Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
Arenlor wrote:
Deborahloi wrote:
You stay up all night so you cen get up 4 levels, and then call in sick the next day.
Just hope your boss doesn't play.


If your boss is in Wintertusk, you can just send a group after him with level 58 spells. :P

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
Merekid wrote:
5 Someone gets hurt and you throw a toy unicorn at them.

6 You dont know why they didnt like getting hit with a unicorn.


The last two are hilarious- I just burst out laughing, and am still in stitches because I can see my nephew doing this. He used to love this game, and I still do. :-)

Since I'm an adult, and don't have any restrictions on how much time I spend on the Interwebz, I can go at this all day... literally. That's how my Balance wizard went from grandmaster to legendary in the span of about three days. I should also mention that I soloed almost every dungeon, with few exceptions, and one day spent 6 hours farming Big Ben- I also stayed up all night doing it, so coffee was my best friend at work the next day (what, no energy potion?). :-P

Here are my signs that I play too much:

10.

I recently finished a 6-month contract job, and am now unemployed (sadly, my dismissal was not w101-related). I spend a couple hours a day looking for work, and the rest playing this game or perusing the forums...

9.

I also have a w101 playlist on my computer (I disabled in-game sounds) and my wizards have theme-songs. Yes, you heard correctly... is that sad? Some may seem random, but that's possibly because I'm writing a book based on characters I created in-game- perhaps another sign that I'm way too into this. :-P

Balance: "Battle Ready" by Otep; "Unbreakable" by Fireflight.
Death: "Feint", by Epica.
Life: "It's For You" by Niamh Kavanagh
Storm: "Familiar Taste of Poison" by Halestorm.
Myth: "E.T." by Katy Perry/Kanye West
Ice: "Ice Queen" by Within Temptation
Fire: "Out of Control" by Hoobastank

8.

I have two accounts, twelve wizards between them; both have a full year's subscription, just in case I get bored or decide to retire my legendary, and crowns. All twelve wizards have mounts, and I'll admit to buying at least 3 dragon's hoard packs.

7.

I somehow amassed 200,000 gold, and proceeded to spend it in a day, on pets and a new house in Marleybone.

6.

I like to farm the Kraken on low-pop servers late at night, for no other reason other than that he's my favourite boss.

5.

As I mentioned above, I am creating a book based on characters I've created here ( I do the same with TS2 and 3, my other guilty pleasures :-P)- this is partly because I'm a fan of both w101 and the Potter series, which came out when I was in the sixth grade. I've never written fantasy, though, so I'm interested to see where it goes.

4.

When it rains or snows (and it does a lot of both here), I've been known to point at the sky and yell, "ELEMENTAL DEFUSE!" or wonder where my storm shield is.

3.

While getting hit by a Tempest in Waterworks, I actually asked my dungeon-buddy if, "because we're already in water, do we get more wet when this happens?" I also once cast a Meteor Strike at someone and thought, "that really shouldn't work in here".

2.

I also have two shirts from Zazzle. Both have the Balance scales on them, with "Ra is my homeboy" and "got Judgment?" underneath, and my non-wizarding friends have no idea what any of it means. :-P

1.

I actually went back over this list 17 times and edited it, to make sure that I'd included everything.
__________

I think I'm an addict, but I don't want to be saved. :-)

Laura Shadowsong, Legendary Sorcerer,
& her 11 aliases, 42 pets, and counting...

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
381
when you KNOW you played wizard101 too much

when you search the dephs of the ocean attempting to discover celestia

Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
11
start132 wrote:
hi one of the ways to know you have been playing wizard101 to much is that you have been playing wizard101 all day insted of doing homework or other things you got to do that is very imporant. by madison thunder crafter :P


true even thou i dont do this. i know some people who do this

Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
11
Riolu7890 wrote:
maxitola2009 wrote:

8. You are not at your house and you find a genie who says he will grant you any wish, and you say, "I want to be back home so I can play more Wizard101," when you were just about to leave the place you were at and it's a 1 minute drive home.

6. You get really hurt then curse at your dog for not using spritely.
5. You give your pets lots of ham and yogurt because you think it will grow to epic fast.

2. You think everyone older than 60 is either a hacker or a ghost, because it's impossible to go higher than that.
1. You say to babies and young kids, "HaHa noob I can go to Celestia and you can only go to Wizard City HaHa noob!"

