Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 21, 2008
16
You call your history Teacher Cyrus Drake

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
261
Professor Greyrose wrote:
http://diaryofawizard.com/ has a wonderful post from Postcards from the Spiral about the Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101 Too Much

Here's three - to read the rest, follow the link below.

10. You’ve convinced your child/parent/significant other to create their own account so that you can battle together.

9. You’ve purchased a new computer so that people in your house can play together or play online at the same time.

8. You’ve set up a wireless network, after procrastinating for at least five years, so that people in your house can play at the same time.

http://diaryofawizard.com/

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Thank you both for the article and we encourage our players to list their own below!

You call in sick because you played soccer in the cold. When your (annoying) older sister walks into your room to make fun of you, you try to cast a ghoul to get better by stealing her own energy. After a few minutes you start wondering why didn't a ghoul pop out of nowhere from a tombstone with a magical shovel

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
200
Professor Greyrose wrote:
http://diaryofawizard.com/ has a wonderful post from Postcards from the Spiral about the Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101 Too Much

Here's three - to read the rest, follow the link below.

10. You’ve convinced your child/parent/significant other to create their own account so that you can battle together.

9. You’ve purchased a new computer so that people in your house can play together or play online at the same time.

8. You’ve set up a wireless network, after procrastinating for at least five years, so that people in your house can play at the same time.

http://diaryofawizard.com/

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Thank you both for the article and we encourage our players to list their own below!
the most funny thing that happened to me was me playing with my friend in the backyard my friend also plays wizard101 i wanted her to play and she started now she is telling her friends to play :P so we were playing and then i see some chopped up wood and its shape is the same exact as the one in wizard101 then i'm like "Hey look mist wood!" then she is like wha? me: and scrap iron! friend: you play wizard101 too much me: well its addicting! friend: i know it is but... ooh look stone block! me: friend: lets look for reagents! me: ok! i'm in! it was so funny at the end of the day i came in and told my mom my friend and me found reagents! mom: what is that? me: its something from wizard101 mom: Ok?

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
200
mightygirl1001 wrote:
You know when you've been playing too much Wizard1O1 when you start having weird dreams about Wizard101 (This happened to me once )

Also, on Halloween, when you start thinking about dressing up as your Wizard101 character (I don't think this can actually be accomplised :()
i dressed up just the same as my wizard all i needed is a crazy lady gaga outfit then hot pink and black spray paint and then i was my wizard by the way my friend did same trying to look like her wizard and she did it! :-o :P when we went trick or treating we met this girl and she is like i play wizard101 how did you learn how to look like your wizard :-o and we trick or treated a lot
togethoer ( i know i spelled wrong )

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
261
julia88888 wrote:
mightygirl1001 wrote:
You know when you've been playing too much Wizard1O1 when you start having weird dreams about Wizard101 (This happened to me once )

Also, on Halloween, when you start thinking about dressing up as your Wizard101 character (I don't think this can actually be accomplised :()
i dressed up just the same as my wizard all i needed is a crazy lady gaga outfit then hot pink and black spray paint and then i was my wizard by the way my friend did same trying to look like her wizard and she did it! :-o :P when we went trick or treating we met this girl and she is like i play wizard101 how did you learn how to look like your wizard :-o and we trick or treated a lot
togethoer ( i know i spelled wrong )

I like the monk suit you wear in the game; so last Halloween I tried to make a monk suit by drawing strips on one of my sweatpants. Well that didn't work very well and I ended up with my sweatpants smudged and ruined :-( They were too big for me anyway :?
So I ended up wearing a zombie outfit and pretending I was a rotting fodder

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
234
Having three dreams in a row about Wizard101.

:O

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
200
Fin3cy6 wrote:
julia88888 wrote:
mightygirl1001 wrote:
You know when you've been playing too much Wizard1O1 when you start having weird dreams about Wizard101 (This happened to me once )

Also, on Halloween, when you start thinking about dressing up as your Wizard101 character (I don't think this can actually be accomplised :()
i dressed up just the same as my wizard all i needed is a crazy lady gaga outfit then hot pink and black spray paint and then i was my wizard by the way my friend did same trying to look like her wizard and she did it! :-o :P when we went trick or treating we met this girl and she is like i play wizard101 how did you learn how to look like your wizard :-o and we trick or treated a lot
togethoer ( i know i spelled wrong )

I like the monk suit you wear in the game; so last Halloween I tried to make a monk suit by drawing strips on one of my sweatpants. Well that didn't work very well and I ended up with my sweatpants smudged and ruined :-( They were too big for me anyway :?
So I ended up wearing a zombie outfit and pretending I was a rotting fodder
thats funny

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
200
SantaIceBurg wrote:
Having three dreams in a row about Wizard101.

