helephant isnt there.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
When you log of and look at the clock and you think its 1pm but its really 1am. (That happened five seconds ago)

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
echopraxia wrote:
1. The first thing you do when you wake up is to login to Wizard 101.
2. The last thing you do before you go to sleep is log off of Wizard 101.
3. You play with the same people every day, and friend them on Facebook.
4. In 2 days you have racked up 20 hours of game play.
5. All conversations (to other people, outside of the game) consist of PVP replays.
6. Your wife keeps a running log of the hours you're playing.
7. Your common thought is "I don't play it as often as you think."
8. Your house is a mess, but you need to level up your new character.
9. You have said "Brb, I have to go drop the kid at school." to other wizards.
10. You don't have time to search for, or apply for a job because you're playing Wizard 101.
1. 2. and 4. happens to me a ton!

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:
you have more then one account

you buy the gift cards solely for the pets

I think these ought to be the #1 and #2 indicators.

Though maybe having Dreams about your characters should slide in there someplace.

I used to have lots of dreams, proving I wasn't satisfying my thirst for wizard101.

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
You know your playing wizard101 too much:if you use your main wizard to discride yourself in english classfor a report (and yes I did that )

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
mightygirl1001 wrote:
You know when you've been playing too much Wizard1O1 when you start having weird dreams about Wizard101 (This happened to me once )

Also, on Halloween, when you start thinking about dressing up as your Wizard101 character (I don't think this can actually be accomplised :()
I tryed (really)

Survivor
Nov 11, 2009
You try to click ignore on your sibling when you're upset with them

You have a bag full of rocks because you were collecting stone blocks*

You got in trouble with your parent/guardian for trying to put your desk in your backpack

You lulled yourself to sleep imagining you were playing W101 and you had just defeated Malistaire(or Morganthe)

You have been absent from school/work for the last 6 weeks on account of being "Unable to defeat Plague Oni"

*i'm a poet and i didn't know it**

**actually i did...

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
... When your friend from the eastern time zone has gone to sleep and you're still on when they wake up and log back on. (This happens to me a lot!) :)

Then you realize it's 2:30am and you have to get up in 4 hours... oh but wait... you're 1 bar short to the next level... one more quest... ha ha ha

Love all the comments here - I can totally relate! :-)

Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 46 death
Lenora LionHeart lvl 37 myth
Lenora DrakeMancer lvl 19 fire
Nora SeaStone lvl 12 storm

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
You know when you have been playing wizard101 too much for these reasons
1. when you talk randomly about wizard101 ALL the time.
2. whenever you see a chicken you call it Ra
3. you try to convince everyone you know to make a wizard101 account
4. when you go to the supermarket and say " I have ten gold in here somewhere"
5. think sticks in your backyard are wizard wands
Aedan Ogrecatcher level 32 myth

Survivor
Dec 29, 2009
my friend is addicted, he had a dream where he bought 3 60,000 crown packs and 4 2 month subscriptions and he beat malistaire but when he woke up he went to play wizard101 and shouted "DARN!" lol

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
1. When you miss or mess up on a game you say "AW MAN! I FIZZLED AGAIN!"
2. You call electricity and electric types storm.
3. You call dark types death types.
4.You find yourself quoting your catch phrases from wizard101
5. You spend your time playing this game or on the forums when you should be doing something else more important like school or work(No I am not doing this now....or am I?)
These Have happened to me a LOT lol

number 5 is me

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
When you buy an Ipod touch just so you can play Wizardblox at work to earn cool stuff for when you get home.... <cough> yeah i did that

ellie