I haven't done any of these things... yet!


I've done them... MUAHAHA!

Especially no.1, I do that eeeveryday. Lol, the parents get mad at me tho I: I do that to random babies and kids and stuff so yea :P

I also have dreams about my character getting all the awesome boss drops in the Spiral. That's a great dream, because I rush and check to see if I have Crowns. I end up being totally mad because it was only a dream.

Last thing: I dream about finally defeating Nilbog for my Ice pet. (I always die when I'm so close!)

Sabrina
Legendary Thaumaturge
Author of The Chosen Three fanfic

~See you in the Spiral!~
lol. good luck fighting tha dude

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
328
carterma wrote:

Does anyone else find themselves humming the music in the Commons and not even realizing it until someone else asks, "What's that you're humming?"


No, but i always find my self humming the "Dragonspyre battle music" LOL!

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
105
I'm still looking for sombody who makes bumper stickers, so I can have one that says :
CAUTION
I break for reagents

Also one day when walking down the street I saw a flower in a garden that looked just a Black Lotus. I had to resist the urge to go pick it.
I see mistwood, ore, shells and stone block all the time.
I'll even pick the seaweed out of the lake where we swim and tell the kids I need it to make aether.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2011
4
Or when your in the street and get scared that monsters are going to pull you in because you're not on the sidewalk...I've done that.

Survivor
Jan 22, 2011
9
Idk if i am necessarily addicted to it, but i do play it allot. Sometimes i try to take a break from it, but i just cant. Although, i am in the waterworks allot and dont wanna lose all my progress :P.

Colin SwiftCaster Level 60, Death

Explorer
Jul 15, 2011
58
Here are top 10 ways that i made up.
1. You hum the commons song or marleybone song.
2.You see a old granny and yell out: Greyrose! :D
3.You hate cats cause you think they are actually O'Leary cats.
4.You wave your finger to make a spell.
5.Your sister stole your toy and you say:
You: Give me back my toy!
Sis: No way :P
You: Don't make me use scarecrow!
Sis:
6.Whenever you hear Cyrus or Drake, you yell out: My myth professor!
7. You despise sphinx cats because you think that is meowiarty on four legs.
8. You dress up as your wiz.
9. Whenever you hear your school or see your school, you say: Woot! Go -insert school here-!
And last but not least, 10. You see a man/lady wearing black and say: Run! It's Malistare/Morganthe! And people stare at you like
and you are like: or

Happy Questing!

Typed, Valkoor Soulwraith.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
25
rolo527 wrote:
5 - You pause in playing the game only to find out that it is no longer 2009.

4 - You talk to your wizards as if they are real people. And they talk to you too.

3 - You see an icon of Ambrose appear in the lower right corner of your field of vision. Then you try to port to Wizard City in the middle of class.

2 - You look in your closet expecting to find your wizard clothes.

1 - You expect your real pets to do a little dance and then some magic.


Me: x pauses x
Alarm clock: 2011
Me: o. o

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
magik82 wrote:
Here's a few:

Quitting your job to play

Being a subscriber and buying $80 worth of crowns every time you buy crowns

Insist to be called the name of your wizard

Have millions of accounts filled with grandmasters

Imagining casting a spell and damaging someone's health when they tick you off (I know I've done that)

Making your own wizard101 commercials

Sending repeated invites to your friend and family for the crowns

Buying every single crown item there is all over the spiral

Trying to create a hallusionation in your mind of merle ambrose giving you a quest

Pressing the enter button and looking confused when a chat box doesn't come up

Screaming "I NEED HELP FIGHTING MALISTARE" in a busy street

Dressing up in wizard clothes

and last but not least: Trying to find a troll and when you don't saying "HERE TROLLY TROLLY TROLLY!"


I filmed some of the game and made a little commercial for my friend to convince her to play the game. Sadly, her computer didn't meet the requirements.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
97
Once, at school, I said "Wizard 101 is awesome" in front of all of my friends. i almost couldnt explain what wizard 101 was without cracking up every 2 seconds.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
97
if you do these things, you have been playing wizard 101 too much...

3. You write and paste spell descriptions over pokemon cards, then stab them with your wand {which is a stick} because the spells do not make a kraken or centaur appear.