:O
O: i dream every single night about this random story based on wizard101 and i am gonna make a book out of it!!!!!!!!!! O: O: O: O: O: O: O:

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
200
ok here is my top 10 list

10. you act like your in wizard101 and say brb gtg even though people dont understand you
9. you find lots of woodchips at your school and yell milllion of red mist wood! :-o
8. you fall asleep at school and dream about wizard101
6. for your homework you have to show your work on it so you say your a wizard and you asked merle ambrose for the answers
5. you find someone at your school wearing all black and you yell malistaire at recces and chase the guy ( guilty )
4. you do homework and play on wizard101 at the same time ( all the time! )
3. at camp while everyone is sleeping you get your itouch/iphone and play a wizard101 game on it ( guilty :c )
2. you cry and beg everyday to your parents to by a laptop so that you can play wizard101 on it almost everywhere ( guilty :c )
1. you go out into the city and to a busy street then before you even did that you made signs like "Can someone take me to Malistaires lair?" or "Did anybody see wizards captured or even Malistaire" then a little girl comes up to you and she does play wizard101 so then she slaps you and says wizard101 isn't real my mommy said so! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ( a little guilty * pats my cheek * )

Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
83
Well, I have more...
1. You try to put metal and wood together and don't understand why a black lotus won't appear (guilty)
2. Your friend is eating some of your lunch. You begin ti think he/she is a gobbler (guilty)
3.You get a stick and paper cut-out cards and try as hard as you can to cast a spell (guilty)
4. You are obsessed with trying to tell your friend to come online and help with a dungeon (WHY AM I SO GUILTY?)
5.You are trying to make your pet dance (guilty again)
6. You feed your pet Moon Pie (yuck)
7.You invite your friend over to your house. It takes them a long time. You wonder why they won't just teleport to your house (wow, i'm still guilty)
8.You tell your family what you are doing on Wizard101 and they get annoyed (my poor grandma!)
9.You see a white owl and think, "Hi Gamma!" (aww, still guilty)
10.You tell everyone, "I have legally changed my name! Call me [your wizard's name]" (phew, not guilty)
11. You don't know why you aren't leveling up after you finish homework (guilty again)
12. You play so much, your parents set a time limit on how much you play (mine is an hour)
13 You are guilty when you finish reading these things
14. You dream you are battling with Headmaster Ambrose [and you are fighting malistaire] (guilty)

Hunter BoomThorn, Grandmaster Thaumaturge; Level 57

Survivor
May 14, 2010
4
Man, and my mom already thinks I play to much...

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
57
Well, maybe I have been playing Wizard101 too much

But... it's a better thing more than a bad one, considering that the people who made this game are excellent developers, other games are so boring, they rise and fall in a few months.

~Melissa Smith-Legendary Sorcerer

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
57
OOH!! I almost forgot

I've been playing too much that i've made up my own school.


Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
29
There are so many pages of this, I'm afraid I haven't read them all, so forgive me if this has already been said, but for me...

When i leave the house to walk to the store, I think "I'm moving so slowly! I must have forgotten to equip my mount!" LOL. Doh! Real life strikes again. How I wish I really had wings...

Explorer
Jun 03, 2010
51
TitanOfFire wrote:
You know you've been playing Wizard 101 too much when your friends from Wizard 101 don't understand your references to Wizard 101. :?
been there ( it's funny)

Explorer
Jun 03, 2010
51
Awgeewhiz wrote:
6. You are walking down the street and randomly pick up sticks, rocks and pieces of scrap metal.