2. you take an angry birds stuffed pig and paint the top and bottom of it with black paint so it looks like a ninja pig.

and...

1. whenever a player in a sport makes a mistake, you yell "you just fizzled, novice!"

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
6
mightygirl1001 wrote:
You know when you've been playing too much Wizard1O1 when you start having weird dreams about Wizard101 (This happened to me once )

Also, on Halloween, when you start thinking about dressing up as your Wizard101 character (I don't think this can actually be accomplised :()
Yes it can. be creative and well you know :D Get a wig and go on a real live shopping spree :D

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
5
You know you've been playing too much when your parents tell you to go outside and you run into the woods, pick up a stick, and start trying to cast spells at every squirrel/chipmunk that runs by.

If you fall and scrape your knee, don't forget that everyone gets a pixie to heal with!!!!!! (HELP ME!!! )

-Adam Trolldust Lvl 60 Myth Wizard

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
123
Whenever you're watching something and you hear the words "Judgement shall come" you think they mean the spell.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
14
i know when you have dreams about wizard 101 like being ambrose or something like that

Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
32
1. I been getting neck aches

2. I have a limint

3. I never get off

4. I listen to music

5. i make new accounts because i bet all of mine

6. I sometimes will yell if i get mad

7. I have a area where i play this game

8. It's to fun too stop

9. :P

10. i have a alot of quest :P

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
291


In your sleep, you dream of your next strategy on how you're going to beat that tough dungeon you keep getting defeated in. Like the MB Warehouse...... Took me 13 times for my myth wizard!

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
291

Got another one..... As an older adult when purchasing gift cards, you start to explaing the game to the cashier. And convince them to try out the game. :D

Survivor
Apr 24, 2009
1
I thought i was addicted. Wow reading your stories makes me feel a lot better :D Im sorry but you people that buy new computers and spend over $100 to fix the internet for W101 thats sad. sorry someone had to say it.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
291
I think I'm an addict, but I don't want to be saved.

Laura Shadowsong, Legendary Sorcerer,
& her 11 aliases, 42 pets, and counting...


Yep, I don't want to be saved either! 8)

1. You show off your wizards to your kids/grandkids/significant other.

2. You buy gift cards for your (grown, in my case) sister/brother to get them as hooked on the game as you are.

3. When you finally have convinced that sibling and have them as hooked on the game as you are, they call you on their cell phone and talk during your quests and wear out the battery on you phones.

4. When playing the game alongside someone else in your household, you're yelling instructions to the other person. Confuses the dickens out of the other players. "How do they know what that person wanted?"

Defender
May 17, 2011
180
how about this:
10. daydream about how much gold you have in the middle of class (oops )
9. play while you eat your breakfest (this i do every day exept sunday)
8. send invites to friends who nevr check their email for the crowns (want to)
7. hum the music from wizard101 (oops again!)
6. when someone is being annoying imangine casting a spell on them (ah, secret revenge in your head is so nice )
5. when you see some rock or twig or something yell or think
omygosh omygosh i found a mistwood, lavalily, stone block, etc.
4. bother to make one of these lists (lol i guilty)
3. walk through a a street and jump on the sidewalk when you see something coming
2. buy like 5 cumputers so you can duel your brother, dad, etc.
and nnumber one is:
1. when you see someone dressed up like some random wizard101 dude (like in all black) shout: malistere! or cyrus drake omygosh! or even he is a Ninja Pig! or you go outside to look for monsters to level up lol i still guilty! any way, there is a bigger thing then the last one, (1) wich is to read this post1 yay i still guilty of this lolz 8)

Survivor
Jul 04, 2011
9
These are hilarious and comforting haha. For me this is how I know when I have played too much:

1. My son misses a baseball and the bat flies out of his hand and I holler "Its okay baby everybody has an epic fail sometimes!"

2. My daughter who takes ballet is working on dance of the dragons and after seeing her costume I find myself thinking "Ooh I should redo my wizard house in dragons."

3. My husband and I are watching LOTR and I say ooh he looks like my wraith pet

4. I offer to mow and weed eat the entire 1 1/2 acres of property if my husband will do dinner and watch the kids for the rest of the night so I can farm Grubb for the wraith statue o.O

5. I am standing in the kitchen trying to remember why I went in there my kid asks what I am doing and all I can say is "I think I just fizzled"