5. You come to a Yellow Yeild sign and get ready to cast a spell.

4. You have a bumper sticker that says "I do not break for golems."

3. You favorite soda is anything that dosen't fizzle.

2. You make a cardbaord sign that reads "Need Help?" and go stand on a street corner.

1. You request to be paid in Crowns in real life.
paying in crowns. nice 8)

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
146

lol you know you been playing too long when your walking down the street see an animal and think you got pulled into a fight ring like in sunken city when nothings there lol

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
381
one time, the internet was going slowly so i ran virus scans and they didnt find anything, so i got told to turn on and off the internet, and it worked, but since then, the computer was guarded by a security system and wouldnt let me play wizard101 and i got desperate since i couldnt find the off button. i then pressed the close window button and the game started working again. phew, what a relief

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
64
IamLezul wrote:
OOOOh! AND when u have dreams that ur in a crazy hard dugeon! AND, when you've been playing sooooo much and then you log off, YOU CAN STILL HEAR THE MUSIC!!! This happens to me sooooo much! LOL


Count me in, I must be addicted! I heard wizard101 while getting newspaper for my zebra finches! :D :-) :) :-o

Survivor
May 01, 2010
3
laulenak wrote:
how about this:
10. daydream about how much gold you have in the middle of class (oops )
9. play while you eat your breakfest (this i do every day exept sunday)
8. send invites to friends who nevr check their email for the crowns (want to)
7. hum the music from wizard101 (oops again!)
6. when someone is being annoying imangine casting a spell on them (ah, secret revenge in your head is so nice )
5. when you see some rock or twig or something yell or think
omygosh omygosh i found a mistwood, lavalily, stone block, etc.
4. bother to make one of these lists (lol i guilty)
3. walk through a a street and jump on the sidewalk when you see something coming
2. buy like 5 cumputers so you can duel your brother, dad, etc.
and nnumber one is:
1. when you see someone dressed up like some random wizard101 dude (like in all black) shout: malistere! or cyrus drake omygosh! or even he is a Ninja Pig! or you go outside to look for monsters to level up lol i still guilty
I thout of another one I can't belive i thought of this go around in a wizard outfit and be asking random people on the street to help you with quests i almost did this at school once

Survivor
May 01, 2010
3
:you know your addicted because i look into your closet expecting to find your wizard rob wene your at school and you teacher gives you an asesment you think it is a quest if you go out side with a friend and you pick up a stick and say "can you help me practice spells!!" and your friend is like and you are walking down the street looking for reagents

your friend
Victoria thunder heart

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
200
thought of another! you try to find something that gamma wears and try to put it on your dog XD lolz

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
278
1.Whenever you are going to speak or write down a number, you catch yourself doing so in an ordinal fashion. (Forth, fifth, seventh tea, etc.)

*(Bonus if you actually did speak or write it.)*

2.Whenever you hear talk about "dumb blondes" or valley girls, the very first thing that pops immediatley into your mind is the sound the judgement spell makes.

3. You can't think of any more top ten indications because you've played too much Wizard101.

Survivor
May 10, 2009
3
Awgeewhiz wrote:
6. You are walking down the street and randomly pick up sticks, rocks and pieces of scrap metal.

5. You come to a Yellow Yeild sign and get ready to cast a spell.

4. You have a bumper sticker that says "I do not break for golems."

3. You favorite soda is anything that dosen't fizzle.

2. You make a cardbaord sign that reads "Need Help?" and go stand on a street corner.

1. You request to be paid in Crowns in real life.


i totally agree with that. my sister doesnt even play the game but she watches me and goes around picking up wires and saying "Look! I found some kelp!" and im like "Really thats a wire." lol

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
185
disturbedfear wrote:
You call your history Teacher Cyrus Drake


hahaha omg this is hysterical and i'm not even in school but it's great! I hate having drake as my teacher, he's so dang rude :(

I didnt read thru 17 pages of this but i'd add:

*you try to go to sleep after hours of questing, then suddenly think 'ooh i bet my energy refilled and I can finish gardening/pet training.

*you get super bummed when you decided to buy crowns during the $60 sale and you miss it :(

*you are irritated by the fact that when you log in, there are 6 desks and always 1 student standing, but you cant create the 7th student to have one in each school :( grrr

*you repurchase back your training points several times because you find a spell (sun/moon/star) that you want and you have a few spells that are worthless (first 2 polymorphs in CL base camp :( )

*you have 2 accounts and hooked up your computer to your giant tv for better viewing of split screens so you can play both (so your life student can keep your other ones alive while they lvl up lol)

*you have over a dozen tabs in your internet browser of pages from wizard101central.com of stuff you needed to know for battles or gardening drops and stuff like that (I currently have over a dozen tabs open and yelled at my 20 yr old son when he said 'your computer is too slow ima close out of these pages' um, no cuz I need them pages grrr lol

I know I had more ideas but they wont come to mind now :(